Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Winds

"It is where the Silver Jedi have made their capital now. The Sith pushed them away from where they were when I joined them which was Voss. That is why I find it unlikely I will return there. Of course sometimes hiding right under their noses is best. I do have friends that live there."

Her word might imply she had Sith friends, but that wasn't the case at all. Instead she meant friends that were Voss themselves. If Richard asked, she would clarify, but did not feel the need to do it without the prompt.

"Besides being more green, what is your home like?"

The homes she had were on different types of worlds, but none would be considered being a river world.

"When we get rescued, maybe I can help you find a location to build a home. I would welcome you on Commenor."

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
Richard listened to her suggestion he was up to checking it out once they could leave this world seemed like a bad idea the mining machines would freeze here and profits would drop. He understood she meant either friends or other Jedi, his trust was 100% with her at this point she had done no wrong or raised any flags.

" It has a lot of life, I eat only wild game I hunt on my planet unless I eat out if I'm busy off-world, it gets cold but not like this, I recently modified some DNA to create a new species of bird I let into the ecosystem "

" The terrain is very rough never flat for a very long perfect world for my main home where I plan to have a family eventually but that part of my life is yet to come, the planet also has a deeper connection to the force nothing like a nexus but more potent than a planet like this "

The energy was neutral or even leaned towards the light but you would need to focus to feel it, it would increase a force user's power slightly, maybe 8% which is why it's a great place to train and hone force abilities.\

[member="Jairdain"] |

Through her life she had been equated to birds. Usually a raven or sparrow, so when Richard said he had created a new breed of bird, it interested her. Making a small motion with a hand under the blanket, she would appear to be looking into the fire. In the Force though, her focus was on him.

"What kind of bird?"

With Sage as her eyes, there were so many things Jairdain could learn about now. Science was just one aspect.

"Ah family. I have a son only. The father is missing and I don't think he is going to return soon. So while I have Marcus, I do not have a partner."

She would like to have a home to settle down with as a family, but not everything could happen. So far she had done fine alone, but that subtle desire might be felt by Richard. That she too wanted to have such a place and family some time.

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
Richard smiled.

" A very large bird, they are sweethearts I made them for the military they can be used for recon but I grew attachments and never deployed them so now they run naturally around my planet "

He listened to her recalling her talk about her son but he didn't remember hearing a name until now, being alone had advantages and Richard had done fine like this but he did secretly want the comfort and happiness a family brought.

And one day he will have it, but in the meantime, Von uses his solo time to build a life for when that time comes.

" Marcus is a nice name, is he force sensitive like you? "

[member="Jairdain"] |

"How large are they?"

With sight now being an option for her...size was something different. Sage was so small, the world around him appeared quite large. So when he gave her sight...it was still distorted because of his own size. Jairdain understood this, but at times it was a little disorienting and confusing. Luckily she was able to adapt to things pretty easily and quickly.

When she mentioned her son before, she had not said his name. Giving Richard a small smile of thanks, she nodded as well before speaking.

"Yes, he is. He's so young though and not fully developed. He is also blind like I am, so it makes things a challenge for both of us. I hope he grows up to be just as strong as I am, but time will tell."

Now he knew she was blind and why Sage was so important to her.

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
" Around 14 feet tall, somewhere around 20 feet long from head to tail "

" That must be nice being able to understand each other, you will be able to teach him better "

[member="Jairdain"] |

"Oh my! Those are huge! Can they be ridden?"

There was clear surprise in her voice and on her face. Actually sitting up a bit further, even if she couldn't exactly see, these birds had her interest. Richard said it must be nice to be able understand her son, she shook her head just slightly.

"It is quite interesting, but he's so young. I'm not sure he's going to be as powerful as I am ever."

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
" Yes they can be ridden, if you gain their trust first "

The birds were very eagle like they had sharp talons that were even poisonous although not lethal, they were not as smart as some animals but not entirely dumb either.

" Well I think we will be fine maybe power won't matter to him "

[member="Jairdain"] |

"I have quite mastered working with animals and nature, Richard. Even without the use of the Force, I gain trust very easily. Maybe someday I can visit you there?"

Even Sage looked up and it showed Jairdain was interested in traveling to this world Richard called home. As he commented about the power thing, she shrugged just slightly and pet Sage a little.

"It's not power for the sake of power I speak of...but Force ability itself. I don't think he is as strong as I am, but his father isn't. He got my blindness and his father's Force ability."

When she talked about the father, there was no hate in her voice. She didn't dislike him for leaving her, but she didn't know why it happened. Maybe that would be answered and she waited for that day.

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
" O I believe you they are amazing, well I need to plan a trip there any way I have been spending to much time away from home "

He had been spending a lot of time traveling doing business with a variety of people, Richard had zero off time recently. Richard was sorta invested into this topic emotionally, he had been teased for his natural raw power being weak in the past.

" His innate power does not matter, " Richard paused for a moment, " All that matters is the frame of mind and dedication "

" I had those same issues, my natural potential is disappointing at best, but I learned to use unnatural sources which I do not recommend for him, but his understanding, once he starts to grow in his teen years is what determines his power in the long run "

[member="Jairdain"] |

"If he is anything like his father...well, he's going to be trouble."

Before they had met, Brad had been a scoundrel, playboy, player and gambler as well as a pilot. Jairdain had no idea what their son would be like, but was hoped he would be closer to her than his father. Time would tell on that.

"I can't disagree with out, but after I became an adult was when my power grew. Both in the Force and in life. No longer am I the simple girl that joined the Silver Jedi. Back then all I wanted to be was a consular or diplomat. Now I'm going to be regent over an area of Commenor and continue my duties with the Fel Empire as best I can. Until more people join though, my hands are tied. You are welcome to visit Commenor and see my home there."

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
" Yea I can't argue there "

Richard had never dated, he didn't have any of these experiences because he was to busy to ever really put effort into it.

" What does your home planet look like? "

Richard had recently gone back to his birth world and bought his childhood home back, the planet is a water world and Richard loved it since his species is evolved around water, Richard was a subspecies of human.

[member="Jairdain"] |

His question was a difficult one to answer. Jairdain was blind and while she had Sage as her eyes, she had yet to return to Commenor with him. Right now all she had were her Force ideals of what it looked like.

"Will you allow me to show you? I can give you how I see it through the Force. Since I haven't been there after picking up Sage here, I have yet to see it with his eyes."

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
Richard nodded, he fully trusted her at this point, his datapad beeped a couple feet away alerting Von that his cords had been received but of course it would take his new ship time to get here.

" I'm interested to see what it looks or feels like to blind "

For Jairdain that might sound rude or off but when one loses sight they strengthen other senses to compensate and being Von was not blind, he had never experienced it before.

[member="Jairdain"]

When his datapad alerted him to something, Sage would move to explore what was making the noise. Allowing Jairdain to look through his eyes, she wondered what it meant, the alarm, not the pad. They had seen those before even if the writing was still foreign to her.

Focusing her attention back to Richard when he indicated he was interested to know what was like to be blind.

"There are two ways we can do this. One I can put my memories into your mind. In a very similar way, we did before with the training. Another way is if you were to try to attack me. My natural mental barriers would then blind you for a few minutes. Your sight would return quickly, you have my word."

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
" I think the first option will be the best "

Richard was beginning get hungry again and he had no more food with him since he only expected to be here for a couple hours not two days.

Blinding himself just seemed like a bad idea even if the sight returned the thought would drive someone like Richard crazy.

[member="Jairdain"] |

Standing up again, Jairdain made sure the blanket remained wrapped around her. Sage sat watching her as she moved again to stand next to Richard.

"Close your eyes and allow me into your mind. What you will be seeing are my memories of my homeworld. It is long gone and destroyed. I am the last of my people."

Not only did he gain the memory of her world, but almost her whole childhood. Growing up blind, getting made fun of and the children. As her memories passed to him, he was able to see her world and what it had been like for her. The last thing he would see was her world getting destroyed and feel the loss of life that happened.

When it was done, she was crying and had her arms wrapped around herself as if she was trying to comfort herself.

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
Richard did as asked he cleared his mind giving no mental resistance, he started to see the planet and more, he saw what it was like to be blind and all that came with it. Richard had not expected to see as much as he did, it was more than just simple seeing he could also feel it as well, at first it would start to overwhelm him but over the next few seconds, he gathered himself.

He looked over and could see Jairdain was affected by the memories and who wouldn't be, Von wanted to sit closer to comfort her but was unsure if it would scare or make her more uncomfortable. He turned his body to face her, there was a lot he saw and he was still sorta processing the destruction of the planet, he had never seen something like that.

" I'm sorry for your loss " his tone had lightened

Richard felt sympathetic for her, he lost his parents when he was younger and it sucked so he knew how she felt roughly since she lost more.

[member="Jairdain"] |

When Jairdain could tell what she gave him started to overpower him, she pulled back just slightly. When he regained his composure, then the memories continued. Very few people knew of her entire past, now he was one of those few. He had asked about her homeworld and not her current homes. Then again when he asked he had not known of her past. Now he did and offered some sympathy to her.

Lightly touching his shoulder, she included a gentle squeeze and noticed he had moved to be facing her.

"I am sorry to have shocked you with so much. It's just not many people know of my origins and now you do."

Master Jessica of the Silvers, Brad, the father of her son and one other knew of her past. Giving him a small smile, she wasn't sure what to do now. Taking a seat next to him, she didn't sit on his lap or anything but felt the need to be close.

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
It was a lot to take in but he had a rough understanding of her past, compared to her Richard had been lucky, he started to realize she was stronger than he had originally thought, which was not an easy task.

" No it's fine I just wasn't prepared "

" My personal shuttle is on the way but it might take some time "

They were near his species original homeworld, it was mostly a Waterworld but it had small patches of land and a few raised cities. The planet was beautiful most of the time except when it got foggy.

[member="Jairdain"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom