Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Codex Q&A

Codex 4.0
new-small-bar.png

We've done a lot to ease the complications that have slipped into the Codex over the years, but, you should always feel free to ask questions at any time. We will do our best to answer them to the best of our ability and in a timely fashion. For your convenience here is a link to the current Standardized Codex Rules.

Fire away!

Last edited:

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
So I had a question. I know the Crew Template states that we should keep it around twelve or less but I have a crew that is literally on two over a dozen and was wondering if it as okay if I submitted it.

I've been wondering this for i dont know how long but never thought to ask but:

For Combat Unit subs, can you explain Unit Availability? Like, I'm confused as to what it means. Is it how common the units within the unit are and how easily they can be replaced? Or does it mean the unit as a whole? Or does it mean something else?

[member="Zahori Denko"]

I'll use some numbered examples, though this is *not* meant to be used as a hard line here, just to make it easier to follow. The gist is 'how many of this group would be available to an army' essentially.

Unique = 1 group. The only group. Based on unit size it can be small or very big, but there's only one group of them. Rogue Squadron would be an example of a Unique (Small) group.
Rare = there are not many of this kind of group. Maybe there are five squadrons, all trained this same way. They are specialized, likely difficult to train. Some kind of black ops commando group might be a good example of this.
Uncommon = moderate number squadrons/units, all trained the same way. Scout troopers perhaps- available but not enough to fill in the rank and file
Common = lots of units. These are the rank and file. Stormtroopers, etc.

Not a hard rule, but in general it would also be more difficult to replace as you go down the ladder. Common units have many of the same unit, so replacement, either retraining or borrowing from somewhere else in the army is in theory easier than a rare group that is likely more specialized training and simply less groups.

The Size modifier is how many people are in each individual group. So a Common/Small unit would have many groups, but not many people in *each* group. A Unique/Large group would be only ONE group, but with many people in it.

Does this help?

[member="Neri Rashal"]

I think I get it. Unit Availability would be how many of that one specific group there is in an army. Like how many armored divisions there are in the Grand Army of the Republic or how many Stormtrooper Battalions. Size is more of how many people are in that specific group. Am I getting this right? If so, what differentiates different units in regards to availability? Like, for example, I'm working on a battalion sub but the battalion has a specific name and specific components, however, they are still apart of the larger army and the only difference between other battalions would be the name. For instance, the Wolfpack or Vader's Fist. What would you classify those as?

[member="Zahori Denko"]

Essentially yes.

Personally I'd say that things like a specific named battalion, like the 501st, would be Unique/Large- there's only one thing named that and they are differentiated from just 'Stormtroopers'. There's a lot of individuals in the group, but only one group.

Clonetroopers/Stormtroopers = Common
104th/501th = Unique

[member="Kaine Australis"]

Good question! At this time Extra-Galactic Locations cannot be submitted. The rules will be updated for the "Location" template to be more clear. (Note: Netherworld Locations are the Exception to this...)

Oi oi, so I read in the archived Q&A thread that bumping leads to penalties, is there any forum established way of contacting an admin in a similar manner?

I didn't see anything on how or why a judge will approve stuff at a certain time , could someone explain the process to me? Or link me something that I missed...

Davak Davak

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here but I'll do my best to answer.

You are correct, you may not bump your submission once it has been posted. This is set out in the Codex Rules. I am not sure what you mean by contacting an Admin, but if you have specific questions about the codex then you may always use this thread, or contact the Codex Admin or RPJs directly. If you do have any questions, then feel free to contact me via the board or discord and I'd be happy to answer them.

In terms of the judgements. All site staff are volunteers and partake of their duties on the board as and when their time and lives allow them to. A judge will pick up submissions when they have the opportunity to, and will then go onto review them. We try to make sure no submission is sitting for too long, but everything relies upon the judges' lives and availability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom