Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Can I Have This Dance?

"Where is here?"

"Um..." Alicio looked bashfully to Amani, before returning his gaze back to the large structure. "You'll see."

He led the way up the short path, inputting a code at the door to unlock it, admitting them into a long hallway. One that Alicio slowly, ponderously walked. "It's something... I haven't done in a while. But it's my favorite Alderaanian tradition, besides the charity work. Practiced for longer than we've had royal houses, I think."

Alicio stopped their walk at a final closed door, sending a shadow of a smile to the Mirialan, before opening it, revealing an enormous pool of water, over which flew a pod of slow-moving, powerful winged shapes, each calling out in melancholic tones as they skimmed the water, some resting on raised platforms around the stadium-sized area, others soaring gracefully overhead.

"Thranta-back riding," he explained, staring up at the creatures, whatever reservations he had for the place unable to constrain his child-like wonder. "The trainers were happy to let us in after closing. They even told me we could take one out of the barn, if we wanted."

"Would you... like to try?"

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

Alicio's response only made her more perplexed, and so she eagerly followed him up the path and into the hall. His oblique word choice was almost amusing, but at this point she just wanted to figure out the answer so bad that it hardly registered as such. It was his favorite tradition, but there was some internal conflict regarding it. And frankly she couldn't tell how all the wailing was conducive to something that he enjoyed. All those factors made it an exceptionally puzzling mystery. It was only as they neared the final set of doors that she realized all that wailing was the noise of an animal.

The doors opened to reveal a massive enclosed reservoir, populated by tamed thrantas. They skimmed across the water surface, their songs echoing across the habitat. Amani's eyes filled with a sense of wonder for the creatures' majesty. She had heard of them before, but to see them for herself was a different matter entirely, "Would I?" She said eagerly, roped into an infectious feedback loop by the Count's own amazement. Amani always had a soft spot for animals, "What do I do?"

Noticing Amani's own wonder, Alicio's smile warmed. "Follow me," he said, leading the way up a set of stairs, and to a raised platform. A small group of the curious, graceful creatures followed along from above, wings flapping in slow-motion.

Once upon the platform, Alicio looked to the sky, waiting in anticipation. After loitering around for a moment longer, one particularly brave thranta approached, propelled by broad, grey-blue wings, coming to a rest on top of the skydock. Alicio looked back to Amani. "C'mon," he said, gently grabbing her hand, and pulling her forward, towards the creature.

He knelt down, making space for Amani to do the same, and laid a gentle hand on the thranta's neck, patting it kindly, and admiring the smooth, rubbery texture of it's skin.

"First, we have to let it get used to us," Alicio noted, running a hand along it's head. "Then, I'll get a saddle on it. And then..." Alicio smirked at the Mirialan, "You hold on tight."

Amani did as Alicio said, carefully trailing behind him as they reached the top of a platform. One of the thrantas descend soon after, and she stepped back in surprise. The Count was quick to take her hand though, and she followed, kneeling down beside him. "I see…"

She reached out a hand, for it see and smell, before gliding it across the creatures head, offering it a few pats. Amani smirked back at him, then returned her attention to the tyrants, "Hey there…" Bonding with wildlife was often a simpler task for a Force user than others. Through the energies that bound all living things, an intrinsic connection could be formed, even with more instinctual beings. And Amani had been tapped into the natural side of the Force from early in her training. Kashyyyk had a vibrant ecosystem, and not all of its inhabitants were quite so tame-able as a thranta. So despite her initial hesitance with such a majestic beast, Amani quick found a bit of comfort.

"Do they have names?"

Amani took petting the large cetacean in stride. It lowed sweetly in response to the attention, it's wings stretching as it floated just a few inches off the ground.

Content that the Mirialan had it well in hand, Alicio stepped back from the creature, hefting a nearby saddle with some effort, and bringing it over to the thranta. The Count began tacking up the majestic creature, taking his time to ensure the harness' straps were on securely. It would be a poor date if they ended it in intensive care, after all.

"I'm sure they do," he said, smiling. "Though, I'm not here enough to know them all by name. There's a Duchess, and an Ano, and a Whiskey... But I don't think this one is any of them."

Once he was certain the saddle was fastened snugly behind the thranta's neck, Alicio gently swung a leg over it, taking the reins in one hand. His other, he stretched out to Amani, his face growing a grin.

"All aboard."

Amani wrapped her arms as far around the thranta as they could fit, half-hugging it from the side. It's deep rumblings we're enough to make her content sigh vibrate humorously.

Meanwhile, Alicio was tacking up the creature, and admitted he didn't know this one's name. His reasoning made her frown a bit: It was already quite clear the Count loved to be here. But his responsibilities took him away from the experience far too often. And it's not like thrantas thrived on Coruscant. "Well, maybe if you ever get that perfect cabin in a perfect galaxy, you should add your own little thranta barn out back," Amani smiled back at him, half-joking. Only half, being the operative word.

She stepped aside to let Alicio finish fastening up the saddle, and took his hand as it was offered. Carefully Amani hopped on behind, wrapping her arms around his waist and leaning forward to plant a kiss on his cheek, "Lead us off."

"Well, maybe if you ever get that perfect cabin in a perfect galaxy, you should add your own little thranta barn out back."

Alicio smirked at her as he mounted the thranta. That would be a dream come true. "A perfect galaxy can't come soon enough," he noted, an ironic sort of melancholy to his words.

Amani accepted his hand, climbing behind the Count and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. Despite his apparent reservations, the butterflies in his stomach erupted in joy. He gave the large creature the lightest of taps with his heels, and with one last bout of whalesong, the thranta raised slowly into the air, making for a closed trap door in the ceiling.

Riding a thranta was an experience unlike any other. There was a calm surety to each stroke, as if it were swimming through air, confident that it would stay in the sky. There was an unflappable peace in their nature, despite the solemn melody they sang.

When they got close enough, the sensors in the door activated, letting the riders and their steed out into the open night air of Sanctuary City. Various streetlamps and lanterns, open flames and strobes, created a galaxy of lights beneath them, stretching all the way to the coastline, igniting the tall skyscrapers in brilliant hues. The cool of the night, banished by Amani's warmth at his back. Alicio admired it all, laying one of his hands overtop her's at his waist, the wind lightly tousling their hair.

"I don't know about you, but..." he started, stealing a deep breath from a remade world as he looked over his shoulder. "I'd take this over an Alderaanian ball any day."

Wishful thinking. But without hope for something better, what reason would there be to keep fighting? Amani liked to think that maybe one day, that dream would come true. It was motivation, if nothing else.

As the thranta prepared to take off, Amani shut her eyes and tensed up. It wasn't until right then that her stomach dropped at the thought actually flying into the air. It was far different from the enclosed and stabilized interior of a starship. But even still, as they hit the sky, she found herself taken aback by the ease with which it flew.

Not that it stopped her from keeping a tight clinch around Alicio's waist, but she did manage to open her eyes and take in the ever-widening view. Out of the barn, into the open air above the glittering field of lights that illuminated Sanctuary below. The cool wind had her dark hair billowing behind, though her head remained resting against the Count's back. Amani grinned slyly, "I wasn't gonna say it, but, yeah," It was a bizarre experience that made her feel at ease even as her adrenaline spiked. She could get used to it. "When did you learn how to do this?"

Alicio turned his head to regard Amani as she held on tightly to him. He'd felt similarly on his first thranta ride; terrified of falling, but exhilarated by the experience. He still felt that way, mostly.

"When I was Crown Liason," he said, looking out once again over Sanctuary City. His pride and joy, glowing so brightly in his absence. A pang of longing tossed his heart, for simpler times of zoning laws and manufacturer negotiations. But he quickly discarded the thought.

Alicio had gained so much more than he'd lost.

"I was... stressed, often." His voice turned a little quieter. "There was a lot to do, and I insisted on doing as much as I could. I used to take hikes, when I was feeling overwhelmed, but when I didn't have time, I just went to the barn, and watched the thrantas fly."

He twisted a smile. "Eventually, one of the barn-workers asked me if I wanted to actually ride one. I haven't had the chance much, but... There's just something about it." He couldn't describe the way he felt, watching thrantas in the air, feeling their gentle pace, listening to their harmonies.

His mood changed again. That hang-up. It wasn't something he wanted to keep dodging. So he didn't.

"Last time I rode... was with Inanna." Alicio's voice grew almost apologetic. "Before the Tython festival. I haven't been able to... convince myself to do it, since."

Last edited:
Amani fell silent to let Alicio share, feeling the thrum of his voice through her ear against his back. It was a little thing, but it helped ground her, and staved off some of the nerves that came with flying.

What the Count spoke of was hardly surprising; He always dedicated himself in full no matter what the task. It was admirable, but so often he became burnt out by it. At least he had found solace in Alderaan's natural world, be it through hiking or thranta riding. Despite the relief it clearly brought, that indiscernible cloud still hung over him in this moment. Until finally he admitted its cause.

"Last time I rode... was with Inanna. Before the Tython festival. I haven't been able to... convince myself to do it, since."

"Oh…" Amani frowned, and looked up to get a read on Alicio's expression. Inanna hadn't exactly left things cordial between them last time. She had completely mortified Amani on one of the biggest night's of her life, and tried to drive a wedge between her and Alicio. It hadn't worked, but it was surprising to see that it still gave the Count some hangups on this particular night. One of her hands slowly ran up his waist to his chest, crossing over to touch the opposite shoulder. Amani managed a soft, optimistic smile, and muttered in his ear, "Well… you're doing it now, aren't you?" He had found the push to try again, to take back what he loved.

She let that linger for a few quiet moments, before she asked, "...Have you talked to her since?" Her tone was curious, not accusatory. Amani was aware that the Shi'ido had been working with the Alderaanians for aid. The possibility didn't necessarily surprise her.

For a multitude of reasons, it was obvious his aforementioned date with Inanna hadn't gone well.

Alicio held a reserved, diffident expression, as he let a hand trace along the thranta's side, leaning into Amani as she brought her arm across his torso. The Count constructed a brave face. "Yeah. We are."

He wanted to reclaim this part of himself. Share it with the woman he loved, past experiences be damned.

"...Have you talked to her since?"

"Yes," he said, appreciating the lack of judgment from her words. "I sent you that message about it. But before that... no. Not since the ceremony on Coruscant." His lips puckered in dissatisfaction. He had been terrified that night, that Amani would leave him. But since then, they had only grown closer. "She seems... happier, now. Healed from... from me."

Alicio tried a smile. "You know, we've never talked about your exes before..." A half-hearted attempt to keep the conversation light.

Last edited:
"Right," Amani hummed, recalling the message. Of all the details, the first that came to her mind was exactly his message about the infamous 'finger point'. Alicio was lucky he was already off when he sent it, or she might have thrown him out a window for deigning to tease her about it once again. Not that it stopped her from giggling to herself over it.

An apology came across as unexpected. Amani had always wanted to give Inanna the benefit of the doubt, given everything she had been through. But the things she said that night had been hurtful and humiliating. Amani's gut reaction was to deny the opportunity, but deep down she really did want to make amends, "Really? That's… good for her, then." A fiance, no less. She certainly moved on quickly, then. "She really wants to apologize?"

Mention of her own exes earned another chuckle, "Not much to talk about, if we're being honest. There was never anything that lasted more than, I dunno, a month. Just… flings, dates," It was hard to keep anything going when she moved around all the time. Dating hadn't been something she bothered with during her padawan years, and only ever put marginal effort into when she spent those few in-between years traveling the galaxy. Something to fill in a conceived gap. But none made her feel quite like this.

"There waaas this pretty cute Zeltron guy, though… Or there was that human biologist I met on Rugosa…"
Amani teased, growing a smirk, "But he was never interested in anything long-term, and I'm pretty sure she was only ever into me cause I was… exotic," She laughed, then leaned in a bit closer, "And neither of them were you."

Amani seemed slower to forgive Inanna than Alicio had. Which was entirely fair. The Shi'ido had marred what was supposed to be a happy day for the Mirialan. Because of him. The Count pushed that thought away, instead letting his gaze linger over the city. "She does. It seemed genuine to me."

His attention immediately refocused on Amani, however, as she began describing her previous encounters. The littlest needles of jealousy pricked him, as he cast a knowing smile over his shoulder.

She was doing that on purpose. But, to be fair, he had quite literally asked for it.

All was forgiven as Amani leaned closer to him. Alicio realized he couldn't stand not looking at her, anymore.

Carefully, the Count flipped his leg over the side of the thranta, spinning in the saddle to sit face-to-face with Amani. Their ride continued it's gentle pace, not seeming to notice or care that it's rider had turned around. He let his hands rest on her hips, his face rest just a breath from hers. Not quite closing the distance, ever the tease.

"That's good to hear," he said, his own mischievous smile matching her previous one. "I'd rather not share you."

"Hm," was all Amani said regarding Inanna any further. She'd believe it when she saw it. That said, the idea of burying the hatchet had an undeniable appeal. They both had more important things to worry about than petty romantic drama, and she still liked to think that beneath all those troubles, Inanna was a well-meaning person.

When the conversation turned to talk of her own exes, Amani couldn't help but tease Alicio some. He had asked for it, but she made certain to cap it off with assurance of her love. The others had their charms, but she couldn't envision herself with them for more time than they had already spent together. Alicio was something else entirely; Someone with whom she felt genuine connection and support. Enough to last, perhaps even forever.

Amani giggled as the Count spun around to face her, content that her teasing had achieved the desired effect. She draped her arms over his shoulders and leaned in, grinning as he fired back with some teasing of his own. "No?" She whispered, getting closer. Her bottom lip flicked teasingly against his upper lip, "Awfully greedy of you…" Amani snorted, never fully closing the distance herself.

Alicio nearly forgot where they were, suspended among the stars, over the glittering expanse of Sanctuary City. Somewhere down below, children were being tucked into bed by their parents, Tython's holographic garden twinkled with it's dual moons, and some lovestruck couple sat out on the beach, looking up at the darkened sky, wondering what could be out there for them. Perhaps they'd catch a glimpse of Alicio and Amani.

He didn't have to wonder what was out there. The most wonderful being in the galaxy was directly ahead of him, staring him in the eyes. Just a hair from his face. He could only smile, knowing just how lucky he was. "I know," he murmured, letting their noses touch before pulling away again.

He could do this all night.

He took in the moment for a few moments more, before his demeanor changed. He didn't pull away, but his nervousness spiked, smile thinning, eyes darting down for a moment in thought.

"Sometimes it's hard to put these things to words and know when it's the right time, but in your heart, you can feel when it is. That's what matters most."

"Amani..." he said, her name like a prayer on his lips. "Would you mind if I did something... spontaneous? And maybe... a little stupid? Right now?"

It was easy to lose herself in Alicio’s eyes. Even in his most quiet and introspective moments, the Count’s eyes often expressed more than words could. In this moment it was love; A kind of love that surpassed description. She could see tones of it almost any time they looked at one another, but tonight it was resplendent.

And hiding something deeper.

Something that not even Amani could quite decipher, and his question only made it all the more mysterious. The feeling was a strange one, though not necessarily a bad one. Her head cocked to the side, and she chuckled awkwardly, “...S-sure? I guess that depends on… on how stupid, but…” Another chuckle as she looked around them, recognizing the Tythonian garden below. It was easy to forget they were still on the back of a thranta when she was gazing into her love’s eyes.

"...What is it?" Amani asked softly.

Alicio found Amani's eyes again, taking a deep breath through his nose. He hadn't been this nervous when he made his first address to the Senate, nor when he'd began working at Sanctuary, or even when he'd met Queen Faith. This was different.

He stole one last moment to think. "I... um..."

Just say it.

"I almost never talked to you, that night on Tython." Alicio skewed a smile. "One of my workers told me to go to bed. But I didn't. I walked around, seeing who I could help out. It just so happened a crate of bacta patches needed to be delivered. And... there you were."

"I've never... felt happier than when I've been with you. Every day is an adventure, one I've explored with the most caring, most intelligent, most beautiful person in the galaxy. You taught me to be brave, and kind to myself, through all the ups and downs. Empress Teta, Coruscant, Mirial, here.... And... Wine Night wasn't bad, either."
He forced out an emotion-choked chuckle.

"But none of that would have happened if I'd listened to that worker." Alicio felt his eyes begin to water, and he tried to subtly pass a sleeve over his face, before returning his eyes to the love of his life. "I can't even begin to wonder what my life would be like now if we hadn't met, because I can't imagine my life without you."

"And I don't want to... Ever. So..."
With a slightly shaky hand, Alicio reached into his pocket, and pulled out a small box. He opened slowly, revealing an azure ring, cut like a triangle.

"Amani Serys... Will you...?"

He couldn't finish the most important sentence of his life.

Amani's expectant stare cracked into a bashful smile. Her cheeks flushed deep in color as Alicio serenaded her with adoration, love, and gratitude that all came from his heart of hearts. It was a commemoration of the time they had spent together, and the beauty of their romance brought to words. "Alicio…" She murmured, choking up with emotion, incapable of and uninterested in hiding what it meant to hear aloud, no matter how true they both already knew it to be.

Perhaps some part of Amani deep down had correctly guessed what this was really leading to. But if that were so, it never arose beneath her subconscious, not daring to believe it were so until he made it so. In fact, she was all too busy trying to think of what she could say to him back, that would match the passionate delivery he had given her. Whatever words those might have been, were quickly drowned out by what came next.

"Amani Serys... Will you...?"

Alicio didn't need to finish it. There was only one thing left Amani could say, "Y-yes!" She cried, a river of ecstatic tears pouring down her cheeks, "Yes!" Amani embraced him tightly, wetting his shoulder as the tears continued to trickle down. Her breaths hitched with emotion, "I love you…" There was no one in the galaxy she could envision sharing the rest of her life with. No one but him.

Nothing in Alicio's life had ever made him quite so happy as hearing that one word. He'd made it through his entire speech with minimal wetworks, but with one simple 'yes'...

Alicio began crying himself as Amani connected with him in a hug, not caring about the state of his suit, as he certainly gave the Mirialan a few tears in return. He wrapped an arm around her waist, supporting the back of her head with a hand, holding on tight. There were no thoughts in his head except her. Caring, intelligent, beautiful Amani.

He kissed her temple as they embraced, murmuring out the quietest "I love you too," even as he wanted to scream it for all of Alderaan to hear. "So, so much."

His silence after spoke louder than any words he could hope to utter ever would.

Amani held him tightly, bathing in the emotional afterglow of this perfect moment. Nothing else mattered now but them. Him. And now they had the opportunity to build a life together. A real life.

It would be beautiful. She knew it.

Amani's eyes fluttered open, and in her peripheral, caught sight of the Tython dome beneath them once more. A union of their two worlds. It was only fitting that it happened here, high above the place and the city where their love blossomed. She pulled back, bumping her forehead with his a moment before she raised her left hand for Alicio to slide the ring onto. "It's beautiful," Amani sniffled. Really it could have been a band made of dull iron for all she cared, but as a symbol of their relationship, there was nothing more fitting than this.

"I never want to be without you again," Amani whispered, before leaning in to give him, her fiancé, a deep and loving kiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom