Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Blood is thicker...

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge

(Dancing With Flames, The Untold)

EcyfeuY.png

Location: The Archeon Nebula, Lothal Sector; aboard The Shadow Broker - Deck 2
Tags: Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora , Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse , Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree , Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae
dqiR7py1PFtpotUl9m1kyeZDB7zbSgYBCzm99mA8k_Mjjw6Fmf8fyrO2HVcidENjSpnFJ-J315KhMVphsVlhW5WEVC2e-5GeweDlVjebhSEPfLEuGPM9Yz0xtXe-Cd7VmT3onIui

Ivory Stroud, Donna of The Family, reached out and gently touched DeData’s shoulder. “Here is good…” She said as she glanced out of the viewport into the depths of space. Beyond, the roiling whirlwind of the Archeon Nebula stretched an immense distance - dancing through space to a cosmic song sung through The Force. The Shadow Broker drifted to a stop some distance away; safe from the immense & destructive power of the Stellar Nursery beyond.

RdgRi1_NGdeb5D43gOo9NDgwLbZGzmECpxdAjxeYyZkk7YOWfh49VMaJbxTZcZktQTCnoEXoSwzZtACTH0FFL7w5dljWAjudvpOo67cdRwdPXwd7XcN5vJSm5zB4cRJX252UCnro

The Donna was still fascinated by the starship’s unique design - operated by remote control, Celty (or even Ivory herself) could fly the ship without ever leaving the comfort of the meeting room at the very center of Deck 2. She & Celty were both seated together on one of the couches ringing the large holo-display in the center of the room; nearby, their companions Marcella Fiora, Stardust Solus, and Malcoma Hesse were each enjoying the pleasant music, well-stocked bar, and finger foods produced within the Broker’s own kitchen. They'd spent the better part of the last ninety minutes practicing new features of the Kosa Nostra Code-sign as Ivory explained each meaning and movement. Each of them seemed to be picking up the intricacies of The Family's secret language very well; before that, they'd enjoyed each sharing stories of their past before joining The Family and discussing their dreams for the future.​

In the resulting lull from The Shadow Broker coming to a stop, Ivory looked at each one of her companions. Each could feel the tone of the moment change as Ivory Stroud became The Donna once more. "It's a gorgeous sight, isn't it?" She asked, standing to her feet and smoothing the short black dress which showed off her legs and barely concealed her numerous tattoos. The small Kyber Crystal, ever present around her neck, twinkled as brightly as the stars framed through the looking glass.

Casually, she walked toward the viewport, looking out upon the breathtaking sight beyond.

"This is the Archeon Nebula…" she said, turning her back to the viewport and holding her glass in two hands. "A stellar nursery in the Lothal Sector; where stars are born." She smiled. "If we get too close, this ship and everything inside it would be torn apart by the ferocious power within those golden clouds of gas & dust."

She took a sip from her glass, then continued: "Each of you have proven your worth & your loyalty to our Family... Our rebirth from the ashes of the old Organization has been slow, but each of you have been instrumental in helping us to grow. Your loyalty to our ideals, your enterprising spirit, and your adaptability has made each of you an absolutely vital part of this thing of ours..." She met the eyes of each woman individually.

"Of course, none of you are here to simply enjoy a small vacation away from Coruscant..." She grinned, flashing perfect white teeth. "This trip marks a great moment for each of you - as we recognize your past successes, as well as to mark a change in status from Enforcer to full member."

"Are there any questions?"
She asked, swirling the bourbon in her glass as she offered the floor.

Caporegime - Cyber-Intelligence Division

FM-84 - Wild Ones (feat. Ollie Wride)

7rqb4Uj.png

Most of the time her HUD had been synched up to the external camera's though with a light opacity to it so the woman could still see the others. Of course the others could see what she saw on the eight screens that surrounded the couches set up to make a circle around the holo table. Other smaller screens had been shut off to prevent the sensitive information that constantly flowed to them. Still as she sat there in the reclined chair and a red plaid blanket over her legs she enjoyed the views that filled her eyes. As Ivory tapped her shoulder the ergonomically designed controller was placed to one side and her HUD became blank.

This was the first time so many people was on her ship. It was certainly a good job that the design made way for the possibility of hosting. They all seemed to be having fun, talking amongst themselves sharing drinks and food. Though Dedata did not take in to much of the social or eating aspects. There would be time for that later. Her eyes trailed around the dimly lit room that almost felt like mod lighting. The matte dark blue almost seemed to absorb much of the light but the horizontal strips of chrome that had a intricate pattern helped separate it and gave the room personality. Even the floor was carpeted, not a common thing on star ships, though when alone nothing was better than been able to walk barefooted in your own personal space. After all this ship was her home.

The stealth systems had been activated for some time, the shadow broker was invisible to both sensors and visuals. Even if the chances where low to encounter anything so far out Dedata did not like to take risks. She followed Ivory with her eyes and pulled her datapad close. As the woman typed the holotable came to life and as the woman typed the characters became visible for all to see. "It's beautiful.
4TsQGPK.gif
"

Dedata listened as Ivory went onto giving a little detail of the place they where in the galaxy, she made it sound like a place filled with beauty and brutality all at once. It was a good job they where not flying into it. She liked her new home, no wires hanging low or faulty gravity gen that would shut off in the middle of her sleep about twice a month. Every room was completed to her it was perfect. Non of it would have been possible is she never made that happy little accident.

Not once did she think this was a vacation however. Enough so she sarcastically thought in a joking manner "What was a vacation?" Though none would see it Dedata smiled. However she had no questions, not yet anyway.

She stood crossed armed as she looked over the nebula, such beauty, she could go and see many whenever she wanted without leaving her home though this was much much easier of a way then using the force. Surprisingly stardust had forgone her armor but of course her signature sword and unique sabers stated at her side, herr ring was on suppressing her powers so she didnt set anything alight by accident but of course that didnt stop stardust from taking some of the finger food and showing off but lighting them on fire to show off before placing the ring on again once the air was hot around her.

The power beyond the viewport, she could feel the stars being born torn apart then reborn once more, she so wanted to just reach out and control it. A hand reach for it then closed its grasp as she chuckled and let a breath out

I'll have it one day...stars will obey my whim and command

She didnt really say it to anyone in particular, just speaking words aloud. Turning as ivory spoke star approached and gave a grin as she let a breath out

no questions, just words to others

She turned to the others

you two are new people to me, you weren't here when I started decades ago, before the fall, the fact you've moved up so fast is impressive. I look forward to working closely with you

With that she bowed and gave the floor up

Business, Espionage & Faith
M A R C E L L AㅤF I O R A
X44PT3Y.png

'Papi-Pacify'​

Marcy' had spent most of the trip with a glass in her hand, slowly making her way through a bottle of Fiora Malbec while conversing with her fellow colleagues and practicing the delicate intricacies of Kosa Nostra Code-Sign. As they approached the final stretch of their destination, Marcella had sat down across from Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud and Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree , sat in quiet contemplation while continuing to sip away at her Malbec, offering mellow conversation topics with anyone should they join her.

After a short while, The Donna raised their attention, Marcella remained seated, instead straightening herself up and leaning forward in her chair~ intently listening in on what Ivory had to say from a short distance. She grinned at Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree 's comment, an expression that was quickly wiped after Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae 's comment; Marcy' knew she was a space wizard.

Offering a withdrawn smile and raising her glass slightly as if to respect her comment, she was clearly uncomfortable~ although she tried to hide it. As far as any comments from Marcella, she stayed silent, quietly sitting and taking sips of her wine, ready to stand up to join them all if necessary.

Malcoma had been uncharacteristically quiet for most of the non-recreational cruise. It wasn't that she didn't want to be there, but growing out of her survivalistic secretive habits was in and of itself uncomfortable. Though she had barely moved from one of the couch cushions all evening, the far-off look in her eye was not depressed but rather reflective. The events of the most recent conference weighed so heavily on her mind that it was a wonder she could, and did, still hold her head tall and level upon her shoulders.

It was evident to the former madam now that she need not, nor should, continue to hide from the Family. Truth, whole and entire, was the only way forward. Lies would no longer be tolerated or excused. Still, it would take Malcoma some time to be completely open with her personal, rather than purely business, life. Thus, she hadn't participated in sharing amongst the perspective Mades regarding their lived pasts and dreamt futures.

But when Ivory asked a question, she spoke up finally:

"None, Donna."

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Ivory surveyed the women gathered, amused at Celty's questioning the mention of a vacation. Inwardly, Ivory reminded herself to help the woman get out more... Then, she was reminded that she, herself, needed a break now & then as well. Celty was one of the greatest Slicers Ivory had ever met - even during her visits to the Denon System. Though the young woman certainly needed to improve her social skills & likely wouldn't be leading anyone into battle, she had proved her worth daily since joining The Family.

The Donna observed Star as she approached the viewport, taking a place nearby & to Ivory's side. A swell of pride blossomed in her heart for the Twi'lek - Star had been with The Family a long time, had remained loyal, and had returned to the fold with no prodding whatsoever. The Fire Goddess was a powerful ally... and would make an excellent leader.

Even though Marcella had only been with The Family for a relatively short time, she'd earned her place amongst The Family through determination, guile, and skill. She was beautiful, versatile, dedicated, and best of all, she could follow orders to the letter. Ivory hadn't told Marcella this, quite yet, but The Family's preem Safe-cracker & Infiltration Expert was quickly becoming Ivory's go-to woman for handling much of The Family's daily business. If Marcy continued on her current course, she could expect much more trust in the future...

Ivory brought the lip of her glass to her lips & finished her drink. "Very well." She said, resigned.

"Marcy, if you would - please retrieve the dagger you'll find in the bottom drawer to the left." She said, indicating the bar across from the viewport as she set her empty glass down before walking toward the kitchen door near the bar. She left the group of women for a few moments as she ducked into the kitchen...

...Then returned, using her shoulder to open the door, as her hands were full. Ivory reentered the meeting area carrying a brass tripod with a bowl atop it; the legs could be folded out into a triangle and the tips each possessed rubber pads which would keep it from sliding easily. The bowl atop it appeared upon closer inspection to be a brazier, built to hold fuel for a small fire, as well as a matching brass lid which could extinguish anything burning within. The contraption was small enough to fit in a small closet & appeared very well-constructed. As she walked from the kitchen and into the open area between the viewports and the bar, her every step elicited a clanking sound as the metal parts struck one another.

As she began setting up the portable brazier in the center of the open space, she began to explain:

"The act you are each about to perform, I once performed alongside my predecessor - the first Donna. This is one of our most sacred rituals; a bond of trust which, under no circumstances, can be broken. I have since adapted it to fit our needs, but everyone who reaches the rank of Made Sentient within The Family has taken part, and is thus not only bound to me, but also bound to each of you."

She finished, removing the lid from the top of the bowl and letting it hang freely from a chain which connected it to the tripod. Within the bowl were some small charcoal briquettes which had been treated in a flammable chemical. She waved for everyone to join her in standing around the basin, giving each a reassuring smile.

"Star, my dear... if you would?" She asked, glancing at the briquettes.

Then, she held out her hand toward Marcella for the ornate, double-edged, elegantly vicious ceremonial knife which had been kept safe within one of the drawers behind the bar.

Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree

ALEX & TOKYO ROSE - THE PACT [feat. WVLFPAKT]

7rqb4Uj.png

Dedata's attention moved back to her datapad as she typed. "Honestly, I was not expecting to have moved up so fast myself. I simply put in the same hours I always have. My work is something I enjoy, something I excel at. Also though I do not know you personally, I am well versed in a fair amount of your history. Same goes for Marcella. An information broker loves to do her homework after all." She typed in response to Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae .

As her attention shifted back around ivory was making her way towards the kitchen as she asked Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora to grab a knife that not even she had noticed had been snuck into place. Not unlike that brass bowl on a tripod, admittedly she had snuck a peek at what was inside. Given that this was the destination Dedata made the assumption that was perhaps what ivory was going to fetch, and her assumption was right when the woman entered back in the room with it. Without request to do anything she moved over to the stack of containers that was in the right forward corner of the room, popping the tops off one of them she slid the lid over to one side and took out a fire extinguisher.

Not that she was expecting anything bad to happen, more so that she was being cautious given that the room had a carpeted floor. One thing she new was fire and fabric was not a good combination. Walking over to join the others she set the red canister down by the corner of the sofa where it was still in quick reach.

Once more Dedata looked around at the three as Ivory spoke. She did not know what was about happen right now even if the woman could make educated guesses. Those around her was people that the Donna trusted most and for herself Dedata trusted Ivory more than anyone else in this galaxy of sin. It was that trust that she was thinking hard on a very important choice. There was at least a few moments she could take to think things through, the risk she would be taking.

It was for these few moments of zoning out deep till her choice had been made, now it was waiting for the right moment. Her eyes drew to the flame, dancing, flickering in its random patterns. The slight pull to one direction on the outwards vent that was used to keep the air recycling through the life support. "Dee, in a few moments I will need you to speak for me. Not right this second but I will say when."

Last edited:
Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree

Star narrowed her eyes, marcella had the apparent look of being uncomfortable, this didnt set right with stardust but however she knew she had to trust this woman as ivory apparently did. Offering no more she turned back towards ivory and stood tall, glancing off to marcy she looked to the dagger and star focused in it as her hand moved subtly to her side by instinct before she moved it away and took a deep breath

Ivory came back with a brazier, she explained tha the upcoming ritual was something she herself had done and star couldn't help but chuckle and crack a wide smile

hmm well, taking notes from me?

She teased at ivory, her ring slipping off and placed into the pouch at her side, the air in the room grew warm then hit like being directly in the sunlight! Those with the force or even a good sense of it could feel a massive presence fill the room, the heat soon drew to stardust as waves of heat came off her body as she raised a finger which formed a small little fireball. She pointed at the brazier and fired as the flames whooshed before she lowered the flames with that single finger, smiling she retrieved the ring and that large presence retreated back into nothing again as the temp began to return to normal

there we go, my donna~

X44PT3Y.png

'What He Wrote'​

Marcy' rose from her seat in response to The Donna, placing her glass down on the table. As she opened the bottom-left drawer she collected the embellished blade, inspecting it slightly as it sat in her hand. Blade in hand she moved back to the group, eyeing the Donna as she brought out a brazier and began explaining.. it was interesting to see where this was going.

Nervously flicking her eyes between the Donna and Star, she flipped the blade around, handing it with the blade facing herself. Blade handed off she couldn't help but become increasingly nervous.. As the room suddenly changed, getting warmer, she took a step back. What the crick.. she thought to herself, All of that prevented by a ring..

It was pretty neat to watch but also simply terrifying for Marcy', still yet to understand these space wizards. At least it was over and the brazier was lit..

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
With the brazier now burning brightly in the center of the carpeted floor, The Donna looked at each of the women in turn. She held the dagger low, blade pointed toward her feet in two hands. She looked each one in the eye.

"Each of you have endured a life on the run; trials & triumphs uncountable before joining our collective. From this moment onward, your days of surviving alone in the Galaxy are over. As the head of our Family, I swear to you: there is no place in this Galaxy you will not find aid. No place in this Galaxy that you will be helpless. As Made Members, your enemies will be my enemies. Your triumphs, celebrated - and your failures, forgiven. From this moment until the moment of your death, you are each a part of something which lives & breathes; a great Family Tree, concealed and protected by it's canopy. From this moment onward, you are now a part of La Kosa Nostra... This Thing of Ours."

She smiled narrowly; all business. "To symbolize my own sacrifice to each of you, I will go first. Please extend your right hands, palm up, and repeat after me."

"As I bleed, so shall my Family bleed with me. As I suffer, so shall my Family offer comfort. I bind myself to the will of The Family, that my sacrifice may nourish the roots of the Black Oak; and should I die in service, may I be buried beneath it, so that my body is consumed and it's each branch nourished."

Holding the golden dagger in her left hand, she placed the needle point against the flesh of her right hand, and would draw it sharply from right to left - opening an incision in her flesh which welled up immediately, pouring bright crimson down and into the brazier below.

"I swear, under pain of death, that I shall not betray my Family - that I shall not offer secrets to any living being beyond our reach, and that I shall not allow any being, alive or dead, to come between my Family and I."

As the women would repeat her words, Ivory would reach out with the dagger and do the same on each of their palms - creating an incision which bled like her own.

Then, she would offer her bleeding palm in a handshake to each one individually; intermingling their blood with hers over the copper brazier. Ivory would squeeze each time, flexing her hand, barely wincing at the pain - and each time, it was followed by the hiss & faint stench of copper as drops struck the burning coals.

She looked each woman in the eye individually, peering deep within their souls.

For her, the moment was deeply emotional. She showed no sign, save for moisture welling up in her eyes; but within, she remembered a similar oath which she still upheld. Her predecessor, the first Donna, would have been proud.

Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

ALEX & TOKYO ROSE - THE PACT [feat. WVLFPAKT]

7rqb4Uj.png

Dedata listened intently as she stood to the right of Ivory. The words she spoke was a home, a place of belonging set into the hardest crystalline structures that would make the people of Christophsis Jealous. It had been a long time she had done everything... alone. No one to watch her back, no one to trust never knowing what was around the bend. Today was a new segment of her life, a new chapter that brought forth a future she had never seen for herself. How was it a silly risk and a simple spark would turn into a fire that burned much more passionate, much more ambitious and brighter than her life before. There was nothing that tied her to the past, not even her family could stop her from doing this. When the day comes to tell them, if that day ever comes, It will be one interesting conversation.

"To symbolize my own sacrifice to each of you, I will go first. Please extend your right hands, palm up, and repeat after me."

Her left hand came up to below her chin. Thumb and finger gripping around the tab as the sound of the zip could be heard, it would be pulled down part way. The same thumb moved to tuck into the sleeve as she pulled out her right arm from the body suit. Pale white flesh was on show, almost the same shade as snow but with a light hint of blue and orange from the light sources in the room. Even the circuit board patterned tattoo could be seen one one shoulder that trailed partly down her arm. Finally both hands came up to her helmet waiting a moment. "Dee, you won't need to speak for me after all."

Dedata pressed in the unlocking function that fastened it to her head. A feature that was the result of Ivory. A light hiss escaped as fresh air filled the inside and the seal broke. Lifting slowly, her face finally revealed. Turquoise eyes stared first at Marcella, then to the Twi'lek Stardust and finally to Ivory. She could not help but let her expression soften quickly as she looked at the woman. The helmet hid so much from the outside world.

"As I bleed, so shall my Family bleed with me. As I suffer, so shall my Family offer comfort. I bind myself to the will of The Family, that my sacrifice may nourish the roots of the Black Oak; and should I die in service; may I be buried beneath it, so that my body is consumed and it's each branch nourished."

Celty spoke softly as she held out her hand. "I swear, under pain of death, that I shall not betray my Family - that I shall not offer secrets to any living being beyond our reach, and that I shall not allow any being, alive or dead, to come between my Family and I." When the blade finally traced across her soft skin splitting flesh and creating a valley of blood, Celty winced a little with a little quiet moan of main. It stung differently to many other cuts she had received in her life, and some where deep. Perhaps because this one was deliberate and expected. The brain was a strange and complex thing.

Their hands squeezed as Ivory flexed her iron grip. She could feel the red liquid between their palms though through the handshake Celty did her best to not flinch at this part, though her face said she defiantly wanted too.

Celty waited till the handshake where finished before looking at Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora and Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae . "My face, my voice, my skin. These are all secrets. They are mine alone to reveal. I am Dedata, I am also Celty. When the helmet is off, it is because I know I trust you to know. In these moments where you see my face, you may say my birth name. Any other time you are to use Dedata. I ask this in trust that Celty and Dedata can never be linked. Other than Ivory, only the two of you know my face, name and it's ties."

Stardust looked into the fire then up to Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud as she spoke, a proud smile formed upon her face as she held her palm out and repeated

As I bleed, so shall my Family bleed with me. As I suffer, so shall my Family offer comfort. I bind myself to the will of The Family, that my sacrifice may nourish the roots of the Black Oak; and should I die in service, may I be buried beneath it, so that my body is consumed and it's each branch nourished

As star gripped her hand she made a point to squeeze and look into her eyes, they made it this far, stardust was once more by her side and was finally solidified to remain in her service till the end of time. She could see those tears forming and offered just the slightest of nods before she let go of her hand and looked to it almost as if surprised to see blood dripping from it once again. She was so entranced seeing her own blood she barley noticed Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree taking her helmet off till she looked over to the woman and stared in awe at her, in all the time the twilek had known this slicer shes never seen her face much less hearing that voice of hers!

Composing herself stardust took a breath

if we are sharing secrets then...I suppose I will...I'm not the savior people think I am, i didnt earn this power I have through doing good. I've done things that would make even the most harden criminal squirm, I'm a monster who killed to get where I am...and I dont mean kill those who could put up a fight...my path is forged in blood because I crave war! It calls to me! I cant escape the drums even when I try to even when I'm begged to I follow the war drums wherever they go

Star looked down into the fire and frowned upon it

I'm a being of war and greed

X44PT3Y.png

'Beginning to End'​

As Ivory spoke, Marcy's eyes flickered between those in attendance, truly believing that those around her are people she could truly trust, even if one of them is a space wizard. After a few moments, she raised her palm to Ivory, repeating her words as instructed, "As I bleed, so shall my Family bleed with me. As I suffer, so shall my Family offer comfort. I bind myself to the will of The Family, that my sacrifice may nourish the roots of the Black Oak; and should I die in service, may I be buried beneath it, so that my body is consumed and it's each branch nourished. I swear, under pain of death, that I shall not betray my Family - that I shall not offer secrets to any living being beyond our reach, and that I shall not allow any being, alive or dead, to come between my Family and I."

She winced as the knife slashed her palm, although she stood firm and let the blood drip into the brazier. After the initial pain cleared, she was firmly distracted by Dedata talking~ right up until she removed her helmet, "Holy crik.." she muttered to herself, shocked at what just transpired. Breaking from the shock of Celty's reveal, Ivory had met Marcy's palm, joining in a firm handshake over the brazier, again wincing slightly at the pain.

Marcy' listened to Celty explain her reasoning and request, offering a polite nod to acknowledge it out of sheer respect. After a few moments of gazing at her, she turned her attention to the Twi'lek, listening to the secrets she had to share and offering respectful smiles as she elected to share her secret with them all.

As Stardust finished, Marcella waited a few moments out of courtesy before speaking up, "
I'm afraid that I'm an open book; I'd simply like to say that I admire and appreciate you all greatly, The Family wouldn't be what it is without those of us within this room.. thank you." she shared, looking at all four of her fellow Family members in the eye with a significant degree of pride.

Then it hit her, a memory that she buried and burnt, not wishing to relive. Her face turned morbidly serious as her eyes flickered erratically as the realization that she did have a secret hit her and hit her hard. How could she not share it? She had been
giphy.gif
entrusted with the knowledge of Celty's identity and the dark history of Stardust's past. Wasn't this the whole point of the ceremony: trust?

After a few moments of hesitation, she spoke up again "
Actually I-I.. do have something to share," she paused, not actually wanting to share.. CRIK IT. "You are all my family now, but uh, my 'real' family and I are from Delaya, the sister-planet of Alderaan and they're no longer.. with us.." she once again paused, saving the part that hurt the most 'til last, "as a result of a mistake I made when I was younger~ one failed job, a single mistake and a consequence that I have to live with forever; one irked Alderaani fixer was all it took," she stopped, visibly displaying the pain of the memory.

Taking a few seconds to collect herself, she whipped around to the table behind her, picking up her wine glass with her bloodied hand and downing the last half of it within seconds. Turning back around to the group she finished, "
Anyway.." she quipped, looking around at the others within the room wanting to move on, smiling behind her pain as she tried to bury the memory once again; her pride having clearly taken a beating.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree , Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae , Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse .

Last edited:
Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Ivory was deeply pleased, listening to each of her companions as they shared their secrets. Celty's reveal of her identity was a surprise - Ivory had expected The Family's helmeted slicer to maintain her anonymity, but the woman's offer of trust brought a warm glow to The Donna's heart. "Good to see your face." Ivory quipped quietly, giving the young woman a playful grin.
I'm a being of war and greed

"If you weren't, then I don't believe you would have made it this far." Ivory returned, her gaze level & intense as she stared into the eyes of the tall, emerald-skinned Twi'lek. "We've all killed to get where we are... In this Family, let your shame be transformed. Be resolute. Endeavor to change, to become better than you were - to use the power I offer in service to this Family, rather than your own whims." She looked at each of the women individually, "This is what I require of you. A life in service to me, and to our Family. Whatever secret pain you carry, let it be shared by all - this is our Bond."

As-if to illustrate her point perfectly, Marcella spoke up - turning, after a meandering moment, to her own secret.
"You are all my family now, but uh, my 'real' family and I are from Delaya, the sister-planet of Alderaan and they're no longer.. with us.." she once again paused, saving the part that hurt the most 'til last, "as a result of a mistake I made when I was younger~ one failed job, a single mistake and a consequence that I have to live with forever; one irked Alderaani fixer was all it took," she stopped, visibly displaying the pain of the memory.

She didn't share much, but Ivory could see whatever pain the woman suffered was still an open wound.

"By taking this oath," Ivory responded, "Your mistakes are washed away in the fire." In front of them, the small brazier still burned brightly - casting flickering light upon the walls of the dimly lit room, and eerily highlighting The Donna's features. "Let your pain, your fear, your old self die - to be reborn again, from this moment." She spoke to each of them, directly.

And then, it was Ivory's turn.

Her bleeding, open palm hovered a few feet above the burning flames, palm smeared with crimson - their mixed blood, soaking into her open wound and dripping rhythmically into the brazier. The heat of the flames spread up her arm, heating her skin & causing the flow to quicken. For a few moments, Ivory stared into the dancing flames, her eyes dark & distant.

"Years ago... another lifetime ago..." She started, hesitantly at first; "I was in love. A dear friend, whom I trusted - whom I'd fought beside, grew to care for, killed for."

"I left him to die."

Her demeanor seemed entirely detached, as-if she were merely relating ancient history by rote. "We were doing something similar to our work on Denon, except with less support and even less experience. Hunted by an entire planet; having manifested a revolution which failed. When they came for us, we had taken shelter in an abandoned factory - the two of us, cold, hungry, and alone... Far from any friends."

She squeezed her fist tightly, knuckles whitening... but she did not flinch. Pain spread through her entire body, signalling to her brain that she'd suffered a grievous wound and to stop.

"It was night. I had been asleep. Taking a moment of rest, while we had the opportunity. I remember waking up to echoed shouts, and then a blaster shot. A dying scream. And then, search lights." Finally breaking from her trance-like stare into the flames, she looked at her companions. In the firelight, she seemed to have aged considerably over the past few moments; as-if she were an old woman, recounting one of her darkest secrets. "I ran. I should have fought... should have sought out his body, found his killers, and died beside him. But I ran."

She sighed, finally dropping her blood-covered hand with a shrug. Her attitude changed as the corner of her lip curled upward in a wry smile. Ivory stepped away from the brazier and walked the short distance beyond her newly-inducted family; retrieving two white bar rags and returning to the group as she began to tear them into strips. One strip, she wrapped around her injured hand - indicating wordlessly for Marcella, Star, and Celty to do the same.

"Well done, my loves. Well done."

She smiled, the strange illusion which had altered her features dispelled. Violet eyes, bright and joyful, shimmered with repressed emotion. Her sudden change on demeanor signified a return to business, and she nodded approvingly at each of them. "With that done, please join me at the holo-table. The Family has secrets I would share with you."

The Donna reached out to the metal lid, hanging freely from a chain beside the metal brazier, lifted it, and smothered the flames. Then, she returned to the circular sitting area they'd been seated at previously; reaching down to touch a button on the display, powering up the device. Hanging in the air, blossoming to life like an orchid opening to daylight, was an image of the Galaxy...

The Donna waited for everyone to join her.

Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree

7rqb4Uj.png
"Well -" She paused taking a second to sigh, thinking of what to say for an extra moment. "I already know how much you trust me, 'n' you already know I trust you. So I this is me showing I trust your judgment...and worth it to see that smile too." She muttered that last part quietly as her face went a little rosy in the cheeks and her eyes moving to the floor for a second. Celty had caught the long winded gaze along with the cursing from removing her helmet as her gaze moved back up. "What you was expecting or not? I mean, I know quite a few have actually tried guessing and the odd rumour." She smiled asking Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora with a devious and cheeky grin.

Very quickly others had began to talk, it seemed everyone had secrets, they wished to share. All she did was take something off but it was a big secret to her, and a step that a certain person in the room kept nudging towards. Ivory already knows Celty's whole story, including where she's from and her bloodline. The rest, well they do not need to know her life that intimately. After all she is still a rather secretive woman and had shown her loyalty and the level of trust willing to be extended to those here.

The fire went out and her eyes looked up to the ceiling thankful there was no soot, however since she was sleeping in here tonight a couple of fragrance bombs would not be amiss. Bare feet strode across the carpeted floor, till reaching her spot making sure to pick up a full bottle of wine along the way. A hand squeezed between the cushions kicking up a foot rest, all of them had one but of course Celty never mentioned it. The Information Broker got comfortable and even pulled a blanket over and pillows behind. The holo display soon added extra illumination to the whole room, however curiosity piqued the woman.

What secrets would these be, and are they such once that perhaps had at one point came across. After all, information was Celty's very thing. Words pushed to dark places was the best kinds of words, as well as the most exciting kind too. Bringing the bottle to her lips with matt black lipstick on she did not take a small sip, but necked a couple of gulps.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

X44PT3Y.png

'Sentimentai'​

A grin continued to befall Marcy' as she recovered from the havoc her history caused within her head~ still bewildered at Celty for showing her face. Soon, however, the conversation returned to a state of seriosity as Ivory discussed her past, a bit of a shock yet everyone had their history.. everyone.

Wrapping her wounded hand in a stripped bar rag, she moved to join the group at the holotable, pouring herself another glass of Malbec, this time she'd sip it; as well as a cigarra, an excellent pairing. Marcy' opted to take a seat, curious as to where the conversation was going, judging by the map laid out in front of them.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree , Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae , Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom