Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Darkpyre-class Multipurpose Security Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
gE9mHvN.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Surveillance Station | Orbital Garrison | Customs Station | etc.
  • Length: 224.6 metres
  • Width: 224.6 metres
  • Height: 179.7 metres
  • Armament: Very High
  • Defences: Very High
  • Hangar Space: Extreme | 4
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 2 Squadrons
    • Support Craft: 2 Squadrons
    • The standard loadout of a Darkpyre Surveillance Station is two squadrons of Scorpios and two squadrons of Ferret IIs.
  • Manoeuvrability Rating: None
  • Speed Rating: None
  • Hyperdrive Class: Slow | Class 6
STANDARD FEATURES
  • The Darkpyre-class is outfitted with all the features and facilities one would expect from a station of its size and purpose, among these:
    • Advanced Long-Range Sensor Suite
    • Omnidirectional Tractor Beam Array
    • Automated Internal Security System
    • Encrypted Communications Suite
    • Internal Command Centre
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Beacon in the Dark: With a utilitarian hull dotted with powerful weaponry and efficiently designed hangars able to house four full squadrons, the Darkpyre is a tangible Sith-Imperial presence wherever it is placed, its versatility allowing it to serve as everything from a surveillance station to the garrison of an unimportant world.
WEAKNESSES
  • Stationary Presence: Incapable of independent locomotion except through its Hyperdrive, which itself is glacially slow even by civilian standards, the Darkpyre is forced to rely on tug boats for anything other maintaining its position.
DESCRIPTION
The Sith-Imperial Armada was the greatest to have ever sailed the stars, at least according to the Office of Imperial Truth, but where its warships were carried ever onward by the inevitability of progress, its spaceborne defences had lagged behind - perhaps it was their history of outward expansion or overconfidence following the fall of many of its greatest enemies, but a flaw had emerged in the Sith-Imperial bulwark.

Flaws could not be tolerated, not now, not ever.

Commissioned to replace the now-defunct Project Aegis with newer, entirely nationalised models, the Darkpyre is a key component in
the Sith Empire's strategy to fortify its southwestern border - home to many of its most valuable worlds - in response to the rise of the New Imperial Order and other threats, though a recent focus on versatile designs led to the station being designed with an almost entirely modular interior.

This modularity allows the station to serve in a truly vast range of roles, from its original purpose as a deep space surveillance station and early warning system to orbital garrisons, customs stations, and more rarely prisons, research posts, and even residences for Sith Lords!

Last edited:
First time reviewing a space station! Still has problems but they are minorish.

NECESSARY CHANGES!

Affiliation: The Sith Empire
I know you have it listed above in a hyperlink...but please do it again here. Rules.

Hangar Allocations:
  • Starfighters: 2 Squadrons
  • Support Craft: 2 Squadrons
  • The standard loadout of a Darkpyre Surveillance Station is two squadrons of Scorpios and two squadrons of Ferret IIs.
  • NB! The numbers above represent the default configuration used by most Surveillance Stations and Orbital Garrisons; Orbital Fighter Docks instead feature four full squadrons of Starfighters and no support craft.

What I have highlighted in bold is not allowed. I talked with John Locke, another Factory Judge on this matter and asked what should be done. What he would recommend was that if you wanted to use that, you would need to create an entirely new submission for that use. So with that ruling, please remove that section that is in Bold.

Strength:
Beacon in the Dark:
With a utilitarian hull dotted with powerful weaponry and efficiently designed hangars able to house four full squadrons of combat or support craft, the Darkpyre is a tangible Sith-Imperial presence wherever it is placed, its versatility allowing it to serve as everything from a surveillance station to the garrison of an unimportant world.
No, you cannot do this. Reword that as you cannot have FOUR squadrons of Starfighters or Support Craft. What you have listed in the hanger allocations is FIRM and cannot be changed. Reword this properly to reflect your actual Hanger Allocations.

Let me know when you have made the necessary changes then we can move forward with this submission.
AMCO AMCO

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

Though I've never linked an Affiliation twice like that before, at least as far as I know, it's been fixed and I'll make a point of doing from now on; I have no strong feelings about it whatsoever, so if even a single Judge prefers it that way I see no reason not to make a habit of it.

As for the Hangar Allocations, that is unfortunate - I have no clue how to justify it ICly, since these are made to be entirely modular and hangars are pretty samey to begin with, but I removed all references to "Orbital Fighter Docks" and hangar modularity.

Heh, I might just pretend like bureaucratic red tape prevents one from putting a fighter in a shuttle bay and vice versa. Damn paper-pushers. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom