Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Dealing in Arms

Dealing in Arms
1aa41936a58e2116b0523dc626dc0c26.jpg

Tags: [Open]

When the Eternal Empire had collapsed, Altima hadn't yet been aware of its' existence. In fact, she hadn't even been in service. Still, eager to secure weapons for her house brought her to the planet Bakura, hoping to find a military site that would be open to trading, and unfortunately, this didn't seem to be the case. Having landed on the planet, she had gone from market to market, trying to find a good supplier, and earned only shady arms dealers and more degrading comments than she cared for.

Finally, she arrived at what would be her last stop, which appeared to be a repurposed space port, armed guards patrolling the outside, automated turrets lined the corners of twelve feet high walls, and a feeling that made her think she was stepping into a military base. The hardware she could see poking over the wall suggested such, and so, she had to hope there would be some serious hardware to negotiate for. Of course, she had to get past the guards at the front.

"No Weapons inside." One of the men stated, pointing an odd looking blaster rifle towards her, to which Altima slowly removed her equipment. With one security checkpoint cleared, she entered past the entrance, and found something akin to a bazaar set up within the base. What really bothered her, was the count of armed men in the area, who seemingly were not stripped of their weapons as she had been.

Hopefully, no one got any funny ideas.

In Umbris Potestas Est
At the far end of the room was a simple booth with a variety of different exotic weapons sitting out. These weapons were primarily produced by Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing, the old company of Vanessa Vantai, but also encompassed a number of different weapons from various past organizations that perhaps told the story of the enigmatic woman with black hair and a set of opaque band-like glasses across her eyes. Seeing the new arrival who had just entered the room, she raised a hand, motioning for the newcomer to browse the wares she possessed. A datapad was located on the desk next to the weapons in question, specifically programmed for inquiries to be made into whether or not particular types of weapons could be acquired or possessed.

Perhaps she would make a number of sales here.

Altima Io Altima Io

Dealing in Arms
Tags: Onrai Onrai
Seeing that she was being signaled, Altima moved to engage with the woman. Her expression remained placid, and as she came to the stall, eyes looking over the merch that was being advertised, there was something at the edge of her mind that just felt off about this whole affair. She gave it a look over, glancing up at the woman, still unable to shake the sense of unease she was garnering. "Are you a mercenary outfit or some sort? I'm buying in bulk. I'm not looking to get a handful of blaster pistols, I need enough to arm several squads." She said calmly, her mind running over calculations in her head, sorting out the logistics for supplying each of her soldiers on the field.

In Umbris Potestas Est
"You're looking for weapons in quantity." The woman responded. "I can appreciate that, certainly. My... patron, so to speak, has been quite the stockpiler of military equipment over the decades and has an inventory matched only by the preeminent galactic powers who claim such temporal space as their own. Tell me what it is you seek insofar as munitions go and I will let you know what our inventory is. We have everything from the smallest sort of holdout weaponry to large-scale starships themselves - if such is what you desire."

A smile formed on the woman's face and remained. After all, she was glad to have acquired these resources over the years, through the stockpiling of galactic powers as they collapsed.

Altima Io Altima Io

Dealing in Arms
Tags: Onrai Onrai
The more the woman talked the more Altima felt she needed to just leave. There were red flags coming up left and right now. “There are several powers you are referring to, and you’re suggesting that you have taken assets from all of them? This is hard to believe.” She stated, arms crossing, brow creasing in a look of disbelief. “I just need rifles, small explosives, and ammo. That’s it, I’m not looking to blow up a small moon, just need enough to arm a few squads. Maybe combat armor if you have any.” She really wanted to turn around and get the hell out of here. It felt like she was being lured into some manner of deal that was far too good to be true.

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Surplus from powers that no longer are." She said, clarifying. "When an empire or alliance falls, its equipment doesn't simply disappear into the void, after all. My patron acquires it, stores, it, and on occasion resells it to interested parties." As Altima made her inquiry, the woman picked up the datapad and looked over the inventory, tapping the screen a few times before she offered the datapad to her potential client.

"The SIF-141 Interchangeable Weapon System. Formerly the frontline rifle of the old Sith Empire before it collapsed at the hands of the... Third or Fourth Galactic Republic? Sometimes it's hard to keep track. The system is modular and can be configured in a variety of different ways - as an automatic rifle, a carbine, a designated marksman rifle, and even a shotgun. Perfectly suitable, and of course provided with surplus military-grade ammunition. I can do a hundred and fifty credits per system with five magazines included, with an additional five credits for every magazine past that."

Her hand swiped to the left, showcasing another grenade design. "Balmorran Firewall Grenades. Nasty weapons, but effective against armored and unarmored infantry alike. Very effective at area denial - and from what it sounds like, you're not looking to bring a building down on someone's head. These are somewhat exotic - fifty credits a grenade."

The woman looked up from the datapad at Altima Io Altima Io , curious to see her response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom