Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private [Centerra] Reminiscence Shard Archive Heist

wb1.png

TAGS:
Valery Noble Valery Noble
paladad_of_light_fantasy_space_ship_starwars_cruiser_elven_desi_317774a6-d67d-4caa-836f-9133fbd8ded5.png

mattboarder.png
Two days had passed since Matthew and Valery's initial meeting, and the time had come for their journey to Centerra. Matthew had made sure that everything was prepared for Valery's arrival on board the Exonerator. As Valery stepped onto the ship, she was warmly greeted by Vincent, Matthew's personal assistant and head of his servants. Vincent, with his striking violet eyes, exuded an air of professionalism and hospitality.

"Welcome aboard the Exonerator, Mistress Valery," Vincent said with a polite bow. "I am VIncent, the Major Domo here. Please allow me to show you to your quarters." He guided her through the ship, leading her to a series of themed bedrooms that were nothing short of magnificent. Each room had its own unique design, resembling a lavish hotel suite. The attention to detail and the level of comfort provided an ambiance of style and opulence.

As they walked down the elegantly decorated corridor, Vincent pointed out the intricate artwork and the exquisite furnishings. "We take great pride in ensuring our guests have a memorable and comfortable stay," he explained. "Please make yourself at home, and if you have any special requests or needs, do not hesitate to let us know."

Vincent opened the door to Valery's assigned bedroom, revealing a spacious and beautifully appointed room. The decor reflected a harmonious blend of elegance and technology, creating an atmosphere of refined luxury. "This is your private sanctuary during the journey," Vincent remarked. "Rest assured that every detail has been carefully considered to provide you with the utmost comfort."

He gestured towards the amenities and facilities within the room, including a luxurious bed, a private study area, and a stunning view of the surrounding stars through large windows. "If there's anything else you require, simply press the communication panel, and our staff will be at your service."

Vincent smiled warmly, his violet eyes shimmering with a hint of intrigue. "Once again, welcome aboard, Valery. Matthew eagerly awaits your presence in the observatory, and I'm certain your collaboration will be a remarkable experience for both of you. Should you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or any of our staff."

With that, Vincent gracefully exited the room, leaving Valery to settle in and prepare for the journey ahead. The Exonerator was ready to embark on this mission.
Reminiscence Shards Info

Reminiscence Shards are extraordinary crystals used by Matthew's people to store and relive memories. They have the unique ability to capture and preserve personal experiences, allowing individuals to revisit them as if they were reliving the moments themselves.

When memory is transferred to a Reminiscence Shard, the original memory holder must willingly sacrifice the memory, relinquishing its presence from their own mind. Once stored within the crystal, the memory can be accessed and experienced by anyone who uses the shard. The viewer sees, hears, feels, and thinks as if they were the original memory holder, immersing themselves fully in the recorded experience.

These shards hold great value to Matthew's order, particularly in their Chambers of Contrition. They serve as powerful tools for self-reflection, learning, and understanding. Through the reliving of memories, individuals can gain profound insights, deepen their connection to the past, and foster personal growth.

However, the Reminiscence Shards also carry a potential for misuse in the wrong hands. With the ability to access and experience someone else's memories, they must be safeguarded and used responsibly. Matthew's people understand the delicate balance between preserving the past and respecting the privacy and autonomy of individuals.

The Reminiscence Shards represent a bridge between the past and the present, offering a unique window into personal experiences and fostering empathy and understanding among Matthew's people. They are cherished artifacts that hold the power to illuminate the depths of one's own history and shape the future through the wisdom gained from the past.

paladad_of_light_an_opulent_scifi_fantasy_interior_bedroom_on_a_817a0e85-e0d2-4917-abd7-7d653ea91189.png

sunstara.png

Exonerator
div-orange.png
Tag: Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale

"..."

Valery blinked as Vincent's voice snapped her out of her trance. This ship, while possibly built to be used in service, was even more astonishing than the most fancy luxury cruise she knew of. From the details in furniture, to the choice of materials for its design. Valery had clearly never seen anything like it, and could barely keep her eyes from wandering around. But she didn't want to come across as rude, and quickly offered the man a warm smile. "Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm glad to finally be here." It wasn't a lie — she had been looking forward to this trip for the last two days.

Finally, she was going to learn more about these people, and if this was just a small taste of what was to come, she was even more curious now than she had already been.

"Please make yourself at home, and if you have any special requests or needs, do not hesitate to let us know."

Valery chuckled and dipper her head while she followed him through the ship. "I'll keep that in mind, but I'm not very demanding or difficult. I'm only feeling a bit... underdressed." She glanced down ather tunic, which she had specifically designed for herself to be used on-duty. But on this ship, it almost felt inappropriate to be wearing something this simplistic, even if she believed it to look quite good on her.

But it was still meant to be functional, rather than beautiful.

The two then arrived at her quarters, and Valery spent another long moment looking around. This trip was meant to be for work, but at least she'd have the evenings and nights to herself. Reading a book on the couch, enjoying a drink or relaxing on that bed seemed like a great way to destress a bit.

The Jedi life had been hard on her, after all.

"I'll meet him at the observatory in a moment. I'm just going to take a look around and I'll be there." She chuckled, walked into her room and sat down on top of the bed. But... then she remembered one crucial detail that she had totally forgotten to ask Vincent before he left.

Where even is the observatory?

Valery stepped into her quarters, crossing the threshold into a realm of refined elegance. The room was a symphony of grace and charm, enveloping her in its exquisite embrace. Soft hues of blush and lavender painted the walls, suffusing the space with a delicate and soothing aura.

A canopy bed, adorned with billowing drapes of translucent fabric, stood as the centerpiece of the room. Its ethereal presence seemed to beckon with an invitation to indulge in restful slumber. Layers of sumptuous linens, adorned with intricate lace and delicate embroidery, rested the bed, creating a sanctuary of comfort and serenity.

The room exuded an air of romance and femininity, captured in every detail. A chandelier of glistening crystals cast shimmering patterns of light across the ceiling, scattering a celestial dance of reflections. Soft, plush rugs adorned the floor, offering a gentle cushion for weary feet to tread upon.

An ornate vanity table, adorned with a gleaming antique mirror, stood as a symbol to timeless beauty. It was embellished with delicate floral carvings, its surface adorned with a collection of fragrant roses in a porcelain vase. A velvet-covered stool, embroidered with intricate patterns, invited one to indulge in moments of quiet introspection or primping rituals.

Sunlight filtered through the lacy curtains, casting a gentle glow upon the room, revealing the delicate details carefully placed with purpose. Fresh flowers, carefully arranged in crystal vases, added a burst of color and fragrance, infusing the air with their sweet scent.

In a corner of the room, a cozy reading nook beckoned with its inviting charm. A plush armchair, adorned with pastel-hued cushions, nestled beside a towering bookshelf. The shelves overflowed with volumes of literature, inviting exploration and escape into different worlds and stories.

The room was a sanctuary of tranquility, where time seemed to slow down and worries dissipated into the ether. Its ambiance evoked a sense of enchantment and refinement, inviting Valery to find solace and respite amidst the chaos of the galaxy.

The entrance of the room held a simple framed layout, where a directory and map were neatly displayed for convenience. The framed display was more than just decorative; it served a practical purpose in case of emergencies. With a gentle touch, one could easily remove the directory and map, revealing a compact and portable device that seamlessly synced with a wrist com.

The directory, elegantly organized and labeled, provided a comprehensive guide to the ship's amenities and services. It listed the various recreational areas, dining options, wellness facilities, and entertainment area venues, ensuring that guests could navigate the ship with ease and make the most of their stay. Each entry was accompanied by a brief description, enticing Valery with a myriad of possibilities to explore.

Adjacent to the directory, the map unfolded like a treasure waiting to be discovered. It showcased the ship's layout, marked with intricate details and labeled sections. If one synced the directory to their wrist com they could see color-coded paths meant for guiding guests through the ship's many corridors, ensuring a seamless and efficient journey. Valery could trace her route to the observatory, her destination highlighted with a delicate trail that wound its way through the ship's enchanting halls.

It was a seamless integration of technology and design, offering Valery a heightened sense of control and ease as she navigated the intricate pathways of the Exonerator.

There was also the excitement of getting lost or wandering about that she could always try.

Exonerator
div-orange.png

"Is it possible to get some spare clothes for at night or off-duty on the ship?" Valery asked the ship's staff after tapping the button Vincent had shown her. She felt a bit bad for asking such a thing, but the more she looked around the ship, the more she felt painfully underdressed. Some robes or a dress for the evening would be lovely, and she could still wear her tunic while she worked. As simple as it was, it still helped her represent the Jedi, and that was quite important. Although, if they had anything particularly nice, she might endulge a little and go for that instead.

Clothing styles were a part of culture, right? And she was here to learn, so it wouldn't be the end of the world.

After testing the bed by sitting on it, Valery easily spent another 10 minutes just exploring the room, and she still felt like she hadn't seen remotely everything. It was just that big and intricate, so she'd have to explore some more later. Right now, Matthew was waiting for her, and she didn't want to be a rude guest. So she went over to the map, and took a moment to study it as much as she could. She found the observatory not much later and...

...she still got lost.

"I swear it was this way," Valery mumbled to herself while she walkes around, but in truth, she had no idea where she was anymore. She just kept walking, hoping to run into Matthew or Vincent. Telling anybody else she had gotten lost was a bit too painful for her ego right now.

The sound resonated from the intercom system, and a smooth voice filled the air, captivating Valery's attention.

"Apologies for any inconvenience, Valery," Vincent's voice reverberated through the intercom, carrying a hint of warmth and sincerity. "I've arranged for our tailor to pay you a visit at your convenience. They will be able to provide you with a selection of ensembles to suit your preferences. Simply let them know your preferences, and they will ensure you are properly attired for evenings or off-duty moments on the ship. We want you to feel comfortable and at ease during your stay."

As she continued her search for the observatory, Valery stumbled upon a set of grand double doors. As she drew near, the doors slid open to reveal a magnificent cocktail lounge. The room exuded an aura of sophistication and elegance, with soft ambient lighting casting a warm glow upon the surroundings.

Any one entering may have felt their eyes drawn to the centerpiece of the lounge—a magnificent bar, its polished surface gleaming under the radiant lights. The bar itself seemed to stretch on for miles, lined with an impressive array of colorful bottles and glassware, promising a delightful selection of beverages to satisfy any palate.

In the center of the room's stage area stood a breathtaking crystal organ, its delicate glass keys resembling a piano. When touched, the keys emitted soft, ethereal notes that reverberated throughout the lounge, filling the space with enchanting melodies. The crystal organ seemed like a work of art, a masterpiece crafted with precision and elegance.

As Valery explored the lounge further, her gaze was captured by three distinct artistic installations strategically placed throughout the space. The first installation featured a captivating holographic display, depicting a mesmerizing dance of stars and galaxies.

The second installation showcased a dynamic sculpture composed of floating orbs, each emitting a different hue and texture. The orbs seemed to dance in synchrony, creating a mesmerizing interplay of colors and shapes, captivating the onlookers' senses.

Lastly, an intricately woven tapestry adorned one of the lounge's walls, depicting vibrant scenes of diverse cultures and landscapes from across the galaxy. The tapestry seemed to come alive, its intricate details telling stories of unity, diversity, and the beauty of interconnectedness.

As Valery stood amidst the cocktail lounge's artistic marvels, it was as if the ship's commitment to creating an immersive and visually stunning environment may have enveloped her. The combination of the elegant bar, the melodic crystal organ, and the captivating art installations set the stage for a truly enchanting experience in a space clearly meant for relaxation. It was certainly inviting Valery to unwind and indulge in the delights of the lounge.

This ship had many locations available for relaxed discussion and entertainment to be held. Yet it was a some what odd experience as the staff seemed fairly few in number and Valery was the only foreign 'guest' housed here whilst the ship could accommodate many more guests, it was almost as if she had the entier place to her self.

Exonerator
div-orange.png

Anything she wanted, and from a tailor?

With how fancy this place was, her mind was drifting to some linen robes or maybe something in the style of these people. If it was tailored to her body, it'd be just perfect too. "I'll keep that in mind and meet with the tailor soon, thank you," Valery said with a smile before she closed the comm again. She felt a little bad for making use of everything they had to offer, but something about this place really tempted her to just give in to her desire for some relaxation.

As if an aura of calmness had enveloped her, and wouldn't just let her go.

This feeling only grew stronger after she reached the lounge, and spent a long moment in trance looking around. She wanted to just take off her boots, ditch her combat tunic and relax in something comfortable with a drink. But she wasn't here just for leisure, and Matthew was still waiting on her. Perhaps she could revisit the lounge with him, after getting some clothing made as well.

...if that was no problem to him.

With her senses opening up, Valery turned about and decided to follow the Force to find her way to Matthew, rather than the map she had tried to memorize. This was a far more reliable method, and soon enough, she could feel the Light growing stronger, and warmer, as she approached the room where he'd be waiting. "Matthew?" she asked as if she was still a little lost before entering the observatory. "Apologies it took so long. This... is a big ship."

Once her eyes found his intense gaze, she smiled and dipped her head. "It's good to see you again, though. The warm welcome here has been quite amazing. I've even been offered a tailor."

Matthew's presence permeated the observatory, radiating with intense warmth and affection that filled the room. The space itself was adorned with grandeur, boasting the largest sky port window that offered a generous view of the celestial expanse beyond. Towering bookshelves lined the walls, filled to the brim with an extensive collection of knowledge, their spines in various hues and textures.

At the center of the room, a comfortable sitting lounge beckoned, with plush cushions arranged around a large oval table. It served as a focal point for gatherings and discussions, inviting a sense of camaraderie and collaboration.

As Valery entered the observatory, Matthew rose from his seat, his eyes sparkling with anticipation. His words carried a mix of sincerity and hospitality as he welcomed her. "Ah, Valery, glad you could make it. I'm pleased to hear that my staff has attended to your needs. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience. The Exonerator is designed to provide a serene and relaxing environment, perfect for diplomatic meetings and meditations. It serves as a sanctuary for rest and rejuvenation, accommodating both guests and our dedicated crew."

Inviting her to join him, Matthew turned his attention to a beautifully crafted box resting upon the table. As he opened it, the soft velvet lining revealed three remarkable Reminiscence Shards, each exuding a captivating shimmer, as if they held a semblance of life within.

"These Reminiscence Shards possess extraordinary capabilities," Matthew explained, his voice filled with reverence. "They hold the power to delve into memories and offer unique insights. One of the individuals these shards may assist is a youth named Darth Nwul Darth Nwul . I believe they could be instrumental in helping him."

Each of the crystals shimmered possessing its own distinct allure. One shard appeared blackened, swirling with a smoky effect that hinted at hidden depths. Another emanated a golden glow, exuding a magnificent shimmer that danced upon its surface. The third shard boasted a dark stormy blue hue, with sparks of electricity crackling within, hinting at untamed energy.

Matthew's eyes met Valery's, a genuine curiosity in his gaze. "Which one would you like to explore?" he inquired, extending the choice to her, as the three captivating shards awaited their shared exploration.

sunstara.png

Exonerator
div-orange.png

"Oh there haven't been any inconveniences," Valery assured him with a chuckle and a small wave of her hand, "I got lost because I didn't take my time looking at the map. But everything I've seen here is just... amazing. I know this is a serious mission and all, but I'm hoping to spend some time relaxing as well, if time permits it." She smiled a little and thought back about the bar and lounge that she had seen.

The way it had tried to draw her in and make her want to indulge.

Valery then walked over on invitation and sat down beside him on the couch. It was hard not to feel comforted, and her whole body visibly relaxed a bit. To Matthew, it would likely be quite obvious that Valery was busy with work perhaps a little too often — she had very little time to relax and was sometimes a bit overworked. This trip, even though it would be quite short, would already help her mind and body get some rest.

"They're... quite beautiful," Valery then said as he opened up the box and showed her the crystal. She was focused intensely on them and how they felt, her own fiery eyes burning with curiosity. But when he asked his question, she knew which one she wanted to see first. It had been between the blackened crystal and gold, but the mystery of the former was too strong.

"This blackened one seems interesting, so I'd like to try it first," She told him, her hand gently trailing towards it before she stopped herself, and snapped out of her trance with a shake of her head. Fiery eyes searched for Matthew's gaze, and her intensity showed that she was ready to explore her first shard.

"How uh, do I do it? Can you guide me?"

Matthew's smile radiated warmth as he listened to Valery's words. The idea of her finding comfort and relaxation during their journey resonated deeply with him. He gently shook his head, a tender gesture filled with understanding.

"Valery, on this voyage, I implore you to make yourself at home and allow yourself to rest. We have ample time before we reach our destination, and you are more than welcome to indulge in the array of relaxing amenities the ship has to offer," he assured her, his voice filled with sincerity.

Nodding lightly, Matthew's eyes sparkled with anticipation. He understood the curiosity and eagerness that welled within Valery as she sought guidance on using the Reminiscence Shard. His voice carried a comforting tone, laced with wisdom.

"It's a fairly simple process, Valery," he began, his words gentle yet captivating. "To unlock the essence held within the shard, all you need to do is make physical contact and extend your awareness to the interconnections of the universe, to the very essence of the Force. Allow yourself to be open, receptive to the currents of energy that flow through all things."

As if to demonstrate, Matthew plucked one of the shards from the box, cradling it delicately in his gloved hand. Its mesmerizing radiance pulsed softly, enticing her to explore the depths it held. With utmost care, he extended his hand towards Valery, offering her the shard.

"Take it into your hands, Valery," he encouraged his voice a soothing melody. "Let your touch become a conduit, bridging the gap between the shard and your own being. Feel the delicate vibrations, the echoes of memories, and the profound emotions entwined within. Embrace the experience, and allow it to guide you on a journey of discovery."

Matthew's smile remained serene and encouraging, his eyes locking with hers, a silent assurance of his unwavering support. He trusted in her innate connection to the Force and her ability to navigate the depths of the shard's essence.

"Together, let us unlock the secrets held within this shard," he whispered, his voice carrying a touch of reverence. "May it illuminate the path of understanding and grant you the insights you seek; or rather, may the Force guide you."

With grace and anticipation, he awaited Valery's acceptance of the shard, ready to witness the profound connection between her and the enigmatic memories it held.
Black Reminiscence Shard

As I reached out and picked up the black Reminiscence Shard, a torrent of emotions flooded my senses, transporting me back to that fateful battlefield, the air heavy with the scent of smoke and the sound of clashing lightsabers. The sky above was shrouded in ominous clouds, casting a dark shadow over the chaos that unfolded below. The pitter-patter of raindrops echoed in my ears as the pouring rain soaked through my clothes, drenching me to the bone. Harsh winds whipped around, buffeting me as I navigated the treacherous terrain.

My heart pounded in my chest as I made my way through the battlefield, my eyes scanning the tumultuous scene. And then, Iwitnessed the devastating sight before me—a lifeless figure lying on the ground, my beloved master.

His soft peri winkle blue hair, adorned with raindrops, clung to his face, his sunset-colored eyes reflecting a mix of pain and determination.

A deep sorrow engulfed my being, and anguish tore through my soul. Every fiber of my being screamed out in desperation as I rushed over, my trembling hands desperately trying to save them. Time seemed to stand still as I called upon my healing abilities, pouring my energy into reviving them, hoping against hope that my efforts would not be in vain.

The sound of battle fading into the background. The scent of damp earth mingled with the metallic tang of blood. My hands trembled as I grasped his cold, lifeless fingers, desperately searching for a pulse that I knew was no longer there.

The weight of responsibility pressed upon my shoulders, my determination and love for my master fuelling my every action. Tears streamed down my face as I fought against the inevitable, unwilling to accept the loss that loomed before me. The battlefield echoed with my cries, a symphony of grief and desperation.

Grief tore through my soul as I realized the cause of his demise—a fatal blow from an enemy's lightsaber. The wound, still fresh and seeping crimson, marred his once radiant form. It was a devastating sight, one that seared into my memory, forever etching the pain of loss within me.

But as the scene unfolded, a profound sense of acceptance washed over me. I realized that despite my best efforts, I could not change the course of fate. The pain and sorrow I experienced in that moment were immeasurable, but they also ignited a flame of resilience within me.

In that moment, faced with the harsh reality of the battle raging around us, I had to make a choice. The weight of responsibility pressed upon my shoulders, urging me to stay and fight, to honor my master's sacrifice. But deep within, a voice whispered the truth—I had to seek safety, to survive and carry on his legacy.

With a heavy heart, I tore my gaze away from his lifeless form, knowing I had to leave him behind on the bloodstained field. But I couldn't bear the thought of parting without a keepsake, a memento to hold onto amidst the storm of emotions. My trembling hands searched for something, anything, and they found it—an amulet, adorned with glowing runes, nestled against his chest.

With tears streaming down my face, I clutched the amulet close to my heart, feeling its warmth against my trembling palm. It became a symbol of the love and connection I shared with my master, a tangible reminder of the bond we forged.

As the memories of that harrowing moment slowly faded, I returned to the present, my grip on the black Reminiscence Shard unyielding. I found myself clutching the shard tightly, my heart still heavy with the weight of the memories it contained. It was a bittersweet reminder of the depth of my love and the profound impact my master had on my journey as a Jedi.

The sentiments felt so real, so life-like so much my own... and yet they were not despite how my body had responded to this experience.

Golden Reminiscence Shard

As I held the golden Reminiscence Shard in my palm, a surge of pure joy and anticipation enveloped me, transporting me to a moment of profound love and celebration. I found myself immersed in a grand wedding venue, a sight straight out of a fairytale. The air was filled with an enchanting melody, played by a string quartet, as soft sunlight filtered through stained glass windows, casting a warm, ethereal glow upon the scene.

My gaze was drawn to the breathtaking bride, a vision of radiant beauty in her princess-style wedding gown. The dress was adorned with intricate floral motifs, delicate lace that cascaded down the bodice, and a full skirt that billowed with each graceful step. Her long, flowing black hair was styled into an elaborate half updo, intertwined with golden accents that shimmered like sunlight on a calm sea. Her golden eyes sparkled with a joy that seemed to emanate from within, and her petite, curvaceous frame exuded an aura of grace and elegance.

Every detail was meticulously arranged to create an atmosphere of pure enchantment. Her makeup, with its soft hues and luminous glow, accentuated her natural beauty, while opulent jewelry adorned her neck, wrists, and ears, twinkling with the brilliance of diamonds and sapphires. The complex hairstyle, with intricate braids and delicate twists, added a touch of regal sophistication to her overall appearance.

In her hands, she held a bouquet that mirrored the splendor of the occasion. Roses and white lilies intertwined with verdant vines that trailed down, their fragrant petals releasing an intoxicating scent. Golden satin ribbons cascaded from the bouquet, swaying with each step she took, a symbol of the love and unity being celebrated.

As the bride walked down the aisle, her eyes met those of her beloved,-- my own eyes as I stood at the altar, waiting to join our lives together. The air hummed with anticipation, and a collective breath was held, as if the entire world paused to witness this extraordinary union of souls.

In that golden moment, all worries and fears were eclipsed by a pure, radiant love. The memory encapsulated the boundless joy, the dreams fulfilled, and the overwhelming sense of gratitude for finding a love so profound. It was a snapshot of an eternal promise, a merit to the power of love to transcend all boundaries and create a moment of unbridled happiness.

As the memory gently faded, the golden Reminiscence Shard held the essence of that magical day, preserving the splendor and romance of the wedding in its shimmering golden hues. It held the power to evoke feelings of love, hope, and the realization of a dream fulfilled, a treasure to be cherished and revisited whenever the heart desired.

Blue Reminiscence Shard

In the depths of the blue Reminiscence Shard, a haunting symphony of sorrow and beauty unfolds before my eyes. The memory transports me to a moonlit garden lost in the annals of time, where withered blooms and decaying landscapes mirror the shattered fragments of my innocence. Melancholic melodies weave through the air, their mournful strains echoing the ache within my soul.

Clad in a cloak of sorrow, I step forward, bearing the weight of a broken heart and unfulfilled dreams. Stormy blue eyes, brimming with the anguish of a thousand tears, survey the desolation that surrounds me. This once-vibrant sanctuary, now a haunting reminder of love torn from my grasp, holds the echoes of a promise betrayed.

My gaze finds him amidst the darkness, a figure shrouded in shadows and steeped in regret. His ethereal presence radiates a poignant elegance, his every movement a dance of grace and pain. I am captivated by the depth of his icy blue eyes, mirrors of sorrow that reflect the tempest raging within my own heart. Platinum blonde strands of hair, flowing like liquid moonlight, frame his chiseled features, accentuating the sharp angles of his jawline. And yet, it is his wings that truly mesmerize—a omen to the fallen beauty that permeates his being. Feathers of obsidian sheen unfurl majestically, revealing a darkness tinged with an irresistible allure.

As our eyes meet, an unspoken understanding passes between us, an intimate knowledge of the pain that binds our souls. In that fleeting moment, time stands still, and we become kindred spirits adrift in a sea of sorrow. The recognition within his depths mirrors my own longing for redemption, and together we embark on a journey through the realms of regret and healing.

With each step through the decaying garden, the shattered pieces of my innocence echo through the stillness. Anguish and determination intertwine as I confront him, my voice trembling yet resolute. The moon's silvery glow bathes my tear-streaked face, casting a light upon the raw intensity of my emotions. In my hands, I clasp a talisman—a symbol of our shattered innocence—its dim light reflecting the fading hope that lingers within my wounded heart.

This memory resonates with profound significance, unveiling the reasons behind my sorrow and regret. Our connection, once vibrant and promising, was torn asunder by a moment of devastating betrayal. The weight of what I have lost, the irreparable damage inflicted upon my soul, fuels the flames of resentment within me.

Yet, even amidst the darkness, a flicker of hope remains. At the crossroads of despair and redemption, I stand poised to make a choice. His presence serves as a catalyst, reminding me that though my heart may bear scars, I will not allow his actions to define my destiny. Rising from the ashes of our shattered love, I embrace the fragile beauty of forgiveness and refuse to let the pain consume me entirely.

I stand at the precipice of a choice, torn between surrendering to the consuming darkness of vengeance or embracing the fragile beauty of forgiveness. "You have brought me to this crossroad," I speak, my voice quivering with a mix of sorrow and determination. "But I refuse to let your actions define my destiny. I will rise from the ashes of our shattered love, and though the pain may linger, I will not let it consume me entirely."

In this poetic ballad of sorrow and redemption, the memory encapsulates the turmoil within my soul—a battle waged between despair and hope. It is a moment of profound introspection, a journey through the depths of my being. As I navigate the treacherous path ahead, I am determined to shape my own destiny and find solace amidst the ruins of a love that once was.

sunstara.png

Exonerator
div-orange.png

There was something about the way he talked and looked at her that made Valery feel at ease. Normally, she would never allow herself to relax and destress when the purpose of a trip was Jedi duty. She feared it would break her focus, and cause her to slip up when there was no room for error. But right now, on this ship and with these people, she felt safe and comfortable enough to allow herself to indulge.

"Very well, I'll be at the lounge this evening, perhaps with a book or two, or just some good company." She smiled, hoping to make it clear that was an offer for him to join her. There was a lot more she wanted to know about him and his people, so perhaps when they had time to just sit down and relax, they could cover some of it.

Valery then drew in a small breath, as Matthew went on to explain how she could connect with the shard, and unlock the memories within. It felt familiar, in a way that reminded her of how she had learned to connect with the crystal inside her lightsaber. But while that bond produced a physical extension of the crystal, this would unlock powerful memories snd emotions.

"Alright, I can do it," Valery told him with a smile, her eyes connecting with his for a longer moment, before accepting the blackened crystal. She held it in the palm of her hand, closed her eyes and fell deeply into the Force, while she allowed her otherwise guarded mind to be open to what was within. Immediately, the intensity of the memory struck Valery, as well as the emotions it carried. In front of her was a memory that wasn't her own, but felt so intense that it could have been.

It reminded her of that horrific day she had lost her own Master.

When the memory faded, and Valery was on the couch besides Matthew again, she was breathing a little heavier, and frowned for just a moment. "That was...intense," she admitted, as her forehead glistened from a small layer of sweat. "But I understand everything you've tried to explain to me about these shards. I just...that was a sensitive memory to view, both for its owner and on a personal level."

Matthew nodded with understanding, his gaze filled with a mixture of empathy and wisdom. He reached into his pocket and retrieved a small, delicate cotton kerchief, its pristine white fabric contrasting against the darkness of his gloved hand. With a gentle gesture, he offered it to her, hoping to impart comfort and support.

"It's a deeply intimate and profound way of connecting with another person," Matthew spoke softly, his voice carrying a hint of solemnity. "Through the Reminiscence Shards, memories can be stored with such vivid detail and intensity. It allows for a direct transfer of knowledge and experiences, both the joys and the sorrows."

He paused for a moment, his eyes reflecting the weight of the responsibility that came with such a profound ability. "However, it's important to tread with caution. Memories hold immense power, and their impact can be both transformative and destructive. If someone willingly gives up their memory, it can be easier to preserve it and ensure their connection remains intact. But when memories are taken without consent, it becomes a tragic loss, severing the bond between the memory and its owner. Although it can be a means of alleviating someone of a burden that eats at their very soul as well. Once it is stored it is gone from them. But by viewing it again after it has been stored within the shard they can have a re-established idea of it once more... but if they aren't given that chance to view it it's simply gone. And should they be broken, well the memory is lost forever."

Matthew's words carried a sense of sadness, a recognition of the ethical implications involved.

"We must approach the handling of these memories with the utmost care and reverence," he continued, his voice tinged with a touch of resolve. "It is our duty to ensure that the memories are honored, protected, and used for good. We must strive to create an environment where the sharing and storing of memories is consensual, where the power of remembrance can be harnessed for growth and understanding."

As he spoke, Matthew's eyes held a profound sense of dedication.

"We must be guardians of these memories, Valery," he concluded, his voice carrying a gentle strength. "We must ensure that the stories held within these shards are shared with respect and serve as a catalyst for healing, connection, and growth."
sunstara.png

Exonerator
div-orange.png

Valery accepted the offered fabric with a gentle smile, and used it to fix herself up a little. A hand passed through long hair to tuck some loose strands back behind her ear, and her breathing steadied. When Valery's eyes turned back to meet Matthew's gaze, they had that addicting, fiery intensity to them again.

"Thank you, I feel much better." The corners of her lips tugged up into another kind smile that showed her warmth, and quietly she would listen to what he explained about the shard and the responsibility of having them. To say they were vivid and intense was an understatement, so for that reason alone she believed that it was for the best that they weren't just freely out there.

Even some trained Jedi Knights would be utterly overwhelmed by this.

But there was a lot more to it than just protecting whoever accessed the memories. Ir was equally important to honor and protect the memories themselves, and Matthew was quite thorough explaining that to her. "I understand now, Matthew," she said with her warm smile. "This experience has made me a lot more curious about these shards, but more cautious as well. Perhaps, if possible, I'll spend more time studying them." She chuckled softly and idly brushed a hand through her hair again.

A sign she felt comfortable.

"What about the shards on your homeworld? The ones we're after. Is there anything you can tell me about those?"

"Well, I believe they may have been shards from our archives from those who have passed through the Trials of the Chamber's of Contrition. The Chambers of Contrition are sacred spaces within Centerra, my home world, Specifically housed within the Temple of the Sun and Moon. They are hallowed chambers where individuals undergo a profound and introspective journey of self-reflection, repentance, and spiritual purification. Generally, people who have committed terrible wrongdoings in their life are the ones who enter. So you can imagine the kinds of Memories that may have been removed or unburdened someone or that have been placed within Shards housed there. " Matthew offered gently. He stretched out lightly and placed the little shard back in the box.
sunstara.png

Exonerator
div-orange.png

"That's...concerning," Valery said with a gentle frown as she listened to his response to her question. These were the types of memories that couldn't fall in the wrong hands, but she did wonder what exactly they could do with them. Learn from them to do other terrible things? Weaponize them somehow against others? Every possibility sounded extreme and dangerous.

They had to find the shards and bring them back - failure was not am option with this mission.

"I will do my best to help you return them, Matthew. I feel confident that we can do it together." She smiled a confident and emcouraging smile before she took in a small breath to compose herself again. The interaction with the shard had certainly worked her up a bit, so she was going to need some time to relax soon. Maybe grab a shower or bath, before meeting with the tailor.

But first, some more questions.

"Was there anything else you wanted to show me about the shards?" She asked before another question came to mind. "And I was wondering if you've ever captured one of your own in them?" She tilted her head curiously and watched him with a smile, gaze meeting gaze.

Matthew's eyes met Valery's gaze, and a warm smile tugged at the corners of his lips. He appreciated her determination and the confidence she exuded. Her commitment to returning the shards was evident, and he felt reassured by her presence.

"The golden shard in that box is one of my memories." he offered with a delighted smile just thinking about that moment and how he cherished reliving it on occasion.

As Valery inquired about further insights into the shards, Matthew's eyes gleamed with a hint of intrigue. He contemplated her question before responding, his tone thoughtful. "There is indeed one more aspect of the shards that I believe you might find fascinating," he said, his voice carrying a touch of excitement. "Allow me to show you."

Matthew reached into his pocket and retrieved a small golden shard, shimmering with an ethereal radiance. He held it delicately in his palm, its glow casting a warm hue upon his features. The shard seemed to pulsate with gentle energy as if holding a piece of captured sunlight within its core. It illuminated the room humming with the energy of a sun-held win in the palm of the hand. Although bright it was oddly not blinding.

"This," Matthew continued, his gaze fixed upon the small golden shard, "Is one of profound joy and wonder, a moment that has shaped me in ways I could never fully articulate. They don't always hold memories per se... this is like a conduit to the greater powers of the universe, or the Force; It has an emotionally charged aura.."

He extended his hand, offering the golden shard to Valery. "I invite you to take a glimpse into this memory, to witness the beauty and the emotions contained within. It is my hope that it will provide you with a deeper understanding of the power and significance of these shards."
sunstara.png

Last edited:

Exonerator
div-orange.png

"I'd love to see your memory too when we have some time," she said with a warm smile. If he was the one she'd be working with a lot, why not learn about the Shards as well as him at the same time? Maybe if they visited the lounge later, she could ask him to show it, or maybe the next day even. But her inquiry about the nature of the shards seemed to spark a different direction she hadn't expected.

A fourth shard was revealed, smaller than the others but its golden glow pulled Valery in. There was something warm she could feel when she focused on it, similar to how Matthew's presence in the Force made her feel. It got her to smile, and she looked up at him when he explained what it was.

A conduit that didn't store memories, but emotions specifically.

"I'd love to experience it," Valery told him as she extended a hand to take the shard. She was a skilled empath, both naturally and with the Force, so tuning in to the emotions of others through a conduit like this would be fascinating. She looked forward to finding out what was stored within and thus closed her eyes to make the connection.

When Valery touched the small golden shard, a tremor of anticipation pulsed through her fingers. It glowed radiantly, seemingly recognizing her connection to the Force. Warmth and tranquility washed over her, filling her with hope and serenity.

Emotions unfurled within her, materializing as tangible hope. This essence whispered assurances, promising a future ripe with possibilities.

The shard resonated with her deepest aspirations, embodying hope and infusing her with comfort and reassurance. She felt the future unfold, brimming with potential.

In this moment, time paused, and her worries faded, overshadowed by hope's luminous radiance. She felt a celestial warmth, promising brighter tomorrows.

Valery experienced a profound release, exhilarated and euphoric. The shard unlocked confidence and self-assurance, dispelling doubts and insecurities.

Liberated from fear, she felt an intoxicating high, each breath radiating confidence. She felt invincible, walking on air, propelled by her spirit.

This euphoria made the world vibrant with possibility, urging her to seize opportunities and face challenges with determination.

The shard bestowed invincibility, strengthening her resolve and infusing her actions with purpose.

In this state, Valery felt the shard's intense influence, propelling her forward with confidence and empowerment, destined for greatness.

The shard instilled a profound sense of purpose and hope, enveloping her in warmth and positive sensations.
sunstara.png

Last edited:

Exonerator
div-orange.png

The moment Valery's hand touched the shard, her senses were overwhelmed and her eyes closed. She was drawn into her own being, but it no longer felt like she was alone. Bright emotions coursed through every inch of her body and soul, encouraging her, supporting her, and showering her with hope of a future she desired. It was intense, to say the least, but it felt like the embrace of a paradise she never wanted to leave again.

It was as addicting as spice, but warm and gentle in nature.

She had never felt anything like it before, and few memories she had ever came close to providing the purpose, drive, and intoxicating energy that this shard had released within her. So by the time her eyes opened, she felt completely different than before. She was no longer exhausted, stressed, and overworked, but seemed eager and excited. The fire in her eyes burned brightly at Matthew, and the smile on her face was somehow even wider.

There was nothing but true joy in her.

"That was amazing!" She exclaimed, her pitch higher and her voice louder. "I mean, that felt... great, and I just feel so much energy right now." She chuckled and had an affectionate laugh on her features, before she raised a hand up through her hair, clearly high on happiness. "Thank you for showing me this, Matthew. It's so powerful in its own way, and I could have never imagined anything feeling like that."

"Now I can't wait to get changed, and just enjoy the beauty of this ship and the people here some more."

The golden shard and the black shard, though both mesmerizing in their own right, held distinct differences in their essence and the nature of the experiences they offered. While the black shard transported the mind to vivid memories and distant realms, the golden shard had a unique quality that allowed one to remain anchored in the present while tapping into the power of the emotions it held.

As Valery relinquished her connection to the golden shard, Matthew gently retrieved the conduit from her outstretched hand, a sense of satisfaction gleaming in his eyes.

"I am glad that you found the experience insightful,"
Matthew expressed, a genuine warmth in his voice. "The golden shard possesses a remarkable ability to channel emotions and sensations, allowing us to tap into the power of the present moment and the essence of hope. It is a conduit that enables us to embrace the intensity of emotions without being mentally transported elsewhere... it was a gift to me in one of my darkest hours and helped me immensely when I felt there was no hope. "

He carefully secured the golden shard back into its small pocket that rested over his heart, reverence in his movements.

" We will be departing shortly, please return to your room until we have departed. I may reconvene with you later. Feel free to make yourself at home. I'm going to go and ensure our course with the crew." Matthew stated as he gathered the box up and offered her a bow in parting.

Last edited:

Exonerator
div-orange.png

"I can see how this has helped you. If I had something like this during my darkest times..." she shook her head, and let out a soft sigh. "It's almost addicting how good it makes you feel. I'm glad to have experienced it once," she added with a chuckle before she sat back on the couch and just relaxed for a short moment. There was probably a lot more to experience, and she wondered how other conduits would feel.

Did some have darker emotions, for example? Those would be incredibly dangerous as well. And how would it respond to other Force users?

She buried these questions for now and got up to her feet as he mentioned departing. "Sounds good to me. If you end up needing help with anything, let me know." She smiled, dipped her upper body in return, and left to return to her room. This time, she did find the way a bit more easily and closed the door behind her. Her heart was still racing from the conduit and the emotions it had brought into her mind, but in a good way.

Feeling amazing, Valery sat down on the bed again, and hit the comms button she had used earlier, <If the tailor happens to be available, I'm in my room at the moment.> She still felt bad for summoning people to help her, but she was a lot more willing to indulge after the whole experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom