Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Servant of the Order

jeditemplebanner.png

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale

After a long day of meetings and teaching classes, Valery walked through the grand halls of the Jedi Temple with a datapad in her hand. She was reading through some of the latest reports, allowing her to make a selection of what she'd read up on this evening, and what she'd leave for tomorrow. It was a bit tiring, but with Sith activity increasing not too far away from Alliance borders, it was crucial that she stayed on top of it all. She couldn't allow the Alliance to sit back in this time of peace, and be too blinded by it.

The Jedi had to remain sharp.

But as Valery passed by a large statue of an unrecognizable Jedi, she felt a presence in the Force that wasn't familiar to her at all. She knew most, if not all Jedi who served the New Jedi Order, so this was quite a strange thing. Was there a new arrival? Or was it someone who was allowed entrance for a meeting? Either way, as a member of the Council, Valery wanted to be familiar with all Jedi who might be working under her leadership, so she turned around and started heading in the direction of the person she felt.

Luckily, he wasn't hard to miss — he was by far the tallest in the hall. Valery blinked when she noticed that, and made her approach with a friendly smile. "Welcome to the Jedi Temple. I'm Master Noble."

"Is there something I can help you with?"

The man did in fact tower over most other sentient beings, his figure cut an imposing form and he was well built in the peak of his prime years at that. He however walked carefully and turned diamond chipped, cerulean blue eyes that seemed to hold a piercing gaze toward she woman who spoke. A soft gentle smile graced his features and he incline's head to her drawing up the sleeve of a pale white robe with gold embellishments and really offered her a gentleman like bow as he offered the brief flourish of his hand.

" Excellent. Yes as a master of fact there is. You are exactly the woman I have been looking for. " Matthew purred in a soft somber tone laced with a faint sense of demure kindness. His voice was rich warm and inviting. He certainly seemed to carry some kind of odd aura about his presence. It too, was warm and inviting.

"For give me for forgetting my self and my manners, Dear Master Noble; I am Matthew servant of the Light. I have been sent here from a distant temple to render what aid in any an all matters possible that you may find need of my services. " Matthew stated as he pressed a white gloved hand over his chest gently pressing his finger tips over where his heart might be. He straightened back up to near perfect posture. His whole attire was startlingly white and he had a long flowing cloak that trailed in the wake of his steps. And he was /immaculately/ clean. He carried a very unique scent about his person that was soft but herbal and floraly sweet, a rich sandalwood rose composition accented by muguet, jasmine, and soft oriental nuances of musk, woods and amber.

Valery Noble Valery Noble
sunstara.png

Last edited:

jeditemplebanner.png

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Well, he was certainly very polite, and apparently looking for her as well? It wasn't a strange thing, given her position within the Order, but she wasn't expecting anybody today. Either way, she bowed at the waist, and ran a hand up through her hair after rising again, to fix up her long locks, and tuck some of it neatly behind her ear. Her fiery gaze then traveled up to meet his eyes, and she listened to what he had to say.

He came from a distant Temple? That explained a lot, but she did wonder where exactly he was from.

"That's quite thoughtful," Valery said, her voice calm, gentle and kind. The type of voice she had whenever she talked to fellow Jedi or friends, rather than her adversaries. "Which Temple are you from, if you don't mind me asking?" She then asked, before she held up a hand to gesture down the hall.

"We can talk a little more about it all privately, if you'd like."

"I mean not to intrude upon your daily schedule , It would give me great pleasure to accompany you. It's a small place relatively secluded in the lush blossom of Mother Nature with In a small region known as Illyria." Matthew offered softly.

"We called our home the Chambers of Contrition." He offered softly.

"I suppose among the people here our views could be considered extremist in some manners. I was advised to render aid where I can and to work so that my efforts may bring about the greatest rewards. Traveling here on Sabbatical was deemed the correct course of action so that I may learn and understand the trouble you all face in these regions and lend my assistance as directed. I am a beacon of light in the dark the speck of brightness to offer hope to the down trod. The Will of the force calls me to action and I obey with reverence. The dictates of my seniors council that as a leader here your word is my law and your bidding will be done by my hand if you so deem it." Matthew concluded. It would appear this strange fellow was a wordy sort.

Valery Noble Valery Noble
sunstara.png

Last edited:

jeditemplebanner.png

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I'm afraid I haven't heard about it before, but it sounds almost... mystical," Valery mused with a chuckle, as she began guiding him down the Temple Hallways towards her own quarters. They were nothing special or even really personal here at the Temple — everything about them was simplistic, and just meant to offer Jedi a quiet place where they could meditate or get through some paperwork.

But as they walked, Matthew explained more about why he came, and offered his service to her. Valery wasn't sure if she should feel flattered by what he said, or just a little confused, but she offered him a warm smile. "While I'm a leader here, I do want to make sure you don't blindly follow what I say or request. I could certainly use more help with what we're dealing with currently, but I'm always open to opinions and different perspectives." She wasn't sure if what he had proposed meant blind loyalty or not, but she just wanted to make sure.

Other Jedi would also be quite confused if they believed her to have an actual servant.

"Do you know much about the Sith? Or the Mandalorians?" she then asked, right as they reached the doors of her room. Valery opened them up, and revealed a very comfortable little place. There was a large couch, a desk with some pictures on it, and meditation chairs. Even a small kitchen with basic necessities.

"Welcome to my little place here at the Temple."

"I'm afraid I haven't heard about it before, but it sounds almost... mystical,"
"Indeed, Centerra has been elusive to many, residing in the uncharted regions and rarely accessible for interstellar travel," Matthew responded, acknowledging Valery's lack of familiarity with the planet. "It's understandable that its existence and significance may have eluded your knowledge. No blame lies with you for that. One of my primary areas of interest and responsibility to my order is the Chambers of Contrition, which I oversee within the Temple of the Sun and Moon. It serves as a sanctuary for introspection, reflection, and the pursuit of inner harmony."

He paused briefly, allowing the information to sink in before continuing. "My presence here, however, stems from a broader perspective. Our order recognizes the importance of expanding our understanding beyond our own realms. In this auspicious moment of favorable stellar conditions, I, along with a select group, have embarked on this sabbatical to establish connections and foster a mutually beneficial relationship with the New Jedi Order."
"While I'm a leader here, I do want to make sure you don't blindly follow what I say or request. I could certainly use more help with what we're dealing with currently, but I'm always open to opinions and different perspectives."

With a respectful nod, he responded, "Valery, your approach to leadership resonates with me. It is crucial to foster an environment where open dialogue and differing viewpoints are encouraged. I should hope not to blindly follow any order but I trust you will have only good intentions for any requests or orders you may think to have of me."

"Do you know much about the Sith? Or the Mandalorians?"
"I know of the sith. We have ancient legends of their kindred. I've had the opportunity in interacting with a few self-proclaimed 'Sith' recently in my travels. I can not say I have much knowledge or understanding of Mandalorian's however.

Matthew glanced about and smiled gently. " Thank you for the warm welcome into your home, away from home. I may have to check back in at home rather soon, unfortunately. I was notified this morning that an ancient and valuable set of records have been stolen from the archives of our Reminiscence Shards. My position of Seneschal leaves me as often responsible for oversight on many aspects of our order. "

sunstara.png

jeditemplebanner.png

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"It sounds like your people and order do share some similarities with the Jedi," Valery said as she listened to him explain a little more. "Not being in the public eye sure doesn't hurt either. Too many times, I've seen our enemies strike at Temples, targeting even the younglings." Valery frowned as some of those memories rushed back into her mind, but she was quick to set them aside and focus on the rather tall visitor again.

She really was going to get neck pains looking up.

Matthew seemed to appreciate the fact that she was open to dialogue as well, and that relieved her quite a bit. The last thing she wanted was someone to follow her blindly, and something told her he had a lot to offer as well. Perhaps experience, his training or a mix of it all. Before throwing him into chaos though, she wanted to see it for herself.

"You're welcome," Valery then said as he thanked her for her hospitality. She offered a smile but it faded the moment he talked about what happened at his own home. "Hmm," she muttered. "Maybe I could travel with you and offer some help? I don't know how your people would feel about me coming there, but if we are to work together, this seems like an opportunity to test how well that'll go."

"What do you think?"

Matthew brightened up hearing this and smiled. " I think that would be a good opportunity to introduce you to our culture and it would be welcomed help, and a step towards further cooperation."

Matthew replied, his voice filled with a mix of enthusiasm and caution. "The Reminiscence Shards truly are extraordinary artifacts. They hold the power to preserve memories and experiences, allowing others to relive them as if they were their own. It's a profound way to foster empathy and understanding, to truly walk in another's footsteps."

He paused for a moment, his expression turning more serious. "However, the potential for misuse exists. These shards carry immense power, and in the wrong hands, they could be exploited for nefarious purposes. That's why our order takes great care to safeguard them and ensure they are used responsibly."

Matthew's gaze held a flicker of concern, reflecting the weight of responsibility associated with these artifacts. "Rest assured, Valery, that the Reminiscence Shards are closely monitored and protected within our order. Only those who have demonstrated a deep commitment to our principles and have undergone rigorous training are entrusted with their use. We understand the risks involved and take the necessary precautions to prevent misuse."

He took a step closer to Valery, his voice carrying a reassuring tone. "I share this information with you not to instill fear, but to emphasize the importance of trust and integrity in our partnership."

Matthew's words conveyed his genuine concern for the potential dangers associated with the Reminiscence Shards, as well as his commitment to maintaining their integrity.
sunstara.png

jeditemplebanner.png

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Seeing him brighten up at the offer made Valery quite happy, and it showed as the corners of her lips tugged up into a smile. In a Galaxy torn apart by war so often, it sometimes felt rare for two separate groups or orders to get along. If they could take steps together to make this happen, she would feel much better about the future. Whether it was Sith, Mandalorians or a new threat entirely, they'd be able to resist them together.

"Those shards sound fascinating," Valery said with a chuckle. "We use holocrons to store data, personal experiences included. But being able to store memories directly is... very unique. Is it dangerous to do it?" Valery asked, and judging by the fact that his people protected them the way they did, she figured there was some risk at least. Matthew went on to explain more and even answered her question, which made her feel relieved.

With great power, comes great responsibility — it seemed his people were more than aware of it.

Matthew then stepped closer, forcing Valery's chin to rise as her eyes searched for his. She took note of the reassuring tone, and offered a smile once more when he uttered a word that meant a lot to her.

Trust.

"You have my word that I will treat this information respectfully, and I will do what I can to offer my help." She wasn't sure if he knew, but a Jedi made no promise lightly, and she meant it from the heart. This had become quite important to her, even though she had only just met the man. There was just something she felt in the Force that made her believe helping him and his people was going to be important. She'd have to let it guide her.

"Is there anything else I should know?"

Matthew nodded, appreciating Valery's willingness to assist and her commitment to the mission. He took note of her words and the sincerity behind them, sensing her connection to the Force. It gave him confidence in their partnership. Matthew's gaze softened as he leaned down, his eyes meeting Valery's with a gentle intensity. There was a touch of warmth in his voice as he spoke, a subtle undercurrent of something more than mere collaboration.

"Thank you, Valery," Matthew replied, his voice filled with gratitude. "Your help and trust mean a great deal to me and my people. We will make all the necessary arrangements for your arrival on The Exonerator. The Exonerator has a Aetherium Prism integrated into her systems that will allow us to better navigate the star clusters. Our crew will ensure your safety and provide the protective gear needed for the journey. In two days' time, our paths shall intertwine amidst the cosmic dance, guided by the shimmering threads of destiny," he whispered softly, his words carrying a poetic cadence. "As we embark upon the starlit voyage, may the Aetherium Prism illuminate our path."

He paused for a moment, contemplating what else might be important for Valery to know. " Centerra is deeply influenced by the Force, a mystical and powerful energy that permeates the planet. Be aware of the Force and its manifestations, as it shapes the cultures and beliefs of the various races in Centerra. Celestial energies and interconnections are synonymous with the Force in Centerra. Embrace the cultural beliefs and practices related to the Force, as it will enhance your understanding and interactions with the local inhabitants. In Centerra, respect for the Force and its influence is of utmost importance. The locals hold deep reverence for the interconnectedness of celestial energies and the Force. It is essential to approach their beliefs and practices with an open mind and respect." He paused briefly trying to put it all into words.

"Local races have a heightened sensitivity to emotions and intentions. Be mindful of your own emotions and the emotions of those around you. Embrace empathy and strive to understand others, as it will facilitate meaningful connections and help you navigate social interactions. Remember to be mindful of your emotions and the emotions of others. Empathy and understanding will be key in building connections with the local inhabitants." Matthew straightened up slightly, his expression thoughtful yet determined.

He considered what else he could tell Valery of the trip. " Centerra can be a very Oxygen rich planet, So be extra aware of fires. Wet, and living plants will burn. The environment whilst breathtaking in beauty can be volatile on occasion. "

sunstara.png

jeditemplebanner.png

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery blinked but didn't move when Matthew lowered himself to eye-level, the intensity in her own eyes matching his. They always showed her commitment and the fiery nature deep within her, despite the composure on the outside. Valery also took note of the subtle shift in tone when he thanked her, picking up on an undertone she couldn't quite place. But she knew that it meant he was genuine.

She then listened to his offer to bring her there with one of his own ships, and smiled a little at how poetic he made it sound. It was a way of speech she'd have to get used to, but it also drew her in and made her even more interested in listening. Like a public speaker with great charisma. "I look forward to meeting you there, and I'd love to have a tour of the ship. It's not often that I might see entirely different kinds of technology and development, but it interests me." She wanted to learn more about him, his people and what they could do.

Not just because of their potential alliance, but also to satisfy her own personal curiosity.

"I'll do everything to show the respect your planet and its people deserve. As for emotions..." she smiled a little sheepishly and even broke eye contact for a moment. "I've always been very empathic, so I don't believe that will be a problem. I genuinely look forward to meeting your people, and sharing something about my own culture, and myself as a person with them. The more we know about each other, the better we can work together, hm?"

Matthew's eyes sparkled with genuine appreciation as he listened to Valery's words. "Valery, your openness and willingness to embrace new experiences is truly admirable. I believe our collaboration will be greatly enriched by our mutual curiosity and understanding of one another."
He nodded with enthusiasm. "I am thrilled at the prospect of showing you our ship and introducing you to the technological marvels we possess. It will be an opportunity to showcase the advancements we have made and how they align with our values and principles."
As he leaned in, just a little closer, a warm smile graced his lips. "And fear not, I will be more than happy to demonstrate how the Reminiscence Shards work. You will have the opportunity to witness the power of reliving memories through these extraordinary crystals. It is an experience that truly bridges the gap between the past and the present. They hold immense value and significance within our work with in the Chambers of Contrition."
Matthew took a step back, still beaming with excitement. "Valery, I cannot express enough how grateful I am for your assistance and your willingness to embark on this journey with us. Together, I am confident that we will forge a strong alliance and accomplish great things. I am honored to have the pleasure to work alongside you."

He paused for a moment, his eyes shining with sincerity. "Thank you again, Valery. I will eagerly await our departure. In the meantime, if there is anything I can assist you with or any specific needs you have, please do not hesitate to let me know. I am here to support you in any way I can."

With a graceful bow, Matthew demonstrated his appreciation and respect. It was a practiced gesture, one that spoke of his etiquette and manners.
sunstara.png

jeditemplebanner.png

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I feel the same way, Matthew," Valery said with an equally warm smile, before he leaned in a little closer again, this time into her personal space. She didn't move though, and just met his gaze with her own sincerity. He was passionate about working together and helping both his own people as well as the Alliance, and she was too. Learning about the shards and discovering a culture that shared similarities with her own upbringing was just an added bonus.

"I'd love to see that demonstration, and perhaps I can experience some of those memories contained within." She had no idea who they belonged to — whether it was Matthew himself or others of his people — but how would it feel to experience people's memories so vividly? Visions sometimes allowed a perspective to shift, but those almost felt like dreams, and this was likely going to be very different.

Different and exciting.

"The honor and pleasure are mine, truly," Valery assured him when he stepped back and thanked her once more. She had never met someone as polite as him, but it was a welcomed change. With it feeling so genuine, and hearing the tone that he used, she felt a great warmth inside that made her look forward to working alongside him and others from his planet. "For now, there's not much that I can ask of you, but we'll meet again very soon at your ship. If you ever want to stay here at the Temple, we can always arrange you a room as well."

"Although if I had a choice of showing you something, I'd likely take you to New Cov. To my old Temple, and maybe show you more about my own culture and upbringing. It might be an interesting perspective."

. "For now, there's not much that I can ask of you, but we'll meet again very soon at your ship. If you ever want to stay here at the Temple, we can always arrange you a room as well."
"That is very kind of you, Valery, and greatly appreciated," Matthew replied, his voice filled with genuine gratitude.
"Although if I had a choice of showing you something, I'd likely take you to New Cov. To my old Temple, and maybe show you more about my own culture and upbringing. It might be an interesting perspective."

"I would absolutely love the opportunity for such an occasion. I am delighted by your suggestion," Matthew continued, his eyes shining with anticipation. "To visit New Cov, your old Temple, and learn more about your culture and upbringing would be an extraordinary experience. Temples hold a special allure for me, and I have a deep appreciation for architectural artistry. I am eager to immerse myself in your perspective and gain a deeper understanding of your heritage."

As he spoke, a sudden movement stirred from under his billowing cloak, and a pair of resplendent wings emerged, fluffing up briefly before settling back in place. The wings, not just fashionable adornments, seemed to serve a functional purpose. It was as if the excitement of the topic had prompted their appearance, a natural extension of his enthusiasm, without conscious thought. His long segmented and exotic-stilted cloak appeared to hide them if he held them in an odd almost unnatural way, the cloak designed for them to slip between the slits of the soft cloak with ease and rest upright in their normal position. To a discerning eye, it may have seemed like he had them closed tightly and slunk downwards and lowly crossing one another as if to keep them out of the way indoors from knocking things over.

He paused for a moment, his smile widening. "Thank you for extending this invitation. It is an honor to be welcomed into your world and witness the beauty it holds."

Matthew's wings gave a graceful flutter as if in agreement, adding an ethereal touch to the scene. The excitement in his voice and the twinkle in his eyes made it clear that this was an adventure he was genuinely looking forward to.

Matthew's wings, adorned with an intricate array of feathers, were a sight to behold. Each feather possessed a base color of pearly white, reminiscent of glistening moonlight, but they were far from ordinary. When touched by light, a faint, mesmerizing transformation occurred. The feathers shimmered with a prismatic iridescence, casting a mesmerizing play of colors that seemed to dance and shift with every movement.
As if enchanted by some otherworldly enchantment, the feathers exhibited a captivating over sheen. They glimmered with hues of sapphire blue, emerald green, amethyst purple, and rose gold, creating a breathtaking spectacle that defied the laws of nature. The iridescent colors blended seamlessly, merging into one another like a kaleidoscope.

When Matthew moved his wings, the feathers came alive, capturing and reflecting light in a dazzling display of radiance. The prismatic sheen seemed to shift and ripple, casting vibrant hues in every direction across the surface. The effect brought to mind crystals and rainbow light, or like that colorful rainbow effect, one would see in soap bubbles or the way an oil slick might reflect a rainbow tinge.

sunstara.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom