Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Crash Landing

aCSzaKA.png

NEW ALDERA
SPACEPORT

Outfit

Seva Geroux strode down the aisle of the transport ship, holding her shopping bags aloft to avoid bumping into any other passengers. Her eyes scanned the rows of seats as she looked for her own -- which was near the window. "Excuse me," she said, "pardon me, please," she added, absently -- and to no one in particular. She opened the overhead compartment for her row and struggled for a moment to fit a rather long garment bag into the compact space. Seva was loathe to wrinkle her newly purchased outfits... but she supposed they'd just have to be sorted out when she arrived at her destination. There were a few small bags which did not fit overhead, so Seva was content to set them neatly on the floor (and two on her lap).

To any onlookers, it might have looked like the young noblewoman had forgotten to pack for her trip.

Indeed she had packed; Seva did not travel light. There was luggage stowed away in the cargo hold, all of her essentials: two outfit choices per day, night things, make up, hair tools, shoes (lots of them), and other accessories. It was supposed to be a short trip to Bespin, but she'd packed for at least a week. She leaned back in her seat, eyes closed as she listened to the din of the transport. Oh, how she disliked public transportation. However, after borrowing her father's ship for the trip from Commenor to Alderaan, the pilot had been called back home. Needless to say, traveling this way was an inconvenience.

"Excuse me --"
Seva called, trying to catch the attention of an attendant. "Could I have a caf, please?"

"Yes, ma'am," the woman nodded. "Cream and sugar?"

"Thank you, yes," Seva said as she dug around in her oversized tote bag for her data pad. "But not too much sugar, if you please -- and if it's not too much trouble, I'd like cream that's non dairy," Seva continued. When she looked up, the attendant was already gone. Seva heaved a sigh and let her attention shift to the side, where there were two empty seats next to her. It was then that she sent up a silent wish that she'd have a pleasant companion for the flight. Oh, please... no one annoying, no crying little children, and please, please, please -- no snoring. She angled many covert glances at the passengers that continued to board, hoping that, perhaps, the seats beside her would remain empty.

One could hope, right?

NEW ALDERA, SPACEPORT
OUTFIT

Anyone else would be ecstatic to be going on a vacation to Lujo. Beautiful scenic forests, enormous peaceful oceans, large stone-constructed cities with a rustic, historic feel and focus on balance with nature. Truly, a paradise for any noble with too much time on their hands.

Well, most nobles with too much time on their hands.

Alicio was sporting a scowl as he stepped onto the transport, dressed in a simple black coat, toting a large duffle slung under a shoulder. His other hand held a chiq black cane, although he kept it raised and close to his chest as he maneuvered through the crowded civilian transport. His grey eyes were hard, and his mouth was drawn into the slightest of frowns.

There wasn't much left to do in Sanctuary City. The refugee haven on Alderaan was slowing down construction. Residents were finding stable income, and crime was low for a city of it's kind. Alicio's passion project was almost finished. It barely needed him anymore, and he didn't know how to feel about that.

So he decided to gain some perspective, at least for a few days. But even going an afternoon without working made him feel anxious. How would he survive half a week?

Alicio found an empty seat, glancing at the sole occupant of the row. "Excuse me, would you mind if I..." A flash of recognition crossed his storm-grey eyes as he saw Seva, and remembered a gala he would rather forget.

"...Hello."

- Seva Geroux Seva Geroux -

Seva had just started scrolling on her datapad when someone began to inquire about the empty seats in her row. She'd had it in her mind to just keep her eyes on the screen and nod, but the man's words drew a curious glance from the young noblewoman. Her dark lashes fluttered as she blinked at him, a familiar face. And recognition registered on her face as well, her expression softening from snobbish to amiable.

"Oh," she said, setting the datapad down on her lap. "Hello indeed. Alicio, if I'm not mistaken?"

She did recall the night they'd met on Coruscant at the gala, memories that she'd like to forget. Well, most of them at least. In fact, she'd declined several invites to public gatherings since – though, she'd never truly acknowledged the reason why. In her mind, she'd simply been too busy to attend.

Seva motioned towards the empty seat next to her. "Please, feel free –" Her brown eyes shifted up towards the overhead compartment. "Though, I'm afraid the compartment is… rather full." A subtle, but guilty shift of the eyes would confirm that indeed she was the one that had filled it.

She'd wait until he was settled before launching into polite conversation. "I trust you've been well since… since the last time met?"

"Seva Geroux," he remembered, after a moment, nodding in response to her remembering his own name. In times of great strife, some memories were burnt into the mind. The most random things, like what shoes you were wearing, or whether the drink table was to your left or right, or the name of a stranger you just met, who helped you evacuate terrified donors from a gala gone horribly awry.

He noticed Seva's guilty glance, and cracked the tiniest of smiles. "No worries. I'll find room." He stretched up, opened the overhead, and frowned. Maybe not. Sitting down, he placed his pack on his lap, not seeming to mind the inconvenience.

"Ah..." Alicio tried to think of a way to answer the question posed by Seva diplomatically. "'Well' is generous. But I'm managing." It was difficult to remain upbeat. The Hope City Gala wasn't the last time he'd seen someone die in front of him, not to mention the litany of issues he had to navigate.

Maybe he did need this vacation after all.

The transport's doors closed with a hiss, and a tinny voice came over the comms, alerting the passengers that the ship would be departing Alderaan shortly.

"I hope things are more well for you. What brought you to Alderaan?"

Seva noted the subtle way the corner of Alicio's mouth turned upwards, a hint of a smile. And she returned the gesture momentarily before pretending to glance at her datapad while he attempted to get his luggage sorted. Though it was a no-go, the young man handled the situation graciously.

She offered a nod when he answered. In a way, she could understand – as much as her own stubborn mind would allow. Admitting anything otherwise was like defeat to Seva. So, when he inquired about her own well-being, Seva gave a practiced, but pretty smile. "As well as ever," she said.

"Well, I am on my way to Bespin, you see," Seva responded. "But I stopped here to do some shopping." The bags by her feet rustled slightly as she crossed her ankles. Some shopping indeed.

Commenori fashion was chic, but Seva found a sore lack of formal wear on her home world. Here, they seemed to know what they were doing. And she guessed it had something to do with the many noblemen and women. Yes, there were nobles on her world, too. But the network seemed… small.

"There's a designer shop here that I like, Contessa." Seva drew in a breath and let it out in a content sigh. "I suppose it may sound silly to come especially new gowns… but it's well worth it." Seva didn't know much about her new traveling companion; their last meeting had not allowed introductions. "I take it you were not here to shop…" She said, her eyes on his luggage.

Their transport was now lifting off into the Alderaan sky – and beyond.

"I take it you were not here to shop…"

"No, I'm here to live," Alicio responded, chuckling a bit, and trying to adjust his seat while maintaining his luggage on top of him. A difficult endeavor, to be sure, but he managed. "Alderaan is my home. I work in a refugee city, and help manage a few others in Alliance space."

"As for shopping, I understand why you would come all this way. Contessa has good products."
He covered his mouth, his sly smile a poorly-kept secret. "My sister Claire runs it, after all." He watched Seva's face, wondering how she would react.

"And may I say, it is a blessing to have someone working in the industry to help assemble an ensemble. She's made my best outfits."

Alicio cocked his head at the woman next to him, studying her with an earnest interest. "What's waiting in Bespin?"

Last edited:
Alicio's answer managed to draw a small chuckle from Seva as well. She nodded; his presence at the gala on Coruscant made sense. She'd been happy to contribute funds to the cause, but the young man next to her was out there doing the good work. It was commendable.

Her eyes widened slightly. "Sister?" Seva repeated. And all the pieces to the puzzle began to fall into place. The way he spoke. His mannerisms. The dashing minimal style of clothing. These were details she hadn't had the chance to truly take in back at the Gala, what with the tragic circumstances. If he'd said his surname then, it'd been lost on Seva.

Alderaan. Contessa. Organa.

"Next time I visit," she began, having composed herself once more. "You must introduce me to Claire." It wasn't quite a request, but more like a certainty. "She's very talented."

Then, the conversation came back around to her travels and her destination: Bespin. The attendant returned with Seva's coffee, which she passed to her with care. Seva briefly nodded her thanks, took a sip of the brew, and turned her eyes out the viewport. What was there to say about Bespin and her reason for visiting?

"A meeting," she concluded, her tone a bit far away. "Something like business, I suppose."

Seva blinked; her focus returned fully to Alicio. "Are you traveling for business, too?"

"You must introduce me to Claire."

"Done," he said easily, grinning back, glad to hear someone appreciate his older sister.

Seva's response to his question was cryptic, to say the least. His questioning expression only strengthened, but she continued quickly, asking about his own reasons for travel. After waving away the attendant asking if he wanted a beverage with a empathetic "No thank you," he turned his eyes back on the woman.

"Actually, no. For the first time in... well, a long time." Alicio laced his hands together, tapping his thumbs thoughtfully. "I'm taking a short trip to Lujo. To relax, if I remember how."

He didn't. The reason he'd chosen Lujo was because of Hope City. If he ever got antsy for work, he could check in with them, and ask if there was something he could help with.

The ship broke from the upper atmosphere of the planet. The tinny voice returned, informing the passengers that they would make the jump to lightspeed momentarily. "What do people even do on vacations?"

Her expression remained genial, but composed – restrained, even. Seva quelled the excitement she felt at the opportunity to meet one of her favorite designers. The Commenori noblewoman was used to bottling up her feelings and keeping them out of sight. After all, emotional displays were frowned upon.

Seva's head canted to the side as she listened to Alicio. "Lujo?" She blinked. "You really ought to have booked something at a resort world."

When he asked about what people do on vacation, Seva chuckled… but then realized it was an actual question and not a jest. The announcement was simply background noise to Seva, which she ignored. However, there was a slight shuddering of the cabin that made her pause. Was that quite… normal? But she convinced herself quickly that it must be – ships simply do things like that. She knew nothing about flying.

"Well," she started. "First and foremost, vacation is for enjoying yourself. Rest, eat fabulous meals, you know – that sort of thing." But Seva got the impression that Alicio would need more help than that. Golly. "Shall I give you some guidelines?" She smiled. "You should not rise before noon – this includes breakfast in bed, of course! Then, enjoy some leisure time… swimming or sitting by the pool – there is a pool where you are going, I hope? An afternoon nap before dinner. Book yourself a few courses at a special restaurant. Treat yourself, really that's all there is to it." Seva arched her brows and waited to see if her instructions had helped.

"You really ought to have booked something at a resort world."

Alicio grinned sheepishly. "Maybe. I was mostly looking for somewhere quiet."

In that moment, Alicio didn't register the shaking transport as it rocketed into hyperspace. Instead, he ran a nervous hand through his hair as Seva laughed at his question, as a way to hide his embarrassment. He didn't do vacations. As was entirely apparent as he listened to his travel companion list off a series of things to do.

Alicio took a moment to process Seva's list of vacation must-haves, and sighed, reclining back into his seat. "That sounds exhausting. For one thing, I can't sleep past five-thirty."

He wasn't joking. He got anxious in the mornings.

"I'm sure I'll find something to enjoy. Even if it isn't pools or restaurants or breakfast in bed." He found himself staring past Seva, out the viewscreen at the blinding streaks of hyperspace blue with a noble, stoic calm. "I haven't had a chance to read in a while. Maybe I should start a novel."

The floor shook again. Alicio smiled. "A bit of a bumpy ride today, huh?"

Somewhere quiet.

Seva's brows arched higher, but soon knitted together. "Heavens," she said. Someone that couldn't sleep past five-thirty? Not even the birds woke that early. For her own part, she could hardly be pushed out of bed before nine. "Well, I suppose everyone has their own notion of fun." Though she would not have thought to read on vacation, she could imagine Alicio doing so.

Her eyes drifted away from him as she took a sip of caf and attempted to settle into her seat. Letting her head tilt back against the headrest, she closed her eyes and drew a breath. For some reason, she couldn't quite put her finger on, she felt on edge.

"Mm?" She glanced sidelong at Alicio as he commented about the flight. And she was just about to agree with him when the whole cabin suddenly rocked. A quiet gasp escaped her as she jolted in her seat, the bags fell from her lap. Before she could even recover enough to comment herself, the bumpy ride turned downright turbulent. The cup of caf fell from Seva's hands and spilled.

"W-what's happening?" She said, her panicked gaze fixed on Alicio. Her voice, however, only joined the chorus of shouts and cries.

Her hands gripped the armrests.

The flow of the force bloomed around Seva. But this presence only served to heighten her awareness of those around her – the fear.

The second before everything began to shake, as Seva was about to speak, Alicio's eyes widened. He looked out the window, seeing the blue streaks of hyperspace suddenly become punctuated by lines of orange.

"Hold on to-" he began to say, as the ship began to tremble violently. Voices from all around them cut him off, shouting in shock and rising fear. Luggage from the overhead compartments began to fall, and Alicio was beaned in the back of the head with a particularly heavy clothing bag.

The Force also began to flow around Alicio, although instead of it being directed outwards at the feelings of those present like Seva, his natural focus travelled to the future. In a moment, he was seeing double, experiencing double. He existed both now, and a few seconds ahead.

"Hyperdrive malfunction!" He shouted, hoping his voice would fill the room in the sudden clamor. He stood up, trying to get the attention of as many passengers as he could, and pointing towards the aft of the ship. "Escape pods!"

The ship's PA system crackled to life.
". . . perdrive malf. . . scape pods in the ba. . . andon ship."

The Count leapt to his feet, and reached out his hand to help Seva up. He found some comfort in the irony that they were, once again, stuck in a disaster together.

Last edited:
As Seva watched the luggage falling from overhead, she had the strangest sensation that everything was falling apart. With the terror all around them, the waves of emotions threatened to pull her under. But there was a beacon in the storm – Alicio's force presence. It was something to focus on, something she didn't need to see, but feel.

Her eyes grew wide when the nobleman suddenly shouted.

She didn't question just how he knew; Seva trusted him. Then, the crackling voices came over the comm, the message quite garbled, but it did confirm it for everyone just how much danger they were in. Alicio was on his feet before she was and, for the second time, Seva was reaching out for his hand. And as they made their way into the aisle, there were bodies crashing against her as the other passengers scrambled for the escape pods.

Seva held fast to Alicio's hand. Just like last time, it was something like shelter from the events happening all around them. Her gaze shifted, and she cast a last glance over her shoulder at the mess of bags left behind in their row. This scene was soon obscured as the door to their small pod slid closed. She sat, secured herself, and looked to Alicio; the lights cast him in flashing red light. No matter the state of their hyperdrive, the emergency systems seemed to be functioning at least – and Seva felt a hard jolt as their pod was ejected. There was no time to question just where their pod would take them – would it seek the nearest world? Would it wait in the upper atmosphere to be picked up?

Would they… crash?

It was a mad scramble to safety.

Alicio found his arms pressed close to him as the flood of civilians closed around the two nobles, holding on to Seva's hand as tightly as he could. Before he could truly think, he and Seva escaped into a small pod, which quickly shut behind them, and blasted them away from the transport ship.

While they were still in hyperspace.

Alicio felt his stomach jump into his throat as their escape pod shuttered and pitched. In the red light of the vessel, Alicio seemed eerily calm, but it was clear through the Force that he was beyond terrified. The small viewport of the escape pod showed the scene outside, the blues of hyperspace stretching and turning horrible shades of orange and pink. In one hand, he clutched his cane, which seemed to respond with it's own weak pulse in the Force. In his other, Seva's.

He would let go of neither until they were safe.

One last immense shiver, and the pod exited hyperspace, becoming shockingly still. A planet, quickly growing larger, could be seen through the window.

"Are..." Alicio cleared his throat, his first word coming out in a croak. "Are you alright?"

A gasp caught in her throat as their pod left the ship. And she missed the colorful streaks outside their viewport, her eyes squeezed shut. The noblewoman held her breath tight – it was all she could do to keep from screaming. With a sudden jolt, they were no longer traveling at dizzying speed. Seva opened her eyes when Alicio spoke, and she offered the smallest nod. Their pod was still now.

"Y-yes. Or I will be, once my head stops spinning," she answered. "And you?"

At that moment, she remembered that she was still holding onto Alicio's hand. Her eyes tracked in the direction of their clasped hands and blinked. In those moments of terror, he'd brought her quite a lot of comfort. -- and continued to do so. But Seva still withdrew her hand primly and avoided his eyes by looking out the viewport.

She watched as the planet outside grew larger; they were slowly descending.

"Any idea where we are?" She asked. But before she'd left enough time for an answer, she continued, "They will find us, won't they?"

Seva's hands tugged at the hem of her skirt, anxious and unable to stay still.

Alicio let Seva retract her hand, his mouth downturned in concern, and a healthy degree of fear. He put both palms on the pommel of his cane, squeezing it tightly. "I'm unhurt," He replied, trying his hardest to bottle a rising panic.

As Seva asked her questions in quick succession, Alicio tried to control his breath, exhaling as slowly as he could before turning his gaze out the viewport. The planet didn't look like one he recognized. Primarily blue ocean, with scatterings of islands across it's face. No cities in sight.

"The pod ejected mid-hyperspace. We could be anywhere," he said, his words casting a long shadow on his features. "I have no idea."

The pod continued to drift lazily toward the planet, slowly gaining speed as the body's gravity claimed dominion over their vessel. The Count swore he heard something sparking in the control console, although he hoped it was just his imagination.

"I have no idea," he repeated, feeling his forced calm begin to erode away.

We could be anywhere…

Seva's eyes were fixed on Alicio, searching his features for any sign of reassurance. However, it seemed the feelings of uncertainty were shared. She sank in her seat, no longer the confident noblewoman that she normally appeared to be. She let her eyes shift towards the viewport, where the marbled blue of the planet below was waiting.

But something else caught her attention. Smoke.

"Oh!" she gasped sharply. Her finely manicured index finger directed Alicio's attention towards the control console in case he didn't see. Seva's stomach dropped as the pod shuttered, though, not quite as violently as the ship had. It sent a surge of panic rippling through Seva. The air around them felt charged. Was it static? Was it a sign the pod was about to explode? Did the pod feel like it was suddenly plummeting towards the planet? "We're going to crash," she said breathlessly.

Of course, she didn't know it for a fact… but it felt like it.

"No, no, no," Seva whispered.

Instinct took over – a force surrounded the two of them. It almost surprised Seva to see the shimmering bubble at her own outstretched fingertips. Her eyes focused just beyond her hands, to where Alicio was just out of arm's reach – but safely inside with her.

Her eyes widened slightly as she looked at him. Would it work?

A quick glance at Seva told Alicio she was just as frightened as he was. Which was comforting, in a terrifying, imminent-death kind of way. His own face was drawn tightly, hand still tightly gripping his walking stick.

"We're going to crash."

As soon as the words left Seva's mouth, he knew them to be true. They rang in his mind, tasting like sweet ash on his tongue. In that moment, he felt that they would crash, as surely as she did. He turned to put his hands on the console, but it was broken, buttons and displays flashing wildly with no sense about them. There was nothing they could do.

It was hopeless.

But then Alicio tasted a shift in the Force. A wafting of energies, a new flavor to the Count's palate. A shimmering blue bubble encapsulated the two of them, emitting from the noblewoman to his side. Alicio's eyes widened in shock, then set in determination.

Suddenly, there was hope again.

The outside of the escape pod flickered with flames as it entered the planet's atmosphere. Alicio raised his own hand, palm facing towards the sky. He offered his Gift to the Commenori, strengthening her bubble as best he could, using his intense desire to live as fuel.

The pod continued to fall, for what seemed like forever. Then, with the sound of crunching metal and a quaking to rival the strongest earthquakes, the vessel hit solid ground. The pair were jostled, the inside of the pod folding into sharp points, all of which pushed at the walls of Force.

Then, all was still. Alicio stood up shakily, holding his brow. He'd hit his head on impact, but at least he was still conscious. He stumbled his way over to Seva once more, checking her over as best he could, blood beginning to spill from a cut on his forehead.

"Please tell me you're okay," he mumbled.

Seva felt the connection as Alicio added to the force protection. It was, in a way, much like when they'd joined hands earlier – the same feeling but magnified. And it gave her a bit of courage to keep at it. It was dizzying as the pod fell into the planet's grasp; Seva had to concentrate hard on maintaining the bubble, with Alicio's assistance. If she let the fear take over, they'd be done for.

The crunch of their pod hitting solid ground was sickening, and the shock of it all hit Seva full on. She felt the impact against the bubble, but it saved them from the worst of it. The Commenori woman was flat on her back on the floor of the pod, eyes closed.

Alicio's voice came from somewhere, it sounded far away. But it called her back to consciousness. At first, she could only manage a faint groan in response. As she opened her eyes, she could see the pod's sharp angles all around them – and a sliver of light formed in a crack in the cabin. The air around them was quickly filling with smoke, and her first deep breath in was cut short by a fit of coughing.

"I-I'm alright," she stammered.

But they were alive, they'd made it… to where?

Seva sat up slowly and craned her neck. Outside the viewport, she could scarcely make out grey skies. It was cloudy or perhaps it was late afternoon, wherever they had ended up. And there was sound – like waves crashing on rocks, but was it real or imagined? It was then that Seva reached back to rub the back of her head, where there was surely a bump forming. But at least she wasn't bleeding. Her eyes focused on Alicio, a streak of red now running down the side of his face.

"You're bleeding," Seva said, and her eyes frantically searched the wreckage. There was a red case on the floor peeking out from beneath a seat. She reached for it with a shaking hand and held her other arm up for assistance standing.

"Let's…" she breathed. "Get out of here."

She only hoped the environment outside was more hospitable than their broken pod.

"You're bleeding."

"Oh," the nobleman said dumbly, raising a hand to his forehead, hissing slightly through his teeth as he pressed against the wound. It didn't seem life-threatening, a shallow cut, and certainly a bruise in the making, but he'd take that over a fractured skull any day.

With his other hand, he assisted Seva to her feet, and at her suggestion, stepped towards the door to the pod, cane once again returned to his hand. He pressed a few buttons on the console, and with the sound of grating steel, the pod's door grinded open.

island.png

The immediate smell of salt water assaulted the senses as Alicio stepped out of the ruined pod, helping Seva escape their metal coffin as she needed it. They had landed on a beach, with a smattering of rocky outcroppings, gently-swaying palm trees, and trickling waterfalls. There was the sound of far-off screeching, likely waterfowl of some type. The sky was muted by a covering of shadowed clouds above, threatening rain that had yet to come.

The Alderaanian drew in a long breath, then released it. "We survived," he said mutedly. Usually, that would be cause for celebration. But only one thought lay heavy in his mind.

Now what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom