Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Blue-Milk Run Gone Sour

Attire: Casual
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

The understanding nod of her position now came from his own experience with leadership. A fleeting thing he found didn't quiet suit him as others had expected it would among the short lived convoy. Thankfully it hadn't been anything more than simply deciding when and where they were jumping along with minor details.

Smaller groups he had no issue with. More than a handful and he found himself trying to wrangle too many personalities clashing with a heavy hand.

The betrayal by his own stomach however earned her a grin. A small nod as he began to cut into his steak. A pleased sound at the sight of perfect cooking. The first bite earning a moment of reflection before he covered his mouth."Compliments to the chef on an excellent job. And I'll let you know."

Chuckling as he began to eat in earnest. Her own question making him pause. Work was. Well it was work.

"I tend to keep busy anyhow but with everything going on with the bucket heads, shipping has been picking up." Utensils coming to a halt as he thought about that. "Guess that's affecting us both?"

Shaking his head with a slight smile about the oddities of the galaxy and how it worked sometimes. Her explanation drawing his gaze up from the plate but never stopping his progress on the steak.

A slight twitch to his eyes when she let on about more personal matters.

"Can't imagine the past would be happy you have a, ah," A bite held aloft as he thought of how to phrase the inflection without assuming."Significant other.

How long had it been now since he'd let his mind wander to company?

The need to actually think back on the topic giving him pause as the bite was had. Brow furrowed as he leaned back from the plate and chewed on more than just his food.

TxPL39n.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Lightsabers
Tag: Elicar Sikcomb Elicar Sikcomb

Valery fluttered her lashes and both dipped and tilted her head in gratitude, "The chef appreciates the compliment," Valery told him with a grin that shifted into a warm, appreciative smile. Cooking was a hobby to her, and few things felt as rewarding as having someone express that they enjoyed her meals.

Now, she couldn't stop smiling.

After a few bites from her steak, Valery looked up to listen to him bring up the Mandalorians and the effect it had on his work. If he ran supply missions, it made sense. The war put a huge demand on logistics, and even civilian freighters were getting overwhelmed with work requests.

"Yeah, and it's a sad thing. Only a few years ago, we fought together as allies." Valery frowned, but then shook her head to force that conversation from her mind. She didn't want to ruin the positive atmosphere with her concerns over the war. It'd just bring down her mood, and that wasn't going to happen.

The past was a more pleasant topic.

"Mhmm, that's definitely one big improvement," Valery said, but she was more focused on him now. The change in his expression, the way he felt in the Force. She tilted her head slightly, and carefully asked, "What about you? Someone waiting for you back at home? Family or close friends?"

He didn't add anymore to the mounting compliments he'd offered.

The experience of learning that Jedi were more than some poster child for the Alliance was worth the recognition. A wordless hope that they were all of the same caliber as her. The steak half gone now as she brought a new perspective to the growing conflict.

His confused expression short lived as he pondered.

"We were yeah. Against the uh. Oh... feth." Fork stabbed into his next bite as he tried to remember where he'd heard the news about their joint efforts. Places had always made trying to remember events easier as his eyes searched for the answer. "Anyhow."

Ultimately giving up on the search as Valery did the same. At least until she flipped the questions on him.

Eyes wide as he processed the question. Giving himself time to gather his thoughts away from more questions to offer answers. Fork waving in the air as he shrugged.

"Family is waiting at home. Mother finally retired from service to Valgauth. Finally getting around to doing the painting she wanted to do in new places. I send her a list of good planets to visit while I'm doing long hauls." A warm smile crossing his face at the idea. Shaking his head at the thought of his mother scaring some poor local of a planet she chose to visit.

"Friends are as plentiful as the stars. Haven't come across someone who I can't send a Holo to later to check up on. But uh, no one other than friends and blood." The idea had been tested a few times, but it never seemed to stick for long. Withdrawing silently at the topic, eyes settled on his plate.

Suddenly stock still when he thought of his mother in her solitude and the thought drifted to his absent parent. Squinting at Valery's eyes before a frown formed.

"You said you could see in different spectrums, yeah?"

TxPL39n.png

New Cov
div-orange.png

There was another little shift in him when she turned the question around, but Valery wasn't one to tease over things like that. Not when the topic was more personal, and could potentially be an emotional one as well. But as soon as he mentioned helping his retired mother, Valery smiled warmly. She was never given the chance to do anything for her own mother, but she hoped that one day, her kids would visit with kids of their own to help her and keep some company.

But those days were far in the future, and she didn't want to linger on them now. She hated it if anybody, herself included, made her feel old.

"It's very sweet of you to help your Mother like that, and the friends don't surprise me. You're very easy to get along with." She beamed a smile, and focused a little more on that, than the thoughts likely sparked when he thought about something more than friends and blood.

"I definitely consider you one already." She looked down at what was left of her steak and pursed her lips. She wasn't too hungry anymore, but still interested in talking to him and perhaps going for that spar.

His question, though, pulled her gaze back up, "Yeah, I'm Keshian. Our people see from Infrared to UV because of the way our sun provides light on our homeworld. It's how I could see, you know..." She smirked a little teasingly at him now.

He wasn't trying to mimic her, but couldn't help but smile as she did. It was easy enough when you were in friendly company to reflect those small gestures back. Eyes alight at the compliment. Now if only his mother could share one for his efforts.

The amusement at that thought flashing across his face. The last bit not escaping his notice as he did a slight mock bow while seated.

"And a pleasure to call you one as well." Finishing up his steak as she eyed hers, his question drawing out an answer as he dabbed at his mouth. Freezing as she teased him and breaking free of that stillness with a cough.

Tan skin gaining a sharp red color across his cheeks. Hidden shine exposed now as he avoided looking her in the eye while fiddling with the napkin before adjusting the utensils on his plate.

"Ah. I. Erm. Sorry." Fork clattering against the plate as he tried centering it on the plate. Hands drawn back in surprise as he cleared his throat. "Thinner skin or uh. Embarrassment. Embarrassment really uh. Yeah."

Hands never finding a spot to settle as his mind skated across topics to shift focus.

"You mentioned rebuilding the temple? What caused it to need construction?" Shards of color reflecting off the bright red of his cheeks. Latching onto the most recent topic he could remember.

TxPL39n.png

New Cov
div-orange.png

Oh, that little teasing comment had sparked quite the reaction. Much like before, his skin began to shine like a star in the night sky, but this time, the colors were centered around his cheeks. Valery just smiled, and a soft, more innocent chuckle followed. She didn't want to make him feel overly embarrassed, but there was something endearing about seeing a man like him blush.

From the outside, at least, he appeared more like a bigger, stoic kind of man

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to push it too far." She offered a more genuine, warm smile, before leaning down to pick up the fallen fork. She spun it between her fingers as she moved back up, and looked him in the eyes while she fixed her hair up again.

A faint smirk still lingered, as she offered him the utensil back.

"The Temple was just lost to time. Thousands of years had let nature take over again, so we restored it." She liked talking about her Temple, but she knew it had mostly been a convenient change of topic. So, she would do the same.

"Hey so, I know I mentioned training in the morning. But that might just make us sore right before a trip back home for you. Why don't we do another session after dinner, and use the morning for meditation and yoga? It's okay if you usually don't do those things - I could show you." She tilted her head with a smile, curious about hid answer.

One of his hands crept up to scratch his chin, the scratch swiftly becoming a hold to cover the flush across his face. It had been a while since someone had been able to make him flustered, and he'd already let his guard down.

Her apology made him wave a dismissively before unclenching his hand. "You didn't. Just. Sorry. Caught me off guard."

He'd given up on the fork for the moment, a sound of protest as he watched her lean down to fetch it. Sighing when she offered it back to him and loosing the hold across his cheeks.

"Thank you." Fork rested properly once more, diverting his attention back to her as she explained the need to rebuild. A simple affirmation all the more offered as he let himself call down more.

The topic shifted once more, and the plan shifted into something favorable.

"That sounds great! I'll help you clean up. Again, that was excellent." Standing to get his dish back to the kitchen before looking to hers.

TxPL39n.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom