Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship CS/TX-00 Droid Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
wFFVBMG.png
CS/TX-00 Droid Starfighter - "Swarm-class Droid Starfighter"

Out of Character Information
  • Intent: The purpose of this submission is to provide the Confederacy of Independent Systems with a Droid Starfighter whose quality, role, and size mimics that of the faction's ancient, canon incarnation.
  • Development Thread: N/A
Production Information
  • Manufacturer: Arakyd Industries
  • Model: CS/TX-00 Droid Starfighter
  • Affiliation: Private Market
  • Modularity: Yes (Armament)
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel, Agrinium
  • Build: "Swarm Starfighter" (1/2 Standard Starfighter)
Technical Specifications
  • Classification: Droid Starfighter
  • Role: Space/Air Superiority
  • Height: 1.2 meters
  • Width: 1.7 meters
  • Length: 3.5 meters
  • Power Core Generator/Reactor: Proton Fuel Cell
  • Hyperdrive Rating: 0
  • Minimum Crew: 0
  • Optimal Crew: 0
  • Passenger Capacity: 0
  • Cargo Capacity: 0
  • Consumables: 40 minutes of fuel
  • Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 2
Non-Combative Attachments
  • Standard Communications Programming
  • Standard Navigational Programming
  • Standard Targeting Programming
  • Standard Sensory Suite
  • Integrated Droid Brain
  • Chaff Projector
Armament
  • Concussion Missile Launcher (1; 2 Warheads) [or]
  • Discord Missile Launcher (1; 2 Warheads) [or^]
  • Laser Cannons (2)
Description

Holding true to the original Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Swarm-class Droid Starfighter is an inexpensive, small vehicle whose purpose revolves around "swarm" warfare. In the modern era, the vast majority of Galactic naval forces revolve around the construction of top of the line starfighters, which require the dedication of exceptional resources in comparison to the Swarm-class. As a whole, the quality and armament of the vessel pale in comparison to the conventional starfighter seen within the various government's naval forces. However, it's strength lies in its size, and the aforementioned role of "swarm" warfare. Due to how inexpensive the cost of producing a Swarm-class is in comparison to a conventional fighter, the Confederacy of Independent Systems is capable of producing hordes of this vessel and employing them in great numbers on the field of battle. This tactic, as history has demonstrated, can effectively rival the typically-deployed conventional fighters of the Galaxy's various naval forces.

In particular, the Swarm-class Droid Starfighter lacks shields and carries an armament that is literally half of the Galactic standard. However, while lacking conventional protective measures, the Swarm-class features a rather durable, durasteel hull. In addition, the Druckenwell Engineers saw fit to incorporate an agrinium mesh about the integrated droid brain, as to afford the Swarm-class some degree of protection against electromagnetic, electo-proton, or ion weaponry. In terms of overall capabilities, the Swarm-class epitomizes the strengths of a Droid Starfighter in general. To begin, it can perform maneuvers that would easily kill an organic pilot. Furthermore, due to its processing power, it is capable of responding much quicker than an organic pilot. However, as is the case with all Droid Starfighters, the Swarm-class is incapable of the deceptive, on-the-fly stratagem that comes with organic sentience and experience.

All in all, the Swarm-class Droid Starfighter epitomizes the spirit of the ancient Confederacy of Independent Systems and is poised to shift the naval tactics employed by its current incarnation in an entirely different direction.

Author's Note

As per discussions on Skype (@[member="Ayden Cater"]), this vessel is apart of the "Swarm Fighter" designation, denoting a purposeful, subpar armament and size. Through this, a ship carrying only swarm fighters would be given a 50% increase of the listed ship value; i.e. for every 100 ships on the standard guide, said ship would be able to carry 150 swarm fighters.

Image Source: Hazzard65

Two major things about this stand out to me.
  • Agrinium does not protect against the types of attacks you listed but rather radiation.
  • This also seems to be exactly like the Interceptor version you posted with the one exception of being able to choose the missile type and minor variances in the size.
How is this different and why is this listed as a fighter instead of an interceptor with it's speed of 1?
@[member="Darth Metus"]

@[member="Domino"] - I'm following the logic of a Faraday cage through the incorporation of a conductive alloy as a mesh about the droid brain. Agrinium was selected as the alloy of choice due to it's canon description. As per rulings made by @[member="Jacen Cavill"] during his time as an administrator, I have been incorporating an Agrinium mesh on all of my droid submissions for months now for this effect.

Furthermore, as detailed in the author's note section, this submission is 1/2 of the standard starfighter and the Hive is 1/2 of the interceptor build. The armaments simply came out that way when I divided them in half, and I decided that the starfighter's role would be more of a middle ground between dogfighting and ship engagements whereas the interceptor would be purely anti-starfighter.

What is the standard sublight speed for the standard starfighter build? I'll make that adjustment.

Standard speed for a fighter is 2.
I'm still not sure why you'd have that cage, the brain might be protected but Ion and other effects will still shut down all your other systems.
This needs consumables otherwise it will have no fuel.
Please specify if it has a hyperdive or not.
@[member="Darth Metus"]

I made certain to specify that the agrinium mesh only grants "some protection" against such attacks, not immunity by any stretch. It's protection at is absolutely, most basic level. Sublight has been edited, and, as reflected in its absence from the Non-Combative Armaments, this submission, in addition to the inteceptor and the incoming bomber, lack shielding and hyperdrive units.

This is unapproved. Ayden is Grumpy Goat on Skype.
[9:17:18 PM] Grumpy Goat 2: A full twice as many, no.
[9:17:22 PM] Grumpy Goat 2: He gets 50% more.
[9:17:34 PM] Grumpy Goat 2: That's what we discussed in here.
[9:17:37 PM] Grumpy Goat 2: That's what I told him.
[9:18:49 PM] aterfeles: he is saying one half and @[member="Ayden"] in these so i thought you'd already seen them

This means that for every 100 a ship would normally carry you get 150.
@[member="Darth Metus"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom