Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Critique my writing/characters

I figured i'd do a new thread here, since the last one was more focused on Gherron. I have a bunch of characters now, and have had the pleasure of roleplaying with a lot of great writers here. I'll go ahead and list some of my recently active characters here, though you can always check my profile to find the others. And of course, critique me! The writer behind all of my amazing (lol, right) characters.

Gherron Vael
[member="Xardus Folidaar"]
[member="Daniel Imura"]
[member="Scorch"]
[member="Shawn Michaels"]
[member="Balkar Din"]
[member="Scarlet Faith"]
[member="Luke Beleren"]

Scarlet faith is alot of fun and if possible we should get a RP with her meeting Glyph or Solan, vigilante style chars themselves. First person Yusan met and he had a ton of fun in the few RP threads we did.

Luke i want to see more of before i make a decision on him... hint hint faction thread hint hint.

Xardus... seems cool. Again only had one thread with him so not to big.

And Gherron. HE is quite well one of a very few who i have the wanting to continue to RP with time after time in a character story that is Alexandra's. Only outclassed by Balaya and Vulpesen... so... hes cool.

Over all i find your chars enjoyable and fun as well as well written.

[member="Solan Charr"] Thanks! I've heard a lot about people liking Scarlet; I may have to get her back up and running. I do wanna get Luke and his sister (also one of my characters) back into the thick of things as well. Though Xardus was my first character here, Gherron quickly took center stage when I created him. Always been my favorite.

[member="Darth Vornskr"] Hey, i'm not the insane Darth who likes killing people; that's a plus at least :p

Darth Vornskr said:
*Stares menacingly at your signature.*
Bruh, if you want sig that awesome, all you gotta do is ask. Netherworld could fix you up within a reasonable amount of time or I could knock one out in half an hour (though it wouldn't have an as impressive gif level to it).
:cool:

All joking aside: Garage (that's your new nickname because it is slightly close to Gherron), I like your characters. They're generally interesting, well-written, and I don't think I've ever seen you go OP or powergame/God-mode things. It's nice. Furthermore you're pretty darn chill OOC as well.
It's nice.

[member="Gherron Vael"],

Very good writer. Enjoy all the RP's that I do with you. and I will agree with [member="Drapeam Nyx"], by saying that I have never really seen you go OP or God mode. In fact, most of your characters I would say are underpowered to the point of where they are simplistic and easy to use. However, you bring an aspect to the game of writing so well that you can go above and beyond those who used giant powers.

Only thing I would like to complain/nag at you, is to write more. Instead of only one paragraph, try to always write like two or three. One with the amount of detail you put into your writing does not do you as a writer and a person justice. WRITE MORE!

[member="Drapeam Nyx"] I do try not to go over the edge for the most part. It's no fun. And to be honest, I owe a lot to [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] for my general attitude. Back when I first joined, I was pretty impatient, and I'd nag others if they didn't reply to RP's in like, a day. He taught me OOC to be a bit more patient, and as a result I gave Gherron that same trait IC so that he could learn as well.

[member="Xander Carrick"], thank you, I do enjoy writing with you as well. Like I said to Nyx, I do often try not to make my characters OP, and in the long run maybe i'm a little too good at it lol. I couldn't even find myself playing Xardus much after getting the Magnus armor from Dark Harvest. It's just not in me. I do remember you saying once how I could possibly rival masters, even back when Xardus was a pretty fresh knight. Maybe it's true. *shrugs* And i'll try to write more, promise. It's just that often I don't have the time, and I wind up writing more of a quick summary for posts. But i'll go ahead and start working on writing bigger posts.

Something tells me you got that trait off me, I don't play my characters to the power they could be either. DragonsFlame is a lot more powerful then I've shown him to be so far, but I find it unfair to powergame it. I'm proud to see you share that sentiment.

As for your writing... I enjoy what you do, and feel like we could write more plots now that I've started to get back into the swing of things. As said, you could add a lot more description to your writing, but you're selfless and have improved vastly since you first joined. You RP for fun, unlike many who RP for glory or to "win" something. You're not ashamed to take a loss when necessary. You're a lot better then many writers here and I enjoy our RPs.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] Thanks man :) It's been a pleasure to RP with you in the times that we have. Maybe I did pick that trait off of you; either way I think it's a good one. I hate powergaming, it's like entering all the cheats in a video game. Can't see why some find it so fun to do. Anyway, yeah, maybe we could do some more threads. However, at the moment i'm restricting the amount of extra threads I have unless they take place before the event.

Yes, much better.

[member="Gherron Vael"]

This is what it was like before.

Sig%20Wonky_zps9zsumtqs.jpg

[member="Gherron Vael"]

No, no I get it. Fancy Sith Lord comes along and you bow down, measly kaleesh sheepishly raises hand, and you slap him to the floor. No problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom