Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Dear Galaxy: So Tell Me About This Force Crap

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
The following query percolated through the HoloNet:

So I had a Sith-related accident. Now I can feel what's either the Force or a mix of confirmation bias and Ithullian whiskey, the kind with real wasp in it. And unless that whiskey's a lot stronger than advertised, I can do things too. Push buttons from across the cabin, that kind of stuff.

Anyway, it seems like a waste not to figure this dren out and put it to use. I've known a couple Sith and Jedi that I liked, but I've also known plenty of both that I wouldn't piddle on if they were on fire. And I know they're just the big two out of hundreds of ways to do the Force thing.

So hello, Forcers of the galaxy. Why should I do it your way? Convince me. Assume I like myself and my life just fine. What's so karking superlative about being a Sith or a Jedi or whatever you are? Why shouldn't I go with the other guys?

Sincerely,
SpaceTape_1313

Tags: Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

Tapping from the comfort of his old YT-1210, he would slowly tap the side of his chair which was humor wise, a bit to small for him. Tapping it a few more times, he would pull the keyboard portion of the chair around and type, sending a small message towards this...SpaceTape_1313 person.

SpaceTape_1313,

Sith related incidents sadly been as common as they were back during the days of the Old Republic, perhaps even more so now with current events. However, this is probably what you do not want to read so I will get straight to the point.

So why pick someones way? The answer sadly is complicated. Are you one that wants power but know that all it takes is to lose everything to achieve just nothing? Are you seeking an inner peace that once you obtain, what do you want afterwards with it? Those two conflicts are what a Sith and a Jedi have to deal with all the time. I won't lie, I been quite possibly the closest to a Sith when I was much younger, having a lot of hatred and a lot of grief I had to deal with.

Here is the main reason why I will say to never follow the Sith. It will consume your soul, it will consume your every damn thought in your mind. People say Sith are just power hungry individuals...some are right but you are mistaken if every single one are a brute with a lightsaber. Most are cunning, staying behind the shadows and plotting each move like a giant holo-chess board. I been that way, taught that way and amassed a rather sizable fortune due to it though at the end of the day...the consequences were not worth it.

Are you prepared to lose every family member? To see them cut down before you, tortured and to let that guilt consume you? Perhaps turning you into a temperamental beast that wishes nothing more than the destruction of your enemy, even if it means killing those close to you? To move higher onto the ranks, you have to kill one of your own? To make a chess move where a thousand lives are to be killed to gain a single piece of property? That is what a Sith deals with every day...and each one I mentioned, I have done and been done to. Trust me, this is something no person should ever delve onto.

As for the Jedi, I have always been weary of what they are. Some have been known to be...blind to events that occur around them. They been purged multiple times throughout history for example and with some proper planning, that would never happen. Instead, they wish to not rely on certain notions and seem to not interfere until it is to late with political problems such as warfare, planetary riots, ect. They believe the galaxy need to revolve without their interference...until they decide it needs it. Most of the time, it only causes more trouble and if you want an example, look over at Vulpter with their terrorist cells that sprung up against the former Grayson Imperium (The Alliance) and proceeded to follow onto Kuat which almost lead to a war with the Imperium versus the Republic. Both sides having Jedi, both sides blind to the notion of whose religion and way of life is right.

That is the main reason why I am weary of Jedi. If you are not doing it their particular way, that becomes a massive problem and they can become as blood thirsty as the Sith when taking positions of power. If you are not with one particular group, you are against them and they become severely fractured among each other. That is why you see so many groups of Jedi floating around as of lately, even though there has been attempts as of late to unify those groups of Jedi against the oncoming Sith Empire. That in itself is the only times you see groups come together is to go against a larger foe and afterwards...it will all fall apart again unless wise and cool heads will prevail.

So what is my advice against the two right now? Simple: There is a war coming and it will be a bloodbath for the ages. Both sides will most likely collapse from their own foolishness, leaders will fall and rise on the occasion but the battle will not cease to end unless they wish to end it on their terms. If you want to avoid warfare, I would personally stay away from both until you have an idea what you want to do with your life considering your force sensitivity. Training in private, discovering your own abilities is what I would recommend with perhaps a personal friend to oversee you not accidentally exerting yourself to hard. If you want to decide after your comfortable and want to make a difference, then I would speak to one of their representatives personally but perhaps a bit far away just in case.

Now, as for me...what I am now is what I would call retirement. I am neither side nor do I care for what is going on anymore. I seen the evils of the Galaxy and I rather not see it all over again. I do some volunteer work on the side on planets that require aid but I keep myself far away from conflict as I can unless it cannot be helped. I been near Nightsisters, Jensaarai, and even Inquistors from a time long before, all different but all having their purpose. I like my life the way it is, being peaceful for the first time in years.

SpaceTape, if there are any questions, at any time on the dealings of the Force, of things beyond a normal nature or just simple questions of ethics on groups, I am more than happy to answer any questions. Just shoot an holo-mail to the handle. I been in your shoes as an adult when I discovered my abilities with the Force and was overwhelmed for a few years and would attempt to help not make the mistakes like I have done...such as destroying a door with my voice on accident.

Sincere and with a Bow,
Weather_Puzzle_14

SpaceTape_1313,

The Most Serene Brotherhood of the Deep Core congratulates you on your Force Sensitivity. We expect you will come to appreciate your gift fully in time, such that you no longer mistake it for inebriated hallucinations.​
It is our personal recommendation that you become a Jedi. Extended analysis has shown that, compared to their Sith counterparts, Jedi are more likely to enjoy:​
  • The ability to develop and maintain healthy relationships (professional, platonic, and romantic)
  • Higher work satisfaction and enthusiasm
  • Positive disposition and attitude
  • Extended life expectancy
  • Overall improved health
Jedi training is arduous and may not be for everyone. A list of active Jedi Orders has been attached to this message. It is recommended to consult with at least one Jedi Master before applying.​
Many of these traits may also be ascribed to general followers of the Light Side, though our data on these organizations is less complete. A partial list of unaffiliated Light Side organizations has also been attached to this message.​
If for any reason formal training is unavailable, Force Sensitivity may be tempered "at home" by secular meditation, regular exercise, and other positive health habits.​
Conversely, inadequately trained Dark Side adepts universally show greatly impeded mental processes and emotional instability. This, combined with possessing unwieldy cosmic power, often leads to the repeated perpetration of atrocities both large and small - generally before dying earlier and at a considerably higher rate than their counterparts.​
Adequate Dark Side training is a question of both curriculum and demeanor. Only certain individuals may be trained in the Dark Side without developing the above qualities. If you are curious as to whether or not you are possessed of the proper demeanor, you may fill out the attached survey at your leisure. Your results will be logged automatically.​
Regardless, there are no organizations capable of providing a comprehensive curriculum at this time. We are thus obligated to unequivocally discourage any attempts at touching or mastering this side of the Force, whether self-taught or formally tutored.​
We hope this has been edifying.​
Sincerely,​
The Most Serene Brotherhood of the Deep Core​

Variants of this message are often found under similar HoloNet posts, generally in the uncanny manner of writing that suggests some level of automation in sending it out. There appear to be no other methods of contacting the "Serene Brotherhood" outside of messaging the individual account.

Last edited:

Selinica Miriya Cailis

S
This was how she spent the dawn - seated at an old, weathered desk, with a lightly steaming, milky cuppa at one hand, and reading tablet in the other, perusing personally, carefully curated holofeeds. A nice split of relevant local, regional, and galactic news, investing and finance, other personal interests, and... results dredged up by feelers tuned to certain keywords.

Sometimes that constituted a form of somewhat unintentional spying, other times it offered up little things like the request for information that was before her eyes now, reminding her of how it felt to be at such a crossroads, and how she ultimately hadn't, per se, chosen at all. Sel sipped at the lightly spiced tea, and set to thinking of what words to use to respond. It wouldn't be lengthy.

SpaceTape_1313,

There is no convincing to be done. You're fishing.... and for what? What do you believe? What gets under your skin? What makes you incensed?

It is there that you'll find your path, for countless sects of Force users the galaxy over are diseased with hubris, prone to under or overreact, and are little more than being what they are in name only. They trod on the weak in the name of smiting their nemesis, whoever that may be, from this plane of existence.

So why choose a side? Doing what is right, doing what is necessary is never so easy as that, for its not the label that makes the adept, but rather, it's what the adept does with their training and experiences, how they use that as an expression of their very core, that shows what they are.

Something to think about. Of course, if you really do like your life just the way it is, then I wouldn't be here, humouring you, now would I?

What is it you want, SpaceTape_1313?

In curiosity,

StalwartDusk_8

Jak Skirata

J
The Tal Ka'ra floated along in formation with the Mandalorian Exile fleet somewhere between there and nowhere. Feet up on the dash, Davin was flicking through bounty targets when he saw a message pop up on his datapad, obscuring the bounty lists. He grumbled and started scrolling. He'd been looking, for a while in fact, to pass on what he'd learned all those years ago from Ember Rekali and the other Witches of Dathomir. He'd preferred to pass on his can-opener approach to the Force but between the Sith occupation of Mandalore, his brother's imprisonment on Concordia, and a myriad of other debts starting to claw their way back to the light of day he'd had very little time. So he'd set up a protocol on the holonet to search for anyone asking for help when it came to the Force.

It wasn't that he was an expert on anything by any means. It just so happened though, that when people were looking for that kind of help it was because there was something going on that they felt they could make a difference, and these days Davin could use a win, even a small one.

And so one Jerec Asyr's message popped up.

"Wait a minute...I know that name," he muttered, switching back to the bounty board. He mumbled the man's name as he flicked through available bounty chips and whistled when he found what he was looking for. Over 2.5 million credits worth in bounty payout. Aran clanked through the bridge door, startling Davin who hissed out a stream of Mando'an curses in response.

"Ah, Jerec Asyr. He's quite the scoundrel," came the heavily modulated voice of the modified KX security droid. "Is he our next target?" Davin's eyes scanned the last known location of the man. Some no-name dive station en route to Nar Shaddaa. Davin tapped the aging monitor on the dash and winced at the fuel gauge before pulling up a galaxy map. The fastest way to Nar Shaddah from where they were would be to take the Mara and hop off before hitting Silver space, but that meant cutting straight through Ryloth and CIS space and with his current cargo of illegally modified, no serial Mandalorian blasters he was bound to have trouble just moving through their patrols and checkpoints.

He sighed.

"We'll fuel up at Lonesome," he started. Immediately Aran perked up, his read photoreceptors flashing in alarm. Davin ignored him and continued before the droid could sass him any more. Lonesome was dodgy, even for them so he understood the concern, but this was 2.5 MILLION credits they were talking about here.

"Then we'll try and skip through Ryloth and hopefully Geonosis. Hopefully, the gravometric compensators you installed last month will keep us together. If we make it through that... It should be smooth sailing from there."

"Smooth sailing, sir? Smooth sailing? Master Skirata I-"

"Initiate voice command protocol: Mute" On cue Aran's voice shut out as the droid began pointing to the air to make his point, paused realizing what had just happened, gave Davin what he could only assume was an indignant look, and marched out of the bridge. As the droid left, a large Tortuga Hound padded in and settled down at Davin's feet. Davin gave a satisfied smirk before reaching down and patting the beast's neck. With a quick and friendly message to Jerec offering to help him, Davin pulled on the control yoke, turning the Tak Ka'ra from the formation of ships and jumped into hyperspace.

Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

SpaceTape_1313

Welcome to the club, you've finally made it. First thing I would do, is go and make sure there wasn't any psychoactive drugs in that whiskey of yours. If that checks out, then you've had some crazy stuff happen to you. Next thing you want to do, is add Force-sensitive to your resume (Trust me, people will be more inclined to hire you). Then, you'll need to decide where you want to take it.

Now, I can't tell you where to go, as I might end up having bias, and that's something nobody wants. It's really up to you. Give a real look into all sides of the argument, and decide which one is best for you. Or, if you don't want to join a side, that's fine, there is a neutral side. Really, there's a lot of places you could take this, it's all up to your alcholi- I mean, slightly larger than average brain.

Try not to get yourself killed,

Red_Dead_Retribution

Howdy there,

Ya got my sympathies for gettin' that voodoo put on you. It's more trouble than it's worth, at least that's how I reckon. Anyway, I ain't gonna preach about rights or wrongs just summarize what I've learnt over the years.

Sith are selfish. Jedi are self-righteous. In the end they're both out for their own ideas and you? Shoot, you're cannon fodder. Don't let any one group snag a claim on ya. You can't do it alone, the galaxy is a fethin' rough place-- 'Course we all know that. Get you team of ya own choosin', folks that are reliable beyond squabbles of red versus blue.

Take care out there,
JinxDice_814

Private messages ensued:

Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara
Hi Weather_Puzzle_14
I like what you're saying. Sounds like you're speaking from a place of authenticity. Guilt and pragmatism are things I think about a good bit too. Those kinds of questions are why I'm holding back from taking steps.

Jedi do the peace thing, Sith do the anger thing. You sound like a solid third way. How do you use the Force? What does it feel like and what do you use it for?

SpaceTape_1313

Silver Shield Group Silver Shield Group
Dear Most Serene Brotherhood of the Deep Core,

I have takn tour survytonight and look forward to heering back from you
SpaceTape_1313

Selinica Miriya Cailis
Hi StalwardDusk_8
Yeah, I was afraid I'd hear something like that. You're right that finding 'me' in all this Force stuff is a huge obstacle. It's probably because I know none of the usual suspects are a fit for me and I'd like to be convinced otherwise or shown another path. I can't really learn to do Force things on my own - can I?

Davin Skirata might learn, in time, that the Directorate had already doled out that bounty, culminating in Jerec spending a good while locked up. Doubtless they'd just forgotten to cancel the bounty once they paid it. Doubtless.

Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red
Hi Red_Dead_Retribution
That's what I'm grappling with, yeah. It hadn't clicked for me until just now, courtesy of your resume comment, that I should or could be looking at how I can pick the right Force plus-one for what I do and what I want to be doing. What's your job? Any pointers?

Rook Heimdal Rook Heimdal
Hi JinxDice_814
I hear what you're saying: screw the big names, build your own team. I do like a good team and I've got one. A couple of them even use the Force. Maybe that's where I should be focusing - mooching off my buddies' Force skills a piece at a time.

Dear SpaceTape_1313,

I'm kinda new at this whole thing myself, I don't know whats going on or how to handle it... Maybe once you figure out what's best you can let me know?... It's good to know I'm not alone...

Maybe there's a group that wont make us conform, we could do our own thing, just a little guidance would help... Everyone has turned a blind eye to my calls for help except the Jedi or Sith, but they only want to use people for their agenda, I don't want to be used by anyone, I kinda like being me... I'm just lost about what to do and I have no idea how to control these things that are happening to me... I don't want to hurt anyone...

Well, if you find a good answer as to what to do, let me know, I'm sure there's better things than being a Jedi or Sith...

Sincerely,
LittleBird904

Selinica Miriya Cailis

S
Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

SpaceTape_1313,

How do you suppose the very first of those burdened with the Force figured it out?

A little mindfulness, self-awareness, and a willingness to experiment, can go a long way. The Force is more or less infinite, and the only limitations are what you are ultimately capable of doing with it, your own imagination, intellect, and... if any, your philosophical beliefs. If you can push a button with it, then it stands to reason that you can do the opposite - pull. So on and so forth.

That isn't to say that the guidance of a more experienced adept isn't beneficial; I got by on my own just fine for a number of years, but becoming the student was an easy and welcome transition when the right mentor's path crossed my own. Just be sure to work to keep your own mind. Ask questions, challenge, think for yourself. I would expect nothing less of a student, as a master of my own talents, and the galaxy doesn't need more sheep.

But that you're intelligent enough to be skeptical of what's already out there, and inquire further already gives me faith that you won't end up bleating some 'one true way', in a wookiee fur coat.

I'm open to entertaining any further questions you might have.

StalwartDusk_8

Last edited by a moderator:
Selinica Miriya Cailis
Hi StalwartDusk_8

Thanks a ton for this, very helpful.

Jedi do peace or at least keeping themselves under control more or less, and Sith do anger. You sound like you go a third way. How do you use the Force? What does it feel like and what do you do with it? I guess I mean what emotions are you feeling and what are your powers?

SpaceTape_1313

Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

SpaceTape_1313,

The Force for me has many practical applications. To use the Force is more of a way of willing yourself into making something happen. Sometimes it requires a calm mind, another time it can require some emotion, some effort to have something done. I use the Force with notions of calm and sometimes of emotion though having to keep it well under control. I know it is not a solid answer but there are many ways to use the Force though I recommend not lashing out in Anger or Hatred. That can lead...to some bad results.

What the Force feels like...it is an interesting question. When I first felt it, it was like hearing a hundred voices all around me and at the same time, knowing that everything near me can be effected by my actions. The Force is like a mystical energy, with the feeling that everything around you is alive. The rock in the driveway, the key you are about to strike, even the smallest speck of dust can be felt through the Force given enough time. I would recommend learning meditation, it is a way to delve into your surroundings but I wish for you to not have any distractions or thoughts of anger...that can cause problems or perhaps, a messed up office when you accidentally float objects with the Force. Oh, and if you see a shadow in the dark while you mediate...you best stop before something takes a hold of you and makes you its play toy.

As for what I use it for...I will be honest. I am a Healer, I can use the Force to mend wounds otherwise considered impossible. I can mend your organs back together, put your own arm back on after it has partly rotted. It is a wonderful thing to learn but difficult to master as you need lots of concentration and much effort into keeping a calm mind. Other things, I can lift large objects and throw them across rooms, at times have visions of the future (something I wish stops happening at times), create a ball of pure Light Side energy that repels those of the Dark Side and even long ago, use my rage to keep myself going when I was so filled with blaster bolts, cuts and bruises. Other small examples is having the ability to sway the minds of people, to calm them and even make creatures otherwise hostile, become calm in your presence. You be surprised how often that last one comes up on a house call.

Perhaps though my best ability is something quite rare. I have the ability in itself to manipulate the environment around me. Not to the point where I can change a rock into a piece of gold, no it is far more than that. I can look at a lake of water and rise up a ball the size of a light freighter and toss it at you. I can watch the clouds around me and force them to rain. I can move the wind as if it was like blowing a musical note into a Jizz. With all that, I can create harmony or chaos on a whim. I can turn the wind into a tornado to destroy my foes given enough time...or perhaps a bad thunderstorm occurs and I focus on one bolt of lightning in the cloud, then strike it down upon vehicle to where it ceases to exist. At one point, I sent such a force of wind on a desert planet I will not name, that an entire battalion of men, machines and droids ceased to be a problem under ten feet of sand.

Though I will be honest to on that last ability, I rarely if ever use that now. It causes more problems that it fixes. I prefer to heal people in a hospital where I have my medical license. Treating those wounded in bad conflict zones, aiding the children when they are let down the most. I have caused enough harm in my lifetime to not give cause to give anymore unless there is no other choice. Do I miss the action? You bet but there are others I see now that I have to take care of. I lost my families over the course of many years, even many lovers. I have to live with my mistakes and perhaps my best way of doing it, is to keep helping people that to prevent such things happening to other people. So yes, healing to me is a wonderful pathway of fulfillment and I have enough credits stashed away till the day I die that I never need to worry about asking for credits for even the most complex surgeries.

I hope this answered any questions, I am never been the best at explaining how the Force feels to me but that is perhaps...I lived so long, sometimes I forget what it feels like on and then off.

Regards,
Weather_Puzzle_14

Further private messages ensued:

Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara
Hi Weather_Puzzle_14

That's a ton of insight and kind of daunting. I mean, I've killed before when I needed to, with a gun or a laser cannon, but it feels like there's probably an extra level of burden when you can kill folks by thinking about it.

I tried the meditation thing and it hasn't clicked for me. Took a great nap at some sacred Jedi ruins though.

What about lightsabers? Is that part of the Force, or just a tradition of carrying around a plasma torch with all the safeguards chopped off?

Katherine Grey Katherine Grey
Hi LittleBird904
Glad to hear I'm not the only one figuring this crap out. What kinds of things can you do so far? With me there's no pattern so far, just things that happen. Knowing what's next when I'm flying, feeling it when somebody's lying.

Selinica Miriya Cailis

S
SpaceTape_1313,

You're welcome.

In my first message to you, I mentioned something about those two dichotomous ends of the spectrum of Force codes and philosophies being two sides of the same dirty cred. How I use the Force, and what I do with it, has much to do with righting the fallout of what that dirty cred does to the galaxy, but in a not-overt way, so I can continue doing it. To seek recognition would do more harm than good, because nobody likes their little kingdom fiddled with, and if I could obscure entire worlds so they could live out their lives without being under some self-important adept's thumb, I probably would. Rarely does an adept being in power go well for those beneath them.

How does it feel?
Familiar, like an old friend, but that old friend isn't always helpful. The Force can and does guide, but waiting around for such a sign is unproductive, and people die when you don't act when you should. You can be a conduit of its will, but more often than not you're relying on your own wits and acting according to your beliefs and convictions, and the Force is just a tool for making real the outcomes of your decisions. So is a blaster, and though that has much narrower applications, both can be deadly, both can have unintended and unfavourable consequences. Using the Force isn't always the best way to go, and I've taken a couple lives in years long past, in self defense, without its help. Taking a life never gets easier. Or rather, it shouldn't.

Emotions? They're probably the most powerful way to express the Force, yes, but they can be difficult to control without accepting and addressing them. I'm not certain if you're familiar with different versions of the Jedi code? One early version accepts that emotion has its place. A later version speaks more to utter denial of self. The Sith Code is somewhat the opposite of the latter. Where I stand is somewhere between them, towards temperance; knowing why I feel anger, and allowing myself to feel it knowing full well what it is, helps me be driven to act by the why, and not utterly out of the emotion itself. Happiness? Just like anger, too much can be blinding, but neither of these is intrinsically a bad thing. Not having this intimacy with one's self, not being so self-aware, is how I suspect some Jedi fall to the dark.... but that's another discussion entirely.

And as for my 'powers'... well, my Force-borne talents lie very much in the realm of illusion, light, and shadow, with a smattering of other 'powers'. In a word, deception, if you will, and with more than one way to go about it, but employing the Force for this isn't always necessary. Hiding in plain sight is sometimes as simple as being unmemorable, or perhaps expending a little effort in misdirection, and the ability to be outright invisible is rarely needed with most people. Invisibility can either be easier or harder, depending on how you go about it, your degree of skill, and who you're trying to avoid.

Outside of that, I like to carry a big stick. No, that's not a metaphor. Nor an euphemism.

StalwartDusk_08

Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

SpaceTape_1313,

Ah, the lovely Jedi Ruins. Mostly monuments to some fool who made war and then won it. Sad but true.

Meditation thing, I will admit I did not learn till well after I finished my duties with my group. I ran into a much older male Ithorian who sat me down and taught me how to meditate...it will come in time, you just cannot force it to happen. It takes practice.

Had the same thoughts somewhat though I called them oversized glow sticks but I will be brief on what they are. Lightsabers are a physical construct, designed with a hilt, lens, a battery and a distinct lightsaber crystal. Any normal person can turn them on and wave it around but they have a distinct disadvantage to their use. For those who are force sensitive and train in their art, you can anticipate the movements of a blade before they even strike, can deflect blaster bolts back at your foes and even if, if you want to be a jerk, stab through the wall and take out an opponent whom you cannot see.

To most, the lightsaber is an extension of a persons power and ability. In the old days, a Jedi taking out a lightsaber mainly meant that all peaceful means are naught and violence is now resorted to. Sith loved their color of red, it generally matching clothing and held a mystic of fear. Before you say anymore, no the color does nothing but make you look pretty. Some will take them out simply to light the way which I find pointless if you have a flashlight. Another is that some would weld durasteel doors into place so those behind it cannot break in without controlled explosives...or another ones lightsaber.

Effectively though, a lightsaber can cut through practically most material, save for some of the more rare material such as Beskar and Cortosis. It will even melt starship armor if you press against it long enough, even blast doors. Some can effectively throw it like a javelin, only for it to come back like a boomerang moments later for a nasty surprise from the back of your foe. Only real issue with a lightsaber is water though if you construct it right, it will even work under those pressures as well...don't ask how, I still can't keep mine sealed up from being flooded. Rain is generally not an issue unless it is hurricane force to which if that is the case, why are you in the damn hurricane?

Regardless, the lightsaber is an elegant tool or weapon, however the person would answer, for a time of peace and warfare. The mere sight of it can dispel potential combat with a simple showing of it, like a blaster pistol you hide under your coat. Some take the lightsaber concept of a weapon more seriously, turning them into staff like weapons, pikes, crossguard variations and even whips. Yes, I have a whip in my collection and it is a pain to use, not very powerful but it can cut and it can kill.

However most lightsabers to use them more effectively have Forms so to speak. Think of it like martial arts, there is tons of them in the galaxy but only one that fits the situation. There are seven of them ranging from Form I to Form VII. Each one has a particular quirk to them and I will be very brief on each one. Form I deals with the basics, it is what most start out with and basically teaches not to hurt yourself and self defense. Form II is the dueling form, mainly one on one combat and is particularly high on fencing. Form III is all on defense, outlasting your enemy by tiring them out and deflecting everything in your path. Form IV is fast attacks, jumping around and being unpredictable. Form V is a mixture of force use and lightsaber combat, jack of all, master of none. Form VI is actually two of them that works together. First is Shien, an unblockable defense which for granted, you can deflect with practice a turbolaser bolt back at a turret. The other is known as Djem So, a mixture of Form II and Form III to where you wait to strike and strike hard in a counter attack and repeat. Form VII is a harsh fighting form and perhaps the only one I do not know much about. It is erractic, brutal and unpredicatable with such ferocity that I be surprised if anyone is left standing after several minutes of fierce combat. Only issue is that form is lightsaber focused only...a well timed push can put them off balance or simple use of the enviroment to eliminate your enemy. It is considered more of the Dark Side form though I have heard some Jedi found a way to make it not so. Again, I am no expert in that form, I have mastered III and VI with some good knowledge in II and V.

I hope that somewhat answers the question. I do note that carrying a lightsaber also signals you are somewhat trained...I be weary but at the same time, I be prepared also. I am sending a small diagram on how to build a lightsaber by hand...I will be honest, the crystal is the pain to find but you be surprised how often an antique shop will have one, I will send a list also of identifiers for those. I will make note with big bold letters for the intensity knob of the blade so when you train, you do not cut your own arm off but instead, get a sting. Lastly, a battery only needs to be replaced maybe every five years...but do not get a cheapo brand, that will bite you later on.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Signed,
Weather_Puzzle_14

PS:
Sent also a diagram of lens commonly used, some are still in production. Note that the sharper it is, the sharper the blade and intensity can become. Sometimes even wider.

Further private messages ensued:

Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara
Hi Weather_Puzzle_14

This is huge. I'm an engineer by trade - well, I'm a lot of things, but an engineer's a big one. Sending these plans is speaking my language. You wouldn't believe how many lightsaber plans are floating around the holonet. At least half will blow up in your face. But this one feels like the genuine article. I've started putting the pieces together just from spare parts around the shop. Got some good diatium cells so no worries, I won't cheap out on the power supply.

Also, thanks for the VERY CLEAR LABELING on the intensity knob schematics for the training setting. I've only got so many arms.

Selinica Miriya Cailis
Hi StalwartDusk_08

Wait, you're telling me the Force can turn you invisible or make me ignore you? Is that brain to brain, or are you bending light or something?

A private message of dubious character arrived exactly ten minutes after the completion of the survey.

SpaceTape_1313,

The Most Serene Brotherhood of the Deep Core extends its heartfelt thanks you for your completion of the previously attached survey.​

Your assessment period has begun. At the end of the assessment period, a representative of the Serene Brotherhood will contact you. If you elect to join another Force-based organization during this period, it is possible you may not be contacted.​
We reiterate our recommendation that any association with the Sith Empire or its affiliates should be avoided.​
Please continue your day to day activities as normal.​
With all due respect,​
The Most Serene Brotherhood of the Deep Core​

SpaceTape_1313

I'm "borrowing" this connection, so I'll keep it short - in my experience, this weird psychic Force chit is pretty useful. Lets you move faster, see things you didn't before, and even "enhance" personal projects. Sometimes I'll just stick a component in there and think really hard and it just starts working, or maybe that's just me. It isn't part of all those Jedi legends, anyway - do they really wear robes all the time?

Aaaanyway, I'd just experiment with it and see what you can pull off - what's the worst that can happen?

Sincerely,
BirdofPrey_79

Leaning back in the fething comfortable office chair - a shame he couldn't just pocket it - he looked through the rest of the replies, making notes of a few of the sensible hints. Truth be told, he had no fething clue what he was doing.

... "Oh, a survey. Neat." Might as well, he still had a few minutes until his droid was done grabbing all the schematics. ( Silver Shield Group Silver Shield Group )

Last edited:

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

SpaceTape_1313

What do I do as a profession? Well, I work as a special forces operative or as a commando, I'm not sure you want to do that, it requires intensive training, which will be hard, and long. I also do a bit of bounty hunting and mercenary work on the side. Pointers would be find out ways you can incorporate the Force into your everyday life, and into your job. For me, I sometimes use the Force as a special forces operative. You know, using it to disarm enemies, fling them across rooms, pick them up, interrogation, and much more uses. One time, I used it to... well, let's just say, it's possible to remove a full spinal column with the Force. Yeah, I'm a Jedi, but trained and raised to be a soldier and a killing machine, I often incorporate methods most Jedi wouldn't approve of. You don't need to be one or the other, just be whatever suits you, like me, I'm a Jedi, but I incorporate not-very-Jedi methods.

Have fun and stay safe,

Red_Dead_Retribution

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom