Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

But now that, for some reason, Jessica saw fit to contact [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] seeing that she was about the same size as that person was. She was intrigued by that man whose voice sounded far more droidic than an actual human voice. Also [member="Jed Kerkov"] was seated next to [member="Lady Kay"]. But that was not her place to interrupt his proceedings with these two people. She walked up to Jaster as he walked away from Jed and Lady Kay. But she shouldn't use the Force to do so. He will notice how clumsy she is, but perhaps he could forgive her clumsiness because she was tall. For this reason to dance properly she has to make use of Art of Movement. Probably because he seemed to be a person of interest in the Force. Now that she made her approach...

"Hi, I'm Jessica. I heard that you now serve the First Order: I have to say, they are different from most other dark-sided factions"

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
It was a means to an end? Well that was very typical of [member="Jed Kerkov"]. No doubt his father's influence is what got him a higher rank so quickly. But the Techno Empire? It seems that they were growing quite well. There was opportunity in that.

And then Jed asked her to dance. So [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] did speak loud enough for others to hear. She glanced over to [member="Veiere Arenais"] , almost as though she was asking for permission. Kay hadn't quite expected to be dancing tonight and she wasn't very good, or so she thought. But she had a role to play and this was all part of it.

Kay took his hand with a small smile "As long as you don't mind my two left feet.." He should consider himself warned for she has stepped on many toes.

[member="Lady Kay"] hadn't required his permission though it did him good to see that she had considered him. Offering a brief nod, he said nothing and after a sparing glance to that of [member="Jed Kerkov"], Veiere turned his sights to the rest of the people, watching and studying them for any sign of, or even a hint of suspicion. For one so quiet and observant as he was being, you might gather that the occasion would be a rather awkward one and that he might have felt out of place; partially true though with only a grain of salt so to speak, the Jedi remained calm and serene amongst the social flow of politicians and politics, financial giants and even freedom-fighters of a kind.

Some of them he had seen before, [member="Ghorua the Shark"] for example had stopped in and visited Kay on her coronation day, the ceremony proceeded by the few who were allowed inside the presidential estate to meet and convey their condolences. From what he had heard, the noticeably larger-than-life individual was a close and personal friend, easily recognizable since. It was comforting to know that among such potential for catastrophe, there were still the counter-weight of friends and allies willing to take up arms for her protection if needs be.

Glancing over to the entrance at the moment [member="Kei Garnik"] arrived. "Oh come on! I was going to tie that tie of his today, he would have made bank with the ladies if we weren't working." sighing softly to himself he made a personal note to teach the poor man how to properly tie a tie. He kept seeing his eyes on the people and the flap seeing some very interesting members come through, some people dressed formally, some in military uniforms, or a droid.... well is he to judge? His normal apparel is something these people would use to cover a puddle and walk over it. He sighed soft taking a sip of his Corellian ale, such a fine drink, keeping his eyes scanning for any problems today, he looked down at his shoes, "Pfft, friends, who needs em' I can get jobs alone." he had been thinking a lot since he received this job, and seeing these people that have known each other a long time, he wished he had some connection to a person like that, but he knew with a lifestyle like his, this is the best he'd get. Tying a tie for some poor guy.

[member="Lady Kay"]

T'zanith arrived late once more this evening but this time though he wanted to feel [member="Saki lin"]'s arms around his arm he had a small girl as his companion this night. She didn't look older than Fifteen or so but her pointed ears gave away the fact she was sephi and most likely at least twice that age in the least. She wore a black dress with a small shawl over her shoulders and upper body that hid her back and chest area in a tasteful manner, her name was Luun Breess a rising star on Shawkens music industry and someone who's music had piqued an interest in T'zanith, though being the sister of his assistant this was equal expanding the girls musical experiences as well as annoy the woman so a win-win in T'zanith's opinion. Making his way around wearing the same he wore yesterday and the sword sheathed on his side as his badge of office.

Noticing [member="Ghorua the Shark"]'s amazing voice T'zanith had to smile a little at the talent the man had, he had been fortunate enough to have been sent a small recording of [member="Lady Kay"]'s performance as well which he was sure he might tease her a little over later as some friends often do, though she had quite a lovely voice. Making his way this time to [member="Veiere Arenais"] and gave him a deferential bow, despite in the past they might have been enemies on alignment alone, T'zanith felt a little easier around him than around full jedi. Making sure to come to a side that the bodyguard wasn't surveying or rather didn't need to, to allow him to continue his job while making his blending in a little easier.

"Good evening Mister Arenais." He said in a tone of voice so that only the former jedi could hear. "It seems the lady president holds many hidden talents hm?" He said with a slight knowing smile at the man while the girl at his side looked around seemingly fidgeting a little out of nervousness. "Might I introduce Luun Breess, a rising singer from Shawken, I thought it would be good for her to go and hear what the galaxy has to offer in this celebration and to see the world that reached it's hand out to Shawken first." He said with a smile as the girl timidly extended her hand in a greeting to Veiere.

Those present
[member="John Shepherd"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Jed Kerkov"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Kei Garnik"] @Ultimatum [member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Ghorua smiled to the crowd, who seemed to be taking his performance rather well. Considering the fact that he had only ever performed before in sleazy cantinas and vibrant strip clubs, he was surprised that the genre translated over well into the social higher-ups. Then again, what else could join all peoples, if not love?

Ghorua elbowed one of his backup singers, a delightful Human girl named Genna. She had taken a liking to the Herglic the second he had come into the college, her interest piquing even further when he inquired about creating a band for the celebrations. She was talented, but terribly hard on herself. "Good song, good song. Let's take 'em home, shall we?" The girl nodded nervously, rallying the rest of the University students.

Ghorua really was amazed by who he was able to pick up for the gig. Luditi, an impoverished Gungan, who had taken up string instruments from a young age. Gak, another Human, who could play the drums like no one's business. They all had one thing in common; Without the necessary funds, none of them would be able to finish their first year. The young musicians had plenty of pressure on them already, only magnified by the fear of losing their education.

Fish-Lips and the Scholars got to their places, and Ghorua brought up his mic one last time. He didn't feel the need to preface this last song with any sloppy speech about giving. He figured he'd let the music do that for him.

"We got it together, baby."

https://youtu.be/BtwOeoeWhoo

- [member="Darth Erebos"] - [member="Veiere Arenais"] - [member="Lady Kay"] -

He did not need to glance over his shoulder to feel the other approaching him, his eyes remained on the crowd and yet the feeling of [member="Darth Erebos"]'s aura within the force betrayed his personal alignment. The Exile's hands however remained hooked by each thumb into the front of his leather belt and away from the lightsaber buried beneath his old Jedi Robe; there was no threat there in Erebos's approach, the force would have told him otherwise and should that change, Veiere knew he could rely on his instincts to warn him first. "She certainly does..." He raised his head in a half nod as he watched [member="Lady Kay"] a moment before slowly turning to look to Erebos with a warm smile in greeting. He was not familiar with this one by name, but by appearance true; he was a guest of the previous day and one of the many who claimed to support the commenori people and the one leading them. "Forgive me but I do not know your name..." He offered a partial bow, his eyes traveling from the male to the woman that was at his side; "Luun Breess" He acknowledged, as if to remind himself before offering her the same formal and respectable bow in greeting, "Veiere Arenais, advisor to the Madame President...-It's an honor to meet you".

Truthfully he had little idea of the world of Shawken, if that was a world the male was elaborating on; the politics were completely Kay's profession where as Veiere was more focused around defensive capabilities, more so for her than anyone else, but also the first to volunteer as being an envoy to meet others requiring a friendly push towards keeping the peace with other government agencies. It was in a way, almost as if he had become a Jedi in the Private sector for helping Commenor and her surrounding associated worlds and systems.

"I must confess, this celebration is a little more than I myself am accustomed to" Veiere chuckled softly between the two while he himself turned to glance back in Lady Kay's direction, conscious of her well-being even while the distance between them hadn't grown any. It was a brief yet calculated glance before he turned to look back to Erebos, "It also feels like more people in this room are familiar with my name than I am theirs; I trust you haven't heard anything too revolting regarding my person".

Kay-Larr

Kay just had the one dance with [member="Jed Kerkov"] in which she did her best to not step on his toes. She failed though on two occasions, offering a polite chuckle as she apologized for her lack of skill yet again.

When the song was over, she saw [member="Ghorua the Shark"] take to the stage again and prepare his band of students. They seemed nervous, but not so much for the Herglic's sake, yet for being in the spotlight with everyone else. Kay was well on her way back to [member="Veiere Arenais"] 's side when the new song had begun. Her smile broadened as she saw [member="Darth Erebos"] and another in conversation with him. She didn't speak as she didn't want to interrupt. Instead she took a casual glance around, noting [member="John Shepherd"] and others in her security team holding their positions well.

Seconds later, one of the staff approached Kay and whispered in her ear, showing her a message on the datapad. After reading it, Kay frowned slightly and nodded in thanks. So it seemed as though the date auction with her brother is cancelled. Hopefully people wouldn't be too disappointed. She'll just have to wait until a bit later to let everyone know.

[member="Kei Garnik"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

Taking the opportunity, Ultimatum moved towards [member="Lady Kay"]. The droid passed through the cloud as carefully as possible, there was quite a ruckus now that the event was well established and begun. Some organics were moving to get a better position to listen and watch the band while others were bustling from auction to auction. Ultimatum felt as if he were amidst a sea, one in which he could not simply smash through the waves but had to ride them out. It was a most interesting experience and one that the droid would not soon forget.

When, after a few moments and a number of close calls, Ultimatum found himself beside the one who had so often been a light in the dark for him. Truthfully, the droid had questioned his morality and that behind his creation so many times and to see that Kay appeared to know how to use the evil for good gave him hope. If asked such, he would never have admitted it willingly, truly accepting the fact that his self-assuredness was lacking was more difficult than most would have guessed. He spoke when he was certain that she could hear him, "Madam Kay, it is good to see you again, and in such fine health. I assume that the presidency is treating you well?"

Smiled and extended his hand. "I must forgive my rudeness master Veiere, My name is T'zanith Zebron, the current monarch of Shawken after the previous one so suddenly died in a Kaggath." He said though he left out that he was the one facing the monarch at the time, a spoiled brat who fancied herself strong in the force when even the sith had discarded her very low latent power in the force. "And no, no I've heard little but all of it good. Though I must admit a former Jedi that practices restraint like you is a rare breed these days." He said with a small knowing smile as Luun simply looked a little confused before she gave Veiere a small deferential bow and then began to search for something to drink at which point T'zanith told her to be careful and remember why she was there, gaining a small enthusiastic series of nods from her and a promise to return as soon as possible.

Those present
[member="John Shepherd"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Jed Kerkov"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Kei Garnik"] @Ultimatum [member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Kay-Larr

Kay's mind was on how to relay the charity auction disappointment. Was it best to just let it slide and hope that everyone would have forgotten? Or should she address it?

Either way her thoughts were interrupted when [member="Ultimatum"] approached. She smiled brightly and gave him a hug, just as she did on her inauguration day. "It certainly has it's challenges, I'll give you that. But at least I won't have this role for life. How are you doing?" She didn't know the circumstances as to why he had a slightly different body than she was used to, but it wasn't for her to pry.

"Fine thank you. I hope that this body more readily suits the occasion than my previous one." Ultimatum smiled when he heard [member="Lady Kay"] was doing alright. Certainly there were many obligations as the ruler of a world and sometimes they were difficult to handle, however she seemed to be doing well so far. As far as he was aware Kay had avoided any attempt on her life or destructive conflicts. After a recent meeting with an acquaintance Ultimatum was also pleased that she was not mixed up with too many Sith at the moment. He was regrettably having difficulty handling his own connections with Sith.

"Ingenious idea to have a celebration. What gave you the inspiration?"

Kay-Larr

She nodded some, when he referred to his appearance. "As long as you're here, that's all that matters." Kay had grown rather accustomed to his other body, but just as people change their hairstyle or even their looks with cosmetic surgery, she wasn't going to judge him for wanting to be more comfortable with himself.

Kay glanced around at the venue as [member="Ultimatum"] asked about her inspiration. "Ingenious? Or good marketing? With so many Embassies of various governments here and business contracts and trade agreements being signed, I figured that it was as good a time as any to celebrate everyone's achievements, including the students at the University here. And it opens the door for more opportunity." She just hoped that it continues to run smoothly. And as popular as she wanted Commenor to be, Kay also wanted it to fly under the radar of some. The least amount of trouble that they have coming their way, the better.

"What keeps you busy these days?"

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Darth Erebos"]

The droid smiled politely, truth be told this body was uncomfortable for the AI, its dimensions required that he readjust his thought patterns. It was like a physical growth spurt, or whatever the opposite of that would have been in organic terms. There was a lot of mental recalibrating that the body had required. In turn he expected to have the same problem into his previous body. He was glad though that his system was constructed for the purpose of flexibility.

"Been pretty busy with some new designs for droids and ships I am working on. It has been proving rather complicated however I have some fighters that you might find useful for planetary defense, though looking around I don't think anybody would want to attack here. Have you had any difficulty with other groups wanting to gain control or something?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

The Celebration was already in full swing by the time Kendall Ginn walked into the large tent, quickly surrounded by music and guests mingling, not many paying him mind except the occasional suspicious look. Weequay's always look like the bad guys to colony worlds like this, but no matter, this was a party. He was late but it didn't matter much for his goals, hearing some things about Commenor in the recent past Kendall was excited to see it and this was an increasingly lovely experience. What a shame, he thought, if the cartel were to latch their grubby hands on it, and even more so that he may be on their side.

Today Kendall had no ill will as he strutted around the dance hall, offering cheery greetings to those he passed by, no doubt he wont know the people here, or at the very least they wont know him, and introduction will be in order. If the cartel had a reason to target Commenor then he wanted to see it himself, coincidentally he spotted the famed Lady Kay at a bar as he thought this, and recognized her as the President of the planet. He'll have a talk with her when the opportunity arises, but not yet, cant seem too eager. Kendall lets the energy of the celebration sweep him in.

Kay-Larr

"Some new fighters? Oh I'd love to see them when they are ready." Kay gestured to all of the various guards in the tent. "Most of these well armoured individuals are just here to watch their charges. Not all of the various groups get along, but so far everyone has been respectful of one another." To [member="Ultimatum"] 's question, she shook her head a little. "No other government has tried to gain control as of yet. Myself and the Elders are still in charge. However that hasn't stopped some of the criminal organizations from trying to gain some traction on our streets. It's not so easy for them though, thankfully. There just aren't enough people here living in destitute for them to exploit."

Kay raised a brow slightly as [member="Kendall Ginn"] weaved his way through the crowd. She hadn't come across many Weequays in her time, but the encounters hadn't been bad. Hopefully that good luck would continue.

Ultimatum raised an eyebrow, or the approximation that he had, at that. It was no surprise that crime syndicates were attempting to get a foothold in the new government, such times of even minor turbulence were opportune moments for criminal activity. The fact that she maintained control and was by far prepared for it showed how well she was handling the situation. Even given the mentioned lack of people to take advantage of, [member="Lady Kay"] had managed to contain the attempts.

"It pleases me that you have done well for your people. I look forward to seeing how well you continue as president. Forgive me, I never learned this, but how long will the presidential term last? It is quite early to be speaking about it, but I am curious."

[member="Darth Erebos"] hit something of a point that had been among Veiere's silent concerns for a long time now; though he had thought himself to have moved on, when the male mentioned his likeness or rather restraint taught in the old way of the Jedi Order, Veiere's gaze seemed to drop somewhat, offering a sideways nod in acknowledgement of the truth whilst trying to play it off with a faint smile; "A relic from a forgotten age perhaps, hm?" He questioned though it was meant to be rhetorical. He was uncertain of Erebos' own history within the use and practice of the Force nor how much he knew of the Order itself. It did beg to question his intentions for participating in the political fundraiser; after-all Veiere wasn't quite sure how he and [member="Lady Kay"] were connected, if at all.

"You carry a distinct aura around you, I imagine you've been told before..." Veiere turned to glance back to Erebos, speaking subtly though the other would hear the intent behind the remark and know that Veiere had recognized the opposite end of the alignment in the Force from a distance away; "It is not often that I'm in the company of such a thing in such civil manner so perhaps it is us both who are something of a rarity in today's age. A galaxy filled with conflict and yet here we stand...-What brings you to Commenor, if I might ask. The Festival aside".

Kay-Larr

Kay smiled and bowed her head to [member="Ultimatum"] . He was always so complimentary towards her. "Thank you. The term is for five years, with the chance to extend it for two more terms. It all depends on what the people and the Elders want. Of course my term can be shortened to, through a variety of factors. Yet still, I hope to do my best for the Commenori for as long as they will allow me." Hopefully she'll get to stay for one full term.

Kay looked to the time. It was growing late. Can't delay it for much longer. She looked to Ultimatum. "Please excuse me for a short moment. I have an announcement to make." She bowed her head and glanced to [member="Veiere Arenais"] before heading over to the stage as one of the songs was finished playing. The spotlight shone on her while she stood in front of the mic. "Good evening. I hope that you all are enjoying yourselves as much as I am. Everyone here is doing a fantastic job......Now is the time that we were to hold the date auction with my brother, James, but sadly he is unable to attend. So if there is anyone here who would like to take his place, then please join me on stage."

[member="Kei Garnik"] [member="John Shepherd"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="Jed Kerkov"] [member="Darth Erebos"] [member="Kendall Ginn"] [member="Ryn'Dhal"]

The droid wondered if she planned on running for another term, or if one was her intended time. He hoped that she would be able to continue doing so well for her first term. There would be trials, but that was true of most governments across the galaxy. From what he understood of her methods, Ultimatum doubted that she was prone to having the difficulties more common in dictatorships. She had a bright future, of that he was sure. It was for organics like her that he worked for the betterment of their kind. There was hope for the galaxy with people like her and that heartened the droid.

Bowing at her dismissal he replied, "Very well." Stepping away he found another empty seat, which he occupied soon thereafter and allowed himself to relax in restive state while his mind turned to other matters.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom