Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Winds

There was snow outside and Jairdain huddled inside around a warm fire. The name of the planet meant nothing to her and she did not ask what it was. She sat wrapped in blankets while her wet outer clothes hung drying by the fire. No memory of how she got to this world, but it seemed the Force liked stranding her on ice worlds.

This wasn't the first time it happened, but at least it was better than being captured and held captive. That had happened to her many times as well. Rescue had come to her and now she found herself wrapped up in a blanket, next to a fire, in a location she had no idea about.

Sitting on her lap was a small, green furred wolf named Sage. While the woman was physically blind, this little wolf looked at the world for her. Jairdain saw through the Force and was still getting used to this new way of seeing things.

"Thank you for rescuing me. If you don't know who I am, my name is Jairdain Ismet."

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
Richard kneeled near the fire putting the last of some wooden planks and twigs on, " Jairdain Ismet, nice name are you injured " Richard got up and walked to a chair sitting across from the women. Richard was not fully aware of what had happened but he could feel something about her was not normal, he grabbed the pot out of the fire he had hunted a hog and made some soup for food. He served two bowls setting it on the table next to the women.

" You don't need to eat but if you are hungry you can, my names Richard Von I'm a politician "

Von sat down once again and began to eat the harsh conditions could get bad but Richard loved the cold so it didn't bother him any, I tried contacting my ship but it failed with this storm.

[member="Jairdain"] |

The wolf watched the form of Richard move about the room and when he asked if she was injured, her own unfocused gaze looked a little lost for a few moments. She doing a mental examination of herself and what clarity she had, returned soon. Shaking her head slightly before speaking, a small smile of thanks crossed her face.

"I don't think I am. Certainly been through worse than this and it isn't like this is a battlefield or warzone."

A hand came out from under the blankets and picked up the spoon to start eating the soup. Sage hopped up on the table and sat down to allow Jairdain a view on where the spoon was to the bowl and her mouth. In this way, she spilled far less on tables, her clothes and got more into her mouth.

He introduced himself and said he was a politician and Jairdain nodded.

"I have had some dealings with politicians in my years. Which government are you with?"

Not just some dealings, but most of her adult life had revolved politics in one way or another.

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
Richard watched as the animal repositioned itself, " Well actually more of a scientist or engineer, I'm still trying with the politician deal " Richard smiled and shook his head having a good laugh about himself.

" So tell me about yourself I can see you're no pirate or smuggler, what exactly were you doing way out here " Richard turned to face the women as he worked on his datapad's circuit boards trying to fix it and regain communications.

He was not sure about the situation she didn't seem hostile, but she did seem off, Richard could not tell why she was docile which was refreshing being out this far in the outer rim.

[member="Jairdain"] |

He said he was more scientist or engineer than a politician and she nodded again. Something Jairdain noticed was he didn't answer to what government he was with. Out here there weren't many that she knew of. One had been started recently in a nearby system and even closer to them was the Fel Empire which she was a part of.

Pausing to eat a little more, Sage watched Richard tinker with something. Whatever it was, it was unknown to Jairdain. Only having had vision through her wolf for a short time, there was so much she was still learning.

"I have been various things in my life and even been in love with a smuggler turned prince. That is no longer the case. Actually, I was on my way to pick up my son and take him back to Commenor."

If he wanted to know why Jairdain was so docile it was because that was her nature. Even in the face of battle, she was one to remain calm.

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
Continuing his work Richard glanced up to see the woman eating which was a good sign, " Smuggler turned prince " he chuckled " a first time for everything I guess " he finished the datapad attempting to contact his corvette which failed.

" How old is your son " Richard started boiling water on the fire to make tea, he put in the herb packs and stirred it around, it was getting colder and warm tea sounded like a gem to Von.

[member="Jairdain"] |

That prince was currently missing, but Jairdain made no mention of that. Maybe she was too trusting of a soul, but she really felt comfortable here and that Richard did not intend to harm her. Before answering his question, Sage look at what he had been trying to fix and passed it along to her.

"I can attempt to call out mentally in the Force for rescue if you are unable to get the communications thing to work."

The smell of the tea hit her nose and if he offered her some, she would gladly accept that as well.

"He is three. Blind like me and just discovering his Force abilities. Do you have a family?"

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
" That would be helpful the storm blocks my tech method who would you be calling out too, a little fella huh nice no family for me parents died and I'm and only child although I do have a wonderful aunt "

He finished stirring and heating the tea he sat a jar of honey next to the fire.

" Would you like some tea its great in weather like this " he pulled out the cups and poured tea into both mixing in some warmed up honey and he stirred them.

[member="Jairdain"] |

Her entire people were dead and gone, only herself and now her son were all that was left. Even Marcus was only half of her. The prince and Commenor were the other half. Richard told her a little about himself, but this she kept to herself.

"I would like some of that tea please. It smells wonderful, thank you."

He asked who she was call out and a few answers came to mind, but Jairdain didn't think any of them would actually respond.

"I know people in the Silver Jedi, New Republic and then closer to here and where I was headed, the Fel Empire. I just don't know if any of them would respond to a call through the Force."

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
Richard looked up he was shocked inside but kept his poker face on, heading to the Fel Empire then why was she here, not like Von was one to judge he had gotten himself in some stupid situations.

" If it's the Fel Empire you need I could help you there, I have some contacts I'm currently enlisted as well "

Richard handed her a cup of tea, he took a sip of his it was hot but needed with the temp drop, " Are you a representative or some kind of private business? ".

He was asking a lot he found he liked the women's company with all craziness going down a calm conversation was enlighting.

[member="Jairdain"] |

If Richard thought keeping a poker face would work with her, he was wrong. Jairdain saw the world through the emotions of others, so when he felt the surprise, she knew it. It wasn't anything bad or negative, so she didn't do anything or make a comment on it.

He mentioned he was also with the Fel Empire and it was her turn to be surprised. However, she did not hide it. Not having physical sight had never taught her how to not show her emotions. That surprise did show.

"It makes sense since that is the direction I was heading."

Not at all ashamed of what she was within the Fel Empire, she paused before answering him to take a sip of the tea.

"I am the Grand Master of the Imperial Knights."

She was in agreement with his personal thought of just being able to sit and talk. In the past year, her life had been to Hell and back. Luckily it was over and she had recovered from the trauma. Certain aspects of what happened, she was still reluctant to talk about, but he hadn't asked about any of her past...yet.

"What are you within the Empire? I don't seem to remember meeting you before."

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
Richard could see she was shocked to learn he was a part of the Fel Empire, " Imperial Knights, " he paused for a second refilling his cup of tea.

" Haven't seen them I don't usually on the frontline, my skills lie elsewhere " he sat back down the weather started to warm up slightly the winds also slowed around 20%.

" I'm the owner of DCC Industries I make blueprints for all kinds of things such as weapons, vehicles, and cloning then we build them and ship them out either in bulk or custom home orders. "

[member="Jairdain"] |

A small smile crossed her face when he mentioned he had other skills and role within the Fel Empire. Also shaking her head slightly, she set her spoon into the soup bowl after finishing it and looked in his direction. Even if Jairdain could not see in the same way somebody with sight could, it was polite to make the motion of it at least. Lifting her hand, she waved it with a small motion in a negative manner.

"I am not on front lines very often either. More I am consular, advisor or diplomat and a guide to the Knights. Though I have seen a few battles, I am not a fighter."

In fact, Jairdain hardly knew how to physically fight at all. Her focus was on mentalism and it was there she was strongest. Letting out an interested sounding, "hum", she listened at Richard explained what he did and provided.

"None of which really do me very much good. Being without sight for the most part can be quite troublesome at times."

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
Von at this point had lowered his guard, he put some more wood on the fire it was covered in ice but what can you do.

" Yea I use it to help the Fel Empire, mostly as a money source for my hobbies and personal studies "

Richard mostly liked to study and experiment with sourcery, he had created his own branch of sourcery that was mostly defensive.

Von also spent a lot of time slicing and training.

[member="Jairdain"] |

"What are you hobbies?"

There weren't many Jairdain had knowledge of. All her life she had been blind so reading and writing were out of the question. However with Sage as her eyes now she could start learning these things.

"If you ask me what mine are, I am unsure. I suppose I can sing, but even then that doesn't happen very often."

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
" I do a lot of Meditation, I also like practicing my own hybrid version of sourcery "

Richard had written journals and even began a hologran but so far it's very incomplete, Meditation is a hobby he uses when traveling on ships he uses it to pass time so he does it often.

" singing is nice " he paused for a second, " any force based abilities? "

Von finished the rest of the soup he made while waiting for a response.

[member="Jairdain"] |

"Ah meditation, that is something I am quite familiar with. You see, I am a mentalist when it comes to the Force. My skills are all Force related and very few are physical. I am not a fighter, but a supporter."

She answered this before Richard asked if she had any Force based abilities. It wasn't that she had read his mind or anything, but it just made sense. However Jairdain decided to explain things a little bit more.

"I am the leader of the Force sect of the Fel Empire. Grand Master Jairdain Ismet. If I was unable to use the Force, I couldn't say I held that position."

Not one to normally go about parading her titles and ranks, she did with Richard. Not to give herself an ego boost or make herself more important or anything, but just to give him all the information he needed.

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
They continued their conversation talking of meditation and force gifts, She said she was more of a support which fit her blind role but Richard would never underestimate blind people, Von had been knocked out in a bar by a blind guy what they lose, in sight they more than makeup for with other senses.

She spoke again this time she stunned Richard, " Grandmaster " his voice almost trying to confirm if he had heard correctly " Within the Fel Empire ", this was an odd turn he was never told there was a Force Sect.

Richard mostly kept his force talents hidden from anyone in the faction except Harris. The cold storm was mostly over now the temp had risen 9 degrees in a situation like this is enough.

" Sorry for my surprise but I was not aware there was a Force Sect, " Von paused for a second.

" As leader what does the Force Sect consist of if I may ask are there any requirements "

[member="Jairdain"] |

He wasn't wrong about her other sense abilities, but Jairdain relied on the Force for most things. There had been a few times in her life where the Force had been taken from her. It had caused her to develop her other senses far more. Keeping in practice, she still had those extra senses fine tuned.

She had the Force now though and looked at her companion with it. Even though Sage was her eyes to the physical world, Jairdain still went with what was comfortable to her and used the Force. His shock colored her vision and she smiled slightly. Not with any sense of ego, that was something the woman lacked. For all her power and ability, she was a rather simple woman.

"Why be sorry, Richard?"

His next question was something she had to think on to answer. Sipping more of the drink he had given, the warmth filled her as she thought of what to say.

"There are no real requirements so to say as long as you follow the rules of the Empire. It really consists of myself and a few Imperial Knights only. Sadly not very many have looked into becoming one."

[member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
" I'm guessing Fel would need a force user strike force in case the Sith ever attacked? "

Although Richard preferred to avoid combat he knew it was a part of life and he could turn aggressive when all other options fail.

" They have been expanding as of late, maybe I'm just paranoid "

[member="Jairdain"] |

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom