Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring the Noise! (Corellian League Raid on Corellia)

Marcus examined the encrypted message for a few moments before he began to get an idea of what it could mean when translated into basic, at least that is what he hoped Vilaz wanted it translated into. It certainly was Mando'a, however broken, and within a few minutes, he thought that he had some clue as it what it truly meant to say. After cross referencing the final product with other common Mandalorian phrases, he thought he had the message pieced together pretty well. As soon as he was satisfied, he replied to [member="Vilaz Munin"] with the finished product.

Commander-

The message is rough Mando'a. It would roughly come to mean that the author is part of a mercenary company working for the Sith, or their affiliates. The author also asks that someone not force her to honor her contract. That's as close as I could translate it. I hope it helps.

Marcus

[member="Pike Alavar"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Cody Bantam"]
CorSec Headquarters, Coronet

Kalad let out a low curse as Pike led them around a corner, the sight that greeted them warranting nothing less than a blackened oath. Four would be rebels, squaring off against an AT-ST like they’d unlocked the secrets of immortality during the midst of the battle. Idealistic kids, really. The kind that belonged more in a school than on a pitched battlefield, their inexperience shining brilliantly in the way they charged the scout walker with a reckless abandon.

He barely realised he was moving to join them when a hand stopped his advance, dragging him back both a pace and into the grimy realms of cold, hard reality.

It was a rare occasion when Pike could be said to be the voice of reason in the working relationship the two shared, yet this instance it quite likely avoided having five smouldering corpses decorate the streets of coronet as opposed to four. She was right, and he almost hated her for it. The truth was they simply weren’t equipped to deal with light armour. Nor did they have the time to attempt to be creative in bringing the walker down through other means. And ultimately they weren’t getting paid for heroics.

“<Vor entye, Al’ika.>” He managed to grind out curtly as he followed her down the side alley, suddenly eager to put distance between them and the walker. He made a note to send the images to their contractor once the mission was completed. Idiots they might have been, they didn’t deserve to be simply forgotten amongst the masses of the dead that would be joining them this day. “<I forgot where I was for a minute.>”

The rest of their journey was filled with an almost pregnant silence, the crumbling buildings on either side of them serving to mute the sounds battle, broken only by booted feet and the occasional grunt as they wove through the winding passageways that led to the CorSec building. It seemed most of the opposition had been drawn away by the resistance cells that the Corellian League and other groups had set up within the city. All likely as ill-fated as the four martyrs they had left in their wake. Patriotism was a flimsy shield.

A stylised glyph lit up on the edge of his HUD as they drew near the Headquarters, a message breaking through a second later announcing the presence of another friendly within the area. Or so it seemed. In truth, while the message was cast with a Mandalorian code, it was one he was unfamiliar with. Not a huge surprise given his lengthy absence from Mandalorian controlled space, yet one that warranted a touch of caution. The comm channels were abuzz with something about a dar’manda working alongside the sith lines after all. Traitors, like cowards, rarely ventured out alone in his experience.

“<This is Cabur.>” Kalad answered, opting to use a generic cryptonym rather than offer up his real identity to the stranger. Ahead Pike dashed across the vacant street towards the rear of the building. He waited for the dust to settle before following suit, his armoured form making the passage considerably less stealthy than hers, yet thankfully as uneventful as he planted himself to one side of the entrance. The door had been already half blasted from its hinges. The damage flaring outwards as if having come from inside. Seemed like someone was home. “<You’re a little far from the beaten track, vod. I hadn’t realised there were more Mando’ade on this contract.>”

He made a quick motion with his pistol to attract Pike’s attention as he spoke, tapping the side of his helmet with his freehand as he patched her into the conversation on mute. She didn’t appreciate surprises; even welcome ones. If the voice on the other end of the line was legitimate, the last thing they needed was Pike filleting them like her namesake because she wasn’t kept in the loop. “<As much as I ’preciate you holding the door, I have the feeling our reasons for being here only line up geographically. I’m not getting paid to guard real estate. >”

The mag charge he slipped from his belt as he spoke only seemed to underline his point, the shaped directional explosive primed before being slapped against the remains of the door. That done, he nodded to Pike and took a few steps back. “<If you’re smart, I’d recommend getting out while the going is good. Sighted some light armour on the way in.>”

A muffled boom rocked the backend of the building, the door vanishing inwards in a plume of smoke and dust. “<Only a matter of time before they start heading this way. I don’t plan on sticking around to welcome them, ‘lek? >”

Allies: The Corellians; [member="Elpsis Elaris"] | En Route, [member="Kalad Shysa"], [member="Pike Alavar"],
Enemies: the One Sith; N/A
Objective: Eliminate Hostiles, Recapture CorSec HQ

Getting down the ladder wasn't easy, and it wasn't without pain. Nor was it quiet with Symara cursing half way down when her feet touched the duracrete floor she looked back up. "Get rid of the ladder, kid," Symara pauses, "sorry, Elaris." And proceeded to jimmy open the door from their end, "we're on the top floor traffic division is on the bottom floor." She didn't count the stories if she did that then she'd have to realize the ridiculousness of getting up to the roof in the first place. Planting her shoulder to the wall she peeked through the door just as she got it to open, her pistol's muzzle stuck out.

"All clear," she says softly opening the door just a little further, "okay now it's all clear."

Symara winced a little as she slid out and planted her back to the wall, the old blood was now damp on her clothing. Stains dotted the wall behind her as she looked up the stairwell she could see a few Sith struggling with the access to the roof. "Still got a grenade on you, Elaris?" The older woman asked as she leaned over to try and scope out as much as the stairwell as possible. "We can toss one up and finish the rest, or we can slip down to the next floor."

"I'd much rather finish them off and not worry about them coming back down after us," she said although that was accounting for them figuring out how to get up to the roof in the first place. Wincing again she looked over toward the young woman, the building was relatively quiet so the sound of an explosion was easily heard, "either we've got back up or more friends have arrived down below." She moved off the wall, "your lead, c'mon we can't stay here."

It took a couple of minutes for Marcus to reply back to Vilaz with the finished product from the encrypted transmission and with a translation from Mando'a to Galactic Basic. He read the message and would reply to Marcus before forwarding Marcus' transmission to Jorus.

Marcus-

That helps a lot, Marcus. Thanks for the help, I'll make sure to buy you a drink or something.

Vilaz

After that the Mandalorian would forward Marcus' transmission to Jorus.

Jorus-

Here's the decryption and translation of that transmission.

Let me know if you need more decryptions and translations

Vilaz

[member="Marcus Lok"] [member="Jorus Merrill"]

[member="Symara Tarriq"]

Finally they got down the ladder. It was not easy for Elpsis either. She was in better shape than Symara, but her body ached with pain. She quickly got rid of the ladder and followed the sniper, who still hadn't said her name. So the redhead was left with labelling her as the badass, bossy, older, black woman. Hey, if she had a type, then it was a better one than obsessing over space elves and blue Twi'leks! Now that Auntie Siobhan and [member="Valiens Nantaris"] had been duly satirised, she went on her way.

The beskar armour felt heavy on her shoulders and she winced upon feeling a stab of pain in her leg. Her broken nose bloody hurt. Geez, how many freaking stories do we have to godown? she wondered to herself. She could use her jetpack, but that would mean leaving the Corellian alone and she wouldn't do that.

The explosion from earlier had hurt her more than she was comfortable accepting. She sensed the distant Sith troopers even before she heard their boots on the ground. Empathic senses flared to life. They were trying to get to the roof. Well, good luck with that. "Yeah, nabbed one from a stormie," she said curtly. How likely was it that the Plasteel Brigade could come after them? Well, Elpsis had never been one for subtlety.

Planting her back against the wall, she retrieved the grenade, pulled the pin, silently counted down, then tossed it. She still had enough juice left to make sure it was a good throw. Boom. The explosion was quite loud. Same applied to the cries of pain. More blasterfire and shouts could be heard coming from outside. "You still didn't tell me your name. Unless you want me to call you bossy, hot, black sniper lady all the time!" Taking the lead, she moved on. She had beskar armour and was in better shape, so she could play bullet shield.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
CorSec HQ, Coronet

[member="Kalad Shysa"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Cody Bantam"]

The explosion shook their immediate surroundings and the door was launched into the depths of the building itself. Screams and shouts could be heard- shouts of soldiers trying to organize some form of resistance and screams of those in pain after being either hit by the door, the debris or a combination of the two.

There was no hesitation.

The moment the door blew out, Pike rounded the corner and started moving up. Kalad had his visors and she had her eyes- two firm blinks and the area lighted up.

The dark, long shadows creeped back and the imagery was filtered back to her in hues of silver, white and grey. Pike kept moving, trusting that Kalad had her back, while keeping an eye out on any possible friendlies bursting in. The chatter told her as much. Suddenly four troopers rounded the corner, their attention was on the debris, but the attention of her disruptor was on them.

It was in her hands in a brief moment, two went down immediately, the third one managed to get a shot out and the bolt burned its way through the armor on her side, only briefing brushing her flesh.

The rage burned almost as hot as her pain, she jumped on the third one with the stock of her rifle lashing out and caving the trooper’s visor in.

The fourth one was fumbling with his holster, though.

New blood.

Pike unsheathed her dagger for this one.

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
Allies:[member="Keira Ticon"], [member="Julius Sedaire"], [member="Yorin"] and the rest of the Corellian League
Enemies: Sithy Sithers Sithing it up

Aerin was ready when Julius moved in, moving in behind him, noticing two Sith guards standing at the far end of the entry hall and hoping that Julius would take care of them... that is until Aerin realized that he could get the drop on the guards and shoot them as soon as Julius walked into the door. Aerin shoots past the Angry corellian with his .357 LCR and with an insane amount of luck tags the one standing on the right side of the hall in the left shoulder...

Outside CorSec HQ

As "Cabur" warned him about the nearby armor and Alkor only half nodded in response. That meant "watch your ass" in layman's terms, and he understood it well enough. "Rendezvous point," he grunted, "I'm not fussed with anyone inside." He watched the door implode passively as the feminine mercenary headed through the dust, and his HUD picked up several stunned life signs in the carnage. It appeared there was a contract between the Corellians and the Mandalorians in this venture, but Alkor had no intention of asking for details. Those things were between involved parties.

Alkor gestured toward the rooftop. "There was some kind of tussle up there a few minutes ago, but I haven't seen any sign that they cleared out. Whatever it was may have gone inside. Watch your six."

At that point, he gave a stiff thumbs up by way of thanks. As [member="Julius Sedaire"] told them to hit the Ember of Vahl enclave, Alkor headed to group up with him and waved a quick farewell to [member="Kalad Shysa"] . Their meeting had been brief and the man had given what Alkor assumed was an alias, but they were both Mandalorian. That meant despite all the ruckus and lack of formalities, it was his duty to afford the man a warning.

Ember of Vahl enclave

"Darkness," Alkor muttered as the familiarity of it swept across his senses. His comm switched so that only [member="Keira Ticon"] could hear him as he spoke on the condition of the facility. He tasted the venomous sensation on his lips and tongue, and fought to push it away from his thoughts. Julius commented on the nature of their toil within, but the former Jen'jidai did not need to hear it to feel the corruption that lingered over the enclave. Once upon a time, CorSec would have raided this place and ripped it to pieces. "Deeper darkness than I've felt in many years."

When Sedaire kicked in the door, Alkor filed in behind him and scanned the room quickly. Two shots fired off from his three, and he glanced over to where [member="Aerin The Lost"] had decided to take some potshots at one of the Embers. The shoulder wound was hardly enough to put a proper guard down, let alone a Sith bathed in wicked darkness. Alkor raised his shotgun and trained the weapon on the Ember's center of mass, fired, and watched the Sith fold.

He wasted no time with the second bogey, though Julius probably could have handled it. It was important to establish a foothold before they charged in head first. The shot went off its mark, but the impressive choke on his weapon kept the intensity at a brutally efficient level. It struck the cultist in the chest, and the impact put her down. "Area clear," he confirmed so that all the others could hear. "Take a minute to group up. I'm detecting some heat signatures en route to our position. I'll take point."

Alkor stepped out ahead of the others to give Julius and his ragtag band of Corellian misfits a chance to collect themselves and prepare for the worst. Keira and Alkor represented the minority in this situation, armored Mandalorians with a chip on their shoulders. Originally, he'd decided not to acknowledge that she called him 'vod'ika' again, but now he took the time to address her other statement. "Sedaire told me about this little tea party," he explained, "only felt right to lend a hand to you people taking back your home."

Allies: The Corellians; [member="Elpsis Elaris"] | En Route, [member="Kalad Shysa"], [member="Pike Alavar"],

"Tarriq, Symara Tarriq," she introduced herself, "and you know, hot sniper lady sounds really good." Symara followed Elaris, and thought for a moment, "you know, if we can get down to traffic I can pull some armor off the dead guys I killed earlier." She mentions plainly, "wait," she had to get her bearings, even if the floor layout itself hadn't been changed all that much since Corellia had gone under. Sith did a feth of a job at changing things around, "there should be barracks on this level."

This level referred to what had once been an overnight cage that was turned into barracks by the Sith. She had lost track of where they were in relation to her memory of the place, she knew they were about two floors down from the rooftop. Things were a little quiet now but that only meant the Sith were busy with things down below or in the tunnels that lead into CorSec. Symara was slow to move, she still needed specialized care and without it moved about as fast as a uxibeast grazing in the plains. She doesn't know how far they had gotten (not that far), but her body ached. "Elaris." She calls out as she plants her back to the wall again, she checks her blaster pistol and just holds up a hand, "give me a moment, old age and all that tends to catch up with you after a while."

"Down here!" A lieutenant shouts, "there! There they are! Get the rebels!"

"Kark," Symara says and aims her blaster pistol, squeezing the trigger her rapid aimshot misses by a mile, "gah! I couldn't hit the broadside of a freighter." Two of the stormtroopers launch their grenades toward them, and Symara reacts quickly shooting both of them "Ha!"

The blast connects with the ceiling which in turn brings part of the floor above them down, Symara quickly holds onto Elaris hoping the young girl would be enough. Between the two grenades and the firepower that had been shoved down the door leading to the roof. The floor between them was feeling weak, "hey Elaris, might be a good time to get to the other end of the hall." She whispers pointing to where the other ladder access would be, as it is also tucked into a stairwell. The stormtroopers stand between them and said ladder access, "you got a plan with your," Symara wiggles her fingers, "space magic."

[member="Symara Tarriq"]

Well, their situation still kind of sucked. Things had not gone FUBAR, but they sucked. What was the solution? More explosions, of course. The application of brute force was an unfairly maligned method of problem-solving. Stormtroopeers blocked their getaway by blocking the path to the ladder access. The floor between them was feeling weak. Part of the floor above them caved in when the grenades exploded. Columns of smoke and dust billowed up into the air, making Elpsis cough, whilst debris rained down upon them.

The redhead managed to push the blast back and contain it...somewhat. She grit her teeth when a hot shard of shrapnel sliced through her cheek. Her power pushed outward to toss debris away, her shoulder howled in pain when something hard and stone-like made contact with it. Ouch. There was no time to catch her breath and patch herself up. The plasteel-clad, blaster-wielding goons had to go and fast.

"Didn't you say it's a hokey religion?" Elpsis could not resist snarking while the stormtroopers unloaded blasters. On the bright side, all the debris provided them with some cover, but that would not last. Igniting with a snap-hiss, her lightsabre's hilt projected a crimson blade. Once upon a time it had belonged to a Sith, hence the colour. "I'll burn the bitches and stab 'em up close. Cover me." She retracted the gauntlet of her free hand, then a ball of flame manifested in the palm. Her eyes glowed crimson, sweat dripped down her bruised, bloodied face, then a blast of blazing heat and blinding light swept towards the stormtroopers.

The cries of pain were like a choir of angels for her ears. The young redhead broke into a sprint and charged, using the Force to leap into the fray. One stormtrooper whimpered as he fell backward and hit the ground like a sack of potatoes when she thrust her sabre into him. Air rasped through a hole in his chest, blood leaked from vessels that had not been cauterised when the tip of her ruby blade passed through.

Soon after he'd dropped to the floor, a fellow trooper, already badly scorched by the fire, followed suit when she sliced his gun in twain and decapitated him. His head rolled across the floor. However, despite her spirited charge, the redhead did not get it all her way. Rifles were cumbersome to use at close quarters, but while she was occupied parrying aside the blow of a vibroblade, a stormtrooper slammed the butt of his rifle into the back of her head. Blood dripped out of an unpleasant looking wound. Ouch.

The girl really should have worn a helmet. She stumbled, and a blaster bolt found a joint and sliced through her underarm. Beskar was a remarkable materiel, but the joints between the armour plates were vulnerable because they lacked the heavy plating. A crackle of white hot pain surged through her arm, blasting through her senses, even though tutaminis did its part. The burning pain matched the incandescent fury that filled her soul. Her lightsabre had fallen out of her grasp, but instincts took over and she knocked the first stormtrooper down by delivering a savage kick.

Quickly drawing upon the Force, she used her power to push the second soldier's aim off target. His bolt hit the wall and she leapt into action, snapping his wrist as she twisted the blaster from him. The soldier tried to heabutt her, but she grabbed his helmet and her hands began to burn. He howled in pain when she flooded him with heat. His helmet began to smoke, the blood in his arteries was boiling hot. With his body temperature climbing to an absurd degree, he burnt from the inside out. As for the trooper from earlier, he'd recovered and wanted to shoot at her. Maybe the cool black lady could get rid of him.

Allies: [member="Alkor Centaris"] / [member="Aerin The Lost"] / [member="Keira Ticon"] / [member="Yorin"]
Enemies: All Sith

Stalking forward, his rage did not calm, but the more of the darkness he felt, the more of it boiled from him in a slow simmer of fury. Quietly he heard the words of a recent mentor warning him of this feeling, but at this moment in time Julius didn't care much. He motioned to Aerin to keep behind with the others of the squad, wanting the untested man out of the way. As others synched up, checked ammo and tightened armor, the Corellian Jedi paced the floor for just long enough. They were coming, and he felt them coming, like an apex predator might sense and ignore a carrion eater in their domain. The small grouping rounded the corner with smirks on their face, one wielding a lightsaber with burning red blades. Fury etched on his face, Julius raised the hilt of his own, the blade hissing back to life.

"Mine..."

The call our was unmistakable, and he locked eyes to Alkor for a moment, the instruction for following him clear as he suddenly lurched forward. His form streaked down the hall, blaster fire following it, and suddenly he twisted along the wall, looping to the ceiling through his use of Inertia and falling back down behind the Sith and striking out. Silver met red over and over in flurries and blazes, as the other two guards were distracted with the rest of his company. Complete faith in those who were behind him was the simple answer for the lack of concern and charging into the enemy in such a manner as he just had. The less simple answer was one could question whether Julius was really concerned with his own life anymore or not.

Blades locked, spitting sparks and sputtering, and Julius swung a left hook quite suddenly, taking the man deep in a feinted-uppercut to the groin. Stalling for timing and positioning he had managed to drop to one knee still holding the others' blade in lock. As soon as he dropped he pushed upwards, throwing the other off balance, and brought the hand around in a round-ending uppercut, burning the Force through muscles and sinews, just like he had so long ago when still new to the Alliance. The hit connected resoundingly with a codpiece, but such was the overbearing oomph behind it it merely crumpled the duraplast and lifted the poor victim off the floor and a few inches into the air as Julius leapt to the air and delivered a shattering kick in the same method to the point of the mans' chin, and then a final punch that cracked the breasplate.

And promptly missed the Acolytes' superior coming up behind him, who pumped him full of lightning, ripping a scream from his throat as he jerked in protest.

D R A L L
The Corellia Digital Building

PROGRESS | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

The young Anzat's eyes drifted up from the progress bar display on the HoloBoy Advanced to the animated graphics of the HoloGame Super Mando'a Brothers.

The holographic display engine of the HoloStation 4 supplied the interactive experience, immersing the small boy in an environment in which the entire room was transfigured into a video game landscape in which the characters interacted. A touchpad controller in the child's lap was used to help navigate and control through the game. His legs kicking idly from over the side of the bed, the tow-headed boy kept himself entertained as he waited for the viral delivery package to finish uploading to the orbital communications satellite so that he could try to hijack one of its available interface ports.

Wireless communications for the win!

...though, come to think of it, he hadn't heard from [member="Julius Sedaire"] for a bit. Which could be a good thing. But it could also be a bad thing.

He hoped Julius was still alive. For one, he was still hoping the man brought him back something from Corellia but, two, he was going to kill the Corellian Broadcasting Company's signal between Corellia and Selonia's sun-ward side when he sliced that communications satellite. Which meant no holo-cartoons for Drall.

If he was going to miss today's episode of Solo Universe, Julius better be alive to appreciate the Sith negation effects of this meaconing thing.

If it worked at all. Which was a completely different something.

Music
Allies: [member="Julius Sedaire"], [member="Alkor Centaris"], [member="Aerin The Lost"], [member="Yorin"]
Enemies: Sith

With Alkor speaking to her directly Keira granted him the same, cutting her comms with the others so as to only converse with one that was more family than the others, despite the sentiment most all Corellians held about their own. "Sith." The way she spoke the word made it sound like a curse by itself, which it may as well have been. "They have a way of tainting everything they come across. I only wish they would have never gotten this far." It would take awhile, she knew, to cleanse the darkness from the planet, if indeed they ever truly took it for their own. This was a start, but she knew there was far more to be done. There would have to be more war, more clashes like this. More death.

The way he referred to Corellia as if he hadn't been born and raised here just as them caused her to give him a look not seen so much as felt. "This is your home too. I don't care what happened in the past. You're Corellian just as much as Mandalorian, whether you like it or not." His mention of Julius drew some semblance of a smile from her. "You can trust Julius. I've known him for quite some time. He's a good man." Not that she would admit such a thing to his face in everyday conversation, but it was something she believed regardless. He was the better of the two of them, and that was something she wanted to preserve. Unlike her, he still had a chance.

And that was why her attention was drawn directly to him when she felt the sheer emotion emanating from his form, hovering tentatively on the line between light and dark. Instantly her comms switched to his frequency, "I swear by all Nine Hells that if you turn I'll kick your shebs myself. Watch yourself, Sedaire." The threat was sincere and well-meaning all at once, and she didn't grant him a chance to respond before once again she opened up communications with everyone, so as to keep them all connected in what was an impending battle. Once more she would be facing down Sith, though of a weaker strain than the numerous Lords she had taken on in the past.

Soon enough Julius laid his claim to the lives of one of those present, and she followed suit not long after, her manner far more impromptu. Rather than waste time with igniting her saber and formally initiating combat she simply darted towards one of the other acolytes, poised for her phrik-plated shoulder to meet his chest in a maneuver that would certainly break bone, had he not been fast enough to get out of the way. Almost instantly she skidded to a stop, turning on her heel to regard him. His blade snap-hissed into existence, hers remaining inert at her waist. He seemed to be waiting for her to make a move for a moment, and her head merely cocked to the side in response. She began moving forward, taking a few steps forward, and he soon enough closed the gap just as he swung his blade.

Whereas most would have dodged she merely reached up with her left hand and caught the crimson saber, cybernetically enhanced grip instantly tightening about it and wrenching to the side, throwing it from his hands due to the unexpectedness of her nonchalant defense. Her right hand swung around in a fierce right hook that connected squarely with his jaw. She followed up by closing her left hand about his throat and bringing him to the ground, crushing his windpipe and neck both, resulting in instantaneous death.

[member="Pike Alavar"] | [member="Symara Tarriq"] | [member="Elpsis Elaris"] | [member="Cody Bantam"]

CorSec Headquarters, Coronet

A flash of blue lanced out from the settling dust cloud, catching the fourth and final member of the squad high in the throat. He dropped like a sack of topatoes, clutching his throat in a feeble attempt to stave off the inevitable. A bad way to go; yet a mercy killing in light of what Pike was capable when of a mood. A second shot put the youth out of his misery as the Mandalorian moved through the breach, once more finding himself having to step past the body trail his partner frequently left in her wake.

He didn’t feel the need to speak; his disapproval was practically palpable in the way he refused to meet her gaze as he continued into the compound. This was the second time in as many encounters that she had got herself wounded by a stray shot. An inch or two to the right and he would’ve been stepping over her corpse. A fine line separated the bold and the reckless. For Pike it seemed almost non-existent. While he would be loath to admit it, the thought to the brunette finding herself in an early grave over some no-name losers was actually troubling. He’d just gotten used to her eccentricities.

“<K’oyaci, vod. Ret’urcye mhi.>” Kalad responded to [member="Alkor Centaris"] as he picked his way through the debris, once more allowing his HUD to superimpose a map of the headquarters before his eyes. Intelligence gleaned by the Corellian League placed the prisoners in the basement cells. Unless the Sith had taken to doing some serious remodelling over the last year or so, they should be able to access them via the turbolifts located just beyond the interrogation-cum-torture suites.

The basement itself comprised of row upon row of cells, radiating out from a central office in the middle, with estimates of between five and ten targets of interest crammed into each cell. Too many to lead out through the front door with just two mercenaries as cover, but the secret access tunnels that ran beneath the CorSec building that were used to transport high value prisoners to and from the local court house would be perfect for getting them out under the Sith noses. With any luck, their ride out should be already be station for the pick-up.

His attention was dragged away from the maps as a meaty boom resounded from above, the building rumbling with the concussive force of an explosion. Fracture lines spider-webbed their way down the walls a few seconds later as the structural integrity of the headquarters took a nose dive. He imagined he would’ve heard the ominous sounds of cracking duracrete if it wasn’t for the hellish and tortured screams that drowned them out. Seemed someone was having quite the shindig up there.

Hopefully their invite was lost in the mail.

“<Dala, we need to move fast.>” He broke into a face-paced military jog, cutting across the scattered remains of the CorSec bullpen, the map winking out of existence as his helmet switched back to low-light settings. A shadowy figure loomed out from the left to intercept, a spray of arterial green staining the walls as Kalad’s curved-bladed beskad whistled from its sheath. His comrade fairing little better as she took two shots to the belly, her plastoid armour blackening as she fell, a third and final shot silencing her before she could open her mouth to scream. Seemed more combatants were coming out of the woodwork now. Likely to avoid the carnage that was occurring in the upper levels.

“<Breach the lift doors.>” He ordered as they neared the lifts, turning to cover her with blaster and blade, his armour crunching into a filing cabinet as he used it to stop his momentum. Another scratch in the already tarnished paintwork. “<We’ll rope our way down and blow the lifts to stop them following.>”

"Hey!" Symara shouted and groaned, "fething kids these days, I swear."

The older woman was in no shape for running after a charging battering ram, with her ribs in the condition they were. She simply went prone, the duracrete backed tile felt cold against her body. There was wincing and sharp inhales of breath as she laid down the troopers were too close for her to use her sniper rifle so she set about using her blaster pistol to take out the others beyond the redhead's field of view. Feth this kid was brutal, Symara thought to herself, her blaster bolts flying from her pistol and into a few troopers, one that the kid put down earlier was getting up, "and stay down." She says to no one as the bolt flies from the muzzle and strikes right into the trooper's back.

Rolling up to her good side, Symara was able to push herself up off the ground grabbing a power pack from her utility belt as she discharged the other one. Limping along the wall she stood absolutely still as the walls began to crack down from where the grenades had struck. "Elaris," she says carefully as she steadily makes her way toward the redhead. Stepping over charred remains, "while I appreciate the voodoo that you do, we gotta get outta here." Symara finally tells her as she makes it across the hall and points to the damage above them, "c'mon ladder's this wa-"

Oh lovely, more troopers.

She took a five-foot step up drawing out her sniper rifle, "stay behind me, huh." Symara looks over her shoulder and even turns her body just to see Elaris more, her hand comes to make contact with the young redhead patting her cheek, "you did good, kid. Now it's my turn." Turning back around toward the contingent of troopers she made note of the grenades they had on them, and of the equipment they wore. The troopers were down the stairwell blocking the ladder access but there was just enough room between them and her that she could get a decent running start.

Her boots hit the ground, her rifle held in both hands Symara slid under the hail of bolts coming toward her and used the butt end of her sniper rifle to hit up into someone's armor. She followed this up with the other end of the rifle smacking into them, she thinks she hears the rifle crack a little but doesn't stop to assess the damage. Symara grabs for his rifle just as he drops it, it's a carbine but it'll do. In close range, the carbine was going to do a lot more damage than the pistol and be way more accurate than her own sniper rifle. She didn't have the force, she didn't have anything but her clothes and her guns. Symara's training took over as she fired off rounds into at least two more troopers ducking under the swing of one vibroblade but catching a second as it sliced across her body.

The sniper's eyes flashed, but her movements didn't stop the will she had from earlier powered her through, but the wound would slow her down, significantly. Grabbing for someone's belt, she pulled off two grenades, "run!" She shouted as she pulled the pin and chucked it above the crowd of troopers, the grenade bounced off a wall and back down toward the stairwell. The same stairwell where she was now being dragged down by sith troopers, a vicious boom was heard and the cracked walls from the middle of the hall now snaked their way toward this end of the building. She was fading, and she was fading fast taking more hits than she could dodge, the grenade took out another guy but she was still facing at least three more guys, if not four.

Pulling the pin on the second grenade, Symara closed her eyes and swallowed hard. She was tired, and as she threw the grenade forward she seemed ready to make peace with death. Another explosion this time in the stairwell itself, the sniper looked behind her, kicking one guard down just enough for her to use her carbine to blow open the ladder doors, "Elaris! Run!" She shouts again through the debris firing off the carbine into one more guy before she takes a vicious punch to the face.

She faded into the realm of unconsciousness, her body limp, blood seeping out from the earlier wound. Symara swore she could feel her wife's embrace...

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90PRvlhOLSk[/media]​

D R A L L
The Corellia Digital Building

Now they were in business.

Pausing his hologame, the boy tossed the HoloStation controller onto the floor and swiped the HoloBoy Advanced from off the bed. Flopping onto his back, the youngling knight's legs folded up atop the duvet as his thumbs tapped out a quick execution string.

On board the satellite, the trojan was unpacking the worm. The worm, in turn, was replicating itself across the systems. As it did, it was pinging all the available ports and then sending information in data packets back along the same transmission string that had sent the execute command.

446x98 closed
789x41 closed
889x11 closed
889x14 open

Heeeeeellllo!

SQL inject on port 889x14 and... we're in.

Popping up off the bed, the small Anzat shouted, "OH YEAH!" as he jumped up with both arms raised triumphantly overhead. Of course there was no one to hear him. And his teddy bear was likely not impressed.

Dropping down onto his butt, the boy sat on the floor as he started getting to work. Placing the HoloBoy Advanced down on the carpet in front of him, a series of holograms appeared in the air. Network schematics. Human language interface modules. Frequency wavelength diagrams.

Reaching up, the child began using his hands to alter, manipulate, and re-shape the holograms in the air. The Corellian Broadcast Channel satellite was made to broadcast signals out over a wide area. He was going to use that, but in a different way.

Instead of broadcasting signals, it was going to be reflecting them back.

Instead of covering a wide area, it was going to be a narrow region - such as the orbital field of a single planet - allowing greater power along the wavelength.

Satellites such as these routinely scanned for possible signal interference, such as from passing ships, in order to modulate their frequencies to maintain broadcast without interruption. Pulling up the most recent ambient noise scan gave the Anzat an idea of what kind of signals that the Sith fleet was broadcasting for navigation or weapons control.

Plugging those exact frequencies in, the boy rigged the satellite to transmit in a limited directional field that was aimed at the source of those transmission. Which, hopefully was the Sith fleet that he'd been told about. As he did, he pinged [member="Julius Sedaire"] on the comlink. "All right, that fleet overhead just got front row seats to a Mandalorian metal concert."

I think. But he didn't say that last part.

What's done was done. Or not done. Whichever may have been the case.

Did he mention he just made hologames?

"But I can't guarantee how long that'll last, so whatever you're gonna do... do it soon."

[member="Symara Tarriq"]

"Elaris! Run!"

At this point Elpsis was at a crossroads. The sensible thing would have been to take her chances and escape, leaving the wounded Corellian to her fate, bleeding out on the floor of the ruins of Cor-Sec HQ. That would have probably been smart. Or cowardly, depending on your point of view. Explosions rocked the area, the ladder doors were open. However, Symara was down, fading fast and bleeding all over the place. Three, if not four, stormtroopers remained and the black woman was running out of time. At this point, Elpsis was not doing well herself. She was bleeding, her body ached and she was feeling drained.

"No fething way." However, she was furious. So she charged into action. The stormtrooper who'd punched Symara earlier was lifted by an invisible hand and hurled down the stairwell with perhaps excessive force. Seeing how unstable the place had become due to all the explosions, soldiers were taking to flight. They elected to do the smart thing. The stairwell was coming undone as the cracked walls began to cave in. Symara was unconscious and unable to move. Pushing herself as far as she could, Elpsis bolted and raced towards Symara, running mostly on adrenaline at this point.

All around her there was chaos. A portion of the building was crumbling, explosions rocked it. The only bright side was that the Sith soldiers realised they had more important things to do than shoot at her. Like, run so that they did not get buried, too!

Running as fast as her tired, aching legs could carry her, she scooped the sniper up into her arms. Carrying her was easier said than done, for Elpsis was the opposite of rested and weighed down by her armour. The stairs were starting to crumble, and debris rained down. She did her best to dodge the falling bricks, but then yelped in pain when something hard struck her back. White hot pain flooded her and dazed her senses, she was lucky to maintain her balance and keep herself from falling, not to mention hold on to Mara. Her lightsabre had fallen from her grasp and was lost. RIP lightsabre.

The air was filled with smoke and she coughed badly. As the ground beneath her became unstable and a chasm seemed to open in the middle of the stairwell, the redhead activated her jetpack and used it to leap. ARGH gear was damn good. Would it be enough? Would Symara survive or bleed to death? She was about to find out.

Kruel Zing

Allies: The Corellian League, [member="Julius Sedaire"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Aerin The Lost"]
Enemies: Sith
Objective: Control Enclave defenses and support Corellian's

The humming sound of the lightsaber finally stopped as the crimson saber was pulled from the door a glowing red circle cut into the durasteel. Yorin was already prepared for the fight, he didn’t reach down for a lightsaber, nope he had a weapon perfect for dealing with Sith and that was the sonic rifle. Leveling the weapon at the door Yorin used his other hand to slap a datapad into the control terminal where a worm would be uploaded into the system and begin snatching up whatever information it could. Locations of other such temples, possibly relics that the Corellian’s could take from the Sith and all manner of information. All he had to do was hold out. A quick glance to the screen showed that the corellian’s he had let out of their cells were in the armory and gearing up.

Moving to the left Yorin saw the circle of metal come flying at him pushed by an invisible energy. It flew so fast and hard that Yorin was sure if he hadn’t moved he’d be a splatter on the wall. From outside poured in two Sith. A twi’lek flanked by a Duros. Greeting them like a proper host should Yorin let loose with shot after shot of the sonic rifle. The sound echoed off the walls of the chamber damaging the ears of the Sith while the rounds tore through the Duros’ chest turning his body into mush that painted the wall. Blood even lashed back on Yorin coating his chest. Seeing what happened to his partner the Twi’lek leapt across the chamber hoping to strike Yorin down. He became a blur and brought the saber down first across the barrel of the rifle and then back up cutting off Yorin’s right hand. The limb went flying into the air changing from the color of human flesh to a silvery blue.

The twi’lek’s victory was assured, at least that’s what it thought as Yorin’s hand grew back in an instant and he changed the hand to have sharp claws on the end that he used to grab onto the Sith’s neck. Digging the claws in Yorin yanked back blood coating his new appendage and spraying across his form.

[member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Yorin"] | [member="Aerin The Lost"] | [member="Flint Michigan"] | [member="Elpsis Elaris"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Symara Tarriq"] | [member="Kalad Shysa"] | [member="Pike Alavar"] | [member="Kitt Solo"] | [member="Titan Kryze"] | [member="Cody Bantam"] | [member="Jorus Merrill"]

Julius screamed at the lightning, dead to words and influence and lost in his own grief. Deprived of the home, when he finally saw how far the One Sith had gone against it, it was as if the one thing he had begun to build his identity as he climbed from the dredgery of his life on the Outer Rim had been willfully destroyed by these people. As the lightning arced into him his lightsaber fell from spasming fingers to clatter dead to the floor, and he hit his knees next to it, bending backwards. Pain and agony echoed in his screams and his aura, but a sudden spike bloomed and dwarfed them both, a blinding Light. A potent rage reeking of righteous sacrifice as he stood, the lightning from the Sith Lord coalescing in his hands and pooling like liquid fire or energy made manifest.

Darron had taught the swordmaster of Socorro a very few things in their limited visit after Coruscant... But his words still echoed in his mind, and it was them that drove his desperate attempt now as he took a step forward, and the lightning from the Sith faltered, and weakened. Burns crossed his face and his robes smoldered with char and brimstone, holes burnt into them all around from wild arcing energy. And suddenly he took another step forward on the confused Lord, and with a thrust forward of his hands, brilliant green energy burned forth from his palms, a steady and cold rage in his eyes, the smolder of controlled emotion and detachment.

He felt the rage, recognized it as his, but stood still apart from it except to stand as conduit and funnel it through himself. Electric Judgement was something many Jedi frowned on, and that Julius himself didn't know about. But in this case, he would take whatever would serve. Pure emerald lightning poured and arced from his upraised arms, striking the Sith as they had struck the Corellian, burning flesh and hair beneath the mask as the bloodied Green Jedi stalked forward again and again, each step seeing him stand taller and more firm, his chin rise from the slump of moments ago. There would be no surrender. If he died, he died on his feet.

Suddenly there was a crack, audibly as someone from behind the Sith Lord swung a rather nasty blow to the back of his head, sending him stumbling forward. The electric judgement cut short of killing the other as Julius stared in surprise at a ragtag group of people in CorSec uniforms, probably recently free by [member="Yorin"], descended like a pack of wolves on the Lord. Gunshots, a blaster whine, and the schink of knives on flesh and against armorweave sounded, and Julius held his hand up to slow his companions. The only other motion was to press a single button to alert all his crew that had shown and was monitoring their private comms.

It was time to blow this joint. Rescue who they could, finalize hand overs of the various small arms, munitions, explosions and body armor that they had smuggled in for the resistance they hoped to form. And to blow the charges he had placed for certain folks like [member="Yorin"]. As the CorSec dressed operatives retreated from the now desecrated corpse of the Sith Lord, Julius turned to them and reached out... Unless his mind were fooled, they all held the presence of anger, but not of the Dark Side like a sith would... Ten or so bodies were all that had made it out of the Enclave to this point. He would have to hope he was not damning any of his brethren to a fiery death.

"Alright, lets move out. I'll set a beacon for extraction. Anyone listening, blow your charges and destroy your targets, not sure how long the Sith Fleet will remain scrambled like this..."

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
[member="Julius Sedaire"] ,[member="Keira Ticon"] ,[member="Alkor Centaris"], [member="Yorin"]

Aerin watched as the sith fell at the hands of his allies, looked at the last unengaged Ember and shot him dead in the face with his slugthrower pistol. Surprised that that had worked Aerin looked down at said pistol "wow, glad I was quick on the draw" Aerin then proceeded to a pillar that had been pointed out on schematics prior to the raid, while grabbing one of the dead Ember's lightsabers and stuffing it in his bag on his way to the pillar. Aerin hastily places the charge and hurries back to the group of escapees and Julius.

"Charge placed boss, now lets get all of us outta here while we still have pulses." Not even waiting to explain why he took one of the sabers, he quickly heads to the outer doors after tossing Julius the detonator for the charge and awaiting orders at the entrance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom