Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contest to kill Charzon

[member="Charzon Loulan"]

I think this is best left to the leaders of the SJO as the ones who the sentence will reflect upon. Whichever option you go for will have a big impact on how the SJO is viewed both IC and OOC so if you're giving your ok for potential execution then I would hand over the final decision to Connor, Coci and Thurion.

[member="Charzon Loulan"]

What was the point in agreeing to stand trial if you're just going to do whatever you want anyway? How about you allow the Silver Jedi Council to make its judgment and decide punishment to put this issue to rest instead of continuing to troll the board for attention?

[member="Suravi Teigra"] When Korriban happened, I agreed with the Silver Jedi Council that she would live through a trial. At the time I had some use in mind for Charzon alive but only long-term.

Now that the trial is underway, because I think the use I could have gotten out of Charzon in the long run is highly unlikely to materialize, I am at a crossroads. At this point the poll was mostly about whether or not to give the SJC the green light to kill Charzon themselves.

But, if I want her killed off, it will have to be made in a way that makes sense plot-wise.

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
Charzon Loulan said:
[member="Isamu Baelor"] Yet I always saw it as making more plot sense to have Charzon's body permanently exposed in downtown Korriban City (or another equivalent location so long as it is within Korriban City's limits) because the crime was one committed in Korriban City, provided Charzon is actually killed.
Why would the people of Korriban ever want her to be immortalized like that? To constantly be reminded of her monstrous acts?

I'm going off of information gleaned from what a lot of people have said, so I may be wrong, but let me make sure i've got this:

You're the one who bombed Korriban while the hex rebellion was going on, killing ~10,000 people?

And now after playing around with how to kill the character off and agreeing to a trial, you're debating whether to ignore the trial or not?

I cannot stress enough that IC actions have IC consequences. If you bomb a city full of people as a Jedi, the notion that the Jedi would even let you make it out of the system without apprehending you is an odd one, let alone come to any conclusion at a trial other than "Life in prison" Only because the Jedi don't believe in execution (The SJO believes this as well, I assume?)

And if you agreed to an IC trial, you need to stick by that, go through with it, and accept the consequences. While it is true that nobody can really force you to kill a character off, nobody who enjoys writing coherently will want to RP with you if you flout the most basic of RP rules, that IC actions lead to IC consequences.

If I made a Sith, and then proceeded to dedicate all of my time to erecting a massive statue dedicated to galactic peace, I would have to accept that sooner or later another Sith is going to come along and bring that statue down on top of me.

If Drystan suddenly went off on a maniacal rampage, killing everyone he could find, friend and foe alike, I'd have to accept that [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] would come along sooner or later and give me the lethal talking-to I'd deserve.

And If I made a jedi who proceeded to bomb a city full of civilians into the dust, killing thousands of people, i'd have to accept that I would probably be punished in some way.

What I would not do is say "You know, I don't really feel like dealing with the repercussions of the massive thing I did, I think i'll just do whatever I want instead.

And now after playing around with how to kill the character off and agreeing to a trial, you're debating whether to ignore the trial or not?
Not exactly. It is about allowing execution as possible punishment.

This is an exceptional crime that involved mass murder. I just assumed that a poll like this could influence the SJ Council into having Charzon killed as her sentence. They have no choice at this point but to take in account the IC desires of the galaxy, plus those of the writer playing the convict.

Matreya

What in the actual...

Are you serious right now? Your character is 80% likely to be ordered execution by any government, and even in the 20% where you get off scott free, YOU STILL WILL BE HUNTED DOWN. In this thread alone you have, what, a dozen people offering to kill her? Each one strong in its own way, several OP Master level fu's.

"Im asking because i want to blah blah" No. This is seeking a means out. You want people to tell you, "It'll be okay. Dont worry." Hence continuing to iterate that you will kill her off if everyone wants her to. At this point everyone wamts her to.

Im sorry, i got nothing personal againast you, but i feel this had to be said. You try hard to do what you want, how you want, now accept repercussions so we can move on, yeah?

Do whatever you want and ignore everyone in this thread.

If you want to kill Charzon, kill Charzon.

If you do not, do not.

It's your choice, not theirs. Doesn't matter how good of a literary one it might be, it's your choice as the writer for your character.

Charzon Loulan said:
I just assumed that a poll like this could influence the SJ Council into having Charzon killed as her sentence.
If what you are trying to do with this poll is force the hand of the SJO, then I would abandon it right away. The trial can go two ways: either Charzon is sentenced to death, or she is not, and this poll suggests you are okay with either. Having her put in an SJO-hosted trial means that Charzon's sentence is the SJO's decision IC, and having bombed Korriban in the way you did also makes it their decision OOC as long as you greenlight their sentence.

Charzon Loulan said:
They have no choice at this point but to take in account the IC desires of the galaxy, plus those of the writer playing the convict.
The SJO do not, in any way, need to take into account what the rest of the board wants as it does not affect anyone other than Charzon and the SJO. In making this poll, you are essentially giving your OK for her execution, so that leaves the final decision solely down to the Order. The Sith, First Order, Mandalorians, and whoever else, have nothing to do with this and involving them is stirring up trouble and calling it democracy. Thus, what you are doing is trying to cause more unnecessary trouble by bullying the SJO into a decision made by people whom it does not affect, and you should stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom