Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring the Noise! (Corellian League Raid on Corellia)

Allies: The Corellians
Enemies: the One Sith
Objective: Eliminate Hostiles, Recapture CorSec HQ
Location: CorSec HQ, En Route to the Roof // Securing Drop Sites.

There's a silence that plays in Symara's mind, the same silence she choked on when her eyes first laid upon the broken Corellia. The screams caught in her throat, and all she could think about were her daughters, her wife, and her mothers. She was not alone, her unit, her commanding officer and even the enlisted were all aghast to see what laid before them. Her hand planted against the frame of the vessel as the tears fell from her eyes. The same tears that now began to streak down her face, the sadness and frustration from that day welled up again.

As she walked up toward the roof, she felt the coldness of her desperation. A year spent trying to put all her failures together, to try and understand what she could have done differently. But there was nothing, what could she have done? She had been deployed, only to return home to brokenness. On her way to the roof, she noticed a small force of troopers heading for an armory. And as she looked at them, all she could see were the blood of all the innocent Corellians that had been spilled. All she could see were the faces of the dead. The mass graves, and the sight of her home ...

She didn't even blink before her rage took over, and she started off into a fast paced walk to catch them, this turned into a jog that turned into sprint. This turned into her hand reaching for the nearest trooper's shoulder to pull it back and punch him square in the chest. Plastoid to plastoid connects, and she kicks into the chest of another, there's a crack and it's his armor that cracks as he lands onto the duracrete floor.

Symara ducks under a third punch but takes a fourth, she comes up to elbow the third man and head bash the fourth. Her head's ringing, but she doesn't care. She sinks both arms around these guys as if they're holding her up just so she can plant both boots into the first guy she punched. Push off of him and flip back onto her feet and grab hold of their E-11 carbines and mow them down the first contingent ahead of her sees this and she drops the carbine.

Grabs her rifle and runs plunging it like a horizontal bar into their chest and pushing them back into a stairwell. Two guys try to keep their footing, but a third loses it as she boots them down. She watches them stumble down, Symara cuts behind her and into the armory where she grabs a slugthrower and comes back out and starts pumping slugs. The recoil hurts, a lot and she's having trouble maintaining her stance enough that one guy gets her into a spear tackle and she loses the slugthrower.

He's heavier than her and he knows it. She was tossed back into the armory but there's nothing in reach. Something glints in the light and it's his vibroblade. Symara knees into him twice, getting him to yield just enough so she can grab at his blade. There's silence and then his head rolls, and she rolls out from under his body. Dropping the bloody blade she, Symara winces in pain, she thought she heard a crack when she landed, and most likely it was one of her bones. Which, she wasn't sure.

She grabs ahold of a blaster rifle and a pistol, a holster for the pistol and a vibrodagger that she can slap around her leg in a sheath. She takes a utility belt and hooks two frags, two smokes and a flashbang on it. Symara can hear more boots and decides to head out toward the ladder access at the back of the stairwell where the bodies of the troopers now laid. Pushing one aside she makes the ascent. Out on the rooftop she grabs a piece of debris and sticks it through the door handle and checks that for now, it'll hold. Heading toward a nice part of the top here she sets up.

Her sweet spot is between 320 and 480, anything outside of those numbers and she'll have to kiss those shots to the wind. She adjusts her scope and begins to line up shots at drop zone A. "Okay boys, mommy's only got six shots, so y'all gonna have to share."

[member="Pike Alavar"] | [member="Kalad Shysa"] | [member="Cody Bantam"] | [member="Elpsis Elaris"]​

Van Bri'tsyd

Professional Man of Mystery
Objective: Corellia, CorSec HQ
Allies: [member="Tskolo Ree"] | [member="Pike Alavar"] | [member="Julius Sedaire"]
Enemies: TBD -

The braking rockets fired second before they touched down hard upon Corellia. Cody cursed as the shock sent the breath from his lungs. These damn cheap pods did the trick but they were nothing like the republic ones he had used for most of his career. Say what you will about the state of the GR, they made karking good stuff and with the shoe string budget Cody was now having to live with he missed having nice things.

As the explosive bolt on the pod door detonated, Cody quickly unstrapped and grabbed his rifle keen on departing with his men as they met whatever challenges may appear. The whole pack of ten drop pods had made it to ground. Wth only two manned the remainder had been packed with whatever shootie weapons they had been able to get their hands on.

Built for stealth the pods not well armored, should any resistance be waiting for them they would sure be able to do some damage if they perchance targeted those pods.Cody only hoped his intel was accurate and they had landed in a partially abandoned warehouse district that was the home to the newly formed resistance and not a trap of sorts.

Coronet City, en route to CorSec HQ

Live rounds rained down on the defenses, and Alkor watched it all unfolding on his HUD. They were isolated in terms of the city itself, but the fallout scattered for miles and the turbulence was more than adequate to shake up half of the already halved world. Fire stained the skyline as turbolasers unloaded into the unfortified ruins that surrounded the capital city and flecks of dirt and dust scratched at the visor of his buy'ce. It was an entirely different sensation from walking amidst the rubble and feeling entirely apathetic. Alkor held his weapon in both hands and walked with numbness grasping at his heart. He had landed ahead of most of the others for a strategic reason, but this was something he had to do.

He could hear ancient howls in the Force from when the planet had been ripped apart, and he grit his teeth as he tried to silence them. Thousands of Corellian lives ended in an instant as the timeless evil tore two entirely different planets from wholly other galaxies and spliced them together. The calamity had his mind reeling. "Shut it out," he reminded himself audibly. "Shut it out. Close yourself off from it. You have to do it."

As a student of the Followers of Palawa, Alkor had learned the secrets of emptying his mind of substance and voiding itself to the Force. It was a respite in times of such calamity, but it also deprived him of his augmented senses. He knew in this moment that failing to do so, he would be overwhelmed by visions of the past. This was not the time for that. There were hundreds of years of Corellian history since he left, and there would be time enough for them later.

Now, there was Corellia.

He reopened his eyes without the Force nudging at his thoughts. He stared with renewed focus into the HUD and lifted his weapon, searching for a target. It would not be long before he found one. "There are allied forces holed up at the CorSec headquarters, Centaris," the voice of a comms officer belted into his helmet. "Acknowledge?"

"I read," he replied, "sorry, I got distracted."

"You have to stay on guard," the voice chided, "you have to think like a warrior. That means what you can do, not what the shabla Force can make you do." Shabla. What does that mean? "Can't have you dying before we make an honest to Kad Mando out of you, bur'cya."

"I appreciate the sentiment, Esh," Alkor chuckled. "Can you get me into CorSec HQ from where I am? I'm still running a basic HUD suite, so I don't have the live HoloNet uplink."

"You got it," Esh replied, "give me a minute to upload the data package, and you'll have a layout of the restructured Coronet to play with. Don't go getting yourself killed while you wait, though."

"It's clear," Alkor informed the comm's officer, "I haven't seen any resistance yet. If they're planning on fighting back, I haven't seen much worth worrying about."

"They're Dar'jetii," the voice rebutted. "Underestimate them if you want to end up dead."

Alkor nodded. He knew that. "Right," he muttered.

"I have location confirmed on the Jedi named Sedaire, Centaris. Establish a rendezvous point and hold it until he can link up with you. After that, I can clear the radio waves for you and keep the Sith disoriented."

"Acknowledged," he responded. "We'll rally at the HQ. Got them coordinates for me, yet?"

"Transmitting now. Also, I've sent your location to Sedaire as well. Good luck, Alkor."

And the fun begins...

[member="Julius Sedaire"]​

[member="Symara Tarriq"]

Perhaps her coordinates had simply been off. This was quite possible since Elpsis had not been particularly precise. Perhaps the intel was simply faulty. Maybe it was a combination of both factors. Either way, as it turned out Elpsis' LZ was far from free of hostiles. Then again, a drop pod racing towards the planet with the speed of a minor comet was not particularly subtle in the first place.

The moment she'd landed, blaster bolts rained down upon her. One might wonder why people were still willing to fight and die for the crumbling One Sith Empire, but there were rational explanations for this. There were diehard patriots and Sith fanatics who thought they needed to make a last stand. Or believed the Dark Lord would rise again and save them. After all, more absurd things had happened. Then there were Corellian collaborators who'd compromised themselves so much during the occupation that only death awaited them anyway.

Elpsis did not care about their reasons. All she saw was a devastated, abused world full of suffering. They served Sith, and thus they were her enemy. Precognition gave her a headsup before the bolts started flying. Her Mark One Bolter roared, spitting out APEB rounds. The gun was not just a weapon, it was like an extention of herself. When she took aim, fracture lines formed across her vision, resembling fault lines. Two Sith troopers fell to the ground like sacks of potatoes and did not get up again. Smoke coiled off their chests. Their pain slammed into Elpsis' mental walls as she felt the empathic backlash, but her defences held, though it distracted her momentarily. Hearing a warning in the Force she ran, hastening towards cover as more red bolts and projectiles shot through the air.

Boom. A grenade launcher barked and the drop pod exploded. The craft was built for a rapid insertion, but not well-armoured. Shards of shrapnel showered her beskar armour and the shockwave sent her crashing into some debris. Ouch. As remarkable as beskar'gam was, it was quite weak against kinetic damage. You may not be able to penetrate the armour, but you sure could pulp the squishy body inside it. White hot pain surged through her, her leg hurt.

Rather than pick up her bolter again, she plucked a smoke grenade free from her belt and tossed it into the fray. The cloud of smoke would only temporarily obscure her position, but that sufficed. Her jetpack activated and her hands began to burn. Then there were flames. Flames everywhere! A wave of overwhelmning, boiling heat swept away enemy troopers like a broom.

I have not opened fire on you. Also I am unsure who has, I am here on the bequest of Sabine Kurtass.Her ships then lined up, just out of firing range of her weapons. She then was hailed by Darth Banshee, she had only recently left the clans, but they don't know that yet. She quickly patched her through to Mandalorian fleet. As she did she stayed out of range, but ready to attack at a moment's notice.
[member="Pike Alavar"] [member="Titan Kryze"] [member="Julius Sedaire"] [member="Astarii Saren"]
The Banshee I.M.D. Tarantula MkI Armament 12/20 Flak 0/20 Def 12/20 Spd/Man 13/13 Shields/Hull 600/600
The Scorpion I.M.D. Boa MkI Armament 16/20 Flak 0/20 Def 16/20 Spd/Man 11/11 Shields/Hull 400/400
The Scipio I.M.D. Boa MkI Armament 16/20 Flak 0/20 Def 16/20 Spd/Man 11/11 Shields/Hull 400/400
Venom I.M.D.Cobra MkI Armament 14/20 Flak 0/20 Def 14/20 Spd/Man 11/8 Shields/Hull 150/150
The Hood I.M.D.Cobra MkI Armament 14/20 Flak 0/20 Def 14/20 Spd/Man 11/8 Shields/Hull 150/150
The Saber I.M.D.Fang MkI Armament 6/20 Flak 14/20 Def 14/20 Spd/Man 7/7 Shields/Hull 80/80
The Claw I.M.D.Fang MkI Armament 6/20 Flak 14/20 Def 14/20 Spd/Man 7/7 Shields/Hull 80/80
The Tail I.M.D.Fang MkI Armament 6/20 Flak 14/20 Def 14/20 Spd/Man 7/7 Shields/Hull 80/80

Red Squadron 12x Eagles
Blue Squadron 12x Eagles

[member="Titan Kryze"]
Darth Banshee was planetside, she was securing the temples assets. She was also looking for a usable Fury MkII, she was also getting some anti matter matter torpedos from an abandoned viper. Set up to destroy and burn what was left of Corellian city. She had news alliance was on it is way, well so be it. This world will never be fit for human inhabitation, and her little experiment will help with that. As anti matter had never fired on planet before, she no idea what it will do to it. Though the empire will not going silently into night. As her war droids patrolled the area, she would get reports if anyone was around. She was home she was family again, she hoped it would work this time.

As her loading droids, carried the deadly cargo throughout the city. [member="Flora Burn"]s her fleet commander, sent her a message. She ponder it for a moment, then decided to try and stall the enemy fleet. She got patched through to the Mandalorian fleet,
Ch'ah viz cart bon'hah tar to ch'ittoci'ren'musi ch'at tsucavt csei s ch'un'b, ttis'ah k'ir nah k'ir ch'ah ch'acivah ch'eo k'ihn

This was roughly translated into, she was part of a mercenary force working with the sith, please don't force her to honour her contract.
She had done what she could, as she still had not turned her back mandalorains, as family did could first. It just happens she family was sith, for better or for worse.

She then put her battle armour, as no doubt there may have to be blood spilt this day. She tucked in sith pendant and then, waited for either anti matter to be set up. The Fury to be located, for fight to find her.

CORELLIAN SPACE
ALLIES: [member="Titan Kryze"], [member="Flint Michigan"]
ENEMIES: [member="Flora Burn"]

The D'Lessio exited hyperspace off to the port of Flora Burn's flotilla. A sixty-eight-metre raider, it moved like a far smaller ship and punched like a far larger one. For the moment, though, it just looked like a beat-up light corvette that had entered the Corellian system at the wrong time and in the wrong place.

In the cramped bridge-slash-cockpit, Jorus hunkered down over the helm controls. He shifted his focus, his navigational instincts, from hyperspace to realspace, from interstellar maneuvers to the kind of predictive mobility that his ship needed.

Flora Burn's first warning would be the advanced, military-grade shields that snapped to life around the D'Lessio. Her second would be the overpowered engines that shoved the attack craft toward her left flank with acceleration comparable to a heavy starfighter. Her third would be the capital-scale wingtip ion cannons that lashed out at her three little flak ships from extreme range. These were no ordinary ion cannons: using bizarre alien technology, they bypassed and ignored shields entirely.

As the young man collected speeders, Julius smiled at that part of the plan coming together. Schlepping it on foot would have been doable, but a disaster in terms of giving the Sith time to respond. Nodding to the younger one, he flashed him a wink and a grin and signaled other people showing up to begin to mount up and pick their ride. The gesture was full of thanks, and he would have to remember [member="Aerin The Lost"]s' contribution to the efforts here today, and see he received something for his efforts. It wasn't like they were wealthy folks in the League, but they had a lot of friends... And Julius had a rather nice Silk 6 gathering dust.... Maybe the lad would like that....

And suddenly alerts beeped in the earpiece in his ear and he stepped away, to deal with the situation. Some sort of sith had shown up out of nowhere and decided to play, so he had decided to let his friends go play. The problem with showing up without much forethought was sometimes you jumped straight from the frying pan into the fire. And in this situation the fire was one he was all to happy to stoke. As orders were going out, the Wanderlust reported a ship matching only one other he knew, and he smiled as a man he considered a mentor had decided to show up. Maybe he and Jorus' weren't per se close friends. But he admired the hell out of the man, and felt much more secure knowing he was in the sky.

Now time to bring the noise.... Comms flared along the private channels his anzant antagonist and friend had set up to each person.

"Sor-Jan, we have resistance in the skies.... Do me a favor... Make them blind, deaf, mute and dumb as my old Aunt Betty.. And don't ask about Aunt Betty... Long story..."

A switch, and he broadcasted to the others, like Flint, Kitt, Astarii and Jorus... This was access and tie-in to the comm network Sor-Jan set up. And orders, of a sort...

"Gentlemen.... Lady... Fire at will, and make them pay... I want them to remember who owns the skies around this planet.... And General Merrill? Thanks for coming all the way out here. I owe you a drink... Just watch out for my kid brother up there, eh guys? To all units, engage at will... "

Walking over, he swung his armored leg onto the speeder and sent a final message, one to Caladan in Old Corellian..

<<<Love You little brother.... Don't go disappearing on me again... And if you scratch my ship i'll kill you myself>>>

"Right! Mount up! We have kinfolk to rescue!"

[member="Astarii Saren"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Flint Michigan"] | [member="Kitt Solo"] | [member="Aerin The Lost"] |

Titan

[member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Flora Burn"]

"Your allies, the defence fired on us. Didn't even give us a chance to explain ourselves." Titan was waved over to a comm station by one of the bridge officers. "Sir we're recieving a hail from a Sabine Kurtass. How should we respond?" Titan stood up, "Play it." As the life size image of Kurtass appeared on a transiver, After Titan listened to her he sent back a message. "You're working with Sith, our enemies, Manda'lor's enemies? Sorry but I have no choice but to follow through on my contract, blast anything in my way to pieces, and help the Corillian League raid here. If you want to leave, I'll turn off my gravity well and will not fire on your ships, if you choose to attack me or any of my allies, I will have no choice but to fight." Titan sent the message as one of the bridge crew walked up to him, "Sir, we have a friendly ship on the other side of the Sith ships." Titan smirked under his helmet, "Good."

[member="Julius Sedaire"] [member="Titan Kryze"] [member="Jorus Merrill"]

She sent a parting message to Titan, in fluent mandalorian, ​If we survive and you do, I see you in cantina later, over. She then sent a signal to [member="Flora Burn"]s, Defend yourselfs, but do not press any attack. A tear ran down her face, she did not like fighting the mandalorians, she did not wish to. Though it was his choice not hers, he was the one going to fire on her, she was not going to fire him unless fired upon. As that conversation drew to end she dried her tears, for deaths that are inevitable in space, and got on with her duty. The city and the planet was being evacuated of all living people, she could not abide genocide, murder was fine, but genocide was a no no. She had sith freighters loading people up on far side of town, all the people who helped the sith, and those that did not. As the few what remained here, where still citizens of the empire and would protected like it or not.

She had some reports, that some have Corellian League personnel had landed, it be good few hours before she ready to destroy the city for good. She was going to use it as weapons test, as she wanted to know what payload was required. Also this world will undoubtedly fall soon enough, so better to test, a dead world with only inhabitants who clung on. She was using some of new freighters, to load everyone in, they would be well looked after.
karemma-freighter.jpg

As sabrina never believed in killing without reason, as it weakens her, and the act of murder.

She heard the final order form [member="Darth Banshee"], then a ship came out of nowhere and began strafing run on her rear corvettes. The three Fangs began to fire back at it, though the strafing run had played havoc shields. She then looked at it in her screen, it was fast attack ship faster than her cobras, but none the less she would drop them back to it out. She gave an order over the comms to her Captains, Captain Triggar and Captain Cloister, please take down that ship now! The two cobras the peeled of either end of the flanks, leaving just the three ships facing the mandalorains. Though the interceptors moved forward, to take down any bombers. They remained in line, neither advancing or retreating. It was playing havoc with her mind, as she could not like being waited to fired on. It was weird, they could only if fired upon by the mandalorains. She was not happy about it, and she did not like the lighting fast attack ship in her rear.

The Banshee I.M.D. Tarantula MkI Armament 12/20 Flak 0/20 Def 12/20 Spd/Man 13/13 Shields/Hull 600/600
The Scorpion I.M.D. Boa MkI Armament 16/20 Flak 0/20 Def 16/20 Spd/Man 11/11 Shields/Hull 400/400
The Scipio I.M.D. Boa MkI Armament 16/20 Flak 0/20 Def 16/20 Spd/Man 11/11 Shields/Hull 400/400
Venom I.M.D.Cobra MkI Armament 14/20 Flak 0/20 Def 14/20 Spd/Man 11/8 Shields/Hull 150/150
The Hood I.M.D.Cobra MkI Armament 14/20 Flak 0/20 Def 14/20 Spd/Man 11/8 Shields/Hull 150/150
The Saber I.M.D.Fang MkI Armament 6/20 Flak 14/20 Def 14/20 Spd/Man 7/7 Shields/Hull 80/80
The Claw I.M.D.Fang MkI Armament 6/20 Flak 14/20 Def 14/20 Spd/Man 7/7 Shields/Hull 80/60
The Tail I.M.D.Fang MkI Armament 6/20 Flak 14/20 Def 14/20 Spd/Man 7/7 Shields/Hull 80/40

Red Squadron 12x Eagles
Blue Squadron 12x Eagles

Meanwhile...

[SIZE=18.6667px]CORELLIA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Ruler: Sector Voice[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Will: [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Darth Drethi[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Locations:[/SIZE]

• Caprica| Corellian Sector
Arceneau Trade Company
[SIZE=14.6667px]Defenses: [/SIZE] Arceneau Trade Company merchant fleet

So much had befallen Corellia.

It had suffered during Netherworld by Akala, where she had summoned the planet Lashtu into real-space from beyond. It cracked the planet in two, devastating the world as cataclysmic events resulted in the broken halves and the vast asteroid field beyond. Arceneau Trade Company along with Titan Industries quickly came together to fundraising with Brightstar Industries to rebuild Corellia and bring it back to a fragment of it's former glory. New terraforming technologies had been utilized to slowly bring together the broken halves.

Negotiations with the One Sith have allowed a measure of freedom for the Corellian Sector, protected by the agreement set in place by Alric Kuhn long ago. Danger had also followed suit in the wake of Alric's intial disappearance to ensure that the Corellian sector remained generally free of influence.

Unlike other systems, no Yuuzhan Vong technology had ever touched the Corellian System per established agreements, and reconstruction efforts were continually underway. However, one could not stop a Corellian from wanting their independence, especially in light of the dwindling One Sith influence.

When word came to the Merchant fleet of potential skirmishes with the native Corellians against One Sith facilties, they knew exactly what to do.

Nothing.

Nearly Ninty-Nine percent of the employees at Caprica and Arceneau Trade Facilities within the Corellian Sector were native Corellians. Arceneau had a public policy that they were to stay neutral in order to keep out of the limelight.

However, said Corellian employees received an unexpected floating holiday for "'Employee Appreciation Day."

Paid of course.

Titan

"Do not fire on the enemy ships hyperdrives, fire to disable their weapons and nothing else." Titan ordered all of his ships, "They are only our enemies temporairily." He wouldn't destroy them entirely, only disable their weapons unless they fired on him, then he would only leave their hyperdrive's intact, if that. "Understood?" a grunt of assent passed through his men, over the comms and off, "Attack positions, switch all weapons to ion. We won't destroy them, only disable them." Titan viewed the screen as every weapon on the ships were switched to ion rather than full power. He would not destroy Mando property, unless absolutely nessacary, it was a pointless waste of plasma.

Alor'ad Flottilla: (4675 Meters)(Hangars are filled with Starbird-class interceptors[60 Total](Attack: 11; Defense: 6; Flak: 0;))

2x Finisher-class assault cruiser(Attack: 17; Defense: 5; Flak: 9; )
  • The Alor(Hull/Shield: 950/950)
  • The Concord Dawn(Hull/Shield: 950/950)
3x Redundance-class corvette(Attack: 12; Defense: 4; Flak: 12;)
  • The Sundari (Hull/Shield: 200/200)
  • The Kelbade (Hull/Shield: 200/200)
  • The Shriek-Hawk (Hull/Shield: 200/200 )

1x Captivator-class cruiser(Attack: 6; Defense: 9; Flak: 12;)
  • The Duchess of Mandalore(Hull/Shield: 975/975)

[member="Flora Burn"]
[member="Jorus Merrill"]

[member="Titan Kryze"] [member="Flora Burn"]

The enemy formation shifted. Jorus was still coming from its port side, closing in from extreme range on its rearguard vessels. Two other ships now shifted to try and intercept him, one at the port flank and one at the starboard flank way on the other side of the entire formation. That put him in range of one (and vice versa) long before the other sluggish corvette could get in place.

The near Cobra was tough, to be sure, with shields comparable to those of the D'Lessio. It also mounted some very heavy weapons, but heavy weapons could only be so accurate, Jorus was maneuvering by instinct, and the D'Lessio had a very slim front profile. Jorus largely maneuvered on a plane, or close enough, to keep that slim profile minimized. Jorus' shields dropped to seventy-five percent from stray hits, falling to forty briefly every time he fired his alien ion cannons.

He closed in on the nearest Cobra, the nearest of the enemy ships, and switched to short-range heavy plasma cannons. These, too, were bizarre alien technology; these, too, bypassed and ignored shields entirely. The sluggish Cobra corvette had its bridge situated in the nose cone, a big easy target. His switch to the plasma cannons stopped his shield fluctuations from the ion cannons, toughening the D'Lessio in case the big guns got lucky at short range.

The other fleet, the Mandalorians who backed the Corellian League, switched to ion fire only. Worth noting.

[member="Titan Kryze"] [member="Jorus Merrill"]

She was getting reports the Fangs where pulled out of there sockets, Feth I can not deal with both fleets, one is bigger, and the other is a weird ship. All ships fall back, and take out the phantom dodger. As she spoke the frontline put the engines in reverse, to keep the distance from the mandalorian fleet. The cobra lined fired on the phantom dodger, she was also taking what ever intel she could get from the ship. She knew [member="Darth Banshee"] was planning a redesign of an old ship, this may help her. She may hate this ship at the moment, but if she had something like it, she be lot happier. Then Cobra fired at it, at both front and rear of it. As they did, one of the cobras reports of a fire on board caused by electronics being hit. Feth and Feth again. She slammed her corellian brandy down, it would be only matter of time before the mandalorains where going to fire on her. She sent a signal to The One Sith, though she knew they will not be sending reinforcements.

The Hood I.M.D.Cobra MkI Armament 14/20 Flak 0/20 Def 14/20 Spd/Man 11/8 Shields/Hull 150/150 electronic fires, internal working at half capacity.
The Claw I.M.D.Fang MkI Armament 6/20 Flak 14/20 Def 14/20 Spd/Man 7/7 Shields/Hull 80/60
The Tail I.M.D.Fang MkI Armament 6/20 Flak 14/20 Def 14/20 Spd/Man 7/7 Shields/Hull 80/40

Red Squadron 12x Eagles
Blue Squadron 12x Eagles

Allies: [member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Titan Kryze"] [member="Kitt Solo"] (I don't know where you are or where you're gonna go, so might as well tag you)
Enemies: [member="sabrina"] [member="Flora Burn"]
Objective: Stop Escaping Sith Collaborators
Ship: The Grave Wind

Flint had received a signal from the Corellian Fleet that the Sith were loading up and trying to get the hell outta dodge. And Flint simply couldn't have that. Picking up the comm he put his voice over the ship once more.

"Battlestations Gentleman, it's time to roll." Flint said, and cheers could be heard throughout the ship. The helmsman pressed a button and they began their pre-calculated micro-jump to Corellia. About a "hex" away on the standard galactic map the jump didn't take long to lose the endless black and white streaks of hyperspace, and find himself right in the thick of it. Suprising Flint found that his ship was the biggest one in attendance. He was expecting to have a Dark Blade or Immortal stationed around or something of the Sith Navy, but instead found a bunch of open market contract ships holding the line.

At least, they'd hold it for now.

But first priority was making sure none of the Sith on those transports escaped. Anybody leaving now was a "priority asset", a twisted scientist or Sith interrogator or starship engineer that they didn't want compromised. People that the SIth didn't want to lose, but would have to deal with it anyways.

"Transmit our firing solutions to the rest of the League and open fire when ready on the escaping transport with all main batteries. I don't want to give that ship a chance to jump." Flint said, and his gunner responded, opening up fire with the eight Hellbore Cannons on board. With considerably more range than a turbo laser and a travel speed of 20% of the speed of light the transport felt the damage and would nearly immediately dropped it's shields. Cargo transports weren't meant to take that sort of firepower. In another second, and yes, it would be only a second, the ship would be flying debris unless a pretty heavy capital ship was thrown in front of it. Flint suspected The Grave Wind could take the enemy flagship no problem, as long as the Mandalorian Forces and the D'lessio made sure he wasn't the only target for the enemy fleet.

Shouldn't be too bad, as long as the Corellian League didn't encounter any surprises.

Allies: The Corellians; [member="Elpsis Elaris"]
Enemies: the One Sith
Objective: Eliminate Hostiles, Recapture CorSec HQ

There would be no possible way for Symara to keep all the drop zones clear, some would be on their own and others might get a little help. There was a lot of fire, smoke and a lot of movement, she peered down her scope and steadied her breathing. She felt which way the wind was blowing and to be honest, there was little of it. She watches the numbers flood, shifting readily above 480 and so she waits. With six shots and the sixty-second cooldown between mags, she can't just shoot at anything that moves. She sees movement, a lot of it with a redhead searching around the young woman she spotted enemy units working to make short of her and the drop pod's contingent.

Her hands ready up on the trigger keeping the recoil stock square against her shoulder. "Alright, this one's for you Niloren," she says speaking her late wife's name. She squeezes down and the slug moves swiftly out of the barrel being propelled by the magnetic acceleration. There's a sickening sound as the bullet takes out two of Sith men in one shot, throat in and upper back out on one, the second one is where the slug ended, somewhere beneath his sternum.

She knew some of the pods coming in would be stealth and decided to move to another part of the roof to try and get a shot at the Sith swarming those sites. The door to the roof was starting to move, troops inside were trying to get it open, and Symara knew it. She was racing against the clock and looked to find an exit path back down to the ground. Climbing up onto the higher section of the rooftop she leaned over along one edge just to see if the fire escape was still there, and it wasn't.

Her broken bone or bones from earlier reared themselves in pain, she went down to one knee and looked to a corner of rooftop where she could set up again. Slowly she got back up and moved toward that section, hoping either for a swift death or another escape route.

[member="Symara Tarriq"]

This is how it starts. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that...oh, wait, that's the wrong movie to plagiarise! For one, this thread was not inundated with dream sequences and pseudo-philosophical monologues. Anyhow, we shall move on with the actual plot.

Elpsis' jetpack propelled her upward into the sky. Beneath her lay the charred remains of Sith soldiers, nothing more than husks. However, blaster bolts and bullets still came flying her way, so she accelerated. CRACK Two Sith were suddenly down on the ground, before she could make a move to direct flames towards them. There was a sickening sound as a single bullet sent them to hell. There had to be someone in her immediate vicinity who was just as eager as she was to kill Sith.

Elpsis shot through the air, flying towards the Cor-Sec building. She was a fury, an infero that flew, and unleashed fire upon her enemies. Sith repeater fire was being directed towards the rooftop, before she flooded the tibanna gas with incancesdent heat and caused a beautiful explosion. There was a bright flash, then screams that were like music to her ears. Enyo's injuries from earlier reared their ugly head, and she winced in pain, but continued pushing herself. Her destination was the upper part of the roof. The Force guided her towards it.

[SIZE=9pt][member="Pike Alavar"] | [member="Symara Tarriq"] | [member="Elpsis Elaris"] |[member="Cody Bantam"][/SIZE]​

[SIZE=20pt]Drop Pod Senth, [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Corellian Mesosphere and falling[/SIZE]

Safely concealed beneath his buy’ce, Kalad allowed himself the luxury of a small smirk as the rest of the drop pod concerned themselves with the last minute rituals and prayers. It was funny how the looming prospect of combat always seemed to bring out the religious side in people. Even in the most unlikely of individuals, such as Pike.

As for himself, false gods and higher powers held little appeal. His clan had long ago abandoned the ancient Mandalorian practices, exchanging deities for the comfort that the resol’nare and manda provided. Neither of which asked for much in the way of lip service in his experience. And as far as higher powers went, Kalad looked no further than the one he wore on his hip.

“<Keep to the plan when we hit dirtside, Al’ika>” Kalad reminded his partner as she finished her routine, switching to the private comm channel the pair shared in order to avoid being drowned out by the clamour. Fifteen, maybe twenty seconds before landing. The perfect time to try and underline his message, for he wouldn’t get a second chance once those doors sprung open. “<We’re not getting paid enough for surprises, yeah? No heroics, no nerfboy osik. Strictly by the numbers.>”

The vibrations intensified through the drop ship as it started the final stretch, ceasing completely seconds later when they made the transition from stratosphere to troposphere. A much smoother ride, if you didn’t count the bone jarring impact it always ended in. Kalad tensed in his seat as the last few seconds counted down on his chronometer, coiling like a spring as he waited for the inevitabl---

WHUMPF!

[SIZE=20pt]Coronet Streets, CorSec HQ[/SIZE]

The doors blew out with a concussive force, spilling forth the ragtag band of mercenaries and freedom fighters on to the unsuspecting Corellian soil. The professionals among them broke rank first, peeling off the main group in twos and threes as they set about achieving the objectives they’d signed on for. Kalad’s interest lay in the underground cells that run beneath CorSec headquarters, the liberation of the prisoners within promising sweeter rewards in return for the risk they presented.

Without a word he set off into a fast pace jog across the scorched and burnt duracrete of the surrounding streets, set on putting distance between himself and the landing zone. A drop landing like that was an exceptional way of getting boots on the ground fast, but unless the One Sith all had accidents this morning while applying their requisite eyeliner, they couldn’t fail to notice their arrival. The tac-gear in his helmet was already picking up a spike on the encrypted frequencies. It sounded like they were receiving hell from the ground support and other drop pods, however.

There was still some ground to cover before they made it to their access point on the CorSec building. A lot of it winding alleyways and broken side streets, the wet dream of any would be ambusher. Kalad grinned and doubled his pace, his blaster whirling out of its holster in an overly showy running draw. One that was likely lost on his current audience. Few people appreciated true talent.

“<They should be divided on multiple fronts.>” He piped up again as they set into the warren of corridors, his heavy boots announcing his presence as they pounded across the shattered paving and scattered debris.“<So we make this quick and clean. Don’t get tied down, push through and into the back. Just remember what I said, yeah?>”

Not waiting for an answer, he continued to press his advance, using his gun as a herald as a bunch of plastic fantastic looking troopers rounded the corner at just the wrong moment. A set of blue bolts lancing the first pair in the rank and file, dropping them in quick succession, the rest already diving for cover before he could draw a bead on them. Not complete idiots, then.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
CorSec HQ
[member="Kalad Shysa"] | [member="Cody Bantam"] | [member="Symara Tarriq"] | [member="Elpsis Elaris"]

Her body moved across the ruined streets, but her mind was already further along than that. Boots stampeding against the duracrete, pistons pumping against the strain of the moment and just going further, and further.

Pike heard Kalad’s voice in her ear, it was barely a whisper on the greater track of the moment. She just grunted once, before another growl of words escaped her lips in between the breath breathed out.

<< No civvies either, I know. >>

A second later the dance began. A squad of Sith troopers rounded the corner- shiny boots, that was all Pike saw in the mud and grime of the moment. No scratches, no dust, just shiny, shiny shine. It told her tales, those boots. Even as Kalad dropped the first two and the rest dove to cover a lithe, swift form rushed past the Mandalorian towards the danger.

This is what they saw: a six-foot nothing shadow speeding at them, dodging one plasma bolt, before another one scratched past the duraplast lining of her armored shoulder. It did little to nothing to dissuade the little demon, who at this junction was already upon them.

A blade shone in the night and it cut, stabbed and jabbed. Puncturing straight through armor-weave and other structural weaknesses.

It was over in seconds.

Pike looked up to the imagined scowl of her partner, before shrugging and wiping the blade clean on one of the troopers’ corpses.

<< You did say push through, didn’t ya? >>

The blade was sheathed. A wince suppressed barely, the plasma bolt hadn’t penetrated the duraplast, but the heat burned into her skin regardless. That wouldn’t be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom