Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Blinding Lights | CIS Dominion of Gholondreine-β

Mic Gallagher

M

962f8a3da1d1574c069b783f76b1def0_2.png

p2QNwRg.png

TAG: Ashryn Shiari Ashryn Shiari
WEARING: X

Mic was quite surprised when he was asked along to the party planet.

Normally he and Ash were on some job or other - usually him dragging her along to have his back. A social outing with Surfer Chick was something new. And boy, did she look dashing in her red dress. He, on the other hand, felt out of place looking all smart.

Where was he supposed to put any trinkets he stole?

But the city was amazing! Lights and people were everywhere. They made their way to the famous Glassway club, Ash's arm hooked around his. She looked like a kid in a candy store as she pointed out the trinket possibilities walking around.
"I'm sure we can arrange something." he smirked. He had been the topic of her headaches for quite a while. The least he could do was humour her a bit.

She then shifted her attention to him, thanking him for coming along. He beamed his boyish grin at her.
"Sheila, with you around, it can be nothing but fun." he said. The booze and credits going around was enough to make any trinket hunter foam at the mouth.

He then looked over the club for his most favourite past time.
"What do you say we get a drink first?" he asked, looking down at her once more. Booze was the first go-to before you do anything else in a place like this.

962f8a3da1d1574c069b783f76b1def0_3.png

PBTfdEg.png
B A R F I G H T

Equpment: Aselia's Beskgarm
What had started off as a nice quiet evening had suddenly turned into a bar fight, as she turned to look to see it she spotted Haastal with a chuckle, and would have left things alone until one of the gang members decided to try and re-arrange his spine on her table smashing it to bits and spilling her drink all over the floor. Aselia was clad is her beskar with her helmet sitting beside her. Strands of red hair fell around her face as she looked down at Haastal on the ground. "Hey vod, you just wrecked my table. You owe me a drink." she reached down and made a show of poking him in the chest before she burst into a gigantic grin and offering him a hand up. "Lets crack some skulls" after helping him to his feet she slid her helmet back on and as the sensor suite came online a small beeping signaled an attack from the right.

She just reached out with her hand, grabbing the guy by the throat before slamming him into the nearby wall. Now free of distractions made a show of cracking her knuckles and rolling her shoulders, a few individuals got the hint from now seeing a pair of mandos and knowing when to quit but there were still plenty of punching bags around to choose from. "You go left, I'll go right?"

House-Verd.png

M6zDQGa.png

B R E A T H

8wDTtQq.png

Time: 1900 Hours
Equipment: Tactical Recon Handgun (2), Appropriate attire
Objective: Let off some steam.
Tags: | Tiria Reinhart Tiria Reinhart | Tien Ulinesque Tien Ulinesque | Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red | Tyran Numeck Tyran Numeck | CT-308 Maverick CT-308 Maverick | Jasmille Kavos Jasmille Kavos | Jie Tarell | Tegan Farron | Subject 82 Snow | Udrid | Eva Winburn Eva Winburn | Titus Dorn Titus Dorn | Frank Sterling Frank Sterling | Eldin Rake Eldin Rake | Asta Nikola | Blair Vauss | Dreyn Dreyn | Obediah Sharp | Rook Heimdal Rook Heimdal | Mitra Fay Mitra Fay | Tyrias Aran Tyrias Aran |

There was the slightest hint of a growing smile the moment the chiss decided to come along to the night on the town. Luna had admittedly been worried about being turned down, though she knew Tyrias would have a solid reason for telling her no. With the Chiss onboard, however, the night seemed quite like it would be something she exactly needed.

When Tryias motioned to the exit, Luna gave a little head bow then proceeded to lead the way out, though perhaps turning toward a different direction than her friend might’ve thought. Instead of heading toward where the yacht’s ramp was down, she started toward the hanger section of the ship. She stayed silent, however, instead toward the ship’s hanger with a growing smirk on her face. This would be a fun night, and there was one surprise she was happy to spring on Tyrais.

As they entered into the hanger, there looked to be a pair of mechanics working on something that was mostly hidden by a plain colored tarp. The sounds of the Marshal’s boots clicking against the durosteel flooring seemed to get their attention, an auburn colored Togruta slowly standing to his full height with a heck of a smile painting his face. “Ohohoho, the marshal has herself a date, it looks like. Or did you just want to show off the work I put into your..chariot, tonight?” His smile only continued to grow, which served to prompt a rolling of the eyes from the scarlet haired marshal.

“Tyrias is coming to get her off the bridge, and to give myself a chaperone for the night. Haven’t you heard what those green punks in venom squad have to say?” Luna’s smirk grew, putting on a mock face of hurt. “They apparently called me a lightweight. The nerve! If there was one person she could joke with on the ship, it was the lead mechanic, Sobeel. It was rare she had gotten to see him before, but with the entire dauntless navy consolidated into one ship now, their meetings were much more..frequent.

The mechanics belly shook at the firey response from Luna as he doubled over in laughter, eventually recovering to look at the pair with a teasing glint in his eye. “well then, shall we set you off to disprove such hurtful slander, then, ma’am?” With that, he nodded to the deck hand, each grabbing an end of the tarp and ripping it off, revealing what the alien had so called, the chariot.

Underneath the tarp was something that would fit right in on the neon lit streets that they’d soon descend into. A chrome purple color, polished to perfection, white colored seats, and a pair of engines that purred like loth cats. Luna’s eyes ran over the speeder, allowing her fingers to run along the paintjob with a growing grin. It had been so..so long since she had been able to have fun like this.

Her eyes fell to Tyrias, giving her a wink before leaping into the drivers seat. She gave the speeder a quick tap of the accelerator, hearing the engines purr once, then twice. Looking toward Tyrias, she motioned for her to join her. “You coming? I need my chaperone.” The moment the Chiss leaped in, Luna would peel out of the hanger and speed toward the night city, eager to have a night off from the warscaped worlds she had called her
home.

Attire: Night on the Town
Tag: Luna Terrik Luna Terrik

Chiss were the worst. At games, that is. Not that they lacked the ability to win, but because they had an uncanny ability to win. It was the unflappable stoicism. The ability to conceal one's emotions or show any indication as to their thought process or impending decisions. Schooled facial expression and solid red eyes threw most sentients in the galaxy off balance. It was an art form they were taught from the moment they were born. It was best to start early, was it not? Of course it was.

It was also something of a double-edged sword seeing how Tyrias lived among outsiders. Such discipline was not their way. A prime example being put on display before her very eyes with a very liberal mechanic. Yet the hanger deck often got a little more leeway in decorum than those schooled on the bridge. Seemed the Marshal had made sure it was more than a little. Provided their efficiency did not drop, however, Tyrias wouldn't meddle. There were times when it was best not to intervene.

Naturally Luna suggested it was Tyrias that needed time away from command and not herself. While it was true that Chiss enjoyed relaxation as much as any other -- at the appropriate time, and in the appropriate manner -- Tyrias did not have the same problem as Luna Terrik. No, she had a different one, in fact. The Chiss occupied her leave hunting down scum. It was rather enjoyable, in fact, especially when they put up a fight. Social relaxation was something both of them rarely engaged in... outside of their private interactions. Tyrias could hardly advise Luna if she were never by her side, after all.

A blink of red eyes followed the reveal of a speeder bike. Certainly a curious turn. Logical given their location and the size, though Luna hadn't indicated her plans involved such previously. A surprise then. Chiss were not predisposed toward enjoying a 'good surprise,' but then Tyrias hadn't spent most of her life among her own kind. It still ran counter to an efficient mindset -- not being aware of what resources were on your own ship -- but it was not... unpleasant.

After all, Luna seemed beside herself. Giddy, in fact. That was something Tyrias could appreciate.

Flying through the streets at speeds certain to result in instant death if they hit a wall was also enjoyable. Something the blue woman did quite often while hunting for prey no one would miss. Seemed unlikely Luna would mind the Chiss's arms about her midsection after having climbed aboard for the ride either.

"And since when did you become a speeder junkie?" Tyrias playfully called out as they went.

"You have to follow your own path."
eqxrirn.png

Tags: Marguerite Shaw

The XLR-8 was a baseline combat speeder that Dynetech Industries had been thoroughly investing their time into. Asher hated the damned invention. He hated the components required to mass-product it, he hated the excessive power supply his design team had come up with, but most importantly he hated the cost of testing the damned devices. It required them to rent a proper space for a controlled test and then input the device into a number of real-world trials. So he didn't care to pay for the next phase, instead he'd had the speeder entered into the races on Gholondreine.

It was in dead last. Asher was sitting in one of the viewing boxes, holding a crystal of bourbon. He'd drank two already and with his speeder falling from 19th to 20th he felt the need to down more.

"Idiots." He said harshly. "They overestimated their data, again." Another downing of the crystal caused a voice to call out from around Asher, yet there was no body to trace it to.

"You know you shouldn't be drinking so much." The almost child-like voice had come from a ring on Asher's finger. A single gemstone illuminated with a green glow, producing a small hologram of a child-like AI formed from emerald code.

"I'm not in the mood, Delta." He grumbled out, downing another sip of the bourbon, the ice being the only thing remaining in the glass. The code disappeared in a brief fizzle, before the holoprojectors in the ring flashed towards Asher. Delta rested on his shoulder, waving a hand at the older man. "You're never in the mood. Except a mood to drink and be grumpy. You should be enjoying yourself, we just closed a huge contract." Asher grumbled again. "Another contract. Then another contract, and another contract. It's all the same thing Delta." He said. He stood from his seat, his legs feeling ass if they were filled with jelly. "Shouldn't you be happy with your success?" Delta was met with an off-handed grunt as Asher turned from the box and made his way to the open bar in the center of the viewing area. Asher made his way to the bar, running a hand through the black locks falling over his eyes. When the bartender droid approached the bartop, Asher looked to it with a dismissive gaze. "More bourbon, this time a double." He turned back to the viewing screen in the center of the room. The speeder his company had been testing seemed to have stalled at some point and was now on the side of the track.

"Make it a triple." He grumbled out.

Marguerite Shaw

M
eqxrirn.png

Wearing: [xXx]
Tag: Asher Malvern Asher Malvern

------------------------

This was not her normal scene, not at all. Or at least, it wasn't a place that people knew she enjoyed visiting. With things the way they were in her life, dangerous things were frowned upon. Those who knew her wanted her safe, and while Maggie of course understood this and why very well, it didn't stop her from slipping away when she would catch wind of these races. Of course, she did not come alone; the last thing she needed was to be scolded for not only endangering herself, but for doing so without the android designed specifically to keep her alive. A fact that didn't bother Maggie all that much, considering she was still observing and working on EVOH every day, and experiencing every little thing only helped to fill in those pieces of data.

Right now however, Maggie's attention was on the race. While she had EVOH watching the cars and tracking the race, Maggie herself sighed outwardly in disappointment as the cars didn't quite impress as she had expected. Admittedly, part of her wanted some sort of pileup. That sort of damage allowed for the best sort of information; ways to improve metals, better safety protocols, the works. While Maggie wasn't in the market for making cars, that sort of info could be applied to nearly everything else as well.

Including EVOH.

But for the moment, she needed a drink. Mags took the time to check on her android companion, found nothing amiss, and then pat EVOH on the shoulder before she turned away and made her way towards the open bar. When she was given a nod, the blonde leaned against the bartop and loft a brow. "I think I need a glass of wine," she informed the bartender, "And not that watered down swill you serve everyone else. I want the stuff worth paying for." No one could ever accuse Maggie of not knowing what she wanted, and clearly she wasn't the only one. She caught the request of a man down the bar from her, and it caused her other brow to loft with the first.

"Rough evening?" clearly. No one ordered a triple anything without good reason. "I'm going to guess your bet was on the car that stalled out..." Quite a bold assumption, but again, Mags wasn't shy.

eqxrirn.png

The bardroid set the crystal glass on the counter, causing Asher to incline his head with a muttered thanks. He heard a voice call out to him and he ignored it for a moment, downing a bit of the bourbon before clearing his throat, letting the hot, warm liquor fill his palette and heat the back of his throat. "Mark seventeen plasma energy binders. They have almost twice the power output of the standard binders without the degradation rates. In theory you could run them for twice as long and they'd maintain a strong bind. Only problem is they tend to put out negative ion particles when overused." He downed a bit more of the bourbon before gesturing to the speeder with a single finger.

"They basically installed an Ion kill switch in the karking speeder." He grumbled, before looking to the source of the voice. He was rather surprised to see the source was an incredibly beautiful woman. Not that he paid it much mind. He was too deep in his glass to focus on things like that. Instead he continued speaking on about the speeder.

"The Ion particles could have been easily dispersed with the proper systems, however the design team wanted to focus on time rather than efficiency. What does it matter if you can make the fastest speeder if the damned thing cuts off five minutes into flight." He set the empty crystal on the table before shaking his head, not understanding the stupidity of his own engineer teams.

"
At least this will team them a lesson. They'll take it back to the labs and..." His eyes rose in a sharp motion when he saw the speeder catch fire. A small, blue flame errupted from the venting system, causing the pit teams to run from the speeder. Only seconds later the speeder exploded into a pillar of blue flames, metal shooting out everywhere before the feed on the speeder was cut. Asher stared up at the sight with a dry expression for a moment before digging his hand into his pocket. He pulled out a pack of cigarra's, tossing them on the bartop before chuckling ironically. "Guess they won't be taking that one back to the labs." He said, setting one of the cylinders between his lips. He turned to the woman, arching a brow at her curiously.

"And you? Do you have a pod you're rooting for?" He asked, searching the pockets of his trousers for his lighter.

Marguerite Shaw

M
eqxrirn.png

Tag: | Asher Malvern Asher Malvern |

-------------------------

Well...that was not at all the reaction that Maggie was expecting. She had of course listened, and she followed along with everything she was being told. Enough so that it made her frown in thought as her gaze shifted from this stranger to the view screen once again. A thoughtful hum vibrated her throat and she watched as the unfortunate events unfolded right there on screen. She was quiet through it, only sighing slowly through her nose as if she knew exactly what sort of migraine that sort of results gave out to all involved.

But, she was spoken to again, and her gaze turned back to the man. "Not particularly," she answered honestly enough. "I'm here for two reasons; one I enjoy the races far more than anyone should. I enjoy the atmosphere, the rush, and the mechanics of it all. Two, when there are crashes, or pileups, or any other sorts of incidents, they put out the best sorts of data to learn from. What materials to not use, what to strengthen, and a whole other mess of things to be rifled through."

Maggie shrugged a shoulder and pointed to the view screen as her wine was set down in front of her. "While that was unfortunate for you, and a setback most certainly I'm sure, there is plenty to learn from it. Dos and don'ts, if you will." She smirked just a little, "If you remember any of it by this time tomorrow, of course..."

eqxrirn.png

When the woman spoke of enjoying the pile ups and faults of the races, Asher let out something that closely resembled a chuckle. He pointed to one of the racers that had been habitually trailing in second place. "Them. They chose a Beskar thrust drive. Their entire speeder was formed with Titanium and Durasteel, but Beskar for your drive? It would be heavier than the rest of the damn speeder." He said.

He held up his empty crystal glass. "If I remember this by the morning then this didn't do the right job." He joked, before setting the glass down and turning to face the woman. "Asher." He said, before realizing the single words may not have actually conveyed what he was intending to do. He grunted a bit, before clearing a lock of hair from his eyes. "That's uh- that's my name, Asher." He said in greeting. However in the next moment the bar droid returned to the man for service.

This time Asher ordered a pale ale to ride the liquor he'd been drinking. The cool mug was placed in front of him, however rather than drinking it he looked to the woman who'd sat next to him. "
You sound like you know a thing or two." He said, before turning to the races view screen. "Maybe I'll be able to remember you. Well, I actually have a really good memory. It's hard for me to forget much, unless it's schematics to vibroblade functions, those are a pain on my best day."

PBTfdEg.png
Equipment: Frozen Heart, Mostly Formal, Loose Hair
Tags: Safira Haran Safira Haran | Haastal Haran Haastal Haran | Isran Varad Isran Varad | Dain Vikaar | Var Talon Var Talon

tcxa41J.png

Valeria watched as the Mandos fought off the aggressors. It was interesting to see the smaller frame, despite being several inches taller and probably a few pounds heavier than Valeria herself, of the woman they had been with pretty handily overpowering her opponents with the help of a stool. She also heard the one that started all of this basically yell out challenging any and all comers, and as tempting as it was, Valeria wasn’t TRYING to fight them. Not yet anyways.

That being said there wasn’t much time to think about it before two more gang members approached her, apparently upset that a compatriot was crumpled on the floor. They both threw some pretty good punches but they were just a boxing style punch at the end of the day, Valeria countered and evaded most of them but did catch a couple blows to the ribs. She was getting real tired of this multi combatant situation so when the next one threw a jab in her direction she swiftly grabbed his arm and pulled him forward, or rather herself towards him, and brought her leg around for a kick to the side of his knee in such a way that utilized his own momentum against him. The force generated as a result broke his leg and left him on the ground in immense pain.

Valeria did get grabbed by the other male which turned out to be a large Trandoshan, he’d mostly hung back while the other human male had been on the offense. This would be a bit inconvenient. She tried to get herself free using a table as leverage but it wasn’t enough, all it really accomplished was the Trandoshan spun around with her in his grip while trying to deliver blows with the other hand, thankfully it was the non-dominant hand so Valeria was able to block them though it didn’t feel great. She wrapped her legs around the Trandoshan’s torso and began to repeatedly punch it in the face, this was disorienting to the creature but was likely not doing much damage due to her lack of strength. The Trandoshan seemed to panic a bit and began walking forwards even if it couldn’t see where it was going, likely hoping for a wall or table to bash her in to.

Valeria and her opponent during this time ended up passing by the group of Mandos and the lady, perhaps also a Mando, as her opponent broke out into a jog.

As she passed by Valeria yelled out “Excuse us, just passing through!”

Not long after Valeria felt the impact of a wall in her back, this momentarily stopped her punches thanks to the great deal of pain involved though this also provided an opportunity as she had impacted the wall of a booth, one that another Echani was occupying whom was apparently still trying to just enjoy his drink. Valeria did notice a bottle on the table though and needed to borrow it though the Trandoshan did deliver a nice hook to her jaw which dazed her for just a second.

As she used Force Pull to grab the bottle as it was out of arm’s reach for her she said to the Echani:

“Apologies, I need to borrow this!”

As soon as she felt the glass of the bottle’s neck touch her fingers she broke it over the Trandoshan’s head and then still gripping the neck of the bottle, now with jagged edges at the bottom, plunged it into the Trandoshan’s neck which then let her go as Valeria pushed him off of her with her legs. She leaned against the wall breathing heavily, with a small amount of blood trickling from the side of her mouth, her body wasn't really designed to take punches from a much stronger species and she could definitely feel that right about now.

teal123.png

M6zDQGa.png

B R E A T H

8wDTtQq.png

Time: 1915 Hours
Equipment: Tactical Recon Handgun (2), Appropriate attire
Objective: Let off some steam.
Tags: | Tyrias Aran Tyrias Aran |

As they took off into the darkened streets of the city, illuminated only by the neon lights that ran along the edges of the buildings while they flew by. Even for this time of night, there was still plenty of people out and about on the streets, though Luna didn’t much let this effect her. This was a night of letting lose, of being free from the thoughts that plagued her. The ghosts that floated through her dormitory night after night would not haunt her tonight, especially not as she felt the grip of her captain around her waist.

The question from behind her prompted the growing smile on Luna’s lips to grow even wider, especially as she practically brought the speeder parallel to the ground to make a particularly sharp right turn. “Used to be even more of a junkie, when I could fly.” Another sharp turn, this time leading into what looked to be some sort of night market. Luna slowed down the speeder immediately, for as much as she was enjoying herself, the last thing she wanted to do was flatten a pedestrian. An incident like that could easily see her removed from her post.

“But that was back before the injury. Even now, I still don’t ride as much as I used to. Kark, this might be the first time I’ve truly let lose since…a few months ago, back on Scarif.” Turning her head slightly to look the red eyed woman in the eyes, she flashed her a hearty smirk, one that came from the mischievousness that only a situation like this could bring. Her gaze returned forward, and the moment they were past the worst of the crowded streets, the speeder would whine beneath them once again as Luna pushed it, screaming off down the neon lit streets once again.

It’d be another few minutes of screaming through the streets before Luna finally slowed the speeder down in front of a what looked to be a high rise building, the club and bar at the bottom gaining her attention. In reality, they had passed the place twice now, but there was just something within Luna that craved another go with the speeder. Eventually, however, the club choice of the night would call her name loud enough to pull the speeder to the side, hopping off it and locking it in place. Her attention then turned to the chiss, smile softening from the excited smirk it had been most of the ride.

“Still up for this night?”

Magena Dray

M
PBTfdEg.png
"On the low
Only love myself, no more
Take you to the grave, I'll ghost
I know I can be so cold
In the dark
Where I like to keep my heart
Know I'm all bite, no bark
Like to catch you way off guard."

Wearing:
XoXo
Theme: XoXo
Tags: Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

“I dunno Lesan, sounds shady.” She quirked a brow at him, “Actively advertising yourself as ‘anything goes’?” Magena Dray, always a skeptic. Part and parcel of the uh, ‘career’ she’d chosen. Judah seemed eager though, which could turn out to be a bit amusing if she wanted to humor him for a change. With a nonchalant shrug and that trade-mark grin pulling at the side of her mouth, Magena followed suit, “Just sayin’.”

Memories of old were riding high at the moment, as Judah dragged her through the club. Apparently Judah was of the same mind, bringing up Dothan while finding an empty spot at one of the tables and reminiscing.

Yeah. They had made a lot of credits, but only because she was constantly picking up the slack.

Good sabacc player, but Jedi had been a bit of a bleeding heart back in the day.

“Mmmm. We did make a lot of credits,” she agreed, sliding into the empty seat next to him and draping an arm over the back of his chair. “but if I remember correctly… it often followed me having to convince Dothan you were worth more alive than dead, because you always wanted to skim off some from the top to give to some ‘less fortunate scumrats’.”

Her fingers snapped, grabbing the attention of a passing by waitress to get a tab going. “Whatever credits come tonight, they go to whatever use we decide.” That was to say, the only person’s pocket she was interested in lining tonight, was her own. Kark noble causes. No one had ever given two bantha-poodoo’s about her, why should she about them? It was a dog-eat, dog-world. The sooner people figured that out, the better off they'd be.

“Far as marks? None that stand out yet. You just stay focused on the game, I’ll keep an eye out for anyone...interesting...that passes through.”

Last edited by a moderator:

clipart-beach-divider-9_2.png

p2QNwRg.png

WEARING: [xXx]
TAG: Mic Gallagher

The very fact that Mic fed Ashryn's sticky fingered desires was both pleasing and dangerous. While the blonde woman could so very easily fit into any given situation, become anyone she needed to be with enough research and work, she didn't look like much more than some fawning little thing in a nice dress on some lucky guy's arm. And that was fine with Ash; in fact, that was perfect.

Though for the moment, Ash's gaze shifted to her companion and she reached her free hand out to smooth out a wrinkle in his shirt. She knew he couldn't possibly be comfortable all cleaned and dressed up, and she couldn't help but grin at the fact that he had done it anyhow. "You look good all cleaned up, you know. Not that I don't like the more rugged approach of your day to day." she let that sink in for a moment, her grin having turned to amused smirk before she looked away from him and once again scout the immediate area around them.

Soooo many possible targets...

No, not yet. "There," Ash let out, once again extending her free arm so that she could point at the bar. "I think drinks first are most definitely a good idea in a place like this." Not that either of them needed to quell any nerves, but a little booze in the blood stream would certainly make the night much more interesting, and surely more entertaining depending on how potent the drinks were.

clipart-beach-divider-9_3.png

Marguerite Shaw

M
eqxrirn.png

Tag: | Asher Malvern Asher Malvern |

----------------------------

"It doesn't seem to be hurting them too badly," Maggie pointed out, folding her arms across her chest as she watched the view screen for the time being. "Second place is better than exploded speeder." That made her give pause, and she shifted to face this man fully with a semi-sheepish expression now. "I apologize, that was crass and unthoughtful." She honestly hadn't meant anything by it, but it was indeed a habit to speak her thoughts before her mind could properly filter her words.

Thankfully, he had introduced himself, and this allowed for her to relax from her little flub of social awkwardness. "I gathered," she assured him about his introduction being his name. "I'm Maggie."

"Marguerite." the android spoke from where she had been left, still stationary and not facing the other two.

This caused Maggie to roll her eyes and sigh. "Maggie." she stated again, "And I would like to think very much so that I know a thing or two here and there." One of her hands extended long enough to tap the glass Asher had been drinking from. "It's not a matter of whether you personally can remember details or not. Alcohol is only your friend to a certain point, then it becomes an inconvenience."

eqxrirn.png

When Maggie commented on the fact that Asher's speeder was in last place in every way possible, the man chuckled dryly before sipping down a bit more of his drink. "Damn good point." He said, turning his eyes back to the screen. When she apologized he shook his head. "It was true. Don't apologize." He said simply, before setting the crystal back on the countertop. He was enjoying the feeling that the liquor gave him. Warm and disconnected from the greater Force.

"Maggie." He repeated, nodding his head towards her. When the droid called out, Asher glanced back at it with an intrigued look. He watched as the bartender came close and he raised the crystal to the air so he would know to refill the drink. As the amber liquid filled his glass he turned to Maggie with a nod. "It hasn't inconvenienced me yet." He said simply before gesturing over to the droid that stood back from them. "The droid, is it yours?" He asked.

Asher stood from the bar, feeling his legs once again and not enjoying the feel of them under him.

He walked over to the droid with a curious expression. He gazed at the droid with some interest before speaking simply. "Delta."

The man's ring would come alive with an emerald shine, projecting the hologram to Asher's shoulder. The hologram had a childlike demeanor to it, kicking its legs over Asher's shoulders while it looked to EVOH with a humorous expression. "Ooh, it's a state of the art android. Advanced AI interface...combat oriented too. She's a real good android form. Definitely your kind of program, Ash." The small hologram seemed to flit onto the androids shoulder for a spare second before suddenly appearing on Maggie's shoulder. "Hello!" He waved enthusiastically before flashing to Asher's shoulder once again.

"Delta. I told you to quit doing that." He said, glancing over at the AI with a sigh. Asher turned to Maggie, swatting at Delta. "Did you design this droid?" He asked.

Attire: Night on the Town
Tag: Luna Terrik Luna Terrik

The red eyed woman stared back at Luna when she turned to regard her passenger. A smile graced her dark lips in response. "With my new assignment," essentially being Luna's attache, bodyguard, and chauffeur into and out of danger, "I should have plenty of opportunities to introduce you to more exciting opportunities. And don't try telling me places like Mustafar are exciting."

'Every day is full of excitement with the Dauntless!' Made for a great recruitment ad, but it was at least half poodoo. The only thing you were excited about when it came to Mustafar was when you got to leave. Forcing yourself to endure a challenge doesn't mean you're relaxing or enjoying yourself. As evidenced by the Marshal herself admitting this was her first chance in months to 'let loose.'

Then again, Tyrias knew what Luna was referring to and didn't mind that being a hallmark moment little else could compare.

As this whisked about the streets, making their rounds, Tyrias remarked, "If you clip the one wearing stripped sunglasses it'll be worth fifty credits." Yes, she had noticed they'd gone in a circle, and were about to again. Why not humorously suggest point value assignments to pedestrians that they could so easily take out at these speeds? Wasn't as though Luna would seriously do it, nor even contemplate seriously doing it.

After they'd come to a stop and straightened up, ready to depart, the Chiss regarded Luna for a moment. "Luna, if anything you know once a Chiss starts a task they finish it. Whether it takes one minute or one decade, it will be done. The question, really, is whether you can keep from going around the block again." With a small smile perched on her lips again, Tyrias lifted a leg over to unmount their evening chariot and offer a had back for Luna to take. "I've been waiting for this night for a while now."

..N..O..N..L..E..T..H..A..L..
PBTfdEg.png

Var2021-3.png
Chaos ensued.
That seemed to be the norm as of late. No matter where in the Galaxy the Echani settled his boots, there was some battle to wage. Back home, there was civil unrest - the new monarch did an excellent job of driving her subjects to anger. In the old circles, a schism had erupted between former allies. The congregation that had broken free of the old SuperMax together...that crew that Var aided in the desperate bid for freedom...had all but turned against one another. If his datapad was any reflection of the circumstances, both sides wished for his blade to choose. A side must always be taken, even if it is the wrong side. He could almost hear the old lectures of his sire ringing in his ears at the thought.​
At the present moment, the freshly initiated Obsidian Knight had been partaking in the "splendor" of Noctura.​
Admittedly, the world was a chithole and so was the city. It was no different from the hovels he once frequented in Hutt Space. The sole difference? There would be paperwork if he decided to remove someone's spine with a bottle. Thus, as the scuffle ensued, the Echani looked up from his booth. The half-written message he had composed to the frantic missives was paused, just in time for him to witness a stool being thrown across the room. There were some friendlies in the mix. Some locals. And to that...Var simply leaned back and settled his head against the booth. A content sigh escaped his lips. Tension left his shoulders.​
For the moment, the brawl was a whole heap of "not my karking problem."​

"Looks like you could use a fresh one," this somehow managed to sound over the din of the raucous in the bar area.

A lot had gone down in the ten minutes following the arrival of Hazel's drink at the end of the bar. She'd stood witness to thrown stools, smashed glasses, wasted booze, a few respectable body checks, and a whole lot of spacer trash language. All in all it was turning out to be an interesting night, but the Merc was too old to join in on the fun - nevermind the obvious concern of legitimately crushing someone's face with cybernetics.

With great upgrades comes great responsibility.

She'd languished over her own lost drink (it had committed its own form of self-sacrifice to avoid being smashed by a flying body) and watched as several more patrons on the outskirts gave the brawl a healthy amount of space. The man in the booth wasn't spared - or at least his whisky wasn't.

All said, Hazel set a new bottle down on the table before Var Talon Var Talon , amber liquid sloshing excitedly about inside, and presented two fresh tumblers, "So can I. Mind if I join you?"

p2QNwRg.png

Gear: Glop grenade (x4), vibroknife, BAW-57 Heavy Blaster Pistol (hidden under clothes)
Rook leaned forward enough to measure the drop. A square of scrap metal found itself in free fall as her boot shoved it off the edge, the metal's chrome glint quickly disappeared during the plunge off the unfinished skyscraper. Rook lifted her gaze. Thousands of lights glimmered for miles in every direction, a grounded galaxy of artificial stars that was welcoming yet off-putting. Each neon sparkle was a sign of life, of people living their lives to their own whims or the whims of others, all congregated in one big "feth you" to a hostile universe. At the same time it was isolating, as the uncertainty of--

"Shut up! Told ya once, told ya twice..." Rook snapped over her shoulder at nothing then turned her face back to the drop, "gotta practice some time." She slipped a hand under her canvas poncho then unclipped a grenade from a bandolier. She paused to draw a deeper breath, something she'd have to train herself to do without eventually, then primed the grenade. Throwing her shoulder back she launched the grenade with a pitcher's toss and it soared through the air toward another undeveloped scraper. Rook hopped a step back, watching the grenade's trajectory before starting the motions of a roundhouse kick. But before her leg could complete the snap of the kick a miasma of pink and purple broke into the air around her followed by a muted crack.

portal.png
The grenade's beep's echoed as it fell closer to the exposed duracrete of the skeleton skyscraper. On the lower platform the air began to ripple, a rupture forming in the atmosphere that soon shattered as Rook breached reality. The kick she had started was following through within mere inches of the grenade, but as she watched it was apparent her aim was off. The lip of the glop grenade kissed the edge of her boot sending it spinning upwards. Rook's foot slammed onto the ground as she fell forward with the momentum of the kick and portal drop.

"Chit chit CHIT!" She hissed while scrambling away to escape the-- POP

"OHMPH!" Rook fell face forward as the grenade exploded and sent a wave of foamy adhesive. Caught in the radius of the blast she found herself stuck up to the waist, her left arm also stuck. Her right arm was beneath her, and she pushed against the blanket of foam enough to free her arm. Hand balled into a fist she gave the duracrete a good what for as she slammed it a couple times, pausing for a moment of self-deprecating monologuing before feeling spiteful enough to get free. She couldn't reach the knife on her belt but perhaps... could she make another jump? Under her nose she felt the thin run of blood. It could have come from hitting the 'crete, of course.

She could make another jump. Sure she could.

With a grunt Rook pushed herself up again, trying to buy more wiggle room from under the adhesive. Unsuccessful she settled down again and focused, stitching together a conscious effort to slip through, to phase. A first portal jump always came naturally, a reflex, as little effort as raising your hand. Untrue for a second attempt. It was always difficult to break through without a few hours to "reset," whatever spacial force she tapped into becoming deaf to her beckon or, and more likely, herself too weak to make it move again. So she laid there just thinking, trying to find something to motivate another surge of strength.

yellow.png

Mic Gallagher

M

962f8a3da1d1574c069b783f76b1def0_2.png

p2QNwRg.png

TAG: Ashryn Shiari Ashryn Shiari
WEARING: X

Mic's boyish grin spread on his face once more at Ash's compliment.

A slight blush moved up his throat to his cheeks as she smoothed a wrinkle on his shirt, however. But his grin widened nonetheless.
"Careful, darling. I might wear this more often." he teased. "You look mighty fine in that dress, however." he added a bit more sincerely.

She agreed to a drink. Wonderful! As they started heading over to the bar, it was quite amusing to see how Ash had to restrain herself from delving into people's pockets. He always knew she had sticky fingers of a sort - that's how they had met, after all. But to see her like this was quite cute.

After a few steps, he could not contain a chuckle anymore.
"Tell you what - we get our drink and then we dip into pockets next to the Sabacc Table." he told her softly as they walked up to the bar.

Mic leaned on the counter as he spoke to the droid on the other side.
"I'd like a spicebrew, please Mate." he said before turning to Ash. "And you, Sheila? What would you like?" he asked her, eyes sparkling with mischief.

962f8a3da1d1574c069b783f76b1def0_3.png

Div.png

Var2021-3.png

TAG: Hazel Scheler Hazel Scheler , Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée

Despite being the textbook definition of "not my problem", the brawl had made its way over to the Echani. His beverage of choice had been sacrificed to the struggle, a fact which made the man's lips twitch ever so slightly. The bastard child of a scowl and a smirk played upon his features. Nonetheless, he was more than happy to wait out the brawl before ordering another. Gods above knew he would have to rearrange someone's spine if another beverage was lost. So, for the time being, Var sat back and watched the fireworks.

That is, until company arrived. A feminine voice caused the man to move his attention. His gaze settled, firstly, upon her face - and secondly, upon the gift she bore in her hands. Typically, the Echani was the sort to tell a sod to piss off if they approached. But how could he turn away something so beautiful? She wasn't that bad looking either. Scooting over in the booth, Var patted the seat and made amble room. "You sure know how to make a friend." he said, lips curving into a genuine smirk.

"Name's Var, good to meet you." Pleasantries aside, his chin motioned towards the beverage she had brought over. "What's your poison?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom