Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Could Dominion Tiers Be The Answer?

Code:
Dominions tiers were introduced a while back, and my memory is terrible so I forget why we axed them.

But I know they didn't exist in the era of Faction Mandates - and I could think of some fun interactions Staff could come up with between them.

Yes, we get it, some people want zero structure and just pure freeform. Let's not have that debate here, though, go to the other thread for that.

Thread for Freeform vs Structured Map Game.

LET'S BREW OFF THE CUFF. (this is for you, Zef.)

Dominion Tier I - no post requirement. You get one hex. Have fun, don't worry about post counts, just have a faction thread that has a Dom prefix instead.

Susceptible to rebellions.

Dominion Tier II - 100 posts or more, for the sake of having a static goal. Two hexes, but some side effects. Mandates could increase or lower this side effect.

Susceptible to rebellions.

Dominion Tier III - 300 posts or more, this is the PvE equivalent of an Invasion. You get an SSD. You get 3 or more hexes. It's a race, sure. You're in the slogfest. But faction leadership has to keep you entertained and trucking along to reach the biggest incentives the Map Game PvE can offer.

Not susceptible to rebellions.

Mandate Ideas:

• Removes the Rebellion weakness from Doms.
  • Lower the post count requirements of Doms by 50.
  • Extra benefits for Dominions based on Tier.
  • +1 hex per Dom II or greater.
  • Etc, etc.

Huh... I seem to have forgotten this too!

Woah, that was all the way back when we were doing individual planets. I think this would translate well to the current system, a good compromise even.

Bruh, like it a lot Ra Vizsla Ra Vizsla

A few Suggested alterations
  • Knock off 100 posts from T3 (200 is a bit more realistic given that its only One faction vs an Invasion being two)
  • Make it to where a faction can only do ONE Dominion a month, but it doesn't matter which tier they decide to do otherwise Invasions will lose even more of their Impact on the site.
Mandates make sense to me dude. One for smaller factions to be able to hit the bigger dominions, one to expand the gain for factions able to hit the top tiers.

While I remember why the tiered dominions got axed, I do also think tiered dominions work better with the whole dominion-a-hex thing Chaos has going for it now, versus when it was dominion-for-a-planet.

I also like the premise of what you get from doing these versus the current "do these and if you do enough you get a reward" deal.

So its got my support.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Sure.

Needs a cap. I like Laira's idea of only one Dom a month.

Post counts are fine if it's just one faction. But if you request help or do a joint venture, post count gets shared. I'll ponder plugging loopholes here.

Anyway. Sexy idea.

Cheeki Breeki

C
darth-vader-thumbs-up.jpg

I N C A P A C I T A T E D
Throwing in my two cents

I think MF's should only be allowed to complete a certain number of each tier a month. Or rather look below

If a MF wanted to stick to Tier Ones they could do three a month (and gain an SSD, like normal). For Tier Twos they could do two (I guess gain an SSD and a SSD sized Military Space Station) For Tierr Threes, one a month and gain two SSDs

Also I think the price at count should go down to be fair for smaller majors

Tier One 35-40

Tier Two - 55-60 (This is the norm for most majors, yes?)

Tier Three - 75 (Achievable but I think goals here have to be reached in a sort of
way)

What ya think Ra Vizsla Ra Vizsla

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom