Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contest to kill Charzon

[member="Velok the Younger"] If only there was some Sith major faction... maybe then Charzon could have some use alive. But since the SO won't be going major, it will have to wait. She would then bring the Mateus over with her and become some admiral for that Sith faction. That is, provided there was some way for the Sith faction to extract her from jail.

One would think that a Sith faction would have an IC use for a fleeter that turned rogue.

Matreya

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

While I sometimes find your approach to the site and its story telling laughable, I can offer assistance. To date Damien has been assaulted by Rave Merrill, survived, had a hefty bounty for himself, was sought after by the Fringe for crimes he never committed, been blasted to pieces, etcetera.

I have gone above and beyond to make Damien a survivor.

I now offer him up. There are a few ways I could approach this. Have Damien and she become companions, always by each others side. Work for Merr-Sonn, and thus be able to hire some of my damned powerful Zerstören droids with some SARRAH AIs and some badass guns as protectors.

Or, as the most epic last step. Change who you are. To date Damien has used molecular contortion to alter a being from one end of the spectrum to basically the opposite, has changed faces, added gills, removed the need for legs, and even transferred his own Spirit to new bodies. He could alter your body, or simply all together give you a new one.

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
[member="Velok the Younger"] The problem with the First Order is that they seem not to have any more tolerance for genocide perpetrators than the Silvers do. And, while dark-sided, I would not consider them a Sith faction.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Velok the Younger said:
[member="Klesta"]
Heheheh
giphy.gif

And yet the only use I could have for Charzon alive by now would require a Sith major faction, which the First Order is not, especially since I would like to have her retain her flagship as a fleeter. To her genocide is not a tool of piracy, more like a scorched-earth kind of thing. Like Directive 12 on Coruscant.

The Sith alone would think that an admiral titled "Butcher of Korriban" would be a cool thing to possess, especially since her flagship will still be the very ship she used on Korriban. She might have led the forlorn hope of the Republic in Omega, in an attempt to lure the enemy out to her position and let other elements break in at the center.

[member="Natasi Fortan"] All I know about Sanya Val Swift and Ali Hadrix is that they committed faction-hurting crimes at Roche. But what exactly are these crimes? How are they different from 10k civilian casualties?

Avicus DuSang

The Patron Saint of Heartache
Natasi Fortan said:
[member="Charzon Loulan"]

Why would I clarify -- so you can go out and do something even more randomly violent and damaging in your futile quest to become relevant? I'm gonna pass.
As a Sith in the First Order, I'll also have to pass.

Sorry, girl.

[member="Charzon Loulan"]

As you have awarded this to Connor already, my response may be moot. I will likely offer my assistance to Connor and the Silvers.

Anyway, my option to 'end Charzon' would be the redemptive route. The hook is that I (the writer) just came back right after your atrocity happened, and so I am using Korriban as the hook that brought Dair out of his self imposed exile on Midvinter. If he had his druther, he would track you down, and either convince you to return to the Silvers to face their justice. If you went willingly, he would promise you that you will at least live through the trial, and receive a fair trial. Then we could have fun getting back to the Silvers while half the galaxy tries to capture or kill you.

That all can still happen with Connor, though.

Either way, if you aren't dead set ( :p ) on killing her off, I'd say let her live at least through a trial or capture attempt. Some of the most powerful writing on this board, and in novels are redemptive stories where a person tries their best to atone for past actions. It's something everyone can relate to in. Some way.

Now that the trial is underway, I have to revisit the question.

The only long-term use I would have had for a live Charzon in the future may not even materialize, so I am not sure anymore.

Because my judgment has failed on too many occasions, and that, given Charzon's crimes, the outcome may have board-wide implications, I'd rather not decide by myself.

However I have 2 conditions for any would-be killers:
  1. Charzon's death is to occur in a thread separate from the trial itself
  2. Charzon's body is to be permanently exposed in a conspicuous location in Korriban City

[member="Isamu Baelor"] Yet I always saw it as making more plot sense to have Charzon's body permanently exposed in downtown Korriban City (or another equivalent location so long as it is within Korriban City's limits) because the crime was one committed in Korriban City, provided Charzon is actually killed.

That said, I have to add a third condition: Charzon's death must occur within Korriban City's limits.

But I always saw Roche (the most recent comparable I can think of) as being more similar to Korriban than different: they both involved genocidal killings of innocent civilians.

Let me put it this way: You can't kill 10,000 innocent people and expect to get out alive. Whether executed or hunted down, Charzon realistically won't live. If you didn't want to kill the character, well, she probably shouldn't have given that order.

I'd be happy to murder her for you. It's just business, never personal.

The Galaxy rarely gets to enjoy a good bit of blood sport between two people who have committed genocide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom