Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Lagoon (Vulpesen/ask)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu had called the new master here. He was young and impulsive with a wanting to learn and that made him two things. Questionable about what he might do to learn and someone she could work with. At best she could show him the way and work from there which is what would really matter now and she had several things to work with material wise standing for herself. A grin appeared on her face and Matsu spoke going into the library. "Master Vulpesen please come and see me?"

Vulpesen had been enjoying his time in the library. Sure he preferred being a field operative, but he was also a common reader. Unknown to many of his jedi companions, Vulpesen spent most of his traveling time in the galaxy going to different force orders to read what they could allow and learn the basics of their techniques. Some habits were hard to break. However, he found his reading interrupted when Master Ike called his name. Looking up he caught eye of the master. He had never met her before, and he most certainly hadn't ever been spoken with her. Still, he knew of her position and thus he stood when called. "As you wish master Ike. However, may I ask what this is about?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu gave a nod at seeing Vulpesen and bowed in respect as he spoke. "I am just catching up in the library and taking notes for my collection. There is much to keep safe with all that is happening and after the fall of Coruscant well we had some issues of security. More importantly I looked through reports. You asked to be taught and the old jedi masters stalled never offering a real decision on the matter and as I am not 'supposed' to teach you there is nothing to say a smart jedi like you... Wouldn't know how to learn by seeing, so while we work on the datacrons for my library or in case of the worst we lose it all. It is why I am down here committing to memory as much as I can."

Then she gave another smile and walked placing hands behind her back and holding a crate. "Now I have here a crate of datacrons and we will be using the codex today. While we do that if you have any questions for me about the twenty holocrons that compose it or the artifacts, perhaps you wonder what I am skilled in and able to teach. I have been known to teach lessons in private away from the eyes of the masters when ones are ready."

Vulpesen rose an eyebrow as he listened. He didn't know much about [member="Matsu Ike"], and to be honest, her words were fairly confusing, whirling around in his head in an almost intangible fashion. For a moment, he thought he was back in one of the bad distracts of the Amaran market, wily coyote faced merchant trying to dance him into a sale. Of course, perhaps that was a good thing, such experiences made it possible for his mind to latch onto the meanings of the masters words. "Actually, I spent a lot of time with several force orders such as the Fallanasi and the Baran Do, the latter of which had a jedi member a few hundred years ago. Master Ike, would you be familiar with the events considering Master Koon and a criminal known as Dreed Pommel?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

"I am familiar with many things, there is a certain talent some jedi have and that is memory. It is key to being here where knowledge is power and compared to many of our order who focus on combat it seems I prefer my books and datacrons. The knowledge of the holocron vault can make a mind sharper then any of the blades. It is how I choose to avoid the council and stay off their radar. Buried in the next text ot visiting Hapes as needed to make sure our relations with their people are good." With another smile Matsu moved to the door of the vault and brought out her hand as she slid it to the biometric lock and the doors slid open with an intake of air.

Going into the room the jedi master looked at it all and walked letting the wooden shoes tap on the floor and she walked to the middle bringing up a large holocron.... well twenty pyramids that went together to form the ancient codex of Tython, A repository of all the knowledge from the old republic and some more even, everything they could think to store for needed use. "Now we can start in here, the holocron vault is one of the best places to learn allowing for you to do nearly anything with the proper instruction. One of them is bound to have a proper instructor inside. Have you been down here before?"

Vulpesen smiled as he listened to her speak. So he wasn't the only master who seemed a bit estranged from the council. Good. He was happy to know that he wasn't the only one on the outs. Of course, that wasn't to say he was on bad terms with the higher masters. He just wasn't part of their circle per say. as [member="Matsu Ike"] opened the vault, Vulpesen followed after her, his gaze wandering over the holocrons around him. "Actually, I spent as much time as I could in here once I was allowed entrance. As a padawan I wished to know every little thing about the force and though the desire has died down, my thirst for knowledge is still there." He continued to walk through the area, searching for a holocron that might do him well. There were several techniques hidden in this place and he only hoped he could find one of the ones he had sought after for so long.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Well that is good to know, the pursuit of knowledge shouldn't be wholly restricted." She touched the codex brought up the gatekeeper as the being spoke to them. "Hello Sar, I am back. Now where did we leave off last time." The gatekeeper just seemed to nod and images came up displaying maps of the galaxy while Matsu brought her hands up to interact with it. Pulling back to show a larger view and fidning other sections. "For now we will have to update these, Coruscant has fallen and the sith are on the move. We'll have to make sure the codex's information is safe."

With a look upon the face of the hologram and then turning to Vulpesen. "IF the time comes, you do know how to disassemble the codex yes? It is a simple enough process and will help ensure our enemies do not get its secrets. Locations of hidden worlds, cache's of knowledge, names of ones who have left and disappeared. In exchange I can show you some of the secrets I have learned through study. There are more people who know how to use techniques your after and I just happen to never forget what I have been taught."

Vulpesen shook his head, returning his attention to the master. "I've never been taught or told that I may have to do sch things. However, I would be happy to learn if it meant being a help for the future. Besides, your proposal sounds quite helpful." He had been waiting for a time to lean such things, and now the thought of being taught how to use what had danced away from him was all too real. His outer appearance was calm, but inside, he felt giddy, jumping with anticipation.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Most wouldn't Councilor Phylis is wise and most of the council is in one way or another but they are also very.... well under Councilor Wraith and Watts we lost an archives, had vaults here on Tython raided and have lost powerful artifacts, holocrons, data. It isn't their fault it just showed the problem of keeping knowledge and items in only one place." Matsu shrugged and continued to look around the room while she went about setting up datacrons and spoke. "The first lesson while the information is recorded. To understand electric judgement is to use control of your emotions to protect. One strong in the force can create it but it is not near as deadly as lightning created by the sith." Her hand rose and Matsu wiggled her fingers as purple sparks formed with little crackles.

Vulpesen watched her fingers, a small smile on his lips. "I was there during the incident on Contruum, during the end of Master Watt's leadership." The lightning interested him immensely, bringing back memories of his time with other people. "When I was just starting out as a jedi, I knew the basics of the ability. I had spent quite a bit of time on Dorin and during that time, they allowed me to learn the basics of this ability. Of course, the best I could ever do is exactly what you're doing right there." He chuckled as he remembered that time on Cato Neimodia. "Except once when I felt both myself and my group was in danger."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"And that is usually how far most jedi will get. It i not an easy thing to do or easy to use control of your emotions as fuel. Some will simply go 'oh your not showing emotions.... sociopath' instead of believing you control them to protect. It is why I choose seclusion and avoiding people. They like to ignore facts for their own goals and self interests. Now come and try it, focus on my voice while the datacrons record the information from the codex." She continued to give Vulps a small smirk and held out her hands getting the purple energy to arc between them. "Focus on your wanting to protect life and the force but not on the emotions"

Vulpesen closed his eyes, picking an aisle of the shelves where he wouldn't hit anything. As he held out his hand, he focused on the river of the force. He remembered the time Ace had almost been killed. The time he saved Sochi's life. The time he saved the Togorians. The first mentioned moment, he had nearly fallen to the darkside and now he had to avoid that. Slowly the river trickled through his arm, causing his fingers to crackle with a golden light. Louder and larger, the lightning grew until large streaks started to move from his fingers, arcing across the aisle. It took him a bit to relearn the techniques he had been taught, but once he learned, he started to resume using this special ability.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu continued to watch as she moved about checking the data recorders then smiled. "Good now remember that emotions are natural as much as we like to lie to ourselves and say they are not. You will feel them and that can happen in a fraction of a second or so. We must always be on guard." Then Matsu extended her hand and arced purple tendrils of the judgement off at the wall. "One of the second things to remember is to focus on absorbing the energy. It will keep your hands from being burnt and injured. That is what you will work on now and then how to control the amount released."

Vulpesen nodded and held his hand our again. Long ago, he had learned the basis of tutaminis and now he applied that knowledge to this ability. As the lightning once again left his hand, Vulpesen focused on protecting his hand. In his mind, it was as if there was a disc between bis fingers and the lightning, protecting him from the heat in front. As arc after arc lanced forward, he smiled at his progress. Save the occasional heat on his hands, he was doing fairly well with keeping his hand from being roasted. with a little time and effort, he would be able to defend himself completely.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu gave a nod of her head as the young master got the basics and she moved coming to a stop while moving things along the codex. "You are doing well. Now help me with these datacrons and we'll move this along. There should be enough information here that I can study for a few weeks." Offering a bow Matsu turned the codex and let it go back into its stand before she opened the crate again. "Let us see, judgement for you, study materials for me, we can go off and enjoy ourselves in the Harlequin and can practice in more open area's. Tython is only so peaceful and i prefer the beauty of Hapes."

Vulpesen nodded and examined the knowledge holder within his hands. "Thank you Master Ike." Readjusting his robes, he prepared to move on. "I remember my stay at Hapes. Of course, it wasn't the most pleasant of times, but it was alright. If you don't count the time I almost died that is." He grinned and waited for her next move, prepared to leave, but also willing to stick around he she had further lessons.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu bowed and continued to walk towards the defender class in the hanger. "It is a wonderful place." When she actually walked around, it was no secret to most but the master did prefer to just stay inside. "And the women, Hapen women are some of the most elegant in the galaxy." Matsu hid her smile under a sleeve and was blushing but the warmth in her cheeks was the only indicator, her pale skin hiding most of everything as she entered the ship going towards the cockpit and looking at the droid. "Set course for Hanna's and make sure there is space for Master Vulpesen." The jedi master moved about and checked the spare room while she spoke. "This is where you can relax and sleep, I have my room and if you wish to you can browse the collection I have."

Vulpesen listened to Matsu's words about the planet of Hapes, remembering the short peace he had before everything started to exploded. "I got to meet a few Hapan doctors while being patched together. It was my closest interaction with them, but I must say that I agree with your statement of elegance." As they walked into the ship, he gave a small bow i thanks as he entered the room. "Thank you Master Ike. I might just take you up on that offer."
[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu gave a nod to him and went off to her room while the droid set the course and she looked out the view port. The stars become lines and the shutters closed while Matsu sat at the desk and went to her notes. Her smile formed looking at the small holoimage of her children and Chora then one of Hanna and her baby. The lightfoil on her hip while the jedi master went to the pads with a hand gliding over the keys. "I'll need to get a few more supplies but it should be possible." With a grin she leaned back in the seat and lightly touched the image and design of a sword while going through the process in her head. "It will take days to do and there isn't much material to try and experiment. Perhaps a whetstone would be needed afterwards or I could try those new techniques."

Vulpesen saw quietly in his cabin, feeling a small tickle under his chin ."What in th-" An astral blue head of fur popped up from his robes. "Oh Ace, sorry pal I forgot you were in there." With a huffing growl, the wolf gave him a quick retort. "Not my fault. You've been in my head, you know how much I've wanted that power." Ace nodded and crawled onto his shoulder, letting out a yip. "Not yet, I'll show you when I reach planet side, for now, I'd rather look at some other things." With that, he got up and went in search for the a fore mentioned collections. There always new things he wanted to learn. The question was, what would he learn this time?
[member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom