Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bundling the Ashes into Bricks (ME Companies, PM for Invite)

Security was tighter than the actions of Death Watches past. Mandalore itself had undergone a metamorphosis in the last weeks. Mando’ade returning to their home planet, after banishment by Ra Vizsla. While the throne room laid vacant, the chosen heads of industry and invited engineers were ushered into the sub levels of the currently renovating Palace.

The Yalilyr Guard lined the halls, the only entrance and exit point on any map or record an insurmountable obstacle to any but those who received the Mand’ator’s invitation.

Mand’alor Haran Rekr stood behind one of the identical chairs around a round table, with a holoprojector in the centre. Dressed in her armour, Yasha’s grey cape folded over one of her arms, spilling over her front. Ambrose Vizsla and Ka’lo Farr flanked her, as several engineers from the Imperial Shipworks set out documentation for all the seats. As people were ushered in, Yasha gave them all tight smiles as she spoke with the engineers.

“I want the numbers from those vertical garden production rates before the end of the meeting… thank you, Alec.” Yasha put her hands on the back of her chair, and ran a tally in her mind. MandalMotors, MandalArms, Westar, Imperial Shipworks… they were filtered in, and the chatter was comforting to her ears. Baiko sat beside Yasha, happy to be chatting over numbers with another of her Imperial Shipworks Engineers.

“Welcome, everyone. Please take your seats and we can begin. It goes without saying that everything said in this room is strictly Most Secret. You are all given temporary clearance for this project, and any who wishes to exit now, may do so without further issue.” She waited, eyeing the people in the room.

“Okay. It’s time to rebuild Mandalore’s defensive and offensive capabilities. I want us to be so impenetrable that no faction in the Galaxy would dare attempt so much as a nibble on our home planet and our territory. We've given the Galaxy the impression that we're a bunch of rebuilding nomads, who are barely feeding our people and can't stand united. They're wrong. I want defences that cannot be broken, and I want a navy that makes fleet captains across the Galaxy shudder. We are not weak now, we will not be weak in the future, and I will not abide Mandalore being seen as some... charity backwater another day. So! You represent the best and brightest Mandalorians have to offer. So! Defending our Empire. Where do we start? Be creative. Give me options, and let’s secure this planet before the next inevitable threat shows up, eh?”
H9Zs3pc.png

[member="Dorn Skirata"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Gray Raxis"] | [member="Baiko no Kaho"] | [member="Shia Kryze"] | [member="Quoron Viszla"]

Orn'om

O
How was he still here?

The Mandalorian Exiles and the Rebellion seemed to be getting and intercepting MandalMotors shipments, and he had no doubt that would continue for some time. But now Dorn had him here, in the presence of several other Mandalorian companies and the Mand'alor herself. A representative from MandalArms began to speak and he wondered how such a small company got into the meeting in the first place.

Well, it was time to keep up impressions.

"I'm sure if need be Mand'alor Mantis could allocate funds for your expansion and MandalMotors has a few factories we wouldn't mind providing if additional labor was required. Its my experience that smaller companies do better when given a singular device or task." With a barely audible sigh he tapped a few buttons on the console he had brought with him that brought up a small planetoid, a moon to be exact.

"This is Zanj, a planet in the Dathomir system. I understand the Empire has acquired Kyber Crystals from Utapau. While any amount of Kyber Crystal is great, Zanj has been dealing with them for I don't know how long. Maybe MandalArms and the Empire could visit some of their companies. Their shield tech is far superior to our own at MandalMotors despite their companies being so much smaller. I'm sure it has something to do with their Kyber Crystals. As far as MandalMotors' records go, they've refused to work with us, probably because we are such a large company, but maybe MandalArms can convince them, or maybe even the Mand'alor herself could."

[member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Yasha Mantis"]

"Being nomads does not make us weak. But... I accept your point."

Shia was not in armour, and she listened politely to the points that were made.

"We need capital to expand operations - even MandalMotors - so I would suggest that investment in any new military equipment be met with sales to independant parties. I really don't care who, but obvious overt sales would be the CIS and some of the smaller alliances. If we want to supply grey market equipment... why not this Rebellion? Or any of the crime syndicates. Once we take those expanded sales, we can reposition ourselves as arms dealers to the galaxy again."

She smiles coldly.

"And arms dealers are generally well armed. Of course - we shouldn't restrict ourselves, the Raxis-Kryze Terraforming networks could make profitable sales to minor and major alliances, given how people seem to love glassing planets at the moment. Mandalore can be a showpiece for what can be achieved."

[member="Zeke Farthen"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Yasha Mantis"]

“Let’s set up a meeting on Zanj. [member="Kaine Australis"], [member="Shia Kryze"], care to take a stroll on another planet for the possibilities of shield tech? We’ll get MandalArms the help you need for production.” Yasha moved from behind her chair to sit upon it. She let her cape drape over her front, keeping one arm on her waist.

“Shia, you know I meant the barely feeding our people part, not the… oh you get it.” Yasha shook her head and pressed her fingers to her hairline. It was always comforting to see her friend and ally in the room. “We’re getting to be experts in terraforming and reversing ecological devastation. I agree, let’s use that to our advantage. We can easily get a rep for making eco-problems go away, and we can charge what we want for it.”

Yasha tapped one-handed at a data pad on the table, flicking between projection charts and income reports from across the Empire. Trade was beginning to flow, a sign of economic uptake after so many unpleasant times.

“I’ll be honest, Mand’alor the Undying left us in an awkward financial spot. Our losses on Utapau didn’t help, as much as we broke even on the crystals and our winter raids. We need income, as much as we need expansion of our military. I refuse to take another credit from Sith coffers again, which was, with MandalMotors, for a while about the only things keeping our local economy afloat. I’ve got an… old friend in the CIS, who might be willing to talk. I’m certain our redefined laws will help open that line a little wider… Okay. We’ve got potential shield tech from Zanj, potential for planetary defence cannons, give me more. That cannot be all you’ve got. Naval stations, planetary defence grids, new ships to replace the old… we’ve got one of the strongest navies in the Galaxy in our backyard, and I would love to stop sweating their leering red eyes at the back of our necks. I’m leaning toward this arms dealer and terraforming policy Shia’s cooking up. Anyone have any guff with it? I want us to have the capacity to take on all comers and win. We’re Mandalorians, that’s not too much to ask… speaking of all comers. [member="Zeke Farthen"], I’ve got reports you’re losing some shipments. We need to beef up your security. We can’t have MandalMotors losing stock. Anybody have any ideas on defensive armadas?”

[member="Quoron Viszla"] | [member="Deram Carid"] | [member="Gray Raxis"] | [member="Baiko no Kaho"]

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
"Clan Carid can provide some of that income," Deram said, seated on one of the numerous chairs around the table. He had been largely silent, listening, waiting for the time to mention how he could assist in the efforts being discussed. "We've always held a lot of land, mostly for farming. Once the terraforming is done, I can have those lands producing again rapidly... and then we can export, get those produce connections back, bring some of that underlining economic flow back to Manda'yaim."

With one fist resting on an armored thigh, the tall warrior sat forward, his heavy helmet on the table before him. He looked to the young Mand'alor, an Epicanthix like Deram himself, even if a little on the small side - around six-one or two, if he had to guess. She was fierce, which the tall warrior liked, and had grabbed opportunity when it had been presented. Not many did that.

"We can also assist in the terraforming efforts, if it pleases. With our bio engineering, we could potentially create initial crops capable of rapid growth, before eventually replacing those seeds with more common ones, with standard development cycles," Deram continued, looking to Shia with a nod. "Should you need it, I'm here to work with you and this arms dealer to get produce and production starting quickly. We have the methods, at any rate."

It was all preparation, really. So long as the terraforming worked, those old connections for produce export would slowly trickle back in. And while not an amazing source of income for the Mando'ade, at least initially, there had to be a solid foundation to rely on in the coming months and years, once things were panned out. Additionally, clan Carid had been prudent in the past, having taken samples of existing flora and fauna, ensuring that should something happen - like the cataclysm - there were options to bring back what may have been lost. In this instance, those Hunts would be filled with replicated creatures, effectively identical to existing prey in the past... save initially grown in a tube.

Still, better than nothing. And as close as anyone was going to get to the original thing, assuming nothing survived.

[member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Shia Kryze"] | [member="Zeke Farthen"] | [member="Quoron Viszla"] | [member="Gray Raxis"] | [member="Baiko no Kaho"]

Shia nods to [member="Deram Carid"].

"I should show you around the Eyrie - it's more than a personal vanity project. We're more than Mandalore, but it's still worth preserving. I'm happy to work with Carid then, well, there's got to be someone who needs our services and it sounds like you have another piece in ecological restoration."

She taps her fingers, giving Yasha a nod.

"Happy to help. I'm also... well, I'll show you the Huntress, Yash. Then we can talk about sourcing further Ionite. Because I think it's potential for really upsetting some of the major fleet tactics - or for other tactics, has been overlooked. I also want to revamp the old Venator-class lines and the smaller fast-attack frigates the One Sith designed off some of our older designs before the plague. Really take a long hard look at some of the older Mandalorian designs appropriate for limited or mass production runs."

She glances at Zeke.

"Yeah, my vod told me you'd lost a few shipments. Need some additional guards? You never did get back to me about those partnership arrangements. Kryze isn't floating in spare resources, but we can spare some ships. Heck, if there's a pattern I'm up for some old fashioned hunting personally."

Atsushi Ono

A
Dorn waved off Kryze's request.

"Its fine, its fine. I've already shifted some of the Shriek-Hawk's resources to MandalMotors for a time," he crossed his arms, "Though if you wanted ships, before Ra vanished he did commission several new models of our older ships. I'm sure you've seen at least one of them floating around MandalMotors since Utapau." He swiped across his screen and the holo-image of the plantoid Zanj moved in favor of two smaller images, ship designs.

"The Ash'amur II, Kandosii-Type IV, and the Rancor Pygmy II are all ready to be pushed into full production for the Mandalorian Empire. Our engineers are hard at work providing retrofits to our other older models as well as the last order and request of Ra Viszla. As far as defense stations, the cheapest option would be to reactivate the ones spread throughout Mandalorian space, the stronger option would be to begin production of Tra'kranak-class Fleet Control Stations on strategic worlds such as Mykyr, Mandalore, Dathomir and Concord Dawn."

He wasn't an engineer, but he could tell from the look on Zeke's face from across the room that Zeke thought he hadn't been paying attention to the goings on of MandalMotors simply because he didn't understand the building process.

"There are several other projects in the works on Location 6. Our teams have unearthed a massive starship that we had originally thought to be a city. I already have teams analyzing the data found, but it should be promising, especially considering that massive ship the Sith Empire has gotten a hold of." He took a deep breath.

"Though...I would like to point out the risk to our security Gilamar Skirata poses to the Empire, his escape with the aid of the same resistance Kryze suggests we arm and their Mandalorian Exile accomplices has its own set of problems, not to mention the thousands of prisoners released into our space in the aftermath."

[member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Deram Carid"] [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Kaine Australis"]

Being at the table since the beginning of the meeting, Gray had been holding his opinion back. There was plenty of companies here with a wide range of products that could be offered, so there was not much need right now for WESTAR or RID to be brought up. The focus seemed to be on big toys anyways and his company dealt in more personal sized ones, aside from RIDs latest push into the restoration and hospitable environment business. It started to become clear to him though that some of the issues would need to be addressed less on the large scale though and more on the small. This especially was becoming true after [member="Dorn Skirata"] finished speaking. Perhaps now was as good of a time as any to voice his opinion.

Gray cleared his throat a bit then said, " From the sounds of it, we need to focus some of our attention onto internal issues as well as the external threats. Alor Dorn, are these prisoners the force sensitive types or just those who sided with Mia's faction during the war? If they are, we need to offer them a second chance, an apology, and see about getting them back into Mandalore. Ra did more damage dividing our people than Mia and Ijaat did when they devastated our sacred world. They were given no good choice and we need to own up to that. If we do we can get some more people back home working on defending our culture and people rather than raiding it like a bunch of lowly pirates. That should help fix some of your issues as well with MandalMotor shipments and other trade." That opinion was out of the way, so it felt like a good time to move onto the next one once they had time to mull over things.

After the pause, Gray went on saying, " RID can supply more terraforming equipment and biodome generators, as well as work on some other projects such as purifiers to clean up the water for people to drink and use while it is being terraformed. WESTAR can provide arms and armor as well as attachments. We have a few items already, but we can also make some custom items for the Empire alone as well. Just let me know what is needed on arming and protecting our people. I'm also willing to sign any contracts with companies here for the use of silicar in their products. Just let me know if you want to use it and it will be taken care of." With that he left things there. For his end it was mostly needing to know what they needed for personnel rather than telling them what to buy.

[member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Deram Carid"] [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Kaine Australis"]

[member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Dorn Skirata"] [member="Deram Carid"] [member="Yasha Mantis"]

"I know this is going to make me sound like the nomad from the Rim I was, but who is Gilamar Skirata - and what was the... big deal with that prison break? I checked our records, it's a high security holding facility for people that other governments wanted rid of and the Shriek-Hawk's were willing to take on for cash. Which... isn't a bad gig, I suppose."

Shia sounds a little dubious at that. She leans forward slightly, deliberately taking the conversation off topic. Something just... felt a little wrong between the MandalMotors people.

"Have you identified who this Resistance were trying to rescue? Or are we just... vassals of the Sith to them? I sometimes get all these splinters of the Alliance or the Republic mixed up - this one specifically targets the Sith Empire, doesn't it? I've seen the posters."

Jaster was at the meeting from the beginning, he was invited by Mand'alor [member="Yasha Mantis"] to possibly help with the little he could. The United Trading Conglomerate had accounts and Trading Post from the First Order Fringe Space to the Core Worlds of Alderaan and Anaxes. The Mandalorian Home world was at its farthest reach of their Trade Empire. He was a new member of the Mandalorian Companies in the system so he stayed quite for most of the meeting, but hearing the problems, he might be more of a solution then he thought. His first action was to raise his hand to gain their attention and looked to the MandalMotors Reps, [member="Zeke Farthen"], [member="Kaine Australis"], and [member="Dorn Skirata"]. "Actually, we might be able to assist with your raiding problem, the UTC doesn't have a massive defensive fleet to protect all our interest, so to compensate we navigate and plan special routes through nebulas and dark space," He didn't have the data to show the people here, so he did his best to describe the routes he was using now to supply them, "Right now we use an old route that Smugglers used that tracks between Aquaris and Tanaab, from there it navigates through the Hapes Consortium and ends at Commenor, where all goods are traded, is you allow us to transport your goods, you can use security for other needs like the defense of Mandalore."

He then looked over to [member="Shia Kryze"], "We may also be able to help you with the transportation of Arms, we have contacts all along the Hutt Territories as well as most of the Outer Rim, we can help with anything you may need, but Commenor is your best bet in neutral Trade, as that's how we get our goods into waring nations, need any help just reach out to me and I'll get it done."

The last person he looked to was [member="Gray Raxis"], the man who was rebuilding Mandalor on his own back. Terriforming Technology was very hard to come but and he knew several Colony worlds that would love the machine as well as some wealthy clients looking to make a moon their personal paradise. "The Terraforming Machines you have are really some interesting tech, I'm still in the process of getting the gasses and elements needed to rebuild Mandalore Landscape, though if your looking to sell those machines, I might know some buyers, Corrillia for instance is looking to rebuild as well."

[member="Deram Carid"]

Atsushi Ono

A
He grunted. Of course, he forgot that so much new blood had entered the high ranks of confidence on Mandalore. He wondered how one could be Mandalorian and not know the man. It was time for a short history lesson then.

"Gilamar Skirata," he started, "was the Alor of House Skirata before the end of the Civil War and my cousin. He was called Mand'alor the Builder because he prefered to spend his time building toys than taking back what was rightfully ours." A little too passionate there. He grumbled. "Arguably he was one of the more culturally influential of the Mand'alors since the Plague. He was about the polar opposite of Ra Viszla and had his hand in building most of the new mines, military stations and starships we use today."

He sighed.

"Which is why his escape is so bad for us. He knows our tech in and out, and we are his enemy. He may like to tinker, but Gilamar Skirata is one of the best Bes'uliik riders of the Mandalorian people. I know I wouldn't want to fight him alone." Good, no one had asked why he was imprisoned when records said he was dead. Probably an oversight from the new young generation.

"The other prisoners...well...They weren't Ra's political prisoners. They are true threats. Murderers, killers, terrorists from all over the Galaxy. One name in particular brought me worry..." He swiped his hand over Zeke's datapad, the image of a fearsome Gen'Dai filled the holo display.

"Scour. Leader of the Ten Thousand Fists, a medium sized band of Gen'Dai pirates who also happen to hate Mandalorians. Their leader was a Dark Jedi master of an estimated 3,000 years old. That entire prison...Was made for him. No doubt they'll be a pain in our arse before long. And to be honest, we don't want to tangle with them."

"And the Resistance fights whoever they want in their childish crusade, these Exiles and Gilamar are a higher priority in my opinion."

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Deram Carid"] [member="Yasha Mantis"]

Orn'om

O
"B-but to get back on topic...If any of these projects are going to be completed, we will most likeley all need the full backing of the Mandalorian Empire."

Zeke would prefer to not be on the subject of who they should be fighting and who what person was in the past. All of those things brought them closer to finding out about Zeke. While right now they didn't have any enemies per say, he had no doubt that the Mandalorians would send him to prison for putting their supply shipments in danger.

"MandalMotors would also love to sponsor individual projects like advanced blaster tech and shield tech, but that would have to be handled outside of this meeting." He nodded to the other company leaders here. "Splitting up the work and letting a large manufacturer like MandalMotors and the Mandalorian Empire would make the process much faster and put more food in the mouths of our people."

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Deram Carid"] [member="Yasha Mantis"]

Less of an oversight, more of a leading question.

Shia nodded to [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] conversationally. "Kryze has mobile units to work with the Raxis units. We'd be delighted to work with say, the Corellians. I... have a low tolerance for planet-killers, these days."

She turned her glittering, bladelike amber eyes back to [member="Dorn Skirata"].

"Yes, he does seem like someone we need to hunt down. But we do have plenty of bounty hunters, on the other hand it might provide good exercise for a lot of the newer vod, providing we sent some experienced hands along to make sure he doesn't rend them all limb from limb. He's also on the official manifest the Hawk's filed when the prison was built." She tapped away at her datapad. "Gilamar Skirata, Mand'alor the Builder... isn't." She frowns, without theatrics at all. "Actually, now that I check, TSAC records from the restoration list him as among the dead traitors."

Her tone was conversational, but threatening - no automatic assumption of anything, other than that something odd was clearly going on. She took the time to glance over at [member="Zeke Farthen"] seeking his reaction to the conversation.

“Alor [member="Deram Carid"], Alor [member="Shia Kryze"], the Imperial Shipworks has engineered urban vertical garden structures for Mandalore’s biodome cities, and the outlying areas. I am more than happy to surrender some of their uses to your seed mixes, and adding to the economy as we can.”

The Atrisian-garbed woman sat in perfect prim posture, folding her hands on the table in front of her. She was but a servant of the Mantis Household until recent days, a placeholder for Yasha’s eventual adulthood by corporate. “I have a proposition for the Empire. As many are unaware, Mand’alor’s mother, [member="Aditya Mantis"], was the CEO of the Imperial Shipworks and Imperial Mining Company. While our base of operations was on Atrisia for some time, as the existing CEO, I would like to move our Headquarters to Cold Iron City. I propose the transferring of our Jade Cradle Shipyard to Mandalorian space. During the upheaval of Aditya’s death, the company was left fallow, now it is time to reclaim it. An extra shipyard would go quite the ways to, ‘beefing up’ as you put it?”

Watching [member="Zeke Farthen"]'s face, Baiko's eyes narrowed. He'd been suspiciously uncomfortable that day she and Silas tracked down the FO spy in MandalMotors, yet to Baiko's senses that discomfort could have been anything between a pebble in his shoe to grand treason. Now, with such heat passing through the room, the Echani-Kiffar wondered further.

"There have been reports from our, and I use this term mildly, 'allies' in the Sith Empire of a band of resistance using Mandalorian-made weapons and supplies... if it is this... anti-Sith group wishing to purchase armaments for their campaign... is there not room for our neutrality to sell to whomever wishes to use our materials for the right price? Oh, pardon me, how rude of me for saying something of the sort... I am becoming Mandalorian after all. How terrible is it for the honour of MandalMotors to know there have been times where you could no longer guarantee the safety of your shipments. How lovely that now we can all assure you, no more losses to your company's coffers will be made." Baiko stared directly at Zeke as she spoke, this business between Skirata, the prison and now the lost shipments was making the woman uneasy.

"As for Mand'alor the Builder, would it not be better to offer some form of apology or reparation? It is clear no one in the Mandalorian Government knew he was there. This was not an official act of the Mand'alor, but the act of someone working alone. We must strengthen the bonds between all of us, companies and individuals and guard ourselves from retribution, while wishing the man as well as we can. It is the respectful thing to do... although perhaps modifying our technology to take away some of his advantage would be an incredible plus. I for one do not wish to send any of our people into battle with equipment which could be reverse engineered instantaneously by a man who holds a grudge. Pardon me if I speak out of turn, or in disregard of some greater 'Mandalorian' cultural sensibility."

“Ra’s last order for ships stands. As for the stations, [member="Dorn Skirata"], I’ve already reactivated them. It was the first thing I did after returning from Dathomir. They’re crewed below capacity, but they’re working. We could use more crews and upkeep, but they’re operational. I still think they’re not enough. Not with the powers we have around us.” Yasha placed her fist on the table lightly, leaning forward as the conversations began to get both heated, and intriguing.

“Gilamar Skirata never should have been in that prison in the first place. It wasn’t Ra’s intent to have him waste away his elder years in a hole, and it sure as heck isn’t mine… When I was a child, Ra sat me at the foot of his throne, and taught me history. Mand’alor the Builder was one of the great leaders of our past Ra looked up to. Alor Skirata was supposed to be respected, and given a place of honour to live out the rest of his days. Instead, someone turned cruel and I want to know who did it. Ra taught me to honour Gilamar’s name in my daily prayers… feels weird to pray about a guy that’s still living. I know it’s folly to think we can turn all our enemies into friends, but we had no business being ignorantly complicit in the wrongful imprisonment of that man.” Heaving a hefty sigh, Yasha continued to listen to the conversations between [member="Shia Kryze"], [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"], [member="Deram Carid"] and [member="Dorn Skirata"]. Even [member="Baiko no Kaho"] went at it. [member="Zeke Farthen"] looked about ready to sneeze… or become even smaller in his chair.

“You look uncomfortable, Farthen. If you know where your lost shipments went, say so. If you know anything you wish to speak of in private, away from the others, I will give the opportunity. We all have had our mishaps, and none of us are blameless in our lives. We can but come to a place of honesty here, with each other, and then let the past die, so we can focus only on the rebuilding and expansion of our people.”

There was something indeed amiss. “It’s as I said in the Pub, those who wish to return to Mandalore and the Empire, are welcome to do so. Cin Vhetin. Everyone gets a chance at a clean slate. But… those who have no desire for that slate cannot continue making trouble for us to their own glorified vanity. We will defend our own. The Mighty Don’t Kneel, and those who attack us must be dealt with harshly. It is my belief that the Exiles will turn away from Mandalore to other targets once they realize we will not abide them. If they further cause us trouble, we will end it. Shia, I leave the handling of the Exiles and the escaped prisoners to you and Dorn… Who wants to lead the team hunting down Scour and his Gen’Dai mooks? Put bounties up, I like us pairing newer bounty hunters with the experienced for this. I would lead the force myself, but… my first priority is to oversee the rebuilding of Mandalore, and ensure we are a people of strength once again.”

A further reason for Yasha’s turn away from immediate battle lied hidden in her belly. While nearly impossible to guess yet, from looking, Yasha continued to take precautions so her pregnancy was not seen. Jaster brought up many good points, space lanes used carefully would be even more integral to Mandalorian economy and defence in the coming months.

“Buir [member="Gray Raxis"], [member="Baiko no Kaho"] and I have a date with Lady Kay and Commenor. Commenor will be good to us, we are family, after all. Right Buir? If there is a way of strengthening that tie through all this? And it helps our economy? I would take it in a heartbeat… Farthen, you have some ideas for those special armaments, I trust? Build us something which makes Force Masters shake.”

Atsushi Ono

A
She prayed to Gilamar? Behind his helmet he grimaced in a mixture of confusion and disgust. That old man was hardly worth the praise he was given. Baiko's and Mantis' suggestion on paying for more guards to patrol and escort MandalMotors shipments irked him. Someone had to be leaking information to someone and he would find out who. It made him look bad, and when people under him made him look bad he got furious. Truthfully he didn't want to spend the extra credits on hiring outside of his own companies, but it seemed the Mand'alor was making a heavy handed suggestion. It was best to appease her he decided after noting Yasha's comments on Gilamar.

"I suppose MandalMotors can afford to hire out other mercenary companies. Zeke will contact you all soon with offers." His name caused Zeke to flinch. The man gave away more than he realized. He was truly a coward at heart and that eyesore of a prosthetic only served to make him look like a fool.

Maybe it was time to start watching him closely again.

The mention of Commenor raised eyebrows. "If I'm not mistaken the Shriek-Hawk company has an operative there...A Gogi training their military forces."

Shia sat back silently, privately wondering if she simply rammed Dorn's head through the table, if anyone could care. He'd been good about offering her employment, but something here was getting completely beyond a joke and it was... irking her.

Shia Kryze was just about done with the inner conflicts of the Mandalorians.

Which... was why she shouldn't start another one, they wouldn't under the subtle cultural nuances of the Rattataki social interaction as presented through a sudden an abrupt challenge to unarmed combat. So she'd let Yasha carry the flag for a few more minutes.

Seemed that Gray had misunderstood who this prison was for, and it made it all the more complicated with what both [member="Dorn Skirata"] and [member="Shia Kryze"] had to say on the matter. He couldn't say he was all that connected with what exactly had been going on in the greater Mandalorian Empire's territory, as his focus was solely on Mandalore herself right now, but it seemed there was a lot of secrets still being hidden thanks to Ra's regime. It was not a good situation at all. Was there a need to look into exactly what was going on here or should he let others handle it? Hard to say with so little information one way or the other.

When [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] spoke, it got Gray's attention. Seemed the man had some aid to offer in the form of clients and also materials, once they got themselves to that stage of repairs. Best to give an answer right now while he could. " Any clients you know of would be appreciated. If there are others in need of restoring their planets than I would be happy to help by selling to them. Even just boosting sales would help out Mandalore as I plan to get more facilities built around her. Means more jobs for our people and more income flowing." Hopefully this would be beneficial to both sides, but for now he needed to focus more on his company and Mandalore profiting.

The conversation didn't leave a pause for long after Gray had replied to Jaster before it shifted again. It was becoming less economics and more security talks as things went on. There was even the mentions of Gilamar and tensions building. He was doing his best to obey the laws by not even using force sight, but he couldn't stop the passive sensations of emotions coming his way. He felt the suspicion, the nervousness, and the frustration. It was getting a little out of hand. He tapped the top of the table a few times with the back of his gauntlet loud enough to get attention onto him. After he said, " Everyone calm down. If there is things that you want to say or need to be said then do it. Secrets aren't going to help any of us. If you don't want to say it here then tell [member="Yasha Mantis"] about it in private. Remember that we all share a common goal here of getting Mandalore back into shape and helping each other profit in the process. What is good for the group is good for the individual here. Remember we are all Mandalorians here." He was stepping a bit out of line, but it was getting too out of hand for him. They were Mandalorians after all not squabbling senators in the Republic or nobles from the Imperial nations. " Alor Dorn, if you have someone in Commenor training them then that is good news. Are you fine with us bringing that up with my sister Kay? We won't if you aren't."

[member="Deram Carid"] [member="Kaine Australis"]

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
"A tour of the Eyrie sounds good, I look forward to it." Deram said in response to Shia.

Deram then listened.

His face remained stoic, showing very little, save the odd glance at certain mentions of people and places - such as the prison. But all in all, Deram had little to add beyond what he had mentioned. At this point, he was a silent observer, listening to the proceedings and taking in what was said, should there be need of information or witness at a later date. In the past, the leader of Clan Carid had served in similar capacities, offering his opinion on events to assist past Mand'alors and ensure stories were told straight. Some of the older generations would probably remember Deram as being very honest and truthful, especially when it came to retelling a past event.

Nonetheless, the conversation was proving interesting, and Deram couldn't help but let a small smirk on his face. It had never ceased to amaze him how argumentative Mandalorians were, even when trying to work together, some inherent need being there to seek conflict and challenge. Likely pride, which was bred into the culture, but hadn't been properly directed. Still, it was up to those present to determine their own level of cooperation, and at which point the importance of the people and planet took precedence over petty grudges or past deeds. Granted, not everything was so simply quantified, but in the grand scheme of trying to restore a world, most other issues paled in comparison...

Deram continued to listen, smiling. He enjoyed this. It would be amusing to retell in several years...

[member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Shia Kryze"] | [member="Zeke Farthen"] | [member="Quoron Viszla"] | [member="Gray Raxis"] | [member="Baiko no Kaho"]

Atsushi Ono

A
He nodded in agreement with Gray as he spoke of secrets. It seemed the Mando'ade held many of these as of late.

"That is fine Raxis. If I'm not mistaken the Gogi was a military adviser, helping them train an effective military. He'll be glad to see the vode after being in that system for so long." He leaned back in his chair.

[member="Deram Carid"][member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Yasha Mantis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom