Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Come on Over for Dinner [First Order & Commonwealth]

Tanomas Graf

T
Graf chuckled lightly when [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] greeted him "It's admiral now, that little stunt during Omega really got me in." He said "How have you been healing up? I heard your command ship got destroyed, tough little boat.". Their little conversation was interrupted once the Grand Moff came up to them, "I've been in hundreds of battles, a social event can't be that much worse." He said dryly, observing the crowd until he had seen who he was looking for.

He watched as [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] arrived and sat down at a table with another woman, presumably her daughter. Graf was about to join her until he spotted [member="Natasi Fortan"] swoop in and engage her in conversation, he decided to let it be for now, he still had an entire evening.

Hunting down the right drink was an arduous task, on his vessels he was always within reach of a nice alcoholic beverage, but here there were all sorts of sparkly cocktails and tame beer. The old man wanted something strong, he wanted a spirit damnit, and he was going to find it. After a few good minutes of walking in between scattered persons, he finally sidetracked a waiter and promptly picked up a glass of brandy, staring into the boy's eyes with acknowledgment.

Tanomas circled the room a few times, scoping out for others that would possibly engage in a not-so one sided conversation.

Sam pouted and crossed her arms at [member="Wolf"], "You... You do realise I didn't have much of a choice there!" She knew it was a jest but it was embarrassing that her first impression to [member="Sara Lee Jones"] would be with this titbit. Nonetheless, a thin smile graced her lips to let present company know nothing was being taken personally. "It's not my fault the rest of you couldn't keep up and I didn't want to attack her and end up like you!" She gestured to Wolf's useless legs. "I'm good but I knew the ancient dead Sith Lord was probably better. For the moment."

Clearing her throat and resuming a more diplomatic posture and tone, Sam nodded at the pilot girl. "You were all very brave to fight in the skies that day. Without you and your ilk, we wouldn't have made it to the planet's surface and the galaxy would look very different." Knowing Sara was one of those who had fought in Omega earned the pilot some instant respect in Sam's eyes.

When the topic moved to her own health, Sam instinctively brushed her free hand against her chest to feel the heart beat beneath her flesh. "I died but other than that I was fine," she joked. For a moment Sam was tempted to tell the man of her deathly experience, how she'd seen a vision of her childhood best friend reappear and somehow resuscitate her but something stopped her. It was too unbelievable, too close to her own personal feelings. It was too easy to dismiss as a hallucination despite knowing somehow the girl who appeared was real and speaking to her. So Sam settled on a simple answer. "Once the weapon exploded my heart rate returned to normal. Odd that it took so long to get back to normality but I'm alive and seemingly without long term health problems so I can't complain," she looked over Wolf's legs and hoverchair again. It was bizarre to see someone she knew become crippled. He seemed in good spirits but that could be a mask for the occasion, perhaps it would be kinder for her to stop bringing attention to it. She did hope he recovered soon.

"And, um, Sam." There was a pause and she blushed slightly as she gave Wolf permission to use a shortened version of her name. "You may call me Sam if you wish. You have earned it." Nobody within the First Order or Knights of Ren had used her shortened name. Ever. A few people she'd developed friendly relations with outside the Supreme Leader's followers had but this would be something new.

skin, bone, and arrogance
"I could hop," Pierce said defensively, an embarrassed chuckle escaping him. He hadn't pictured himself trying to get across the room carrying two drinks; it wouldn't work. "Can't a man have any secrets? I'll just have whatever you're having," he said to [member="Lilith Sedarri"]. "I should probably lay of the scotch until I get rid of these silly sticks? But I'll come with you." There was a little bing and the elevator carriage stopped, then the doors opened and revealed the large bar lobby. As he hobbled out of the elevator with his crutches and his date, he scanned the crowd, spotting [member="Roderik von Brinkerhoff"] and [member="Sioux Chambers"] across the room, before turning his attention to the room at hand.

It was without a doubt once of the most well-appointed rooms he had seen, and it seemed fitting that Pierce was attending with a beautiful woman. Pierce didn't know Lilith well, but to his eyes she seemed to belong in a setting like this. It was luxurious without being decadent, elegant without being overbearing. He followed her across to the bar, his crutches squeaking on the polished floor with every impact. He withdrew a few credit bills and stuffed them into the tip jar. "You are a gentleman and a scholar, madam," he told her. "There's the Colonel and his friend Ms. Chamber. Shall we say hello?"

He nodded across the room towards Roderik and Sioux.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Sioux entered with the Colonel, her eyes taking in the large room. Being in Natasi Fortan's entourage, and walking out with a senior officer in the First Order Starfighter Corps gave her the opportunity to see and experience a lot of interesting things, but as someone who came from a middle-class background, the lifestyles of the wealthy were one of the most enjoyable things for her to experience. She wore an off-the-rack dress but was enjoying a designer experience. Sioux snatched a glass of champagne from a passing waiter and asked for him to return with a glass of ice water for [member="Roderik von Brinkerhoff"].

"He's not going to like you if you say that in front of him," Sioux said with a smile as she idly reached out to touch a leaf in one of the long planters in the center of the lobby. "Oh, it's real," she said with a delighted tone. The waiter had no sooner returned with the water than Sioux spotted [member="Pierce Fortan III"] staggering in on his crutches, chatting to a beautiful blond woman. "There he is," said Sioux as she handed the water over to Roderik with a cocktail napkin. "Poor dear. I sometimes think I still have bruises under my arms from my crutches, and my accident was fifteen years ago."

Jude Falkrowe said:
"Jacen and Sasha. I am glad to hear that. There is, of course, plenty of where this came from. The First Order has been recently thriving and has provided good life for its citizens. I, personally, am a product of that. " He said with the smirk still on his face as he took a sip of his drink. There was nothing wrong in judging loyalty in a subtle manner. Answers were truly found not when a question had been asked but in the middle of nonchalant conversations. "That is a boring topic, though, I am sure military personnel such as you have equal privileges such as this back in the Commonwealth."
Jacen paused a moment and blinked at Jay, then took a slow sip from his beer. After taking the beer from his lips, he glanced at Sasha with a raised eyebrow, then back at Jay.

'This conversation is sounding strange.' Jacen thought to himself during his pause.

"Privileges..." Jacen said with a small smile as he pointedly looked around, then at his and Sasha's uniforms. "Jay, I work for a living. The only reason I have time for these privileges here is because I received orders to attend." He remarked with a gentle laugh, not mocking at all.

'Not to mention that my platoon is on alert on our ship in case this turns out to be other than what it seems.' Jacen thought to himself, almost wishing he was up there with them. The Sergeant at his side being the sole reason he currently preferred being planetside.

[member="Jude Falkrowe"] | [member="sasha starkos"]

Valessia Brentioch

V
Valessia hadn't been at any of the battles. She wondered what she was doing here, as she flipped through the menu. [member="Sumiko Tanaka"] had declined to go along with her and so the Lady Brentioch arrived stag to the event. Swallowing hard she looked about the ballroom as she crossed the threshold, she spotted [member="Marzena Choi"] first. Marzena was pregnant and suddenly Valessia wanted to retreat. Her heart began to pick up in pace and she stood there reminding herself that nobody else in this room was aware that she had a child, and that now that child was with her other biological parent, Siobhan Kerrigan. Eyeing the wine that was floating among the servers, she took a glass from one of the trays and walked through the room. Wondering why once more, she was here, what was it that she could do? Organize more contracts? Authorize more shipyards, bring in more materials so that their war machine could continue onward.

Then from the corner of her eye, she spotted the leader of the Commonwealth, [member="Horus"]. He, of course, stood out among the other guests here as did the other members of the Commonwealth [member="Sasha [/SIZE][SIZE=14px]Starkos[/SIZE][SIZE=14px]"] and [member="Jacen Konshu"]. She hadn't had the pleasure of meeting with either one of them before, and with them, she saw someone else. [member="[/FONT]Jude [/SIZE][SIZE=14px]Falkrowe[/SIZE][SIZE=14px]"], again she hadn't had the pleasure of meeting him. Taking a deep breath she looked at her glass of wine and set it back down on one of the wandering trays. Diplomacy, talk, charm and charisma these were abilities that she possessed. Abilities that on a night such as this could be used to the First Order's advantage. Then again she knew no one else here but Marzena, [member="Natasi [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT='trebuchet ms'][SIZE=14px]Fortan[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=14px][FONT='trebuchet ms']"] who looked to be busy talking with others and [member="Ludolf Vaas"].

Instead of standing there like a fool, Valessia decided to head for the bar and perhaps drown herself in it tonight, perhaps.

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Good, I'm not the only one feeling a bit uncomfortable here with this vein of questioning from this Jay guy, Sash mused as [member="Jacen Konshu"] and her exchanged the briefest of glances. She was glad he was there with her for more reasons than one; easy on the eyes, and a fellow soldier should something come up.

The spirited Corellisi swirled the single ice cube around in her nearly empty glass of whiskey as her comrade answered the rather slick dirty blonde's inquiry. Were most First Order peeps like him, always having a second agenda on the back burner? The redhead doubted very much [member="Jude Falkrowe"] was trying to pick her up. Maybe dissect her was more like it. She wouldn't put it past their hosts to be checking out the guests. It's what the Commonwealth would do if places were changed.

Dark jade eyes raised from staring at the amber liquid in the glass held in her gloved hand, then Sasha adjusted the military dress hat that was tucked under her other arm.

"To each their own… I personally don't need these kind of privileges to enjoy life. Simple is better in my opinion," Sash replied with a small smile, then downed the remaining whiskey that was left in the glass; careful not to let the ice cube clunk too much when bringing the empty glass back down.

"So Jay… If I may be so bold to ask, what do you do for the First Order since you are a product of this thriving faction?"

[member="Horus"] [member="Zee"] [member="Valessia Brentioch"]

His blue eyed gaze sat on Jaster as the man spoke, "I serve on Conglomerate Prime, my adopted home world and a production world for the Order, I am more interested in your home world however, I heard that Alexadria is very enjoyable this time of year." There was a moment of silence where Horus didn't answer, he had become distracted. There was something innately unnerving for Horus about being seated while a man in heavy armor stood over him. He wondered briefly if this is what it felt like to be on the wrong end of a CNI interrogation.

"Yes, it is enjoyable this time of year," Horus said but commented no further. He wasn't about to start spilling information on his homeworld. What many in the galaxy didn't realize is that the Commonwealth had just emerged from ten-thousand years of isolation, they had no idea who these people were. They were total strangers, this planet and its cities alien, its culture and society foreign. Horus felt protective of Alexandria, and of any galactic entities that knew of its true location were none.

While the Galactic Alliance had indeed visited Alexandria, they had done so under unknown navigation coordinates controlled by the Home Fleet of the Commonwealth. Yes, Alexandria is enjoyable this time of year, not that you'd ever see, Horus thought to himself. "Do tell," Horus began, "How did Conglomerate Prime come to serve the First Order?" It was small talk and nothing more. His eyes wandered briefly once more to Sasha and Jacen, and the man with them.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Jude chuckled at the duo's response to his earlier statement as his eyes scanned the crowd briefly before turning back at the two soldiers of the Commonwealth besides him. He noticed that his glass empty and gestured for the bartender to give him another one of the same before he began speaking to the guests.

"We all do work for a living, do we not, Mr. Jacen ?" That signature smirk of his never moving from his face, not even for a moment. "I do too. And I've been raised to cherish the simple life." Jude's eyes fell upon Sasha. "That's, of course, until you see beyond that. This." The agent gestured at the crowd that gathered here to prove his point even further. "Is simple life, as well. Very simple at that, as well." He paused. "It's all a matter of perspective."

Jude grabbed the filled up drink from the bartender gracefully and took a sip while feeling the discomfort that the duo of the Commonwealth were feeling, perhaps a mix of Jude's intrusion and the whole event. The little he knew of the Commonwealth was their isolationist nature, Jude believed that would also be a factor to stimulate their reluctance to anything outlandish to their own traditions and whatnot. Nonetheless, their closure was not a dead end. Not at all.

"I am an industrialist, Miss." Jude's glance skipped between the two. "I live a simple life." He chuckled. What a lie. The agent's eyes fell upon the empty glass that Sasha played with in her hand and he nodded at the bartender. "Drinks for our Commonwealth guests, please. They've seem to have liked our taste for alcohol." His head tilted back towards the duo. "So, let's be honest here, you want to tell me that you do not enjoy such events back home in the Commonwealth ? No soldiers to be awarded ?" Tiny bits of information gathered through small talk often ended up as the missing pieces of a larger puzzle. For a moment, he hated himself. The Security Bureau had gone way under his skin.

[member="Jacen Konshu"] | [member="Sasha Starkos"]​

[member="Horus"]

Jaster wished he could delve deeper into the knowlage that was outside his understanding. He had spend half his life dedicated to the study and navigation of the Unknown region. To have a planet that he missed was thee most frustrating thing that could happen to the man. Now that planet was becoming a galactic nation? His interest outweighed his frustration and behind his glowing red eyes and solid Faceplate and Helmet, he giddiness was hidden well. The planet would have to wait though, they still seemed wary twords outsiders and many of the galaxies knowlage was aliens to them, maybe even his original Homeworld of Mandalor would stand out more then most. It was good though that Jaster was more mellow then his brothers and sister that placed him in exile so long ago. Yet he needed to escape his thought of his past, the Lord Admiral had asked him a question.

Joining the Order? An rather different question then most had asked, most were what Conglomerate Prime had to offer or what defences they had. He then realized the man looked a bit uneasy about staring up at an armored figure, or maybe the man was uneasy about just being here talking to a Governor, and not the Grand Moff. His voice opened up, "Well I first must apologies about my appearance, many are unsettled by this armor, but it is the only thing that keeps me from deaths grasp, I have an illness that requires me to be protected from outside elements," He placed his right hand on his chest and bowed, the man may not have realized but that was a Mandalorians equivalent to a appoligy, he realized that the action may seem a little alien and recovered. "As for our union with the Order, we agreed to an Annexation, protection from other nations who wish to harm us, in exchange my Trading Company produces raw goods and supplies to their people, my company has Mines and farms all over the Zuma Sector, and along the Samctuary Pipeline."

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
Carlyle nodded at [member="Tanomas Graf"], "Aye, the Vindicator was nearly destroyed. Lost nearly half the karking crew, if it weren't for those Commonwealth people, we'd have lost it all. Still, though, congratulations on the promotion, you outdid yourself." Carlyle said, only pausing to listen to [member="Natasi Fortan"]. When she whisked away, the captain scratched his head, "Commodore, who could she-?" then it clicked. "Commodore? Commodore?! I've been promoted!?" He bellowed, doing a small victory jig. However his sense returned to him, and he turned to a rather shocked waiter, and snatched a flute filled with champagne. Perhaps this night had been worth it after all? Who would know what else was in mind for him. The newly minted commodore shot across the room, trying to find [member="Horus"], and when he did, he found him occupied with [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]. Politely nodding his head, he approached the duo, "Mind if I slip in here gentlemen?" he asked.

The man had picked up on Horus' discomfort. Although he was skeptical of Conglomerate Prime's annexation, he made a positive remark on it nonetheless. He didn't want to be rude, "A good deal, son." Personally Horus would have gone down fighting before a foreign government ruled Alexandria, and he knew every Alexandrian in this room would do the same. They were as diverse as any people, but they all shared the same blood. Ten thousand years of isolation mean't most modern day Alexandrians shared the same ancestors, they viewed each other as brethren. Their bond was strong. Their patriotism ruthless.

Horus' head turned to Carlyle, "I don't mind at all." The Lord Admiral immediately recognized the beat in this mans step, something exciting had just happened, good news no doubt. A warm smile spread across the elderly mans lips. Now more than ever did it show how tired and exhausted he was, dark bags sagging beneath his eyes. "Horus, Lord of Admirals, I administer the Commonwealth Home Fleet and HOMECOM, I am also the representative of the Commonwealth Navy on the Security Council." Though little was known of the Commonwealth as a nation, Home Fleet was rumored to be a super-fleet that guarded the Alexandrian capital and in its ten-thousand year history it had never left its post. Alexandria was their fortress in the stars, and Home Fleet its protective phalanx.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] | [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

Carlyle almost dropped the flute, his mouth hit the floor. He'd known senior Commonwealth military staff were attending, but not the man himself. He straightened himself up, put the flute down, and saluted. "Capt-" he corrected himself. "Commodore Carlyle Rausgeber of Battlegroup Imperator." he said, "I owe you a great deal sir," he said, "Me and all my men do, if it weren't for your work out there, I'd have lost more of my crew." he said, mind rushing over what to do next. "Bugger, bugger, bugger," he turned behind him, scanning the crowd for , "Admiral, sir, if you wouldn't mind, I know some of my officers are here, men and women you rescued, I'm sure they'd love to see you again." he said, before turning to Jaster, "Apologies, sir, but, this man is a legend, and an inspiration to us all. My men simply have to see him." He said, "That's, if he wants to."

[member="Horus"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

The words warmed his heart. "A pleasure to meet you, Commodore," Horus said, extending a hand for a firm handshake. Although Horus had never intentionally placed effort into his handshakes he was routinely praised for them. As a younger man he had thought it was hilarious when the older officials remarked on his excellent handshake, as an elderly man himself, he saw it as a point of pride. Perhaps it had something to do with his iron-lung grandfather, the old sailor had always emphasized the respect of a mans handshake.

His eyes darted from Carlyle to Jaster at the mention of dragging him away from conversation. "My apologies Governor, but duties call," Horus said, happily accepting the invitation by Carlyle. "You know," Horus said as he gingerly stood, the spooks beside him made no attempt to join Horus but they kept their eyes glued on him. "When the Mandalorians called me dishonorable for my act I thought it ironic, for I was performing the highest honor one could do - saving the lives of strangers. Nothing compelled me to save your crews lives but that of duty. We're sailors, and we look out for each other."

Horus humbly gave a nod of his head in affirmation of what he just spoke, standing beside Carlyle now, "Sailors in an ocean of stars." Although whispers spoke of Horus like an immense figurehead, a giant in battle, a man who commanded respect of all his crew, one thing was wrong. He was not as tall as many would have others believe. He was not the six-foot-five monstrous being many made him out to be, in fact he was quite noticeably shorter than Carlyle, standing at five-foot-nine. With a smooth hand over his barren scalp, he placed his cap back onto his head and agreed to follow Carlyle to meet the men and women he had helped save.

[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

Carlyle nodded, and lead Horus from the governor through throngs of First Order dignitaries and officers. Carlyle glanced back at the Admiral ever so often, making sure that [member="Horus"] was still in sight. "I concur, the Mandolorians have a rather interesting idea about morality, don't they? Bloody brutes the lot of them." he paused to hear what the admiral had to say, and nodded. "I wish there were more like you in the Galaxy sir. I'm sure if the Alliance, Silver Jedi or Mandolorians had their chance, they'd have picked off our escape pods one by one." The commodore paused, and looked at one of the taller officers, he was about six foot three, and had slicked black blonde hair. He turned back to the commodore.

"Ah captain," he said in a smooth voice, he was attired in the uniform of a lieutenant. He didn't look too old, about thirty at the most, and had a bushy moustache that'd make Winslow proud. His left arm was in a sling, and he smiled, "Who is this?" he asked, motioning to Horus.

"Lieutenant Gunther, this is Lord of Admirals Horus Nelson." He said, "Admiral, this is Lieutenant Gunther Weil."

Gunther stood up straight, and rigid, watching the admiral carefully. His breaths hitched, and he became visibly emotional, "Sir, sir, you have no idea how happy I am to see you!" He bellowed, tears welling in his eyes. The taller man reached around the admiral, consuming him in a warm bear hug, "You have no idea how happy I am to see you sir!" He said, crying into his shoulder tears of joy, "Because of you, I-I got to see my girls again. I thought we were dead, so karking dead, and then you..." He pulled away with a sniffle, and patted the admiral on the shoulder with his arm, "I-I owe you everything." he said, before wiping his eyes.

Carlyle watched the exchange with a small smile on his face, "Seen anyone else here Lieutenant?" Carlyle asked.

"Yessir," he said, reverting back to a militaristic demeanour, "Ensigns Dunkirn and Welch, as well as Captain Albrecht and Gunnery."

"Do you know where they-" Carlyle began before being interrupted.

Already Gunther had rounded and begun to yell across the room, "Dunny, Albrecht, over here!" He bellowed in a warm voice, "We have someone to meetcha!"

Valessia Brentioch

V
Valessia could either sit there and drink herself silly all night or get up and do something. Setting the wine down she swapped it out for sparkling water and made her way across the ballroom. She noted that [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] had occupied the Lord Admiral [member="Horus"] of the Commonwealth. She did however still see [member="Sasha [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT='trebuchet ms'][SIZE=14px]Starkos"] and [member="Jude [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT='trebuchet ms'][SIZE=14px]Falkrowe"] speaking with one another along with the other member of the Commonwealth. "Excuse me," she says asserting herself between Starkos and Falkrowe, "Valessia Brentioch, Representative of the First Order. Welcome to Dosuun," she says to Sasha and then [member="Jacen Konshu"], "certainly hope you've been enjoying the evening here." She looks at Jude for a moment and excuses herself again, "my apologies I overheard you were an industrialist? With which corporation might I ask?"

Zee was not a personal assistant. However, she'd been assigned not only to guard the Lord of Admirals, but also to do as he asked. While she wasn't thrilled with being sent out hither and yon, she also understood what her role here tonight actually was. And it wasn't that of a simple body guard.

She didn't argue. Simply nodded. The sweet white was easy to procur for [member="Horus"], and even easier to deliver. She had watched as they had poured it, requiring a taste first (of course one tasted wine, how else could she know if it was the kind the Admiral liked if she didn't taste it first? Or something like that anyway).

It wasn't that she thought this place was truly unsafe, that Horus himself were in particular danger. Just that there was deeper programing that, even if she had been aware of it as a strangeness, she couldn't turn off even if she'd tried.

After delivering the drink, she threaded her way through the crowd. Coming up on the trio of Sasha, Jacen and the unknown man, the petite woman was easy to miss in the throng. She listened for a moment from a meter back before joining them.

Her voice cut in to the conversation after the stranger's question.

"Being a good soldier, doing ones duty, is it's own reward though, yes? The military is the rock the Commonwealth is built on, after all. We consider the kinds of bravery that others might reward as common facts."

She nodded hellos to [member="Sasha Starkos"] and [member="Jacen Konshu"]. Sharp, grey-green eyes looked up at [member="Jude Falkrowe"] then, calculating, assessing. While her tone was casual and conversational, there were layers of meaning. She wasn't parroting propaganda. Game recognized game.

[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] [member="Horus"]

Jaster was a little upset when the Naval Officer appeared and acted like a small child. His lack of restraint and discipline in front of a guest of the Order was something he usurally stand for. He understood though, he was once a soldier, meeting someone who saved your life and those you cared about. Soldiers lost all discipline in the face of their saviors and heros, unless those heros were commanding officer, then that demanded respect. Jaster just stood there as the newly appointed Commodore and the Lord Admiral spoke, he just stood over them not making a move.

The Admiral and Commodore excused themselves, Jaster only responded, "Not at all Admiral, enjoy, the banquet are for you, the heros of the Galaxy, and Commodore-" They practical bolted before Jaster could finish his sentence, "Congratulations on the promotion." He whispered to himself.

This time he was not upset, but slightly amused. It reminded him when he served as an admiral for the Healer Guild, he avoided Politicians like the plague. He just shook his head and returned to his sheathing are, he was a low level Governor of a newly annexed planet, he knew not very many people should be interested to speak with him.

Progflaw99

Lilith gave the man a sweet smile. She knew he would have tried too, despite his crutches. She nodded as he conceded, happy to get drinks for the both of them. As the couple made their way out of the elevator her eyes followed Pierce's gaze, landing on a pair across the room. That is what he'd meant when he said a mustache. She had to hold back a giggle, raising her hand to her mouth briefly. Next to the man, obviously [member="Roderik von Brinkerhoff"], she saw a woman. Presumably that would be [member="Sioux Chambers"].

After spotting them Pierce began making his way to the bar, Lilith followed close behind, nimbly avoiding several small groups of people meandering about. She supposed that this must be the cocktail hour, before the main bulk of the dinner and ceremony. As Pierce managed to stuff some money into the tip jar Lilith requested two glasses of Moscato. It wasn't a heavy drink and was on the sweeter side of the spectrum as far as wine went. It would be a good starter at the very least and she could grab the pair refills if Pierce wanted a moment to himself. Lifting the glasses as she turned to face her date for the evening she raised an eyebrow.

"Well you sir are quite the gentleman yourself." Looking towards the pair across the room and motioning with a glass for Pierce to lead the way she prepared to follow. "Let's! I'm dying to meet them." She leaned in close to Pierce's ear. "I see what you mean about the mustache." A smile once more graced her features as she leaned back and waited for him to head off.

[member="Pierce Fortan III"]​

Ludolf smiled down at [member="Asharad Graush"]. The tinge of sarcasm that colored the Colonel's last statement did not go unnoticed by the Supreme Commander.

"You're a terrible liar, Graush," Vaas said, in a playfully stern manner. He imagined that A'sharad would like to be any place but here, especially considering he was sitting alone. "But you should be excited. You are one of the men of the hour, after all."

Soon the awards would be unfurled, courtesy of Vaas himself, who would be presenting them. Of course, the Grand Moff would make her speech first. In the meantime, he needed to find the table for himself and Marzena. If Ludolf was hungry, which he was, he could only imagine what [member="Marzena Choi"] was feeling.

"Try to enjoy yourself, Colonel," Ludolf said, with another one of his characteristic half-smiles. "You're welcome at our table with myself and Marzena, if you like."

And with that, he turned away from the Sith Colonel and made for his designated seat, with Marzena in tow. He would explain to Marzena later about A'sharad's role in helping him to safety during his accident. Now was not the time. As for their seats, the Supreme Commander and his fiancee' were perched on a large circular table that was right next to the podium, where the awards would be given.

"I'm not sure either of us can mingle any further without dinner," Ludolf announced to Marzena as he pulled his fiancee's chair out for her, seeing that she already had an hors d'ouvre in her hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom