Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken Chains of Broken Hearts

"Vehicle on approach."

A black mask lifted to gaze out across the open plain where a hovercraft swept across the expanse. "Eyes on target?"

"Negative. Could be 'customers.'"

Standing on the face of a cliff, a lone figure turned its attention back to the slaver encampment below. It was nested close to a mountainous outcropping where they'd set up in a shallow cove that also helped provide some additional cover from the sides. Tonight Kahli had opted to approach them from the side they felt supremely confident was unassailable -- the vertical rock-face at their back. A rope kept her suspended while her on-board identifier scanned the figures below. Every now and then one was zoomed in on, but so far they hadn't identified the one they'd come for.

"I'm going in," the Umbaran declared after a few moments. Her fingers wrapped about the rope once more as she disengaged the locking mechanism that'd spared her the effort in opposing gravity.

"Copy. We'll keep watch."

It would be a pain if some Sith battalion waltz up with her down on the ground. Certainly hoped they'd give her a heads up if anything so outrageous popped up on the radar. At the moment, however, she focused on slowly descending with careful placement of her feet and a gradual release of the rope. Only so much a stealth field could do. Be hell if someone heard her coming; there wasn't a lot of cover out there.

When she neared the ground, Kahli released the rope after she'd bent her knees and pushed off gently from the wall. A practiced art of a silent drop helped avoid any sharp noises, but the black-garbed woman still made for the back of a nearby tent to stay out of sight. No one had noticed the rope yet in the dark, but then it wasn't made to stand out. Should be more than enough time left to begin sweeping the camp on foot for the target.

A moderate to large sized slaver camp, various tents and pens had been setup throughout the cove for comfort, merchandising, and imprisonment. What had frustrated Kahli's efforts so far, however, had been the keeping of high value merchandise -- slaves -- inside one or more of the tents. Relatively low value merchandise were in cages for people to see the moment they drove or strode up; the common assortment most people bought, and were often found in every slaver camp. Spread throughout the tents and pens, however, were your rabble -- the slavers themselves. Well organized, armed, and seemingly not drunken fools berating their merchandise, Kahli expected they were one of the more successful slavers that had moved into this region looking for new sources of goods to acquire and sell. Good enough they'd managed to catch the one Kahli was searching for and now were awaiting a whale to come fish him out. Someone that'd cost too much money to outright buy without drawing attention. That's where the infiltration came in.

Tag: [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"]​

To say stardust was a little upset was a understatement

While investigating a message for help coming from these coordinates stardust was ambushed and taken captive. Sadly to say these werent her usual slavers ans knew exactly what they were doing given the fact that one of those same lizards was setting right in front of her face...albeit you could really see her face much as they made sure she could turn anyone to crisp, poor Jenkins for finding that out before they put a muzzle on her

Setting back best she could stardust watched movement at her tent, facing the back she could vaguely see someone moving about but wasnt sure if it was a shadow or someone outside. Looking around she moved a bit making the steel chains rattle and make some noise while growling out before stopping and huffing in annoyance
[member="Allura Kahli"]

Kahli didn't move at the sounds coming from inside of the tent. Even if it was a slave, no one needed to know she was there. This wasn't a free-the-slaves mission. If that had been the primary objective there'd be Jedi crawling all over the place, probably delivering a few haughty speeches, and going on about how slavery was bad. All things that had no place in a properly executed infiltration.

When the noise settled down, Kahli slowly crept around the outside of the tent. One foot slowly and precisely placed to avoid grinding dirt or rock against the ground. A kukri was held in her right hand in case things got violent, but she did everything to avoid a conflict until the target was secured.

Slowly the entrance to the tent was pushed open by a ghost. The flap seemed to move on its own to most people. Even to someone sensitive in the Force it was difficult to impossible to pick up on who or what was near. Kahli was no Jedi, but she knew how to hide her presence. They had a fancy name for it, but the Umbaran never bothered to remember it. Did it matter? It was no arcane spell made stronger through name magic or some nonsense. It worked, and that was enough.

When the flap fell closed once more silence followed. The HUD of Kahli's helmet keyed in on certain physical attributes of the Twi'lek captive. An impressive array, actually. Some of the modifications weren't cheap either. And the muzzle? Not standard equipment, Kahli wagered. There had to be a reason for it, and 'biting' hardly seemed a problem these slavers worried about.

With the examination completed, the stealth field rippled and then collapsed to reveal the woman in black from head to toe. The kukri slid back into place along her back as a small pick popped into view between her fingers. "If you don't make any noise, I'll free you." Simple arrangement. Should be easy enough to follow. If the Twi'lek showed signs of not being able to be a good released slave, however, Kahli had somewhere to be.

Tag: Stardust Solus Skirae​

[member="Allura Kahli"]

It moved away, stardust hoped it was one of those slavers she scared off...that or she was about to get shocked to high hell. Closing her eyes she focused on keeping herself calm, to many collateral nearby to go all out then again with that lizard nearby she could do much. Sighing she opened her eyes

Movement behind her, the flap opened as if by a random breeze and yet none was felt on her skin. Looking best she could she didnt see anyone entering until she looked forward towards a woman in all black raising a brow she looked to the pick and chuckled quietly

took them a bit to send someone...I'll remain quiet just get me out of these and kill that damned lizard

Oh? Kahli's eyes fell to the lizard that was suppressing Force usage. "Good." The kukri slid free and was sent sailing through the air into the lizard's head. That did make a thump with the blade embedded in the wood beneath the lizard. A minor noise given the green one's rattling of chains. Still, best not to stand around idle.

"Have you seen a Red Sith?" Kahli asked as she strode forward to retrieve the kukri and wipe the blood upon the hard ledge of its former perch. "I have business with them." Perhaps this woman had been kept in the tent unable to see anyone else in the camp, but there was no reason not to ask.

Slowly she neared the shackled woman to begin work on freeing her of the bondage. Of course, Kahli would stall until she heard the answer to his question. Picking the locks were trival; determining if it was worth the effort, however, was something only time revealed.

[member="Allura Kahli"]

Watching that lizard die made her chuckle, feeling the force returning to her once more. She nearly melted the chains but yet had a feeling the one before her wouldnt like her being loud all of a sudden given the stealth

thought I've felt something dark around here, but sad to say I havent seen anyone since I've gotten here cept for a few servant that fed me bits of scraps

She moved somewhat feeling the bonds being toyed with and kept her ears and force out to feel for any movement nearby

suppose I should introduce myself, I am stardust Skirae of zeltros, gotta thank you for getting me out of the mess but I am curious myself...what business do you have with Sith

The shackles would pop open for Skirae to work herself free. Meanwhile, Kahli's left hand reached back for the grip of the other kukri hidden there at the woman's question. There were several options at this point. Each could take this conversation and their meeting in a few different directions. For now, she opted to actually respond rather than evade, "To kill him."

As she slowly stepped back and circled back around before the Twi'lek, her eyes were on Skirae from behind the mask. Did the green woman know the Red Sith and was trying to find a threat to their continued existence? An elaborate trap, or perhaps one merely born of circumstance?

"He possesses knowledge that threatens countless lives on multiple planets. I will make sure it does not leave this camp," she explained in what might otherwise be an uncharacteristically honest information dump to someone Kahli had just met. Then again, none of it would matter not more than an hour from now.

Now it was her turn. "Why were you being held captive?" Not that the woman wasn't pretty, but most slaves were entertainment. Some were servants. Given Skirae's 'enhancements' neither role seemed well suited for her. So what had the slavers hoped to gain by holding her there? Of course, that was assuming they'd acquired her to be sold and not because the Twi'lek had drawn attention to herself.

Stardust chuckled quietly hearing that, both her objective and the sound of the bonds freeing as she pushed agaisnt them and let then fall away as she hopped down and removed her mask taking a deep breath

well, only good with nowadays is a dead one

She stretched her arms out, not that it mattered much for her arms but it was out of reaction. She wore a body suit tell tell sign that the twilek had armor before her unfortunate predicament

well, I got a distress signal from this sector. It didnt say what the danger was just a cry for help and I know this area is unfortunately riddled with pirate ans slaver activity so I gathered a small group and came this way. We were ambushed when we landed, not sure where my men are at but I've to guess their being held captive as well

Turning towards her bonds she looked them over, grabbing one of the chains she focused and melted then off its post then swung them gently

if you will allow me, I shall assist you in eliminating this Sith if you can help me retrieve my armor and help free my men after we take care of this Sith

[member="Allura Kahli"]

Kahli smiled when the woman offered to help. "Let's find your gear, and then your people first."

Even if the woman was being perfectly honest, soon as the Red Sith was killed the camp was probably going on high alert. Second the target was eliminated stealth no longer mattered. That had been her original plan, and now there were people in her way; the sooner they weren't a factor to deal with, the better her chances. Of course, Kahli could always leave them to suffer the inevitable chaos; but then Stardust here might complicate extraction.

"Your gear is probably in their supply tent. It shouldn't be far." No need for them to keep alien gear close to the front lines wasting space. Kahli turned and moved back toward the tent flap to pull it aside enough to look out into the camp. Probably would have been better to leave the Twi'lek behind. Looked like she could handle herself, however, so she might turn out to be an asset.

"Stay close," the Umbaran whispered as various guards shifted positions outside. She ducked out and held the flap open long enough for Stardust to follow. The black-garbed figure stayed low to the ground as she quickly moved across the open gap between tents. Large one off to the side caught her eye; probably the leader's. Not the target right now, but it was marked on a mental map.

A gesture indicated they should circle the next tent as a guard began to turn back in their direction. Kahli kept it between them and the blaster-wielding man on patrol to stretch his legs this far into camp.

After he'd strode about in a circle, his path took him back out toward the front again. Kahli waved for Stardust to circle around and slip inside the tent now that it was clear.

"Check the bags in here for your gear. And how many is a 'small group' that came with you? Can they fight?" Might as well start planning on how they could make themselves useful in the near future.

[member="Allura Kahli"]

we make it out I owe ya one

Stardust crouched low, felt like the old days sneaking around, looking to the umbaran she nodded quietly and looked around as her eyes adjusted to the dark....bigger base then she thought for sure

figured that as well, armor isn't standard issue and they like my my blasters, sword, and light sabers there if they havent killed themselves with em yet

Moving close she looked around, easily she could start setting things ablaze however might ruin her new friends mission and star didnt feel like doing that might be her ticket off this damned rock

right behind ya

Indeed she was, moving when she did around the tents, eyes out for anything unexpected. Not minding the big tent she made it across and slowed herself down looking to this woman and nodded at the hand signal following her

Circling around on command she slipped inside and looked around seeing her armor scattered on a table along side her weapons

found em, and about 5 including myselfdidnt think I'd be going up agaisnt something this big

She said as she started quickly getting her armor on, rolling her shoulder as she grabbed her helmet and slipped it on before attaching her weapons. The already powerful looking twilek looked almost menacing with her assortment of weapons...one which included a launcher

figure this could help us eventually

Kahli looked at the woman as she hefted a launcher. Now what had the Twi'lek planned to do with that originally? But now? Yeah, something like that could get an assassin to smile.

"Later, we should talk employment opportunities," the Umbaran remarked as she peeked out of the tent through the flap. Stardust had a nice look to her, and a look in her eye. Seemed like the woman had been holding back earlier in some impulse after being freed.

Five. "Let's go. Saw someone led into a tent in chains. We'll start there." Sooner they found Stardust's people, the sooner they could put a nice dent in this operation -- which, really, would be nothing more than a cover for Kahli's true purpose for being there.

Once more she darted out into the night. Her boots barely made any sound at all as she crossed from one upright object to another. Every now and then she paused, ducked down, and waited for someone's eyes to find somewhere less important to occupy themselves. If they could keep their presence hidden until Stardust's people were found it would make the chaos that followed all the sweeter.

At the next tent, Kahli motioned for Stardust to take the lead this time. A kukri slipped free from the Umbaran's back ready to cut down any guards inside if necessary, or to make sure no reinforcements stumbled across them in the middle of making an entrance.

[member="Allura Kahli"]

well, besides running a planet I could use something in the field. Call of the war drums keep calling this old dragon of war

Putting the launcher securely on her back she got low, stardust would actually make a effort to be quiet for once.yet still that impulse to absolutely light this place to hell roared to be released and yet she held back as to not compromise her new friends mission

copy that. Following on your six

Once her new friend darted out stardust followed a bit behind, given she was much much larger and likely more equipped for a fight she could handle being caught with no issue. Pausing when she did stardust visor switch to night vision giving a better view a whole 360 around her. Catching up she looked to the tent seeing a guard posted out and nodded

time to get some pay back

Stardust snuck close carefully and slowly before she stopped and then like a snake snapping she grabbed the man and snapped his neck with her hand firmly wrapped around it. Setting him down she looked inside seeing guys beating in one of her own. 3 others setting there unmoving...bastards

two guys in there, I can take the right one you can get the left

Allura nodded in agreement with the Twi'lek's plan. Three fingers were held up and fell to coordinate the breach. The moment all were down, the Umbaran swept in through the opening with a beeline toward the left side of the tent as instructed. She was a shark among the stars, and the guard Stardust tagged as an enemy was her prey.

The kukri curved about the guard's throat, and then was drawn back the way it had come. Their only warning was the firm hand against their upper back to prevent them from stepping back from the assault. Uninterested in watching the light fade from their eyes, Kahli shoved the man forward and off to the side. Let him bleed out somewhere else; they no longer mattered.

With a sharp turn, Kahli's eyes sought the second guard to ensure they had been dispatched as well. Not that she didn't believe Stardust could handle herself, but they had just met. A true evaluation of her capabilities hadn't been performed. With that well in hand, however, the captives would draw her gaze next. Unlikely the slavers had replaced one with one of their own on the almost impossible chance of rescue, but you didn't survive in the world of assassination working solely on probability. Paranoia kept you alive.

"I'll guard the door." The woman would probably want to check on and free her own. Allura would help if it was needed, but otherwise keeping the area secure seemed more pressing.

[member="Allura Kahli"]

A shark and a dragon, while the woman moved left stardust went right ans was no less brutal, the chain she had grabbed when she was released went around his throat and then twisted roughly crushing his air way and the soon his neck leaving him hanging there. Grabbing the chain she hung the man

there more fitting position

She said to herself and turned back to her men, 3 had perished already no signs of them being alive at all with the last man being beaten. She moved to the bounds and focused on them using shatterpoint to make them crumble and catching him before he stood in his own

3 dead only got one survivor, onto the next part in which I've a plan...I'll tun a distraction so you can get to your target or hell maybe he'll cone out himself...what ya say? I can create some fireworks

She patted the launcher and got a big grin on her fa e

Kahli turned her head back to look at the green woman. Three casualties, one survivor. Two able to fight. What was better was how Stardust had read the Umbaran's mind. "That sounds like the perfect idea," she replied with a small smile in its wake. Exactly what she'd been thinking the entire time. Though at this point it seemed unlikely Stardust was a counter-operative. It was possible, but the enemy would have had to know Kahli was coming to set something this elaborate up. Still possible the woman would want the Red Sith for herself, however.

"Let's do this. Make as much noise as you like. We'll hook up after." She'd wait a moment in case Stardust had more to say, but then the Captain would slip out of the tent.

Her form vanished soon as she left the tent as the stealth generator kicked on. Now that there wasn't any need to be visible so Stardust could follow, better to slink back into the heart of the camp out of sight. And in case the green girl got any ideas about using that weapon on Kahli. Paranoia just came with the job.

The strike would wait a spell for Stardust's "signal." Kahli expected it would be quite a scene.

[member="Allura Kahli"]

She nodded, looking to her remaining squad member as she made a hand motion for grenade and tossed him one from her belt. She instructed him to set it to medium yield and told him to wait one as she raised the launcher and aimed for a guard tower

one star special coming right up!

She said ans fired the rocket at the guard tower, at the same moment the man tossed towards the other side and both exploded loudly shaking the field as she let out a war cry and started blowing fire towards a few of the slavers coming out of their tents sending them cowering back in ans spreading the fire

hahaha kiss this!

She said as she drew her westar and started firing avoiding the slave pens for now as she needed to cut down these slavers before releasing them...that and get transportation

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom