Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Can We Split It?

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Besberra had always been a thorn in the side of the Sith Order, the criminal underground of the world having run deep even after their borders enclosed around it. Without the guidance of the Hutts and the distraction of various internal struggles within the Sith Order itself, the black market and other such illicit business of Besberra had exploded in popularity as one of the major crime dens in Sith space. Gangs and other organizations were no longer under the heel of the Hutts and were more than happy to bribe and pick some expenses items from the various convoys that crossed between Sith worlds.

War winnings, taxes and tithes, and even archaeological finds would all be subject to their purchases and smuggling. However, one such black market gang had picked the wrong target to swipe this time.

A holocron, ancient and damaged but still salvageable with the right tools and expertise, had gone missing from a convoy that stopped to refuel at Besberra and it didn't take long for its absence to be noticed. Thankfully for the flustered governor of the troublesome world, the Inquisition was more than happy to get involved and recover the lost artifact. Some informants and a few captured gangsters had left a trail that led right to a seemingly abandoned warehouse complex in one of the many industrial districts that helped to compose the capital city.

Alisteri could spot the arena in the far distance, where he had once fought while Besberra was annexed into the waiting arms of the Sith, but his gaze was quick to return to the warehouse complex that the informants had directed him to. The governor and Inquisition had offered to set up a proper raid for the relic but Alisteri had declined it, seeing no need for such a grand affair just to deal with some ambitious gangsters. According to their sources the gang had even been brazen enough to advertise their ill-gotten gain in an attempt to sell it to the highest bidder without a proper auction being arranged.

Such foolishness demanded a more personal touch. The masked man crossed the street to reach one of the entrances, idly running his hand over the door's console in an attempt to open it. Despite the building seeming to be decrepit and abandoned, the console flashed to life and denied him access with a small noise. "Well, that confirms it then." Without further ado he pulled his lightsaber from his belt and ignited the red blade, ready to carve open his own door to the warehouse.

Hild Valor Hild Valor

Besberra
Appearance: Outfit , Cape
TAG: Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

dsoQqRPowBGG.png

Someone from the criminal world is usually full of connections, survival skills, or both. That's a very basic thing to have if they wish to survive for long enough to make a good profit. No friends, but plenty of contacts. No peace, but plenty of profit. Maybe a few bribes to the local security teams.

But Hild lives on constantly moving around, so making good alliances is hard. Sometimes she gets stabbed in the butt by a malfunctioning vibroblade held by a drunk, blind Gran. Not literally, of course. Metaphorically. Because being such a lone wolf means she, sometimes, gets the short end of the stick and ends up being forced to work for very very very cheap for a greedy local gang to save herself from the things they will do if she's not working for them.

You know, business as usual. Join us and not our enemies and you live. But sadly for them, the coward Hild is no more. This might be her golden chance to take the first steps into being a New Hild and really throw a hydrospanner in the gang's works. Like a Sith. Stealthy, secretive, like a spy.

So there she goes. Travel cape covering her figure, standing far above most of the crowd's height. She will work with them for a while and sabotage their works so they suffer and die, slowly. And then she'll take their valuable things, including the artifact they claim to have. It might be useful for her. Sounds like a good plan-

... What in the Hutt is that.

Is that a Sith with a lightsaber about to break into the gang's base? Hild quickly ducks behind a wall. Hiding in plain sight is not exactly her thing, she's good at dodging evaders but less so at being unnoticed.
"Oh joy..." Time to throw the original plan out of the window. She pats her pockets, feeling the blaster, the lightsaber and her kit in her pockets. Vambraces are there. Good. Good, good, good.

If the gang just happens to die this day, she can just return to work like nothing happened at some other location. Maybe even boost her own local fame after this.

She moves forward with her hands up. It is easy to make noise and be noticed. She'd never sneak someone with a lightsaber from behind a second time, the first time was painful enough. No, this time she's doing her best to be noticed. Her 7'2'' tall self stands there and speaks.
"I can help you break in."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The blade of the lightsaber was plunged into the door and quickly began melting through it, the thick metal proving to be a nuisance. It would take time to get through, but he could indeed get through. Unfortunately it seemed in his haste that he had missed someone approaching, the sound of footsteps reaching his ears and causing his gaze to snap to the source of the sound as he quickly pulled his lightsaber back from the door. Alisteri had to look up slightly to see her face and he idly wondered how he had missed her approach.

He'd need to have a glance at his mask later and make sure that it wasn't obscuring his hearing again. The offer of help made him pause, even as he held his weapon at the ready in case of attack. "Move along...citizen?" She certainly appeared to be more than a simple civilian. "This is official Sith business, better that you're not involved."

Alisteri wouldn't return to trying to melt his way through the door however, not when he had a potential threat before his very eyes. Hopefully she would get the message and move off, he'd rather not have an audience to him slowly trying to get inside of the warehouse. It would just be embarrassing. "Just go about your normal duties and ignore any potential screaming or blaster fire that may or may not come from this building soon."

Hild Valor Hild Valor

Besberra

dsoQqRPowBGG.png

Is obviously used to the whole 'need to look up to see you' scenes. She's... big, yeah. And this situation might have been funny if not for the glowing lightsaber of death in sight. Those ... are tricky. She has seen, dealt and received lightsaber wounds. And those hurt.

"I wish I was not involved, but...!" She keeps her hands up, just in case. It's best if this Sith is not given reasons to attack. And it's even better if she's not seen talking to him. One witness is all it takes to start gossip and then she'll be connected to the Sith and... No, wait. That might be a good thing.

It all depends how things turn out here.

She points to the warehouse.
"I have business with them too. So I can either hide back there and wait for you to beat them up, or I can help you do it faster." If she's helping, or at least tagging along, there's a big chance she can get some profit casually lying around while the Sith is ending everyone. "Look." She opens her travel cape to one side, revealing a blaster on a holster. But she is not reaching for it. "I can take care of myself in there. And I can throw a punch." Plus, she has her own lightsaber hidden in one of her pockets. Like the blaster, it is a simple weapon. Pure utility, no customizations.

There is also the tiny little small detail that having (another) Sith with her to do the heavy lifting and take the blame is the absolute best option to get even with this gang, make a profit (hopefully) and then get out of this city. Or planet. Whichever seems safer after this.
"So... temporary alliance, boss?"

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri tilted his head slightly at her remark. "Hm." Perhaps she owed them money or something? Or was a member in some form? Having quicker access under the guise of a visitor would be beneficial, and would save him the trouble of cutting through their door if nothing else. He clicked his tongue as he considered her proposal for a few moments.

In truth he'd rather not have to deal with someone tagging along, especially someone that could and potentially would shoot him in the back just as much as any of the gangsters. At the same time though any knowledge of defenses and the defenders themselves was always an asset to have. He had no idea what or who would be waiting inside to defend their stolen artifact. After a moment of deliberation he sighed and reluctantly lowered his lightsaber for the time-being.

"As long as you prove yourself useful then fine, just don't get yourself shot or trapped while we're in there." He turned back to the door but then paused before quickly adding another remark. "And don't call me 'boss' again please." It just didn't sound all that professional. "Now do you have any sort of code or other way inside then? I'd rather not stand here cutting into their door for another twenty minutes if I can avoid it."

Hild Valor Hild Valor

Besberra

dsoQqRPowBGG.png

Does her best to not breathe out in relief. Oh, good. It is working. Her improvised plan is working. If she can keep herself from being detected as a dark sider, this will go smoothly.

Provided she can avoid the wrath of her new partner, of course. She's not dumb. A Sith shows up when the gang claims to have a Sith artifact, the same thing Hild wants to profit? That... is going to be one hard scam to pull.

And she's bad with scams. Well, doing them. She's a pro at being a target. "
Well. I'm not part of the gang but they want to hire me for a job. Without proper pay, that is." She moves closer to the man and the damaged door. "My plan was to somehow go in and... uh... politely teach them that slave work is bad, through healthy and educational violence. But with you being here, things will be much simpler." She raises a hand. "This is a new base so I don't think they have cameras outside, or we'd be under attack by now. Get ready." And punches the door, hard, several times. "Hey, you flarking bastards! Open up! Your door locked on me!" She yells and slams on the door again.

"Are you crazy? Do you have a death wish?" An angry voice shouts from inside. The sound of steps approaching the door. Hild does her best to block most of the door and keep the Sith undetected, just in case there's a way for the Angry One to look outside.

"So what if am I? You want my services, you better obey!" This is the sort of thing Hild would never do in her line of work. That'd be suicide to speak like that to a dangerous client. She's good, sure, but not irreplaceable. No one is truly irreplaceable. She can almost taste the anger coming from the other side of the door. The sounds of the door unlocking are heard.

"I'll teach you a lesson...!"

Hild quickly moves to the side, surprisingly fast for someone with her build. She points to the Sith, then to the door. It will open any second now and the gangster, a Rodian wielding a vibro-blade with a mindset of intimidating Hild, will soon be visible. And then they'll be in. The gang is probably small in numbers. She's not sure exactly how many, but... yeah. Probably small.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"A bunch of common thugs being cheap? Well that's not surprising." Alisteri stepped back to allow his apparent ally full access to the door. "You know, I'm not exactly a gun for hire or anything like that, but something tells me that intimidating your clientele into paying you may not be the best business strategy." He noted before she began knocking. Admittedly that tactic probably did work more often than he gave it credit for, but that was neither here nor there.

The masked man leaned against the wall as he watched the exchange between the tall woman and some gangster within the building, finding it slightly amusing given the circumstances. A small part of him almost pitied the unaware gang member. Almost. As she stepped back and gestured for him to take the lead he didn't hesitate to stand before the door, rolling his shoulders as it was opened.

Before the Rodian could react to the Sith beyond the door, Alisteri had grabbed hold of the wrist that held the vibro-blade in a crushing grip. The subsequent cry of pain from the gangster was cut off by a swift kick that threw him back into the warehouse, his now detached arm still in the Sith's grasp. "Attention all criminals, gangsters, and other vagabonds to whom it may concern," He dropped the limb and strode into the warehouse, holding his lightsaber at the ready to defend against the inhabitants whenever they came his way.

"By my authority as a member of the Sith Order's Inquisition, and in response to your crimes of sacrilege and banditry, I sentence every last one of you to death. Your cooperation shall be rewarded with a swift and painless execution." Oddly enough his declaration and threat never seemed to have the effect of cowing his foes like he intended. If anything it made them fight harder, not that it was ever a problem of course. It made the mundane recovery job more exciting that way.

Hild Valor Hild Valor

Besberra

dsoQqRPowBGG.png

Oh yeah, it's all coming together. A plan.

This might be one of the few days when everything goes well for Hild, with a side of profit. Those are rare, almost mythical. Making a stand for herself was the right thing to do.

If only she had done it sooner to other aspects of her life. Maybe she wouldn't even be here, leaning against a wall and waiting for the Sith to storm in first and

" "Attention all criminals, gangsters, and other vagabonds to whom it may concern, By my authority as a member of the Sith Order's Inquisition, and in response to your crimes of sacrilege and banditry, I sentence every last one of you to death. Your cooperation shall be rewarded with a swift and painless execution."

...Ah. That is worrying. But surely he means all criminals, except for Hild. Surely, yes?

Possibly. She ponders for a brief second while the warehouse is filled with noise and movement. Either the gang was not as numerous as they claimed, and they were all biting with no bite, or the rest of them are elsewhere. Those few ones are currently going to 'We need to kill whoever is making this mess and breaking in' to 'Is that a Sith?'. Whichever is the case, Hild is satisfied for having such a convenient gossip-shield. Whatever happens, the blame and the fame can be shifted to the Sith.

Still, she needs to work too. She grabs her blaster, an extremely common and used thing. But even common blasters can still hit take people down with a well-placed shot. Fewer chances of someone trying to steal it too. Hild leans to the side to bring her head and an arm out of cover. She shoots while they are still recovering from the shock of seeing the Bossith. Whatever his name is.

Two blaster shots miss and hit a wall. The third hits a human's chest and he goes out with a scream.

She... really should practice with a blaster more often. But anyway, the battle is on. Now Hild just needs to wait for the worst of the fight, move in, get the thing unnoticed and then get out. What are the odds she'll see this one Sith again some other day?

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Equipment: Lightsaber, Sword, Dagger, Armor
Tag; Hild Valor Hild Valor

----------------------------------------------------

The moment that the gangsters began rushing to see the source of the disturbance Alisteri dropped his calm and judicial demeanor. In came the executioner instead. With a sudden burst of speed he rushed forward as the initial shots began to ring out, some heading towards him and others starting to notice that he was not alone.

The first gangster before him peeked from around one of the warehouse shelves and fired off a bolt as the Sith drew too close for him to miss, however a quick flick of his wrist and his lightsaber deflected the bolt back at the shooter and made him stumble back from the sudden shot before Alisteri ran him through with his red blade. His free hand quickly drew his sword from his other hip to block another shot coming from his flank as he pulled his lightsaber from the body.

Wasting no time he leapt to the side after the second shooter, bringing down both of his blades to sever the blaster and one of the arms from the gangster before a quick slash removed their head as well. "Is this the best that you can manage? Some paltry brigands with a grand prize? Disgraceful." At least this recovery mission would be a quick one he supposed, even it was proving to be rather dull thus far.

He glanced over at his temporary ally as she gunned down another that had rushed to the defense too quick for his own good, raising an eyebrow at the blaster marks around the body that implied missed shots. "Remind me to stay on the other side of the warehouse the next time that you start firing. Now come, there is yet more that must fall."

Besberra

dsoQqRPowBGG.png

The enemies are dropping fast. Faster than Hild has ever done, to be honest. The whole concept of being a good spy and assassin was hammered into her, and only years later she took the initiative to learn more. Mostly to memorize useful things to add to her skill set.

Despite being big, she's actually good at hiding and moving undetected. To look for cameras is almost a second nature. So all she needs to do is to somehow perform a quick and discrete search around for an artifact, hope to find it, lie through her teeth and then walk outside praying the Sith is not there for the Sith artifact as well.

She can try and fight him, sure, but an enemy with a lightsaber, and skill at using it, is... hard. She'd win a fistfight, though. Definitely. But with lightsabers? No, think, think, think.

"I will let you know they are not trying to 'hire' me for my abilities with a blaster, but because I make quality products." The blaster helps on dangerous neighborhoods, when her few contacts and products do not earn her some peace. Her so-called network of contacts is small because of her own cowardly past, but she's working on it. Or she will be working on it as soon as she gets out of this place, hopefully much richer and still in one piece.

Hild moves ahead with her blaster up, keeping her back to the walls and her eyes searching for cameras. Or traps.
"So... What's brings you here? Did they cross you?" Just ask that as casually as possible, there you go. The complex is large enough and the enemies seemingly few enough they might just bunker up ahead and wait. Hild might be able to check for presences with the Force, but she's not risking being discovered. That's how it works, right? You sense and get sensed automatically? Probably.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

"Quality products hm?" That could mean anything from stimulants and drugs to weaponry in his mind, although one would have to balance out such possibilities with the reality of what a gang like this would hire her for. It certainly narrowed down the field a bit, but not enough to discern what it was that she was actually doing or meant to be doing here. "Well it seems as though you'll need to diversify your consumer base after this then."

It was very hard to sell things to corpses after all.

Alisteri moved forward without much delay or haste, keeping an even and measured pace as he advanced through the warehouse and watched for any signs of movement or activity that didn't belong to the two of them. If these gangsters were smart then they had some sort of escape plan in place that he would have to unravel. Given what they had stolen and intended to sell though, that may be giving them a bit too much credit.

The question didn't make him pause but it did cause his masked gaze to flicker over to his ally once more. Now why would she be wanting to know that? "These vagabonds stole something that rightfully belongs to the Sith. Their various other assorted crimes are enough to warrant this raid alone, but their theft means that only execution can bring justice to them." Better to not inform another potential criminal of such a rare and valuable prize as the Sith artifact that he was here to reclaim.

He'd hate to have to kill her after this. "I do hope that they have some credits to compensate you with though, feel free to loot from their bodies as you please. I have no use for anything but their prize." While he very much could pay her for her assistance, there was no sense in denying her the rightful payment that these gangsters had failed to produce to her in the first place.

dsoQqRPowBGG.png

"IDs. Identichips. Documents in general, I can show you a few samples after we get out of this." The businesswoman in her almost takes over. She's really really good at this job, and she's proud of it. Not to brag or anything, but totally bragging about it, she can get people into high security zones with 90% certainty.

The remaining 10% are general issues, ranging from surprise security inspections, clients doing something stupid, or... well, trying to threaten her into working for free and under bad conditions. Things happen, you know? It's not everyday she gets to team-up with a Sith due to their shared interests aligning against a common enemy, but she always finds a way to not be the underdog for too long.

Such is the life of a survivalist.

"These vagabonds stole something that rightfully belongs to the Sith. Their various other assorted crimes are enough to warrant this raid alone, but their theft means that only execution can bring justice to them."

... So that means Hild needs to steal it from the original thieves, let said thieves take the punishment and then somehow escape with no punishment a Sith relic in her pockets. Somehow. Maybe throwing sand in the eyes of the Sith before he...

. "I do hope that they have some credits to compensate you with though, feel free to loot from their bodies as you please. I have no use for anything but their prize."

"Deal." Teamwork is truly a beautiful thing. Her mind takes a complete 180 turn and her objectives are updated.

Surely a full warehouse and its owners will give her a much better profit anyway. She checks her blaster, considering for a brief moment if she should reveal herself as... whatever she is. Not a Sith properly. Not exactly an acolyte either, she thinks... Intern of darkness...?

Thoughts for another time. She's motivated to earn her keep. She senses something ahead. Hild raises a hand to stop the Sith and points ahead of her. A half open door leads to the next warehouse. It looks to be just a normal door like any other, and yet she can't help but feel the danger coming from the other side. Somehow she knows there are seven individuals up ahead, all of them with intentions to end the threat to their base.

"I... I think we should be careful up ahead, do you have grenades? I can move in after you and we take them out." With the promise of payment she sure is motivated to work harder.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

That sounded like a rather useful service indeed. Perhaps he could get some sort of contact established with her after this little mess was sorted out, he was always in need of more infiltration methods. A career in assisting Inquisition and Tsis'Kaar forces was always an option as well, although working for the Sith Order itself wasn't for everyone. He'd have to mention the idea to her later.

Alisteri paused as she raised her hand, fixing her with a curious glance from the corner of his eye as he spotted the warehouse's oddly opened door. That certainly wasn't suspicious. Her remark drew an amused chuckle from the masked man as he reached out with his senses to try and feel for what may lie beyond the door. A handful of people it seemed, and all with murderous intent. What caught his attention most however was the brief sense of her presence as he had reached out, just a brush through the Force and yet he felt something he hadn't been expecting.

Something that warranted further investigation. After they had cleared the warehouses of course.

"Grenades? No, but I have something far better." He pulled back from the door and left her alone for but a moment, soon returning with the body of one of the bodies of the fallen gangsters. "The blessing of the Force, and ingenuity." Alisteri stopped short of the door and reared back, launching the body through it to force it open. The body was quickly riddled with blaster fire from the warehouse beyond and the Sith was quick to move in before the defenders realized that they were already shooting a dead man.

He dashed forward through the door an leapt into the air, the seven criminals having taken up defensive positions behind some cover made from pushed over shelves and spare cargo crates. A few of them were quick enough to raise their weapons before Alisteri had landed on the farthest one from the door, knocking him down and slicing open his throat as he raised his lightsaber to block the hasty and surprised fire from the remaining six.

dsoQqRPowBGG.png

Much like athletes and fighters relying on muscle memory to move, it takes Hild a second to think logically and understand how, exactly, she was able to sense the danger and the enemies ahead. Her power. The Force. She really should learn how to shut that off temporarily. Just so she can master when and how to use it.

Random feelings and thoughts because this invisible universal power chooses to gossip things to her is equally useful and weird, with a few tiny bits of creepy.

"What's better than grena-" The question is interrupted when the Sith leaves. Hild panics for a moment, thinking if she was left alone to fend off the enemies up ahead. But he's back. With a body. Maybe the plan is to loot the bodies for weapons, or detonate the power packs in their blasters.

The blessing of the Force, and ingenuity.

That... is very good, yes. The body is hit like a target at a shooting practice, and then Hild's new best friend charges. She pauses just for a second to stare at her hands and wonder if she should reveal herself, maybe ask for a few lessons. Proper lessons, torture and prison cells not included. Maybe.

The sound of combat wakes her up. She charges ahead, to use the ajar door for cover and shoot at some of the enemies. Her aim is much better now. Probably because she's more focused on the fight and less on hiding herself to escape later. She hits one enemy closest to the Sith, and then when she hears her name being cursed by another, she shoots in that direction. Two hits is not bad. For her.
"Should have offered me a proper pay you Huttspawns!" She opens fire at the rest. None hit, but at least that's some decent covering fire.

Her free hand is itching to reach for the lightsaber and bring about some vengeance.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

Two more of the gangsters were cut down by the timely arrival of his ally, the remaining four scattering for new cover from the blaster fire and the Sith's blades alike. "Should have never stolen what belongs to the Sith!" Alisteri couldn't help but join in on the banter, even as he to duck under one of the shelves as blaster fire wildly sprayed in his direction.

The masked man, in a display rather impressive for one clad in armor, slid under the nearest shelf and slammed into one of the gangsters as they tried to run by. The criminal was thrown back into another shelf only to be quickly run through by Alisteri's lightsaber before he had the chance to raise his blaster in defense. As the gangster slumped down the remaining began to fall back much like their comrade had attempted to do, shooting behind them to try and delay their attackers as they moved.

Some threw down shelves or pushed cargo containers over to take up the paths that they had taken as well, all in an attempt to rush away before they could be caught by the Sith or gunned down by their unpaid associate. "Look how they scurry away like the vermin they are. How pathetic."

The Sith's tone implied both boredom and disgust as if the criminals were indeed mere pests in his eyes. Perhaps they were, for thus far they had failed to show competence aside from one half-baked ambush. They must have bribed for or swiped the holocron as they clearly didn't fight for it. The gangsters by now had pulled back to the rear of the warehouse and arranged more makeshift barricades around what appeared to be their little barracks of sorts.

"Are they actually trying to hold the line? Curious."

dsoQqRPowBGG.png

She's technically safe from the 'stealing from the Sith' accusation because she never really did it. Planning is one thing, doing is another. And also because she IS a Sith. Even if an odd one, far away from their growing civilization.

And she feels like that should change. Running around in fear only got her in trouble after trouble. Maybe it is time to grab the Wookie by the nose and bring a knee to its throat.

Metaphorically speaking. Of course.

Hild aims and fires in quick succession. Despite her newfound determination, half of her focus is on the masked Sith. Watching how he moves, how he fights. There are similarities to her own fighting style, and then there's much more she was never taught.
"I am... pissed with the discovery I was threatened by a wannabe-group trying to be the local leaders." She moves between the crates to take a glance at the improvised barricade up ahead. And she shoots some of the bodies on her way, just to make sure they are down.

"They should be running away by now. But if they are fighting, they are either stupid or greedy." Hild points at the barricade. "I bet their most valuables are behind there with them. So..." She looks around at the bodies. "Throw more grenades at the barricade to break it down?" That REALLY is a good strategy she will definitely try one day. If she survives this day, that is. Their little adventure is coming to an end - probably- and she hopes this will not be one of the double-crossing situations where her partner tries to get rid of her.

There's no honor among criminals.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

The Sith seemed to pay no mind to the fallen bodies as his ally did, far too focused on the ones still moving around. "As you should be, and vengeance is yours to take as a result." If he had gotten swindled or threatened by a little gang like this then his wrath would certainly be overflowing at least. They were already insulting enough with their meager criminal existence, let alone trying to be more than they are. They had reached too high and now it was time to send the last of them crashing down.

Alisteri regarded the barricade as his accomplice spoke, idly scanning along the makeshift defense to see if he could spot any obvious weaknesses or avenues of attack. There were a couple given how hastily the barricade had been thrown together, but none that would be easy to exploit with their enemies fully aware of their presence.

A direct assault was never impossible of course but it was far from his preferred maneuver.

"I still don't have any grenades, and lobbing more bodies at them may not work any better than just shooting them." He chose not to mention how he doubted her accuracy for the moment. "We'll need something a bit more...abstract." The masked man's gaze turned to his ally as he spoke, his head cocking to the side slightly. "How quick would it be for you to prep one of these blasters to overload and detonate?"

dsoQqRPowBGG.png

To not be denied vengeance is always a good thing. It is a wonderful thing. That is how good alliances are made, to join in vengeance and friendly carnage. If you know what someone truly wants, then you are one step closer to knowing that person.

If Hild still followed the old plan to break in alone, steal and leave, then maybe one of the enemies would survive. Just to be questioned how exactly they managed to keep this complicated web of lies and pretend to be strong. But she is not following that plan anymore, nor she is alone. So they will die.

"What, no, I meant sarcastically, saying 'grenades' but meaning bodi-Nevermind I'll just... work here. On my favorite blaster. I've had it for a few days." She follows along with the man's plan. This is not her only weapon, but the lightsaber is hidden for now and she is not sure if she wants it to be revealed. Maybe yes. Maybe.

Hild grabs a blaster from one of the bodies in the area. It seems to be slightly better than her own common model.
"Give me... a minute. Watch my back" She's not good with explosives or sabotaging batteries. She's not 'good' at many things, to be honest..She simply remembers the step-by-step to several things and then and follows along, but that's not real knowledge. That's just having a very good memory to do things as they are taught, with very little room for improvisation. Her blaster is standard enough -she suspects it was taken from a crime scene- it is easy to just tinker with it and overload the power cell.

The Valkyri sits behind a few crates to have some basic cover to work safely. This goes there and this, and now that and that...
"It is done. And ready to explode in 20 seconds. Give or tak.e. And..." Pauses. She looks at the man. "... I never really got your name, mysterious partner." Minutes ago, knowing the name was not important, because Hild had plans to ditch the Sith. But now...

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

Alisteri couldn't help but smirk at the slightly flustered response, his mask betraying none of his amusement as he watched his ally move to grab one of the blasters of the fallen gangsters. "If you'd like, I can arrange for a proper military grade blaster for you. I'm sure one or two missing blasters won't be too out of place on a world like this." He still had his suspicions that some of the locally recruited troopers were pawning off their spare equipment for some extra credits, but thus far nothing concrete had come to his notice.

If they were truly doing such though, well that would be quite the fun little raid to reclaim the lost equipment.

The masked man held his blades at the ready as she worked but there wasn't much threat from the remaining gangsters as they tried to find good positions to take shots at them from. He did have to deflect one or two stray bolts but otherwise their fire mostly just hit the shelves or crates around them. They certainly weren't going to leave their little barricades to get a clear shot.

"Give or take?" That didn't put him at ease but so long as it didn't blow up in his hand then he had no problems with it. Provided that it did explode at least. He sheathed his sword and turned to face his ally once more, holding out his hand to take the makeshift explosive. "Strosius, Knight of the Sith and of the Sith Order's Inquisition. Formally, Darth as well, although Knight is more fitting." It was such a nonchalant and casual listing of his titles, not that there were all that many of course.

It was almost as if he didn't expect her to know what any of them meant, and perhaps he didn't. "I don't believe I received your name either, now that you've mentioned it."

dsoQqRPowBGG.png

Give or take, yes. That might be the reason why Hild moves back and ducks behind cover as soon as she hands the lethal and not very precise blaster to the Sith. Ah. Strosius. A big name with a big title, he must be as important as he is powerful. Which is a lot, if this little fight is any proof. She is aware of what those titles mean. She thinks. There's always a strong possibility she was taught wrong just for the enjoyment of her now dead Master.

May he never rest in peace.

"I am...Ah..." There is a pause. Her real name is not used. She only remembers it every time someone asks her name because her memory is stupidly good. Hild Valor is the name she has chosen for herself and made it hers over the decades. But Icy is her professional name. The code-name to use when working to keep herself safe, and she is on this raid to handle matters outside the law.

So, which to pick, which to pick... She is all three and all three are her.

"Time's ticking. You know." She points to the blaster. Oh by the stars, she hopes her timing is correct. "And I am Hild Valor, She Without Title, Very Nervous With Explosions." Nervous laughter. Between the stray shots from their enemies and the soon-to-explode blaster, she really thinks they can survive this. And it will be best if the Sith is not able to track her Icy name down.

Ba dum tss. Little nervous joke.

"I'll pass on the free military gear, that will make me a target. More of a target." She already stands out without high grade gear to be stolen. But... "... there is something I want. Let's talk after this." More blaster shots from the barricaded enemies, and for a moment Hild is proud to not be the one with the worst aim in the room. They are missing everything. Of course, she's hiding behind cover and Strosius can just deflect, but, she's still proud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom