Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Colours of the Lightsabers

Just a putting up a fun little discussion to get to know your character(s). A little bit of character development prompt, don't have to answer all the questions, or none at all.

What colour/style is your character's lightsaber? (link codex or references to sabers)

Why did you choose it for your character OoC? Why did your character choose that IC?

Is there any significance to the colour/style of choice?

What is your character's favourite colour and why? What is your favourite colour and why.

What lightsaber styles/colours did they have in the past?

What colour/style is your character's lightsaber?

Zach | Caden | Cairan

Why did you choose it for your character OoC? Why did your character choose that IC?

Zach - He nicked it, genuinely. There wasn't a lot more to it than that, it's a lightsaber stolen from a slave owner and thus purple was just the colour it came.

Caden - I throughly enjoy the more ornate style of Caden's weapon. I think originally his lightsaber was always written as green cause he was supposed to be the more in tune with the force type of Jedi. Through the process of LOA's and genuinely forgetting it was green plus getting him mixed up with Kei, it became yellow cause I personally just think yellow blades look cool.

Cairan - Red = Bad Guy. Battered hilt just matches his personality.

Answered all three above to be fair. Think the answer to most of them is not really lmao.

What is your character's favourite colour and why? What is your favourite colour and why.

Zach - Red, cause it's regal innit.

Caden - Yellow, cause peace.

Cairan - Black like his soul

Suprisingly none have had other sabers yet. I always imagine before it was bled Cairan would have had a blue blade to be fair.

Valery's story started in a SWTOR RP guild, where her lightsaber color started as blue! It was meant to represent the more classic Jedi Guardian vibes because Valery was the Padawan of the "Master Guardian", the title we gave to the head of the Jedi Guardians. She later joined that specialization herself and it's where she developed a lot of her leadership and combative skills.

But later during her time as a Padawan, she got the scar across the left side of her face on New Cov when her overconfidence/arrogance made her rush into a situation she couldn't handle on her own. She lost her lightsaber there and had to return to Ilum for a new crystal.

The crystal was purple this time, rather than blue, and it represented the inner turmoil inside her. The color stayed since :)

A man can change his stars
It was partial symbolism of him being a "Padadin/Defender" individual. Blue is the Jedi Guardian crystal color and thus easier to use. Character wise though, Kale has been for the longest time under the idea that he needs to fill someone's shoes that aren't his. (Father, Master Romi Jade, Idol Coren Starchaser, etc) so he originally followed the color of just your typical blue. Recently, his most current iteration of a personal lightsaber was with a more unique crystal for a deeper blue color of Azure. instead of the almost sky blue. Deeper blues for the idea that while he will always be a Jedi, he has darker thoughts, and doubts about himself. . If it changes again, then I will. Otherwise, likely will always be blue. Kale's favorite color though, is actually the purple color palate.

What colour/style is your character's lightsaber? (link codex or references to sabers

The Ren Lightsaber

I chose it for Jin/Detritus Ren as 1. I always liked the Crossguard style of lightsabers ever since TFA. 2. I wanted to recreate The Ren Lightsaber from canon with a new twist. 3. I wanted to create a weapon that was once used for justice, but overtime would be corrupted by dark influences. Detritus chose it as he felt the Crossguard design was familiar during his early years as an Imperial Knight within the NIO. He chose a Crossguard due to the unique, yet familiar style. A shining silver blade once to vanquish dark side enemies, only to later become corrupted when Detritus fell to the dark side.

Yes. Crossguard being an ancient and unique saber design not seen commonly. The Crossguard providing an extra edge due to the vents being used in attack or defense. The color of orange represents the dark side nature that Detritus evolves from. The orange color was created upon bleeding his slain best friend’s Kyber Crystal. A silver crystal once only to crack and turn into a fiery orange. It shows Detritus conflict with his past, as well as a different approach as the bleeding of the crystal wasn’t fully done. The orange crystal representing a unique dark path for the Master of Ren as he seeks to destroy both Jedi and Sith. The orange color also took inspiration from the mercenary Dark Jedi duo of Baylan Skoll and Shin Hati, and the orange blades featured in Star Wars Legends as well as other sources like Jedi: Fallen Order.

I would have to say Detritus’s colors would be black and orange. Black due to the color of his robes, the all consuming darkness. Orange would have to be because his best friend would always be with him. The Kyber that he turned to orange would always be with him, he would always take his best friend, Hans with him no matter where. Orange also represents his unique path walking a dark side that isn’t the Sith. Mine are Green and Red. Green because I associate with nature and tranquil colors. Red representing rage, power, wrath. A color that looks all consuming.

The Crossguard style never changed. But when Detritus was Jin Kyrel Knight of the New Imperial Order, he would wield a silver blade along with his Crossguard. The silver blade represented his devotion towards peace, justice, and Imperial ideals being used for good rather than evil.

Be careful what you wish for.
Caltin -
Long Handle mostly made of Electrum. I've always been a fan of Darth Maul's lightsaber, not necessarily because of the dual blades (though let's be honest, LOL it's pretty cool) but the "sword" feel (especially in the scene in Episode 1 where he just stands there in the Tatooine sands watching the Naboo ship fly away). One other reason for the choice is, because... well... look at Caltin. He's massive and a normal size saber doesn't really serve him well. So he normally has "Conservator" clipped over his back like a Katana when not in use.

He has a secondary that is "Vanguard" that is actually a dual blade just like Maul's saber.

Connel -
I haven't decided yet if I am going to pivot or not with him on that, but he had a regular lightsaber and a short saber "Alpha" and "Omega". I am writing him as someone who prefers speed over power. He is never going to be as big as his father (Captain Obvious moment) so why try?

Why did you choose it for your character OoC?
See above

Why did your character choose that IC?
For the most part, see above. Caltin also tried a light club and felt like a Neanderthal.

More homage to the "Guardian" archtype for the both of them, though when I finally left SWTOR, Caltin had a "Sovereign Gold/Blue edge" crystal, so I wrote him coming across and finding a "Heart of the Guardian" crystal and adding it to the chamber alongside his "permafrost" crystal.

Blue - no idea
Same

Caltin's secondary has a purple with white edge crystal in it.

I don't have one on this character, not yet at least, but I've always been attracted to Dooku's curved hilt saber. It may because I'm just a major Christopher Lee fan even outside of Star Wars, but it's always been the best to me. Couple that with the in-universe lore that it's meant to emphasize his mastery over Form II, a style created solely to combat lightsaber wielding opponents, and I just can't help myself.

As for color, I'm an Expanded Universe guy. My mind goes to the colors associated with the characters from the books and original movies. Blue lightsabers were generally used by the more brave and daring characters, yellow by the more adventurous and empathetic, and green by those closest to the Force. Green has always been my go to since I always like those characters the best.

That said, you can't beat classic Sith red.

Lucy / Claire ~ Ruby and "Clear" ~ Both single handed sabers

The Ruby blade was originally her mothers. OOC, I just thought it was pretty. The clear blade is the result of her bonding with a pair of ghostfire crystals on a planet of my own making. I gave her it mostly out of a want to use ghostfire crystals.

I like the color red, but I didn't wanna write a sith. Ruby was the best next choice. IC, the color didn't have much significance, but the crystal very much does.

For Jonyna, weirdly, green. It reminds her of home, and the jungle. My favorite color is red and gold, because I'm a basic binch.

She had a crystal back in the day that was a permafrost crystal, basically. Turned out, it was cursed and she had to put it back when she found it.

I tend to just pick whatever color/style fits the character, up to and including completely ignoring canon trends like having all Sith lightsabers be red or the blue/yellow/green blades for Guardians/Sentinels/Consulars. I find the whole color coding thing silly.

Marcus, my Sith character, has a blue lightsaber. Eloise's is green, but she definitely doesn't fit the Jedi Consular class. Starlin has the most unusual lightsaber of all my characters: an orange shoto with a flat blade like a sword, gifted to him by the endlessly creative Syd Celsius Syd Celsius . He dual-wields it with his more traditional blue lightsaber. Inanna has a lightwhip with a yellow blade.

I've yet to write a Jedi with a red lightsaber, but I may someday in the future if I feel like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom