Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Council Request: Force Light

If I wanted somebody who was really in charge? I wouldn't ask a Council Member. I'd get a Faction Admin. :p
And as faction admin I would demand the fuzzy slippers but in all seriousness you are correct. This isn't for a "club" it is for IC purposes. To progress the story and keep down hopefully the mini starkiller's and Revan's.

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
Ben Watts said:
Besides enacting some BS rules.

Who abides by those anyways?
IC wise several do and it has helped cut down on facepalms.

OOC wise it is a choice plain and simple. We can't enforce it but if a padawan/apprentice goes "I can make hyperspace wormholes with my pinkie" We can sit back with popcorn

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I take my Padawans shopping. Teaching them about alien cultures, good manners, proper posture, and how fit the right size bra on the right size Twi'lek. Things like: Where not to touch a Mandalorian? (anywhere), What color beskar looks best during summer? (Anything in a bikini) and how much is too-much for a ladies handbag? (trick question btw)

Fashion police, before Galactic police. Get with the program people. *snaps fingers* :D :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
That's it! Ben. I'm taking you shopping. We are getting you new underwear, socks, pants, and hoodies. Maybe a pink lightsaber, puts that pushing it.

Oh. And we are burning those old t-shirts of yours. I'm serious. :D :p

Karen Roberts said:
Lol. Carn, baby. If I wanted to learn Force Light outside of the Faction, I could totes do it without having to ask anybody's permission. AKA way faster and easier than doing this: 'the hard way'. The Jedi Order's way. Der hur hur. So don't be all like: Oh snap, don't leave us bby. Boo hoo hoo. Because let's be real? IC, it's a bummer when people leave. But OOC? Nobody cares if anybody leaves the Faction. It's roleplaying. I mean, come on. If the whole point of asking permission for dangerous skills is just to create an 'exclusive club' for cool people? ...Nobody will care... And you'll probably end up being labeled as douchebags and having more people leave the faction.

Let's be real. The whole point of even asking permission is for IC purposes only. You don't have to overthink this. It's about the new Padawans who think they are Revan or playing Force Unleashed 2. The retards. It's not that hard to comprehend. The Council exists for story purposes. If I wanted somebody who was really in charge? I wouldn't ask a Council Member. I'd get a Faction Admin. :p

But yeah. Thanks dudes! Rock on and keep those wheels spinning. :D

- Jay
Apologies about missing this until now, but this came up in conversation. While it's done and over with, do remember that the Council ARE in a way members of Republic staff, and have authority IC and OOC just as the Faction Admins do, even if in a different accord. I ask nicely that in future you please treat every member of my staff with proper respect, whether they be council member or faction admin or mod. They don't HAVE to do this job, but they do it of their own choice and I appreciate it and I'll gladly stand up for them if need be. If there's an issue, please come to a faction admin or faction leader (Myself in the latter case for the time being) and we'll talk about it like civilized adults without sounding bitter. I've always treated you with respect, I ask you do so in future with my staff.

In terms of questioning loyalty... I can see where @[member="Carn Dista"] might be coming from. In an era where we have people leaving by the dickens because they think this other faction is the "Cool Noodle Soup" and the Jedi are strict and have rules and blah blah blah, we have to be careful in terms of teaching major force powers such as force light. It's a precaution that I support. It's not a personal thing, it's the smart thing.

I hope there's no hard feelings on this, I just hate to see displays like I've seen. You know I have respect for you IC and OOC, and I hope in future we can avoid things like this.

Thank you :)

- Josh, I-FL.

PS: Again, sorry for the lateness in seeing this! It probably doesn't mean much now, but I'm leaving this here for future reference so there's less incidents of people sounding... Well, yeah. You get the picture.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Joshua DragonsFlame said:
While it's done and over with, do remember that the Council ARE in a way members of Republic staff, and have authority IC and OOC just as the Faction Admins do, even if in a different accord.
This is not a thing.

Josh, I'll forgive the necropost but if you want to talk to me, my PM box is always open. And while I respect the thought of being your first scapegoat to try out your new, (old?) Admin powers on? It's also kind of annoying. So in the future if you'd like to make a public spectacle of me or my completely appropriate behavior in this accord, please use rainbow colored font and all caps. (I love all caps) :D :p

Respectfully yours,

- Jay

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Righteous! Now please explain to me and the Faction how Council Members have any OOC power. Because... And I'll do this logically... Faction Admins have OOC power because they have access to OOC tools. IE: The Control Panels that allow for OOC actions. AKA: Administration. Thus, Staff.

Now. Council Members do not have this. Thusly, zero OOC power. They exist solely for story purposes and IC leadership. They are not better than any one writer. They are not smarter than any one writer. They are not greater than any other writer. We are all writers. We are all equals.

If you disagree with this? Or can enlighten us as Faction members further? Please do so. This is the time to let us all know that we are inferior. Now is the time to let me know that not being a Council Member, makes me less than you. :D

While not a Master, I have had training in Force Light and have practiced it along with several other Force Masters in the past. It is one of the five Force abilities Erinyes has ever trained in and practiced.

Of course, within ten minutes I passed out, went into a coma for about two weeks and was utterly spent. It requires a lot of Force Masters to do, because it is a very volatile power.

However, did manage to cut off the Darkside from Ryn Bacquin; but that apparently resulted in her death >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom