Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coruscanti Dawn

Trope check.
Mysterious woman with mysterious past? Check.
Random, yet undefined central setting? Check.
Suspicion that it was all going to go to hell in a handbasket? Check.

As Tamara walked in the wide plaza between the Senate and Jedi Temple as the sun rose she looked happy and at peace with the galaxy in general. Of course, circumstances would likely soon conspire to make that less peaceful but for now...all was right.

The young woman herself wore pretty ordinary clothes and carried no obvious weapons. On her back was a small bag containing her worldly possessions and a utility belt around her waist.

As the more perceptive readers may have noticed, this thread was pretty open. It might be too much to ask that Tamara's good mood remains for too long however.

It hadn't been too much trouble coming here. Provided he didn't do anything insane, it shouldn't be that hard leaving either. There were a trillion people here after all. Aronis wore an olive green cloak that masked most of his face. His lightsaber was tucked up his sleeve, hidden from sight. The area was surprisingly not that crowded, but it was morning after all. He casually strolled towards the Senate. Perhaps he'd go sightseeing.

@[member="Tamara"]

@[member="Aronis Vilgar"]

Tamara headed down the wide plaza, keeping an eye out around her. She passed close to a green cloaked man and watched him curiously until he'd passed. Green was a most interesting colour for an outfit.
"Morning," she said as she passed. It was only polite.

Simone

S
Two holocmeras floated about her head, their repulsors humming softly. An irritating noise to most, but to Simone it was a comfort. Arms folded she stared up at the Jedi Temple. She was hear to get shots for her own investigation, inspired buy the 'Battle for Democracy' she wanted to know why so many reputable Jedi had left the Order. The first few had been close friends if not more, Seroth Ur-Rahn, Darron Wraith and Rosa Mazhar. After they left, the rest seemed to be dropping like flies. Jedi didn't just walk away, historical records told her that if a Jeid left the order it was down to disputes surrounding the mysterious 'dark side'. Rumours told her that the majority of the people who had left had no links to such things, so why leave?

"Alright," she said matter-of-factly, her thoughts in order "Get me some sky high shots from every angle." She raised the datapad in her hand, its screen splitting in two to receive data from both camera's as they whizzed away from her. "See if we can get this sunrise in there."

"Morning." He replied in passing.

Something seemed off about the woman, but he couldn't determine what it was. Best not to worry about it, everyone here was strange. Aronis noticed camera people in the distance, he quickly looked away from them, not wanting to be seen. He continued walking, occasionally glancing up at the cameras nervously.

@[member="Tamara"] @[member="Simone"]

@[member="Aronis Vilgar"] @[member="Simone"]

Having received a cautious reply from the green cloaked man and eying the hovering cameras, it seemed like this day would be like any other.

Until a speeder exploded.

It had been passing far overhead when there was a bright flash, followed a second later by a loud crack, and the raining of burning metal fragments down upon the plaza.

Tamara turned, holding up her hand to deflect some of the pieces falling towards her, then dodged aside, looking around for any further danger, and to see how the others would react.

Simone

S
Simone leapt out of her skin at the noise, eyes snapping form the datapad towards the noise. Debris showered around her and she dropped to a crouch covering her head and praying that the cameras had caught the footage. A piece of shrapnel sliced the skin on her arm. Hissing in pain she rose eyes scanning the damage. Bringing her finger to her lips she let out a shrill whistle to call the cameras back to her. One recorded the wreckage while the other recorder the reactions of the public.

She looked down at her wound, a pout forming on her lips.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Tamara"] @[member="Simone"] @[member="Aronis Vilgar"]
Coruscant. Noah's family home for generations upon generations upon generations. He hadn't visited in nearly six years,even when he had had his court marshal,it had been in a space station orbiting the planet,he guessed it had been a personal stab at him about home being so close. But now he was finally home,sitting on a bench. Well,that was of course before the speeder exploded and he stood up and walked towards the wreckage to see if anyone was hurt or needed assistance.

Aronis crouched covering his head as the speeder exploded and the metal rained down upon them. He looked back to see which fool had caused this incident. He thought about tending to the person, but that would attract too much attention. A man has his head sliced off by Sith at the senate, the outrage it would cause. He checked for his lightsaber, just in case. He didn't know what had happened after all. Sabotage? Terrorism? Accident? It was not his concern.

Aronis turned and started walking again, past the hundreds of frightened and concerned people.

@[member="Noah Corek"] - @[member="Simone"] - @[member="Tamara"]

Tamara swiftly got to work helping out. She preferred to stay under the scanner, but not in a situation like this.
Swiftly she called on her powers to move wreckage aside and knelt down to assist a male Rodian who had been hit by wreckage. Tending to him for a moment, she moved on.
“Call an ambulance!” she called to the bystanders. Gawking at a time like this was not smart. The who or why could come later.

Simone

S
Simone blinked at the shout from Tamara, and looked at her with confusion. Like a child that didn't understand what was happening around her. The reality rushed back to her, the screams of panicked citizens filled her ears, the stink of a gas fuelled fire reached her nose, twisted with the stink of burning flesh. She pulled the comlink from her belt, dialling into to the emergency services. It didn't take long for the sirens to answer her call. Bouncing after Tamara she stopped at her side.

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

A holocamera appeared at there heads, used to the intrusions she had programmed, Simone didn't react.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah grunted as he used his strength to pull a piece of wreckage from atop a Chiss woman and her two kids that had survived the explosion. "Come on." Noah pleaded with them as he raised the wreckage up so all three of them could scramble out from under it. After doing this,Noah saw two women conversing,from what he could tell,it was a Zeltron and Human. He heard the Zeltron ask if she could do any to help. "You have any medical knowledge?" Noah asked as he walked up to them.

@[member="Simone"] @[member="Noah Corek"]

"Yes, make sure an ambulance is coming, and bind up some of these wounds to stop the blood loss," she told the Zeltron. Now was not a time to hide away when people were in trouble, so she called on the Force to shift more wreckage aside so the man could pull another person free. The man was likely a soldier by his look, but it wasn't sure of which army.

"I know a little. Give me a hand here, I think this woman has head trauma. Clear her airway and lay her on her side," Tamara ordered, getting down with one of the victims.

"Yes, make sure an ambulance is coming, and bind up some of these wounds to stop the blood loss," she told the Zeltron. Now was not a time to hide away when people were in trouble, so she called on the Force to shift more wreckage aside so the man could pull another person free. The man was likely a soldier by his look, but it wasn't sure of which army.

"I know a little. Give me a hand here, I think this woman has head trauma. Clear her airway and lay her on her side," Tamara ordered, getting down with one of the victims.

Simone

S
Simone couldn't help but scowl. Even she could hear the sirens of ambulances as they raced through the city to the scene. "They're coming." she retorted moving to an unconscious Bith. Kneeling beside him she stared for a moment, wondering whether he was alive or not. The question of medical experience reached her ears, as did Tamara's response.

She raised a hand "Um, 'scuse me, I have none, I mean I'm a reporter I talk about things, I don't actually do them. What am I supposed to bind this guys wounds up with? And how the hell do I know if he's even alive?!"

The btih groaned. "Well I suppose that's a give away."

@Tamara @[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah sighed as the girl began to talk to them a little hot-headedly. "Listen,I'm going to need you to hold the guy down for a sec." Noah informed the girl as he reached for his hip and pulled out a small medkit. He opened the medkit and pulled out a sharpened cylinder,a small bottle of liquid painkillers,a hypo needle,a small bottle of rubbing alcohol and a small piece of gauze. Once he had gotten these things out,he injected the painkillers into the Biths arm,he then sterillized the cylinder's tip with the gauze which he had soaked with the alcohol and then waited for Simone to hold the guy down.

Simone

S
Simone watched him work then realized when he stopped he was waiting on her to do as he'd asked. Her eyes widened "You can't be serious? I'm half his weight!" He was serious, Simone could see it in his eyes. She swallowed and placed her hand firmly on the biths shoulder and stomach. "This isn't going to work." she muttered.

Tamara gave the Zeltron an agitated look. "Do you want him to die? Then hold him!" she snapped. Lives were at stake, and this was not a time to fiddle around.

She leaned down and helped Noah with the injection, and then held him down, with an application of the Force, as the victim was bandaged and the wounds covered.

"Right, who's next?"

Pa'Kar Sang

P
Sucking his teeth and tossing the rocket launcher to the side, the Mandalorian looked on in disappointment. He hated these shady weapons dealers. Sometimes you got to walk away with a great steal, often times though, the weapon you buy is just as likely to blow up in your face than do what it is actually supposed to do. In this case, a cheap and experimental personal Ion cannon had too strong of a charge, causing massive damage in his target's speeder. And now there were civilians between him and his target. Or were they?

Zooming in with his macrobinocular visor, he targeted a young brunette's face. He had seen it somewhere before...Maybe. On a hunch he checked through his bounties via facial recognition. He found a match after a few seconds of searching. Unknown benefactor, shady but not out of the ordinary, 8mil, alive. A wide grin inched its way across his face. It was his lucky day today. A small fry and a woman able to set him up for life.
@Tamara @Simone @Noah Corek

Simone

S
"Hey!" Simone snapped back @[member="Tamara"]. "I didn't blow the speeder up, don't rip my head off."
Despite Simone's feisty tones, she was terrified. It was all well and good when she deliberately put herself in these situations for a good story but when they sprung up on her like this she had no time to prepare or find a way to remain calm. She sat back and covered her eyes for a moment taking a deep breath.

"...just wanted to get some good fething shots...stupid fething speeder..." she got unsteadily to her feet, wiping sweaty palms on her pants she took a few steps away still muttering to herself. "Come on, Simone, pull yourself together."
@[member="Noah Corek"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom