Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Can I Have This Dance?

Alicio quietly slipped the ring on Amani's finger, holding her hand as he admired it. He wasn't one for jewelry. It was just a fancy, shiny rock, after all. But it was the story, the feelings, the promise behind the fancy rock that warmed him down to his core, made him want to tear up all over again.

"I never want to be without you again."

Alicio had no further words. There was only one way to show how truly, how completely, how desperately he agreed. He leaned into his new fiancé, over the garden they had their first kiss. There was none of that awkward, bumbling charm this time- they had grown beyond the hesitancy, the naiveté now. Now, Alicio was sure, confident, deeply and madly in love.

Alicio was the first to break away, if only for air. He found a chuckling fit, and had to touch a hand to his chest to stop it. "I... sorry. I've just... never been this happy before, I don't think."

He figured they should probably land soon, before he passed out from the giddiness. But he could wait, suspended with her in the sky, for at least a moment longer.

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

Amani shut her eyes to the world, indulging in him, and him alone. The feeling of this moment was utterly indescribable, in all the best, most perfect ways. Love. Pure, unmitigated, perfect love. Nothing else came close.

When Alicio broke away, she slipped forward a bit, still trying to press into a kiss that had already left. Amani looked up at him and chuckled in a similar fashion, with a beaming grin completely stuck to her face. It seemed the Count's feelings were similarly lost in translation, "Me neither…" She concurred softly.

Amani laid her arms back over his shoulders, silently admiring him for a few precious moments, until she broke into giddy giggles, "...We're getting married!" As if it were still hard to even believe. But it seemed some dreams came true after all. And this was Amani's greatest and most beautiful dream.

"Let's have it here. The ceremony," She said, touching her forehead to his, finally composing herself enough for coherent thought. They still had a ways off until said ceremony, but in the moment it was all Amani could think about. Alderaan would be fitting as any, given the history it had in their relationship, on top of being Alicio's homeworld. Surely the nobles would expect as much anyway.

"...We're getting married!"

Alicio snorted, full-on snorted, at the statement. So obvious, yet somehow equally unbelievable.

Amani suggested they have an Alderaanian wedding, and the Count simply nodded thoughtfully, pressing his forehead into hers. "I'd like that..." he said, pausing a moment. "We could get a priest from Mirial to add to our tattoos, too. There is one for marriage, right?"

The logistics of planning a wedding hit Alicio all at once. He spiraled into work mode almost immediately, his voice animating with interest, eyes darting to the side with thought. "We'll need to call venues, and figure out food, and flowers, and the guest list... Oh no, the guest list." Alicio's head spun with the minutiae of it all.

He took a deep breath through his nose. Smiled.

"Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself. We can figure it out later."

For now, reveling in the moment was enough.

Amani nodded, her eyes lighting up at the suggestion, "There is…" A nice blending of their cultures. They both got caught up in the details, trying to plan an entire wedding in just a few minutes. "Oh man," Where would it be? Who would be coming? Was she going to have to appoint a maid of honor? That was a thing, right?

They ultimately came to the same conclusion. All in time, "What else am I supposed to think about?" She teased, although there was a merit of truth to it. Amani would be riding the high of this night for quite a while. So much excitement, more than she had ever felt about anything, begging to be vented. For now all they could do was let it simmer, and enjoy the indescribable sensation.

"Let's start heading back for dry land, hm?"

Alicio sensed that Amani had fallen into the same trap as him. He chuckled, straightening up, and gathering Amani's hands in his for a quick squeeze. "Well, we've been going slow this long. We can keep going slow for... at least a little bit longer."

Finally, Alicio dragged himself away from the sight of Amani, turning in his seat to grab the reins once more. "All good things must come to an end..." he said wistfully, before gently guiding the thranta back towards the barn.

The beast navigated back into the domed building, landing with a soft cry on one of the raised platforms. Alicio slid off the creature's back, holding out a hand to Amani to help her climb down, more an excuse to hold her hand for a moment than anything.

"Thank you," he said gently, kneeling next to the cetacean. It whined happily as he patted it, and spoke just loud enough for Amani to hear. "You were an excellent wingman." He smirked up at her, before rising to his feet.

"Shall we retire for the night... Fiancé?"

"Just a little…" Amani resigned, exchanging a brief squeeze of their hands. They'd need all the time they could get to organize their big day, anyway. To make it perfect. The Count spun back around to retake control of the reins, and she wrapped her arms around his torso, hugging him tightly as they made their descent.

The thranta glided into the barn, landing atop a platform and once again impressing Amani with how smooth the entire ride had been. She giggled at the thought of them riding off into the sunset on a thranta, with a sign saying "Just Married" hanging from its tail. Taking Alicio's hand, she slid off, and offered a few pats of her own to the beast before they departed. "I should've known you were in on this together," Amani grinned. Perhaps she should just be grateful he spared her from any wingman related puns.

She snorted, and rolled her eyes, "We shall… Let us away, Fiancé," Amani laid her head on his shoulder, and walked with him back out into the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom