Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borders aren't the only things expanding... [First Order T2 Dominion of Askaj and Subterrel]

[SIZE=11pt]Objective: 1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Location: Askaj, Large Village[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Post: 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The 189th Grenadier Company marched to the village limits, supported by the xenos auxiliary and apparently some more shadowy aid from the mysterious Ren. As Pharazon marched, he took stock of their rather impressively sized leader. Pharazon knew little of him, but he knew his capabilities and will must be great to command the frequently sacrificed auxiliary. However, Pharazon thought, he would reserve judgement until he had actually interacted with the man. As he entered the village, and the natives scurried before his massive and powerful body, to say the least of the impressive and otherwise intimidating soldiers he was commanding and accompanying.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]This will all end in blood, it should have started in it, but I can feel it… Pharazon thought, mind snapping from full readiness to a near glazed state as he sometimes did. Snapping himself out of it Pharazon reasserted his focus. As the Ren that Pharazon had been in the company of previously ‘negotiated’ their way into the village, Pharazon silently signalled his men to maintain wariness, if they were ambushed it would happen inside, and fighting in ruins and hovels presented unique dangers as Pharazon and the stormtroopers of the 189th knew too well.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Auxiliary, I desire your assessment of the situation and our objective, how likely are the natives to betray their masters to us?” Pharazon asked pointedly to the commander of these auxiliary xenos, his voice imperious and serpentine but not directly distasteful or disrespectful. Pharazon had little patience for the other branches of the Imperial military regardless of their rank, he was a stormtrooper and even if they were not so independent as in the glorious First Galactic Empire, the mentality of [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]supremacy and independence[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] remained. However, he respected strength and cunning, and so would judge this scruffy looking savage on his words and actions. Pharazon was not so much a fool to dismiss people based on position, appearance, or attitude, whether he approved of those was a different question entirely.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I also trust you can keep your troops in line should we need to exert our dominion… forcefully” Pharazon said, his implication obvious and delivered disdainfully as he looked out over the pitiful natives of this world. However, it was also slightly conspiratorial with the auxiliary, another attempt to test the reaction of this man, letting him know subtly that Pharazon had a low opinion of non-humans, but that they had their uses, whether these Askajians did, however.... I suppose they can be made to fight, as have we all... he thought sardonically.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I care little for their species, but the Order, and as such I, demand uninhibited obedience from them, I do hope you live up to your fearsome reputation” he said finally, voice again conspiratorial, but with a hint of expectation this time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][member="Tyr Helgryndr"] | [member="Zmej Ren"][/SIZE]

Askaj
Objective; Rendezvous with First Order forces
Personnel; The Red Salamanders Company

Ever since Kaeshana, the Lion's Maw company wasn't quite sure what they were going to do. It was one thing to defect and it was another to figure out what you were going to do afterward. Trucks jutted forward, filled with the rebranded Red Salamanders wearing desert like uniforms, the red salamander patch on their shoulders. Behind them the vehicles that had formerly been Firemane rebranded, and with their tracking stripped the company of soldiers looked around at the blistering landscape before them. "At least we're not walking," quipped Symara to Lavali, "did we bring enough water?"

"Think so, if not we'll make a pit stop somewhere after this," Lavali answered as she wiped the sweat from her brow. After Kaeshana they scraped together enough money to buy their own freighter and a vehicle transport. Paying gigs were far and few between and this was the last one, and if they got nothing for this then they would splinter off. Sgt. Kala Matthieu's sat in another truck that pulled up alongside Lavali's. She waited a few moments, the sound of the trucks would make it difficult for her to speak directly to Lavali, instead she pulled for her comms.

"I think this is as far as we're getting, the checkpoint up here - we're on foot from here on out, who's our contact?"

"Captain [member="Pharazon Draken"], from the First Order."

"Blessed Ashira, we're really doing this, aren't we?"

Symara pulled her comms, "c'mon Kala, you didn't think anything of it when we were helping them after that hot mess on Kaeshana."

"I know, it's just, it's just a little surreal you know?"

"You're good, you're good."

The trucks came to a halt, it was the end of the line as from here they would walk and their vehicles were just behind them as the infantry and heavy ordinance began to disembark from the trucks. Desert sands and winds greeted the Red Salamanders who looked out onto the horizon and hoped that whatever it was they were here to do, they could do it quickly and be done with it so that they could reorganize themselves.

Other Allies in Vicinity; [member="Tyr Helgryndr"] | [member="Zmej Ren"]
Objective 1 - Post 2

Objective 3: Medical Care to the Residents
​Post 1
​Nearby: [member="Mishel Ren"]

Doctor Irajah Ven had been absent from First Order space for almost two months. Her apartment on Dosuun had been empty. Her estate maintained by a skeleton of staff- she had never even visited. Messages had gone unanswered. It was as though, for weeks, the good Doctor has ceased to exist.

But when the request for medical personnel on Subterrel had come, she had been one of the people who answered. The trip from Azure had been longer than the trip from Panatha would have been, but she came.

The Doctor was..... different.

There was a tension in her body when she moved. A tightness in smiles that were now rare rather than freely given. She kept a physical distance, avoiding touch where possible- and if someone did reach out and touch her unexpectedly, they were met with a flinch and a step away rather with the casual friendliness of the past. Dark bangs covered a scar on her forehead, and though her cybernetics were of the highest quality, the loss of two limbs and several fingers still weighed on her, despite the work done with [member="Carach"] in the last few weeks.

She stood in front of one of the miner's, shining a light back and forth from one eye to the other, and then into his throat. The medical tent had been set up just beneath the surface, in the very first section of the mines where it was safe from both the threats from above and below. That fact, however, meant that Doc Ven was wearing a mask over her nose and mouth- after all, something in the air here was affecting the miners, and she wasn't going to risk it herself.

"I'm going to take a throat culture," she said after she clicked the light off. "It will take a bit to develop, but I suspect you have the same issue I am seeing in most of your co-workers-"

"Brothers," he corrected her, coughing thickly into the back of his wrist. "We be brothers in the only ways dat matter."

She nodded, suppressing the urge to shrug at him.

"Either way, I am hoping to have a treatment up for you all soon. You can send the next person in when you leave."

He smiled, tired around the eyes, but that was normal, from what she was seeing. It was a hard life here.

"Force bless ya Doc, fer coming. Not a lot o' folks care what 'appens ta lowly miners like we be."

She offered him a small, tight smile.

"Well, don't thank me until I crack this thing, okay? Now take it easy."

Progflaw99

--- --- ---​
Objective: 2​
In Vicinity:​
[member="Pharazon Draken"] | [member="Zmej Ren"]​
[member="Symara Tarriq"]​
--- --- ---​
Tyr's eyes traced over to the First Order Captain, rising to his full height as he gazed outward towards the small paths, the buildings of the village. No doubt these people were deeply rooted in their current state of affairs, the local gangs presence felt and witnessed by the almost palpable fear in the air.

"The people don't want us here. They fear us yes - but they fear these gangs more."
Even as he spoke he saw a shadow move from the corner of his eye. The Auxiliary soldier spotted just a glimpse of the small boy before he was gone. It made him uneasy. Tyr himself had not been on the delivering side of the hammer for some time, even now his body ached with the recent memory of the Krieghold. Upon the questioning stance of the Captain, Tyr fought back a snarl.

"Of course, for the Order."
He said the words but in truth he was playing along more in part to enjoy his continued freedom than adhere to some Imperial chain of command. If the very order of the Supreme Leader had sprung him free, they could just as easily return him whence he came. It was this fear that kept him in line - for now. He watched carefully as the trooper cast a wary glance at his cohort - a skepticism bared in their direction but Tyr knew better than anyone what these men would be capable of. Stormtrooper Corps rejects, alien species, even a few independents who saw an opportunity to fight under the banner of the First Order.

"You should hope the gods deem it uneccesary, to bear witness to such a thing as the unleashing of hounds your order rejected only to once more offer a bone... They will perform as ordered."

Mishel Kryze

M
G'rho had taught Mishel a lot about herself and as she looked at her own artificial limb she thought about why it was she was here. Physically she was collecting information and providing some basic customer service to those in waiting to see Dr. [member="Irajah Ven"]. Mentally, she was out - vacant as she tried to decipher her own purpose in this galaxy. Each thought of independence created a painful shock throughout her body, a shock that by now she was becoming immune to. "Next," she called out with a smile standing in blue, "name, age and occupation and can you describe your symptoms." Mishel began to type out the information with one hand, as the other held up the data tablet.

She'd been assigned here due to her injuries from the previous expedition. Benched, as someone called it she bore a scar on her face, several actually from when her helmet cracked and the Ssi-Ruuvi tried to chomp down on her. She had been studying the doctor for a moment or two before gathering some of the other patient's exit information and filing it away. Grabbing a sign for lunch she stuck it out and gave word to the troops, "be sure that they've been given lunch, food should be there in the next crate." Heading toward the tent she knocked outside of it on some barrels first. "Doctor Ven," she announced, "Doctor Ven I'm coming in."

Mishel had introduced herself as Mishel Kerrigan-Alcori to the good Doctor. "I've forwarded the information to FIMS, they're having a facility on Tokmia research it for you, should have results back after lunch. You alright?" The ren could feel the doctor's force aura and no doubt that the doctor could feel hers. The brunette figured anyone within thirty feet could feel her aura.

Objective 3, Post 2

Dunames Lopez

Megalomaniac CEO of Star Tours
Objective: Constructing a bulk freight spaceport

After this close run-in with the Galactic Alliance on Skor, she knew that Subterrel was a little bottlenecked because of transportation infrastructure. For this reason, there are important reserves of raw materials sitting idle; in this wartime environment they needed every opportunity to get, even though away from the mining areas, it was much like another Sump. Which means that the excess garbage that Sump could not accommodate would be unloaded on Subterrel, and Sump already did a lot of toxic waste processing as it stands today. The First Order's industrial successes are backed with a strong transportation infrastructure, which allows the supply chain not to bottleneck industries, unlike other past dark-sided factions (Primeval, One Sith come to mind, but both were led by maniacs that had little interest in actually taking care of the industrial part). She knew, however, that bulk industries require different items for them to be operational as bulk spaceports vs. a passenger spaceport like Cademimu-Flashpoint.

"You know the drill by now: the control tower is the first order of business"

"Roger, roger, boss"

[SIZE=11pt]Objective: 1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Location: Askaj, Large Village[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Post: 3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Stormtroopers dispersed around the village and formed a perimeter to keep watch for any scouts for the raiders or indeed, an incursion to destroy their excursion. The locals were not happy to see the stormtroopers again, nor were they happy to see the auxiliaries, but Pharazon suspected the white armour still had quite the reputation in the outer-rim. Directing the platoons and conferring quickly with his lieutenants, Pharazon was satisfied that if they were attacked, they would at least be aware of it, and with the mortars soon to be set up, those swoop bike savages would be in for an interesting and savage experience should they choose to charge.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Returning the focus to this auxiliary officer, Pharazon found himself satisfied with the man’s answers, if not with the man himself. He seemed a gruff, uncouth savage to Pharazon of course, but a useful and capable one. ([member="Tyr Helgryndr"])[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I would concur auxiliary, these… people… have nothing to judge us by and only fear retribution from our presence” Pharazon said, voice decidedly less serpentine and probing this time. His disdain for the oddly proportioned natives still present, however. He picked up the impression from the man’s mannerism and response that he was, to put it politely, not particularly impressed by Pharazon’s position or capabilities. He will learn in time… they all will [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Pharazon mused ominously, surprising himself with this resurgence in his generally hidden ambition.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]He also suspected the large man was not particularly patriotic about the cause of the First Order, but this bothered Pharazon little as neither was he, if he was honest with himself. As such he decided to let the ‘your [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Order’ remark slip, [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]so long as he obeys.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I have no doubts in your capabilities, though I believe both you and I will be called to service to purge this savage tribal resistance before this day is out, but even if these villagers resist, there is more than one way to draw the warbands out and find their nests than being told where they are” Pharazon said darkly confident, a savage grin on his face under his helmet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Should the… negotiations... fail, I would request you disperse your troops along with my stormtroopers throughout the village and surrounding it, make the gangs think we have brought them around or have decided to take over, then we may draw them out and either force them to lead us back to their filthy little desert hideouts or at least kill some of them” Pharazon said again darkly and opportunistically. Pharazon was an opportunist, and he loved annexing peoples and places, even if he despised the faces.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“For the time being, however, keep your forces ready and on the lookout, and as away from the villagers as is possible, we will antagonize[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] them if and when it becomes useful to do so” Pharazon was practical in his oppression, he grinned again and began directing the initial placement of the mortars around the village perimeter and directing the arrival of their support convoy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Tarriq, this is Grenadier actual, Captain Draken, proceed toward the village perimeter and set up your heavy equipment and position yourselves at your discretion, I suspect our rather large presence around the village, though that presence has been my intention, will draw the gangs out so I would suggest you prepare your troops for perimeter defence and spotting duties.” Pharazon said firmly and professionally over the comm to the oncoming convoy that had stopped their vehicles some way out. He had been expecting them, and was glad to have their position more secured, regardless of if the villagers ended up voluntarily helping them or not. Their being mercenaries did not bother him too much either, so he was quite pleased. ([member="Symara Tarriq"])[/SIZE]

Vicinity[SIZE=11pt]: [member="Zmej Ren"][/SIZE]

Dunames Lopez

The control tower, the hypermatter reservoir were the two items required on Subterrel alongside the loading equipment. As always, Star Tours was worried about the availability of raw materials. But, this time around, there was no need: all of the big items (duracrete, steel, to name the two that she knew were needed in vast amounts, regardless of any tarmac considerations) could be sourced locally, and the mining outpost was requiring quite a bit of excavation work for it to have the foundations that the construction code requires. True, infrastructure was often considered unglamorous, but it was work that needed to be done, especially when dealing with factions that actually cared for the well-being of its population; here one needed to see all the critical areas of the landing zone while, at the same time, not obstructing the common flight paths of the ships that will be called upon to use the spaceport.

"Have you considered the NIMBY factors?"

"Yes: mining outposts often have big NIMBY factors already, so any additional NIMBY factors would be of little concern"

Objective: 1
Allies: [member="Pharazon Draken"] [member="Tyr Helgryndr"] [member="Symara Tarriq"]

Like a desert snake, she was someone to stay away from. Her armoured body starkly contrasted that of the six-breasted non-humans, immediately marking her an outsider. She paid them or their curious, often fearful glances no mind as she made her way to the First Order’s forces assembled nearby, gaze briefly washing over the civilized company that represented stability and order. It was such a stark contrast with their surroundings – technology and law clashed against the primitive, tribal environment where the strongest held everyone else hostage. As such, dictatorship was the only effective way of bringing peace to Askaj. Raiders and warring tribes understood violence and fear – only a strong, powerful figure would keep them in line.

“The natives won’t be a problem,” Zmej chimed in, “We’ll persuade the chieftains our help is for their own good, whether they want it or not.”

Greed was always the safest bet, one the disciple of Ren never feared to exploit. Coupled with making a lasting impression, she could not imagine any other scenario than persuading the village's leaders into cooperation. For all the fear and lucrative deals they might have had with the gang, there was a bigger animal now. Riding the smaller predator would prove most foolish.

Nodding towards the soldiers, her distorted voice continued.

“Weapons, supplies – both will give this village an edge over others. What chieftain wouldn’t take such offer? After we make an example of the raiders, all surrounding villages will flock to our embrace as well.”

It would be a show of power – and all the First Order required was obedience. Rewarding submission and brutally punishing resistance was always a simple, yet infinitely effective tactic.

Obj 3
Post 8

The Wraiths pushed the repulsor cart full of boxes of under-barrel tensor cannon attachments to where Vitor and Major Amsel were talking. One of the Wraiths slapped the top of the crate off and revealed the neatly organized tensor cannons. Avendahl took it and handed it to the First Order officer.

"There's a race called the Squib who specialize in porting tractor beam technologies to handheld weapons. Very deadly handheld weapons." Vitor explained and then continued. "We've miniaturized the original tensor rifle that the Squibs developed so it does not replace the more useful for a battlefield weapons such as slugthrowers or blasters."

"I call it the cruel man's weapon and I'd prefer not to see it tested on flesh. Armor will protect your target but hit the flesh and a gruesome cell degeneration begins." Avendahl said, his face was grim and certainly not too proud of it. He was not that cruel. "So you're gonna say - but all of our foes are armored - that's true. But this weapon is for men with brains. I am sure the First Order is capable of realizing the options that a handheld tractor beam gives you."

"Think of a firefight you have been in, Major, a skirmish. And imagine you had this cannon with you. " Vitor said and a dark smirk was painted on himself. "Then I will tell you if its greatest benefit."

"Its ability to fight your greatest enemy. The Jedi."

[member="Rolf Amsel"]

Dunames Lopez

As the excavation teams began excavating, Dunames had a discussion about with her fellow crewmembers. Sure the control tower was due to rise to about 40 meters or so, with a basement containing the weather computer, as well as the computer equipment required for the sensory systems to work, just that with all that mining equipment floating around, a hole big enough to house a basement with proper venting systems could be dug in a matter of hours. Perhaps two hours if they are using equipment that isn't used for digging the really big holes, and after that, smaller pillars are to be dug for the control tower's foundations to be poured. Whereas Kaeshana was a different enterprise, with little bulk freight expected to be shipped in or out, mining ports are best built without a formal tarmac due to the nature of the cargo being processed there, where an actual tarmac would be more trouble than it is worth.

"How did you manage to pass for an albino S'kytri?" a ship crewmember asked.

"I'm a Polydroxol: it means that I can change for another species for some amount of time, it becomes more painful to bear the more unnatural the transformation is. I lasted all of 10 minutes as an albino S'kytri before I had to revert back to my natural form"

"I didn't know you were a shapeshifter, boss"

Objective 3: Medical Care to the Residents
​Post 2
​In Scene: [member="Mishel Ren"]

"Come on in."

Irajah looked up as Mishel ducked inside. She nodded absently at the update. She'd rather be running the tests herself, but the facilities here were limited, and the cultures were negative for everything she had a quick test for. A bacteria or fungus that was endemic to the mines, she assumed, but until she knew which and more about it, well, there wasn't much she could do.

As far as Irajah's Force aura.... Mishel would find it oddly turned within, rather than fanning out around her as would be more typical. It also meant that she wasn't not particularly aware of Mishel's. Not consciously at least. She had little training- the work with [member="Carach"] had not branched far into the Force as of yet, still too much else to build up first before he was willing to walk down that path. But sub consciously, the Doctor did respond.

"Hmm? Yes. I'm fine," she answered absently as she swabbed the newest sample onto the scanner. The information would be sent to the FIMS. They had everything they needed to ID the pathogen, but she wanted more data in case there were different strains.

"Lunch.... is it that late already?"

skin, bone, and arrogance
271M9JB.png
Post 5 - Objective 3 - BYOO: Establish clandestine facilities in mine section​

Natasi peered into the holocamera and, by transitive property, into the very soul of [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]. "The deployment of your own forces is not my concern, provided that they do not interfere in the work I have assigned to Major La Fortune," she said calmly. "I leave that up to your..." She paused delicately before concluding: "Better judgment." She disconnected the signal and turned back to Major La Fortune, nodding her head. "Is there anything else you need?"

The Major shook his head. "No, ma'am. I'll be in touch should I require those reinforcements."

"Very good, Major. Dismissed." She turned back to the command table and looked over at the signal officer. "Get me updates. How are we looking out there?"

Mishel Kryze

M
"Afraid so," Mishel replied as she headed outside of the tent to grab the food from the warmers. Ronto riblets, greens, with bread and water bottled from off the Provisio River on Dosuun. She set up lunch on a table near the main work area, "there's a few salads too if you want one." Grabbing a stool she took a seat and grabbed the utensils from the pack. "Think we brought enough food for everyone," she mentioned and leaned back to try and get a view of the stormtroopers handing out meals. As far as Dr. [member="Irajah Ven"] knew Mishel was a student at the University of Avalonia who was volunteering for extra credits. Her Avalonian accent was poor, Mishel's typical way of speaking indicated someone from the far outer rim near Voss. Still, she continued on, "how's it been going in here?"

Objective 3, Post 3

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Objective: Deploy Monitoring Systems
Subterrel High Orbit

FIV Remembrance wasn't the toughest, largest, fastest, or most prestigious vessel around. A light-to-midgrade carrier of an earlier tech generation, the Remembrance had played an undistinguished role in a variety of peripheral naval actions: the occupation of Thakwaa, the police action over Hoth, and so forth. For this particular mission, a legion's worth of landing craft had been supplanted by small service vehicles. Those boats carried monitoring satellites, the kind that would keep the First Order aware of inbound and outbound traffic, as well as ships passing through the planet's sphere of influence. Monitoring missions weren't the most valorous or glamorous operations, but it was always good to have a reason to know the other guy was poking around.

Dunames Lopez

"We should order the sensor array and the tactical display so that we can bring the spaceport to operational status"

"May I ask why you want to get the stuff ordered before the control tower can even be advanced enough to house them?"

"It would bring the spaceport back to speed faster"

A while later, the primary excavation work for the control tower was completed, and the secondary work begins, where the precast piles are being driven into the ground to a depth that is appropriate to reach the bedrock, that is, about 6-8 meters below the depth of the basement. That might be because of the piles' area of influence being greater if appropriately angled, but it seems that the piles are laid out in a circle and at an angle that would make a cone whose apex would be at the top of the second above-ground floor, with, of course, the central pile marking the middle of the control tower being built. The Polydroxol may not even realize that the miraculous nature of Star Tours was due more to its willingness to vertically integrate the spaceports into the whole business of space transportation than even to its aggressive luxury travel offerings or its use by various crime syndicates around First Order space for smuggling and moneylaundering.

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
Objective: Deploy The Army.

"Yes milady." Carlyle said, listening to the Grand Moff explain her planning, "It will be done." He bowed his head when the transmission ended, before turning to the signals officer, "Get General Montague on the line, we are to deploy eighty percent of our total forces, and keep twenty percent in reserve." He paused, "I want movement." The officer barked, before turning to the Skulls, he cocked his head, "I want you down there on the planet with them," Carlyle ordered, "I don't like having to report to those below my station, and anticipate consistent updates and personal reports." Carlyle ordered, he however took time to pause, "It's not as if I don't trust the man, but the fact is, is that this is a huge drain on resources, and I want to see what we're doing on there."

@Jania Ventor | [member="Natasi Fortan"].

Dunames Lopez

"And the hypermatter reservoir, too, same size as on Kaeshana"

"Now that will require some more duracrete"

"Survey team, earmark a circular area for the construction of a hypermatter reservoir"

Knowing that the safety of the reservoir depends on it, and that hypermatter leaks can be dangerous, due to its toxicity, a hypermatter reservoir that big will require 25 cm of duracrete thickness, even though the reservoir isn't that heavy, at least not as heavy as a spaceport terminal would be. That's roughly 80 meters in diameter and 15 meters high, with a fuel distribution system that contains gas-station droids with long pipes, long enough to service ships parked anywhere in the spaceport from the reservoir. So she had the excavation teams go elsewhere, but that was also one of those operations where the "mile-wide, inch-deep" problem is involved, and Dunames feels a little uncomfortable having to order so many things that came into play this early in the game. The hypermatter refill is going to be another matter entirely: this spaceport could reportedly accommodate ships up to a kilometer long, even though a kilometer-long ship would eat up the whole landing zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom