Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Border Surveillance Pt 2 | GA Dominion of Rutan

PVE Adventure & Mingle: Jedi Service Corps ahoy!
Jedi Service Corps Seminar
NJO Praxeum Ship
[member="Lynn Corerunner"] [member="Cathul Thuku"] @D'vok Windroamer

Why was the woman giving warnings?

The confused expression returned to the Corellian. "I am sure that the Masters at the MediCorps will do their best to utilize the skills and talents of their charges. Not everything is done through the use of the Force. Practical application is also taken into consideration." Rhen added. He made a note to discuss at another time with Cathul. Some of the things she was saying concerned him.

Turning back to the young woman, interest piqued at the mention and then the display of a holocron. Now what was this?

Curious old eyes peered down at the relic. "Might I ask whom created it?' he inquired, then gestured for permission to hole it. Holocrons were rather important and still dangerous items. A gatekeeper could tell much on whom created it. Rhen tried to get a read on it to discern what he could feel off of it.

Six-O

The Pan-Galactic Scumbag
Objective: BYOO - Secret Plotting
Enemy: None

With ample breadth between her and the Cantrosian, with his Droid. . . friend? Akaiya exhaust a breath from her lungs that shrunk her posture in to slouch. Her palms were moist and the over embellished sex that had radiated from her stride vanished entirely. There was this uncomfortable twisting feeling in her stomach, an odd, almost painful frisk in the skipping beat of her heart.

The song died, the old juke' murmuring as gears and arm went in to motion, supplying another vinyl to turn table. The needle scratched soothingly, a calm whistle accompanied by string chords began to filter through the din of chatter, laughs, and sore losers.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4RjJKxsamQ[/youtube]

The pink Twi'lek wobbled through the table maze, and thick crowd. Inhaling smoke and smells of all brand and variety. Her eyes squinted, and lips curled in to disgruntled frown at the more offensive breeds of odor. At any regard, it wasn't helping her stomach. In reticence she retreated towards the refresher, using her foot to push the filthy door open. Almost positive that the viscous ooze that cascade it's graffiti smudged surface was Rodian vomit. Gross.

Inside, her flesh and bones were spared the enveloping wallop of the music, but the lyrics and notes yet carried, dulled in to muffled hum through the thick wall. On the floor, her theory had been proven accurate--a Rodian, comatose from his night of free-wheeling and consumption.

Figures, someone had already torn and rifled through his pockets.

Though the smell in here was considerably. . . worse. Akaiya needed space. She stepped over the slumbering corpse, shaking the nerves from her hands as best she could as she began to choke in air deeply, her nerves gone. Back and forth she strode over the cracked, urine laden floor, dazed from the anxiety.

Akaiya remembered Six-O.

She remembered Grymm Jaegir.

. . . She remembered the Pra'kt'orai and Roxuli. . . .

She'd just been a child then, taken by the heartlessly indifferent Droid. Used as leverage for credits, favors and the terrorist plot that started the Roxuli insurgency. Then left with that vile Ubese monster, Grymm, and his Death Squad.

Just barely had she started to recover, open up from her dissociative haze. Boon wasn't a good person by any means. But he was not them. Was he?

In front of a grimy mirror she paused, hands on the sides of equally foul sink. Staring at her warped reflection in the flickering glow of a dim and dying fluorescent bulb. Just seeing Six-O brought her right back to that terrified child.

"Keep it tight, Aki." Her voice trembled.

She shut her eyes, her teeth clenching, hands becoming rigid and stiff in their grasp on the rounded edges of cheap porcelain. She tried to focus on the music playing. She tried to pull her mind out of that nightmare.

Stay. . . strong!

She demanded of herself. Trying not to break down entirely right there, and vanish in to an episode she may not soon recover from.

But the images kept flashing.

Murder.

Torture.

Sex.

And that rasping voice, that terrible and horrifying Ubese language. Those hands. . . they were touching her, grasping. . . she let out a groan of hate and tried to scale the wall of inner defenses.

Then, quite suddenly, the glass that stand vigil before her webbed from the center outwards. Shattering in to a waterfall of shards that clanked and rattled viciously in the sink basin. Her eyes opened, her breathing returned to normal.

Be cool, girl.

She sighed slow.

This wasn't the first time this had happened, and quite honestly she thought nothing of it. She was one of those sentients that had largely grown up outside of Force-Users entirely. Jedi, Sith, Force. Those were just words she didn't understand the definition of.

Feeling collected, she exited the Refresher and returned to the Cantina main room. Her eyes wandering through the crowd, careful to look without actually looking at anyone in particular until she focused back in on Big Boo and the large metal behemoth at the enclave table they resided in. Boo was engrossed in conversation with the machine. Hammering out whatever details it was for this little plot of his in secret.

For a moment her eyes lingered there, staring. Those Red Sensors on that monolith dome ceaselessly shining, always observing. Haunters of her dreams still to this day.

Pink Nebula, she better go fetch that now.

Objective: Establish SIS Base
Allies: SIS | [member="Elliot Locke"]
Other GA reps: Vaal Pal Vo @WhiteAlbion @Kira Vaal

"Omph!" the girl in his arms gave a soft cry, blue, green eyes widening as they peered through the veil of bright pink hair. Shock then a flush of embarassement went flooding her face. Yep, get your mind out of the clouds girl! The chide ran through Kaile's mind, knees finding their use to get her bearings again.

"Sorry..." a grimice and a sheepish wince. The guy was tall, his hair half flopping to one side, a hue a shade lighter than the color of her real eyes.

Wait what about a date? Her mind went running through the scenrio and she couldn't help but give a crooked grin.

"Maybe." okay SIS location. GADF. Right, this guy was part of it. Or had to be. Otherwise what guy would saunter in so bold as you please.

Elliot Locke? Ah real name or just another alias.

Likely real.

A snort followed the Pink.

"Reckon it is a shade brighter than I intended." she added the hue on her head matching the one on her cheeks.

"Kaile." she corrected, adding along.

"Agent Kaile Vera." she promptly extended out her hand to shake.

tinker tailor soldier spy
Allies: SIS | [member="Kaileann Vera"]
|9|

The hand was taken, shook gently, and then he moved to bring it to his lips and kiss it.

"A pleasure, Agent Vera." Elly greeted back, before presumably releasing the hand and taking a moment to study the hair. "Oh, it doesn't look too bad. Remind me to tell you of the time I had to cultivate a mohawk and paint it bright green."

He thought about that for a moment, before shrugging.

"It was a disaster to move around with, but command seemed to find it funny enough."

Locke brought up his arm, shook it gently and a holographic display revealed itself. A curse pushed its way out of his mouth and into the corridor itself. He seemed to double-check and triple-check, before sighing to himself. "Command just pushed back the meeting by another two hours. Great. I am gonna need some coffee now."

He looked her over another time, before smiling.

"You wanna tag along, pink?"

Allies: SIS [member="Elliot Locke"] [member="Kaileann Vera"]

"Don't blame me for it getting pushed back!" came a sullustan voice from a balcony above. "A certain Rear Admiral has apparently far too much in his calendar to do secure voice conference. Once which I booked the facilities for two weeks ahead of time. Honestly I don't know why we bother getting them secretaries."

The sullustan sauntered down the ladder. If he'd intended humour not a trace of it showed in his features. That changed a moment later when he reached the pair. Just a hint of humour appeared at the corners of his wide mouth.

"And don't flatter my agents," he said to the tall human. "I have far worse planned for her next assignment. Green mohawk you say?"

Vo wasn't lying either, normally he preferred to keep such interesting details from his agents until the last minute. "Oh! Manners. Right. You must be Locke. Lieutenant Vo, Kaile's handler. Amongst other things."

Six-O

The Pan-Galactic Scumbag
Objective: BYOO - Secret Plotting

"So it is what it is, yeah yeah?" Big Boo gushed with a dire, Cheshire, grin rolling his whiskered cheeks over a number of small, pointed teeth.

To say he was short was definitely an understatement. Slowly he tottered up on to legs, his fur sleek and striking in the neon glow of their little private corner. Even so, his body barely elevated higher than his silken abdomen. With head in full natation of groovy psychedelic hypnosis, the Cantrosnian angled forward, stomach pressing to the edge of the table, it at once felt as if he and the inanimate object became one being. What a terrible life.

Your entire existence damned to sit and supply the surface to which a million-million glasses would stand on. No hope, no future, no rest. What a bummer. A perpetual slavery to the man. You had no voice to object, no intellectual equivalent to scholar ideas with. Hey, but on the flip side, you probably listened in on some truly spectacular tales and conspiracies.

Wait a second.

You'd just overheard a scheme that could get us thrown in to some Super Maximum Jedi Flower Power Repent Your Sins Prison. Where they shower you with kindness and reprogram your brainwaves so you're a drone of the Corporations that keep the Galaxy churning. Another cog in the zeitgeist of Manchurian slavery. Not cool man.

Way not cool.

"Let's kick, Six. I don't trust this. . . place." From the glowing green surface, Boo zigzagged his arms through a hedge of empty glasses, fishing a lighter and metal tin of rolled Pyrepenol spliffs from this traitorous eavesdropping table.

Together the Droid and Big Boo took off towards the door. People parting like flesh when struck beautifully with razor-edged blade. This was actually a blessing, since most times, unaccompanied, Big Boo was the victim of clumsy feet.

"There's Akaiya," The cat motioned from low-level towards the bar. "Give me a lift, Six."

Six-O extended arm, letting Big Boo clutch firm before lifting the small creature skyward, stride still full and heavy.

"We're cutting out of here, I don't trust this place." Boo said warily as the droid deposited him on top of the gleaming bar counter.

"Oh. . yeah, of course Boo." Akaiya sang flirtatiously.

What's that!? Something caught Big Boo's eye.

"Yoooooooooo" He groaned covetously.

Lit banana berry frame, torn paper press of some nondescript event years on years ago. So retro. So boss. It tickled his nostalgia so right. Man he was floating, carefully Boo looked around. Incredibly body high. "I'm like a cloud, Six" He laughed, then to business. "My man, whatchu want for that?" Boon motioned.

"Y'un coona da fen ka." It'd been in his family for 800 years, so what?

"Give you my Twi'lek." She was worth, literally, millions on open market. One of the rarest color variations of her species.

"B. . . Boo?"

"Done!" All of a sudden the Barkeep spoke Galactic Basic. With a sickening grin he unhinged the picture from wall and handed it to Boon. Whom began to take stride down the length of the bar counter with Six-O in tow.

"Boo?!" Akaiya repeated, receiving only a wave of the Cantrosnian's small hand as he hopped down on to bar stool then floor. Already a number of grasps were imprisoning her from following. Sad fate repeated.

"Sweet Palpatine, Six. . . check it man!?" He flashed the Droid the excerpt.

Clip_zps0s8lesor.png

"Man, I know this fire! It lasted waaaay long, my Droid. What a find!"

Triumphant success.

"I need eats, Six. There's gotta be a Yum Bunnies here somewhere." The blue cat purred while his ocular implants soaked in the old article over and over.

Allies: SIS | [member="Vaal Pal Vo"] [member="Elliot Locke"]

That was about the time her belly gave a gurgle. Yup, she was perfectly willing to go out and eat.

Pink eh? Well, couldn't fault him. I've been called odder things.

"Reckon that's as good as any --" another familiar voice came behind Kaile. Immediately her smile grew wide. A half turn and there he was. Lieutenant Vo. He was one of the SIS Intelligence Officers that agents were assigned to as a handler.

"What if we don't mind some flattery?" Kaile added with a slight tease. If there was anyone that was able to cheer her up as well as infuriate her, it was this particular Sullusten.

"You want to come with and eat?"

Allies: SIS | [member="Kaileann Vera"] | [member="Vaal Pal Vo"]
|10|

"I see you are putting your intelligence gathering talents to good use, Lieutenant Vo." Elly responded good-humored, before nodding in acknowledgement. "We should get the Admirals to run some field ops with us, then, might get 'em less used to the lazy life."

SIS was growing by the minute, used to be it was six people in a crappy speeder van and now they were building big listening posts in the mountains. Wasn't surprising to Locke, though, if there was one thing that the Alliance needed these days it was intelligence. The more they knew before pulling the proverbial trigger, the better for everyone involved... on their side, at least.

"Not sure green mohawks gonna cut it for Pink here, might wanna try blue spiky hairdos. And yeah, Elliot Locke, pleasure meeting ya."

Nah, he didn't know Vo personally.

Too many handlers and operatives coming in and out to really get a grasp on who was who all the time. Didn't help he was usually out there in the field to really get acquainted with his colleagues.

"Yeah, let's go. I am getting peckish here."

[member="Kaileann Vera"] [member="Elliot Locke"]

“Yes that’s probably best. Last time I had a remote meeting with a one star I could hear him eating all the way though. It was hard to tell which direction a sullustan was looking, something Vo had used to his advantage during his field days. He knew names and general capabilities of a lot of individuals within the SIS, but he didn’t know everything.

For example he didn’t know who Elliot’s handler was. It was the kind of thing one didn’t go about asking, but he enjoyed trying to guess. Seemed a little rough around the edges to have been assigned to Quirll’s unit. Sistek would be a good fit for personality, but the Rodian tended to work more closely with military intelligence and signals. This one didn’t come across as a Slicer.

“Spikes, hmmm,” he added in a deliberate tone that suggested he was seriously pondering the suggestion. “What does peckish mean by the way?” he asked. A human expression he hadn’t come across before.

Allies: SIS | Vaal Pal Vo Elliot Locke

[member="Vaal Pal Vo"] [member="Elliot Locke"]

There were so many SIS agents. It was growing, but with it was also the security and secrecy of ensuring assets were kept safe. Well, as much as one could be. Getting caught was a quick way of getting disavowed, but everyone here knew the risk.

They knew they were here to do good.

"Hah, means that he's getting close to hangry." Kaile teased, starting to amble alongside Vo and Locke. Green hair? She was trying to image Locke with it. With the way his hair flopped to one side with a slight curl, it was easy to imagine.

Especially the mohawk.

"That he's getting a bit antsy on an empty stomach." she elaborated further. The mess wouldn't be far. At least it had been built with a better menu.

Six-O

The Pan-Galactic Scumbag
Objective: BYOO - Terror Protocol

It'd been some days since Six-O had reunited with his old companion. His reputation for eyes in every Starport and on every street corner proved no more false now than it had while the two toured the Galaxy years prior. The first mark on his list was the easiest. There were certain rules you had to follow in life. Never being predictable, that was the most sacred of all oaths, never let them see you coming.

The memo had clearly gotten lost in the adjacent cubicle for this sentient.

There was a slight chill to the air this moonless evening. Rain from the prior two days driving the temperature down just enough to cloak nearly every passer-by in sweater, cloak or jacket. Some to keep the cold at bay, others to loosen prying eyes from discernible figure. Better for them, perhaps, it'd prompted a lot of foot traffic to simply stay indoors. Which was good for them.

The windows of this plain white speeder were tinted a dark black. A void of shade so thick the hulking droid could barely even be noticed in the drivers seat. He was parked, with Big Boo, between yellow globe splashes of light from two wrought iron, arched neck, street lamps. The speeder in idle, heat wheezing from panel vents. An inconsequential luxury for Six-O, but Boo liked it.

"Yo, Six." Boo garbled with chewing mouth. "Check this out." He swallowed hard, giving his nose sweeping lick that crossed over on to his left cheek pad.

He was sprawled out in quite a comfortable lean, his leather seat reclined just ever so. Next to him he had a bag of Yum Bunnies they'd picked up just ten minutes prior to parking. That Lifetime Free Eats Card had ended up paying for itself, surely. Though the Cat was still infamous in every Smuggler and Black Market circle for trading a considerably large amount of high yield Phrik Alloy for it.

"You checkin', Six? I can't tell." Big Boo inquired, looking up at his stoically silent friend. "OK, good good good, my Droid. Check it. Gonna show you somethin'."

He scratched a quick itch on flicking right ear, then fidgeted around with the steamy paper bag of treats.

"Now. . . " He began, pulling out a Bantha Bite--Nebula Fireball, naturally.----traversing it over towards the wildly excessive dipping sauces between his legs and side. "Trick is, Six." He continued, plunging first in to Yum Bunnies Signature Sauce, then the Barbecue Sauce. "There's like, this unspoken method to it. . you know?" He queried ecstatically. "Like you just can't toss Bantha Bites to your face piece, right? There's a method. . . a protocol." He corrected. Dipping now in to Ranch Dressing, then Sweet 'n' Sour. "See this here, this basic, man. Way basic. Like. . . I won't do business with you type of basic. Get back to school kid before you mama paddle your rear. . . dig?"

The secret was forthcoming.

Next, with his opposite hand, he reached in to a bag of waffle-cut, Corellian Zesty Dill Pickle Potato Chips. Crushed them with precision for a nice dusting on his sauce-y Bantha Bite. "That right there, that's that pro level. But we ain't done."

A squeeze of Blue Zeltron Lime slice.

"But now you legendary!" He exclaimed, rifling the Bite in to greedy gape. His tongue so ruthless assaulted and confused it nearly wanted to leap from his mouth. "There it is! Yes!"

A Speeder buzzed slowly along the passenger side, deactivating it's lights.

Big Boo jumped up, knocking chips and sauce cups to floor. "That's our boy, just like we set up, Six." He licked his mouth and cheeks clean once more. "Now we just wait for the signal, then we back in business. Six and Boo, man!"

Ten minutes turned in to twenty, twenty in to fifty. The stragglers out on the streets this night gazing upon the Speeder and Senali sat out front of the Blind Kurdana Bistro, it's patronage rather low this evening.

Then finally!

Six-O and Big Boo watched as the driver door opened up the street from them.

A Senali of typical build and little distinguish sluggishly stepped out. His posture was sagging, his gaze downtrodden and eyes red from tears. He stumbled his way along the side of his vehicle, a few eyes lingering on him as he popped the trunk of the Speeder then began to pull canisters from his inner-and-outer jacket pockets. One by one he rolled them in all directions, smoke rapidly discharging from spark-spitting end.

One woman gave a scream, already shook from the sudden haze that clouded the street of shops and eateries.

"Make quick, Six."

The two exited their Speeder. Traversing with haste and purpose to the glow of the Senali's parked speeder brake lights. Six-O roughly flung the trunk hood upwards, strapping a Feed Drum to his back and shoulders before he retrieved the Heavy Repeater Cannon from the sunken interior and curtained himself in a cloak multiple sizes too big.

With a slam of the trunk so fierce the metal chirped an echo through half the length of the obscured street. The Speeder took off at full acceleration. Whirring circular patterns in to the smog.

Terror Protocol.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stImV0RomL4[/youtube]

As the bustle of frantic steps chattered across the stone ground. A pitch of music began to vibrate from the Droid's vocoder at full volume. So loud in fact, that those unsure of the happenings outside the Blind Kurdana began to dial emergency service numbers, with servers and host approaching the windows and door.

"What's happening?"

"A prank?"

"Maybe we should go. . ."

". . . Do you hear that?"

Engage Extermination Routine.

From under Cloak Six-O primed the Heavy Repeater with a pumping click of the chamber feed. His red sensors gleamed as ominous suns from the smoky recces of hood. Then, the firing began as the music hit it's stride.

The first that fell were the foolish few that curiosity had wrest from the ether. Glass fragmented with explosive force as suddenly, through the cloud, pulsing strobe of blasts came in as if tidal wave had crashed on sandy shore. Showering a jagged wave of projectiles through the fleshy facial plating of a Server. From a hundred wounds in cheek, lips, neck, and head the blood burst as uncontrollable torrent. Eyes fleeced with serrated missiles. Death, imminent. Threat, none.

As palms clapped gnarled remains of meaty organic face. Two more tumbled in the onslaught.

A chest cavity excavated like great stone quarry. The innards of the primitive inferior slopping out with sickly splash on the debris crusted floor. Shot after shot chewed through the Bistro and it's patrons as Six-O strode with accuracy through his destruction, Big Boo tight at his heels.

"Left, Six!"

He chambered again, spent pack clanking below him.

The muzzle found it's aim effortlessly. Another met death. Skull jig-sawed in to a hundred shards of skin shearing puzzle pieces. The intake of gurgling air through the now bewildered breathing apparatus of the meat puppet seemed stuck in limbo somewhere between surprise and death. 100% Probability of the latter.

Screams showered through the street as the chorus of music and death that was Six-O rampaged through the Bistro. Killing the entire clientage of the Blind Kurdana, it's Serving Staff, Host and Kitchen Line.

Before the machine fled through the back entrance, kicking door clean from hinges with virulent force. Big Boo paw to his his nose trailed closely behind, his role as spectator once again switching to commentator.

"Now that's the Six we know and love!" He cheered with hushed tone, as they began off through the back alley. "That one. . . with the face. . man what do you think went through his head?!" He continued. "The bolt! Ahahaha"

"Right, Six? Hey, Six. . . I'm thinking Nexu Nuggets, man."

Yequanus - 52, Rutanian, Executive Chef
N'Bavaa - 28, Rutanian, Line Cook
Rusali Y'shol - 25, Rutanian, Line Cook
Yharizan - 29, Rutanian, Prep Cook
Puevissar - 29, Rutanian, Prep Cook
Epuub 42, Rutanian, Pastry Chef
Dovir 47, Rutanian, Pastry Cook
V'Rurtrokan - 30, Rutanian, Steward
Oyrukoz - 17, Rutanian, Dishwasher
Pan Guillermo - 28, Zabrak, Host
Jason Gallagher - 20, Human, Server
Selma Boyd - 20, Human, Server
Dia Henar - 19, Human, Server
Yishgnar - 39, Rutanian, Brother of Rutan Customs Chief
Ulysses Patton - 62, Human, Husband of Environmental Protection President
Gabrieli Patton - 39, Zeltron-Human, Daughter of Environmental Protection President
Bristol Patton - 15, Zeltron-Human-Wroonian, Daughter of Gabrieli Patton
Connie Mustafah - 72, Chiss, Chief Legislator of the Rutanian Rights Act on Senali
Dee Xavier - 42, Twi'lek-Human, Mother of 3
Drucila Iqbal - 10, Human, Daughter
Luis Iqbal - 32, Human, Vocal Protestor

Cathan Santangelo - 21, Twi'lek, Saw a Senali Male parked in front of Blind Kurdana Bistro
Carolina Johnston - 39, Human, Has Video of Attack (Poor resolution, further obscured with smoke, catches single frame of large figure stepping through window)
Easter Moore - 19, Human, Saw Senali Toss Smoke Cannistors
Azera Laguardia - 41, Chiss, Saw a "Scary" Droid approach before attack, and Senali in Speeder Drive Off (Cheating on Husband, Has not come forward)
Griffin Charleton - 18, Human, Affair with Azera Laguardia (Saw nothing)
Brendon Martell - 106, Morellian, Said Senali Male did the whole thing
Vladmir Russel - 8, Human, Saw a Monster

Allies: [member="Cathul Thuku"], [member="Rhen Qel-Droma"]

Things were getting rather uncomfortable here. To Lynn, it felt like she was being fought over in a way. One was trying too hard to seem knowledgeable and to stand out while the other seemed put off by the behavior and just generally curious. Lynn did note that the Twi'lek was flirting with aspects of the Dark Side. In particular, superiority. She would commit this knowledge to memory.

Ignoring the warning completely she turned to Rhee. She nodded towards him giving him permission to handle it. Sadly, she did not have a good answer for his question. "I honestly have no idea, I found it in some rubble on my journey on Jetta." That wasn't exactly true, but truth would not make a lock of sense. She did know a gatekeeper would find it near impossible to deceiver the maker, but that wouldn't really reveal much as the name of the maker was lost in history and replaced with another.

She looked down at her now cold drink with a bit of sadness, but then her eyes widened for a moment. The cup was too cold, she had unknowingly began chilling the cup. She needed to get a grip on these powers. After this meeting she vowed she would make a trip home to fix things. For now, she simply let go of the cup and let the air return it to room temperature slowly.

|11|

"That, yes." He acknowledged, while strolling towards the mess hall. "Some got bar fights, I do restaurant fights when the line gets too long."

Most of the corridors were still a work-in-progress. No paint, just cold duracrete and a bustle of tech specialists and workers going back and forth. It would be a few more weeks, if not more, before they finished the installation. But at least they got the mess hall operational within the first week.

Would have been awkward otherwise.

Elly doubted his career would have survived, if he punched out a rear admiral in the first briefing they had here.

"I have been away on assignments near Hutt Space for the past few months, how are things looking anyway?" The reports were clear, but cold digits on papers only told one facet of the story. There was more to it than that, another perspective that would give additional insight. A cold war brewing, the two nations circling around each other as they snatched up worlds at their borders to reinforce them.

Concerning developments.

"With difficultly," Vo replied. That was an understatement, but even in a secure facility the mess was no place for going into particulars. "And I expect they are only going to become more so."

He paused before a stand which had a flimsiplast menu clipped to it. He brought one hand up to his chin and quietly considered it. "Hungry and angry," he muttered as if he wasn't talking to anyone. "Hangry. Hilarious."

In truth Vo wasn't about to make Kaile go on assignments with outlandish hair. No, he was much more subtle in his games. There were plenty of ideas for covers and outfits that wouldn't draw unnecessary attention, but would have the agent complaining to him.

[member="Kat Rivers"]
---------------------

Aeshi put on a smile as she was introduced to the many locals present, as well as the other members of the expedition. She shook hands when needed and bowed in greetings to others. Always flexible. That was the nature of her work on the borders of galactic space. Never hold so tightly to one's culture that it makes the other cultures uncomfortable. Especially when they were much taller than you were.

"Doctor," Aeshi said as affirmation, trying to take a quick assessment of her nature before addressing the other member. "Pleasure's mine, Captain Bell, Doctor Rivers." Things went by in a blur then, and she found herself back on the landing pad, backpack in hand as a giant bird landed near them.

The wind from its wings sent a tempest whirling through the air around them, sending her bangs flying away from her face. The poor doctor was nearly in shock as the rider came into view. She was a very tall Rutani warrior, and given ornamentation, probably a high ranking one at that. Simone, she said.

Aeshi stepped forward as the good doctor turned to her in surprise, giving a slight nod of her head in welcome.

"Honored to meet you, Simone. I'm Captain Aeshi Tillian." She grinned, suddenly, the thrill of exploration coursing through her veins. "And I am doing excellent." She rubbed her hands together, mind clicking away. "This is looking like it will be an excellent expedition."

She turned to address them all.

"Details were rather questionable at the briefing. Care to give me a deeper rundown of what's what?" It involved looking for a bird, apparently, with Jedi and a local guide. Something about heading into the floating continent.

Allies: SIS | Vaal Pal Vo Elliot Locke

Kaile's laughter managed to brighten her complexion. This time the pink had nothing to do with embarassment. Only good cheer.

"Hutt Space?" Kaile piped up. She knew the situation was pretty chaotic there. The Hutt Council was in the middle of trying to determine who had the most clout and most power. Which meant, a little bit more bloody than usual. However, even Kaile had heard of a new Underworld movement there. Her curiosity was peaked.

They sat down, and upon Vo's reflective muse of the term, Kaile gave another small amused snort.

"Reckon you'd find amusement on other such words." her easy going nature was coming out. Kaile, after all, was a very social creature.

"Ya'll know what's good on the menu?" it was barely a week old but Vo had a way of figuring these things out.

Turning to Elliott, Kaile smiled with faint interest.

"So how did you get involved here?" very generic question. Standard oh how did you end up in SIS, no need to devulge the full details other than, hey wanted to join or was recruited for my efforts in Xesh, Yiry, Zerek.

Elmont Block

Your focus determines your reality
He was losing power fast. He quickly punched in some data and sighed at the response. There was no way he could make it to the landing zone without further repairs. And the longer he stayed in the air, the less he could be sure he could control the landing.

He checked the coordinates. If he landed now he wouldn’t be far from the palace. It was close enough to walk.

He flicked the controls that automated a landing and headed to the cargo bay, which doubled as the exit. He glanced around. There was nothing much to take, so he waited for the ship to come to a rest and punched the button to exit.

He walked down the ramp and headed across a field towards the direction he knew the palace to be. He enjoyed being outside again, so calustrophobic was the tiny shuttle he’d been given. He inhaled the fresh scent of the grass and looked up to the faint rays of the sun that managed to filter through the clouds and mist.

Then he stopped. He paused, wondering if he imagined it. But his connection to the living Force was rarely wrong.

Then he felt it - a vibration in the ground beneath his feet. He peered through the mist ahead. Far away he thought he saw a cloud of dust rise from the field. The dry grass rippled, but there was no breeze. Then he picked out shapes through the mist. Galloping animals were heading toward him.

PVE Adventure & Mingle: Jedi Service Corps ahoy!
Jedi Service Corps Seminar
NJO Praxeum Ship
[member="Lynn Corerunner"] [member="Cathul Thuku"] @D'vok Windroamer

The more Rhen stood there, the more he could see that Lynn was feeling a bit uncomfortable. He was none the less cordial when the young woman allowed him the ability to study the holocron.

They were remarkably delicate creations. So found it amongst the rubble at Jetta?

"Fascinating indeed." one typically needed the Force to commence a discussion with the Gatekeeper.

"And the Gatekeeper, no name?" he turned back to the young woman, only to notice her slight stress. Curious indeed.

"How about we take a small walk, find a place to sit and talk a bit more, hmm?" maybe that would calm the young woman in a more relaxing atmosphere.

|12|

"They serve some mean Tonitran jerky this week." Elly mentioned, while browsing the menu himself. "Pretty spicy, tho, gotta be your thing."

It helped that a tour in Hutt Space practically burned out his taste buds. He could probably eat anything these days without so much as blinking, much less crying once that hotness started to burn hard. But the jerky was alright, catered towards the agents who hung around these corners, so it wasn't as bad. Well, comparatively speaking, of course, it hit pretty hard.

"I am probably gonna grab some Nuna bacon..." Hmm, the hangry feeling was already passing as his imagination set in. "Maybe with some Chou-shou... yeah, that's gonna hit the spot right."

He was so involved with the picking of his food, Elly only realized after that she had asked him a question.

"Oh, ahh... well, you know how it is." He drawled out, while watching his food be made. "Signed up with the local militia at sixteen, transferred to Alliance military once they became a presence, got recruited for my... unorthodox methods."

A shrug followed.

"Guess I found it concerning that the little people didn't have as much of a voice as they ought to have, you know. Figured, hmm, figured they needed more people looking out for 'em, instead of heroes following their codes and eternal missions, ya know?"

"For me?" Vo murmured as he read the menu. There was disappointment in his tone. Sullustans had relatively sensitive stomachs, compared to the species of the galaxy. They had, for the most part, evolved eating moss, vegetables and fruit. "I guess I will be eating the omnipaste with spicy bacon flavouring again."

Omnipaste was edible by almost all species in this corner of the Galaxy and could be loaded with nutrients to keep most species healthy. Healthy and bored. "But I'm sure there's plenty for you both to enjoy." There was the most subtle tone of annoyance at the edge of his voice.

"Interesting times keep us employed and well paid," he reflected. "But also away from our homes."

Vo didn't talk about it much but he had two children himself. He missed them a great deal when he was away from home. Being away for long periods of time also ensured that his wife had more children from the two other males in their Warren-clan. Something that rankled a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom