Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Civil War: The Last Mandalorian

Allies: [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Kaden Farr"]
Enemies: None
Neutral: [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Cynthia Raxis"]

Narir took the bag of trophies without a word. He had saved Yasha's life, thank the Manda, but they weren't out of the woods yet. Narir stood up as Kaden moved to continue assisting Yasha. Narir expected as much. Since Sundari, the two had been inseparable. Kaden would take care of her; Narir had another duty. He had to find a medic. Hopping out of the speeder, Narir activated his comlink. He'd heard, just like everyone else, the message from [member="Gray Raxis"]. Right now, he was the closest source of help.

"This is Narir Tracyn," he said, tracking the channel that had sent the message, "Coordinates N57 E25, requesting a medical team." His voice was calm, even, and steady. The voice of a soldier.

Narir walked to the crest of a small hill and lay prone, making sure that the medical team, if it came, didn't get any bright ideas.

Spaceport
Allies: [member="Jor Kvall"] | [member="Kervo Namadi"] | [member="Tahn Vizsla"] | [member="Kaden Farr"] | [member="Tal Vizsla"] | [member="Silas Mantis"] | [member="Preliat Mantis"] | [member="Narir Tracyn"] | [member="Ra Vizsla"] | [member="Kalyr Alor"]
Enemies: [member="Mia Monroe"] | [member="Vila Sayne"] | [member="Kal Ordo"] | [member="Rekali the Hutt"] | [member="Ru Tetsuya"] | [member="Mira Rekali"]

Aryn grinned at the other man as he stepped onto the gunship. "Watch it work."

They were the last words The Togorian said before the ship suddenly rocketed into the air, and then behind Ra came Aryn.

The force that had broken the Siege on the Mountain Fortress had split, and with it they had come. The flight of Basilisk war droids that Mia had brought thundered down on the forces at the Space Port, yet their own flank was met with a surge of new Death Watch troops.

Their attack was not a subtle one, nor was the coming battle.

Mandalorians had never been ones for sneaking around, had never truly enjoyed the element of surprise. They were a tidal way, a landslide crashing down and destroying everything in their wake. That was who they were as a people, a natural force of disaster that swept away everything in it's path. The fact was one that most would hold undeniable, and the countless worlds over the century that they had burned would lament their coming.

Now?

In this Civil War? It would be an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object.

Aryn let out a bestial roar as he bounded from the gunship that had carried him, his heavy hammer sweeping forward as he went crashing into one of the flying Basilisk War Droids. The crack of metal meeting metal sending out a boom around them.

ALLIES: Mandalorians, [member="Mia Monroe"], [member="Ru Tetsuya"], [member="Rekali the Hutt"]
ENEMIES: Death Watch, [member="Silas Mantis"], [member="Ra Vizsla"]

Silas Mantis said:
Vila could hear the anger and anguish within the single word. The question thrown at her like a weapon in it's own right.

Her parents, Dar'manda though they may be, had taught her better than to banter and converse in the heat of battle. Her resolve was greeted a moment later by the man pressing forward to attack. He held two beskad to her single one. Rote knowledge of where she placed things on her armor told her she held her father's former blade, her mother's one still sheathed with Vila's other pistol on her left thigh.

Pushing the pain in her shoulder back, she pushed off to meet her foe. He lead with the beskad in his augmented arm, which she had first hand knowledge that it was stronger than normal. The blade came in, aimed at her shoulder, but this time she wasn't caught off guard.

After a few steps, Vila launched herself forward, sliding to the ground feet first to slip under the intended first attack. She rolled as she slid past Silas, over her right arm so as not to cause more pain than was necessary, and slid a foot more on toes and knees before lighting off her jump pack again, a mere one second burst to turn push her momentum on itself and throw herself at Silas's back. Still low, she slashed at the back of his left knee intending to cripple the leg on that side as she came up to a standing position.

Objective: Fight back the opposition
Allies: [member="Ra Vizsla"] | [member="Tal Vizsla"] | [member="Aryn Spar"] | [member="Narir Tracyn"] | [member="Kaden Farr"] | [member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Silas Mantis"]
Enemies: [member="Mia Monroe"] | [member="Ru Tetsuya"] | [member="Rekali the Hutt"] | [member="Mira Rekali"] | [member="Kal Ordo"] | [member="Vila Sayne"]

The bloodthirsty horde preparing too march had set it's sights too narrowly, the realisation of the enemy's flanking manoeuvre quickly crept across the Gold Wolf's forces as he turned towards the sound of blaster fire and heavy machinery. His yellow eyes surveyed the enemy as his calm demeanour gave way to a more primal anger as he began to growl to himself, the stoic stance he had now hunched down as he avoided the initial assault from the enemy basilisks.

"Fire at will!" A simple command, but one that all the men and women starved by anticipation followed eagerly as the began to turn to face the new front.

Basilisks began to rise and meet the enemies in a clash of plasma and steel, beasts of both sides began to fall from the sky as the battle grew on, his eyes surveying to see if the Liberator was among those attacking them. His gaze barely latched onto the woman he had fought some time ago as she flew overhead towards the main force coming to greet Tahn's own, a final attack against the undying.

Tahn could hear the woman's scream even from far beneath her, the challenge ringing out clearly. The Gold Wolf held himself from rushing the woman from behind, keeping his bloodthirst at bay as he honoured the sacred rites of combat.

Instead he began his counter charge against the enemy, the metal beast below him roaring to life as he charged into the enemy with the cold steel axe clutched firmly in his hands.

Allies: Death Watch, [member="Ra Vizsla"], [member="Tahn Vizsla"], [member="Tal Vizsla"]
Enemies: [member="Vila Sayne"]

The second his foe went under the strike and past him, Silas began to pivot around to face her. However, his ankle cried out in protest so greatly that for an instant it slowed him enough that Sayne's strike was still able to land somewhat. While his leg hadn't been crippled, her beskad had cut across the side of his knee deep enough that something within his leg was certainly torn. The younger Mantis surely wouldn't be putting all his weight on the leg any time soon, but he wasn't out of the fight by a long shot.

As blood stained the snowy earth beneath their feet, Silas' own jetpack shot him forwards at Vila. Despite what one might think, Silas was a perceptive man, and he'd picked up on how his opponent was heavily favoring her left arm. Driving the Concord Fang at the injured shoulder he aimed to gore her, whilst he attempted to slide Little Wolf up and into the gap underneath Vila's breastplate. He had two blades out, it was time he used both.

She hadn't said a word, which to Silas meant either she was too ashamed to even speak, or so blinded that she didn't see him as worth responding to. Dried flecks of dar'manda blood from Sundari still painted him red, the teeth of the wolf sigil on his shoulder still coated in the ichor of his enemies. Sayne's blood would join the many hues of red if he had his way.

The Sons of the Wolf did not take prisoners.

Mia Monroe

M
Objective: Kill [member="Ra Vizsla"]
Enemies: Death Watch
Allies: True Mandalorians

His hand closed about her leg, throwing her off to one side, she hit the landing pad hard, grunting as the wind was knocked out of her, she rolled, coming up on to her feet and reaching behind her head to tug her beskad free.

Fatigue seeped into her bones, her payment for not sleeping and the wound from the battle at Keldabe started a dull throbbing ache and the rage that the seed at inflated within her seemed somewhat diminished. Lips curled in distaste at the nutrient frame on his back, her expression hidden.

Her other hand pulled a long knife from her belt as they advanced upon one another, his words ringing in her ears. The time for eloquent speeches was long past, she’d no response save the soft hiss of her blade as she came within reach, a backhand cut aimed at his throat.

Enemies: Mandalorians
Allies: Mandalorians.
Objective: These Colors Don't Run.

He opened his eyes.

The battle was below him. The war droid above it. He closed them again. He rolled the war droid over, to where his head faced the ground. He let his arms hang loose. The wind, at the speed he was going, pulled him back. If he were a lesser man, it would have knocked him over, and tumbling back. But Preliat was not a lesser man. He was rejuvenated. He was angry. He was fierce. The blood in his veins boiled. Something was wrong here. The snare-drums of war beat rapidly, played by a madman.

He dropped his magnetic locks from his feet with a gentle nudge of his foot. He fell to the ground, his droid going into autopilot. It took off and would land at pre-designated coordinates, about half a click outside the war raging below him. War. Hell. A battle. He often heard stories, read poems of the great battles of old. They always talked about the battle, the rage, the intensity of the fight. They never talked about the after. The brutality of what people did to each other.

Of what he did.

Of what he wanted to do.

His helmet's HUD turned off. He had no use for it. No use for such trivial information. Incoming dangers. Incoming threats to his life. The Taung did not have them. If there was anything to say about Preliat Mantis, anything that could be said of his very presence- it was that of a Mandalorian. He stood tall, he spoke little and acted far more than he let words slip from his tongue. His blade, his gun were his voice.

He rotated his body, rolling past war droids tearing apart the sky. He activated his jetpack as soon as he could. It pushed him back upwards with the initial thrust alone, then slowed his descent. When he landed, it echoed- not just in sound, not by the concrete beneath his feet giving a firm crack from the combined weight of the man and his armor- but the rage. Those attuned to the force, those touched by it's mysterious hand, could feel him- his rage. His rage intensified. He was not an angry man. He was not a rageful man. He was rage personified. He was hate become flesh.

It was when he screamed when the Mandalorians allied to Mia grew weary. It was not a sound any normal man would have made. It was the sound of a beast, a demon. Blood demanded blood, and Preliat was going to claim it- drop for drop. He came near his brother- battling a false Mando'ade fiercely.

He did not run, he walked. He curled his crushgaunt-adorned hands into fists. He did not need a weapon to rip people apart. He was the weapon. So, he began to stride up to her, and rolled his neck. His brother would be able to recognize the armor straight away- any Mandalorian worth their salt would be able to recognize the armored hood of Preliat Mantis. The Wolf of Manda'yaim. Other people had claimed to be Wolves- in this way or that. But Preliat was adherent to that title- he was a savage beast. He tore through enemies like flesh from rabbits.

He rolled his shoulders and moved his body forward.

He gave her no words, no quips- only the lingering threat of death.

[member="Silas Mantis"] l [member="Vila Sayne"] l

Allies: Death Watch
Enemies: Nukalorians
Tagging: [member="Gray Raxis"]

One of his lieutenants, [member="Daral Tal'Verda"], contacted Vilaz about Clan Raxis and their position in this Civil War. The Akaan growled at the mention of the clan, remembering them from crusades on the deceased Galactic Republic. His blood boiled, and while the main forces went to the Spaceport his own forces would be focused somewhere else.

"Ready the men, Daral. We have other business to conduct that will benefit us all."

In his mind, he believed he did. He was much more serious than Ra in some topics and would be considered radical and extremist about them. He was probably much more savage than Ra, but his actions were for his people, his culture, and their future.

And for Mandalore.

Objective: Defeat Mia Monroe
Allies: Death Watch [member="Aryn Spar"] [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Kervo Namadi"] [member=Tahn Vizsla] [member=Kaden Farr] [member="Tal Vizsla"] [member=Silas Mantis] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member=Narir Tracyn]
Enemies: Insurrectionists [member="Mia Monroe"] | [member="Kal Ordo"] | [member="Vila Sayne"] | [member="Ru Tetsuya"] | [member="Rekali the Hutt"] [member=Cynthia Raxis]
Neutral: [member="Gray Raxis"]

"Silence, is it."

Ra pushed the woman off of him, even as her dagger struck true while he ducked his shoulder into it, the blade cleaving more flesh off of Ra's mortally wounded body. He grimaced through the bite, his skin beginning to grow cold. The Undying could feel his stitches already ripped from his torso, but he did not feel the pain from the wound. "Did you give me silence, when you screamed for the mercy of the little Jee'dai children, Katlayadr?"

The hulking behemoth pressed forward, his march unrelenting. The butt of his spear rose up sharply, his movements driven by a supernatural rage that would not be suppressed, an indomitable will whose path could not be altered.

"Where was your honor when you massacred your Clansmen, on our own soil. Where were you when our children screamed out for help."

He swung a wide arc of the spear to force her back.

Ra wanted her to listen.

She would have no choice.

"When did you forsake your people, Katlayadr? Your blood, your own flesh and blood? YOUR BLOOD!"

A million faces of the men, women, and children whose lives were destroyed by the Cataclysm flashed through Ra's mind.

Mand'alor the Undying rushed in, his rage blinding him, as the sword of the fallen [member="Darth Kentarch"] was unsheathed from Mand'alor's belt and swung in a wide arc to come crashing down on Mia's skull.

Mia Monroe

M
Objective: Kill [member="Ra Vizsla"]
Allies: [member="Rekali the Hutt"] [member="Mira Rekali"] [member="Vila Sayne"] [member="Ru Tetsuya"] [member="Kal Ordo"]
Enemies: [member="Tahn Vizsla"] [member="Tal Vizsla"] [member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Aryn Spar"]

Mia danced backward, the butt of the spear whistling past her chest. With every words that passed his lips a hand closed tighter about her heart. Images flashed past her mind, Ijaat priming the bombs, Verz's confused face, the phantom in the halls and the wave of pain in the force. The fear that had poured from her home world as she fled into the shadows and left it to burn.

"Ne'johaa." she replied quietly

Muscle memory reacted before her mind did, bringing her beskad up to block the blow coming for her head but the strength of it was greater than she'd anticipated to force jarring down her arm and the sword connecting with the top of her helmet with a resounding crack. Her HUD flickered and died. She heaved his sword away from her head, forcing it out and away before retreating a few steps, tugging the damaged helmet from her head and casting it aside.

"I know what I did. I know the price I must pay. Spare me your incessant jabbering and END IT!"

She advanced again, knife held tight in a reverse grip, beskad swinging for his head.

Spaceport - Following children.
Allies: [member="Aryn Spar"], [member="Daral Tal'Verda"], [member="Ra Vizsla"], [member="Jor Kvall"], @@Tahn Vizla, [member="Kervo Namadi"], [member="Kaden Farr"], [member="Tal Vizsla"], [member="Silas Mantis"], [member="Preliat Mantis"], [member="Narir Tracyn"],

Enemies: Insurrectionists | [member="Mia Monroe"], [member="Mira Rekali"], [member="Ru Tetsuya"], [member="Kal Ordo"], [member="Vila Sayne"], [member="Rekali the Hutt"], [member="Gilamar Skirata"],
Unknown: [member="Grey"] Raxis, [member="Cynthia Raxis"], [member="Stardust Raxis"],
Gear: Rifle, Pistol, SMG, Energy Shield, Blade, Armor,

The question posed to the other feline being was answered. I smiled brightly behind my helmet as he mentioned for me to watch it work. I shook my head slightly as we quite literally began to attack on the spaceport. Ra Flinging himself at Mia. I allowed him to do so, even though she was my friend. Correction- Once friend. Someone that I had fought with under my old name. The name that I had been born with. The name I had ran away from.

I didn't want to kill my own family. I prayed to any god, or godly being that I wouldn't have to. Even as I brought up my rifle. Aiming it as the Feline charged after Manda'lor the Undying. Swinging his hammer like a feral cat. I took precise aim and fired a round into the visor of one of the men who stood fairly close to Mia. Taking him down to prevent intervention against my Manda'lor. Slinging it behind my back, it seemed that everyone was fighting in hand to hand combat. As such, I drew my own blade.

As soon as I gripped the handle, I could feel the force influencing my thoughts. Only, as soon as I had drawn the weapon, I could feel the effects fade. That could only mean so many of these... these... betrayers were carrying packs that nullified the force. Either way, the blade was just fine without the force around it. Sure, it wasn't lightsaber resistant now, but it was still a viable weapon. One man drew close to me, Swinging his blade with precision towards my neck. Sidestepping him, I used my off hand to grab his wrist in an iron grip. Raising his arm up, and almost yanking his arm out of his socket as i plunged the blade in his arm pit. Exposed from the armor he wore, and sending the blade guard deep.

I silently prayed that he may enter the afterlife in peace, and that his sins will be forgiven. I slid the blade out from his dying body with crimson red now covering it. The blood of my kin. The blood of betrayers and destroyers of our homeworld.

Taking a second to see Mia and Ra fighting one another with such ferocity and steel within their hearts, I turned and looked away. Should Mia die, I almost wanted to let her know that her body would have been taken care of. Properly. Not pissed on by these angry children. Yes. Even as I ally with them, I did so because justice needed to be dealt out to those who destroyed our planet. Killed our own. My past, I had ran away because I wanted to avoid wars within our kin. I wanted to not be forced to kill one of my own over the simple idea of politics.

However, destroying our home. Our heritage, and betraying every word of the oath we swore every day of our lives, was not something I could sit idly by. Even if those I was facing, were my family. It pained me to do this.

Looking over, I could see... younger Mandalorians. One of the older seemed to be carrying an injured one. While another was calling into the Com systems to who seemed to be a neutral party. They were healing others? I shook my head. Even if these children were on my side or not, they deserved to survive this encounter. To learn from our mistakes. To become... better than who we were. My attention drawn away from me for a split second as a blaster bolt slammed into my side. I grunted in pain from the impact, but looked over to the man. Quite a bit away from me. I reached to my holster, drew my blaster pistol, and fired at his head. The blaster bolt shattered his visor and a smoking trail left where the T-visor once was.

They got onto their speeder and were attempting to leave. However, they were not safe. They were close, but not close enough. I watched as a someone tried to follow them onto a speeder. He wanted to close the long distance gap between them, and potentially run them over. Add to the fact I could see other troops closing in on them. Rushing over as quickly as I could, My fist plowed into his face. Sending the man literally flying off of the speeder. Others seemed to have the same idea. Where ever these injured children were going to, it was not going to be safe with the traitors. Hopping onto the speeder that the previous man was attempting to take, I threw it into high gear to catch up to the children.

I didn't speak a word as I could hear their calling through the com systems. However, blaster fire flew over my head as I sped after them. Ducking down even though the bolt passed me already, I looked behind me to see three speeders. Drawing my blaster once more, I placed my hand firmly on the wheel, and leaned back just enough to return blaster fire. Not a great set of shots, but they were close. Slowing down, and letting the throttle fall, they caught up to me quickly.

As soon as I could see the first man on my left, I took aim, and fired at the stabilizer wings. The breaking wing snapped, and instantly he was flung back. The second was catching up as well. His arm reached over to grab the wheel. He wanted to throw me off by taking control. Instead, I rammed into his side. Taking the pommel of the grip for the gun, and hitting his dome. The loud ping sound echoed even over the speeders. Followed quickly by taking the blaster and shoving the barrel end into his exposed neck, and firing three more rounds.

The third one fired on my engines as I was dealing with this one. I slowed down and the right side was dragging in the snow that the man on the speeder was almost ripped in half while trying to hold onto my speeder, and his own. Letting go of the wheel, I reached out and literally grabbed onto the third man's speeder.

Boy did it karking hurt when we crashed.

Allies: [member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Narir Tracyn"] | [member="Kalyr Alor"] (you're our only hope)
Enemies: Anyone trying to kill us
Neutral: The Raxis people
----------

Yasha screamed as soon as Kaden took a handfull of snow and packed it around the wound. It was difficult with only one hand to do what needed to be done, but he was not going to allow the light around them blind Yasha. Her screaming made him want to stop, but he knew that they needed her to see. It had been foolish to think no one would follow them, but they had been. There was little time to react.

"Almost done, Yasha. You're doing great. As soon as the bleeding is stopped I'll put a bacta patch right on it."

Kaden started digging through one of the medkits with the only hand he had free. Had it not been for Yasha's attempt to bring her guardian trophies the children would not have had the supplies they needed to save her life. Deep inside Kaden was pissed. They were young, and this was the third battle where he was dealing with treating a Mantis. It was only more complicated by the feelings he did not understand. What [member="Mia Monroe"] had done, it led to this. This was all her fault, and if she managed to steal Yasha from him, Kaden didn't care that [member="Ra Vizsla"] had wanted stand public trial for her crime, Kaden would kill her himself.

The packaging for the patch was brought to his mouth. He gripped it with his teeth and tore it away. Once the patch was out, he applied it to the wound. He wasn't sure how secure it would be, but hoped that her goggles would hold it in place well enough. It only had to stay put until a battle medic could reach their position.

"Alright Yasha, I'm done. You can open your eyes again. Now whatever you do, stay alive!"

He'd never been one to tell Yasha what to do before, but he was now. There would be more to say later, but they started taking blaster fire.

"Narir, cover!

The other had been waiting for Kaden to finish, and had been trying to reach a medic. Now they had to stay alive. Kaden waved Narir over to them, the speeder being the best thing to give them cover, and started to return fire. They were pinned down from where they were, and if Yasha didn't have to help they needed to let her rest. Kaden knew better than to think she would lie still though. Whatever she decided to do, Kade was going to let her.

Another speeder came out of no where and crashed into the other. Had help come for them? The newcomer's fire power was added to their own, and it seemed he was able to do more damage from where he was than they could. He hated feeling useless, especially now that Kaden was fourteen and had made it through his verd'goten. Kaden was a warrior now. They had to keep Yasha alive, and that meant staying put.

Kaden was doing a good job of that until the other man crashed. The speeder had been sent crashing, and from Kaden could make of it, the driver was dead, and the one helping them... looked... welll Kaden couldn't tell from where he was. He would be damned if he left Yasha though.

"I've got you covered Narir. We need to help him."

A medkit was tossed to Narir. In a way Kaden felt like a jerk with all the orders he was handing out, and making Narir play gopher. Had it been anyone else other than Yasha, Kaden would have gone and inspected the scene himself. He just was not going to leave her side.

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Enemies: Mia's Insurrectionists
Ra'gr-class Superiority Starfighter

Insurrection and Death Watch starfighters met on their battlefield in the skies above the bloody one in action on the ground. Numbers thinned as the two fighter screens of Mando'ade went head to head. The Tal'galaare or Bloodhawks were holding their own against the rebels in the skyward furball, but it wasn't just the opposition pilots they had to worry about. The AA gun batteries and mass driver cannons that were part of the spaceport's military defenses were causing havoc for the Death Watch warriors as well. From the action seen at Sundari to now, the squadron was down to ten from twelve, though some were flying with damage like Cin. Parts and proper time to do complete repairs had not been a luxury they had between sortes.

A trio of ion blasts shot out from the spaceport's mountain face. One sliced in at Three Flight, cutting through the vector the rebel fighters should have been using to engage the X-wing styled starfighters of Death Watch. The second hit the far mountain face causing an avalanche to dust some of the infantry below. The third lanced up at one of the drop ships, but never reached its target. Cinara saw the blast diffuse ever so slightly as if it had hit a shield, but its dissipating ball left no debris behind.

[Two, report.]

Dead air answered Bloodhawk One's call to her wingman. Frak, frak, frak! Edee caught that one. He's gone, Cin mused angrily to herself hitting the flight console with her gloved fist harder than she wanted to putting a slight dent in it. This was all so stupid, vode fighting vode just because of her. Good Mandalorians were and had died because of Mia's twisted reality of what a clean slate for the brothers and sisters of Mandalore was. The Liberator's delusional reign of terror needed to end this day so Manda'yaim could finally heal, and become stronger than ever under the Undying's steady hand.

A warning warble from her astromech droid brought Cinara back to the present danger. She mashed her right foot down on the etheric rudder pedal. The sandy gold and maroon helmeted pilot's stern slew around to the left, swinging her out of a rebel fighter's line of fire pointing the Ra'gr's nose right at the ship as it sailed past her. One punched the starfighter over ninety degrees, hauled back on the flight stick, then completed the inversion and dove down onto the rebel's tail. With a solid target lock, she sent kilojoules of scarlet energy bloodlessly at the fighter, then watched as it exploded before her steely blue eyes.

Cinara nudged the stick and shot thought the center of the fiery explosion. Clear on the other side, Bloodhawk Leader set her sights on the spaceport defenses as word over the comm came that the shield generator was down.

[One Flight with me. We are going to hit the defenses on the spaceport. Two and Three Flight, keep the rebel scum busy and off us .]

A snap roll brought the Ra'gr up onto its starboard S-foil as a series of double clicks came from her squad mates, then Cinara dove down towards the spaceport. She hauled back on the stick and canted it ever so slightly to the side putting the starfigher into a lopsided corkscrew maneuver; the jerky movements making it much harder to track and hit by the gunners. With her thumb, the honey blonde popped the weapons control over to proton torpedoes, then tugged back on the flight stick, killing the weave and leveling out. She pulled the trigger and let fly on blue jets streaming from the ship's warhead launchers a pair of missiles at the mountain's face where a section of AA turrets were hidden within the craggy rock followed by two more aimed at the mass driver cannons as well. Bloodhawk Three and Four did the same going for their own targets on the straffing run.

Immediately after making the pass, Cinara went hard to port and climbed up and away quickly, hoping to come around for another run unless needed elsewhere.

Jor Kvall

Ain't found a way to kill me yet
Mountain Fortress to Spaceport
Allies: [member="Aryn Spar"]
Enemies: Insurrectionists and those allied to [member="Mia Monroe"]

A blade flashed through the cold air, heavy with the stain of blood, and buried itself once more into the neck of another Mandalorian. Jor and the others inside the Fortress had rushed out of the walls when the enemy seemed to be on their heels. The added strength of their charge, and the number of kills Jor was beginning to rack up, meant that this battle was turning into a rout. The enemy was broken and fleeing, and the new orders from Mandalore were to come join the main battle at the Spaceport.

Jor's blade had never tasted flesh before today. He had never taken a life before today, but when he did, it was at the hands of his grenades, and then his slugthrower rifle. Yet when he ran his blade through a man's windpipe and felt his life extinguish on the other end of its handle, Jor had found a new understanding of battle. Mournful as it was that brethren were slaying brethren on this day, Jor found an important lesson amidst the chaos. The men he had killed today might have been his allies or friends, in another lifetime. Instead, there was only one certainty in the galaxy. The only certainty was war, and his willingness to embrace it.

Jor hopped into the gunship behind the curious alien Aryn Spar, bound for the spaceport. If his vibroblade thirsted for more Mandalorian blood, there he would find much of it.

Alies: [member="Tahn Vizsla"][member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Narir Tracyn"] [member="Kaden Farr"] [member="Kalyr Alor"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Daral Tal'Verda"]
Enemies: [member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Kal Ordo"] Blood Loss
Neutral Medical Aide: [member="Gray Raxis"], [member="Cynthia Raxis"] Clan Raxis

"Mantises don't scream, honey. Mantises fight and kill in silence." Another of her mother's mantras flooded into Yasha's mind as [member="Kaden Farr"] packed snow on the lacerations. He had [member="Aditya Mantis"]' paranoia in the Netherworld to thank for Yasha's pilfering of the dead. Trophies for Ra. Ra was hurting. He'd bled for his Ward. In her childish way, Yasha Mantis was repaying the hurt [member="Ra Vizsla"] suffered by taking med-kits and beskads. Medicine and weapons. Keep him alive, keep them fighting.

The scream gurgling out of her mouth held back, tight in her chest. But an ungodly pressure on her right lung made holding anything in impossible. Tears streaked down her face. Yasha was being foolish.

Mantises didn't cry. Or scream. Or admit they were in pain. They barely talked at all. Mantises were strong and quiet like [member="Preliat Mantis"]. They were tough like [member="Ra Vizsla"]. But Yasha's eyes were streaking with light, even with her eyes shut and Kaden's hand covering her. The illumination off the snow burned at her retinas, a genetic fault given to her by her mother. An un-Mantis weakness in an otherwise resilient girl.

"I can't see... I can't see." Yasha panted, still trying to suck breath into both her lungs, hindered by the air pocket the concussive force of [member="Kal Ordo"]'s bullet. Panic was an unfamiliar sensation Yasha discovered the moment Ra took Kentarch's sword in his gut. She was sick with it. Condemned to the desire to rush into the fray and slice [member="Mia Monroe"] to ribbons so her beloved guardian could heal. So Ra could live. So she didn't have to survive knowing yet another parental figure died for an inconsequential little girl.

The cacophony filtered in her helpless ears... it scared her more than seeing her remaining parent and guardian in need of bacta. Yasha was utterly helpless to the blaster fire, speeder crashes, the war. She could do nothing to defend her Kaden. Her [member="Narir Tracyn"], but sit back against the snow while Kaden cleaned her bloody face.

Was this what her Mama felt, when she talked about Daddy? The way Aditya told it, love was knowing Preliat Mantis always had his family's safety. Since before Yasha was born, he was defending them, giving Aditya his buy'ce, when her eyes gave out on Vorzyd. Refusing to let death touch his wife and unborn daughter. Draped in the panic of pain, Yasha felt Kaden's hand on her eyes and for a flash, thought she understood why Aditya fought so hard to come home.

"I'm scared." The tremble of a girl, who refused to admit fear existed, given to her best friend in a whispered moment of abject trust. She put her goggles on, biting the inside of her lip at the pain it caused on her lacerated nose. As the world once more came into clarity, Yasha grunted and pushed up along the snowbank to her feet. Her right arm remained glued to her side. She picked up her MT-14 blaster pistol and aimed at the insurgents targeting Kaden, Narir and [member="Kalyr Alor"].

Every time she fired, a slice of pain tore at her side. Her lung heaved. She winced and fired again. No more. Not a single one of these insurgent losers were getting any more blood from Death Watch. The pain stole air from her lungs, but Yasha kept firing to give [member="Kalyr Alor"] the chance to get out of the speeder wreck.

"Re-reg-guh..." Trying to say 'regroup', Yasha canted to her knees, back sliding against a snowbank as she rasped.

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
Enemies: Mia's Insurrectionists & neutral third parties, if they cross the line

Briika walked to the side of the Beast of Burden with her "Kath Hound" at the ready as [member="Vilaz Munin"] ordered his men to move out towards where the rogue Clan Raxis had set up shop as 'humanitarian aid workers' while the civil war between Mia's Insurrectionists and Ra's Death Watch, whom Clan Munin was firmly in lock step with, raged on in the capital city of the North.

With each thunderous step of the quadrupedal Kay'calyr-class bes'uliik, heavy footprints were set into the snow-covered frozen tundra where splotches of red discolored the otherwise finely crystalized whiteness; some of the blood spilled was fresh and some old from the previous battle that had taken place at Cold Iron City just a short time ago when the civil war had first started. The Tor was glad that the Munin had a trusted lieutenant in [member="Daral Tal'Verda"] ever since the Battle of Sundari. The Akaan needed someone who could fight at his level and back him up, and that the clone could definitely do.

The seasoned Baar'ur was monitoring the comms when she picked up on a medical SOS being broadcast by [member="Narir Tracyn"] to [member="Gray Raxis"], who was supposed to be with [member="Kaden Farr"] and [member="Yasha Mantis"]. A mother's bad feeling gripped her mind, body and soul, which turned from worry to anger the young Mandos had to be in the position they were to begin with.

[Vilaz... We need to double time it to those coordinates. The ver'ade are in trouble.] she keyed over their private channel between them, not knowing [member="Kalyr Alor"] was also with the children.

Objective: Main- Save the culture and injured ; Current- Responding to [member="Narir Tracyn"] and [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Kaden Farr"] [member="Kalyr Alor"]
Allies: Mandalorians ; Clan Raxis ; [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Cynthia Raxis"]
Enemies: Currently none but possibly Clan Munin, [member="Briika Tor"] [member="Vilaz Munin"]
Equipment: Raxi'gam ; Whisper (lightsaber) ; WESTAR 35 pistol ; Ms. Medica pack

Things were progressing smoothly so far. No one was shooting or threatening them so far as the medical symbols were being quickly painted onto all of the ships. The Raxis wolf watched over the clan in its blue and grey way. Gray couldn't see it, but he felt connected to it. He had been the one to create their clan symbol and built it up to what it was after all. He wanted the clan to stand together and not be about the individual, the same way the wolf was. Everything he had done was for his clan and for his people, so he just hoped it was enough in the end to have him remembered fondly if remembered at all.

One of the clansman called out that the last group of ships would be done in 5 minutes, which got a nod from Gray. That was good news. Perhaps they could soon be able to get out there and help their people who were caught up in all of the fighting. As this thought crossed his mind a beeping from his helmet caught his attention. He slipped it back on and heard a transmission being sent from out to him from a... boy? As he listened he began to move. The nearest transport ship he hailed and ordered up in the air. Coordinates had been given in the message and so that was where he was going. He sent a message across the clan channel, " Star you have command. I'm responding to that message right now. Once those ships are done head towards the museum and city hall to recover the artifacts. Injured people and refugees take priority though. Cynthia join up with Star and provide scouting and cover fire. I'll regroup with you as soon as I have taken care of this request. For Clan Raxis. For Mandalore."

The ship was up in the air and moving out towards the coordinates given before Gray had finished his orders to the clan. The ship was going as fast as it could as he sent a message back to Narir, " This is Alor Gray Raxis. I received your request and am on my way to the coordinates given. Be ready for pick up. I shouldn't be more than a few minutes." As he ended the message the ship rocked from a stray shot hitting it. Before he could even ask the co-pilot told him they were fine. The ship was hit a second time with the same result. Seemed they weren't going to have a carefree flight through the battlefield like he hoped, not that he expected it to be. He just hoped the boy who sent the message was ready like he asked when they got there.

Objective: Defeat Mia Monroe
Allies: Death Watch [member="Aryn Spar"] [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Kervo Namadi"] [member=Tahn Vizsla] [member=Kaden Farr] [member="Tal Vizsla"] [member=Silas Mantis] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member=Narir Tracyn]
Enemies: Insurrectionists [member="Mia Monroe"] | [member="Kal Ordo"] | [member="Vila Sayne"] | [member="Ru Tetsuya"] | [member="Rekali the Hutt"] [member=Cynthia Raxis]
Neutral: [member="Gray Raxis"]

Ra's injuries were beginning to overcome him. It was apparent in his sluggish movement. Despite his age, Mand'alor was one of the most fierce combatants to ever pick up the Mantle. His prowess had reached far among the stars... and the sheer intimidation he brought to bear in name of Mandalore put him at the forefront of every battle.

The man simply never backed down.

Every challenge, every fight. Ra was there. There were no excuses, no reasons for why he never answered the call.

Ra was always there. Lead from the front, he would say.

But the Undying had been through the gauntlet. From the very beginning of this War, his body had been battered and broken. From the assassin on the night Ra convened with Death Watch to the fight with Mia now, Mand'alor had been shot, gutted several times, had a tower fall on him... there had been no end to the violence, and the body of the Mand'alor had taken the brunt of it all. Monroe might claim she had a price to pay now, screaming in his face, but Ra had been paying it this entire War.

His eyes began to close unwillingly, and the sides of his vision blurred. The blood loss had been monumental. The strange Sith, Darth Kentarch, had seen to that in Sundari. This is why Ra was sluggish. This is why Ra was slow.

This is why Ra grew cold.

He brought up his gauntlet to block to beskad, but he was too slow, and the beskad made its way to his helmet unchecked. Sparks erupted from the Mand'alors face, sending the massive beast realing backwards with a massive gash on his helmet as his red vizor began to flicker on and off. He stumbled, his rage subsiding, and the brutish man turned back quickly to strike back at Mia. A strike that he would intend to kill her, to end this war, to save his people from this Liberator. A strike he knew he could make, even at his worst.

But Ra was beyond his worst, and beyond his own known capabilities. He spun around once more, staggering, unable to strike.

And sank to his knees on the duracrete.

"Enough..."

Enemies: [member="Mia Monroe"]
Objective: To see the end

It happened in an instance. His eyes broke from marching to his brother's fight to looking over. Something pulled at his mind to look, to see, to observe. Intuition, or perhaps destiny. His eyes locked onto the distant hulking mass of [member="Ra Vizsla"]. And the distinct outline of [member="Mia Monroe"]'s armor, her stance.

Preliat turned and left his brother to his own capable devices. [member="Silas Mantis"] was not a man to be taken lightly- one single combatant was not going to weigh his younger brother, or pose much of a threat to him. Preliat saw Ra fall to his knees. Saw his body give way to fatigue.

And Preliat Mantis- moved. He moved like a demon, something that parents would tell their children about at night. Mandalorians loyal to Mia came at him, but were smashed out of his way, like he was a train and they were in his way. Mia, being touched by the force, could feel him coming. The seeds of rage had been sewn long ago. The fruits of the Sith's labor, the bitter wars, the heartache- were coming to harvest.

There was not a grand entity that was the object of his rage, was the subject of his ire. It was a singular person. It was the fault in his stars. Mia Monroe stood between him and a sense of closure, of the possibility of peace and happiness. She had taken from him a life, stolen a life of tranquility from his daughter, and life itself from his beloved. There would be no stopping him. She caused this war. She caused him and Jasper to duel and to him to have to take his buir's life.

Preliat's screams were the thing of nightmares, as he came barreling towards Mia. Truthfully, at the end of it all, following Ra, his loyalty to him was not because he agreed with anything he ever said, or did. Preliat did not care about the clans, about the Mando'ade anymore. They had broken him, demanded much of his body and of his soul. He gave a leg for them, and they took much more. He shed enough blood to fill an ocean for them- for nothing. It all fell apart.

Everything Preliat ever had fell apart. Because of people like Mia Monroe.

He closed the distance with his jetpack- and went to kick Mia, with both the velocity and power behind a man his size coming at her on a jetpack- but also with the leg that his wife made for him- the one that happened to kick as hard as a small speeder crashing into someone. He aimed for her chest. Biggest target, biggest impact.

The biggest frak you.

Allies: [member="Kaden Farr"] [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Briika Tor"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Kalyr Alor"]
Enemies: [member="Kal Ordo"]

The insurgents that attempted to target them didn't stand a chance. Of the three Lost Ones, only Narir had made it through the battle at the spaceport with minimal injury. Kaden was taking care of Yasha, and they had a vod down in a speeder crash. Narir sized up the situation, and his eyes and heart grew cold. The battle in Sundari had all but quenched his fire, but it was back, and rather than be destroyed, it had simply changed. People say that when you touch a fire, and it feels cold, it doesn't mean there's no heat. It means that the heat is so intense that there is nothing left in your hand to feel it. Narir's brown eyes blazed with cold fire; cold, calculating, hard as flint fire. He had the rage, but this time he was in control.

There were only a few insurgents left, enough for the young Mando'ade to at least have some fun. He rose from his position like a wraith, and charged. There was no blood-curdling battle cry, no bad pun to capture the moment. Only the sounds of a medkit being scooped from the snow and a personal shield activating. Narir stuffed the kit in his pocket, blocking a spray of fire with his personal shield. He took aim and fired a stream of pulses from his wrist blaster, forcing his attacker back under cover. He closed the distance to the speeder rapidly, using his blaster to keep his enemies pinned down, until he finally drew close enough to really deal some damage. He slid the last few meters and drew a sonic grenade from his pack. He toned down the lethality, threw it and covered his ears. There was a detonation and a series of screams. The blast had probably harmed his vod, but he'd rather have a stunned and pissed off vod than a dead one.

Narir vaulted the wreckage, and got to work. Flames had always been his strong suit, and now he could use them; though it was far from an enjoyable experience. There's no challenge to dealing with a couple of men squealing like infants with their hands over the ears of their helmets. One of them, far enough from the blast, tried to make a break for it, but Narir was having none of that. He launched his whipcord, heaving with all his fourteen year old strength, and yanked the man back. The man struggled out of the cord, but by then Narir was on him. A punch to the gut and he doubled over; Narir put a repulsor to his face and blasted him into the air. The man went flying, followed by a very precisely timed thermal detonator. the aerial explosion was quite spectacular indeed.

Narir found his fallen vod, and put hands on his shoulders.

"Hey, you still alive?" he asked in typical Mandalorian fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom