Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Broke Down Mountain

Broke Down Mountain
valley-of-the-yosemite-albert-bierstadt1.jpg!Large.jpg

Tags: Millia Korraay Millia Korraay
Now with her new ally and potential friend, the offer to help was there at the back of Mi'la's mind. Hopefully whatever the pair found here could be used to assist in her research going forward. She did catch a small flushing of Millia's cheeks, and had to ponder what the nature of that was, but her knowledge of social cues wasn't the strongest. Maybe it was something she said.

Now in the hole, looking for a path forward, Mi'la smiled as DATA's lights assisted in the search of how to open the blasted door. "Thank you DATA.". Despite her best searching, she still could not work out how to open the blasted door. "Well, I mean, if it was that would be nice you know?" She smiled, waving her hand in front of the broken door, and had nothing to show for it. "I just don't get why I can sense the Force here, it's like dormant." She shook her head, rising as she looked between the panel, and the door. Her brow furrowed, as she waved a hand, calling on the Force now as she directed it towards the panel.

The damnedest thing happened. As she did so, Mi'la felt a bit of resistance against her motion, and the sound of twisted metal sounded, as the door before the pair began to wretch open, revealing an almost pristine, unnaturally clean hall way before the pair, the hiss of pressurized air spilled out, followed by a cold fog that carried along with the rush of air.

Looking down the hall, it seemed there was a control console of sorts, and if one were to step inside, they would find a still working control center, though the screens and control consoles all seemed to be powered down, yet, there was still a lingering presence of the Force upon them. "Well....that...was something." She muttered, looking to Millia, and then to the passage. At least they had a path forward, no?

Tags: Mi'la Undari Mi'la Undari

DATA’s light was a help, but just as Mi’la had come up empty the primary search Millia did of the door brought only mystery. There was no obvious mechanism to open the door, but there was no obvious reason why the door stayed closed. There was still the weird feeling of the Force in the door. But that just brought another element of mystery. Door’s aren’t alive, they don’t contain the Force.

Mi’la mentioned the Force being there, but dormant, then waved her hand and the door started to open. It was mechanical, it was responding to direction, but not in the normal manner a door was communicated with. As air rushed out from behind the door Millia quickly put her arm in front of her face. The air had not been examined. It could be full of germs. She started to panic before years of training kicked in and she steadied her breath. When she opened her eyes she saw the room beyond. It was amazing to see what was there. It looked as though it had just been used and thoroughly cleaned yesterday or maybe even an hour ago. But no one had said this was here.

“DATA. Please tell me the air in there is as clean as it looks,” she said to the droid with a forced cough to remove anything that might have gotten into her mouth or throat. The droid beeped that she was germ free. Maybe cleaner than before the door had been open. She nodded her thanks. “Ok little guy go do your thing. But be careful. I am not comfortable with how this place is acting.”

She looked to Mi’la and smiled. “The Rakata had strange tech. I wasn’t expecting to see any so close to the surface. It is certainly something. Let’s just hope it’s a good something.” Millia gave a nod to herself as much as to the Twi’lek and slowly started forward.

“DATA is there any power source connected to that console?” Millia questioned the droid. The door could have something hidden in the walls somewhere, but it didn’t look like the console was a part of the mountain. Power had to come from somewhere. A negative chirp came from DATA. Millia turned to Mi’la and shrugged. “The Force opened to the door think it will turn on the computer?” She took a couple more steps forward and waved her hand in a semi-circular motion at the console. She tried to reach out and touch it, careful not to let a true connection form.

Broke Down Mountain

It hadn't been Mi'la's intention to open the door right onto her companion, but accidents did happen. Seeing the hint of panic settle onto her fellow adventurer, Mi'la piped up, extending a hand as if that was going to help anything. "Are you alright?" She asked, unsure if Millia might have been hit by some unknown agent or what have you. There was no telling what was in this structure.

Fortunately for Millia, DATA could confirm she was indeed fine, though the Twi'lek moved beside her companion as they gazed at the inside of this odd structure. Smiling back to Millia, she nodded, as they seemed to share a similar excitement. "You're telling me, never met a force sensitive door before. Let's see what else they have in store here." She added, following in behind Millia, keeping her eyes on the woman, and the path ahead. There was quite a bit to take into account. "Rather not walk into a death ray or whatever else they might have left behind." Now her mind was wandering, and Mi'la had to ponder where this was all going.

Reaching the computer however, Mi'la was already feeling for more echos, waiting to see what would come next. She found no echoes, not here at least to explore, but those force presences were impossible to ignore. When DATA was unable to find a power source however, Mi'la frowned, looking to Millia, then the console, and the pair seemed to be on the same track mind with this discovery. "Probably, we can find-" Before she had even finished, Millia's gesture reached the console, and life came to the device. Unfortunately for the pair, it was in a tongue neither could read; unless they had studied up on Rakatan in their spare time. Mi'la leaned closer to Millia to eye it over, only for a small light to come from the console, as the pair were hit with a scanner, and strangely, the words on the console began to change. Mi'la recognized Huttese, Ryl, and Galactic Basic display, until it finally settled on Basic.

From what the pair could see, it seemed a medical terminal of some sort, with various reports, as well as an option to view the facility's layout. "Well...that...is going to take some getting used to." DATA's sensors would find oddly enough, that there was indeed a power supply now, but it was inside the console, and if the time on his sensors was right, it was turned on and off via use of the force.

Now if they could just extract this tech from out of here.....

“I’m fine,” Millia confirmed DATA’s assessment to Mi’la’s concern. “Just. Well, my ingrained phobia does get the better of me some times. A blast of unknown air could have who knows how many germs in it. But that door seemed to seal all the germs out.”

When Millia’s gesture activated the console she was amazed and DATA started chortling wildly at the obvious fact that there was indeed a powersource for the console. It must have been dormant due to the lack of a touch of the Force. It was exhilarating as well as a little concerning for Millia. If they needed to use the Force to activate the tech here. Did that mean they were vulnerable to attacks on that connection? It was something that they would have to be cautious about, but the discovery was just too good to stop and go back.

The initial words on the console were unrecognizable, even for Millia who studied to some degree every language she ever thought she would encounter. Ancient Rakatan was not something that was readily available, so that's what Millia guessed was on the screen. Slowly it morphed into other languages. Millia knew four or five including Huttese and Ryl just like Mi’la. Her own native language was rarely spoken even among her own people, so that was not one that was put forward. Finally the console was entirely in Galactic Basic.

“Didn’t pay much attention in biology…too many germs,” Millia said with a smirk. “But even I can tell this is medical data of some sort. You think this was like a Rakatan hospital or something? Or is this just the medical wing of a fortress? Seems like you would want your injured further away from the surface…” She looked up to her floating droid. “DATA see if you can find a way deeper into the mountain.” DATA beeped and affirmative and floated off. “Is there information that can be used? I’m just an archivist. So everything is interesting to me. But what all is this about?” She looked around the console for some way to link her datapad to it. “No link. You don’t suppose they transferred data with the Force too? That would be an incredible effort.”

Broke Down Mountain

As the data scrolled across the screen, it wasn't beyond speculation that this was some sort of medical center for the Rakatan, but several questions still bubbled in her mind. She glanced to Millia admirably as she spoke, curious about several things, but elected to only inquire on one. "So, what is it about germs that sparks that reaction from you? I'm not trying to make fun, I'm just curious, there's a reason for everything after all." She did look forward to the woman's explanation, but she was already looking over the data they had access to, wondering what this was all about.

Millia mentioned that there was no port to plug a datapad into, but as Mi'la was glancing for a dataport as well, she recalled a tidbit of knowledge from her study on holocrons. "Maybe not with datapads, but I remember that Rakatan's created the first concept of Holocron technology." She pondered, tapping her lip, before placing her hand onto the console, then offering her hand to Millia in kind. "I...know I didn't wash my hands, but I think if we connect in the Force, there's a chance we can access the data in here. Just a theory, but if they designed holocrons, is it much of a stretch to think they had similar tech in the rest of their devices?" She paused for a moment, biting the inside of her lip, before she elaborated a bit further. "I have a gift, I can...look back in time at things, key events and what not through items. I've found that when I'm linked with someone, I can share that incident between us, so I was just thinking....it might be possible to do so here as well. If you want to." She seemingly backed off on the notion, merely gazing on the console now.

DATA meanwhile, had seemingly found another path. The droid had discovered a vent in the ceiling, small enough to fit himself within it, and if he elected to do so, he would find a rather snug passage to navigate the facility from; though it might be an issue for his companions. Thankfully, he was able to link up several doors connecting to where the two jedi were, indicating that there was at least a way ahead.

Millia blushed at the mention of her fear of germs, but she wasn’t offended. It was weird. Especially for those who were not familiar with Kuranu. And if truth be told there wasn’t a whole lot to be known about her kind. They were not very common and even the people themselves were not completely sure where they originated from. Perhaps it was overtaken by some sort of germ epidemic and that was the reason for the phobia in the survivors. It was a reach and of course only a theory, but as good as Millia had ever heard. “The Jedi took me when I was five. At that point it was already an ingrained fear taught to me by my parents. I’m sure they learned it from their’s and so forth. Perhaps at some point in time Kuranu didn’t think that way, but not as far back as I know of. All the calming exercises that I went through as a youngling, they couldn’t solve it. The Masters thought of stopping me from becoming a Padawan, but Master Velieris convinced them it was a quirk more than a fear and they allowed me to train with her.”

Mi’la suggested that a holocron or something like it might be able to hold the information of the console. Millia wasn’t sure if that was really helpful, but Mi’la had a further suggestion. Millia looked to the outstretched hand. She took in a deep breath, but knowledge was worth a measured risk. Mi’la didn’t look like a dirty person. And she was probably moving far too quickly for germs from the rocks of the mountains to cling onto her, and then there was the cutting of the rock that probably did a little bit of sterilizing, and oh Millia was just willing to make an exception for Mi’la. “A gift. Like
Psychometry?” Millia asked as she took the offered hand and tried to join with Mi’la in the Force. It was an odd fit as Mi’la was different than most because of this wound as people dubbed it. She hoped that she could trust Mi’la, but so far they were so compatible that she didn’t waste time questioning.

DATA continued into the vent. He was smart enough to know that the schematics of the facility were available to the two knights, so he was on a recon mission. Once in the vent the little droid cut his spotlight and moved on to make sure it was safe for Millia to move forward if that was the next step.

Broke Down Mountain

Mi'la listened to what Millia had to say, curious about how this fear of germs was seemingly embedded into the culture of her people; for what she now had the name for. Kuranu huh? She'd have to study up on this some in her spare time. "Well, at least you got through it. Though, I can't imagine just going right into the jedi order. I didn't join until I was nearly an adult, but you, being five? That's alot." Amani had told her something similar, that she had been placed into the order at the age of eight.

As she waited for Millia to take her hand however, Mi'la was patient, seeing the woman process the thoughts before taking her hand, making the knight oddly giddy, for reasons she wasn't quite sure of. Though what did catch her, was that Millia understood what her power was. At that, she smiled brightly "That's right! Wow, like, no one knows what I'm talking about when I talk about it. But yes, that's exactly what I can do!" She hardly got to use her powers, let alone share them with someone else, but this would prove to be an exception. With Millia's hand in her own, Mi'la reached out and into the computer, and linked her thoughts with that of Millia's; after putting up the needed mental barriers of course. "Alright, here we go." She said calmly, before tapping into the computer, as the pair would find themselves shunted into a blank space.

Around them, several destroyed pillars loomed, before them, an elderly and sickly looking creature stood; a Rakatan at that. Puzzled, Mi'la blinked, looking to Millia to confirm that this was indeed happening, only for the Rakatan to begin speaking. "If you are accessing these files, then my efforts have been in vain. The virus that has crippled the empire, can not be cured. Despite our best attempts, we have only one half of the cure, and the rest of our test subjects, we regret to say, have perished as of this recording." Several images came into being around the pair, showing life signs for what might have been the patients, all Rakatan, all with signs indicating their death. The Rakatan before them continued, seemingly uncaring what the pair might wish to say. "From what we can find, the Midi-chlorians within the subjects, are dying without reason. We have found no cause for why this happens, but we do have an origin, the planet Thule. We have been unable to learn how, or where this disease formed from, but, records indicate this was the planet of incident."

The alien went silent, then looked upon the two as if it just realized who it had been speaking two. "Do you have any further queries into the information here?" Mi'la's head was still spinning from all the details she had just heard, let alone the fact they were speaking to a Rakatan right now.

Last edited:

“I have a very good memory,” Millia responded. “Most of the Jedi who leave their families as early as I do say they don’t remember anything but the Jedi by the time they are knights. Probably before they are even Padawan. I remember my family. They struggled. My parents and two older siblings. Me leaving was a blessing for them. The Jedi is not all I know, but they made my life and my family’s life better. Knowing what I was at a young age was a blessing. I can’t imagine what it would have been like to live ten or fifteen years longer without guidance.”

Millia gave a shy smile when Mi’la was impressed by her knowledge of her gift. Psychometry was not the most well known Force “power” in the galaxy, but Millia was interested in learning all things Jedi. She surely didn’t have training in it all, but if there was a record in the archive about a Force skill you can be sure that Millia read it. “It is pretty hard to train in. Most who are able to do it are gifted the ability like you say. I wish I could do it. Can you imagine how much information inanimate objects have about the past, but can’t communicate?” Before the excitement got the better of her, their connection and Mi’la’s gift found something that would be of interest.

The image of the Rakatan gave information as to what was happening here before the facility’s demise. They were testing a cure for some virus. That filled Millia with excitement over the information and dread over the possibility that there was some of this virus left in the facility after all the years. “Maybe this is the reason why my people fear germs so much,” Millia said with a sheepish smile. “Not this virus specifically, but something like it that affected our kind? Either way. I don’t think we’ll get much more out of the console. Seems pretty straight forward. Should we see what other clues might exist in the facility?”

Broke Down Mountain

Well, now she had Millia's input for the whole thing. Hearing that she had come from a rough family life, Mi'la felt a tad guilty about her own background. Everyone had it so rough, and her? She had been the spoiled daughter of a few slavers, and had profited from her families sins. Then here was Millia who being taken from her family might have been their salvation. She managed a smile at least, though it concealed her own deep settled guilt within her gut.

Again though, Millia managed to pull a smile from her, as she elaborated on Mi'la's gift. Very rarely had anyone appreciated what she was actually capable of doing. But before she could even start to explore that realm with Millia, they had been shunted into another mental mind scape.

Hearing all that the alien had to share, and of this virus, she had expected Millia to desire an immediate withdraw from this facility, but as Mi'la looked upon her, she found the woman giving a sheepish smile with an elaboration on germs. Giggling, Mi'la brought a hand up to try and cover her amused grin. "That would be as good reason as any, suppose we should delve deeper in this and keep our hands clean, yes?" She teased, looking back to the projection. "We would like access to the facilities, can you grant that to us?" The projection paused for a moment, it's eyes studying the two, before nodding. "Slave species both contain force potential, species matches known slave species. Access is grant. Signing out."

There was yet another bright flash, but the pair would find themselves before the console, Mi'la blinking out the stars she was seeing within her eyes. She shook it off, and looked back to Millia, ready to get underway. "Well, suppose we should keep going on ahead. Hopefully DATA didn't get lost." She snickered, forgetting that she still had a firm grip on Millia's hand.

Millia was trying to seem confident, but with her hand in Mi'la's her Twi'lek counterpart would be able to guess by the slight quiver and sudden sweatiness of the hand. There was no reason to think that the virus was ever present in the facility in large quantities, but that didn't matter to the thoughts of Millia. Still there was valuable information here. The Jedi just knew there was so it took every bit of training she had received to move forward.

As the console gave them access to the facility, Millia closed her eyes tightly to the bright light. Once it was gone she peaked through one eye first to make sure nothing new had appeared. She was grateful when it was still just her, the console and Mi'la and just as grateful to have her hand still clutched by the Twi'lek Jedi.

"DATA," she said hoping contact with the console had not disrupted other communications. "We have access into the facility now. Make your way back towards our direction. There was some virus here and I need your sensors to make sure it is safe."

Millia gave Mi'la a shy look and blushed slightly before she heard the response from the droid. <"Are you sure this place wasn't run by Kuranu scientists? It is so clean I haven't use a microliter of disinfectant. You can proceed with confidence Miss Millia.">

Millia gave a nervous giggle before squeezing Mi'la's hand. "Well I think we should move forward before I lose my nerve. DATA will meet us soon enough. Says it is quite clean if you don't know droidspeek."

Broke Down Mountain

Perhaps it was odd in some circles, but Mi'la didn't mind the sensations she received holding Millia's hand. Regardless, being beside Millia was a nice relief, and she did feel her usual tension has been diminished. She caught a glance from Millia, and it caused her own face to break out in a slight blush as well. Only catching a small amount of her droid's chatter, she smiled, snickering a tad as Millia explained what was said. "Oh, I know a little bit of Binary, but thank you. Glad I won't have to be rushing you to a bacta tank." She jested, and froze as she felt Millia's hand squeeze agaisnt her palm, and after a moment, Mi'la returned the gesture, and felt a sensation of solace take over.

This was...nice?

"Do...you want me to let go or?" She stammered, looking to the door, then to Millia, unsure how this was supposed to go down. She rather liked holding Millia's hand the more she thought on it, but...well if Millia didn't enjoy it she would have said something, right? "Whatever is up ahead, we'll face it together so...no need to worry." She muttered, looking back and forth between the door, her hand, and Millia.

Holding hands was a new sensation for Millia. It started as a way to strengthen a Force connection that had not yet been tested. Surprisingly Millia already felt a bond starting. She had heard of people who were meant to have a single presence in the Force. She would not say that she and Mi'la were that, but they were similar in several ways and complementary opposites in others that the fit seemed special.

"No bacta tank for me yet," Millia chuckled in response, though she was somehow gladdened by Mi'la's concern. Millie's parents she could remember were attentive, but for most of her life she was expected to just adapt and fight through her unique quirk.

Mi'la asked if she should let go. This brought a frown to Millia's face. She wasn't sure what the feelings she had at being connected to the Twi'lek Jedi were, but she knew she enjoyed it and was not looking forward to it coming to an end.

"We are both Jedi," Millia said with a nod. "And DATA is ahead doing recon. I think it is quite safe to hold hands and keep the connection close as long as possible. Might even help with our combined presence. Together we go forward." She did reach into her satchel however with her free hand, deciding to have her weapon at the ready. Just in case. Again she squeezed Mi'la's hand for confidence and to show she was ready.

Broke Down Mountain

On both fronts it seemed the pair enjoyed one another's company, and Mi'la found she could resist the color that was showing in her cheeks. She had a knack for bonds, something good that had rose from her torture on Vjun, and as such, well...here she was possibly bonding with yet another person. Her presence was now something she could put into words, more a feeling than a real thing, a sensation that struck her when she found a new holo-journal to read. It was an electric excitement that riveted her like a super conductor on a star destroyer. Which to a ship illiterate person would make no sense, but to her it did.

"Well, I'm sure they'll have one here. Maybe Kolto though, which I don't know about you, I can't stand it. Very tickly." Hearing she didn't need a Bacta tank was nice, though it was the flicker of hesitation she thought she felt when asked if they should stop holding hands. That seemed an indication to Mi'la that she wished to continue the contact, something the Twi'lek was rather happy to feel be acknowledged. There was a budding connection being formed here, and Mi'la felt it might endure long after their little trip here had come to an end.

She nodded in agreement at Millia's words, hearing the confirmation that they would keep holding hands, something that made Mi'la feel rather glad about. "Of course, as you say, you're the medical professional right now." She jested, as they would move towards the door, giving a returning squeeze back to Millia as they approached the closest door. Extending her hand, Mi'la revealed the passage, a long corridor with transparent glass on both sides. It would take a moment, but this seemed to be a decontamination room, though it's systems had long since powered down. If they pair moved through, they would be sprayed with various mist like substances, seemingly to clean them from any foreign contaminants, though Mi'la was not fond of it one bit.

d45k097-2b098776-251e-4500-aad3-d6bd5356dcb5.jpg

If they had managed to brave that ordeal, the room beyond was similar to that before, a but more used looking. Several pieces of equipment laid out here, with several humming consoles seemingly waited to be touched. Various odd devices stood, frozen in time, with strange vials seemingly contained behind force fields along the back wall, with a large containment device sat in a depression before them, seemingly coupled up to canisters of some sort. Shaking off a bit of foam that had accumulated on her headtails, Mi'la glanced to Milli, a wide grin coming over her features. "So, what do we look at first?" She mused.

Unfortunately for DATA, his navigators would lead him into a deeper section of the cave, where his sensors would indicate dormant power cores, large enough for droids of humanoid make, and with a little bit of scanning magic, he would find that within this compound, several dozen combat droids were seemingly dormant, merely waiting for a command to come back to life, but for now, they seemed dormant.

Millia smiled at Mi’la having concern over her. “I’m not overly fond of bacta tanks. Never tried a kolto one. If it was clean I suppose it would be alright?” she gave a shrug. She blushed a little at being called the medical expert. It was true she’d studied quite a few illnesses and infections and the germs that caused them. But in the case of a broken bone or damaged organ she was quite sure they were about on equal standing.

Millia looked down the glass corridor and nodded. She gave Mi’la’s hand another squeeze this time to comfort her partner, as opposed to seeking comfort. Millia had a decontamination process at the entrance to her ship and went through the process quite often. A caution birthed from five years of her biological family drilling in the dangers of germs. Assuming that the chemicals used in the facility were not toxic to their biology this would be quite safe and even more a comfort to Millia. She held tightly to Mi’la’s hand and led the way through. If DATA was present she would have him scan the air as the mist was released, but she just had to have faith for the moment.

“I am curious what is in the canister, and the vials,” Millia said as she pointed out the points of interest in the room. There was a pause in her voice. She was very curious, but also a bit scared of what might be held behind the force fields in a medical research facility. “Perhaps we should check the consoles first. See if they have information as to what is safe to touch and what should be left where it is at…” She squeezed Mi’la’s hand hard and motioned with the Force to the console closest to the back wall.

Just as she did so she received a warning from DATA. An eye opened slightly from her concentration and looked to Mi’la. “DATA says the facility has defenses, but they are currently dormant. We might need to be careful if we wish to avoid a possible fight.” With that being said she closed her eye tight and continued to reach out to the console. Hoping that she would be able to help in the tasks, and the activations did not depend on Mi’la’s psychometry.

Broke Down Mountain

Being peppered with disinfectant and various other chemicals, Mi'la was not exactly in her comfort zone, but holding Millia's hand made it easier to ignore the irritating problem. It seemed they had a bit of a game going on, as Mi'la made an effort to return the gentle squeezes of Millia in kind, the sensation managing to squeeze a smile out of the Twi'lek as a result.

She was curious as well for what sort of things were kept in this lab. Though given what the Rakatan's might have been working with, and Millia's own fear of germs, it was probably best to leave that alone. Millia's idea of sticking to the consoles was probably a much safer, and smarter, alternative. "Right, shouldn't be too hard, right?" She inquired, returning the squeeze again, her thumb this time rubbing against the back of Millia's hand. As basic as it sounded, this whole hand holding exchange was rather delightful.

As Millia reached out, she would find that the console reacted to her presence, winking on with a functional display of various contagions, all listed and organized out. Hearing that there were indeed defenses, Mi'la muttered to herself. "Of course, can't go anywhere without something trying to kill you now a days." Well, least the defenses were off line for the time being, though one thing that would be found, was a seemingly oddly classified contagion, that was labeled simply as 'The Plague'. "Well, that's ominous..." Mi'la whispered, finding herself leaning closer to Millia, as even though she lacked the fear of germs that Millia had, the more they looked over this list the more it was bothering her.

Trying to access this contagion however, brought up a series of warnings, with several listings of what it could do; slow death over the course of weeks as the body shuts down, and loss of connection to the Force. Various holo-pics of dying Rakatan, and only Rakatan oddly enough, were shown in medical facilities, as well as a rather brutal series of tests that seemed to have been performed on various alien species; including Twi'leks and Kuranu.

There was a separate attachment to the file, listing a 'cure' that was in process, but attempting to access it brought up a request for a password. Squeezing Millia's hand, Mi'la looked to her with a bit of concern etched on her face. "Too bad we can't call up the help desk." She jested, looking around the room for something that might help out the situation, and finding very little that might help.

Millia liked Mi’la’s attitude when it came to operating the consoles. Though it had proved pretty easy in the entry room, it might get more difficult as they got into higher security areas. The hand squeezing game was both comforting and slightly amusing. Millia certainly wasn’t going to be the one to stop it. The added grazing of Mi’la’s thumb against the back of Millia’s hand was an added sensation and had a pleasant tingle go up her spine that she had never felt before. She would have to remember that, but now the console came to life and there was exploring to do.

“Ominous. Yes. Let’s keep that one closed for now,” Millia said with a nervous chuckle. “We should definitely send for a xenobiologist to follow up and look into these things.” She felt the warmth of Mi’la moving closer. It did not create quite the tingle as before, but it was nice knowing she was there. Millia smiled slightly wondering if Mi’la thought her fear was so bad she might fall over at seeing the word plague.

The word CURE came up as well. It was not exactly a true term Millia wagered since the Rakata seemed to have left the galaxy long ago. More than likely it was this plague that got to them. If there was a cure it was discovered too late. She frowned at the console requiring a password, but laughed out loud at Mi’la joking about a help desk. “The console is powered by the Force, I doubt the best slicer in the galaxy could get through a password on this thing…” then a thought occurred to her. “Your gift…psychometry. Maybe you can make it remember the password in a weird sort of way?”

Broke Down Mountain

Tilting her head as Millia worked, Mi'la studied the woman's face, taking note of the subtle movements of her face, before looking back to the screen. "Maybe we can upgrade DATA to fill that role in for us, unless you know a Xenobiologist that would be willing to tag along?" She asked with a degree of amusement, and finally started to feel the warmth of Millia's presence, something she tentatively became aware of. It was a pleasant feeling, but she put it to the side as not to dwell on it, for she was already becoming distracted by it.

There was already a high level of danger in this place, she needed to remain at least somewhat mentally ready; no matter how tempting those thoughts were.

Hearing a genuine laugh from the woman brought another smile to her face, rather enjoying the sound, but was still a bit perplexed about having to try and bypass the console. Though with Millia's suggestion, Mi'la bit her inner lip, pondering if such a thing was even possible. She had done similar events before, but, well never hurt to try. "It's possible...look back through the force to try and recognize the pattern?" Mi'la mused, looking to Millia for perhaps one moment too long, before shyly looking back to the console. "I think I can do it, yes." She agreed, closing her eyes as she braced for it, and pulled hard on the Force to encompass her and Millia.

It was odd, unlike before, they were currently in the lab, surrounded not only by Rakatans, but various other humanoid species. All of which seemed intent on the study of whatever experiments they were working on. Around the console however, she caught one of the lab assistants enter a single password phrase: 'Infinite'. The system seemed to accept that password, but both would see a ripple from the Force once that had been done. There was something else that was at play here, but before the memory could finish playing out, it faded.

A bit disoriented, Mi'la shook her head, a bit confused if she had seen the code correctly. "I...think we caught the code, I think Infinite? Try that." She would advise, watching Millia, though struggling as she felt a wave of dizziness striking at her, causing her to grip the side of her head. "Forgot, using that power too much makes a heck of a headache." She muttered, immediately moving to soothe out the oncoming head pain.

If Millia attempted to use the code, she would find it did indeed work, revealing rather disturbing footage of experiments preformed on other races, trying to extract their genetic code in order to mutate the virus strains. If she desired to look, she would find that there was data that had been complete, but an attempt to upload it off world had failed; it's destination having been terminated at a comm facility on the other side of the lab.

The bond quickly forming between the two knights was more than Millia could ever remember feeling, maybe not as much as with her family, but that was a long time ago and she had no idea then what was going to become of her life to savor those feelings. Millia could feel Mi’la’s movements as they happened, not with her ears, eyes or nose and skin but through the Force. It was a bit strange, she could also almost see Mi’la smile without even looking at her. That was really strange because empathy was never a skill that worked well for Millia.

“I am not sure that DATA will serve the functions we need,” Millia answered with a smile, feeling that at least part of the statement was in jest. DATA’s warbling came over the comm and Millia laughed again. “DATA says he’s up for the challenge. But I think we should probably let someone know what we found and have someone qualified follow in our wake.”

The Kuranu Jedi closed her eyes and lent her presence to Mi’la as she used her gift. The vision that appeared was awful. She had forgotten how brutal the stories of Rakatan were and that they were the apex of galactic society way back when. Every other species was their tool and in this instance it was very bad for the subjects of the experiments, but some other non-Rakatans were doing some of the work involved. It was confusing, but at the same time not. If they refused to help the Rakatans fend off extinction they might not live long enough to enjoy their oppressors being gone. Millia did manage to see the passcode and committed it to memory as the vision faded.

Before doing anything Millia put an arm around Mi’la’s shoulder and made sure she was ok. She reached into the Force trying to take some of the pain away from the Twi’lek, but that was a selfish attempt she knew the Force wouldn’t answer easily. And that was not something Millia was talented at. She kept her arm around Mi’la as she reached out to the console and typed in Infinite.

“I can’t believe they tried this on so many species just to save themselves,” Millia commented as she looked over the list of experiments that the console showed. “I am remembering something that I read now that we get into this. The rumor was that some oppressed species developed the virus that affected the Rakatans. I guess if they were willing to destroy the oppressed species must have thought they might be pressed harder to find a cure for the Rakatans?”

The frown deepened as she continued down the list. She wasn’t surprised to see her own people as part of the experiments, but part of her wondered if they were part of this, maybe that was why they are so few now and spread around the galaxy with no known homeworld. “Wait! Says there was an attempt to transfer data here!” She kept scanning and sighed. “This console doesn’t have the information of where it was sent to, only that it failed. Maybe it was a non-Rakatan who sent it and they cut it off…We should probably leave all this germy stuff here all locked behind force fields and maybe keep looking. See if we can’t find the communication console?” She gave a sweet smile and blushed slightly. “We can also pause if you need to recover…and we’re going to go through all other options before you try that again. I don’t like seeing you in pain.”

Broke Down Mountain

Well Millia was right about that, never hurt to have someone double check their work. She made a mental note to relay this back to the jedi council at some point. Not right now obviously.

With the haze gone, and her headache still there, she still caught glimpses of the horrors the Rakatan's had inflicted upon the other species here. What almost took all of her attention however, was the fact Millia's arm was seemingly encompassing her, sending a jolt through Mi'la's system, though she was unsure if Millia felt it. The woman's application of the Force stemmed a small degree of the pain, but just her proximity alone was enough for Mi'la to put her discomfort out of mind for the time being. Trying to pay attention to what was being said, Mi'la spoke a bit more shyly, though the blushing of her face was rather obvious of her situation. "They probably thought that since the non Rakatan's started it, the cure must have been found within them. Though, I find it interpreting that they let these same people work so closely with them. False loyalty maybe?" She mused, unsure of what to make of it all.

She had began to focus on the sensations she felt, when Millia pointed out that there was an attempt to share the data. Something that caught Mi'la off guard, as she focused on the words. "We can certainly try, and I'd like to avoid getting you sick, though I find your presence to be contagious enough. In a good way." She smiled, pursing her lips as the words left her mouth.

She paused for a moment, eyes faltering from Millia, as her head was throbbing just a tad. "I appreciate your concern, but I...think just being near you gives me strength enough, but..." She hesitated, before leaning into Millia's touch, her own arm gently wrapping gently behind Millia's back, making a half hug between the pair. "You make me feel...odd, but in a good way. It's a mystery to me." She added, reaching out with the Force now, she channeled back towards Millia, allowing their energies to connect, and filling Mi'la's mind with a sense of calm as she did so.

There was certainly a bond that was rapidly forming between them. One that the Twi'lek hadn't properly dealt with before.

Millia was surprised that Mi’la’s feeling in the Force did seem to change when she tried to help. It was something Millia didn’t think was going to work. Something that she was not good at in basic classes and not something she pursued in advanced training. Feeling the difference it made now she thought maybe it was something worth looking into. Or maybe it was just Mi’la. Was this what a crush felt like? When they got out of here there were some feelings Millia was going to have to look into. But for now they had the mission.

“Cause holding the solution is not a bad theory,” Millia said with a nod. “Though all the imagines of virus victims are Rakatans. If the issuers of the virus tailored it to affect only Rakatans, it only makes sense that they would not allow their own genetics to be an easy fix. Even if said genetics were used to create the virus somehow. Another mutation should have been simple enough for someone that smart. But I imagine the Rakatan’s were pretty desperate at the point that they all started dying. Pretending to be part of the cure would be a smart way to stop the Rakatans from finding the true cure.”

The Kuranu Jedi blushed mightily at Mi’la saying her presence was contagious. Everything in her said that was an insult, but the tone in Mi’la’s voice told differently and it made Millia feel so welcome. “And somehow the thought of sharing your germs is not frightening in the least,” it was meant as a compliment, but Millia wasn’t sure if her awkward words came off correctly.

An arm from the Twi’lek Jedi wrapped around Millia and the tingling in her body returned. Mi’la was the first to put voice to the feeling and Millia was happy to hear it was mutual. “I feel it as well. A mystery I would like to solve very much. Whether it be in the process of this mission or finding time after.”

Millia gave a sigh. “The hand holding was not something that would impede us much. I feel like we would put ourselves at risk if we continued along like this. We must look like conjoined twins to anyone looking on. I don’t wish to let go…but I think it would be smarter. Hands again?” It was a hopeful question as she turned her attention to the next door and what hope that they would find what they were looking for before the defense came to life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom