Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Lagoon (Vulpesen/ask)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu gave a nod of her head and rose from her position now as she walked wearing the robes and grabbing her discblade and sabers. A small grin on her face exiting the ship and she moved more to the cargo bay where it opened and the jeep was there for them to use. Matsu got into the drivers seat and she had a small pack of supplies at the ready. They were going into the jungle towards a temple that might possibly have hostiles... Couldn't be to ill prepared while the jedi just barely reached the pedals and controls over the seat.

Vulpesen rose an eyebrow as he say the jeep in the cargo bay. "Hell. Even I've never been that prepared." He walked over and hopped into the passenger seat. "Been a long time since I've been able to stop running and sit back in a ride." He leaned back in the seat and felt Ace crawl into his robes. Of course, Ace was always relaxed as he got a free ride. But for Vulpesen, this was a very welcome change of pace.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

She had to laugh to that. "Always be prepared, it has worked much and these are built tough." She set off as the droid closed the cargo doors and the jeep headed off towards the temple in the distance. As Matsu cleared the open area and went into the canopy she noticed the sharp temperature drop and raised an eyebrow. There were half broken statues and vines overgrowing everything. It looked familiar like the world beyond shadows where she could find these old things. "This place seems familiar, have you ever been beyond the shadows?

As the temperature dropped, Vulpesen let out a growl and wrapped his robes a bit tighter around himself. If there was one thing that Vulpesen hated on a mission, it was the cold. As she asked about the world beyond the shadows, he cocked his head slightly to the side. "I must admit that the term is very unfamiliar to me. I know of, 'beyond the veil' but the shadows are something I've yet to hear of."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Darth Tsolan"]

Matsu focused on the force, her energies pushing tapas outwards and into her limbs while she let Vulpesen stand there before speaking. "Beyond shadows is a realm the mindwalkers retreated to and found an ancient being, something older then the republic and most civilizations. Abeloth was a cruel thing and she governed a world that offered some secrets few others could find, it was also a dangerous trap. Created to have one join the celestials or worse, not something that was supposed to happen." She continued to walk towards the sky temple in the distance as the jeep came to a stop and had jumped out. "Come on, never know what you are going to find."

Vulpesen's eyes widened as she mentioned abeloth, and his hand drifted down to touch his saber. "Her, I've heard of. Mid first century ABY, Abeloth attempted to take the galaxy, leading to her destruction, but not her ultimate demise. Though, I've never heard of her actual true elimination, simply a quest to find the legendary dagger of Mortis, last known to be held by Anakin Skywalker. With Abeloth's survival, such a thing would be invaluable."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Darth Tsolan"]

Matsu looked at Vulpesen and raised her eyebrows. Everyone knew the monster and the tale but not the person behind it. There was always more to a story then just villains and heroes. "Ah yes Mortis, a realm of the force as well, sure it is supposed to be something tangible but given its power it should have been found don't you think. Sometimes I have discovered the trust is stranger then the fiction and not all villains are bad... most are but as always ones point of view alters perceptions." Matsu continued to move forward towards the large sky temple and the stairs t the base of it held her interest. She looked at them and while being short these were not made for humans they were made for something else. Something larger. "And you will find that death for some beings is really only the beginning. If she survived, if she lived she would most likely still be gathering her strength but then what is time to a being who can sit and wait for hundreds of thousands of years. Time holds less meaning in some cases and patience always wins out."

"It's nothing, but I'm sure having several incarnations of yourself ripped apart do leave a bad impression. If and when she comes back, she won't be coming back with cookies and blue milk." He grinned and looked around the area as they rode. "But that's why we're going after the dagger. And if it comes to it, I'll be more than happy to be the one to stop her."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Darth Tsolan"]

Matsu looked at him. "Don't be so quick to sacrifice yourself, it is all nice to want to make the noble sacrifice but if you are going to. Make sure it is not in vain first, you can only do more harm when the force decides your plan is going to fail. It is why I only focus on some plans." Which was what she enjoyed as the grand staircase leading up came into view and Matsu started ascending the stairs. She looked around the temple and was enjoying the sight of it for the moment while speaking more. "Besides don't you have someone special?"

Vulpesen walked after her, smiling at the words. "Isn't a jedi's life one of sacrifice? Besides, I don't intend to get myself kill anytime soon. I don't remember the dagger saying anything about its user having to die." As she asked about anyone special, his smile fell only slightly. "No, not yet. If I did, I'm sure Carn would have come out of the depths of the temple to strangle me with a robe sash."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Darth Tsolan"]

"A jedi's life is giving of themselves to protect the galaxy, sometimes from dangers, sometimes from itself but all must be in the pursuit of protecting the people. Because they make the peace, they make the civilization. They are the ones who gave us their trust, many forget a jedi is nothing more then a man, a woman, a child that it is the power of the people who gives a jedi their power as much as the will of the force that they have something special." Matsu continued walking up the steps and as she looked around the top of the temples seeing it all, it was empty overgrown but clear of anythign that seemed important. Matsu kept walking as she felt the stone and it seemed to be old and worn. "This temple is ancient, I don't know how good it is at holding weight.... One of the few times I am glad t be short."

He nodded to her speech, finding truths in her words. "While we are simply people, you have to admit we have powers that most do not." He was careful with each step as they went up the stairs, having also noticed the perils of the structure. "And I'm glad I never focused on becoming some big buff tank of a warrior." Despite his words of assurance, he still pulled a dagger from his robes and kept it ready,just in case he needed to stab it into the wall for safety.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Darth Tsolan"]

Matsu looked at Vulpesen and was glad she knew how to fly, that always helped in situations like this as she kept walking and wondered less what was here and more. What had been here? What had the temple been used for even in ancient times? It boggled the mind a little and there was a slat go air and light going down. Again her size an advantage while she looked and spoke. "I have seen temple designs like this before, on Faustin a temple used by the sith but it never seemed like theirs. More they just built on top of it. We should head down and if it is the same design there will be more stuff further below the surface." Matsu looked at him only briefly before crossing her arms in an x over her chest and hugging herself. Then she jumped and slid down the stone letting the armor weave protect her from scraps.

Vulpesen looked around, his brown and hazel eyes scanning the area. "I've seen a few on my travels, but I mostly focus on the traps of a temple, not so much the architecture. I was a shadow. Not an archaeologist." As [member="Matsu Ike"] leaped down, Vulpesen smiled and leaped after her. A little less sliding on his part. He may not have known how to fly, but he was more than capable of slowing his own descent.

[member="Darth Tsolan"]

Matsu didn't need to slow her descent, she enjoyed the small rush of going down into the temple as the air changed and it got cooler, she plopped out in a large room and she pushed the force down to slow her fall finally before touching down. Her body moving to the side as Vulpesen was behind her and she could feel him coming. Then she was looking around and finding a glow rod as the green light activated and illuminated the room. The ancient walls slick with moisture from time as she started walking forward and focused on adjusting her eyes then using the force to augment them. "This temple is amazing."

As he hit the ground behind [member="Matsu Ike"], Vulpesen allowed his legs to been as a set of shock absorbents, causing his body to seemingly crumple to the ground. While he had slowed himself, it was only enough to prevent any real damage. Rising back up to his full height, he turned to his fellow master. "It is. But I'm fairly concerned that we haven't run into any traps. You'd think something as special as our target would have loads of dangers surrounding it." He then took his half of his lightsaber and ignited it, letting the golden glow illuminate the area around him. As he walked Ace's head popped out of his robes, a spot of glowing blue light among the near darkness.

[member="Darth Tsolan"]

Matsu looked at him and he frowned a little as she spoke. "Traps are dangerous at times and not many would lay a trap in the vent shaft." She didn't say it with a sarcastic tone she said it more with a matter of fact tone. She wasn't completely sire she was right but was hoping she was right about the vents being the only entry way not trapped. At best she was right and there was plenty of traps inside at worst she was wrong and there was no traps because someone had set them off already and gotten inside. She was winging it as it went and moving forward while her eyes adjusted and she was using the force to listen for any sounds of springs or whistling as arrows came at them... that distinctive sound of a boulder rolling to crush the life from them.

He grinned and continued on, watching his step just in case. Though, there was a bit of relief at her reassurance. "Well, that's good to hear. Place might have been inhabited at one point and I don't think dead flesh smells good when it gets stuck in here." Ace leaped out of his robes as they walked and took the lead, his soft glowing fur casting a small light on the ground.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Darth Tsolan"]

Matsu continued to walk forward and chuckled a little at that it was true for the most part though if there were bodies things might have eaten them. The problem with these older temples was just that they were old and there were ancient beasts as much as new ones that could find their way into these worlds. You had to be careful as it were which was why when Ace came out and was glowing her face went blank.... "I so need to find me a pet like that, my daughters were so upset and afraid of the dark after their mother died I had to find them a nightlight."

He let out a small laugh and continued onward, following Ace as the wolf trotted ahead of them. "He does come in handy, and I can help you find one. But as for the manner of pet-" A growl left the small form before he could even finish. "They hate it when people call them that. Despite how he looks, Ace is a sentient being."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom