Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commenor's president had quickly begun her announcement after Kendall arrived, between the Goliath singing his heart out on stage to the offer Lady Kay is presenting, Kendall is starting to crack up. An auction for a date? so this is what the rich spend their money on in these overblown schmoozing fests. It was made even better that the bachelor wasn't even there to be bought. At Kay's offer to replace him Kendall so wanted to hop up and offer himself but decided against it. Though a real charmer to himself, his skin did better to internalize moisture than catch the wandering eyes of party-goers. Maybe he'll drop some cat-calls to whoever does volunteer, just to be noticed, just as a little nuisance on the side-lines for now. Hopefully someone he can recognize will show up soon enough, but then again, that'd be bad news for the party considering his affiliations. Kendall just chuckles to himself as he watches Ghorua tower off the stage, what a voice the big guy's got.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Well it didn't seem as though anyone was going to take the risk. Kay knew that she certainly wouldn't, not after that first and only time that she had done such a thing. Sure it raised a lot of credits for a good cause, but she was nearly killed as a result. That didn't make her feel keen on joining the dating scene at all. So she avoided it ever since.

"Well, it seems as though the auction is cancelled. But there are some art pieces in one of the tents for purchase by some of our fine graduates. May you enjoy the rest of your evening."

She bowed her head and then exited the stage, making her way back to [member="Ultimatum"] . "Sorry about that. I think that's nearly the last time that I have to be up on stage for tonight. The evening is winding down. Now where were we? You said that you had some fighters for us? What are they like?"

[member="Kendall Ginn"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Darth Erebos"] [member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="Ghorua the Shark"]

As Ghorua finished his final song, letting the band play out, he brought the mic down from his terrifying face. A few of Commenor's citizens and big shots had come down to dance, guarded by large members of the Goliath Company. Even the large armored individuals couldn't keep their toes from tapping.

Once the band finished, Ghorua saw [member="Lady Kay"] make her announcement, and he frowned. No auction meant less revenue for the event. Ghorua would just have to make all that back with his rounds.

"That's it, kids. Go, meet your screaming fans." The establishment was rather quiet, but the sentiment was understood. The University students nodded their thanks to the large man, and walked down from the stage, closely followed by Ghorua himself.

The Herglic thanked a Goliath Company member as they handed him an empty case. The large Herglic began to walk around the crowd, meeting with the galactic 10%.

Most greeted him warmly, actively engaging in conversation before dispersing their change into the case. Ghorua had never seen so many people happy to see him. Ghorua noticed his drummer talking with a wealthy Neimodian, and he overheard something about a sponsorship to finish his education. The Shark didn't care much for organizations or factions, but individual people. He was glad for the percussionist.

- [member="Kendall Ginn"] - [member="Ultimatum"] - [member="Darth Erebos"] - [member="Veiere Arenais"] -

Ultimatum stood when [member="Lady Kay"] arrived. The droid thought for a moment on how best to describe the fighters without falling into the trap of bragging. When he came to a conclusion, he replied, "They are intended to be faster than most other fighters, giving them the advantage of maneuverability and speed. They have a molecular shield which increases their defensive capacities. Unfortunately they are not very capable in space. These ships are capable of having multiple loadouts, allowing them to function as fighters or makeshift bombers or others beside. They are on the verge of being produced on a larger scale and I was wondering if you would like to have a few for your defenses."

The droid took pride in his work, whether or not it was the best in the galaxy. He believed that he could bring a new level of technological advancements to organics, force them to think beyond the simple means they had at this time. Technological revolutions required much work and great examples to begin, he intended on being that starting spark. The droid envisioned a future soon to pass where the blaster and current shields were archaic and obsolete. Energy would no longer be a problem.

Kay-Larr

Kay clasped her hands in fron of her as she listened to [member="Ultimatum"] describe the fighters. As he laid out some of the pros and cons of the ships, she had already begun envisioning their use. She smiled when he finished and nodded. "That would be wonderful. They would be a great asset to our defensive shield. I'll send word to General Santiago and you two can discuss further details on that front. For the ships to not function well in space is fine as our soldiers stay home. They are needed to protect us here."

She glanced over to [member="Ghorua the Shark"] as he passed the hat, so to speak. It was nice that people didn't seem to be very fearful of him tonight, which was the reaction he normally got from strangers. Maybe it was because of his superb baritone singing voice? It was a wonder if he had had any training.

Kay then turned her attention back to Ultimatum. "Is there anything that I can do to help you out in any way?"

Listening to [member="Veiere Arenais"] speak caused T'zanith to lightly smirk. "Well Civilization wouldn't exist if beings couldn't be civil, I'm here as a representative of Shawken and well, [member="Lady Kay"] and I are what might be considered friends. Well also after all it is a good cause." He said as he then listened to the announcement that the date auction was cancelled which only made him chuckle a little. Waiting a bit once Lady kay had left the stage and then stepping up to the stage with Luun Breess at his side. Putting her center stage and holding a hand reassuringly at the girls shoulder, T'zanith began to speak. "As this is a cultural event, I have the rather selfish desire to share a bit of Shawkens own music though little can compare to what the students and mister Ghorua just performed for us. Might I introduce Luun Breess an aspiring singer on Shawken." He said right before taking a few steps back and utilizing a small device that distributed some musical sheets to the performers that came up to the stage behind the Sephi girl.

As T'zanith went back to Veiere and gave the girl a reassuring nod he listened to her breathe in and close her eyes before she began to sing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR-eV7fHNbM

Those present
[member="John Shepherd"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Jed Kerkov"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Kei Garnik"] @Ultimatum [member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Ultimatum was tempted to speak of a number of different things that he could have used help with. However, most were subjects that either were intentionally intended to be kept from others for the time being, or were simply too massive to expect aid in them. He did not doubt that she would follow through with her offer, the droid knew [member="Lady Kay"] well enough to know that she would keep her word as best as possible. The AI believed that even so he would need to do this alone for now. The plans that would shape the future of organics were his own to bear. Someday he would share, someday he would tell his friend what his plans were, but right now he had to keep it close to his chest. Was it a foolish belief? Probably, but different opinions do not change how one thinks.

"Nothing at this time. I appreciate the offer. I will be sure to ask in the future if something comes up that requires aid. How about you? Anything that I could aid you or your people with?" The droid tuned out the music from his audio receptors for the moment, giving his brain more processing power to put to thoughts and his current conversation.

Kay-Larr

While [member="Ultimatum"] tuned out the music that played, Kay didn't. The young girl on stage, that [member="Darth Erebos"] had brought with him, had a powerful voice. She was going to go very far, just so long as she marketed herself correctly. Having her start in the Core was a great way to go.

Kay then turned her full attention back to Ultimatum as he enquired on what he could do to help her and Commenor. "Well, I am wanting to get our shipbuilding factories up and running again. The old ones are still there and in need of much repair, but our own engineers aren't trained in such things. These factories haven't been running in hundreds of years. The Commenori may not always be able to rely on others to help protect us. So we should have more for our own fleet. Is that something that you could help us with?"

The droid grinned at that question. Ultimatum had designed and taken part in the construction of firs the Progenitor Facility, then the Foresight, and finally various production sites in many parts of the galaxy. He could not claim to be the best designer, there were organics who could do better in the galaxy. He had no doubts that he could handle this with relative ease.

"I am offended that you insinuate that I will not be there to help," he replied jokingly before continuing,"In all seriousness, it shouldn't be too difficult. I'll see what can be done. If it would help, I could even have droids built to make the facility more automated, free up your people to work in other areas. Just an offer."

Of course, before he could do any of that, the droid would need to look through the state of the factories. Ultimatum would need to learn exactly how old the machines were, how best to remove them and replace them with recent machines. He would further need to make repairs to the buildings themselves. Obviously it would not be a good idea to put new equipment into a run down building.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay smirked as [member="Ultimatum"] pretended to be offended. And then he revealed his ideas, which were good ones, truth be told. Of course some of her people would be trained to be able to help should something go wrong, but there was no doubt that Ultimatum had already figured that.

She smiled and bowed her head to him. "That's an offer that I simply cannot refuse. It'll save us from having people to work the overnight shifts. I'm sure that there would be many workers that would be very pleased to hear this news. Thank you. After the Celebrations are over, we can work out the details." Now just wasn't the time to go through it all.

Kay looked to the hour and then to the donation box, slightly curious as to how much was given tonight. Regardless, there were many Commenori students and Korriban survivors that were going to gain the spoils from this evening.

Kendall tapped his foot on the ground as the energy from the botched date auction died down. What an anti-climactic ending, he'd have to make up for, time to have some fun. He watched Lady Kay walk off the stage back to her mechanical Acquaintance. He watched and waited for a lull in the conversation, seeing so, the weequay approached and promptly butted in. placing himself in between the two as the president glanced away from the conversation.

"Lovely event going on here, you did well arrange it Madam President. You don't know me but i am quite familiar with the name Lady Kay, and it is a pleasure." he turns a bit to Ultimatum "With you i am sadly less familiar. Kendall Ginn, pleasure." he offers a hand to both of them, an inviting grin stretched across his face.

Why not shove his face in the spotlight for these folks, after all, Kendall wanted to make an impression, and between his out of place attire and sudden approach of the two, he'd hope to have that effect.

Kay-Larr

Kay blinked as [member="Kendall Ginn"] approached and stood between her and [member="Ultimatum"] . His introduction seemed a little odd as well, but it wasn't abnormal. She liked to make herself approachable for everyone and some used different tactics than others.

She took his hand, giving it a firm shake while she smiled. "Pleasure to meet you Kendall Ginn. Are you a resident of Commenor? Or have you arrived for the festivities?" Though most residents were human, it wasn't uncommon for other races to be there too.

Ultimatum took the organic's arrival in stride, he extended his hand to shake that of the interesting visitor. If he was here to leave an impression he had succeeded, if only because Ultimatum had not met many Weequay and they were a very unique species. The droid waited until [member="Lady Kay"] had finished before introducing himself, "The name is Ultimatum, well met."

[member="Kendall Ginn"]

After shaking their hands Kendall steps back to address Lady Kay's question. Noting the name Ultimatum, Kendall finds there's always those who stand out in gatherings just in the visual sense, he found the metallic face to be one such patron.

"No resident no, just visiting for the event, I come from a part of the Galaxy that is by and large less communal than this, the lovely Commenor. I'd say i'm enjoying my time here. Many new faces and names, it is once again nice to meet you Ultimatum. How's would you say the place is doing from an executive viewpoint? Nothin specific, party, planet, whatever makes good conversation."

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded a little, offering a small smile as [member="Kendall Ginn"] seemed to be enjoying himself. There were many that came from great distances, so she hoped that the festivities made it worth the journey.

She raised a brow slightly at his question. It sounded very much like something that a reporter would ask. Was Kendall a reporter? Anything was possible in this day and age. "I think that we're doing quite well for a population of our size. We're not as large as Mimban or Coruscant, but we make do and it works. There's no need for us to try to get bigger than we need to. And what of your homeworld? How are they doing?"

[member="Ultimatum"]

Kendall could tell that his question had struck the President as odd, at least in the manner of asking it. It was odd really, but what better way to grasp a person's motivations than what they think about their, so to say projects. In Lady Kay's case, that meant the planet that she was leading as to be expected. Her answer seemed sincere enough, meaning she wasn't hoping for expansion being in neutral space, which makes it even more odd for the cartel to target such a world. With Lady Kay's question Kendall leans back for a moment considering, a smirk crossing his face, which evolves into a small snicker.

"My homeworld? Well, born and raised on Chandaar. Not sure if you know but it's what I'd call a cosmic piece of litter. Since I got off of there i've just been around Hutt Space which is not the most hospitable region. I'm sure you're, familiar with that." With his final regard toward hutt space he gives Lady Kay a knowing glance.

Kay-Larr

Kay had never been to Chandaar, and had heard very little about it. She couldn't point it out on a map, nor what kinds of terrain it had. And then [member="Kendall Ginn"] mentioned Hutt space and her knowledge of it. She studied him and the look that he gave her, but she wasn't quite sure of who's side he was on. Either he was a fan of her work at liberating slaves, or he was a fan of the Cartel.

"Yes...I am quite familiar with Hutt space. What sort of work did you do there, if I may ask?" Her eyes wandered over to [member="Ultimatum"] for a brief moment. No doubt he was just as curious about this individual as she was.

Kendall grinned, this is practically what he lived for. Leading the conversation and building the curiosity in those he spoke with until he could work out just what he wanted out of the interaction. He tried not to give himself too much credit however, since he was still the stranger bothering the president with vague points and empty compliments.

"Lady Kay, I gotta say, you seem sincere for a politician. Weather you're just good at faking it or i'm right on that, I appreciate it, so i'll repay you with my own sincerity. I do a lot of work in Hutt space, not all of it i'm proud of. But, I like to consider myself an entrepreneur, I put my assistance and efforts to where i think they're good to have, and where i think they do good."

He hovers closer to the bar looking slightly off to the side as he speaks, making his spiel seem uninterested and very possibly theatrical to the right crowd. "I showed up because of the Cartel, they dont like you and offered good reward. So far, I like you more than I like them. So reward, doesn't matter to me." Kendall looked back to the two as he finished, wondering if it had been too much. After all, with Commenor's current relations even the mention of the Cartel might get him arrested by the more jumpy types.

Ultimatum had indeed been interested in the arrival of a seemingly unknown person who had potential work connections in Hutt Space. Organics were not beings Ultimatum quickly came to trust, they were illogical and sometimes rather emotional beings. Ultimatum's recent experience with organics had not helped, but the droid was also not one to judge quickly. He often had to force himself to avoid simply deciding that one organic or another was untrustworthy based on preliminary evidence. A computer was built to take information and come to a decision on how to use and store it as quickly as possible. It was a particularly hazardous situation given that organics were incredibly complex beings that needed tie to fully understand. However, as [member="Kendall Ginn"] spoke of his work and the eventual decision to reveal that he was here because of the Cartel Ultimatum felt less certain of the organic. Again he told himself to not jump to a conclusion based on incomplete evidence. He stayed silent, though his gaze jumped to [member="Lady Kay"] for a moment before returning to Ginn.

Kay-Larr

Kay gave [member="Kendall Ginn"] a small smile as he spoke of her being sincere. She had always hoped to appear to others as she felt that she was, trustworthy and honest. Of course her face was easy to read, so telling a lie was rather difficult for her. And that was partly what separated her from other politicians. And more than likely it was what got her voted in.

And then he mentioned the Cartel and that a reward was offered. Well that was new. Of course she knew that the Cartel hated her, was trying to ruin her good name, but a reward? Kay furrowed her brows. "What award are they offering and what for? What is it that they are asking others to do?"

[member="Ultimatum"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom