Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Crash Landing

As the pod opened – and she was very glad the door still worked – Seva held onto Alicio's arm for balance (and maybe some emotional support, too). Salty, misty air met them and made her skin sting where there were small cuts or abrasions she hadn't noticed until just then. If not for their current situation, the beach landscape might have been nice. Still, she had a feeling that this was not the vacation that Alicio had had in mind.

"We did," Seva said, almost just to confirm it aloud for herself.

Her gaze shifted over her shoulder to the smoking pod. From outside, it was evident just how bad the crash was – it was much worse from this angle. Seva cringed slightly and turned away.

Seva took a moment to take in their surroundings. There was thick tropical foliage that lined the beach, and rocky cliffs above. A quick glance towards the darkening sky made her want to run for cover. "We ought to look for somewhere to stay," Seva said, her voice a bit distant, like she was thinking of booking a luxury hotel suite. But really, it was all she could do to keep it together.

"At least," she said, sighing. "For tonight."

It was her hope that help would arrive by morning, but that possibility felt… far away.

Alicio and Seva stepped out into the new world they had fallen into, and took stock of the area. The noblewoman's confirmation that yes, they were still alive, was enough to dull the shock enough for him to think. Seva mentioned a goal, something he could focus on.

"You're right," the Alderaanian said, thankful to have an objective before him. He gathered what resolve he had left, and tested a smile. "Survive now, despair later."

Alicio's grey eyes were drawn towards the high ground of the rocky hills. "Maybe there's somewhere safe up on the cliffs." His grey eyes continued up, until he was staring at the clouds above. "Preferably somewhere with a ceiling."

He began to walk in that direction, leaning heavily on his cane, hoping that Seva would follow. Over his shoulder, he shot the woman a grateful glance. "You saved us in that crash. Without that... barrier, we'd be paste. Thank you."

- Seva Geroux Seva Geroux -

"Indeed," she said, turning her own eyes up towards the rocky cliffs. She swallowed hard, mentally preparing for the journey ahead of them. Yes, a ceiling would be required. With the emergency case clutched tightly in her hand, she followed Alicio. Though, at a slightly slower speed, given her choice of rather impractical shoes.

Wobbling along the sand and occasional stone, Seva silently cursed herself. And she as taken aback by Alicio's comment. "Oh," she blinked. "Yes, well, you needn't thank me yet." Seva continued to trudge. "Not until we're saved."

For all they knew, this was simply prolonging the worst of it.

What if they died of starvation or some other terribly slow demise? Seva pushed the thoughts from her mind. "Actually, I didn't even think about what I was doing. It just… sort of happened." Seva glanced sidelong as she took longer strides in order to catch up with Alicio. "My training in… that sort of thing has been rather informal."

He'd demonstrated that he had the force, too. So, she supposed there was nothing to feel awkward about. Though, this was one of the first times she'd openly acknowledged her abilities to anyone.

"Yes, well, you needn't thank me yet." Seva continued to trudge. "Not until we're saved."

Alicio didn't answer, turning to face the trail they were blazing, his eyes shading with uncertainty.

Despair later.

Seva's lengthened strides caught up with the Count quickly, who was favoring his right side. His ankle was aching something fierce. Probably not a break, which was a relief, but that realization didn't make walking any easier. In response to her comment, he expelled a puff of air from his nose. "I understand. I haven't had much formal training either. But that doesn't minimize the rescue. So thank you regardless."

The trek up the hill wasn't too difficult. The trickiest part was picking around the large boulders, looking for paths that weren't too steep. So far, nowhere safe, but something drew Alicio's eyes up to a small outcropping. And...

"A cave."

Seva was interested to learn that Alicio seemed to be in a similar position when it came to force use. She offered a demure nod of her head when he expressed gratitude a second time. For the moment, she turned her attention to the trek up the rocky hillside. After all, it seemed they'd have plenty of free time to chat once they were good and settled. The sky was darkening, making their search for shelter all the more urgent.

She stepped carefully, not wanting to lose her footing, and she held to the rocky cliff when needed. Her feet ached something terrible, but she soldiered on. There wasn't any use complaining about it, that'd just be a waste of energy at this point. Mercifully, the path was manageable.

She paused when Alicio spoke, and she followed his eyeline towards an opening in the side of the mountain. "Splendid," she said, a bit out of breath. As she approached the cave's mouth, she craned her neck to see as far as she could inside. It was dark, but it didn't seem to be occupied by anything or anyone. "I suppose this will do for tonight," she said, still holding out hope that help would find them in the morning.

Popping the emergency case open, she decided to take stock. There were bandages and ointments for minor wounds, some syringes of bacta for serious injuries, four ration bars, an empty canteen, and what looked like a bundle of thermal blankets. Seva pulled out the large thermal blanket, singular, but stuffed it back in… they'd settle that later.

"Now that we're here," she started. "Shall we make a fire?" Seva rummaged in the case again, but there were no matches. "How… precisely does one do that without matches?" she asked, looking up at Alicio with a puzzled expression.

Travelling up to the cave's entrance alongside Seva, he peered down it's dark exterior with caution. It seemed dry, at the very least. Which was a good thing, because Alicio was beginning to feel pinpricks of cold water along his skin.

He stepped into the dark orifice, cane tapping sharply against solid stone, squinting against the dark. He stood still, monolithic, his thoughts dwelling inward as Seva counted out supplies. The nobleman's hands gripped his cane harder, as if he were trying to splinter the metal.

Alicio was roused from the moment by Seva asking about fire. He gave her a puzzled expression right back, bobbing his shoulders once. Another moment of thought, then a realization lighting his face.

"Perhaps this will help." Alicio put a hand on the top of his cane, pressing a catch and separating the handle from the body. Holding the now free hilt lightly in his hand, he ignited his lightsaber.

With a deep growl, the blue and black blade activated, shading the cave in dark colors. He glanced at Seva, curious at her reaction.

Last edited:
Seva felt the pit of her stomach drop when Alicio shrugged at her. So, this was how it was going to end, was it? They wouldn't last if they couldn't make fire! They'd freeze or starve. But a flicker of hope came in the form of… a saber?

The Commenori watched intently as Alicio produced a sleek stiletto-like saber. She blinked a few times, eyes moving back and forth from saber to the cane that housed it. "My," she said. "That was unexpected." The interior of the cave was now lit in hues of dark blue, and Seva stood up in order to get a better look at the source. "The design is very clever," she said, offering a nod.

Seva glanced around for any sign of wood. There were some twisted roots that might make for a good fire. "Perhaps, cut these if you'd be so kind?" As for her, Seva bent to pick up any little bits of branches that she could find – and some stones to form a pit of sorts to keep their fire contained. That was something she'd seen before. And for a moment, she impressed herself… little did she know she was this outdoorsy.

"Did you make it yourself?" she asked, returning her attention to Alicio. "I should like to make my own someday. Perhaps, once we've started a fire, you can describe the process to me."

"That's the idea," Alicio said timidly, holding the blade up to his face, inspecting the colors like one might gaze into a painting. It was lucky he had decided to bring Introspect along on his vacation. There was something about holding the weapon that gave him focus.

At Seva's direction, Alicio began pruning stray roots from the cavern's walls, holding his lightsaber at various awkward angles as to not damage the stone around them. Before long, Alicio held a bundle of dark brown tendrils in his arms, which he placed in a heap by the fire pit.

In response to Seva's question, Alicio began placing roots into the pit, creating a small cradle to lay the kindling. "I did," he said, thoughts dwelling on the process. "Both the hilt and the crystal within."

He outwardly frowned. Whatever memories had resurfaced, they obviously weren't good ones. Still, he preferred it to thinking about their current situation.

Pondering the pit, Alicio activated his lightsaber once more, and touched it against the firewood. It singed and cut the material, leaving a glowing orange mark. Alicio bent down, and blew on the superheated spot, feeling the warmth of satisfaction as the roots began to smoke, and finally, catch fire.

He sat down heavily next to the pit, and offered the lightsaber to Seva. "Do you want to try it?"

"I see," Seva said, making note. Should she need a tutor later, perhaps Alicio would be willing to assist. Put a pin in that, she thought silently. If they made it back to their normal lives in one piece, that is. She knelt to collect some more little branches and looked up in time to see Alicio's somber expression. It wasn't her way to pry, so she let it be.

As Alicio skillfully started a fire, like he'd done it this way before, Seva added her contributions to the pit. A smile grew on her face as the flames caught. Now they had a little bright spot in the growing darkness. She let out a pleased sigh and brought the metal case of supplies over to serve as a seat. However, before she lowered herself onto it, she was surprised to find Alicio offering the saber for her to try.

"Oh." Seva blinked, and then shrugged. "Well, why not?"

She took hold of the hilt and moved aside to avoid hitting Alicio with his own blade. Seva twirled the saber once, a brief flourish, and then adopted a pose used in fencing. A few quick steps and nimble slashes gave her a good feel for the weapon. Then, she ended with a deep lunge and trust.

"Quite an elegant weapon, if I do say so." Seva said, handing the saber back. "The training sabers I've used at the Silver Jedi temple are… bulky. They aren't quite refined enough for my taste." She settled down on the case and crossed her legs primly.

"I don't have much experience with the – what are they called? – lightsaber forms. Have you ever had to use your weapon? Aside from starting fires?" Seva asked, letting a touch of humor lighten her tone.

Alicio's mouth quirked to the side as he watched Seva wield skillfully Introspect. He leaned back on his hands, dividing his attention between enjoying the show of proficiency, and ensuring their fire didn't snuff itself. Outside, the rain began to fall in earnest, starting out soft and slow, before picking up to a thunderous pace.

Thankfully, no rainwater passed the lip of the cave, so the two castaways were relatively dry in their hole in the ground.

"Thanks," the Count said as he was passed back his weapon, which he laid across his lap. "Um, I don't use it much. Not like an actual Jedi. Just... scattered situations."

"I have trained with a Jedi Master, though. Mostly Form I."
A bit of humor peeked out from his own voice. "But I think you can already use it better than me."

Alicio stared out at the deluge, grey eyes mirroring the grey sky above. "We should probably collect that water. Pass me the canteen?"

He stood, extending his hand to the woman, to take the bottle if she offered it. "So, you're a Silver Jedi?"

Seva nodded. She supposed it was a good thing that Alicio hadn't had to use his weapon in battle. Golly, she couldn't even imagine. His comment about training and compliment made her smile, "I'm fortunate that fencing skills seem to translate somewhat." Seva allowed herself a small chuckle.

Her gaze shifted towards the torrent of rainwater that puddled outside the cave. Though it was far, far from ideal, she was thankful for the 'roof' above her head and the shelter from the storm. "Right you are," Seva said, grabbed the canteen from the case and proffered it.

"Not really," she answered. "There is a temple on Commenor now – I've been a few times, but I wouldn't count myself among the Silver Jedi. Actually –" she paused. "I don't know that I'd call myself a Jedi at all." She smoothed the front of her skirt and sighed. "You see, my parents don't approve. They think the Jedi lifestyle is…unladylike."

Seva didn't turn to look at Alicio, but she did fix him in what she hoped was an inconspicuous sideways glance. As a fellow noble, she was interested to know his opinion on the matter. Because he'd let her try the saber, she doubted his views aligned with that of her parents. But she'd never really talked it through with anyone before. Then again, the hidden nature of his lightsaber made her second-guess… "Is it something you hide as well?"

Alicio took the canteen, and pondered his way over to the lip of the cave, staring stoically out over the landscape. The view from the cave was rather fantastic. Overlooking a few smaller hills, leading down to the rocky beach, and finally, to the vast expanse of slate-grey ocean. He propped the canteen up outside, letting rainwater drip into it, but frowning at how slow the process would be. Hopefully, they would get enough to last the night.

He hoped they wouldn't need more than that.

"Is it something you hide as well?"

"Yes," he said, slowly. "It's perhaps my worst-kept secret, but I do keep it hidden. I haven't even told my cousin, Queen Faith, or my sister Claire." He turned back to Seva, a question hidden behind his eyes.

"I can see how someone might think the Jedi way is unladylike." The nobleman returned to his seat, leaning towards the small fire. "The training, the battles... the robes."

"But I've seen plenty of Jedi who make fine fashion choices, so number three is moot."
He wasn't even a Jedi himself, but he felt some need to defend them nonetheless. "As for the other two... Perhaps there is nothing more befitting a noble than striving for self-improvement, and fighting for what's right."

Seva canted her head to the side as she listened with genuine interest. She was glad to know that she wasn't the only one that felt a need to hide her 'Jedi' side away. In her social circle force sensitivity was taboo. It made a person strange. And, somewhere in the back of her mind, Seva made note of Alicio's bloodline – a noblewoman's habit. It almost felt something like gossip, but such things mattered very little now that they were here in this dark cave, on this deserted island…

"Yes, the robes." Seva wrinkled her nose.

Fashionable Jedi – two words that didn't seem to fit together. However, Seva supposed that Alicio was right… he was proof that such a thing existed.

"Fighting for what's right," Seva echoed.

At that moment her world suddenly felt very small. Seva lived in a bubble. She wanted for nothing; she was privileged. She'd never known anything different. Just what was she supposed to fight for?

"Quite so," she said, her tone lost a bit of the snobbish edge it normally had.

Seva's stomach growled, though she hoped Alicio hadn't heard it over the sound of the rain pounding against the rocks. She moved side to grab a ration bar from the emergency case and then sat down a bit closer to the small fire. "Are you hungry?" she asked, glancing over at Alicio. "And here," she said, holding out a bit of gauze and a bandage – motioning vaguely to the wound on his forehead.

Alicio studied Seva across the dim firelight as she answered him, picking up on her loss of gusto, but not quite understanding why. He held his lightsaber gently in his hands, taking some amount of solace in it's presence, and the song his crystal sang to him.

"Are you hungry?" she asked, glancing over at Alicio. "And here,"

"I'm fine," he said automatically to both offers, holding up a hand to stop her. "Face injuries are often a lot less serious than they look." That much was true; when he was younger, he had split an eyebrow open on a grate. It had looked like bloody murder, but he'd barely felt a thing.

"Besides, if I have to, I can heal it." The Count seemed a bit unsure of his own abilities, but he'd performed the Force power before. It probably wouldn't be too hard. "We should save it. Just in case, you know?"

His mouth twisted in concern. "If you're hungry, you should eat."

Seva's hand paused and withdrew the supplies. "Very well," she said, nodding. She added another mental note to add force healing to the list of skills to learn. Yes, that would be quite useful now. Her eyes dropped to her lap, where the ration bar was now resting along with the clean gauze. But Alicio's concerned tone made her look up.

"Oh, I suppose a small nibble will do." Seva broke the corner off the bar and took dainty bites, pretending it was something nice. There was certainly much to be desired in the way of taste, but it was something. "I'm well used to skipping meals anyway," she added as an afterthought.

Once she was done eating, a deep sigh made her shoulders drop slightly.

The rain outside wasn't letting up, not that it mattered, really. Nighttime was not right for exploration. The shock from the crash was wearing off, leaving Seva to feel the pull of fatigue. Once more, she reached into the case and pulled out the thermal blanket. She lowered herself to the cave floor and draped the blanket over herself, leaving enough space for Alicio if he got cold.

"There's enough blanket to share without it being improper," Seva said, an attempt at a jest. She closed her eyes, but her mind was still trying to organize a list of priorities. Surely someone on Bespin would realize she never arrived. And then her parents would be notified, and they'd act…

Nodding as Seva began to eat, Alicio turned his attention back to the flames. He stared into the small fire, bundling his coat around him a bit tighter, and frowning as his companion mentioned skipping meals. He didn't comment on it yet, as he continued to peer into the flickering light.

There was nothing left to do but wait. Alicio's worst nightmare.

He glanced Seva's way as she began to construct a bed, and the Count couldn't stop the smile. "That looks comfy," he said, chuckling. "No five-star, though."

"I'll stay up for a few hours more,"
the Organa stated, turning himself towards the entrance. "Just in case there happens to be large, hungry beasts on this planet." He grinned.

"On that note, sleep well."

Seva managed a smile at Alicio's quip about their accommodations. No star, in fact. She nodded when he said he'd stay up to keep watch. And Seva was secretly grateful; it was easier to close your eyes when you knew you were safe. "Good night," she said, and closed her eyes.

That night, she slept – though it was fitful.

Though she wanted to bolt awake at every sound, her body and mind were too tired. Had there really been any hungry monsters, they'd probably have had an easy meal. Instead, she found herself eventually drifting…

There was a plush mattress beneath her now and the warmth of a feather-down comforter. Oh, could she smell fresh brewed caf? "Cream and sugar, please." – she may have mumbled in her sleep. Seva drew a peaceful breath. Even though she was dreaming, somehow, she knew that there was a lovely day ahead. Outside her window, the Commenori sky was blue and cloudless. It'd be pleasantly warm. A breezy dress would be laid out for her to wear, complete with complementary accessories. Perhaps those shoes she'd just bought on Alderaan.

Then, her eyes shot open.

Seva sat bolt upright… and found none of those things.

It was all just a dream.

Alicio had spent the night, not sleeping, but pacing.

At first, it had been to keep him awake. But as the minutes wore on, with nothing to do, he began to feel nervousness tangling up his insides. The pacing became a way to help him organize his thoughts. But as minutes turned to hours, and the weight of nothing to do bent his spirit, the pacing became something to do. He'd began counting the times he passed the cave's entrance, feeling some spark of joy whenever he reached a milestone.

At the point that the sun crept over the horizon, and the storm had abated, Alicio could stay in the cave no longer. He stepped out into the glowing morning, where dew kept the star's radiance like golden drops, ignited his lightsaber, and began to train.

It was simple movements, and he was new, but it was something to do.

At least, until Seva jerked awake, and Alicio peeked into the cave.

"Good morning," he said, a bit of tenderness in his face. "Are you alright?"

Last edited:
Seva placed a hand on her chest and blew out a breath. "Yes," she answered, turning to look at Alicio. "As good as can be expected." Her body ached, her head was pounding, but she was still alive. Oh, how she longed for that cup of caf now. She brushed the thermal blanket aside and attempted to make herself presentable. Fixing her blonde locks back into a high ponytail, she felt a little better. Though, she still felt she was not quite fit to be seen.

After all, she was still wearing the same outfit as yesterday.

She rubbed her forehead as she made her way over towards the mouth of the cave. Her eyes took in the clear sky, thankful for a break from the rain. Somehow, just seeing the hints of sun made her feel a touch better. Then, she took in her companion, eyes making a quick appraisal.

He looked… tired, but at the same time, quite at ease.

"Didn't you sleep?" Seva asked, canting her head to the side slightly.

As she awaited his response, her eyes flickered out towards their surroundings once more. Just what would they spend the day doing?

"Good," the nobleman responded, not entirely sure if it was, in fact, good.

Alicio disengaged his lightsaber, waiting for Seva to prepare for the morning. He hooked the weapon at his side, intent on doing some exploring himself today. They would have to stay near the pod, assuredly, but maybe there was some outpost in the area, just out of sight.

Seva exited the cave next to him, and asked him the dreaded question. "I rested," he blurted automatically, before reconsidering, growing a frown. "No, that was a lie, I didn't. I... couldn't."

He began the short trek back to the broken escape pod, as if trying to walk away from the question before it could be elaborated upon. Maybe there was extra supplies they missed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom