Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Lonesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=11pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]GENERAL INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Planet Name: Lonesome[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Demonym: Loners[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Region: Wild Space[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]System Name: N/A[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]System Features: Lonesome is the only moon of a Strigari nomad, a rogue planet called Silens that does not orbit anything. Silens is a gigantic, dim gas giant on the verge of being a brown dwarf star. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Coordinates: R-51[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Major Imports: Fresh foodstuffs[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Major Exports: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Lumni-spice[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Gravity: 0.7 standard[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Climate: Lonesome orbits a cool gas giant/brown dwarf with no sun, so its climate can best be described as ‘chilly.’[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Primary Terrain: Lonesome is mostly barren rock, with some plains and mountains. It has no oceans and very little water. About a decade ago, Jorus Merrill was contracted to crash a few small comets in uninhabited spots, and they’ve melted into stagnant but useful lakes.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Atmosphere: Type III - Low on oxygen, heavy on carbon dioxide. Breath mask needed for anything longer than a minute or so, or you will die.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Major Locations: Most of Lonesome’s population lives in spice-mining towns. The largest of these, and the planet’s primary spaceport, is a good-sized city called Drenn. It’s too big for a single enclosure; each building or complex has its own environmental seals (some better than others) and atmospheric processors (some better than others). People wander the dark cool streets in breath masks of one kind or another, or stay inside or underground.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]
chenxi-kang-4a07f46e4ecd7bae2c33a01cb80e6af.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]
chenxi-kang-1-34.jpg
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]POPULATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Native Species: None. There are [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Sharu[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] ruins, tens of thousands of years old, but they were just visitors.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Immigrated Species: Standard Outer Rim milieu, with quite a few [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Defel[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] and [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Umbarans[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt], and some [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Sharuka[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt].[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Population: Sparsely Populated[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Demographics: Both Lonesome and the city of Drenn are around 60% standard Outer Rim milieu, about 10% Defel, about 20% Umbarans, and about 10% random others from Wild Space. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Primary Languages: Common trade languages like Basic, Huttese, Sy Bisti, and Rammocate.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Culture: Lonesome is a rough place, but folks head there to make their fortunes in the lumni-spice business. Many succeed, more than you’d expect. Others wind up indentured in the rougher mines, or hooked on the lowest-grade lumniclart, or just plain struggling to make ends meet in a place where ‘social safety nets’ aren’t a thing. As one might imagine, Lonesome is a look-out-for-yourself kind of place. Community tends to focus on extended family units, including found families. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I lived and worked with my cousins and their friends in this one hab block, same place I was born. When I was sixteen I set out for what I’d heard was a good mine. Bounced between a couple operations, made a stupid amount of money for backbreaking work, never did get to school. Now I’m back in that same hab block, got a little family and a nice new atmo system. I’ve done good for myself.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Government: Onworld and offworld mining corps have their own towns, territories, rules, and security forces. There’s no government beyond that.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Affiliation: Outer Rim Coalition[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Wealth: Medium. Lonesome is a Wild Space spice mine; it’s got money, especially at the top, but it’s nothing compared to the Core Worlds, Nal Hutta, or the Tion Cluster.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Stability: Low. Wealth inequality means unequal access to the best air and medical care, among other things. It’s a chaotic planet, dangerous for travelers. There are large corporate spaces - both physical and societal - and a whole lot of people live and die in the ignored spaces between them. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Freedom & Oppression: Your opportunities depend on your connections to the corps or the various underworld players; if you’re not part of them, you’ll run into all kinds of obstacles that would otherwise just melt away. It’s not oppression so much as rampant inequality. The corps aren’t precisely malevolent: they bring many benefits, but get in their way and they’ll crush you without even noticing. There are no laws apart from corporate standards in various corps’ backyards. Slavery happens, drug abuse happens, murder happens. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Military: The corps and local gangsters have all kinds of investment here, so you can fully expect serious opposition if their interests are threatened. Otherwise, Lonesome has no defenses.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Technology: Outer Rim for the poor, Core Worlds for those who live more within the corp and corp-adjacent social sphere.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]HISTORICAL INFORMATION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The Sharu used Lonesome as an outpost around a hundred millennia ago, give or take the duration of the Old Republic. The forces that wiped them out may have been the Rakata, leftover Force Hounds, Killiks, Gree, or something worse - there’s no way to know for sure. Regardless, Lonesome remained untouched and unknown for hundreds of centuries. A few early Givin, Columi, and Taung spacers found the planet the hard way and didn’t survive the experience; their wrecks are still embedded in the ground. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Throughout the Galactic Civil War, its long aftermath, the Gulag Plague, and the Dark Age, Lonesome stayed off the charts with a population of zero. An ambitious Hutt, a rogue trader of sorts, stumbled across it in 830 ABY and promptly started mining lumni-spice. Since a new source of the rarest spice in the ‘verse isn’t the easiest thing to keep quiet, other criminal and corporate interests muscled in promptly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The situation stabilized around 840 ABY, with a hiccup or two around the Akala Crises, and Lonesome’s lumni-spice production stabilized with it. A whole lot of money began flowing in and out. Lonesome’s extreme remoteness kept it out of the hands of any major government, and the corps repelled a few hungry warlords with ease. Currently, Lonesome is a free world and a tentative de facto member of the Outer Rim Coalition. [/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom