CS/TX-00 Droid Starfighter - "Swarm-class Droid Starfighter"
Out of Character Information
- Intent: The purpose of this submission is to provide the Confederacy of Independent Systems with a Droid Starfighter whose quality, role, and size mimics that of the faction's ancient, canon incarnation.
- Development Thread: N/A
- Manufacturer: Arakyd Industries
- Model: CS/TX-00 Droid Starfighter
- Affiliation: Private Market
- Modularity: Yes (Armament)
- Production: Mass-Produced
- Material: Durasteel, Agrinium
- Build: "Swarm Starfighter" (1/2 Standard Starfighter)
- Classification: Droid Starfighter
- Role: Space/Air Superiority
- Height: 1.2 meters
- Width: 1.7 meters
- Length: 3.5 meters
- Power Core Generator/Reactor: Proton Fuel Cell
- Hyperdrive Rating: 0
- Minimum Crew: 0
- Optimal Crew: 0
- Passenger Capacity: 0
- Cargo Capacity: 0
- Consumables: 40 minutes of fuel
- Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 2
- Standard Communications Programming
- Standard Navigational Programming
- Standard Targeting Programming
- Standard Sensory Suite
- Integrated Droid Brain
- Chaff Projector
- Concussion Missile Launcher (1; 2 Warheads) [or]
- Discord Missile Launcher (1; 2 Warheads) [or^]
- Laser Cannons (2)
Holding true to the original Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Swarm-class Droid Starfighter is an inexpensive, small vehicle whose purpose revolves around "swarm" warfare. In the modern era, the vast majority of Galactic naval forces revolve around the construction of top of the line starfighters, which require the dedication of exceptional resources in comparison to the Swarm-class. As a whole, the quality and armament of the vessel pale in comparison to the conventional starfighter seen within the various government's naval forces. However, it's strength lies in its size, and the aforementioned role of "swarm" warfare. Due to how inexpensive the cost of producing a Swarm-class is in comparison to a conventional fighter, the Confederacy of Independent Systems is capable of producing hordes of this vessel and employing them in great numbers on the field of battle. This tactic, as history has demonstrated, can effectively rival the typically-deployed conventional fighters of the Galaxy's various naval forces.
In particular, the Swarm-class Droid Starfighter lacks shields and carries an armament that is literally half of the Galactic standard. However, while lacking conventional protective measures, the Swarm-class features a rather durable, durasteel hull. In addition, the Druckenwell Engineers saw fit to incorporate an agrinium mesh about the integrated droid brain, as to afford the Swarm-class some degree of protection against electromagnetic, electo-proton, or ion weaponry. In terms of overall capabilities, the Swarm-class epitomizes the strengths of a Droid Starfighter in general. To begin, it can perform maneuvers that would easily kill an organic pilot. Furthermore, due to its processing power, it is capable of responding much quicker than an organic pilot. However, as is the case with all Droid Starfighters, the Swarm-class is incapable of the deceptive, on-the-fly stratagem that comes with organic sentience and experience.
All in all, the Swarm-class Droid Starfighter epitomizes the spirit of the ancient Confederacy of Independent Systems and is poised to shift the naval tactics employed by its current incarnation in an entirely different direction.
As per discussions on Skype (@[member="Ayden Cater"]), this vessel is apart of the "Swarm Fighter" designation, denoting a purposeful, subpar armament and size. Through this, a ship carrying only swarm fighters would be given a 50% increase of the listed ship value; i.e. for every 100 ships on the standard guide, said ship would be able to carry 150 swarm fighters.
Image Source: Hazzard65