Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Winds

Giving Richard a real and heartfelt smile, she nodded at what he said first.

"There isn't much that can really prepare anybody. So much to pass along. A lot of pain, but also a lot of love."

Falling silent when he continued, Jairdain chewed on her lip slightly when he mentioned it would take a bit of time for his shuttle to arrive. Shrugging her shoulders slightly, she moved to stand in front of the fire and turned around to look at him through the Force again.

"I just thank my gods you found me before I froze to death."

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
It was good to see her smile, although she could have been faking the smile it didn't seem likely.

" Yea I'm happy I did although not really sure how you got here "

[member="Jairdain"]

There was something to know about Jairdain, she was not one to keep what she felt hidden or secret. The smile was a true one, but Richard wouldn't know that about her yet.

"You would have a better idea on that than me. The last thing I remember was being on my way to pick up Marcus and then waking up in here. Something must have happened to my ship and I crashed."

She knew what brought him here, so this world must be on her way to where she was going.

"Do you have a larger ship or just the shuttle that is coming?"

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
Memory loss was not an uncommon symptom of a crash, it happened often which was likely the case here, with the planets harsh blizzards and winds and hail ships are vulnerable to all kinda of damage when it gets rough.

" No small shuttles, it's a Luxury corvette I recently bought, its got everything you will ever need to travel and more, it cost an arm and a leg but its worth it since I don't have to be the one constantly flying "

He had other ships but they were either stored away or currently under construction and were not very comfortable which is why Von purchased this one.

" After a while, it just slows things down having to pilot everywhere, I'm efficient with money and don't like to hire extra crews but I didn't really have a choice "
[member="Jairdain"]

She had a few ships she could use but preferred to use her bio-tech ship. It was a life of its own and could fly without the use of organics or droids. Jairdain did not have any droids of her own since she couldn't sense them through the Force. It was suggested she get some for the purpose of flying, but Jairdain had yet to find a real need for any. Only on her large cruiser she used when out on missions from the Silver Jedi.

"In my positions in the various governments, I could probably afford something more than I have. What need is there though?"

The question wasn't really directed at him, but just something to think on. If Richard wanted to answer, he could, but it wasn't needed. Listening to what else he said about not really having a choice on hiring crews, she looked at him curiously.

"Isn't there always a choice in things?"

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
That was a question Richard really could only answer for himself, it all depends on a lot of factors like profession and hobbies, Von needed to hire crews or produce droids because it complemented his profession. If he built every product his company sells and sponsors he would have gone bankrupt, but hiring a crew although it does cost, allows Richard to increase production in the factories tenfold.

" Well yes I have a choice, but I also do not, most of what I do consist with my company making all different kinds of goods and selling or sponsoring others, I would could never build it all fast enough by myself, so hiring crews to run machines or pilot ships helps increase the production time "

He kept his chatter to a minimum, he could get carried away and talk forever on subjects like these where he was emotionally invested, but most the time that is not fun for others and he would not want her to die of boredom.

[member="Jairdain"]

"My parents were merchants of sorts. Sadly I was unable to do what they did. Their business died well, you know since you saw it."

A small bit of sorrow passed through Jairdain again, but it was very muted and something she accepted about her life. There was no way to go back and fix what had happened. Everything happened for a reason, but she didn't know why and probably never would.

"I understand about the hiring of people to help make what you have created, but what does that have to do with travelling around in a specific type of ship?"

Giving Richard a bit of a smile to take any sting out of her words, she was curious about his answer.

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
Richard nodded, not much except that flying takes time so he avoids it when possible, back on the topic of his new ship, it was his favorite for Luxury flying and was very comfortable compared to some other ships. It had many rooms onboard to occupy time since flying took so long it was important for Richard to have things to keep him busy.

" Not much guess I got off topic, but anyways the ship is very comfortable for when I do need to fly "

His crew was now in the system so they would be able to leave this horrible planet soon, Richard liked the cold but after days it got irritating to say the least, plus they were out of food anyway.

[member="Jairdain"]

She chuckled a little when Richard admitted he had wandered a bit off topic. Lifting a hand slightly she also shook her head a little.

"It's okay really. I was just poking a little fun. Look at us trapped in this room basically without knowing each other prior. Sorry if that bothered you at all. I didn't mean any hurt. What is the ship like?"

Even though he knew his ship and crew were in the system, he hadn't passed this information to Jairdain so she still no idea when rescue would come.

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
His datapad beeped loudly, he grabbed it accepting the transmission his captain showed up on the holoprojector, they had finally arrived on the planet and were descending to their location and would be there within minutes.

" Sir, we have arrived in orbit and are lowing to your position " the voice spoke loudly and Jairdain would be able to hear this.

" Good, alert me when you arrive, captain,"

" As you wish "

Richard looked back over to Jair, " Seems we are in luck "

[member="Jairdain"]

Both she and Sage perked up at the message they heard from Richard's communicator. Their faces and eyes turned to him when he spoke and she nodded.

"It'll be nice to get back to something more hospitable for sure. Thank you again for saving me out there. I am so very glad you have this small cabin here."

Giving him a large smile of thanks, she stood up and let the blanket drop to the chair she had been sitting in. The sounds of the cold winds outside grew stronger as the shuttle arrived that was here to take them off the planet.

"Do you think my cloak is dry enough to wear or should I just carry it?"

His answer really didn't matter and within a few minutes, they were heading back up into the sky and to his waiting ship.

[member="Richard Von"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom