Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Can I Have This Dance?

Alicio took a step closer to Amani, on his own back foot. If she said the word, they would dip. But he'd be lying if he said he wasn't intrigued, too.

"My husband. Garrett." The mention of the name transformed the woman's frozen frown into a little smile. "He was... an idiot."

"When I was a younger woman, passing the fish market every week or so, I would stop by his stall to pick up something for home. He'd tell me- frankly- a terrible joke every time I came around. Some kind of pun about the catch of the day. But I kept stopping by anyway."

"Garrett often asked me why I chose him, over any of the noble boys hounding my every step."
The woman smiled to Amani, as she was finally getting to her point. "He always smelled like fish, his humor was awful, he was as poor as poor could be, and he stuck out like a sore thumb at every gala I dragged him to."

The noblewoman's hands finally stilled. "I never had an answer for him. Not until he passed, and I returned to House da Silva." She frowned again. "Sure, he couldn't offer me riches and better standing for my family. But I didn't need that. What I needed were dumb fish jokes, and someone to embarrass myself with at galas, and a pervasive fish smell that I couldn't wash out of my clothes."

"Mr. Organa here doesn't seem to want riches and better standing either, which is what all these simple-minded nobles could give him. Maybe he found something else with you, hmm?"
Lady da Silva nodded once, before waving her hand carelessly, waddling away without so much as a goodbye, as she went to join another group. "Something to ponder."

Alicio watched the woman leave, with a shocked sort of silence, before turning to Amani, a little panic in his eyes. "I'm so sorry, Amani. That was so rude, I didn't think... I... I take back what I said about her being nice."

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

As the Lady spoke, Amani's tension slowly faded away. Her shoulders fell, and her frown turned into a more inquisitive, if still guarded expression. She was no longer listening to the doubts in her mind, but to the words Lady da Silva was trying to say. The intent of her story came around, and though the mention of Garret's passing returned a momentary frown to the mirialan's face, by the end of it a smile had lifted the corners of her lips. It was incredibly faint, but it was a smile nonetheless. Perhaps the Lady had some understanding of it, then. When she took her leave, Amani said nothing, unable to find the words before da Silva was gone, but she did offer a single nod of understanding.

As Alicio turned to her, there was a curious shift in Amani's demeanor. She gave a long sigh, her posture straightening as she did. "It's okay," Amani said quietly, then turned to offer Alicio a soft, wistful smile, "I think I get her now." In Lady da Silva's own unique way, she had made the mirialan feel a little more comfortable here. It was something of a baptism by fire, but it had worked all the same.

"I would've preferred she started the conversation a bit less heavy-handed, but-" Amani chuckled, "I'd like to talk to her again sometime," When all the introductions were no longer the focus, and they could simply speak. One day, perhaps. She dipped her head forward, bumping gently against Alicio's, "Thank you, though... Now where to next, Your Excellency?"

Alicio's nervous demeanor turned to confusion as he searched Amani's eyes. Whatever she had been able to glean from the woman had completely gone over his head, still reeling from her brazenness towards his date.

"Alright..." Alicio finally relented, softening as Amani bumped her head against his. "As long as you're okay."

After a brief, tender moment, Alicio held out his arm, positioning his body towards the dancefloor. "Well, they just started the partner waltz." He gave her a brave smile, as he took a few steps forward with her. "We've been training for this. Might as well put it to good use."

The Count stopped at the very edge of the dancing area, turning on his heel to be in front of Amani. He offered her a hand, and once it was taken, would begin a slow, intimate waltz. Of course, heads would turn to the Organa and the offworlder. All of Alderaan could be watching, and Alicio could care less. As long as she was there with him.

"One-two-three, one-two-three..." he spoke under his breath, a glint of joy in his eye. Then, his joy faded a little, as they got the rhythm.

"Do you really... feel that way? What Lady da Silva said?" Amani hadn't spoken the words herself, but she never denied those inner thoughts prescribed to her by the older woman.

"A bit surprised, but, I'm okay," Amani breathed, and the two let silence linger for just a moment. The initial intensity of emotions she felt had now faded, leaving her a bit more serene in the face of what laid ahead. Inevitably, it was time for a dance. The practice in their apartment couldn't have been for nothing, "As good a time as any, then," She smiled, and let him lead the way.

The edge of the ballroom floor they stopped again, as the Count preferred his hand so that they might begin. There was only the briefest pause before Amani straightened up, and joined him. What had once been her biggest worry was now an escape from everything else. She focused on him, and only him, while the rest of Alderaan turned into little more than background noise. The repetitions under his breath made Amani grin widely, while her movements settled into a proper rhythym.

The escape didn't last forever, though, as something on Alicio mind finally made him speak up. The mirialan's expression sank a bit, and there was a long moment in which she didn't say anything, "...Sometimes…" She admitted. Afraid that she might not be accepted. That she might not be fit for the role to begin with. And that, perhaps by extension, Alicio might be more benefitted by the company of someone else. It wasn't that she was looking for an excuse to let him go, or that she doubted his own commitment. She was afraid to lose him more than anything.

Last edited:

"...Sometimes…"

Alicio explored Amani's eyes, trying to completely understand her answer. He didn't know every thought going on in her mind, but he knew her well enough that he could guess at a few. His lip twisted in thought, before he responded.

"You know... I didn't really belong here, either. Not to start, at least," he ventured, rubbing his thumb along the Mirialan's hand. "I grew up poor on Balmorra. When I came to my first gala, I didn't know what to do. Everyone was coming up to me like they already knew me, cracking jokes I didn't understand. I hadn't danced with anyone but my mother and my sisters, before." He smiled sadly. "I hid in the corner until it was over."

"But I learned, eventually. This place, these people, are my culture. It's all a part of me, and it's something I want to share with you."
Alicio found their groove, staring deeply into her eyes.

"Amani... there's no one I'd rather have with me right now. I love you." People were still watching them with soft smiles and kind eyes. Not that Alicio was looking.

Amani struggled to look back at the Count, her gaze shifting down and away while he studied her admission. But once he spoke, those blue eyes fluttered back up in search of the greys she had become so familiar with.

As Alicio recounted his younger days, she felt a slight pang of guilt; At times like these, it was easy to forget that he wasn't born in the purple, accustomed to the ways of Alderaan's upper strata from day one. He struggled with it just as she did, but in time found his footing. The mental image of Alicio hiding away as he underwent the same process brought a soft, pitying smile to her face.

But eventually it became part of who he was. Now he was hardly out of place among the rest of the aristocracy. A bit more darkly-dressed and brooding, sure; But his poise, his eloquence, matched or even exceeded that of others. A natural in his field, a deft noble and promising senator in his own right. That's what made it easy to forget. Amani was uninterested in hiding behind that excuse, though. Instead, she would use it as motivation. If he could find his way, if Lady da Silva and her husband could find their way, then so could she.

If this was part of who Alicio was, then Amani wanted to share in all of it with him, "I know," She whispered breathily. There was a slight hitch forward, as she hesitated, before Amani fully leaned in to kiss him. It was only a few seconds, though to her it felt far longer, while everything around them faded away. She pulled away, and smiled, "I love you, too." And she never lost her rhythm, either.

"I know."

Alicio exhaled from his nose, his smirk sharpening. Perhaps he would have fired back an 'I know you know', had she not been so quick to press her lips to his. He let go of her, instead clasping his hands behind her back, and keeping her close as they kissed, barely perceiving a few chuckles and polite awws from around the room.

From some hidden corner, Lady da Silva stopped her gossiping to simply watch Alicio and Amani, her mind traveling to thoughts of crappie puns and the smell of fish.

Alicio broke away, but kept his face close to Amani's, that smile still teasing his features. "Well, now that we have their attention..." Alicio's hands traveled the Mirialan's back, finding the proper position for a dip.

Amani pulled away, and kept her eyes locked firmly on Alicio. She didn't dare let herself return the gaze of those that were no doubt looking on. Regardless of the reception, she would risk faltering in their dance, and that was not a risk she was willing to take right now. But given some of the subdued awws, she had at least some idea of how people felt. Amani smiled.

"Well, now that we have their attention..."

They couldn't let all that attention go to waste. The mirialan nodded, and prepared herself with a sigh. One hand found his arm. The other, his shoulders. Her weight was placed on the nearest foot, and she held on. For all her doubts, Amani's part was executed with the grace of a natural. Perhaps all she needed was a bit of practice, after all. Many of the bystanders seemed to approve.

When the Count pulled her back up, and near to his face, she would plant another, much briefer kiss on his lips.

They dipped together flawlessly.

It was a moment of sheer bliss to Alicio. Like a memory he'd always longed for, but hadn't made yet. That moment burned itself into his memory, a few precious seconds that wouldn't leave him for a long time.

The Count pulled the Jedi back up, and shared a shorter, but just as magical kiss with her, before chuckling a little under his breath. "Perfect," was all he could utter, though whether he was talking about the dance, or the kiss, or the whole wide galaxy in those brief moments, who could say?

Alicio-Divider.png

The rest of their time at the ball went smoothly.

After their dance, the pair had been approached by Alderaanian noble after Alderaanian noble. Alicio could barely keep all of the names and Houses straight, so he could only imagine how Amani felt. Unlike many royal families around the galaxy, the Alderaanians were kind, for the most part. Curious, genuine, perhaps a little ignorant or unintentionally rude at times, especially concerning their questions about where the Mirialan was from, and who her family was. Alicio did his best to steer the conversation away from Tython, although any who heard her home planet's name were quick to offer condolences and well-wishes. At one point in their family histories, each Alderaanian had been a refugee themselves, after all.

Finally, the pair were able to leave. As they stepped out of the tall doorway, Alicio took in the fresh, crisp air, a new confidence in his step.

"There is one more thing I'd like to show you," the nobleman murmured. "That surprise. If you aren't too tired."

"We would have to go to Sanctuary City, but it's worth it, I promise."

Last edited:
The roughest waters were already behind them. The dance was nothing short of magical, and the remainder of the evening was a pleasant subversion of Amani's expectations. Though the sheer number of families, names, and family names was somewhat intimidating, their interactions were much less so. The Alderaanians were cordial and well-meaning, if occasionally misguided. Mentions of Tython always led to a dip in her mood, but it often left as quick as it came, in part thanks to the commiseration of those who had asked. In the end, none had left her feeling truly unwelcome.

When it came time for them to escape, Amani stood a bit taller, and smiled a bit brighter. They each inhaled the cool breeze, before Alicio spoke. The mirialan listened with droopy eyelids, a bit sapped by the sheer amount of mingling; But when he reminded her of his final surprise, all hints of weariness immediately disappeared, "Yes," She said firmly, "Let's go then."

As they readied for the trip to Sanctuary City, Amani added, "That was… nice." Not quite how she had feared things would turn out. But that was hardly anything to complain over. Never had she been so happy to be so wrong.

"Yes," She said firmly, "Let's go then."

Amani's immediate second wind elicited an amused grin from the Count. Still, there was something holding back his own excitement. Something that tinged his bright happiness with a little blue. Something like nostalgia, or a bitter memory.

Alicio led the way back to the covered airspeeder he and Amani had arrived in, opening the door to help her inside as he took the driver's seat. He eased the vehicle into the air, merging with a sparse line of vehicles in the airways, before breaking off from the city to drive through the mountains of Alderaan. Sanctuary wasn't too distant from the capitol, but far enough to be a bit of a detour. "Very nice," the Count agreed, with a small smile. "At the very least, I'm glad we could show everyone up on the dance floor." He grinned mischievously.

Of course, it hadn't been all smiles. Alicio noticed on a few occasions that certain individuals would politely leave conversations that the Count and Jedi entered, and perhaps there were a few less-polite stares. But they kept their distance from the couple, which was exactly where Alicio liked them. At least, until he could change their minds.

Alicio took his eyes off the sky for just a moment to admire the white-capped mountains outside the passenger window, before he refocused on Amani with a smile. "See that right there?" He pointed to the base of one of the smaller mountains, at a small, discrete valley nestled within the Alderaanian taiga. "That's where I'd want to live, in a perfect galaxy. Away from all the hustle and bustle. Nothing but fresh air, a small cabin, a library full of books... maybe, just maybe, I'd invite you along, too."

He snickered, before leaving his hand on the armrest between them, an open invitation.

"So... you know I'm the last male Organa?" The Count frowned a little. It wasn't a secret, by any means, but he'd never explicitly mentioned it.

Last edited:
Amani gave Alicio a grateful nod as he opened the door for her, sliding in and studying his expression all the while. They took off through the traffic and through the mountains, leaving Alderaan's capital behind.

"Mmhmm," Amani grinned back, "The Alliance's favorite power couple, and now it's best dancing duo," she made a sweeping gesture with her hand as she spoke, "I'm sure we'll see some tabloid headlines in the coming days."

Once she had gotten settled in, most of the more skeptical reactions from Alderaan's elite had gone unnoticed completely. Probably for the best, lest they ended up reversing all her personal progress. Still, the occasional few picked up on her radar; Like Alicio, she was content for them to stay back and leave it at that.

That said, now that they were away, Amani couldn't help but linger on some of those reactions a bit more intently. Then the Count suddenly spoke, keeping her attention from spiraling off. She craned her neck to see where he was pointing, and grinned, "Just maybe, hm?" Amani rested her hand on his, and added, "I think that would be nice." His word choice struck with her: In a perfect galaxy. Would they ever get anything close to that?

"So... you know I'm the last male Organa?"

Amani blinked, and looked back at him, "I… yeah," She frowned in return. They hadn't exactly discussed it openly, but by this point, she was indeed aware, "…What about it?" The mirialan asked cautiously.

"'Alliance's favorite power couple'?" Alicio raised an eyebrow at Amani, a smirk overcoming his face. "You saw the tabloids too, then?"

Alicio rolled his eyes a little. If only the paparazzi cared as much about his policies as they did about his love life. Despite how adorable they apparently were together.

The conversation turned a little more serious.

"I… yeah …What about it?"

He stared straight ahead, gripping onto the Mirialan's hand just a little tighter. "Um... When I came to Alderaan, there was a lot of... pressure, on me." He paused, trying to decide exactly how to word what he was trying to convey. "House Organa's history goes back thousands of years. It's survived political maneuvering, Sith assaults, giant superweapons... and suddenly, the name is almost gone, and everyone is expecting me to... continue the legacy." Alicio felt a little warmth touch his cheeks.

"I just... I wanted to let you know that you don't have to feel that pressure. Names are just names, and I don't want you to... feel obligated into anything, if you don't want... Ugh." Alicio shook his head. Despite it weighing heavily on his mind, there was a reason he'd avoided this conversation. There was no way to not make it awkward.

"Sure did," Amani shot a sly smirk back, "Maybe we should frame a copy in our apartment." It was a conversation starter if nothing else, right? Also a bit shallow for her tastes, unfortunately, as fun as the title was.

That was quickly put behind them, though, as the topic of the Organa line took focus. Amani had a sense of where he was going with it, but it wasn't until actually hearing it aloud that she felt a bit of a blush on her cheeks as well. Despite the awkwardness, she smiled, rubbing her thumb over his hand to ease the tension.

"You're not gonna scare me away that easily," Amani said softly. She raised his hand and kissed it, letting the silence linger for a few moments, "...Do you want kids? One day?" The mirialan asked, keeping it general in hopes to not push the pressure right back onto him. She wanted to hear his thoughts, his opinions, regardless of whatever expectations might be placed on either of them.

Alicio felt any lingering fear he had about the conversation evaporate into the air as Amani kissed his hand. He let his eyes linger on her for a moment, grateful, before returning to staring at the darkened sky ahead of them. The bright lights of Sanctuary were already on the horizon, though it would still be a while until they could actually see Alicio's former passion project.

She asked him whether he wanted children. Alicio flashed a guarded smile. "Yes. I do." He kept his eyes on the horizon. "But... I worry. About... being a parent." His expression didn't change, as his eyes stared forward.

"My father was... distant. A little cold. Busy." An image of Simon's judgmental features lit up in his mind. He interconnected fingers with Amani. "I know he cared for us, and was doing everything he could to keep our family alive, but... I don't want to be like him."

"Do you... want kids?"
Alicio flipped the question back on her. "One day?"

Amani listened, staring out the window at distant lights. They had spoken some about their parents in the past, but never quite in the context of her and Alicio's own potential parenthood. It was a life-changing undertaking, and she certainly couldn't blame him for being nervous. The question then came back to her.

"...Yeah," Amani smiled softly, "One day."

"For a while I accepted that it probably was never going to happen. Back when my Jedi training was above, well, pretty much everything else,"
When the old code was her one true path in life. Marriage and family were beneath the concerns of a Jedi, "But… I've always liked the idea of having that chance."

She turned back to him, her words quiet and meaningful, "I think you'd be an amazing father, Alicio," Whatever his doubts, it was clear that he was not the same man as his own father, "I know you would be."

Alicio smiled at her response, risking a glance her way to study her face as she talked about the Jedi. The Count hadn't considered Amani's traditional upbringing would have kept her from having a family. An unexpected insecurity of her own, to mirror his.

Perhaps she would get that chance. Just maybe.

"I think you'd be an amazing father, Alicio. I know you would be."

That was exactly what he needed to hear. The Count looked out his own window, passing a finger underneath one of his eyes, which had suddenly sprouted a bit of condensation, before returning to staring ahead, now his turn to bring the back of her hand up to his lips.

There was silence for a moment. Blissful, beautiful, blessed silence.

"There it is," Alicio said, watching as the elegant white skyscrapers of Sanctuary City appeared ahead. He cultivated a puckish grin. "You know, some might say Sanctuary was my first child. A very expensive, multimillion-population child. So I'm already a veteran parent."

"And you're the leader of an entire section of the Jedi Order. That has to feel like corraling youngsters, some days."
His eyes twinkled like stars.

"Basically, what I'm saying is that... eventually... there is the possibility we could be the best parents, maybe ever."

Amani just smiled as she watched Alicio. His appreciation was unspoken, but plenty clear in the peaceful silence. It was a big deal to him, and that alone was a good sign of his potential as a father. He cared. It was so simple in concept, but where many lacked it, he had it in spades. It was one of the many things she loved about him.

Her attention turned to the form of Sanctuary City, details now manifesting on their approach. Alicio's following analogue received a similar grin, "Who says that?" It was amusing, but not entirely unfounded. There was certainly a heavy sense of responsibility that came with overseeing the city's development. As for her own duties, the mirialan's grin turned knowing, "You have no idea…" Even outside of healer duties, just being a Knight meant she had to help manage the students of the New Jedi Order. It was a teacher role as much as a medical role.

"Basically, what I'm saying is that... eventually... there is the possibility we could be the best parents, maybe ever."

"That's an interesting hypothesis," Amani's grin widened, and she turned to him with illuminating eyes, "Maybe… one day, then… We'll get a chance to prove that." The Alliance's favorite power couple, best dancing duo, and best parents? She liked the sound of it.

At Amani's question of who, Alicio smirked, waving his hand carelessly in the air. "Oh, you know... people."

"Maybe… one day, then… We'll get a chance to prove that."

He gave her a loving look, only restraining himself from kissing her to avoid crashing the airspeeder. "One day," he agreed, the words warming his very soul.

After a few more minutes of driving, Alicio brought the speeder into Sanctuary City's airways, his loving gaze now reserved for the buildings around them. It had been too long since he'd visited this place. It felt like a true homecoming, where he'd grown into himself as an Organa. As a statesman. As a leader.

And of course, where he and Amani had shared their first kiss, on a quiet night in the holographic gardens.

But they weren't headed there today. Alicio turned away from the most populated area, instead headed to the edge of the city, parking the speeder next to a gargantuan domed building. "Here we are," the Count noted, exiting the speeder, then waiting for Amani to do the same, linking arms with her.

He stared with a conflicted expression at the structure. From within, the sounds of peaceful, mournful cries could just barely be heard above the rhythm of the city.

He turned an eye on Amani, curious of her reaction.

Last edited:
Amani smiled in return, similarly having to hold herself back from a more intimate response given they were still mid-transit. The thought alone was enough to fill her with hope for whatever future lay ahead.

As soon as they entered Sanctuary City proper, treasured memories flooded back into her mind of the time they had spent here. The city was a personal symbol of their relationship, having been the place where it blossomed. A bit of warmth rose back into her cheeks as she stared out the window, lost in reverie.

This time they went past much of the sights that were familiar to her. They landed, and Amani stepped out to link arms with Alicio, studying the edifice that now stood before them. There was a faint sound just within, one that made her raise an eyebrow. She looked to him for an explanation, though his own reaction was indiscernible and ambivalent, "Where is here?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom