Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Blinding Lights | CIS Dominion of Gholondreine-β

GLASSWAY

I'll strap you into the stand next to him.

The Echani's eyebrows rose and fell suggestively. There was a that's what she joke in there somewhere, but he was going to let it slide in favor of another swig...Not. "Strap me huh? My safe word is Pineapple."

Chuckling at his own joke, he then took his "well earned" swig. Hazel then explained their itinerary - a pitstop here, a fuel stop there, and the potential for leaving this evening if she wasn't blitzed. On one hand, Var was enjoying their chat immensely. On the other, the locale was as rowdy now as the second she sat down.

Ultimately, he slid the bottle closer to her arm. "There are bound to be more bars in this strip. Might be worth seeing how many bucket-heads get uppity in one night."

Hazel Scheler Hazel Scheler

..N..O..N..L..E..T..H..A..L..
Var Talon Var Talon

There were many things Hazel Scheler was too old for, sexual innuendos wasn't one of them. She quirked a scar-crossed brow at him, the corner of her lips following suit. The bottle got a glance before Hazel casually acquiesced to the suggestion. A moment later there was no debate as to whether her glass was half-empty or half-full, the bottle was completely empty. The amused expression lingered.

"There's some unspoken rule about not killing two bottles in the same bar," she slugged back the entirety of her glass, winced at the burn and shook it off, "You got me. Let's go."

The merc stood from the booth, turned a wary gaze at the continued chaos of the bar fight, caught a man thrown back in her direction by the shoulder with her left hand, "Okay, yep, there you go, have fun," and buffered him back into the blitz. With Var shortly joining her, she lead the way out through the throngs of betting spectators and looked to him as he pulled level with her out on the pram, "Serious question though," Hazel nudged at his arm with her hand, "what's a pineapple?"

Last edited:

M6zDQGa.png

B R E A T H

8wDTtQq.png

Time: 1925 Hours
Equipment: Tactical Recon Handgun (2), Appropriate attire
Objective: Let off some steam.
Tags: | Tyrias Aran Tyrias Aran |

Luna leaned against the wall of the booth as Tyrias began to order their first round of drinks, though her hand never left the blue one clasped around her own. It wasn’t often that she was able to have contact like this. She wasn’t going to leave it for anything tonight. Too often in the past had she needed to give up things for herself that would benefit those around her, keep her men and women active and happy. Just for one night..she was going to be as selfish as Tyrias would allow her to be in her presence.

The question was something that Luna had been anticipating, but the combination of seeing Tyrias’ eyes boring into her and the soft, melodic voice drifting over the pumping music gave her a pause to flush, her own eyes dropping into the table. “Well..it’s certainly a long story.” This night was about spending time with Tyrias, and there was no doubt that the Chiss had taken the time to read on her military history. There was certainly no hiding her past at this point, and besides, she wasn’t exactly the most blank of characters.

“Gholondreine was actually one of the farthest places the First Order outstretched to when they were expanding during the wars with the Galactic Alliance. I never flew any..major combat missions out there, but we stopped here to refuel at one point and had a couple of days rest, much like we have now.” Luna’s eyes lifted as the attendant returned to where they sat, a couple of glasses on a platter fit snuggly on the palm of her hand. She gave her a small smile, then a nod as the drinks were placed on the table. “Thank you,” Giving the tired waitress a smile of compassion, she reached into her pocket to pull out a few extra credits, at least for her. They might’ve been the most the woman would’ve gotten that night combined.

She looked down at the credits for a moment with a slightly shocked expression before returning luna’s smile and darting off with the newfound credits. Luna watched her for a moment then turned to her drink, taking a long sip before continuing her story. “My squadron found this place and we basically camped here for a few days, far from our TIEs and the heat of combat..” Those emerald green eyes gazed down into the copper colored drink with a slight sigh. She swished the liquid around, deeper thoughts being verbalized with a soft sadness. “I..honestly miss those days. Miss my squadron…I miss flying.” That gaze lifted to meet Tyrias’, giving her a smile that did not feel as genuine as the others so far that night.

Attire: Night on the Town
Tag: Luna Terrik Luna Terrik

The Chiss settled back into the booth as she threw an arm up over the seat top. Long story? Well they'd just arrived so it seemed they had plenty of time, and Luna's partner for the evening was an ever so patient sort. Dauntless' Commander certainly knew Tyrias at that -- after all, when the Fleet Marshall first set foot on Scarif she'd called out what Luna had been drinking from sight alone. Information was not her trade, but its value was revealed in surprising ways.

Slowly the blue woman leaned in as Luna spoke, both hands resting on the table to hear the tale spun over the background of the club.

One briefly interrupted by the return of the waitress. A brief but meaningful exchange ensued with Luna provided generous compensation. A tip. Terrible economic fad in this humble Chiss' opinion. Variable compensation dictate by entirely subjective criteria and one's "mood." Worse, if the tips were taken away the companies wouldn't compensate for their loss without legislation. It was surprising just how much the galactic economy resembled a house of cards. And deplorable just how little obligation people felt to uplifting their own civilization.

When Luna reached the end of the tale and expressed the feelings she ordinarily held back, Tyrias smiled back empathizing with her lamentation. Slowly she extended one hand to lay atop one of Luna's wrists as she played with her glass. "We all do, Luna."

"My people are not gifted with The Force like other species. Only young, female Chiss possess such powers with strength to rival Masters and Lords alike, but in one particular skill. They can see the future." Tyrias paused with a smile as she gaze across at Luna. "Our ships can navigate through regions of space no other species would dare. Until the young girls grow up. Their power wanes. Fades. Even a single lapse could doom an entire ship, and so their duty demands they step aside. To find some other means of contributing to the Hegemony. Something that never rises to the same thrill -- the same sense of accomplishment and purpose as charting a path into the abyss."

Tyrias drew her hand back in order to lift her glass off the table. The Chiss' facial features had softened after her own tale. No mention of it being a personal recounting nor concern over the nature of what had been said. For an impromptu affirmation of understanding where Luna was coming from it... seemed enough. Open admission of being one of those girls might be found in a follow-up. Soon she extended the glass in Luna's direction and lifted it slightly. "To flying."

A moment shared, Tyrias looked across at Luna once more. "What do you miss most about it? The sound of rain? The crushing pull of gravity? The disbelief you managed to survive a dog fight in ruins of a broken world?"

"You have to follow your own path."
eqxrirn.png

Tag: Marguerite Shaw
Asher continued to examine the android with a noticeable curiosity, however he quickly turned his attention back to the woman before him. She referred to DELTA as a personal care unit and Asher immediately shook his head. "No, not exactly. Although he does have some applications towards that end, Delta's main function is as a combat and disaster analysis program. Although he's been upgraded with over two dozen other programs. He helps me run simulations in my lab so that things such as that don't happen." He gestured up to the monitors showing his destroyed speeder once again, this caused Delta to hold his hands up in defense.

"Oh no, Doctor Anira said she didn't want my help in her data analysis trials. Its not my fault she's too proud to use a - what does she call me?"

"Insufferable ball of code." Asher completed the sentence, causing Delta to exclaim before balling up on Asher's shoulder. "Mean woman." He muttered, before his code-crafted appearance suddenly fizzled away once again. Once the small hologram fizzled away again, Asher shook his head before turning to Marguerite Shaw . "Sorry, his programming wasn't my design. An old friend of mine designed him for me, said I needed a program to lift my mood." He said, before gesturing towards the bar once again. "Here, let me buy you another drink. I'd appreciate the company." He said a little curtly before making his way back to the bar.

"Are you independent? Looking for work?" He prodded with some interest. The Scientist took his seat once again, this time giving his attention to Maggie as he ordered another glass of whiskey. He could feel the liquor pouring through it, yet he preferred it to the Force. It dulled his senses, pulling him from the clutches of the twisting nether...and with it the terrors within.

Marguerite Shaw

M
eqxrirn.png

Tag: | Asher Malvern Asher Malvern |

-------------

The banter between man and AI was amusing at least. It did remind Maggie of some former projects of her own. Nothing with a physical body, but an AI built into her personal terminal that would speak to her and help to keep her not only awake, but her brain working in those odd hours where everything attempted to slow down. Those were the days that she would get into trouble for not sleeping...Hence EVOH.

But the offer to be bought another drink earned a soft noise in the back of Maggie's throat, and she followed Asher back to the bar. "No need to explain coding and personality in programming to me." she assured with the shrug of a shoulder. She also took the time to order her drink before speaking up again. "I've burned my way through more than one personality chip in my day..." That was most certainly putting it mildly, but it didn't seem as if the blonde needed to reach in and give out any specific numbers. EVOH was - thus far - a success, and that was all that mattered.

When work was brought up however, Mags shook her head. "Not entirely independent, no. I do have a nest I call home." she answered. "However, I am always looking for work. Too much going on up here," she tapped the side of her head with her index finger. "To remain stationary and just wait for assignments to come in. So long as the things I get myself into don't interfere with assigned projects, I'm pretty much free to dabble." she paused, taking up her drink once it was set down in front of her. "Within reason, of course." she added, then lifted the glass to her lips for a drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom