Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community Insight: Do we need any sub-forums for anything?

I always get scared I'm missing something so far as the architecture of this website goes. Is any forum's pace outmatching the others by a long shot to the point that we need to break it down into subforums/multiple forums?

For instance, do we need a Looking For Group forum for the RP Discussion forum, and then force an announcement that says RP Discussion is for Discussion of currently existing roleplays and Looking For Group is for recruiting people for roleplays, anything like that?

I feel like stuff might be going under my notice as far as forums getting swarmed, etc.

Valerie Re'Daull

Val'Rain Sekairo in Disguise
Cain Laatl said:
Can we get a subforum specifically for people who have questions about the site or any questions about rp or starwars.
We do have the Learning Center, and I think another one that handles that kind of stuff...
But if we get more questions of a similar type, subforms within those could be useful.
For EX: One for PvP related questions, one for Invasions/Dominions/Skrimishes, one for creating factions, etc. Just things that we got plenty of questions on.

No. Our Site is successful because of the way it is. Don't attempt to fix something that isn't currently broken, unless there is a solution proven to be superior. Which would be very difficult to do, because our system seems to be working great.

Darth Voracitos said:
No. Our Site is successful because of the way it is. Don't attempt to fix something that isn't currently broken, unless there is a solution proven to be superior. Which would be very difficult to do, because our system seems to be working great.
Things which don't work however...get broken.

I have to say, we kinda have a Looking For Group Subform in Role-playing discussion. And while I would use it if it existed, I'm not sure it's needed, though. More convenient than anything. A questions form, though, I could see. I still don't know where to post some.

@[member="Tamara"]

This was going to be awesome but I'm not waiting any more, lol. So when it fits...

This:

yC6uPsP.gif

I've seen this before, and I think with everything that goes on in this forum it might be a thing to have - forum(s) for, say, IC breaking news, and character interviews. The Galactic News Network could really be a thing! I've been considering this, especially since I got roped into making a reporter. I was thinking about it, and as much as GNN could just be a 'minor faction', I personally think everyone should be able to see the news, easily.

Just saying. It could be neat to have.

Darth Voracitos said:
Depends on your standard of success. Our site and community is still "growing" because of innovation. And half the time, you don't know something is superior until you try it.

Being afraid of change is natural, but if we want to avoid stagnation, we're going to have to keep trying new things. New things like a crappy little new forum to smash all your LFG posts in.

Perhaps I'm wrong then, I seem to be an element of stagnation in a lot of areas.

Go for it, try it out for like a month or something and see whether or not its useful. I'm just worried the site will get too organized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom