Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Corellia again? Really?

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

76682.gif

"ELOAH" (Secondary - Long Handle)

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Jedi Interceptor in the landing bay, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music", "Aricsias" Wookiee Clan (pops in and out of posts)
Tag:

“Stand, you keep standing. No matter how rough the sea is, you keep standing. No matter what, don’t ever give up.” - Abdulraheem Abdulhameed​

-Corellia
-Coronet City
-Diadem Square
-Memorial Site

There he was again.

He’d been there a few times in the past, one to clean up around the plot, the rest to just visit. He had little to say in the past, after all, what can you say to someone who has been dead at least eight hundred years? What can you really say to someone who has been dead at least eight hundred years who just happens to be your daughter? Alyscia Vanagor was Alyscia Cain until she was twelve years old. Caltin didn’t know she even existed until then, her mother telling her that he wanted nothing to do with either of them when it was her that kept them separated. It was only when the woman was dying of an inoperable disease and Alyscia was in potential danger that she reached out to her ex.

Naturally, he was flabbergasted by her actions, and Alyscia, naturally, did not take to him quickly. However, over time they became closer, and soon she was his “little girl” and she was his “big bad daddy”.

You had to make that public knowledge? People are so going to make fun of me over this.

Oh come on, it’s sweet. Anyway, she was Force Sensitive and went into training. Only she was not trained by her father, he did not believe in any nepotism. His former Padawan taught her though and taught her well in the manner that Caltin had taught him. So, in a way, he did teach her. Anyway, her life was not in the Order, it was to her home of Corellia. She put her life back into the planet that gave her life. It was poetic when you think about it, but she took to the streets to take care of the people who needed it the most. Alyscia was a “voice for the voiceless”, she was the “Jedi without a lightsaber”, and well-liked by the people she served, even representing Corellia in the Senate. Alyscia married had children and grandchildren, she watched them all grow.

She lived a long and fruitful life.

The one regret that she had, according to this telling of her life was that her father was never found, that he was not alive to see his grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. This was heart-wrenching, not because of his loss, but because of hers. It made Caltin feel that much more “alone” now than he ever was. So there he knelt as he looked over her grave. He was here because of all that had happened recently; Csilla, Jakku, Coruscant. He needed the motivation to be able to at least try and show others what it really meant (at least in his view) to be a Jedi.

Hey Kid. I’ve missed you. You know the hardest day of my life was when I woke up from that ice and found out I had been under for so long. I wish I could have watched you become the woman I knew you would be. I’m beaming with pride that I’m supposed to warn Padawans about over all that you were able to accomplish. I want you to be proud of me too, it’s why I’m here. I wanted to come by today because I needed to talk to you. I’m trying to get back to the way I used to be. To be the guy you looked up to, that others did. I’m having trouble doing it, Aly. I need your help. The galaxy… it’s a wreck. The people are trying their best, but this is all just a mess. It’s nothing like your time, it’s worse. I can do something, we all can, but there are too many Jedi out there who have forgotten what it means to be that or are afraid to. They’re not bad people, they just need help getting over that finish line… is that how you used to say it? “Get’em over the finish line”?

He smiled.

You always had a way of inspiring me, Alyscia. Even if you didn’t say anything, a look, an air about you. You had this way that always gave me something to jump off of. I need that again. I need you to be that face that launched a thousand ships.

Then he sensed another, one he didn't know that well, but well enough. She was there on her own apparently, but maybe, just maybe. Looking her way and smiling, and then back he patted the top of her marker.

I"m going to make you proud of me again, kid. I wish I have seen you, but I wish you could see me. See you soon, Alyscia, I promise.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

This was not the first nor would it likely be the last that Jairdain found herself on Corellia. Something had brought her here and yet she was unsure of the reason. Time would make it apparent to her and she followed where the Force guided her. It was odd since it had been a very long time since she had just listened to it, followed, and allowed it to guide her steps. Normally, Jairdain did listen to it and allow it to guide but rarely did it lead her off-world.

Not questioning the reason behind this change, she walked the streets of a place she hadn't been to in many years. One of the last times, she had actually traveled to the Netherworld from a portal that was here. Now they seemed to have popped up all over and entry was much easier. Sadly, that also meant whatever creatures were in there could also come through to this side. Luckily, she had yet to actually encounter any of these beings on this side.

Through the Force, she could see all the life around and she couldn't help but smile a little. Life went on for the people here and the troubles of the Galaxy left them alone mostly. If she could return to those days of her life, she probably would not. She was a happy woman, even if there was a touch of sorrow that still clung to her. Who knows, maybe that was what drew her here today.

Walking into some sort of memorial, she picked up on the presence of a person she had met only a few times. A man of interest to her and one she felt she needed to speak to. Hearing him speaking to the soul of somebody, she waited until he finished before fully approaching.

Giving him a small and maybe slightly bitter smile, speaking to souls was something she was quite familiar with.

"Good morning, Master Vanagor. I apologize if I am interrupting you."

Even outside of the Temple, she was polite.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than how you think it should be." - Wayne W. Dyer
Master Ismet? Come. You're not interrupting.

He sensed her presence already but the Lady of Juniper still startled the big guy as he was focused on his daughter Alyscia. It was strange how he would lose such focus when he was visiting. However, that was just Caltin and his outlook on life. Around those he cared about the most; the big guy was not a Jedi but "Caltin" he was a dad or a brother or a friend. The massive Jedi Master did not meet her gaze; not out of disrespect to her but that he was still in the funk that he had been when arriving on the planet. No matter what he did or how hard he tried, Caltin just did not belong here or anywhere. While he accepted this, the big guy was having trouble with how to get around it.

He would never look for something he did not earn, but Caltin wanted a place, and that started with the inspiration he always picked up from his daughter Alyscia.

This is my daughter, Alyscia. Today would have been her birthday.

tag: Jairdain Jairdain

ally_banner.png

//: Corellia //:
//: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor //: Jairdain Jairdain //:
8f5d11cf954f1b08f542b3444f8547c19c505050.png

Corellians were a proud people. To them, there was nothing more in this galaxy than Corellia. It was the best place to be from, the best place to visit, and the best place to put down your roots. Corellians were proud of Corellia, of everything that she was and could be. The space-faring people always knew that no matter how long they were in the great beyond - Corellia was their constant.

It was home.

The ferrocrete headstone was cool to the touch, dust collected showing how long the daughter of Corellia had been away. It was painful to be here. The landscape was forever changed by the will of a horrible god. Allyson could feel it, the restless souls that perished that day. She felt it even when she was a child, carting the dead and dying from the rubble. One that day, she had earned one of the highest merits a Corellian could earn. Allyson remembered the yellow piped trim on her uniform and on everything she wore. She was proud but hated how she acquired them. Several years later, she would earn the blood-red piping of the bloodstripes - for another self-sacrificing cause. The memory forced her hand to run down the stripes; her father had earned a pair of his own, but never the first-class - never the one that you had to die for.

Standing, Allyson looked down at the large headstone. Three names were carved into it. The work was hasty and jagged, but many were that way for those that died during the calamity. She could remember the man showing her how to carve the names; he was short-handed and couldn't work fast enough. Fourteen years old, she dug her family from the rubble of their penthouse, buried them without proper ceremony, and finally carved their headstone with her own two hands.

"Mom, Dad," She stared quietly, fingers playing with a gold medal nervously. "I know it's been some time, but I'm okay." How accurate was that statement? She thought quietly, though she wouldn't say anything else otherwise. Allyson remembered how her mother's forehead would wrinkle with worry. "We won the war against the Empire, but it seems we're not done yet. I miss you." She smiled softly, "I did well; I would have made you proud, made Corellia proud - I wish you were here, mom; I was never really good with sewing." She wanted to laugh as her free hand pulled at the blood stripe on her leg, starting to fall off from wear and tear.

She remained silent, waiting to see if they'd answer. So many times before, she had stood here, waiting for an answer, waiting for this to not be real. Allyson kept telling herself that one day she'd just wake up, and all of this was just a terrible dream. That day never came, and she continued forward, trying to live for what she had lost. Looking down, Allyson fought back the tears. In her hand was the gold Starbird; she had been rewarded for efforts against the Sith and the Maw. The swell of pride filled her chest as she looked at the small award, one that made her unique and acknowledged.

"I did it. I'm a decorated war veteran." She choked between stifled sobs. "I earned a Starbird, you know what they stand for?" Waiting, not for an answer but for her own will to continue. "They say, starbirds never die, that when they seem gone, they're really renewing themselves in the heart of a nova. It reminds me of Corellia. No matter what, we survive; we fight on. The Alliance uses the Starbird for their awards, some of their highest rewards. Bravery and hope - it's what it stands for now." Stepping forward, she placed the medal onto the headstone. "I did it for you guys; I just want you to be proud of me, proud of the life I'm living, the life you gave me. Thank you and wait for me? I'm not done yet, but I'll see you soon."

Allyson stepped back, feeling the tears that hung in her eyes begin to fall. Cascading against her features, she stared at the stone that she carved, knowing that somewhere, maybe her loved ones weren't really gone.

Voices lingered in the area, and Allyson quickly wiped her eyes and stepped away from the gravesite. For as prominent as she was, she was still a spy, someone that had cherished secrets. Looking over towards the direction of the voices, she recognized one of them. A giant of a man, one who had offered advice to the young council of the New Jedi Order. She didn't realize he was a kindred spirit, not just Corellian but having lost someone precious.

A part of her wanted to continue, ignoring the pair leaving them to their conversation, but the need to be around the living took priority. "Master Vanagor, Ma'am" She nodded at both of them as she addressed them, "Good Morning," Allyson glanced towards where they were standing, seeing the name on the headstone. She had caught the tail end of his explanation and nodded. "Happy birthday, then, Alyscia." She smiled and then turned to Caltin, "How are you faring, Master? It's been a little while since Coruscant," Remembering her manners, she held out her hand to the woman, "Allyson Locke, and you?"

"Some things cannot be fixed, only carried." - Anonymous

He smiled as the Corellian approached. Master Locke. This is Master Jairdain Ismet also of the Silver Concord. She is a good friend and a great representative of us.

While he did not know her as well as he let on, it was not a lie. Caltin had read many of the reports of her exploits and appreciated her accomplishments. He did indeed feel that she was a great embodiment of what the Jedi stood for. Looking back at Alyscia's headstone he smiled and then back at Locke. She was legendary in her exploits, Caltin did not have the access to be able to read everything about every Jedi, but what he did read, what he did see was impressive.

I'm doing well, and hope you are. Coruscant was rather unsettling; been through that before, and the planet is my home. It's hard not to take that personally, but I am doing well, all things considered.

tag: Jairdain Jairdain Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

When Caltin welcomed her, she finished her approach. Nodding with a touch of sympathy, she focused her attention on the grave for a moment before returning to the large Jedi next to her.

"I'm sure it is a little late in coming but I am sorry for your loss."

Jairdain was sure he might feel them to be nothing more than empty words but that was far from the case. She had suffered many losses in her life as well, including that of her entire home planet. Placing a hand over her heart for just a moment, she glanced once again at the grave.

"Happy birthday, Alyscia."

At that, another woman joined the two of them. She also wished Alyscia a happy birthday and introduced herself to Jairdain. Caltin returned the favor and introduced her. Giving Allyson a bit of a smile, she met the extended hand to give it a shake.

Small pleasantries ensued and she kept silent until Caltin finished.

"It is nice to meet you, Master Locke."

This being a cemetery, she could only assume Allyson was also here to visit the graves of friends or family. Maybe both. Also expressing her sympathy for the losses she had, she fell quiet again.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom