Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction C H I L L S T E P | Commenor Jedi Enclave (SJC)

Zak Dymo

Z
OQ8qUdD.png

THE COMMENOR JEDI ENCLAVE
The Planet Commenor | The Silver Jedi Conclave

The Nautolan was dripping wet.

To be fair, he was aquatic. And Caer Reef was just a short hop from the Jedi Enclave. It gave him a place he could get away from breathing on land for a bit. Did humans not realize how utterly dry gills could get out here? How did people possibly stand living and breathing air all the time like it was all there was or something.

Imagine living life without gills. It was a hellish landscape. An unimaginable reality without the salty tang of the ocean in your gills. And your mouth. And pretty much everywhere else. Especially when you got out of the water and it dried and left salt crystals all over the body.

All right, that last part he could imagine very easily, because salt was already starting to form on the youth's lithe and gangly frame.

The green Nautolan was a Jedi padawan, but he didn't dress in the typical robes. Instead, he had a sleeveless tunic made of an aquatic skin that wasn't permeable. Jedi robes were usually made of fibers that just got waterlogged. The youth had bare feet, which were covered with dirt and sand from the Juniper Canyon, as the boy stood in the entry from the canyon to the Enclave.

They were supposed to be getting a new Padawan today. Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek or Dracos Terrok or Dago Bah...

...wait, wasn't that last one a planet?

Could a planet even be a padawan?

As he waited, the Nautolan's large, abyssal black eyes would scan the canyon before he'd look back at the ground. Propped up against a couple of rocks, the boy had a HoloBoy Advanced with the smart-comlink's browser pointed to HoloTube. A dance practice video posted by the synth-pop group known as Gunganlicious was streaming on the small screen. Zak would bob his head along with the beat, watching a few of the moves demonstrated by the video before he'd attempt to mirror the same.

The video was only a few minutes long, so the Nautolan was replay and then the cycle would repeat. Watch a few moves. Scan the canyon. Try to replicate the flow and get a feel for the timing. Scan the canyon.

The transition from out of the breakdance into the pop-and-lock was still throwing him off a bit. Could Dago Bah maybe be a couple of minutes late? Zak wanted to run through this choreography another time. Or two. Or five.

All right, probably more like twelve. The speed and flexibility of that transition was hella next level.

Zak was supposed to help welcome the new kid to the Silver Jedi. Hopefully Dago Bah got down with the house dance scene. Because otherwise Zak wasn't sure what he was supposed to be showing the new kid. Dormitories? Where the food was?

Well, it was Jedi food. So, would you even want that?

Zak should probably show the new kid where the snacks were hidden instead. That was totes more important. Plus there was the meditation, library, temple type stuff as well, he supposed. But ain't nobody got time for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
A transport stopped near the entrance of the conclave. A large mix of beings from all over the sector piled out, a mix of the rich and poor, pilgrims and refugees, wayfarers and wanderers all came seeking something. Safety. Absolution. or just a glimpse of the Jedi that called this place home.

Standing out among the crowd was a boy with dark skin and green eyes, a boy who would tell you he was almost a man. In truth he did not stand out from the others, not at a glance anyway. He was human or near enough and plenty of those had exited the transport. He was not especially tall nor especially short. He wasn't too fat or too skinny. He may have been handsome, his mom has always said so and the girls at school thought so too but he wasn’t jaw droppingly attractive. Maybe his clothes helped him to stand out? He was dressed in what anyone his age would love to have, well anyone from Nar Shaddaa or some of the lower levels of Coruscant or Taris. Black skinny jeans that sagged just a little despite the dewback leather belt(also black) with a large gold buckle shaped like a starfighter, a yellow silk shirt cover by a black leather jacket(also dewback with the silk being locally sourced) and to top it off, his most prized item of clothing, his sneakers: Nyke Aer Jord’yn 11s.

But no, even his clothes would not make him stand out among all the different styles of fashion being represented by the mass of beings that came to the temple today. If he felt like an outsider it was only because he made himself one. He was probably the only person at the enclave that did not want to be.

Dagos followed or more accurately was pushed along up the stairs toward the interior of the temple, a backpack on his back and a bag of luggage being pulled behind. This was no day trip for the young man, this place was to be his new home.

He reached the top of the steps and stopped before crossing the threshold not even noticing the two youths standing nearby, both alien one absorbed with a Holoboy, the other watching from over his shoulder.

Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Zak Dymo

Zak Dymo

Z
Front, side. Isolation. Drop. Kick into spin...

The Nautolan was down in the dirt trying to duplicate the move from the dance practice holo-vid, when the transport dropped in. And he hadn't noticed anyone peering over his shoulder, because even without Force Stealth, Zak had the situational awareness of a rock. And about half the brain power.

Flipping up from the ground, the Nautolan dusted himself off as people mulled past him. When the crowd had mingled on by, there was just a human looking kid that seemed about Zak's same age on the steps. Was that him? How would Zak know that was him?

He had luggage. So it was probably him, right? Chit, Zak never did remember what the kid's name was. Awkwardly fidgeting -- should he wave? Would that be cool? -- the boy started to wave, then stopped. Gave a sup nod, and said, "Dago... right?"

Probably not. But what's done was done. Let's be solution oriented.

"I'm Zak," the Nautolan chimed, not waiting for a response and just plowing on ahead. If this wasn't the new kid... well, he was now. Motioning expressively back toward the structure behind him as he loudly declared, "Welcome to the Enclave! Home of the..."

Wait, what were they the home of?

Pausing in mid-sentence, the Nautolan turned to look around for a moment. There was a pond. Some buildings. A large statue. "...uh, really, like, big statue or whatever that is," the Nautolan uttered, turning back toward the dark skinned youth as he added, "And buildings cut into walls. Which are old. And dusty. And more old."

There. Introductions complete! "That's not important!" the boy declared, before he stopped and had to ask himself where was he going with this? Did internal-voice-Zak know? Because talking-out-loud-Zak was lost as kark right now. "What's important is, uh... what is important?"

Okay, so there was no filter between his brain and mouth. It was also possible the two were one in the same. As the Nautolan mulled over that problem, however, his two second attention span kicked in and now his focus was on the luggage.

Oh right. "Oh, can I help you with your bag?" the boy asked, completely changing trains of thought. Not that it had been much of a train to begin with. And it was admittedly a short track besides. "I'll show you where the dormitories are. You can claim a bunk and, like, set your stuff down or whatever. Then I can show you around!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Dagos did not return the Nautolan’s signal of welcoming acknowledgement. He could do nothing but look at the green skinned alien with bewilderment. His name was Zak and he almost knew Dagos’ name.

“Welcome to the enclave!” Zak had said loud enough that Dagos looked around seeing a number of passers by craning their necks to look at them as they uh passed by. Dagos looked around as Zak pointed out some of the features of the enclave. The statue certainly was big, no denying that. Dagos had to tilt his head back to try and make out the face, green eyes squinting from the sun.

“Can I help with your bag?” The kid, who was apparently his guide, asked him.

“No. I got it.” Dagos said shortly, gripping his bag tighter. He did not know Zak and he did not know this place, he was not going to trust his things to a stranger.

"I'll show you where the dormitories are. You can claim a bunk and, like, set your stuff down or whatever. Then I can show you around!"

Dormitories? He wasn’t even getting his own room? He would have to tell his mom not to send the rest of his things if that was the case. This place was going to be a drag.

“Sure man.” Dagos said, still being short to Zak who was clearly trying his best to be helpful.

Zak Dymo Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
Sukai had been spending more time at the Enclave as she attempted to get back into regular Jedi dealings, much had changed but at the same time many things were still the same. She had to wonder if such would still retain the same after several centuries, only time would tell. As it would happen today would be one of the day new students and Padawans arrived at the temple and though only a senior Knight she felt it just to at least meet the new Padawan and introduce herself before going about her business.

Approaching
the entrance she spied three figures, and though it was easy to tell the one carrying the suit cases was probably the new arrival the others seeming to greet him were not familiar to herself. Getting closer she stood just to the side of the Togruta, giving a small affirming nod towards the group while waiting for the new Padawan and the Nautolin to finish their initial conversation and greeting.

"I don't suppose I am to late to offer a welcome"? From what she managed to catch it seemed the small group had planned a short tour of the enclaves structure and rooms.

Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Zak Dymo

Zak Dymo

Z
The Nautolan's head swung from side to side.

Oh, there were more people. He wasn't sure just where the Togruta or the other chick had come from, but it seemed a welcome party had converged on Dago Bah. Except, this was Commenor. And Zak was starting to think that maybe Dago Bah wasn't the kid's name.

The new kid seemed tense. That's because Zak's greeting had been totally lame, hadn't it? Aw man. He should have gone with the sup nod from the start.

Oh well. Ain't no thang!

"They're this way," the Nautolan remarked, his optimism and cheer dialed up to an eleven as he motioned for everyone to follow. Dropping his HoloBoy into the utility belt he wore over the tunic, the green-skinned amphibian-turned-tour-guide started to guide the procession through the monastic enclave.

"If you wanna learn healing, those classes are over that way," the boy noted, gesturing to indicate the infirmary along the enclave's western wall. A number of refugees and others could be seen mulling about that part of the enclave, both Jedi and those seeking the soothing touch of the mystic Force Healers.

"The lightsaber classes are over in the gym, over there," the Naotolan remarked, here clearly shifting to something he was more excited for. Healing was just so... non-lightsaber-y. Hitting things with a lightsaber was the most Jedi thing. On that note, the boy noted, "I study Makashi. What about you?"

All of it was cool. Well, almost all of it was cool. Soresu was, like, boredom given form. Much nope. Shien was an improvement over Soresu, at least in Zak's mind. Shii-cho, Makashi, Ataru, Djem So, even Shien all had their uses for just smacking things. With the Force.

No wrong answers.

Unless the kid did Soresu.

"The cafeteria is there, but I warn you the food is not for the weak," the boy commented, his voice dropping into a conspiratorial whisper. Because he things to say that required talking in a dramatic voice like that. "I heard seven out of ten padawans who go to the infirmary are due to Jedi food related illness," the tween offered, completely making it up. But he could imagine it being true.

"Luckily, there's a couple of tricks to getting real food in here," the youth remarked, as the group arrived at the dormitories.

"Here we are! Home sweet home!" Zak offered cheerily, as he turned back toward the new kid. "Younglings are housed in clans. Padawans share a room with one person. And then the knights have their own quarters.," he explained succinctly.

They were now a group. Dagos and Zak and it would also seem the alien girl who lurked nearby and now they were joined by someone else, another girl who was older than the rest of them. The girls both said something, introductions probably but Dagos was not listening. Zak motioned to follow and Dagos did, not bothering to check if the others came along.

As they walked Zak pointed out different parts of the enclave. Dagos followed along barely paying attention. The alien boy pointed at a group of people telling the traveling party that was where they held healing classes. He thought this was a place that housed Jedi not trained doctors.

They walked just a little ways longer "The lightsaber classes are over in the gym, over there," Zak said remarking on a new point of interest. Lightsabers? Now that sounded more like it.

"I study Makashi. What about you?" The green boy continued.

“Uh..” Dagos started to say before the Togruta girl interrupted by saying she preferred form Zero whatever that meant. It must have something to do with fighting, he concluded after she finished talking about having combat training. Dagos looked at her in disbelief. She looked like she could not have been much older than he was and she couldn't have been more than ninety pounds, there was no way she had any combat training or if she had there was no way she was any good.

“I train in K’thri.” He told Zak as they kept going. Dagos had been learning martial arts, K’thri mostly, since he was six years old and he was good, really really good. He was probably the best K’thri fighter at his age in the whole sector if not the entire colonies region. In fact that was the whole reason he was on Commenor and partially the reason he was now having to live here at the enclave.

They walked some more and Zak talked some more, hinting that the food served here might not be entirely up to standard.

They reached the dorms and Zak went on about something else now with more words that Dagos hardly understood.

Younglings? Padawans? Jedi Knight was the only phrase Dagos had recognized out of them all. Dagos didn’t even know if these people who’d met him outside the enclave were even Jedi. What would a Jedi look like?

“My guy, do you live in these dorms?” He asked Zak.

Zak Dymo Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Sky'ito Yumi Sky'ito Yumi

Sukai gave a small smile to the others as the Torgurta more or less welcomed her to the group. Herself tagging along as Zak began the tour, most of the sights being something she was already familiar with. She really only got interested by the mention of K'thri, byu both the new student and the apparent Padawan with the quarter staff. "Interesting, I don't suppose either of you would like to star sometimes? Though I don't know that style myself I am well versed in martial arts of my own:".

Her style was sort of mixed but it's main concept was an aggressive defensive form where one would strike out to intercept attacks instead of blocking, parrying or using some sort of judo or judisu, even if she was proficient in each. Speaking of which she needed to touch up on her saber combat as well, though perhaps that would be a question for later, no need to pester the new recruit.

She contained to walk behind, muffling a small chuckle at the food incident, one of the reasons she usually cooked her own food, that and Sukai never really like the stuff they severed there anyways. As the group came to the dorm she did interject at the end of Zaks comment. "Some exceptions can be made due to certain circumstances, I myself share quarters with my bother and sister, but that is a rare case".

Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Zak Dymo

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Zak Dymo Sky'ito Yumi Sky'ito Yumi Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

Red had been passing through the dormitories, headed towards the cafeteria, when he noticed the large group of Padawans and a Knight walking through, apparently showing a new guy around, from what Red could hear.

Red wore his combat armor, and held his helmet under his left arm. His armor was covered in mud and dirt, showing that Red had just come back from a training exercise. Despite the dirt, his hair still had that bright red appearance, standing out within the hallway. His red eyes scanned the group, looking over them. He had multiple weapons strapped to him, with a blaster rifle over his shoulder and on his back, two blaster pistols in holsters, his lightsaber strapped to his utility belt, and a knife and two flashbangs also strapped to his utility belt. It looked like Red was ready for battle, which, was surprisingly accurate. Red was always ready for a fight, no matter where or one. It was a habit by now, as he had been trained since birth for combat as as supersoldier. It just came naturally to him, being a supersoldier made for combat.

Red approached the group. "Padawans and Knight," He nodded to them. "This is the newbie, right?" Red asked, looking at Dagos, his red eyes examining the young man. Then, he nodded. "Right. Welcome to the Temple. I hope everything is to your liking, and that your group is answering any questions you might have." He said, then, he squinted at his Padawan, Kuxirra, as if he was accusing her of something. Then, he turned back to Dagos. "Anyway, I'm a Knight and a combat instructor here at the Temple. Anything combat or survival related, I'm always open. Whether it be martial arts, marksmanship, survival skills, sword fighting, or anything in between, you can ask me or any other Knight like Knight Yumi here to help you. Or, if you ever want to spar, I'm certain me or anyone else here will gladly take you on, just be warned, don't expect people to go easy on you." Red continued. "Any questions so far?"

He turned to Padawan Dymo, who seemingly was in charge of the tour. "Have you shown the new kid to his room yet?" He asked.

Zak Dymo

Z
"I prefer Form Zero."

The Nautolan's head-tails nearly slapped Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek as the green skinned boy's head spun around to look at Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri with a look that spoke volumes. Like, what?

Wait, she was a Girl Jedi. The chit wasn't going to make sense, because there was no talking sense into a Girl Jedi. It was a dark side of apple scented hand lotion or whatever yoga pants were supposed to be. A pathway to things that some Nautolans considered to be unnatural.

Like that Form Zero, chit.

At least it seemed that the new kid knew what time it was. The introduction of k'thri was a welcome change of topic. "Sweet as, brah," the Nautolan remarked, before glancing at the Togruta and then Sky'ito Yumi Sky'ito Yumi who seemed to practice as well.

Dagos and Sky, he was on board with. Miss Form Zero and martial arts? Skeptical. "I prefer sholân ka, but most of the Jedi instructors here just offer zama-shiwo. Some of the Freedom Guards teach tae-jitsu though."

When Sky'ito explained that there were living arrangements for people with siblings, the boy immediately went, "Woah, really? That's so cool." Honestly he had no idea. Zak was an only kid. Or squid. Or squid kid. But, he could imagine having siblings being kinda cool?

“My guy, do you live in these dorms?”

Zak actually had to pause to think about that for a second. "I have one here," he mused aloud, then seemed to reconsider as he added, "I think."

Glancing back over to the new kid, the Nautolan explained, "There's an aquapolis on the other side of the canyon. Most of the aquatics usually sleep there." Mon Calamari or Quarren were totes not sleeping in beds. Nautolans or Tynnan's could swing it, but if Zak could get wet then his preference was always going to be a real water bed. "I have a sort of cavern I use there. It's only about forty meters under the water, so its, like, the right amount of cold and the right amount of pressure and the right amount of dark."

A brah with red hair came by. Zak was certain that he'd seen Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red around the enclave, but he didn't think he knew the brah's name.

"Sure," Zak offered, when asked about the room. Turning back to Dagos, the Nautolan offered, "Why don't you just take mine?"

Then he paused.

"The one on dry land, that is."

Dagos head snapped back deftly to avoid Zak’s head things came whipping toward him as the young man rounded on Kuxirra. Apparently she had said something out of pocket before she mentioned that she also knew K’thri, maybe he thought it was crazy that the alien girl knew any K’thri, Dagos sure thought it was crazy.

The older girl, who Dagos assumed must be Jedi because of her familiarity with how the rooms worked here and the way she dressed asked Dagos and Kuxirra if they would want to spar sometime in the future and Dagos had to suppress a derisive snort. He knew he could put it on that girl no problem or he knew it shouldn’t be a problem to put it on her BUT she was a Jedi and that could mean she would know some dirty trick to get in his head or something else.

“Hell yeah.” He answered Sky’ito with a “sup” nod and a smile. There was no better way to express the enthusiasm he had to show the Jedi what he could do.

"I prefer sholân ka, but most of the Jedi instructors here just offer zama-shiwo. Some of the Freedom Guards teach tae-jitsu though." Zak joined in offering his own martial experience. Maybe Dagos would fit in better than he would of guessed.

“No chit, my guy?” he asked with a half smile and half impressed tone.

As the group loitered outside of the dorms they were approached by a stranger with bright red hair. It wasn’t his hair however that caught the attention of the young Koruni boy. It was the arsenal attached to the stranger that really got Dagos attention, was this really how Jedi looked? He was as well armed and armored as some of the spacers that came through his dad’s nightclub. Once, Dagos recalled, there had been four of them that had come just as strapped as this guy, maybe even more armored head to toe with a T-shape in their helmets to look through. They were called Manda somethings or whatever, he wondered if this guy was a Manda, he tried to get a look at the guy’s helmet as he explained some of his duties around the temple.

For a bunch of monks these people sure talked about fighting...a lot. The armor wearing stranger didn’t even bother to introduce himself, he just launched right into a spiel about combat or survival training, sword fighting and marksmanship and chit here was another person who suggested sparring. Did Dagos just look like someone who you would want to get in a fight with? He hadn’t thought so but this morning was really making him start to question that.

"Any questions so far?" “Red” - Dagos decided to call him because of his hair- asked him.

“Nah, man. I’m good.” He lied. He was full of questions but wasn’t in the mood to ask them to some guy with ordnance strapped to his body while he was also surrounded by a crowd of strangers.

“ That’s what's up.” Dagos said when Zak offered to let him use his own dry land room. “Lead the way my guy, unless there is something else we need to do out here?”

Zak Dymo Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Sky'ito Yumi Sky'ito Yumi Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

"They added those in? Interesting....", she had to wonder if that was for all the enclaves in SJC space, sure certain planets would have them naturally but for other worlds did the SJC put the time into making environmentally specific dwellings for the other Jedi? Probably shouldn't be that hard right?

Sukai cocked an eyebrow at the newcomers eagerness or less to have a sparing match. It would seem he was quite confident in his ability to fight. It would be interesting to see what tricks the boy pulled along with her own, using the force and her own fighting style wasn't the only skill Sukai had on hand but best keep that a secret for now.
"I look forward to it, perhaps we can learn from one another". Speaking of which she needed to get a new Padawan assigned to her, something to discuss with one of the masters while she was here.

As the continued to talk her gaze fell on the strange Red Hair man as he approached. Though having been away for a while and not surprised by the number of new faces this man seemed odd to say the least. She couldn't quite put her finger on it but she had a gut feeling to keep an eye on them for the time being.

Zak Dymo Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom