Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crimson Tide (Sith vs. Republic Invasion of Manaan)

Up on one of the top floors of one of the city's northern spires stood a lone figure in Mandalorian armor, a rifle trained on the city below. He wore matte black armor and a dark red flightsuit underneath. The armor was old style beskar, but the undersuit was simple armorweave. The rifle was worn, but in excellent condition and all of the man's gear showed the same wear and dedication as the rifle.

Crack

Betna felt the recoil from the rifle shot and saw the Sith officer pitch over, a bullet through his chest. He picked up the rifle and shifted down a floor and over a few windows to avoid someone triangulating the shot back to that exact position. He'd also put motion sensors down below a few floors and one in the stair well above. Ret'lini. Just in case.

Taking up the new position, he took careful aim and scanned the streets. From what he could tell by all the activity below, a major Sith push was coming this way. Arrbi was glad he brought extra ammo. He'd need it.

EN ROUTE TO THE REPUBLIC EMBASSY
| @Valentina Clairemont | @Darren Shaw | @[member="Hion the Herglic"] |

Elani watched as Lord Orcus engaged the approaching opponent with a massive force bellow that would turn someone into pudding. Considering he somehow survived it without even a scratch, Elani pointed him out to the thousands of Blackblade troopers in the area who then began firing upon his position. With the republic troopers int he area gone, the bulk of the Blackblade forces were able to focus their attention on him.

As he sent the force towards Elani, a trooper in her elite anti-FU personal guard stood before her and took the blast, sending him flying. Meanwhile, the other anti-FU Blackblade guard stood at the ready to aid Hion against his opponent. Elani helped Valentina back to her feet and pulled her along, away from Hion and the man with half of the Blackblade forces while the other half engaged Darren. Elani pushed up the street with a few thousand Blackblade forces with Valentina at her side. Meanwhile, the bombers of Elani's ships were prepped and ready for take off. Soon, massive air strikes would take place over the city.

Lan Raegin

L
Headed towards the AA Guns
@[member="H4V0K"] @[member="Revan Altor"] @[member="Doc"] @[member="Steph Zenima"] @ARC-052 "Dish" @[member="Brenna Kardur"] @[member="Halik Falkosi"]
As his team began to arrive Lan simply looked around at the Chaos already reigning within the city. The Selonian couldn't help but be unhappy. He didn't like war. Sure he was part of Havoc squad and he enjoyed the odd fight now and then, but war was something completely different. There was death and slaughter like no other. As Altor walked up to him asking for orders Lan looked at the man with a deep sadness in his eyes.

“We Fight.” Lan said in answer as @[member="Steph Zenima"] arrived in a taxi cab. She fell out of the speeder and onto her face. Lan looked at the girl, and thrn shook his head.

The Otter's fuzzy little feet began to move as his armor started to be slapped onto the bodysuit he wore to cover his fur. They would go to the AA guns, re-take them and shoot down the Sith Ships. Then they would clear away the mess of Sith within the City. It would be a hard fight, but one worth doing. “Get to the AA guns. Were taking back the city.”

(@[member="Hion the Herglic"] Only using it once for the inital attack, And edited my last post to show that I used rubble to trip him up with your post. It matched, and if you do not agree I can find something else to trip him up with.)

IC:
I rushed forwards the next few feet with the force. Intending to use my saber against the Orca. I came down with my saber in a long sweep from over head, when his mouth opened at the last second. There was no way that I could defend against an attack like that, in such close proximity. One second I was about to have him on the floor in two pieces, the next I was thrown through the hole that I had mad to crash into a ship that did not belong to me. I could feel the pressure and the force at witch I was thrown. In that instant I was thrown fast enough that there was no real damage done to my internals as the massive amount of Mhz could rip apart my organs.

Standing up from the slight laying down position in the back of the ship, that was now open with a hole the size of my six foot nine height. Groaning as I stood, I rolled my head around on top of my shoulders letting them pop. Walking out from the hole that I had made I nodded my head. Apparently this guy was not wanting me to get close. And fighting in close quarters was my forte. But for this I would just have to improvise.

The bomber sized ship was dent and broken, in no way of repair I thought I could use it as a weapon but for later use. If I was to try and stand toe to toe with the being that stood taller and larger than I could ever be. he would blast me back with another bellow of his. and his comrades would come after me as well. As I walked forwards I finally could feel the pain in my left arm. Noticing that it was limp, I realized that I had dislocated it during my body being thrown. Making a fist with my left hand And setting my elbow to a 90 degree angle, I yelled on the top of my lungs as I yanked to my right. Setting my socket in the right places.

It was full of pain. and i could see little flurries in my vision as though I were to pass out. I forced myself to push through and ignore the pain, and used the force to sooth myself. Thinking calmly. Since I had already made my move of letting the others follow me or to continue on, I would get them. And as if on cue blaster fire rang out around me. Troops that must have been with one of them. began to fire on me. I smiled as my saber came up and blocked the blaster fire as though it were second nature.

Throwing a few into the walls with the force, smashing them and making more holes. A few I lit up with lightning and the last two in the room I two down with a saber throw followed by a dash to pierce through the neck and kill whoever was behind the Helm. Walking back through the hole that I had first made, I smiled. "You had to become a sith, and you were the one trying to convince me once that I should revert to the Jedi Orca." Lashing out my left hand once more, I tried to grab at his mouth and keep it shut. and by throwing my saber with the force towards the woman who seemed to be commanding the troops, It would return only to me.

@[member="Hion the Herglic"], @[member="Elani Zambrano"].

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
@[member="Marcus Faust"]

Flint gritted his teeth as their duel continued. His opponent's attacks were getting faster, more unpredictable, and to sum that all up, deadly. There weren't much options available to Flint at the moment, his best option possible being just running away. That wasn't going to happen. The next option would be to hold out as long as he could, 'delay the inevitable' it could be called, and just hope that the Force had something besides death destined for Flint that day.

"Your anger blinds you, Sith..." Flint muttered as their lightsabers clashed again and again. He moved as fast as he could to parry away the incoming attacks just on time. He kept himself in a defensive form, however. He was conserving his energy, moving his lightsaber as least as he could. From what it appeared, stamina would play a key role in Flint's survival.

EA-9 001

E
Running up in my standard armor, and weapons, I could see that the fur covered one who happen to be putting on armor, was kind of incharge of the group that was forming on the pier. In my mind Emily began to talk. "Come on Dar, go and help them. Maybe then you can get your big chance." I was about to talk back to her in my mind when the other voice came forward. "They won't let him. Hes nothing but a simple soldier, you really think that he can join them?" Shaking my head I let the voices argue in the background. Walking up to them, I spoke. "Sir, I am just here and ready for battle. If you don't mind I would like to join you."

I gave him the salute as well, calling him my superior as he was in all rights. Though now with my rifle pointed down. I wanted to help in anyway that I could.
@[member="Lan Raegin"]

((OOC: @[member="Darren Shaw"] you are being fired at with thousands of blasters. You aren't blocking all of them so easily. Plus, everyone is OUTSIDE. THere is no ship or anything. Just the street and the buildings surrounding. ))
EN ROUTE TO THE REPUBLIC EMBASSY

Elani was able to dart around a corner with Valentina and dodge Darren's thrown saber. With a few hundred Blackblades, including the Blackblade Shadowtroopers and their now activated crimson lightsabers, left behind to aid Hion against Darren, all now firing from heavy cover, Darren would soon be bust in the wind. "C'mon, girl. We gotta embassy to destroy." Elani called out to Valentina, quickly ducking and dodging through the city's alleys. The thousand other Blackblade troopers charged through the streets, also heading for the embassy.

Soon, the bombers were unleashed from Elani's ships and flew straight for the city. "Bomber squads, begin your air strikes on high priority targets." Elani relayed to the bombers up above. High priority targets included sniper nests such as tall buildings and roofs, the downed AA sites, and large concentration of Republic forces. The bombers started their strafing runs on large concentrations of the Republic troops in order to weaken their numbers for the Blackblades to cut through.

@[member="Hion the Herglic"] | @[member="Darren Shaw"] | @[member="Valentina Clairemont"]

@[member="MSE-007"]

Ahto City outskirts, heading to the interior

"And that they are worms shall be revealed to them today. The fish are unworthy of being processed. Keep the sky clean. I shall get the attention of the meatbags," Moira transmitted electronically as she finished arming herself with the small arsenal of weapons that should aid her in his noble venture of bringing purity to Manaan.

Personally she had once thought that Manaan would make a good resort planet...after the fish people had been removed. But now there was something more interesting. Duffel bag slung over her shoulder, armed to the teeth, she moved out of the bunker, closing the hatch, and then through the door. Surreptitiously she moved through the alleyway towards the interior of the city, sticking to less well travelled areas. In the distance she could hear the sound of blaster fire, explosions, panicked screams, the shadows of dropships could be made out.

@[member="Flint Dexen"]

Marcus chuckled darkly as the boy warned him of his anger, typical Jedi. Shoving forward, Marcus attempted to shove Dexen back. If the attack worked, he'd jump onto higher ground, then strike again at Flint from above, bringing the saber down for a powerful strike at the Jedi's head. Marcus was strong, but he was an assassin, not a bezerker, he had to play things to his advantage, manipulate his environment, or else the tide in the fight could very well change. "Funny..." He chuckled, taking a breath to launch another strike at Flint's gut, "I always felt I saw more clearly when I was angry."

| @[member="Hion the Herglic"] | @[member="Elani Zambrano"] | @[member="Darren Shaw"] |​

Objective: On the way to the republic embassy

"Right behind you Elani."

Valentina said following Elani around the corner as Darren saber whirled by. The two ladies went forward, leaving the blackblades to assist Hion with Darren while they continued to the embassy, she heard the howl of bombers over head as they made they straffing and bombing runs. It wouldn't be long until they both made it to the embassy.

Darth Osano

D
CARVING A SWATH THROUGH THE CITY
DESTINATION: CITY CENTER

It was a thing of beauty, the advance of the 18th Regiment of Droid. Boldly their AT-TTs marched forward, forever undaunted by any obstacles in their path. Of course Republic soldiers attempted to harry the advance of the heavily armored walkers, but it was all for naught. They lacked the firepower to properly tackle the behemoths. With Ahto's numerous Anti-Aircraft emplacements disabled and now firing upon Republic ships, Imperial air superiority had been achieved.

TD-18's flagship AT-TT, Polonius, stood at forefront of the 18th Regiment's advance. Before it laid yet another blockade erected by the Republic in a bid to stop his advance. These soldiers were getting increasingly desperate without a real commander at the helm. A pity they would never know the calm, calculated assurance of TD-18's authority. Heavy turrets stationed on the blockade opened fire and several rockets were spat out as well. It didn't matter. It never mattered. It was all very insufficient to deal with Polonius, but then again, the Republic scarcely had time to erect a proper defense.

Rockets smacked into the reinforced legs of the AT-TT, but the damage was light. The turrets left scorch-marks along Polonius' armor, merely scratching the finish. Now it was TD-18's turn. Polonius' forward mounted, quad-heavy laser cannons returned fire, hosing down the enemy encampment. The barricades were blasted apart, sending those who weren't killed or incinerated outright scurrying. Several of the turrets the encampment had were destroyed. The few that remained intact were subsequently abandoned by their thoroughly demoralized operators. The remaining soldiers attempted to flee, but it would do them little good. Polonius' anti-personnel cannons tore them to shreds with their backs turned. There were stragglers, naturally. TD-18's machine was hardly perfect, despite his personal assertions to the contrary. But they weren't worth expending ammo on.

Polonius trampled the remains of the barricade underfoot as it continued forward, intent in its mission.

Vulps

CEO of Verres Trading
After his quick attack, Zarro quickly returned to his exit, walking towards the republic embassy. He had work to attend to, and as he reached the building, he quickly flung open the doors, fixing the diplomats with calculating eyes. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I suggest that you work on arming the embassy and evacuating the citizens of this fair city to another location. The sith have attacked and I believe that the Republic forces are a bit busy on another front. However, we do intend to help and we will. He have several jedi on planet, aiding in the defense against imperial forces. That being said, I suggest all of you go to any sort of safe bunker you have while sending your soldiers to fight the enemy troops." With that bussiness taken care of, Zarro simply watched as the diplomats discreetly removed themselves from the area, using back doors and the like to avoid any unwanted conflicts as they took to safety, allowing their technicians and military personnel call for citizen evacuations.

@H4V0K @Revan Altor@Steph Zenima @ARC-052 "Dish" @Brenna Kardur @Halik Falkosi @[member="Lan Raegin"]

Doc wasted no time in getting ready, and pulled the carbine up to his cheek, popping a few Sith infantry that came around a corner. He turned to Lan, and then smiled beneath his helmet."Aye aye, Captain. Let's go bring some Havoc!"While it was a good sentiment, Doc was no good with speeches and even less good at rallying people, so it came off rather cheesy and too much of someone trying.

He smiled at Steph, patting her on the arm as he began to move."I have something for you if I make it out of here."Doc said, pivoting on his heel and dropping another Sith infantrymen that were beginning to pull into the streets. He turned towards her, giving her a thumbs up, and then looked to the rest of his squad, the only brothers he could ever know.

(Anyone fighting my new security measures, AA, Auto, etc. @[member="Dareck Shaw"] @[member="Lan Raegin"] @Doc)
"Heavies deployed."

The slight crackle came through Dris's com and brought a thin smile to his lips. Despite his lack of approval for such needless destruction Dris couldn't help but feel proud when he'd properly executed a task. With the hack now complete the automated AA canons could now be turned to target Republic Ships with tags. Dris silently typed the few necessary commands and watched from the screens as missile pods launched at most of the Republic Fighters in their AO.

If only he had music to go along with such a moment. He never felt bad about the deaths of non drafted military personnel. They knew what they signed on for. Or should have.

A screen caught his attention. A group of Republic Soldiers wearing unorthodox uniforms was moving tactically toward his heavy locked down lair, formerly Ahto Security Offices.

He snatched a security uniform from a rack in the room and slowly began to put it on. These soldiers were about to be very surprised after they made it through his automatic defenses.

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
@[member="Marcus Faust"]

Something about the Sith's chuckle was unsettling. Flint blinked slightly in suprise as he was shoved slightly backwards when Faust lunged forward. The Jedi knew all too well what came next, and narrowly avoided having his head sliced off the second time by twisting and turning quickly to his left to avoid his opponent's downward strike. The Sith's missed powerful attack however created a deep gash on the floor after it missed Flint's head.

"Really..? You don't see that you are a mere pawn of the Empire?" Flint inquired as he repositioned to block the upcoming strike towards his gut. He knew that it wouldn't be easy to defeat this Sith, but he was otherwise determined to take back that lightsaber, for his fellow Jedi Vulpesen.

THE CITY CENTER

Selena Halcyon walked around the command center watching holographic displays. Barricades fell. She nodded. This was not a bad thing. The hastily put up defenses gave up a fantastic front. The front of desperation. It was something that could deceive even the best of commanders. Many soldiers sacrificed themselves for this ruse but sometimes sacrifice was necessary. It pained Selena to make those orders but in the case of war sometimes things like this was demanded.

As the column moved forward they finally crossed the barricade which the trap laid behind. Suddenly two Titan war droids lunged out from behind buildings. They immediately surged under the AT-TTs and fired into their underbellies with their arsenal of weapons. Behind them Liberty tanks also came around firing their beam cannons right into any and all enemy armor near by. With them ground forces surged forces. The might of the Republic military was pushing at the Imperial column now. The quick advance of the imperials would run into a stand still now with the counter attack of the Republic forces.

"Keep me posted on our defense. I am moving to join them at the front."

With that Selena left the command center and moved to the lines. From there she would lead.

Dave Appolon

D
@[member="H4V0K"] @[member="Revan Altor"]@[member="Steph Zenima"] @ARC-052 "Dish" @[member="Brenna Kardur"] @[member="Halik Falkosi"] @[member="Lan Raegin"]

Walking with the rest of Havoc Squad, Dave kept his eyes up and scouted the area for enemies. Every second, his head turned back and forth. His eyes were wide open. He kept his grip on his rifle tight and his jaws clenched. Every time a loud boom roared out - due to an explosion or not - Dave pulled up his rifle and prepared for battle.

But every time, nothing happened. So, Dave lowered his weapon.

And waited.

Anxiously.

Nervously.

While also avoiding eye contact with everyone in Havoc Squad while he did not talk to them.

Betna held off on potshots for now. He could fire off a few rounds and get a few kills early on or he could wait until a major push came through and pin the whole attack down with a well placed shot or two. He'd opt for the latter.

He panned the scope back and forth through the city, spotting firefights here and and 'saber jockey duels there. He spotted the armored push through the center and spotted rally points in various areas for what he presumed were staging points on the Sith offensive. The Mandalorian thought for a moment then keyed the Republic's command headquarters. He'd given them his comm encryption when they'd hired him on, so they should answer quickly enough.

"Hey, Republic Command," he said calmly. Betna knew comm discipline like everyone else, but comm chatter in Mando'a was still pretty informal by Galactic Basic standards. "You guys got some armor coming up the center and I'm spotting some clusters of enemy troops sitting here and there. If you got some artillery, I can call in shots for you."

@[member="Selena Halcyon"]

TK-5914 Shank

T
EN ROUTE TO CITY CENTRE

@[member="TD-18"] @[member="Selena Halcyon"] @[member="Arrbi Betna"]

There was no way for the squad of Imperial Storm Commandos to spot the Mandalorian sniper on overwatch as they drew closer to the front and the droid regiment. Frankly, though, the whole area was about to be overrun with Imperial and Republic forces, and one squad of black-armored stormtroopers-

Eh, who were they kidding? Everyone noticed black-armored stormtroopers. That was sort of the point of being a Storm Commando.

Disruptor pistol in hand, Sergeant Shank led his men through the open-air covered walkways that characterized the upper levels of Ahto City. Their goal was to join combat at the front.

STREETS OF AHTO CITY

Elani was nearing her target as the fighting ensued. A commlink ring came to her as she ducked in an alleyway, safe from sight. "Lady Elani. The Republic now have tanks. I don't know where they came from but they have them. Also, two large war droids are attacking the AT-TTs. Should we engage?" a bomber said to her. The 25 Galaxy-class bombers in the skies stood on standby until the order was given. "Destroy the tanks. I want them turned into rubble. We cannot afford to lose the AT-TTs. Once the droids can be hit effectively, do it." Elani commanded. The bombers moved into formation, splitting up into 5 groups of 5, and began their strafing runs on the tanks locations, ensuring they didn't get too close to the ground forces in precaution to any anti-aircraft troopers they have.. The bombers did not waste all of their payload on the tanks, just what was needed to destroy them.

Another message was relayed to Elani's commlink. "Lady Elani. This is Commander Jay. We've got a sniper taking shots at our trooper from a large building. I've calculated his position and have relayed the coordinates to the gunship pilots." he informed. Elani groaned lightly to herself. The republic defenses were becoming quite an annoyance to her, but she did not let it get to her. "If he is really becoming that much of a nuisance, I want the building turned into a parking lot. Now!" she yelled out into her commlink.

Once the order was given, 2 dozen gunships poured from Elani's ships in the sky and flew straight for the building the sniper was reported being in. Their weaponry would surely tear the building apart once they were in range. "Come with me, Valentina." Elani said to her, pulling her into a tall building on the west side of the city. She ran up the stairwell up until she reached a high level of the building where she'd be able to see most, if not all, the city. "Message to all Sith personnel. I am within the large building on the west side of the city. I shall activate my IFF in order to let you all know to not attack this one until the order is given. Over and out." she messaged to all Sith personnel in the city and the system. Meanwhile, the blackblades continued moving forward, only stopping for breathers within buildings or alleyways, hidden from sight.

@[member="Arrbi Betna"] | @[member="Selena Halcyon"] | @[member="TD-18"] | @[member="Valentina Clairemont"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom