Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cu'agr: Weapons Training (All ME welcome)

What're you gonna do? Kill me?
Did the lizard man walk over to my dead servant's daughter? Weird. One would think the girl would be satisfied being allowed to eat the food off Yasha's table. Daughter's been decent to her, and nothing but a pout and sour lip from [member="Achani Raxis"]. Even I can see it and I've been alive for two weeks. Aaaaaannnnnd nothing. What am I doing here, other than proving that I can actually show up? [member="Adenn Kyramud"] chuckles at me… was it funny, intimidating, or telling of what’s about to happen next?

“Melee.” I cannot be the only one who thinks giving me access to legitimately bladed weapons is a safe bet. These armoured mooks won’t know until they’re face up with a belly full of pinholes.

I walk over, checking the weapons as a host of whispers murmur between the recruits gaggled together like a series of hens, or murder of arthritic crows. Picking a single knife, I test its’ weight and put it down. Nope.

A short sword, double edged and pointed… ooo and it comes in pairs! A grin on my unarmoured face, swords in hands. I walk to the recruits and toss the sheathed short sword at one who looks big and antsy.

“You. Bubsy…”

“Ah, my name is Alek…” he said, catching the sword with a fumble.

“You want your own name, you beat me, honey pie bubsy boo.” I grab him by the chest guard and yank him into the ring, unsheathing my short sword and rotating it in my hand, doing a few crosses in the air.

Yep! I like this sword! I stand in a sparring stance, weight equally distributed between both legs. “C’mon, bubsy! You want your name? You win it, bubsybubs.”

The man growled and unsheathed his sword. “Fine. See how fast the Sithspawn ends up in the dirt.”

Yes, come at me. Come on boy. Come at me… let’s fight.

[member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Skorvek"] [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="Mig Gred"] [member="Rhaegar Dib II"] [member="Achani Raxis"] [member="Sterling Kinslayer"]

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig smiled and nodded, saying "Vor entye, vod (Thank you, vod)." He then looked at the children there. [member="Brigh Solus Skirae "], [member="Achani Raxis"], [member="Rhaegar Dib II"] , [member="Adara Raxis"] , and Reyn Raxis. He kept his helmet on, but he smiling a bit underneath. It was always better to train kids then adults. They weren't hardheaded, or too set in their ways. Plus he knew some of them. The Alor looked through all the kids again, then spoke.

"Ok, I'm nowhere near as wordy as Adenn, but I'll keep things simple. Mando'ade, even medics, scientist, workers, and other non-combat roles, need to know how to defend themselves and their families. Before we get to that though, we're going to start with some stretches and basic exercises. Follow my lead." The older Mandalorian then began to do some stretches, waiting for the kids to follow. After the stretching, he would follow with guiding them through some push-ups, sit-ups, and the like.

Meanwhile, Lidden was beating up some pour sap who figured she would be easy to beat. He laid on the ground, panting, and the Gred began to chastise him.

"You're over confident. Size and weight don't make a melee fighter. Nor does the length of your blade. I beat you easily with my Trayc'kal. Daggers. It's how you wield your weapon. Now work on... everything." She sighed before looking at [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] . This would be interesting.

Stardust nodded, she hated having to ask directly who k ow where they were or what happened but star had to know...the force was telling her to move over to achani to talk to the little girl. Sighing she moved towards their group and spotted [member="Sterling Kinslayer"] as she offered him a smile and stopped about 3 feet away

found a friend sterling? Good to see!

She said and smiled before directly her attention to [member="Achani Raxis"]

my apologies, I'm Stardust Solus Skirae, battlemaster. Couldnt help but notice that you dont seem to be..well excited? How about some one on one training and even sterling you can help if you want

She looked to mig for permission, since he'd just assembled the group
[member="Mig Gred"]

[member="Mig Gred"] [member="Adara Raxis"] [member="Achani Raxis"]

Brigh was right, finally two trainers cane over. She stood tall and smiled at them eager to begin! However it seemed her mother's friend came over. He wasnt a child was he? This was confusing but however the trainers moved off and if she could barely hear he'd be training them! Oh she was really really excited to be trained by him!

yes sir

She said and started stretching, her mother had made sure that she knew how to exercise as her mother always made them do so before any training especially the force...she was annoyed sometimes cause of that

Reyn didn’t wait to be told which weapons or items were safe to touch. Like the precocious boy he was, he charged at a gun rack, brushing his hand along every single one.

“Woooaa! Lookit! Hey, Brigh! Rhae! Look! Lookit!” Boundless in energy, Reyn ran back to [member="Rhaegar Dib II"] and @Brigh Solus Skirae. He took both their hands, tugging backwards, “Come on! Come on, look! We get to shoot something! I know it, this is the best day ever!!

Alas, little one! [member="Mig Gred"] swooped in to bring the children some structure. Reyn burbled and raced back to his spot, standing as straight and tall as the boy could.

“Elek, Alor! Hey Rhae! How fast can you do push ups?!” Reyn shouted, following along with the stretches with a spastic desire to please. When they asked for ten, he gave twenty, eyes always flickering to his sister.

“But the ground is dirty.” Adara hung back, watching the children get down on the dirt and work out. She looked up and saw [member="Sterling Kinslayer"] and [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] fawning over [member="Achani Raxis"]. Just because Achani was allowed to put a mean face on she got all the help? If Adara put up that much of a fuss, she’d be smacked upside the head and told to behave. Punished for a week.

But not Achani. Achani got all the grace, because her mother died and her father left. It didn’t matter Achani had her sister [member="Yasha Cadera"]! It didn’t matter that her brother Azure was happy and enjoying life. If Achani was in a bad mood, and she always was, people flocked to make her feel better.

The poor baby. Poor, poor loved and cared for baby. The one who got to stay home. And live in the Palace, or the family home without impediment. Adara would never be good enough to be a Mandalorian. She'd never be good at things like Achani.

Why else would her mother constantly send her away?

“Daddy wouldn’t make me do push ups.” Adara grumbled, toeing the dirt with her shoe. “It’s still dirty. I could cut myself on a rock.”

One of her Militibus ex Infernis guards, massive Anubian warriors, unzipped a bag and unfurled a work out mat to lay before the Mand’alor’s daughter.

“Thank you, Fenik.” Adara smiled up at him, dusted off her shoes on the back end of the mat, then sat down upon it, watching how Reyn did his push-ups. Fenik bowed and returned to his waiting zone, watching over the girl.

“See, Dar’ika? Go on your knees. Try a little. Hurry, Dar’ika, before they see.” The boy tried to whisper quietly, in the way an eight year old tried to be quiet. Adara looked at @Brigh Solus Skirae, [member="Rhaegar Dib II"], her brother and the adults around Achani. Putting her hands on the mat, she tried to lower herself a few inches, and instantly smacked her nose on the met.

“Ooww.” Adara rubbed her nose, and tried again, straining to lift herself up with her spindle-arms. To say the girl was physically frail was understating her frailty. She flopped back to the mat, rolling onto her side and sniffling. “I can’t do it, Ram.”

“Uh.. okay I’ll do it for you. I’ll do double.” If he worked harder, and covered for his sister’s physical weaknesses, maybe their mother would let her stay.

"“Let me tell you something, young pup!" A deep gravely voice would catch the attention of [member="Adara Raxis"]. Strider, a mandalorian warrior long in tooth, approached the child of Yasha upon the mat. "The galaxy ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it." He lectured while getting to his knees. His joints creaked with age and abuse as he tried his best to hide the grimace of pain from the youth before him. The frail child looked so innocent in comparison to the scarred veteran, his face grizzled and torn by decades of violence " You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's what its means to be a warrior!”

The old man would let that sink in to the child and to her brother who was trying to make up for his sister's weakness. Strider would lean in closer to Adara "You are a child of mandalore. We are all vode and giving up is not in our blood!" He would then grip the mat she had so pleasantly been perched on. With one quick and powerful jerk, Strider was able to dislodge the mat from underneath the girl without toppling her over. He tossed it off to the side. "Strength is grown through struggle and honed by pain. You will learn nothing from comfort.....but weakness"

With that the old man got into the push up position, his harsh weather beaten scarred leathery face looked forward at Yasha's daughter. "So lets make you into a warrior! Give me one push up!" He commanded.

Mig watched as all the kids started to get working on exercises, except [member="Adara Raxis"] . Oh boy this would be a long day. He soon caught wind of something else though. Use of the Force may have been illegal on Mandalore, but things like his senses, which were natural, weren't. He could tell something was brewing in her. He had noticed [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] and Sterling Kinslayer speaking to Achani Raxis . Maybe.... First things first. Deal with the current situation.

"Adara, I trained outside one Concord Dawn. Out in the dirt, grass, and yes, rocks. Compared to that, this is spotless." Maybe she would get the point, but Mig felt like he would be focusing on her, which wanted to try and avoid. He didn't want to seem like her was giving the Mand'alor's kid special treatment. Then again... would pushing her harder really be considered special? He then saw [member="Strider Garon"] come up and speak. Didn't say anything at first, not knowing who he was, but the man had a point. He then spoke up again.

"He's right, though I would say a warrior isn't necessarily a fighter. However, those who don't fight still know enough to defend themselves. That's what we're trying to help train you to at least know how to defend yourself."

Training, fun and torture in equal measure. Right now, it was fun for Adenn. He watched bemusedly as [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] fought some cadet or another. In Adenns opinion, the kid wasn't that good. But then again, he hadn't gotten himself ready yet, so perhaps he could be better. Turning his attention away from that, Adenn watched as Lidden beat the snot out of another recruit. It wasn't even a contest, and if anyone called it a contest, Adenn would beat the ignoramus over the head himself.

Snorting in detriment, Adenn turned his head to observe those with weapons training. So far, their shooting was halfway from good to bad. Some were good, others bad, and others looked like they hadn't been trained in weapons at all. Shaking his head, Adenn watched as the trainers went to them and said what they did wrong, what they did right, etc. Choosing to ignore that, Adenn turned his head towards the children. He watched bemusedly as [member="Strider Garon"] yanked the mat out from under [member="Adara Raxis"]. She didn't need a mat, and if she used one, then she was just an aruetii.

Chuckling lightly to himself, Adenn noticed that the trainers there were chuckling as well. Shaking his head in amusement, Adenn turned back towards the melee fighters. He took note of the fighters, how they fought, and how well or poorly they did. Some were obviously better, such as Lidden and Aditya, others not so much, such as Alek, or as Aditya called him, Bubsy. Shaking his head again, Adenn made his way there.

Upon arriving there, he stopped next to the fighting mat and watched them fight. He observed them and their fighting styles, both were unique, and both were meant for them. He shook his head at Aditya, as if saying she could do better, or he could do better. Hopefully she'd get the message and they'd be able to have a little duel. Keeping that happy thought in mind, Adenn continued to watch, allowing his men to train the rest of the people. Dragging them off to duel with them, or giving them pointers on things.

[member="Mig Gred"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Adara Raxis"] @Brigh Solus Skirae [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Rhaegar Dib II"] [member="Sterling Kinslayer"] @Skorvek @Achani Raxis

"Eep!" The voice which crashed upon the training field that day was the roar of Strider Garon. A legend and very much the sort of man, who nearly stopped Adara’s heart in fear. Terror.

He was the man who hated the Force with more passions than words, which when put together, only adults understood… or something of that nature, Adara was pretty sure. His knees sounded like the popcorn maker Tamar used for holofilm night, and for the smallest of seconds, Adara covered her mouth to stop from giggling in sheer childish terror. He spoke of being a warrior…

And Adara’s heart sank. Reyn, on the other hand, was sitting up with the most excited expression on his face that the Universe had ever given an eight year old boy. Strider Garon was teaching Adara how to do push ups.

Strider. Garon. Reyn could die. He was so excited, he could die. Perhaps Strider would remember another eight year old, far more dour and grounded than the two children present. Yasha was Reyn’s age, when she donned armourweave and fought in Strider’s Unit. By then, already proficient enough at killing to avoid the death sentence of war, however accidental her continued existence was.

“Woooaaaa. He’s like a rusty Super Mando.” Reyn whispered a bit too loud for propriety’s sake.

“Yipes!” Adara’s hands and knees hit the ground with a slide, when [member="Strider Garon"] yanked her training mat away. Her hands flattened on the ground to protect herself from falling out of sheer shock, the right palm slipping on a jagged rock. “Ooow!”

"So if I get hit I get back up and then shoot the guy who hit me in the head with a blaster?" Sitting on her knees, Adara pulled her right hand away from the dirt and the crestfallen face of a hurt little girl glanced wide-eyed up at the Hound of Keldabe.

“It’s bleediiing.” Adara sniffled, cupping her stinging hand to her body. Reyn dove to his sister again, digging into his pockets to pull out a bouncy ball, rubber pen knife, half a stick of gum (wrapped in paper), and finally, a sealed band aid. The bouncy ball boing, boing, boinged and rolled into [member="Mig Gred"]’s boot, as Reyn peeled back the bandage and stuck it on his sister’s palm.

“Y-yes Sir’s.” Mig mentioned how much better the training ground was than his experiences, and Adara stuck her lips together in what she thought was a fierce ‘I can try again’ pout, but in reality appeared as she was, a weak and scared little girl being taught how to do the impossible by strangers. Intense scary adult strangers.

“I can help. I’m good at helping… Come on, Adara! PleaseAdaradon’tquitinfrontofthecoolestMandoseverpleasepleaseplease.” Reyn steepled his hands together, then yelped for joy as Adara sniffled and rubbed her cheeks with a dirt covered palm.

She got back on her hands and knees, watching how Strider did what so many took for granted, and staying on her knees (for she couldn’t hold herself up on just her hands and toes), Adara tried again.

“Oow!” Her nose smacked into the dirt, shaking arms too weak to control her descent. She pulled her arms underneath her, and pushed, first onto one elbow, then the other, and with a shaky breath, completed what was probably the wimpiest, and worst push up anybody could witness. Adara’s wide mismatched eyed peered over at Strider, and she tried again, arms still too weak to hold her up for more than a second, before she crashed back down, then tried again.

“I’m trying! My arms are stupid!” The child sucked in her bottom lip, trying her hardest not to blubber like a five year old, as shaking arms tried a third time to complete the basic push up.

[member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="Brigh Solus Skirae "][member="Skorvek"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Mig Gred"] [member="Sterling Kinslayer"] [member="Achani Raxis"] [member="Rhaegar Dib II"]

What're you gonna do? Kill me?
“On the contrary, Alor Kyramud. I am present to ensure they do not harm you. Do not put anyone brittle with Aditya.” It was the only advice [member="Yasha Cadera"] gave, as she watched her mother take Bubsy to the ground, a bored expression on Aditya’s face.

“Wow, Bubsy. Your Alor should be shot for putting a child with stilts in ‘gam.” That does it. Bubsy charges, and I about now reach the point where this moves from me toying with him to a fight.

Good. This recruit is worse than Adara’s piddly attempt at being strong. Yasha never should have sent that embarrassment of a daughter to a warrior’s training session. Better for everyone that [member="Adara Raxis"] be exiled to her little boarding school outside Mandalorian space.

Bubsy rages, coming straight for me, as if his beskar’gam is going to be some form of protection. Here’s a man who trusts in his armour, or maybe the myth of it, instead of his own common sense.
Don’t charge a crazy lady holding a sword.

Just don’t. I shrug and sidestep in a diagonal, wheeling around to kick Bubsy in the kidney from behind. Bubsy stumbles forward, with a bark.

“Beskar’gam is weak at the plate joints and the back. Armourweave is pitiful against kinetic impact.” I yawn as he swerves around and raises his sword, swinging down at my right side.

Doesn’t take more than a second to twist my right shoulder back like I’m opening a door and stab him in the meat between his shoulder and ribcage with the sword.

He screams, and I shove the sword in deeper, before yanking it out and slashing against his neck guard.

“You’re dead! Next now. If you're not going to train with danger as your companion, you're never going to know what you're capable of in stress.” Bubsy slops to the ground, kicking his feet to get out of the ring, as a larger, more springy Mando stomps in.

“Hey! We’re training here! That was uncalled for!” I rush him, closing distance and side kicking the outside of his knee hard. It buckles inward, and I climb behind his body, yank my arm around his shoulder, and stab my sword down into his chest plate repeatedly. Makes a lovely ping, but does nothing other than shock and wind a guy.

“Boring. Let Mommy kiss it better. Next!” I flick the blood off my sword and wait for another challenger.

[member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Mig Gred"]

Achani was absolutely hating this. She hated (not really but in a way) everyone around her. She just wanted to go home, to her bed, and start drawing again. None of this crap Mandalorian crap. Yeah, that would have probably been a major beat down in school but… She huffed. [member="Brigh Solus Skirae "]was really excited, it seemed. Along with Reyn.

[member="Adara Raxis"] was busy being a fragile flower. She knew that everyone would feel bad for her, go over and mope over her for her little sad arms and little hurt nose and… Ugh. She sighed. She didn’t really hate Adara, no. And she was more brittle than her. But… She was just annoyed with her. And this. And this general day.

And her life in general.

Achani nearly jumped out of her skin as [member="Sterling Kinslayer"] tapped her shoulder. Her wide eyes looked up at him as he kneeled down. What was he? Did he have to scare her like that? She squinted at the man, cautious of why he wasn’t giving Adara the attention and instead her. Achani did not, however, listen to [member="Mig Gred"] when he instructed them to begin stretches and exercises.

She never got any attention. Everrrrrrrrrrrrrr ever. “Achani,” she said quietly back to him. She was clearly skeptical of his intentions. “I can fight already,” she stated after a few seconds. Was that more of a threat or a statement, only he would be able to tell. [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] showed up next. Achani perked a brow. Another person talking to her? She squinted even more suspiciously. Did someone put them up to this?

Perhaps it was a prank. She gave a cautious smile to Stardust. “Achani Raxis... Why are you two talking to me?” she said after a minute introducing herself more formally. “That would be fun,” she said after an awkward silence as she thought about it - still cautious but clearly more interested than she was a few minutes before. “So long as… Sterling, comes with.”

[member="Achani Raxis"]

Achani raxis... raxis...by the force...she knew of two people...three really but two that were Raxis, her ex husband and her deceased cousin. The name hit her hard as she let a breath out and stood up as she took a breath and swallowed before offering a smile to the girl

ahhhh...wonderful name, I was a Raxis once Haha well my path wasnt with them it seemed either but yes of course he can come with us he is my vod after all and I want to see what this big guy has in mind

She said moving her lekku in a happy way

As [member="Adenn Kyramud"] explained the course accordingly and had everyone goto there respected trainers Skorvek went to where the heavy weapons training would be, the Anubian pride in him was having a fit but he knew that it was better to learn ranged combat now then get shot down on the field before getting close to anyone. He walked over to the ranged and picked a heavy blaster cannon and as if heading over for training at all wasnt a blow enough to his ego he had the trainers show him how to reload and operate it without blowing up the gun by accident, Which was some what of a embrassing learning experience when he screwed up the process a few times and ALMOST blew up the blaster cannon he was using but thankfully managed to avoid that situation.

After he figured how to finally reload and take care of a weapon he spent the rest of his time working on his aim, He went to pick a target of a reasonable distance as he mounted the blaster repeater on the stand and started fireing it down the range in bursts, No doubt the kick and such will catch him off guard making him miss a few times but he'll keep at it for the mean time.

@Mid Gred [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Adara Raxis"] [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Rhaegar Dib II"] [member="Sterling Kinslayer"] [member="Achani Raxis"] @Brigh Solus Skirae

"Ah... Chan... Knee." He repeated the name back to her, looking to make sure he'd said it right. More evident now was his severe speaking difficulties, as he tried to formulate her name but found each sound difficult to produce in sequence. The name sat well enough though, and his tail flicked delighted in response to her receptiveness, and Star's acceptance of her request. The lekku too, for that matter.

With that, Sterling stood himself up, having managed to get started with what he had in mind. Though he did pick up a small rock on the ground, and held up his hand to indicate he needed a second. Before anyone could really respond, he quickly hurled the small pebble really with full force in the direction of [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"]. More likely than not it would miss, more than a little fortunate if it did. Seeing as he was about as strong as a wookie it would probably sting rather harsh even at this distance, but the man genuinely didn't know how else to express his distaste with how the woman had treated her sparring partner. He'd have done the same to Strider, but [member="Achani Raxis"] had accepted him already.

Which meant he turned, and offered the young girl a hand. "Happy come. What Ah-Chan-Knee do good?" She already knew how to fight she said, well what did she do well then? Both he and [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] would need to know to give her a valuable training one to one. Not to mention it would also help them know who really would be good to train with then. "Sterling punch good."

Mig watched as [member="Adara Raxis"] tried to do a push-up, and fell. She seemed to get frustrated at herself, and at her limitations. He walked over helping the girl up and looking around, noticing someone he recognized. Why would Talyn send her son here? Ah, didn't matter. He could help the Alor give a point to everyone, particularly Adara. He motioned for the boy to walk over, and whispered something to him. He smiled and nodded, walking to the center of the training area. Mig then looked at Adara. "Let me show you something."

He then called everyone again, walking to the middle of the area while speaking. "I've noticed some of you are unsure that you're about to fight right now. That your too young, too small, or not strong enough. I want to show you something. This is Jai'Galaar Gred, a son of a clanmate of mine. He's going to help show you all something. Now, Jai isn't much older than most of y'all, and a lot shorter than me. Not really strong either. So I'd be able to beat him in a sparring match easily, right?" Mig waited for some reactions before quickly going to punch Jai, only to have the kid dodge and grab his arm, pulling the larger man through his punch. "Oh, not so easy." He went to punch a few more time only to have Jai'Galaar dodge or pull him through the punch.

He then eyed Adara before telling everyone "Hope that help you see you can take on anyone if you fight smart. You don't need to be the strongest if you can make someone's strength a weakness." Mig then walked back over to Adara, noticing how tired she looked. "Overworking yourself will only hinder training too."

Azure approached the courtyard cautiously. Slowly. Nervous as she was to be around those unknown, it did not show on her face. Her birth mother's sword at her hip, and hair in intricate braids thanks to another Clan Solus member, Azure's black robes hid much of her figure as the courtyard came into view. Immediately she recognized a few faces, namely [member="Sterling Kinslayer"] [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] and [member="Adenn Kyramud"].It seemed as though most everyone had partners already, however. Frowning slightly, Azure stood off to the side, and observed.

Being late had it's consequences.

[member="Mig Gred"] [member="Adara Raxis"] [member="Skorvek"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Rhaegar Dib II"]

Varian

V
Every day in his life he was trying to get better, to improve, himself, his family, his wealth, his skill. A constant struggle against the limitations of the human body and mind. He'd become rather the skilled combatant over time, particularly when it came to hand to hand or the dual pistols always at his sides. Aggressive, unrelenting, whether he had the upper hand or not was irrelevant the strategy seemed to work out in the end.

But there were things he was still always lacking. Today, he decided it was his skill with a blade. It was a weapon he'd used before, plenty, but it was not one he was especially practiced in compared to his others. He had not used it quite enough to have mastered it quite as much as he'd have liked. Whether from lack of need, or simply because a lot of what he knew was partially taught through experience or his own determination.

As he walked he wore his red and black armor, his sword was attached low on his jetpack, allowing him to grab it from the side, not interrupting his pistols at his side. He'd left his other blasters away as he felt there was little need of any for that matter. But the sword he decided to bring with him as it as the primary reason he was here. He looked around, as he approached, helmet under his arm, watching [member="Adenn Kyramud"] moving from place to place, the Alor, and presently the one truly furthering the skill of these people. From behind he also noticed a sword at the hip of [member="Azure Djitred"] "Wonderful timing." he muttered to himself approaching the woman to stand about a mater from her side, not directly facing her but rather turning his head slightly, with his body still facing those training.

"Greetings, I am Luke Varian." He said with a simple nod, then tapped the sword on his back and tipped his head towards hers, "I actually came her to practice with these. Unfortunately I've failed to quite further myself as much as I'd like on them and it's going to irk me until I feel like I'm moderately good at it." he added with a frown.

He needed practice, and this was one of the easier ways to get it done. Of course, he had no idea how skilled or unskilled the woman was. But it was mostly irrelevant. If it proved she was too skilled for him, he could learn, if she was not skilled enough, he could practice some, but might be able to take on another individual more skilled. And if they were equal then practice and learning. But she carried a sword on her so he hoped that meant she could use it.

Harm me? Hardly an issue Mand’alor, but have it your way. I’ll face her next then.” Was Adenns reply to what the Mand’alor said to him. Adenn turned his attention back to the “fight” between Aditya and Alek. She smacked the kid around like it was nothing. Adenn nodded his head though, what she said about beskar was true, the plate joints were a weaker point.

Adenn winced in sympathy as Alek was stabbed through. He’d had that happen to him a few times before, it wasn’t any fun. Then some other person came up saying they were training, and it was uncalled for. At that, Adenn snorted loudly and called out to them.
Train like your life depends on it. Suffer pain here and now, and learn from it. So when the time comes for an actual battle, you’ll be ready for pain.

Adenn then stepped up and into the circle. Out of the corner of his eye, Adenn notices that [member="Sterling Kinslayer"] threw a rock at Aditya. Stepping in between the rock and her, it hits his armor with a slight ping. Shaking his head in annoyance, Adenn turns back to the recruits. He looked over Alek and the other trainee. He motioned with his head for them to leave the fighting circle. They did so quickly, with Alek glaring murderously at Aditya while the other trainee merely nodded his head, bringing the other to the medbay. Turning his head back to Aditya, Adenn decided to have a bit of fun with this.

Turning around in a circle, Adenn noted that all eyes were on him now. Smirking to himself, Adenn turned back to face Aditya again. He had his beskad at his back, next to his jetpack, but Adenn didn’t draw it. Crossing his arms infront of himself, Adenn decided he’d toy with Aditya, make her frustrated, and then draw his beskad if he needed it.
Come on then Aditya, fight me. Use your sword, I dare you. Let’s see how well you do against a trained opponent.” Adenn made a “come at me gesture,” not even bothering getting into a combat stance. He’d be ready to dodge whatever attacks came at him, and ready with a quippy comment too. All to make her mad.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile with Skorvek, the trainers were talking amongst themselves. They saw how he was struggling, and gave him some extra pointers and tips. While finding it funny that someone as skilled as he didn’t know how to use a gun, they were glad he was here. It was better that he learned here, than being forced too on a battlefield.

At the same time, with Azure and Varian, two trainers from Clan Mortui approached them. They knew that these two were late, however that didn’t exclude them from weapons training. Noting that both had swords with them, they glanced over to were Adenn and Aditya were facing off, and no doubt about to fight. Clapping his hands in front of himself, one of the guards spoke up.
Welcome to Cu’agr, you may be late, but you can still join the training. I assume you’re both here for melee combat.” Looking them over again, the trainer was clearly judging them, to see where they’d best fit in. “Alright, if you’ll follow me please.”

With that, the first trainer motioned for them to follow him. Then he walked off towards a training area to the side, near where Adenn and Aditya were training. There wasn’t a crowd there, yet. The second guard would walk behind them, and near Varian. Said second guard motioned at the Mandos armor color scheme, and then his own.
I like the colors. Any reason for them?” He chuckled lightly, looking the man over.

@Varian @Azure Djitred [member="Mig Gred"] [member="Sterling Kinslayer"] @Skorvek @Stardust Solus Skirae [member="Achani Raxis"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Adara Raxis"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Rhaegar Dib II"] @Brigh Solus Skirae

Azure turned her head slightly when she heard someone walk up to her, and nodded in greeting. "Azure Djitred of Clan Bright Sun, and Clan Solus. I must admit, I'm also out of practice with my blade. My duties as a healer have kept me busy as of late." Azure sighed slightly, clearly upset about not getting her practice in, until two Clan Mortui members approached the pair. She nodded in response to one of the member's question about training, before following behind the man.

[member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Varian"]

Varian

V
Varian nodded towards the guard as he approached them, "Thank you, and yes. Also I apologize for being late, it wasn't entirely intentional." He responded.

Azure answered his question, also out of practice apparently, well that was fine these things happened. And a healer, that was not exactly a role that too many had to play, he did wonder why she used the word healer and not medic or doctor. Healer usually referred to some other role he'd heard more from less advanced civilizations, or Jedi, they said that too.

Adenn Kyramud was nearby Varian noticed, one of the guards came beside him asking about the unusual color scheme and he looked at the armors for a moment, "Thank you. And actually yes, better for hiding in night and dark or unusual lighting, but in daylight it's a good way to attract attention and bring focus on me in a fight, makes things easier. Came to like it myself, aside from he strategic value I mean, it just seems to feel right." he answered with a bit of a chuckle. He'd always liked using unusual or nicer looking appearances, the common use of a cape of some kind was a pretty clear sign of that. But making sure it was actually useful was just as important.

[member="Azure Djitred"]
[member="Adenn Kyramud"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom