Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catch me if you Can

J u n o
u2gJVx.jpg
Time of Day: Early Night
Theme: Here
Mentions: Quill Kaohal Quill Kaohal
Gear:
The battle around them grew feircer as the snap-booms of Juno's discs would continue to fly one after the other slamming the ever encroaching men and woman at their center masses in order to send them sprawling. The Lupine might have noted that despite the circular-saw like blades and the resemblance they had to lightsabers. They impacted the enemies which were laying down deadly volleys of fire in such a manner that they would merely break bones and send their broken bodies sprawling, but very much alive.

The kid didn't need to say another word as they dropped down into hangar, people scrambling in every direction for safety while a couple thought to draw blasters for a moment until the Roar of the creatures voice spoke a language they could understand. Juno would leap from the beasts' back and stormed into the ships opening. Her glare and the blood of others across her brow were enough to persuade he few still inside to vacate the ship as she moved to the control panel of the freighter.

Universal controls helped with these kinds of things, but Juno was no expert pilot. Whirring up the ship would take a couple of moments as she disengaged the magnetic locks, attempting to get everything underway. All the while the hostile forces that were perusing them spend a handful of moments overwhelming the hangar's security in a gunfight they were certain to win. A valiant fight no doubt, but a thermal detonator saw an ubrupt end to the hired guard leading their masked assailants into the open once more, eradicating witnesses as they went with skilled precision.

However, no sooner than they breached the hangar, executing the former crew and took aim at those aboard the ship the repulsarlift generators whirred to life, lifting the cumbersome ship off the ground and angling it for liftoff in such a manner that their enemies lay in the path of their ion drives.

It took them a moment to understand what was about to happen... a moment too late as Juno would yell out to her new friend. "If you're not on the boat in three its not my problem! Three!"

And with little more warning she would slap the afterburners of the ship, the shockwave from the blast as they accelerated rapidly was enough to flatten the eastern side of the hangar with the force. The blast shook the building to its core and sent men scattering like ragdolls as they shot into the sky away from their ire as well as their blasters. Out of sight, Juno would breathe a sigh of relief.

"Well, that was fun..."
Chiss Ascendancy V. Cardassian Union - (Star Wars/Star Trek) | SpaceBattles

Determine new Safe-Haven l Investigate Pursuers

'Juno' Hart 'Juno' Hart

Quill watched as the ramp came up and they ascended into the air and the freighter blasted off and away into a safe distance.... They had escaped, for now. Quill's slitted iris's narrowed as he sat on his hind end, his wolf form panting heavily as he listened to Juno chide slightly, putting the situation off as a joke, a low growl heard from his general direction in the ship. His thoughts moved to the series of events this evening, and nothing, not a thing made sense. Her raid on the facility, her capture... and then the attack -- if any correlation, it had to be her, but again, he wouldn't let them kill her, for now, she was an unexpected ally and he would side with her, he had a score to settle now, 3 bodies worth to be specific.

The sickening crack of bones re-shifting would be heard from the back as Quill sat crouched now in a nude form, grabbing a tarp from the back, he covered his lower waist and walked up and into the cockpit, saying not a thing to Juno. Sitting down his head rested onto the seat as his eyes lingered outside the glass, watching the ground grow farther and farther way. It was his fault those Knights were dead; if he had never engaged Juno -- would they still be alive? His eyes went over to Juno as he observed the girl checking the controls, speaking now, his eyes showing his state of mind. "We will need to find me some new clothing, and new weapon since you failed to keep the bundle I threw at you earlier, but your only human I guess. However... I vow to help find who attacked us, and to help protect you... not, that your not capable, I'm just fairly certain the ones that attacked us are after us both now. Birds of a feather sort of chit... you know? " The part he left out, would be kill the ones that attacked them... but deep down, he knew this wasn't a Jedi mindset, but as he turned his head again in defeat, he didn't care -- he was so tired of trying to be the "Jedi" they wanted him to be, because deep down, within him, he knew the same mindset that lured his Uncle away, the Vius mindset... was the same one he carried deep within and the same atrocities that he had committed, Quill was capable of the same things. Tired, cold and hungry now from all the movement and energy he had exerted his mind went to his sword. His families sword. He had lost it... he had been entrusted to care for it and had done so for years... and now, not being able to hold the worn leather grip of it caused an anxiousness within him -- for now he felt more alone than he had ever been. Disconnected from his lineage, he would find a way to retrieve it eventually. Speaking up again, a fatigue overtaking his voice now. "You have a plan where we should go? I would assume someone like you would... no offense." A slight 'chip on the shoulder' tone heard within his voice.

J u n o
u2gJVx.jpg
Gear:
As soon as it looked like they were hovering, Juno would unsip her vest, pulling the light armour-weave vest and the clothing underneath it off so that she was able to inspect her wounds. A tube-top underneath her clothing concealing her modesty and slight frame as she revealed to herself quickly she'd been hit a number of times. Narrow blaster shots had skimmed by her in such a manner that burns dotted her torso in burning red marks that were beginning to boil. Grabbing the Ships med-kit she'd begin to apply the bacta patches where applicable, hissing at the sensation of the cooled plasma against her burned skin.

But as the boy beside her began to talk, Juno would allow gravity to lean her head to one side, her face deadpan with the inane comments that assailed her, allowing her time to hope, for but a single moment that one of those blaster bolts had struck true.

"Not to hurt your feelings Spot, but I think getting a new coat for you is just going to have to wait for the winter. There's a couple more important things to do right now." Juno retorted to him needing clothing sighing at the loss of her weapons, thankfully still having the ones that mattered. "Coulda, Shoulda Woulda... My knives and spheres are replaceable enough. Replacing that paint is going to be a pain. That's a week. "

His vow however, would have made her spit out her drink, exploding into laughter enough that her ribs hurt from the fresh wounds. Not to mention the fact that he'd thrown her off a karking rooftop with an explosion.

"I don't mean to burst your bubble Sparky. But I think the last thing I need right now is another carrot assed Jedi hanging over my shoulder. Don't you have a galactic menace to valiantly duel to the death or something? The hell do you care about stuff that goes on, on the streets of some backwater planet in a backwater city."

However callous her language, to the careful listener however there was a shift in her demeanor. Though she was clearly hedging her bets, her statements potentially a cruel attack as it was a condemning of the entire galactic infrastructure. She was also clearly in pain, adrenaline wearing off as she was frustrated at the events that had occurred. Corking a potential eruption of deep seeded anger at what had just happened barely and taking it out on everything within reach.

But at the end of it, an uncharacteristic chance for the Young Jedi. Should he deign to take it.

Determine new Safe-Haven l Investigate Pursuers

'Juno' Hart 'Juno' Hart
Quills eyes lingered slightly on Juno as she removed her under weave vest and began to dress herself down for triage care, a sudden pang of guilt washing over him as she spoke and scalded him. "Chit" Perhaps he had been slightly rude, but... without being dramatic and seemingly like a creep, Quill looked let out a brief but loud huff, speaking towards her as she continued to apply bacta. "Well, wherever we go, we might want to pick me up some gear, that is unless you prefer me all natural, or, as a wolf -- and I ain't going to pose as your dog every we go." He couldn't admit it currently, still feeling as if the two were at each others throats, but in his mind he knew -- she was all he had, and in order for the two to get to the bottom of things, they would have to rely on each other, easier said than done.

Replaceable. She was right again. Quill had hung so tightly to the past of how things used to be, of stories of old and how they were -- that he failed to adapt and change to the present, and the needs of that time. His sword was gone, potentially lost and never to be found again. He would have to reinvent his whole fighting style... but, regardless of how he felt towards the young lady, perhaps - he'd be able to glean more than just wounds from the woman. Shifting now in his seat, his free hand moved to the sides of his rib cage where the light discs had hit him head on earlier, they were tender still to the touch as he winced. His body had a natural ability to heal quickly... but he noted his excessive assertion tonight was impeding that particular ability.... what a drag he thought to himself.

Her words stung like a well placed slap to the face, his eyes narrowing slightly as he turned his attention back to her. "What do I care? Says the one that attacked a facility and left innocent workers wounded. You may not have killed them, but don't sit there and tell me what I do and don't care about. You want the honest truth? Yeah, you may be something else but that doesn't mean you deserve death. Those attackers, came at us with intent to kill -- in fact, incase you forgot, that transport with those Knights you made chums with are dead -- you want the truth, here it is -- I'm coming for blood, and I won't rest until I get it." His teeth clenched together as if chomping down on something hard, the hairs on the back of his neck standing up as his canines were visibly seen more so than they had been in the past few seconds. "Now, if were done, I'll be the first. My backhanded comments won't get us anywhere, I'm sorry -- I'll keep them to a minimum... as best, as I can." He turned away, inhaling and exhaling just slightly in a flustered manner, trying to regain control of his emotions knowing they could cause an involuntary phase -- which, would turn out bad for both. Turning back to her, he re-positioned in his chair, holding his hand out. " I can speed your body's natural ability to heal with the Force, if, you let me. If not, it's your decision."

J u n o
u2gJVx.jpg
Gear:
Juno would snicker at his comment about where they would go, she could think of a bevvy of reactions to the idea of him posing as her trustworthy hound. Telling him to mush, that he wouldn't need to pose much, that she'd build a nice kennel for him in the yard. But the pain distracted her, took her heart out of the sarcasm.

But the pain that came next was worse.

It was like looking into an ugly mirror, and one that Juno had momentarily opened herself up to. Juno was vulnerable in this fleeting flicker of an instant. A state she likely wouldn't be in again. A brief look of fear would cross her face as the boy would all but snap in her direction, reprimanding her with the slew of decisions she made as she could only stare on in horror at the tirade that befell her. Momentarily paralyzed she couldn't help but wait until the end of it, it wasn't until the beginning of his apology when she finally managed to break free of the spell that had her gazing into the headlights of an oncoming vehicle. But when the break finally came her response would come at first with a stutter as she would attempt to regain her ground. She'd claw back her control with her bare hands if she had to.

"N-no-now hold on a second! Who in the hells do you think you are talking to me like that!? You couldn't begin to comprehend half the stuff that I've been through! A few workers having a bad day and getting in the way is nothing here on Verun. Be thankful they still get to go back to their families in a couple of days. And if you even had an inkling of what I was dealing with you'd drop to your knees and beg me to burn this whole damn city to the ground! And if you and yours just... Argh!" She gave up. Even Juno knew when to bite her tongue, she was sure that the Jedi there were good people, and she wasn't about to disrespect them or throw the blame of their fates at the kid she was saddled with. Not to mention the pure rage in her eyes was something she recognized way too much... It was that look of vengeful unbridled hate that hurt her more than anything she could have said, even if it weren't directed her way. Why did he think she didn't kill anymore?

"I'll be fine," her tone dropped drastically, calming down, sorrowful even... But she was far too proud to admit wrong after an argument, the slouch of her shoulders and the fact her eyes moved to avoid his signaled all the body language of an apology without physically saying the words. She needed to come away with something out of this...

"Look, there's a place I know where I can get your a new saber, if you don't mind looted goods. I know a guy, If you keep your head down, and don't say anything. We should be able to build our equipment up. As for your clothes, ship blueprint says this place has bunks on the wings, search them for some of the old crews' clothes. They'll do for now. Maybe they had a teenage girl you can borrow something from."

She smirked, her sense of humor beginning to return as she would carine the ship towards the mall. A mobile tent city of nerdowells composing a homeless population of former gangsters and made men whose empires had crumbled. They were an eccentric lot, each and every one of them with a story, almost always with a fall from grace. But if you wanted to get lost, it was a good place to lay low. Trust was a foreign language in the Mall.

Accepting it, they'd land nearby abandon the ship and take the short walk to the location and push into the back of a small store past a curtain revealing an illegal goods store selling all manner of weapons and contraband. Explosives, Knives and specialty weapons from across the galaxy. A one eyed Basiliskin behind the counter greeted the newcomers as they entered. "Ahhh, welcome to the Arsenal. What are you in the market for Juno?"

The man rolled his 'r's like a Toydarian, a heavy smokers accent gruff and gritty. Juno would reply "I need a full reload, buzz knives and bouncies. Full set."

'Ahh, Those knives are getting hard to get you know Juno, not so cheap these days eh.' Sparking an argument. Though, of all the things that would stand out in the room, behind the counter within a display case were a set of five lightsabers, each with unique hilts and marks, some looked as though they had been damaged ranging from 80k to 120k credits...

Objective: Re-supply; Re-Coordinate
Tags: 'Juno' Hart 'Juno' Hart

Quill simply sat quietly as he watched Juno react rather violently to his scalding... maybe he had been too hard on her, because in reality, she spoke the truth that had been ever present in his mind, the only difference was, she had been brazen enough and bold to speak her mind. Letting out a soft sigh, Quill stood in the cockpit, firmly holding the tarp to his waist as he walked off and back towards the compartment that Juno had told him would most likely hold some sort of clothing for him to change into. Rummaging around for a few moments, Quill quickly came across various outfits, his face twisting in slightly annoyance as a grimace came across his face. "There is... nothing in my size, or gender..." Slamming the clothing down, Juno would have heard the annoyed and very exasperated groan from Quill as he continued to dig around the hold, until finally he gave up, now moving down the small hallway and into a crew quarter. It was small, and whoever had previously owned this ship... had, well... more in common it seemed with his new partner than he did. The clothing was vibrant gold, mixed with whites and blacks, it definitely in his opinion screamed 'hoodlum'... but, maybe there was a certain advantage to it... it would help him blend in, that much was for sure. Letting out a sight of slight defeat, Quill dropped the tarp and began to dress up with the clothing. Looking in the mirror, Quill let out his hair just slightly and messily put it up as he grunted. Grabbing the bag he found and slinging it over his shoulders and the pair of what he assumed was ear protection ( when in reality it was for leisure, unbeknownst to him ). Sighing once more, he spoke. "Well... i guess this is as good it as gets..."

Walking out of the corridor and into the cockpit once again, it became silent as he could hear almost the slew of jokes that Juno may or may not have wanted to say on his entire outfit. "Dont... say.... a word...." Quill spoke through slightly gritted teeth. Granted the new clothing was extremely comfortable... which, he'd never in a million years admit to the girl, it definitely was not his color scheme... but somehow, it seemed to come together regardless for him.

As the ship came to a landing, Quill followed behind Juno as they entered the store backdoor, and his eyes opened just slightly at the sheer and vast amount of weapons they had walked in on... no wonder it seemed like she had a limitless supply of arsenals. As the two spoke shop Quill began to browse around, his fight with Juno and the pursuers had left him with no weapons... and his battling style had been outclassed by a fighter superior to him... he had to reinvent himself... there was no other question to it. Stopping at a set of gauntlets, Quill's head turned to the side slightly as the Basiliskin addressed him, chuckling. "Ahh, you like-a the gloves? Crushgaunts the Mando'as call them.... able to stop a light blade in its tracks...ehh..." Quill began to slip them on as he began to look at them in the light. Gripping over and over, and tuning the man's instructions and warnings out, Quill reached for the counter and gripped as his hand went straight through the wood, his face flushing and looking immediately over at the scowling Basiliskin and in Juno's direction. "Um... I'll take them?...." Chuckling awkwardly and looking at Juno, trying to play it off, all the while the alien barking at him. "And compensation for my counter eh?....", Quill now walking causally back towards another display of knives and throwing weapons as he came across a folding double bladed sphere... something about it seemed right and looking over at Juno, Quill hollered. "I'll take these three too if I can." Walking back up towards where Juno had been, Quill set down an under-weave vest, similar to the one he'd seen her wear, and then pointed to one of the older and more run down sabers. "I'll take that as well." Leaning against the counter, Quill gave Juno side eye. "So... your, uh... covered for all of this right? Its not like wolves have pockets for money you know..." A smirk curled and formed on his lips as he spoke.

J u n o
u2gJVx.jpg
Gear:
The retreat to find an outfit was an interesting one, he left for a while before coming back with his complaint. Wrapped in his tarp she would look at the sad puppy for a moment, a smile stretching her face as the words, 'awwh, poor baby' came to mind. But as he would meander into the crew cabins finding bits and pieces of outfits he'd exit with somewhat of a hodge podge of outfits. However, with their loose look and at least the color coordination Juno, in agreement with him would stand silently and kneel in front of him, pulling her light disc from its sheath as well as a series of pins that kept her hair together.

Grabbing a couple of parts of the material, tapering the pants at the ankles and working her way up, she would cut with the discs and alter with the pins with a level of expert care that came with the kind of person who had to alter outfits on the fly more than a couple of times. Occasionally she would push and drag Quill around instructing him to move, but the end result was something almost Samurai esque, it reminded her of Echani clothing in a sense. With a more street-wise look. On top of that, as a Jedi he would need ease of movement and for the hanging cloth not to get in the way. With some of the cut off strips she would be able to loop around sleeves or waists and tie what needed to be tied. But in the end she was happy with it.

"There, not a bad choice. Well done." And not another word was said.

But when it came to purchasing she would look at the Gauntlets that the kid had chosen, almost as expensive as a light-saber, but the doubled as armour. "Just so you know those are banned in most civilized systems, they attract about as much attention as a disruptor, but thankfully they look more like armour than anything else." She'd add on, but if he was still keen to buy them she would nod, the armour and the other pieces of equipment were fine too... though the bill was racking up high enough that they would be able to purchase a small star-ship. Once it was all laid out before them, 25k for the gaunts, a couple grand for the knives and comets a few hundred for the armour and some other bits and pieces. Juno would look up to the sabers.

Quill busted the guys table, to his dismay, but Juno would laugh at the accident. while pointing to the smaller blade.

"Ah, it happens every other week, he's insured. Hey, Throw in the small one, bulk deal, I'll take it for 50k." The Seller all but spat out his drink.

"Juno dear, I love you, you are good customer, but I have business here. This saber came from Batuu Temple. Is not hot, and hard to find are these Kyber weapons you know. Sabers go for 80 thousand c, you know this" He would reason, and Juno would lean back on her heel.

"Its a short blade Saber, Long blades are worth 80k, shotos are less than half that, I'll do 60 and not a credit more. And you love me because you know I can spot the difference, you nerf herder." The man laughed at the idea of not being able to pull one over on her and they bonded a little. Juno would hand the weapon to Quill as well as his other equipment.

"I get wanting to refit, but never forget your fundamentals. Don't let that temple training go to waste, ay?" She'd mutter to Quill before handing over a black card, it would run through the register for almost a hundred thousand credits. Accept, and Juno would collect their assorted goods with some complimentary belts and holsters. Refitting all of her weapons before looking to Quill to see if he needed a hand with anything.

"In the mean time, come with me. Lets see if you know enough C-Q-C to be able to use those gaunts. If you're gonna be hanging with me we're gonna have to see what you can do. Hey boss~" She'd shout to their four armed host. "We're going to the range for a bit, give us an hour?" The owner would hand back Junos' card which she would promptly break in half as a hatch would open leading towards a basement. An empty firing range, a couple dummies and some thick duracrete walls marked with dents and shots more than a little patchwork to fill the holes.

Quill nodded as Juno simply handed over all the items they had just purchased. He paused for a minute as he stood there rather blankly staring at Juno, maybe... maybe he'd been wrong all along about her -- this Juno was, the total bi-polar opposite of the woman who'd been poking at him and whom he'd fought and seen on the holo-vids. In his mind he knew he came off rather strong, that was a rather frequent complaint at the Order... and she'd also been right, straight out of the gate Quill was already itching for a fight when he came upon her, he was responsible for everything. The damage, the deaths, and maybe now even their shared predicament. Whoever was chasing them had a whole different agenda than Juno, it was an extreme opposite in tactics... she was right. Her fighting style maximized damage, but negated any unnecessary death -- feth, it avoided that option completely.

Putting all of the equipment onto the counter, Quill removed his jacket and shirt, now slipping the armor-weave on over his skin as he put his clothing back on. Using one of the belts that they were given, he managed to modify it and slip all three of the throwing discs into the holster, securely clipping them in place. Grabbing the saber, and inspecting it, his eyebrow rose slightly. The saber was in immediate need of maintenance, but thanks to his training he'd field stripped many sabers... he was confident he'd get this one up to par. Slipping the saber into the back of his waist and hiding it under the backside of his jacket, Quill nodded as Juno remarked on his training. She was right, he needn't forget his training, but once again, the young woman had already taught Quill a large lesson in his own tactics, and humbled him back in the fight.

As the two would enter into the range, Quill looked around and then returned to Juno, the young man scratching the backside of his head as he tilted it to the side just slightly. "I won't lie, maybe I came off a bit strong. I also may have had you pegged a bit wrong." He stood there for a short minute, his arms crossed just slightly at the attempt he'd made at his apology to Juno. He went to open his mouth to speak, then closed it, but then did the same action again." I'm--...." He paused, his face flushing slightly again, almost as if in some kind of strained manner, but then he spoke, a sight of relief moving over his body as he did so. "I'm sorry." Pausing once again in the awkward silence, he walked away just slightly, adjusting his stance as he looked back towards Juno, shifting the dynamics of the conversation back to what they'd originally come here for. "Now... answering your question from earlier, I'm alright when it comes to C-Q-C, but my strengths lie in my ability to combust materials, cryokinesis and the ability to distort and amplify sound frequencies and harmonics."

Last edited:

J u n o
u2gJVx.jpg
Gear:

Juno blinked, "H-huh? What for?" Juno had listened to the apology, but it was difficult for her to take it all in, the mind of the Humanoid was so present minded the thoughts of arguments that occurred last year, last month, last week yesterday or even a few hours ago may as well be synonymous with one another. As long as the ripples of the event lay behind her, they may as well have been shipped across distant seas. The earnestness in her comment muddled with genuine confusion for a moment before she simply shook it off and moved on with the matter at hand.

"Over-reliance on the force will get you killed, synthetic yorric coral and other force dead items are being produced en masse in this era. I've found that in order to survive you need to be a warrior first, and a magician second. Cover your bases and your foundation, then find your niche and push it to its absolute extreme." Juno would begin to stretch, pulling out two of her new knives and turning their pilot arcs on, effectively electrifying the blade. Without the oscillation it would be little more than a stun knife as opposed to a force blade. But a hit with the blades would do more than hurt.

"Dodge." Juno would take a single step before leaping, her electrified trench-knives covered her hands like brass knuckles as she would hop, throwing out a blow directly towards the face of the former Padiwan. Juno was coming at the kid hard and fast with the intention of training his instincts. The flurry of blows in such an extreme close range that would follow would aim for normally lethal locations. Under the arms the inside of the thighs, his neck.

The last portion of her combo would see her attempting to stomp on his foot and pin it, preventing him from retreating as she threw one final blow, plunging an attack in an ice-pick grip for his heart.

Quill listened intently to the young woman as she spoke well, years of wisdom. She was right, Quill was strong in the Force -- but what he lacked was unlimited firepower as opposed to someone with armaments... both would run out eventually, one faster than the other. Stretching out his muscles with Juno, Quill allowed his mind to drift in thought for a few moments as he stood up, only to be brought back to reality abruptly.

"Dodge"

Seeing the fist coming straight at him, his eyes widened as he barely managed to block with his left hand, but the onslaught in which Juno began to press into him was overwhelming. Dodging every blow successfully, and literally flying by the seat of his pants, Quill was in mind back step when Juno's foot would painfully pin Quill in place, his eyes widening once again as he began to teeter off balance, the knife coming straight at his chest, she was aiming for a kill shot. Trusting what he already knew of the crushgaunts, Quills hands shot upwards, clapping together onto the blade as he strained, lifting the blade upwards and towards the left, they had worked, rather impressively he thought. His turn.

Eyes narrowing Quill would shift his grip, keeping his left hand upwards as his right hand would come down, slapping Juno's right hand away -- both of his hands coming outwards now and shoving inwards, as Quill would back flip, using the short distance between the two to allow both of his legs to attempt to back kick Juno in her chin as he would land back just just a few feet, his right hand pulling out the large trench knife Juno had given to him back in the shop.

J u n o
u2gJVx.jpg
Gear:

Quick! But not quick enough, Juno's contact with the back of his hand with her knife showered sparks out in every direction. After the first hit ground across the edge of the crush-gaunt the boy managed to fall in-step, until she caught his foot. The blade descended from the heavens with wrath rivaling the divine. The moment his gauntlet moved to intercept it her hand would slip down to have her extended fingers pointing against his chest.

Without a single moment of hesitation, she'd drive her fingers into the sternum of her opponent. A blow that if performed against a person live would depress their lungs and at least wind them if not fracture the bone. The armoured vest he'd purchased would save him, but it was still enough force a creature of his size and weight backward a couple of steps. Had she remained on his foot, he'd likely drop, the hyperextension of the ligament would tear his extensor longus muscles and retinaculum if he was unluckly.

A person who can't stand, can't fight.

Juno would step off his foot before he staggered back too far as she would push the offensive. Throwing one of her daggers down for his other foot blade-first to draw his attention for a fraction of a second in the wrong direction. Filling the gap she would twist her upper body as she took a step, planting her foot and spinning in order to unleash a lightning quick Tornado Kick in an effort to overpower his center of gravity with the sheer momentum of the hit.

Regardless of how he took or blocked that coming attack, Juno would back off. "When Jedi teach you to fight you perform orchestrated moves based on opportunities that present itself. Like a limitless flow chart that acts and reacts. Where mastery, is committing those charts to memory well enough it becomes muscle memory. Which, once you get to that final stage, is formidable. Sure." Juno would pause for a moment gauging if Quill was ok, "The problem with that however, is against an opponent who's not trained in the same way as you, it becomes difficult to fight them. That muscle memory then becomes worthless, as you can't possibly account for every scenario." She ended, Pulling out one of her spheres. The very kind that she had thrown a couple of at Quil while she was on the run from him.

Turning it on, she would spin it on the end of one of her fingers like a ball. Before finally taking her hand away as the mechanisms would leave it spinning in the air like a globe. "In these moments, Jedi improvise, the force guides you guiding your hand. But, maintaining that state of mind is hard, and distractions or concussions are frequent. But, the fact is, in that moment the force isn't getting you to do anything that you can't already do. Improvisation, is a skill you can train. Just like anything else. Reaction time, reflex, alertness are all things you can do without the force."

Juno would tap the ball, sending it spinning into one of the walls as it would begin to bounce chaotically around the room. As for a couple of moments Juno would stand in place as it came for her over and over again. Not a blaster, something that could be blocked with a wave of a plasmic blade. But a steel cannonball which never lost inertia as it bounced, curving in for her as if she were the center of its gravity over and over again. Like she were dodging a yoyo.

Juno would twist, spin, duck, slide and swerve to avoid the ball at the last moment each and every time, like a shadow-boxer evading phantom blows until she finally held out her hand to catch the orb in the magnetic glove which called it to her.

"This is how Im going to teach you to fight. Ten minutes of training with the ball, three times every day until we move you up to two. No force powers. Savvy?"

Her eyes trained on him, looking for the slightest hesitation. There was an inviting intensity about them, like someone daring a friend or acquaintance to accept the challenge. The spark in her eye and the smirk on her face. It was as if she were saying 'unless you don't feel you're up to it, id understand if you backed out now' without ever saying a word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom