Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Broke Down Mountain

Broke Down Mountain
valley-of-the-yosemite-albert-bierstadt1.jpg!Large.jpg

Tags: Millia Korraay Millia Korraay

Mi'la grimaced as she felt the strain of gravity on her arms, attempting in vain to pull her down. She didn't give though, merely hanging onto the cliff face, as she took in several breaths, finding her flow in the force, and slowly reaching for it. Finding it, she grabbed at the alien sensation, and let it flow into her. She pulled herself up, her legs following up behind her, as Mi'la allowed herself to flip up and over the cliff, making two full flips before she landed, her sabers clapping against her hips. It was a little extra, yes, but it felt nice to be able to try and put forward the effort for such maneuvers. Besides, it was good exercise.

Rakata Mountain was something of a intermediate mountain range to climb, not dangerous by any means, but for a jedi it was something to keep oneself limber and alert. As she stood on the break in the mountain climb, she began to stretch, waiting for her companion to arrive. Mi'la had elected to free climb this range, putting herself at risk yes, but it was something she felt she had to do to ensure her force connection remained solid. To her new friend, the Twi'lek was an oddity in the force, almost a hole in the living force that they might not have seen before, yet no harm would come to them due to it. Mi'la herself hardly understood the nature of her condition, but one thing she was certain about, was that she was feeling a heck of alot better since she returned from the Living Sea.

Tags: Mi'la Undari Mi'la Undari

Millia Korraay had not been a Jedi Knight for long. She had struggled through her Padawanship. Her Master, who on first glance she thought was a perfect fit, turned out to be an adventure hungry warrior. The pairing was filled with trials and tribulations, but in the end it turned out to be beneficial for both Master Velieris and Millia. Velieris learned that she was not a good fit for the New Jedi Order and its diplomacy and slow mechanizations. While Millia learned that sometimes adventure wasn’t a bad thing. And that there was more to being a Jedi than merely having the ability to use the Force.

Belkadan would be Millia’s first solo mission, well sort of. She was actually to team up with a fellow Jedi, but one from the Silver Jedi not the New Jedi Order. Like everything Millia did her due diligence on Mi'la Undari. There were so many similarities in the first impression that each would make that Millia thought perhaps they were the same being placed by the Force in different cultures. Their histories were quite different, but scholastic interests, purple skin, female, even their first names were similar. She would guess that someone seeing them together would find them quite an interesting pair.

After arriving at the Millia made sure her equipment was adequately stowed in her airspeeder and called for her trusty droid DT-A1, a custom recon droid that she called DATA. The droid hovered along and they were off to meet her Silver Jedi partner on Rakata Mountain. The wind rushed through Millia’s hair as she piloted the airspeeder and constantly checked with DATA to make sure the microbes in the air were at an acceptable level and were designated as non-disease causing.

Millia was glad to see the Twi’lek Jedi waiting at the agreed upon meeting place. She leaped out of the airspeeder and DATA hovered over her right shoulder. The Twi’lek didn’t have the feel of other Jedi, but Millia was never one to judge being different. It was a curiocity that would or wouldn’t be answered in time. “Hello there. I’m Jedi Millia Korraay. Hoping you’re Mi'la Undari. We’re going looking for Rakata artifacts together.”

Broke Down Mountain

Mi'la had just finished stretching the tension out of her back when she heard the faint sound of an airspeeder. She frowned a bit, she had been hoping her companion would have taken the scenic route, but as she glanced down at the trail she had just climbed, she had to remind herself that unlike most people, she actually had practiced things like this regularly. Perhaps it was silly of her to expect someone to follow her up this route. Regardless, what little she knew of her companion did excite her. They had a great deal of things in common, and she had finally seemed to have found a fellow jedi that was interested in the same line of work, so the prospect of friendship was something she that made her feel a bit giddy.

Oh, how she wished she could go back to the days of training with Sakadi. If she had just been smarter, none of this might have happened. Maybe she wouldn't have to be so damn ashamed of herself, perhaps she could finally go back to her old master again. But those were foolish thoughts.

As she stopped her stretches, she pushed those worries out an away from her mind, focusing instead on the woman as her speeder settled down. Mi'la's eyes looked to the pair that exited, and focused it seemed on the small droid for a moment, before glancing to her fellow jedi. Smiling, she gave a nod, moving to meet the woman half way so she didn't have to walk all the way over. "That's me, Mi'la Undari at your service. Nice too meet you Millia." She offered her hand to shake, smiling wide as she did so. "I've never gotten to work with Rakatan stuff before, so bit excited for that. Who is your fine looking droid friend? Excavation or recording droid? It's a nice model." She complimented, her hands rough and worn from the climb, not to mention the bits of grass stain and dirt that still clung to her palms.

Millia Korraay smiled and accepted the handshake offered. Her own hands were quite soft and well taken care of. That was more a result of her fear of germs than the fact that she didn’t do any work. She kept to a very stringent skin care treatment that made other field Jedi jealous. The fact that Mi’la’s hands were not as soft was not a concern. Quite the opposite actually. It meant the Twi’lek was capable of holding her own in a challenge. Millia didn’t like combat, so if they were to find such a challenge having someone who seemed willing to take it head on was a plus.

“Nice to meet you as well,” Millia said with a nod of her head. “This is DT-A1, he goes by DATA.” The droid moved from behind Millia’s shoulder to in front. It seemed to scan Mi’la and then beeped a welcome. Millia giggled. “He is an exploration droid. Specially programmed to help me avoid places that are infested with germs. He’s my eyes and ears, so there will be a recording of our exploration, but I like to take my own notes. I too am excited about this opportunity. Rakata are something that we know so little about. I’m curious why that is. I also have read that there were Jedi and Sith present at times on this planet. Perhaps we’ll see what they were up to.”

Broke Down Mountain

Mi'la blinked at the initial contact, giving a firm handshake, though she was surprised at how soft the woman's hands were. It might have been odd, but Mi'la hadn't actually met many people who took care of their hands in such a fashion; at least not fellow jedi. Now caught up on the who's who, she smiled. "Well, nice to meet you DATA." She remarked, hearing it chime at her and repeating the motion in kind, as she scanned the droid with her Omni-tool arm, waving her left palm infront of the droid to show they were not all that different. "Glad we have a little helper on hand, but I am concerned about what might lay in store. I've explored a few places like this before, and they're usually trapped, or just in bad shape. I know a little of Rakatan, that they used to rule the galaxy at one point, and that they had force technology that allowed them to do so. Well, at least until they apparently lost their powers, but again, that's all really old information." The Twi'lek's head-tails curled around her shoulders, indicating she was getting embarrassed by having spoke so much.

She hated when she got carried away like this. Letting out a breath, she waved her arms back and forth, trying to work out her awkward feelings. "Well, anyways, I think we'll have fun regardless. I mean, given our skill-set, shouldn't be too bad, no?" She stammered, rubbing at her brow as she was just eager to get going so she could stop talking.

DATA scanned Mi’la’s arm that was extended. He gave out a tweedle that expressed his sorrow for the situation, but also appreciation for the fine technology. “DATA is quite a useful companion,” Millia informed. “He is my trailblazer so to speak. Sometimes I wish that I could add a blaster to his appendages, but along with that I would need to include targeting systems and threat analyses. I think he’s better served keeping his focus on finding a trail, conducting sensor checks of the air, and disinfecting as I come up behind him.”

Truth be told Millia would not go on these adventures without DATA leading the way. She was deathly afraid of all germs. As such DATA has been retrofitted with an aerosol disinfectant that would be sprayed anything a certain level of contaminants were found in the air, or DATA’s senors picked up any of a million microbials that Millia wouldn’t go within ten meters of. It was a fear that more than a few times she had to bite her lip and just move forward. But now that she was a Knight she had more control over her comings and going and found that DATA’s presence made her more aggressive in the missions she took on.

“Learning more about the Rakata is why we are here,” Millia nodded as she listened to Mi’la. “They are from so long ago and so many have governed in the galaxy since they existed that we don’t know enough.” She gave a smile. “I would say you are probably better suited for traps and places in bad shape. But I will do my best to keep up and DATA is a good help in finding traps. His sensors are quite powerful. Have you had time to do any scouting or were you just ahead of us?”

Broke Down Mountain

Mi'la nodded at the little droid, pondering if she should consider getting such a companion in the future. Then again, she preferred being on her own in some cases, having to protect things made her anxious. "He seems like a smart little guy, I'm sure he'll be super helpful." She chimed, eyes returning to Millia with a wry smile. "Probably better if he stays as he is, some critters don't take well to being shot at, not to mention going through customs would be rather difficult with a mini combat droid." She missed her astromech, but even since that mess at Yavin, she had never bothered getting another one.

Mi'la's thoughts folded in on itself, as she was left to ponder if she was destined to be like this, left at arms length by so many people, and having no one to fall back on as a result. It was a bit of a sad thought truly, and yet, this felt like the reality she was to lead. Forever the wayward jedi, destined to stand alone.

She sighed, pushing the idea from her mind. "You're right though, we really know next to nothing about them so, maybe we can learn something worth while. Yea?" Her lekku twitched, right one curling around her shoulder, the left one around her neck. Her cheeks colored ever so slightly at the woman's compliment. "Well, I yea, I try and stay fit. I mean, I'm glad you noticed but-" She faltered, shaking her head, cheeks heating as she realize she mistook the woman's comment. "I can handle it though, especially if the little guy chips in. Though I have to admit, I hadn't the time to scout. I got here just before you did, so....yea, going in blade at the moment." She shrugged, half apologetically, half embarrassed. Maybe this wasn't a great idea.

Last edited:

Mi’la brought up a good point about arming DATA. Others would scrutinize the little droid more if he had a blaster attachment. Another reason to make no further alterations to his components and programming. Now that thought had been put to rest they could move on to the mission at hand.

The second movement of Mi’la’s lekku Millia took notice and connected it with the change of the color in Mi’la’s cheeks. She wondered what the Twi’lek Jedi had to be embarrassed about, but quickly decided there wasn’t time for that. She’d do her best to alleviate any discomfort between the two as the mission went forward. “There was no expectations in my query,” Millia said with a smile. “We were intended to meet here. Since you were first I was merely curious how far ahead of me you had been. Scouting is something that DATA is quite capable of starting. And if a blade is needed I have mine as well. Even though I prefer to keep it on my hip if possible.”

Millia had learned how to defend herself and how to attack when needed. Master Velieris made sure that Millia was prepared for anything that a Jedi might encounter. Combat however was very unpredictable and Millia didn’t like unpredictable. It wasn’t cowardice or lack of prowess. It was a cultural quirk that manifested in a peculiar manner in the Jedi Knight.

“DATA why don’t you search ahead and see if you can’t find a cave or something to let us down into the fascinating world of the Rakata?” Millia asked her droid friend. DATA gave a series of happy beeps and was off on his way. “We can scout around ourselves, but unless we find something through the Force, DATA’s sensors are quite good and he will probably find a way in before we do.”

Broke Down Mountain

Mi'la waved a hand, trying to reassure the woman. "We shouldn't have any issues really. Worst comes to worst, I can take the direct threats and you just stay at a distance. Least, that's how Master Sakadi and I used to do it." She frowned at the mention of her master, but quickly pushed the thought away. thinking of Sakadi only did her ill. Mi'la looked to the droid as Millia gave it orders, and the knight merely shrugged, as she reached out a hand, and began looking for pings in the force.

DATA would find a weakened surface of the cliff face that the two Jedi milled about, and as he swerved to inspect the opening above the pair, Mi'la was doing the same, as she inspected the area they stood upon for a gap. "I can detect echos in the force, so, perhaps if there is something here, a past creature might have left a mark to guide us." She replied, pushing her senses outward, and though she stood firmly in place, her mind expanded slowly about the area.

DATA on the other hand, would find a rather narrow passage to follow, the droid just managing to scrap along the cavern, as he crept inwards, his sensors able to pick up irregularity within the path ahead. The small rock passage opened into a wider opening now, with a high amount of metal content directly ahead. Turning on his lights, DATA would find a large and old blast door in place, the console long since rusted away, and the doors themselves seemed to have been rusted together. According to his measurements, the room was about ten feet high, and glancing back, the passage the droid had come through seemed to have been compromised by the elements long ago. Giving a low and excited chime, DATA's recorder switched on, the droid immediately trying to establish contact with the two jedi, as he flew to the top of the ceiling to establish the distance between them. Surprisingly, the distance was only that of a few feet of rock, something that Mi'la soon realized as she pushed her senses deeper into the area around them.

DATA however, beat her to the punch as she was still putting the thoughts into words.

Millia sense the sadness in Mi’la when she mentioned her old master. Being a gatherer of information Millia wanted to ask the Twi’lek what had happened. But being a Jedi she knew that asking about something too personal was a dangerous thing for herself and Mi’la. She decided the story would come at a less emotional time, or not at all.

Millia was a strange kind of explorer. She really enjoyed the idea of the adventure. The potential find was great, but that Kuranu ingrained fear always lingered. The Jedi allowed DATA to do a lot of the initial exploring. Sure she searched through the Force, sometimes that was the only way to find the path forward. But DATA was always ahead of her making it “safe” not in the secure manner of speaking, in the clean sense of the word.

Mi’la said that she detected echos. That seemed a weird way of putting the Force, but Millia knew many people viewed the Force in different ways. To Millia the Force was a cloud. It floated along on its path. It touched many things, but few could actually see when they were being touched at all. Millia started her own basic search for “clouds” that would seem out of place, but nothing caught her attention before DATA called out.

Millia reached a hand out and grasped Mi’la’s arm. “This is very exciting. Appears we have a way in deeper. Just need to figure out the best way to meet up with DATA.” She reached out with the Force, but her connection always was fuzzy when it came to measurements. She wasn’t sure how dense the rock was between them and DATA. “Is it clean down there DATA?” The droid was already doing his thing, once he relayed what he had found. The area was 90% disinfected. By the time the Jedi arrived it would be complete.

“Are you able to tell if we can go through the rock?” MIllia questioned Mi’la. “Or should we make our way to the entrance that DATA found and hope we fit?”

Broke Down Mountain

Mi'la was never good at saying what she meant. She could say things obviously, but the echoes she searched for were merely from her ability to scry upon the past. To Mi'la the Force was really a river in her mind. It could flow, and course, and change, but if you stepped into the river, you could direct and control it's flows. It was natural, it was peaceful, it was serenity. At least that was how she viewed it.

Feeling Millia's hand on her arm, Mi'la halted her focus for a moment, as the woman seemed to be measuring and chatting with her droid. For Mi'la though, she couldn't work out how far they were down roughly, but it was enough for Mi'la to know that using a Lightsaber would take some time. Then again, trying to take the route that the droid used, she can't imagine it would work out. Sighing, Mi'la took both sabers, igniting them as lavender blazed from both ends. "I think I can cut through it, but it will take time. If your droid had to squirm into there, I doubt we could make it on our own." Engaging the saber lock, she placed both sabers down into the ground, and knelt holding them.

She smiled up at Millia, shrugging. "Might take a minute or two, so, guess we can just chat til I can cut us in. I mean, if you want." Mi'la knew too well she could talk too much, people have told her such before after all. "Any burning questions you got?" She mused, taking attention away only to adjust the position of her sabers as she slowly was burning through the earth. Realizing she just made a pun, Mi'la snickered to herself, amused at her own humor.

Mi’la agreed with Millia’s thoughts that taking the same path as DATA was not very practical. But the Kuranu Jedi would not have thought about cutting through stone to make their own entrance to the chamber that DATA was working in below. Millia would have spent hours and hours looking for a viable entrance. The readings from DATA, and common sense suggested that whatever was beneath them was more than likely in ruined status. There wasn’t much reason to be delicate. But Millia was delicate.

Mi’la’s blades came to life and set to work at getting through the rock. Millia watched for a moment and then recognized the intent. She removed her own lightsaber from the stachel slung over her shoulder. She didn’t like to carry it out in the open. She wasn’t quite sure why. She was proud to be a Jedi, but found over time that not everyone liked working with them. Especially when they were flashing their fancy swords around.

She ignited the cyan blade and released the weapon from her hand, catching it with the Force before moving it into position to aid with the cutting. The lightsaber hovered halfway between Mi’la’s dual blades and turned to point straight down. The lightsaber plunged down into the rock and Millia gave a groan of effort. Millia smirked at the pun, though she had to bite back the literal retort she would have given quite often that they were melting the rock not burning it. But she decided not to ruin the joke and moved on. “I would very much enjoy exchanging stories while we are finding our way through,” Millia said with a smile. “I don’t want to pry though. I felt through the Force that you have prosthetics and that you have heavy feelings involving your Master. We can avoid the subject if you wish. But if talking over your hardships helps relieve some of the tension it causes you. I listen well. And as I said I have tales of my own to share. I’m sure it won’t come as a shock that you are not the only Jedi with war stories.”

Broke Down Mountain

Mi'la examined Millia's blade as it was shown, a nice design, and the color was unique as well. She nodded her thanks, focusing on the cutting of the stone. Though she felt a tad bad that the woman was having to strain herself to contribute. Though Mi'la had her hands full, she tried to think how she could use the woman's weapon without straining herself, but that proved fruitless. So she went back to pondering, finding a bit of comfort in Millia's appreciation for her pun. When Millia began to inquire as to where her thoughts were lingering though, Mi'la's mind was back at it again.

Returning the smile, Mi'la nodded, entirely fine with shedding her past burdens. She felt that Millia wasn't a chatter box, what she said would stay between them, which to her was something of a relief. "No, I don't mind speaking of it, though it is a bit of a problem." She shrugged, shifting her blades as the ground began to melt under her blades. "When I was a padawan, I was on Yavin Four, it was an attempt to rescue a Jedi Master. It went badly." She shrugged, her Lekku's coiling around her neck. "Anyways, I fought a Sith Lord alone, her name was Darth Void. There were two other jedi there, Knights, and they...left me to fight her. I mean, I told them to run, but they didn't even try to help, they didn't even acknowledge what I was doing. Not that I deserve it but, I had hoped they would have at least made my sacrifice count."

The Twi'lek frowned at that. "Void was powerful, much stronger than me. Our entire fight, I was on the back foot. I managed several hits, but she kept coming and-" She stopped, shaking her head. "She beat me to a pulp with her hands. I was just barely conscious, and I found an opening when she took my saber. Ran her through with it, but I didn't realize there was another Sith with her. They lashed out, and lost my headtail and arm. I got taken back and...well, they did things to me. My master saved me after two weeks, but, the damage was done. I had lost my connection to the force." She shrugged off to the side, not wanting to linger on her torture in Vjun, and what had been done to her, then stopped. "My master she, she tried to help me recover from...what happened, but I just couldn't cut it. I think, in her eyes, I'm a failure. They made me a knight, I think out of pity since I had lost my connection, so I left. I haven't spoken to her in years, and now that I'm better, I think that maybe I should try but..." She trailed off, looking back to Millia. "Well, still can't work out what to say."

She hoped Millia had nothing as bad as her to share. She couldn't even imagine.

Millia listened to Mi’la’s terrible story. It made her glad that the worst she could say was that her master was too adventurous and made her go into places that were filled with germs. “That is terrible. You were devoid of the Force for a time? I can’t imagine. But you got your gifts back. That is a rare thing. I bet you are quite happy to feel the Force once more after being without?”

Millia continued to move her blade in the same path that Mi’la’s followed using the Force to guide it. She was a little surprised that talking seemed to ease the strain on her as she continued the task. “If I were not sensitive I would not have known your prosthetics were there. Whoever made them did good work. I know that’s probably not a big comfort.” The Kuranu Jedi peaked out a slightly opened eye to look at the Twi’lek Jedi. “I am told that your lekku do much for you: communication and sensations. Are you…um…not to sound invasive so you can tell me to mind my own business, but do both your lekku work the same now?”

She sighed realizing that she should also share. “I have always been fascinated with history. Never wanted to be out in the field. They assigned me to Velieris, a Fosh knight with a pension for getting into adventure. It was quite an adjustment for both of us. She thought I dragged her down and she had to babysit me. I thought she was insensitive to my fears. Eventually we both came to the realization that the Council was wise to put us together to make us see the other way of doing things. In the end neither of us changed our views much, but at least we learned to that even though we weren’t good at all things, we could make it through.”

Broke Down Mountain

The pair talked still, cutting into the stone as Mi'la could tell they were making progress. Probably another minute more and they'd be through. The woman's words prompted a smile from Mi'la, to which the knight shrugged. "Yes and no, it's...not the same as it was. Everything feels off now, like, I'm isolated from everyone, yet I can feel them? It's hard to describe, and I don't quite understand it myself." She admitted, her studies on such things was fruitless, as all the records for it were so dated and old. "I...am what is called a 'wound' in the Force. I don't know what that means, except for the fact that...how the Force interacts with me is different."

She looked apprehensive at that, the knight pondering to herself about what was to follow. Millia continued, speaking of her prostetics, prompting a blush to come over Mi'la's face. "The arm is from some research firm. It's nice, but I need an upgrade. It can't withstand combat well. The sensors on it that is." She explained, her Lekku's curling around her neck as those were mentioned as well. "I made my own prosthetic for my Lekku, though it's very limited. I though of making it share info, given it's....part of my brain, but I know that technometry stuff is too dangerous." She elaborated, though as Millia inquired further, the knight seemed to almost retreat from the conversation. Very few people brought this topic up, and frankly, Mi'la didn't know what much to say on it. "Yes...they are very important on a multitude of things. I mean, my original one works just fine, but..." She held the prosthetic Lekku in her hand, shrugging. "This one however, I decided to not give it any sensory nodes to. So I can't feel anything, but I can communicate just fine. I mean, I’m not dating anyone of anything otherwise that’d be an issue but anyhow…." She nodded as if trying to get off that topic, before realizing she had let go of one her sabers to hold her Lekku, as it awkwardly began to slide off to the side; she quickly correct that.

Chuckling to herself, she smiled to Millia, as she continued to cut. "I studied history on Ryloth as a young girl, sadly my master was more on the ideas of the order than this history but, Master Sakadi just had such a command and presence. Honestly, I wanted to be like her. Though she is far more stern than I would like. But I think it’s how the Force works, brings us into balance with one another. Like you and your master, and mine as well."

Last edited:

Millia frowned listening to Mi’la describe her connection to the Force. “Sounds like those who don’t understand your new connection label it as something that is wrong. A wound suggests injury. Did someone damage the Force in order to give you back a version of what you had before? I suppose that is possible. But I find that people give negative names to things they don’t understand or support. Different can be good. I hope you are making the best of what the Force does give you.”

The Twi’lek jedi explained that her arm was needing and upgrade and that she had managed to create the lekku herself. The latter made sense as what a replacement would do had to have been very personal to any Twi’lek that required it. “You are obviously more technologically savvy than I am. I was judging purely on aesthetics. They both fit the rest of your body quite well.” Millia complimented once more. The statement about sensory nodes and Mi’la’s dating status made sense to a degree. Though statuses like that changed often. Millia hadn’t ever truly dated anyone, she still wouldn’t want to miss out on any possible sensation. “I guess you can always upgrade if the need arises?” Millia commented with a bit of a blush. It was then that she noticed Mi’la’s temporary misstep with her saber. “Am I distracting you? I apologize,” she asked. When Mi’la chuckled Millia gave a small giggle as well.

The Kuranu knight gave a nod when it came to the Force seeking to balance out individuals that give themselves over to the Force. She noticed that they seemed to be pretty close to cutting through the rock. “DATA, you probably want to watch out. We’re about to come in through the ceiling.” She gave Mi’la a smile. “Now that we are knights we can learn more about our history. Almost there. Ready for an adventure?”

Last edited:

Broke Down Mountain

Millia's words were probably the only positive thing she had heard about her condition thus far. Every time she had mentioned being a wound, people seemed to just agree without comment. Probably because they had no real thought of an input on it. "I'm trying you know? I just....I don't know what to make of it. The references I have found are so old and....they don't paint a nice picture." The two instances she had found both seemed horrific in her mind, though for the sake of maintaining a rational discourse, she decided not to reveal them. Both involved killing on a mass scale, who the hell would want to be friends with someone like that?

She blushed faintly at the compliment of her tech skills. She never felt herself that much of a genius, really a novice compared to some, but still...it was nice to be noticed for once. "You're very sweet for saying that, thank you." She struggled to not show more color at the realization of the woman's last set of words, and true to form, her mind was growing distracted by a mixing of thoughts in her own head. "Possibly, but I doubt I'll do that. I mean, relationships were never really something I had planned on getting invested with." She admitted, shrugging as she really had never gotten close with anyone. Thoughts came up now and again but...well if it were to happen, it would happen she thought.

The mistepp with her saber and Millia's snickering comment turned her from lavender to violet in an instant, as she shook her head in denial. "N-No! Absolutely not, I just, forgetful at times! Don't be sorry!" She tried to rationalize, but the truth was, she had gotten distracted.

Feeling the rock coming loose, Mi'la moved where she had been standing, as Millia indicated they were nearly though, the Twi'lek felt similarly about the situation. Shutting her blades off and stowing them, Mi'la gathered herself in the force, and focused on the slowly sinking rock they had been cutting into. "Absolutely! Tell DATA to stay back though, not sure how this might go." She affirmed, as she extended her hands and took hold of the rock, struggling as she twisted to slowly back and forth, grinding it and ensuring the still dripping hot slag of it melted through to the bottom, before hefting it up, and setting it aside, leaving a three foot wide hole in the top from which the pair could drop down. Immediately, light from outside filled the void, showing a five feet drop into the passage, with the mysteriously locked door, and hints of ancient metal all about.

From the door, both jedi would feel a faint presence in the force residing, but only from the ruined door controls. How odd.

"Well, want me to head in first or...?" Mi'la asked, her cheeks still burning from earlier, though she was simply trying to be polite. She was rather taking a liking to this woman after all.

“Oh so you are able to find past instances that are like yours?” Any discussion of the past and stories of the Jedi of long ago, or the nature of the Force were fascinating to Millia. “Well if there are others who have experienced what you have, then we must see how they got through it. You seem like a good person. A good Jedi even. If I can help you find things to help you out. I will certainly do so. Things that were hard in the past get better only if we study them and learn.”

Millia smiled as she was pretty sure Mi’la was blushing at the discussion of relationships. Millia was always matter of fact about them. She didn’t pursue them, but she wouldn’t eliminate the possibility that one might fall into her lap some day. That would potentially bring a whole new level to her germ phobia, but that was something she didn’t need to think about at the moment. “Relationships are not something to plan investment in. They just happen. Or so I’ve been told. Social etiquette is not my strong suit. I just know that Force wouldn’t want me to close myself off to the possibility of something happening sometime.”

The Twi’lek once again appeared to blush. It was a good look on her, but Millia wouldn’t point that out. Mi’la said that Millia was not too much of a distraction, and after a small correction they were back on course and the rock was ready to give way. A beeping was heard over Millia’s comm. She gave a smile. “DATA has noticed us making our entrance and is well out of the way…he hopes.”

As the rock fell Millia’s lightsaber floated back to her hand. She rushed up next to Mi’la as they both looked down into the passage. The Kuranu Jedi’s brow furrowed as she considered the meaning of the Force energy seeming to come from the door controls. She gave a shrug. “I think we should go together,” she announced with a smile. “It’s not too far down. And except for the door, I don’t sense any danger down there.”

Broke Down Mountain

"Only two, and they don't give a great picture." She admitted, not knowing what else to reveal about her condition with others. Though the fact Millia wanted to help her was nice, though Mi'la hadn't a clue where to even start. "The first one became Darth Nihilus, the planet eater. He never found a cure, and died to the other reference I found, Meetra Surik. No one knows what happened to her, she just....disappeared after she killed him. It's not known of she was ever cured. But, who knows maybe with our minds together, we can find a solution." She mused, wondering just where this unofficial mission's road might take them down.

Then the conservation shifted to that of relationships, and Mi'la could feel her face burning at just the thought. "I agree. My master always detested such things, we spoke of it, and I understood she was never in approval of close bonds. Though myself, I never had much luck. I mean, there was this one woman, but..." She trailed off, shrugging, smiling to the woman. "But I imagine someone will fall in your lap sooner or later, you're rather bright I think." Indeed, she could only imagine good things for the woman going ahead. Perhaps she'd request to see her again, they seemed to have much in common.

Hearing that she now had the clear from Millia's droid, she did indeed drop the rock in, and with Millia's suggestion of going together, Mi'la nodded in agreement. "Together it is."

As the pair dropped into the cave, Mi'la immediately took interest in the door, the Twi'lek fixated on the strange aura around the door. Initially, thinking that the door might be related to something within her time-walking powers, she was studying it rather thoroughly. Though unlike before, there was no memory of which to take hold of. Looking back to the droid and her companion, she frowned. "Well, as nice as this door is, I don't think it's worth writing home about." She mused, stepping back to allow her fellow knight to inspect it.

“You have come across some really good records in your research,” Millia responded to Mi’la telling her the two other instances that had the same thing happen to them. She knew very little about Darth Nihilus, but had heard the name Meetra Surik many times. “The records I have seen for the Dark Wars were very limited. Meetra Surik is a legend however, so her story is wide and has varied details since the records are sparse. I would very much like to help you look into this. Even if it was not help to you, I would learn more about Meetra. Though I sincerely would like to help you.”

Millia noticed Mi’la’s color change again. It was an odd feeling in the Force. Millia was used to being the awkward one and feeling embarrassed. Mi’la further explained that her master was very much against relationships. Millia could relate, though Velieris was not against them as a result of being overly cautious. Millia’s master just said they were stupid and got in the way. Mi’la expressed her lack of luck which sent Millia thinking of her own lack of experiences.
‘Wait. Did she say woman?’ Then Mi’la said she thought that Millia would have something fall to her. ‘Was she blushing because of me? No. Couldn’t be.’ Millia looked to Mi’la this time it was her turn to blush. Was the reason why she had not found a compatible man because she was destined to find a woman? It was intriguing, but a thought for another time.

For now it was time for the mission. Together the two knights dropped into the passage way. Mi’la immediately focused her attention on the door, Millia wanted a bigger picture. “DATA. Lights?” The droid warbled and his spotlight turned on. There wasn’t much to see. Now they needed to figure out their next step. Millia also decided the doorway was not anything of further issue. “It may not hold intrigue on its own, but it appears to be a way forward. Don’t suppose it is unlocked?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom