Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private [Centerra] Reminiscence Shard Archive Heist

wb1.png

TAGS:
Valery Noble Valery Noble
0_1.png

mattboarder.png

"I'm never truly satisfied I suppose. There's always something more to do. Alas. You enjoy your evening and get some rest.. I need to actually attend to a few more matters. This was nice however." He offered her a smile before departing.

As the ship gracefully descended towards Centerra, the lush greenery and crystal-blue waters of the planet came into view. The Temple of the Sun and Moon stood proudly on a small island, its intricate spires reaching towards the sky. As the landing ramp lowered, Matthew and Valery stepped out onto the welcoming soil of Centerra.

A gentle breeze carried the scent of blooming flowers, and the distant sound of waves crashing against the shore added to the tranquil atmosphere. .

Just as they were about to make their way towards the temple, a Jedi Knight approached them. The knight's robes flowed gracefully in the breeze, and the symbol of the Sunstar Order adorned their chest. With a warm smile, the knight extended a respectful bow to Matthew and Valery.

"Welcome, Senechal Matthew and esteemed guest Valery," the knight greeted them. "I am Seren Vask, a knight of the Sunstar Order. I have been sent to greet you and discuss an urgent matter."

Matthew acknowledged the knight with a nod.

"We've recently received reports of stolen reminiscence shards," Seren explained. "These shards contain precious memories and knowledge, and they hold great importance to our Order. It appears that the thieves have taken them to a remote location on Centerra, and we believe they plan to sell them on the black market."

Seren took a moment to explain how the Sunstar Order came across the information about the stolen reminiscence shards. "It was actually a former Twilight Vanguard member who provided us with this crucial information," Seren began.

"While investigating, one of our Twilight Vanguard operatives intercepted encrypted communications mentioning the stolen reminiscence shards," Seren continued. "The thieves were discussing their plan to sell the shards on the black market to the highest bidder. Our agent managed to extract the location where they planned to make the exchange. We believe the thieves have connections with criminal organizations that specialize in dealing with valuable artifacts and information. Given their dangerous nature, we have been cautious in approaching them directly."

Matthew nodded, "Thank you kindly for the information." Matthew stated as he accepted a small object from the man.

sunstara.png

Centerra
div-orange.png
Wearing: Robes
Tag:
Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale

Valery nodded with a smile and raised her glass to her lips one last time. "You have a nice evening as well," she told him before she'd linger just a little longer to finish her drink. Once she was done and felt satisfied with her time in the lounge, she returned to her room for some proper rest. She was going to need it for the next day.

After eventually making their way down to the surface, Valery stood at the ramp in her own Jedi gear again. The tunic, the lightsabers clipped to her belt, and her hair pulled back into a ponytail — she was ready for trouble and had a feeling that it was going to be necessary. On a planet that felt as peaceful as Centerra, those who would commit crimes and cause harm to others somehow felt like an even greater evil than on other worlds.

What would drive someone to do horrible things on a planet like this?

Once she stepped out, Valery admired the beauty of the world only for a short moment, before she turned to the Knight who approached them. She dipped her head in greeting and offered a kind smile while she listened to what he had to say. There was a lot of danger when it came to these shards falling into the wrong hands, so she understood he had waited for Matthew to return with a bit of help.

"We'll do our best to return what was taken," Valery said in agreement, her eyes turning to the small object Matthew was given. She perked a brow but figured he'd explain that himself.

Matthew turned to Valery, a serious expression on his face. "The Reliquary is the criminal organization we're looking out for," he said, his voice tinged with a mixture of concern and determination. "Fortunately, they are mostly comprised of wealthy collectors, but don't be fooled by their elegant facade. They're willing to spill blood to obtain those fancy objects to boast about in their twisted collections."

He paused for a moment, allowing the weight of his words to sink in. The Reliquary was notorious for its connections to high society and the influential elite, making them a dangerous adversary.

"They operate with cunning and stealth, hiding their true intentions behind a veneer of sophistication," Matthew continued. "Their reach extends far and wide, and they've been known to trade in forbidden knowledge and artifacts that could have devastating consequences if mishandled. It appears there's an upper-crust event where they will be auctioned off under a pseudonym. "
sunstara.png

Centerra
div-orange.png
Tag:

"Warning noted," Valery said as she listened to Matthew, and picked up on his expression changing a little. He had always seemed calm and relaxed, so for him to grow more serious got the message across quite well to her. If the Reliquary was truly this dangerous, she'd approach them with cautious, and prepare herself for a rather nasty encounter.

She was ready for it.

"I'm quite familiar with these types of tactics," Valery then said with a nod. She had, after all, been a Jedi Shadow once. So if she wasn't being stealthy herself, she was often dealing with organizations or targets who were. "We might have an advantage because they surely won't recognize me, right? Unless they're very aware of the greater Galaxy." That got her to think, and for a moment, it had her quiet before she looked back up.

"I assume we'll be going to this event, but should we try to go undercover? Or at least hide our appearance someway, or take on a fake identity or role?"

"Bidding at such steep levels could certainly make us the center of attention," Matthew pondered aloud, his brow furrowing slightly with consideration. "If that's the path you want to tread, we can certainly venture down it."

He paused, weighing his next words carefully, "However, my inclination leans towards locating them before the auction even commences, quietly extracting them from the situation." The proposition hung in the air between them, a new strategy to consider.

Matthew's gaze sought hers, reflecting both his curiosity and the gravity of their decision. "What, in your judgment, is the better course of action?" he inquired, genuinely interested in her viewpoint.
sunstara.png

Centerra
div-orange.png
Tag:

Matthew offered another option, and after a moment of quiet consideration, Valery made up her mind and looked up into his eyes to meet his gaze. She dipped her head and let out a soft breath, "I agree with your plan. We should try to extract them before the auction first. If that fails, we can always adapt and still try to get them at the auction itself." If they immediately tried at the auction and then ran into trouble, they might not have another shot at it.

Not without locating the buyers and confronting them.

"That said, you know this planet far better than I do, so I'll follow your lead." She had no issue placing her trust in him, not after what they already talked about on Coruscant and back on the ship. He had the experience, the knowledge and skills, so she had no trouble following him into any situation, really.

Hopefully, it wasn't going to get too crazy though.

"Anything else we need before we leave?"

Matthew met Valery's gaze, appreciating the trust she had in him. Her decision aligned with his own assessment, and he nodded in agreement. "I think you're making the right call, Valery," he replied. "Extracting the shards before the auction gives us the advantage of surprise. And you're absolutely right, if things go south during the extraction, we'll still have the option to confront them at the auction."

He took a moment to consider their approach. "Confronting them at the auction would be a last resort. It's a crowded and public place, and if they manage to slip away, it might be difficult to track them down again. Our best chance is to catch them off guard."

Valery's willingness to follow his lead warmed his heart. "Thank you for your trust," Matthew said sincerely. "Your skills and abilities are going to be crucial in this mission. We'll need to work as a team, and I'm confident we can get this done."

As for her question about preparations, Matthew considered for a moment. "We have the necessary intel from the data chip Seren gave us," he replied. "Our contacts have provided some additional information about the auction's location and security measures. We've also arranged for a discreet transport that can get us close to the extraction point."

He took a small pause, thinking about any other essentials. "Gear-wise, we're well-equipped. Just make sure your lightsabers are ready and your senses attuned to any disturbances. This is uncharted territory, and things can change quickly. Are there any last changes you wish to make to your attire?"

sunstara.png

Centerra
div-orange.png
Tag:

"Of course, you've earned the trust." They hadn't interacted all that much yet, but what Valery had seen and experienced so far had definitely built up enough trust. Besides, he understood the planet and its people far better than she ever could, so relying on his instincts and experience was the wise decision. "And I'm sure we'll work as a good team. Just... I don't have as much experience on this planet, so please tell me if there's anything I need to know."

The last thing she wanted was to start causing diplomatic incidents because of a lack of experience with the culture, people or other customs on the planet.

Valery then listened to what he said about the intel and dipped her head, "I think I know and have everything I need for the mission," she said with a warm smile. "I'll stick with the current outfit, and I always have my lightsabers ready." This time, she flashed a bit of a grin and raised a hand up through her hair.

"Lead the way, and let's get those shards back."

Matthew stepped forward, his stride assured as he led the way through the bustling streets of Centerra. The city's vibrant atmosphere juxtaposed their mission's gravity, a reminder of the delicate balance they were working to restore. He navigated with familiarity, taking shortcuts and sidestreets that only a local would know, while Valery followed with ease.

Their path led them to a discreet entrance, concealed from the prying eyes of those who frequented the bustling streets. Matthew motioned for Valery to follow him, and they descended into an underground passageway that led to a network of hidden routes.

As they moved deeper into the shadows, Matthew turned to Valery. "In some parts of Centerra, it's customary to greet with a nod rather than a direct verbal greeting. It's seen as respectful and avoids misunderstandings. The [Aelorian] are hyper-force sensitives who like to greet mentally so they may have poor interactions with those not accustomed to telepathy. The [Marbrecretian]'s and the [Sanguiorian]'s are both rather aggressive and can be best avoided or treated with caution. "

Matthew explained. "There is a race called the [Cellestella] that aren't very well known openly and are something akin to gods here in various cultures. They are distant ancestors to my people and often hide among us. They are immensely powerful beings that control the balance of our solar system's unique.... patterns. "

Their surroundings gradually shifted as they continued deeper into the hidden underbelly of Centerra. The air was tinged with an air of secrecy, the passageways whispering tales of those who'd walked this path before them.

sunstara.png

Centerra
div-orange.png
Tag:

"You really know your way around this place, huh?" Valery asked, having lost track of where she was several times at this point. But she trusted that Matthew wasn't leading them in circles, and continued to follow him wherever he went. Along the way, he explained more about the planet and the people living on it as well, and she did her best to take mental notes of it. Still, it seemed like a lot and these types of things could be complex, so she'd probably just follow his lead.

If he nodded, she'd nod. If she felt a mental greeting, she'd return it with Telepathy of her own.

"Well, hopefully we don't run into any of the more aggressive people living here..." she muttered, but something gave her the impression that it would be exactly what they'd find. They were far more likely to be responsible for the theft of the shards, right? It certainly couldn't have been someone like Matthew.

Or so she hoped.

"How much further until we're there?" She eventually asked, as they got deeper and deeper into the underbelly of the planet. It reminded her a little bit of Coruscant's lower levels. Not in terms of architecture, but in terms of atmosphere. The secrets, the memories, and the emotions were all so vivid.

She'd have to be careful that she wouldn't tap into them on accident.

Matthew glanced back at Valery and offered a reassuring smile. "We're almost there. Just one more turn and you'll see what I mean."

As they rounded the corner, the dimly lit corridors opened up into a more expansive area, illuminated by the soft glow of phosphorescent lichen on the walls. Lined up were a series of carriages, but these were no ordinary transports. Hitched to them were creatures that looked like an amalgamation of bird, dragon, and horse—feathers blending into scales, wings folded at their sides, and hooves that seemed specially adapted for the terrain.

"These are Serenfenns, the primary mode of transportation around here. Fast, reliable, and they understand mental commands, which makes them remarkably easy to direct," Matthew explained as he led Valery closer.

Without needing any further instruction, one of the Serenfenns stepped forward, its eyes glowing softly as if recognizing Matthew. With a graceful motion, he placed his hand on the creature's snout, sharing a brief but meaningful mental exchange.

"The carriage will take us to the auction house. Trust me, it's an experience you won't want to miss," he said, assisting Valery into the carriage before securing the door.

As the Serenfenns started moving, the carriage glided smoothly over the uneven terrain. Soon, they were ascending, leaving behind the maze-like underbelly and moving into a part of the city where the architecture became increasingly elaborate.

Finally, the carriage came to a halt in front of a grand building that could only be the auction house. It was a marvel, a fusion of various architectural styles from different epochs. Ornate pillars stood beside walls that appeared to be made of shimmering liquid metal, the entire edifice shimmering with a life of its own. Neon banners floated in the air, displaying information about upcoming auctions in shifting, holographic script.

Matthew looked at Valery, seeing her awe-struck expression reflected in his own anticipation. "We're here. The auction house. It's where history and fortune change hands, where the fate of many is decided by the few."

And with that, he stepped out of the carriage, offering his hand to assist Valery as well. As they stood there, taking in the spectacle before them.

Centerra
div-orange.png
Tag:

"Woah-"

Valery blinked in surprise, then seemed a bit stunned at the sight of the creatures that were pulling the carriage. She had seen a lot of beautiful and strange animals throughout the Galaxy, but never anything quite like these. "They're beautiful and we're going to get to ride in this carriage?" she asked, clearly hopeful that she wasn't going to miss out on it. Valery loved the thrill of her stupidly fast speeder bike, but something like this was a lot of fun too.

She already imagined herself inside with her husband.

"I definitely don't want to miss this," Valery said with a wide grin, as she used his help to get inside the carriage. Inside, she slowly lowered herself into the seat, and was practically glued to the window right after. She loved everything she was seeing, and soon turned to him with a lot of excitement in her gaze. So much so, that she even seemed a little embarrassed.

For just a moment, she wasn't the composed Jedi Master.

"I look forward to seeing what it's like inside there, and find out what the people are like," she told him before she took his hand and carefully made her way back out of the carriage.

"I'll uh, follow your lead?"

Matthew led Valery through the entrance, the heavy doors closing behind them with a sense of finality. He paused for a moment, taking in the labyrinthine layout of the auction house. He didn't have much time. "Stay close," he whispered to Valery as he darted forward, his cloak trailing behind him. His eyes darted from sign to sign, dismissing irrelevant directions as he honed in on his true objective: the backstage area, where the most valuable items, like the stolen Reminiscent Shards, would be kept.

Elara leaned against the wall, her helmet obscuring her face but not her keen senses. The HUD displayed vital information, but right now, her attention was focused on the new entries: Matthew and Valery. They looked out of place, definitely not the usual kind of scum and villainy she'd expect in an auction like this.

"Looks like we've got some tourists," she muttered to herself.

She pushed off from the wall and blended into the crowd, her armor adjusting its coloration to match the environment, effectively cloaking her. The auction items were of high interest to many parties, but it was the Reminiscent Shards stolen from the Sunstar Order that was her true objective. Her employer had been very specific: those shards shouldn't fall into the hands of the Sunstar Order again.

As Matthew and Valery moved deeper into the maze-like layout, clearly looking for a way backstage, Elara activated her commlink.

"Quinn, keep tabs on the duo who just walked in. One's a man in a dark cloak and the other is a woman in what looks like traditional Sunstar attire. They're sniffing around, and I don't like it."

Quinn: "On it, Elara. I'm pulling up the security feeds now. Hmm, they definitely look like they're on a mission. Do you want me to slow them down? Maybe lock a few doors?"

Elara: "Not yet, let's see what they're really after. Get ready to initiate a security protocol in case they get too close to the shards."

Elara trailed Matthew and Valery discreetly. It was obvious to her trained eyes that Matthew was the one leading, his eyes scanning for any signs directing towards the backstage.

Elara fingered the blaster at her side. If they found out where the Reminiscent Shards were being kept before the auction, things could get messy. And Elara hated messy; it was bad for business.

Quinn: "They're approaching the restricted area. Your call, Elara."

Elara: "Initiate lockdown on the doors leading to the shards. Divert the security guards to another emergency, maybe a fake alarm."

Quinn: "You got it."

The door Matthew was reaching for beeped and flashed red, locked just as he touched the handle. A loud alarm echoed through another part of the building, and the security guards who were close by immediately ran in that direction.

Elara smirked inside her helmet. Now it was time for a more direct approach. She stepped out from her hidden vantage point and moved closer, her armor reverting to its original color.

"Looking for something?" she said, her voice distorted through the helmet's speakers, as she approached Matthew and Valery. "This area is off-limits."

Elara knew that if they were indeed after the Reminiscent Shards, they had a decision to make: Back off or confront her. And if it was the latter, she was more than ready.
sunstara.png

Last edited:

Centerra
div-orange.png
Tag:

Valery did as Matthew asked, and trailed close behind him while they walked through the building and maneuvered through the crowds. Trained as a Jedi Shadow, she knew how to remain unseen, and could even turn invisible if she wanted to. But they were on a timer, and she relied on Matthew too much — this meant staying close to the huge man who more than likely drew a ton more attention than she did.

Even if she was the one out of place.

"I have a weird feeling about this, Matthew," Valery said as they closed in on the door they needed to reach. It was as if someone was breathing down their necks and watching them closely, but Valery couldn't afford to suspiciously look around. She'd surely reveal that something was off, and it'd give the guards a reason to remove them.

She had to play it smart.

Tension in the Force was rising until the very moment he reached for the door. She hoped for it to open and held her breath, but... a warning signal appeared and the door locked down. She could tell that something changed in the aura of the room and turned around to face the woman who finally appeared.

They had been followed.

"Oh really? We must have taken a wrong turn somewhere, then," Valery said without hesitation or fear in her tone at all. She had been trained to lie when necessary and backed it up with a completely calm smile. Nothing about her made her feel or look like she had just been caught in the act.

Matthew felt the door lock under his touch and sighed. Years of training in clandestine operations and dodgy situations told him that things were about to get complicated. He heard Valery's calm response to their uninvited follower and appreciated her poise.

"I suppose you're right, ~Darling~. Easy to get lost in a place like this," Matthew said, leaning into the lie while turning his attention to the woman who had appeared before them. His voice carried a weight of feigned ignorance, but his eyes were alert, searching for any sign of hostility.

He knew they had drawn attention; Valery's unease was evidence enough. The tension in the Force hadn't been just her imagination. Although his skills were more aligned with command and strategy, he trusted Valery's instincts.

"We were just looking for the refreshments. Is there a cantina nearby?" Matthew inquired, offering a disarming smile.

Inside, he was calculating the risks of the situation. If words failed them, would it come down to blasters or lightsabers? He hoped not. Violence in a setting like this would attract all sorts of unwanted attention and pose a danger to the eventgoers.
Elara looked at them, her helmet hiding any emotion. She listened to their conversation through her helmet's speakers. These two were good, especially the woman. A Jedi Shadow if she wasn't mistaken, and by the looks of it, highly trained. Her employer had warned her about possible Jedi Order involvement, but the cautionary note had been vague. Jedi were after all creatures of legend on this planet. She couldn't be entirely sure at this point however.

"A cantina, you say? You're quite a distance away from any refreshments," Elara responded, her voice still masked by the vocal distorter in her helmet.

While part of her relished the challenge these two presented, she was also fully aware that she couldn't underestimate them. Especially not with the Force involved

Matthew chuckled at Elara's response, still playing the part of a confused but well-meaning guest. "Ah, my mistake. Thank you for clarifying. We're clearly out of our depth here."

He leaned a bit closer, lowering his voice as if sharing a confidential tidbit. "You see, it's our first time in an establishment like this. A friend of ours, Drex Vorlian—you might know him, local businessman with quite the... let's say, diverse portfolio—recommended that we come here. Said it's the perfect place to find an impressive gift that would win over my ~Snuggle-Muffin~."

Matthew's tone suggested a familiarity with Drex Vorlian, enough to indicate a relationship but not too much to be unbelievable. He looked at Elara's helmet, unable to see her eyes but aiming to catch her attention nonetheless. "We're clearly lost, as you can see. Any chance you could assist us? Point us in the right direction?"

The name Drex Vorlian echoed inside Elara's helmet. She knew of him, a prominent figure in the local criminal underworld. If these two were connected to Vorlian, she had to tread carefully; killing or even upsetting associates of a crime boss could make things complicated for her. But could they be bluffing? Elara was keenly aware that she'd need more than a name drop to trust them.

"I see. Drex Vorlian does have a reputation for fine taste," Elara said, still maintaining her voice's digital distortion. "If you're looking for exotic items to impress, you're in the right place, but not the right area. The high-value auction will commence in another wing of this establishment. Would you like me to guide you there?"

Her finger hovered over a concealed button on her gauntlet, ready to trigger her personal defenses should things go south. She couldn't tell if Matthew and Valery were as innocent as they pretended to be. In her line of work, appearances were often deceiving.
sunstara.png

Centerra
div-orange.png
Tag:

Darling?

Valery blinked and looked at Matthew, but understood quickly that he was putting them in a role that'd make it easier to get out of this situation. So she smiled along and listened to the exchange. There was obvious suspicion she could pick up on even with the woman wearing something that covered her face. It was in the Force, but the situation naturally warranted it — his hand had just touched the handle of a door into an off-limits room.

That'd be suspicious to any guard, regardless of the excuses for it. They even had every right to remove the two, but something kept them from doing that.

Valery then continued to listen and took note of the tone Matthew used, but also the name he used. It was clearly an attempt to change the atmosphere, and she could feel it in the Force. Elara was trying to really hide her reaction and-

Wait, did he call me a snuggle muffin? Valery thought to herself and blushed faintly at the sudden embarrassment. She looked at him then, and briefly held his arm with both hands while she leaned into him. Nothing absurd and she hoped she wasn't crossing his boundaries, but she also made sure not to cross her own. They were then given an option, and she let go of his arm to make up her mind.

"...sure, though we'd like some privacy after that. I'm sure you understand." She smiled innocently and looked up at Matthew.

<We've got to ditch her,> she said telepathically.

Elara observed the intimacy between Valery and Matthew—the arm-holding, the leaning in—and for a moment, her sensors nearly picked up the quickening of her own pulse. The "Snuggle-Muffin" comment had seemed like an overplay, but Valery's physical reaction to Matthew lent an ounce of credibility to their story.

Yet Elara's suspicion still hung heavily in the air; she was not one to be swayed by simple theatrics. "Privacy can be a rare commodity in a place like this, especially on auction day," she responded, her voice still unyielding behind the modulation of her helmet. "But I'm sure something can be arranged."

She glanced between the two of them, her concealed eyes narrowing. Were they going to accept her offer, or make a run for it? Elara's finger still hovered over the hidden trigger on her gauntlet, ready for any sudden moves.

Matthew sensed Valery's telepathic message as her hands tightened momentarily on his arm. He understood her entirely; Elara was a wild card they couldn't afford to keep in the deck.

"Excellent, we appreciate the courtesy," Matthew said, his voice rich with feigned gratitude. "It's good to know there are still some who value customer service. Right, ~Honey-Cakes~?"

He glanced at Valery, a knowing look in his eyes as he met her gaze. Their cover story was ludicrous, but as long as it bought them time and a bit of freedom, it served its purpose. However, it was becoming abundantly clear that they'd need to shake Elara off their tail sooner rather than later.
Matthew tightened his grip on Valery's hand, hoping to subtly convey the urgency. They were walking on a razor's edge, and one false step could turn their covert mission into a firefight they didn't want.

Matthew had caught the subtleties in Elara's tone and stance, noting how her finger hovered near what he assumed was a trigger mechanism. The air was tense, thick with unspoken words and veiled intentions.

"Your offer of guidance is most kind, and we'd be honored to accept," he said, layering on the graciousness as thickly as he dared. "A private balcony booth would give us the perfect vantage point to find something truly special. Lead the way, if you would."

He released Valery's hand momentarily, giving her a small nod to indicate that he was ready for whatever came next. Keeping a safe distance from Elara but following her lead, Matthew took this moment to assess their surroundings and potential exit points. He had no doubt they were stepping further into the lion's den, but it was a calculated risk. With any luck, the private setting would offer them an opportunity to turn the tables on their would-be watcher.

A slight shift in Elara's posture might have gone unnoticed to the untrained eye, but it was there—a fractional relaxation, as if a decision had been made.

"Very well," she responded. "Follow me."

With that, she guided Matthew and Valery through winding corridors and up a set of stairways, finally leading them to a secluded balcony booth that overlooked the stage where the auction was to take place. She pressed her wrist to a panel next to the booth, deactivating the privacy shields momentarily to allow them entry.

"As you can see," she began, gesturing toward the opulent setting and the view it offered, "this booth provides both privacy and a premier vantage point for discerning buyers. If you need any further assistance, I'll be just outside the booth."

She stepped aside, granting them entry. Her gauntlet still within easy reach of her defensive triggers, Elara waited to see what their next move would be. Would they settle into the booth as any genuine high-bidding customers would, or would they finally reveal their hand?

As she stepped aside to allow them entry to the booth, Elara couldn't help but notice the continued affectionate touches and loving glances between Matthew and Valery. It almost sickened her. Was it an act to maintain their cover, or were they genuinely this enamored with each other? Either way, it left a sour taste in her mouth, even if her helmet's internal systems prevented her from physically experiencing it.

"Pleasure doing business with you," she added, her voice tinged with a forced pleasantness that contradicted her inner sentiments. "Enjoy your 'private time.'"

Stepping out of the booth, Elara activated the privacy shields once more, but not without a final, lingering glance in their direction. She had an acute sense that she was potentially letting go of something volatile, something dangerous. But for now, it was a risk she was willing to take. After all, sentimentality could often be a weakness, and if these two were foolish enough to let their guard down due to their affections, that was on them.

She turned away, her hand finally moving off her concealed trigger... For now.
sunstara.png

Centerra
div-orange.png
Tag:

"It's good to know there are still some who value customer service. Right, ~Honey-Cakes~?"

Valery blinked again, the blush deepening a little — she wasn't used to this at all from Matthew, and it caught her off-guard a bit. Perhaps because it felt so genuine? She looked at him in wonder and smiled very warmly to make sure that Elara didn't grow even more suspicious. "Yes, dear," she said with a squeeze of his arm to convey more emotion. Valery then felt a squeeze of her hand in turn, and dipped her head lightly.

She understood and agreed — this woman could not stay around them. Both because it jeopardized the mission, and because it meant they'd have to stay in this role they were playing. While not the worst that could have happened, she knew they had to focus and get to those shards before it was too late.

"Yes, please," Valery then said, agreeing to go to the balcony. It'd be a good spot where they'd be able to talk without hiding their true intentions, and perhaps it gave them a good look around the building. A way to determine their next steps, even if Elara was going to be watching them closely. If they acted fast and decisive enough, nothing was going to stop the two from accomplishing the mission.

Soon enough, they were escorted to the balcony booth, and Valery was pretty quick to step inside with Matthew right behind her. The woman now even seemed a little less hostile — maybe she bought into their act? If so, they must have really done a great job at it. Either way, Valery smiled innocently as the woman left, not in a way she'd notice, but deep inside, Valery was a little smug about evading her like this.

"You know, for a second there, I was worried you'd kiss me to play your role," Valery joked with a chuckle. "But what now? Can you see anything from here?"

"I don't think we can keep playing this slow, or else we risk them catching us."

Matthew looked toward the panoramic view of the auction floor, his mind sharpening into focus. "Ah, customer service, always a refreshing touch in places like these," he said, acknowledging Valery's earlier sentiment.

Turning back to his companion, he noticed the lingering blush on Valery's face and chuckled softly. "Rest assured, had I kissed you, it would have been purely for the mission's sake, and my lips would only grace your hand, only if you had been susceptible to such. We both have people waiting for us back home, after all. But on to the matter at hand."

His eyes scanned the room below from their vantage point. The booth gave them an excellent perspective of the various items up for bid, yet the shards they were after were not immediately visible. Time was running out.

"We've bought ourselves some time, but not much. The guard seems to have believed our cover story, at least temporarily. This is our window; we must act quickly; If we descend to the stage when they bring out our target all the focus on us will be centered on the stage minimizing the potential to get innocents in our crossfire. This course of action will cause a stir and people will either seek to flee or engage us. Do you want to take this rout of action? " Matthew explained before asking keeping his tone light and gentle with a bubbly sense though his voice was above a whisper.

Matthew's demeanor was every bit the picture of a gentleman, even in these tense circumstances. His respect for Valery, both as a Jedi and a married woman, was evident in the way he maintained a polite distance while still keeping the lines of communication open and effective.

"You did great selling the story, and you're senses are sharp- keep up the good work. "
sunstara.png

Centerra
div-orange.png
Tag:

"Thank you," Valery said when he showed how much he respected her and her marriage. "I appreciate that a lot, and I don't mind playing the role either." As much as it made her blush or embarrassed, she could easily adapt and go along with anything. It was a crucial skill for a Jedi Shadow that she perfected long ago and that she would demonstrate again today. The mission was too important to be lost over embarrassing little moments.

Valery's eyes then followed his to the room down below, and she did her best to find the shards. They just weren't there yet, likely because they'd be presented last or maybe only to premium guests. Whatever the reason was, time was running out now and Matthew proposed some more drastic approach because of it.

Descend down on the stage, hm?

"That'll pull a lot of attention to us but... I'm ready." She flashed him a very confident grin and stood tall for a moment. She could easily make the jump down there with the Force, though it was going to tear apart the stage if she didn't soften the blow enough with the Force.

But before it was time to go, Matthew decided to compliment her, and she offered a much warmer smile again, "Thanks, and you've been great yourself. Now, let's get down there and retrieve those shards, shall we?" She stepped towards him and the railing of the balcony and blinked.

"...you want to just jump?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom